Author Topic: Ampere vs RDNA 2: FIGHT! Thread of new GPUs (let's be honest, nvidia gonna win)  (Read 36057 times)

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
Re: Nvidia ampere cards are here, hide yo wallets, hide yo wives
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2020, 12:48:34 AM »
the 5600x leaked bench mark is pretty fucking crazy. beating literally every existing intel cpu

Coax

« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2020, 03:35:54 AM »
Watch Dogs Legion on Ultra in 4K is surprisingly pushing hardware, tested here with a 3090 + i9-10900K. Even with RTX off it struggles to maintain a solid 60fps in the benchmark mode. 1440p to me seems like it's going to be a better sweet spot for next gen if one wants things cranked.

That said could likely turn down a few settings without any noticeable loss in quality but still an interesting potential reference for things to come.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2020, 07:49:48 AM »
Another unoptimized Ubisoft piece of shit. To noone's suprise ever.

Not to mention another layer of DRM and virtual machine crap.

It also doesn't even look that great. Raytracing and reflections and shit don't make a difference when the rest of the game (character models, animations) look like PS3 level.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 07:55:21 AM by MMaRsu »
What

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2020, 12:35:54 PM »

PLS buy this instead so i can get my rtx cards, thanks

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2020, 12:58:10 PM »
6800 is supposedly roughly equal to a 3070 but $80 more, lulz

6800xt seems like it has potential at $650 tho

yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
AMD says they're working on an answer to DLSS with their partners (which I assume is Microsoft).
Without DLSS they just aren't competitive when it comes to ray tracing performance.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
As a console chad I onever quite realised how big these fucking graphics cards are :jeanluc
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
As a console chad I onever quite realised how big these fucking graphics cards are :jeanluc
That's so they don't overheat  :trumps
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
AMD says they're working on an answer to DLSS with their partners (which I assume is Microsoft).
Without DLSS they just aren't competitive when it comes to ray tracing performance.

They're calling it SAM and IF YOU HAD WATCHED THE FUCKING GN VIDEO I POSTED HE SPENDS MINUTES TALKING ABOUT IT
yar

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Lol amd vidya cards
What

Pissy F Benny

I always assumed they were the same length as a phone, not a PS4 :lol :lol :lol
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator

I always assumed they were the same length as a phone, not a PS4 :lol :lol :lol

A phone

Ru 4 real
What

Pissy F Benny

I’ve barely even used a pc in the last 12 years, never mind gamed on one :rash
(ice)

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
3090 is dead and buried until a price drop. it was always a mug's buy anyway for people who needed the RAM for productivity reasons.

3080 is still probably the better flavour in that category. be interesting to see what difference 10GBS of GDDR6X vs 16gb GDDR6 makes. i imagine the 6800XT could've gone to $600 if it was actually possible to buy the 3080 anywhere. they need a good answer to DLSS yesterday if they want to compete without supply constraints though.

the lower end is weird now. feel like AMD should've found a way to get 3070 performance for $450 rather than better than 3070 performance but for more money.

looking forward to the head to heads.

MMaRsu

• Administrator

:fbm
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

:fbm
Now that's how you boycott  :mynicca
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
boycott these nuts
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
No Nvidia for you bub

🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Lmao is that shit for real  :lol :yuck
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Yes, Jensen gave Sweeney the first Titan X when he revealed it

🤴

Coax

Some 3070s spotted in a Netherlands store (atop the pile and on the right). Maybe MMaRsu will get lucky :P

AMD's offerings looking pretty competitive in raster perf which is cool. Interested how their RT and supersampling features fare.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Well considering I dont have the money yet right now, and I want to see which third party card offers the best performance, I might as well wait it out a bit :(

Theres a MSI 3070 in stock at alternate too
What

Human Snorenado

• Icon
3070's seem like they're in much better stock, Microcenter are guaranteeing at least the first 100 customers can get one at every store today.
yar

MMaRsu

• Administrator
I think thats really good news, should mean I should still be able to get one within the next two months. Might buy it for my birthday then, a few days before Cyberpunk 2077 launches. A great birthday present.

By then the dust will have settled a bit, and good reviews will be out as well.
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
I think thats really good news, should mean I should still be able to get one within the next two months. Might buy it for my birthday then, a few days before Cyberpunk 2077 launches. A great birthday present.

Sold out as far as I can see and won't be back in stock until 2021  :idont

My co-worker wanted one but dragged his feet ordering, when I kept sending him links.
When finally one was in stock he said: "What? 600 Euro for a GPU?" and I'm like dude, you're getting a GPU for 600 that would've cost you 1000 a week ago.
I've had known he'd balk on the price I would've sold him my 2070 Super for 400 and got the 3070 myself.  :doggy
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator

My co-worker wanted one but dragged his feet ordering, when I kept sending him links.
When finally one was in stock he said: "What? 600 Euro for a GPU?" and I'm like dude, you're getting a GPU for 600 that would've cost you 1000 a week ago.
I've had known he'd balk on the price I would've sold him my 2070 Super for 400 and got the 3070 myself.  :doggy

Where does it say they wont be back in stock till 2021?
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

Where does it say they wont be back in stock till 2021?
On Alternate they now all say "Delivery in 2021".
Some other shops already cancelled orders placed today. Very few allocated for the Benelux.

