Author Topic: Saints Row reboot :|  (Read 38917 times)

Akala

• Easy Victor
Re: SAINTS FUCKING ROW
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2021, 06:53:38 PM »
I thought 1 was bullshit and 2 was good.  :ufup

this one looks fine?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2021, 07:28:22 PM »
1 was better than GTA IV in a lot of ways
What

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2021, 10:19:17 PM »
Well, that's a pretty fuckin low bar to clear
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2021, 10:29:43 PM »
If you thought the first one was blah I dont know why you would like the second one

I only played the demo and didn't get a good impression of the first game.  Then videos showing all the insanity that SR2 had to offer came out and I got it and absolutely loved it.  So I can see how he missed out on the first game. 
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2021, 11:46:30 PM »
If you thought the first one was blah I dont know why you would like the second one

What in the fuck are you talking about? They're completely different and I say this as a fan of both.
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2021, 04:09:56 AM »

What in the fuck are you talking about? They're completely different and I say this as a fan of both.

How are they 'completely' different exactly?
What

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2021, 04:42:50 AM »
The tone of the games are polar opposites for one
itm

Svejk

« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2021, 07:21:12 AM »
So what is the deal with SR2 PC port?  Seems everything I read, it's mostly just glitchy?  What was that big patch suppose to do?  Like, remaster it is ways, or just iron it out some?
Is it playable now with current mods? I don't see any mods on nexus.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2021, 07:25:33 AM »
So what is the deal with SR2 PC port?  Seems everything I read, it's mostly just glitchy?  What was that big patch suppose to do?  Like, remaster it is ways, or just iron it out some?

IIRC the original release was unplayable due to the amount of glitches and crashes.  I don't know if an updated version of the mod was ever released past 1.9.2 from some years back- https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/gentlemen-of-the-row.24/ 

I ended up getting a copy of the game for PS3, to play again, instead of messing with the PC version.  The 360 version also had exclusive DLC that also contained some epilogue missions/story.  Nothing you can't Youtube though.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2021, 07:31:01 AM »
Just checked and Volition and Deep Silver are supposed to be finishing Gentlemen Of The Row at some point.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2021, 07:32:57 AM »
Best track in SR3..

:playa :ohyeah :mynicca

Funny thing about this song, I somehow completely missed it back then (not sure how that happened ???), and heard it first in the row..  absolutely fell for that game like no other.  Now whenever I hear this, it reminds me of all the fun I had in SR3...
I totally regret not saving the multitude of screenshots I uploaded to the official site.  They just shut it down without warning and lost all of them.  :noah

Himu

« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2021, 08:25:54 AM »
Just checked and Volition and Deep Silver are supposed to be finishing Gentlemen Of The Row at some point.

I literally mentioned that last page re: idolninja. Volition have two people finishing a patch.

Short version: SR2 pc was unplayable with horrific frame rate and lag and other bugs. SR2 is a modern classic, to preserve it, Idolninja made a mod to fix the pc versions performance while adding new QOL features (some that were added to SR3).
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2021, 08:29:32 AM »

Is it really tho?

Sr1 is a bit more self serious yea but..
What

Himu

« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2021, 08:32:37 AM »

How are they 'completely' different exactly?

For one the main character talks.

Second, SR2 has a distinct tone difference due to the fact the main character talks.

Three, SR1 is a strict GTA clone. SR2 is more of its own thing with its own direction.

Four, SR2 has way more content and mission variety.

This cannot be disputed. Saying "if you didn't like SR1 you wouldn't like SR2" is bananas and completely out of pocket in the place we call reality.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2021, 08:40:23 AM »

Is it really tho?

Sr1 is a bit more self serious yea but..

"Sr1 is a bit more self serious..."

versus

and

SR2 is basically like SR1's seriousness and SR3's wackiness had a baby. It's best of both worlds.
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2021, 09:09:14 AM »
Sr2 was indeed the best but it still had some stuff from sr1 that I missed
What

Tasty

« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2021, 10:04:47 AM »
We only need a couple more Saints Row games for this discussion to become Final Fantasy-tier

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2021, 01:03:57 PM »
The version of the game on GOG (currently 75% off, $2.49) should run fine on modern PC's. I don't know if the Steam version is as cleaned up but it's worth a try if you already have it.

The original PC port was farmed out to a company which eventually farmed it out to an arm of CD Projekt with a very small timeline so it was very hit or miss at release. It got patched once in a way that actually made it stutter more. GOG has since tweaked it further though. (And computer technology has advanced as to simply power past lots of the original issues.) As mentioned, the Gentleman of the Row mod patches it up further and adds content. Volition is updating Gentleman of the Row as a formal patch for the game but there is no timetable on the release, it was one of Idolninja's wishes that they complete it and they agreed to it in honor of him. The code for the port was thought lost for a number of years but Volition was able to get ahold of it thanks to GOG/CDPR.

I personally recommend the GOG version if you don't have it, especially with it on sale. Great version of a great game that runs just fine for me.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2021, 04:18:10 PM »
The code for the port was thought lost for a number of years but Volition was able to get ahold of it thanks to GOG/CDPR.

Wow, big surprise that CDPR kept around this old transphobic game that no one else did.
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2021, 04:26:04 PM »
The version of the game on GOG (currently 75% off, $2.49) should run fine on modern PC's. I don't know if the Steam version is as cleaned up but it's worth a try if you already have it.

The original PC port was farmed out to a company which eventually farmed it out to an arm of CD Projekt with a very small timeline so it was very hit or miss at release. It got patched once in a way that actually made it stutter more. GOG has since tweaked it further though. (And computer technology has advanced as to simply power past lots of the original issues.) As mentioned, the Gentleman of the Row mod patches it up further and adds content. Volition is updating Gentleman of the Row as a formal patch for the game but there is no timetable on the release, it was one of Idolninja's wishes that they complete it and they agreed to it in honor of him. The code for the port was thought lost for a number of years but Volition was able to get ahold of it thanks to GOG/CDPR.

I personally recommend the GOG version if you don't have it, especially with it on sale. Great version of a great game that runs just fine for me.
Aw snap...  Bought

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2021, 09:26:54 PM »

:anhuld
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2021, 11:58:44 AM »
the reaction to this reboot is precisely why I wrote what I wrote about gamers in the other thread.

"there's an MBA in the Saints!!" :maf

They bitched, about a franchise where one of your main goals is to make your gang mainstream even to the point of going to space. An MBA in the Saints, is honestly, par for the course.

Saints Row the Third: you play as basically movie stars that are gangsters. All of this ignores the fact that college students that need to become gangsters to pay off student loans is, in essence, pretty fucking hilarious.

Gamers are shit and always without fail ruin games.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 12:10:52 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2021, 12:14:04 PM »
More like Saints Row the Turd. I imagine the vocal minority you're seeing are the ones that think