It also doesn't help that the folks over on Tweakers place like 4 different orders to see what they get first.
If you didn't order today to get a place in the queue your best bet are shops that don't do pre-orders and just sell what they get in from time to time.
But they are jacking up the prices.
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Daaaaaaaamn the 4k rasterized performance on the 3070 is preeeeeeettttty impressive compared to my 1080ti

DON'T DO IT, SELF, DON'T GO BUY ONE
yar

MMaRsu

• Administrator

Says it should arrive 25-11... jesus let it be so

YESSSSSSSS COME TO DADDY

Im 27th out of 27 in the queue though
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 07:30:51 AM by MMaRsu »
What

El Babua

If the 6900XT can actually OC up to 2500mhz like these leaks suggest, then Sony might not have been too crazy to clock the PS5 as high as they did.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-smart-access-memory-not-proprietary-promise/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

wonder what this means for benchmarks.

seems mental that up until now, both vendors just completely ignored a free 5-10% performance boost button that came as part of the PCIe 3 standard years ago.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe

MMaRsu

• Administrator
cant for DLSS 3.0 so it can be used with any game that uses TAA

Would a 3070 hypothetically support that?

What

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
benches are in for 6800xt vs 3080.

for pure rasterisation it's basically a wash. 6800xt slightly better at 1080p, 3080 slightly better at 4k.

with RT and DLSS there's no contest. if you're not at all interested in those things you can save yourself $50 by going red, but the 3080 remains the better overall package.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
And the 3070?
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-smart-access-memory-not-proprietary-promise/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

wonder what this means for benchmarks.

seems mental that up until now, both vendors just completely ignored a free 5-10% performance boost button that came as part of the PCIe 3 standard years ago.
https://www.computerbase.de/2020-11/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-test/5/

Gains of 1-2 fps, error margin territory. Maybe it'll have more of an impact down the line.

And the 3070?
Toss up between 6800 and 3700. 1-2 fps difference in select games at 1440p and 4k, advantage 6800 at 1080p.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
My card has shipped and shpuld be here tomorrow :o

Next gen here I come baby!
What

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
And the 3070?

best option for its price to my mind. 6800 is $80 more, marginally better raster but significantly worse RT with no DLSS/studio features.

think both the 6800 models are about $50 more than they should be whereas nvidia got it right for the first time in ages, except for the 3090 which is basically wallet abuse.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

:doge

My card has shipped and shpuld be here tomorrow :o

Next gen here I come baby!
Where did you find it?
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Ordered it from Megagekko.nl , really good website and the lines were short (for this 3070 only 30 people, and I was 19th in line today and they got a shipment and sent mine), I got the GIGABYTE RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8GB

But... looking at the inside of my case, Im wondering how the fuck Im gonna fit that beast in there at all O_o
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Ordered it from Megagekko.nl , really good website and the lines were short (for this 3070 only 30 people, and I was 19th in line today and they got a shipment and sent mine), I got the GIGABYTE RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8GB

But... looking at the inside of my case, Im wondering how the fuck Im gonna fit that beast in there at all O_o
Awesome!

I'm still looking for a 5600X at a non scalper price.
It seems like shipments are expected next week so hopefully I can snag one on Coolblue or something.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator

Awesome!

It seems like shipments are expected next week so hopefully I can snag one on Coolblue or something.

https://www.megekko.nl/product/4278/294824/Socket-AM4-Processoren/AMD-Ryzen-5-5600X-processor
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

Awesome!

https://www.megekko.nl/product/4278/294824/Socket-AM4-Processoren/AMD-Ryzen-5-5600X-processor
No stock  :fbm
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
How tf is she ever gonna fit in here

I already have the biggest case ever and I still dont know how tf im gonna do this, now Im a bit scared 😟
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Do you have an ATX motherboard?

Then it'll fit, because the with of pretty much all cards is capped at the size of the motherboard.
My 2070 Super fits just barely  :lol
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Your cable management

:jeanluc
yar

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Your cable management

:jeanluc

They are wrapped around the back but the cables were pretty short so I dont think there was too much choice

What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
 :karen Can I speak to the cable manager

Get a Fractal Design case, the cables practically manage themselves.
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I dunno man I'm no cable management wizard but still... (this is an NZXT H500 mid tower for reference, excuse the dust build up on the inside of the tempered glass, I've been lazy)

yar

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Im sawwry dawgs I put this thing together with the guy who sold it to me (for 75 euro's lmao can you believe that?)

Id been out of the PC building game too long to know wtf I was doing and dont know what im gonna do tomorrow lol
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Whatever you do make sure you record it :snob
🤴

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
the neon :stahp :foxx
◕‿◕

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
MMarsu's setup is certainly Cyberpunk-y  :mynicca

Also is that a watercooler on that Ryzen 2600?  :whoo
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator

rn
What

Coax

How tf is she ever gonna fit in here

I already have the biggest case ever and I still dont know how tf im gonna do this, now Im a bit scared 😟

If I can fit an EVGA 3080 FTW3 (larger than your 3070) into a mITX case and with tidy cable management you'll do just fine   ;)

MMaRsu

• Administrator

:mouf :mouf :mouf :mouf :mouf

« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 10:49:55 AM by MMaRsu »
What

Tuckers Law

How the hell are you people finding these?  Every time I get the chance to check a place, everything is sold out.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

team filler

• filler
  • filler
 8)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
How the hell are you people finding these?  Every time I get the chance to check a place, everything is sold out.
For some reason and I have absolutely no explanation for this Gigabyte has pretty much cornered the Dutch market in sales and supply and they always ship faster than any other brand.
Maybe it's a tax fraud thing, maybe one of their executives just likes this country I have absolutely no idea.
🤴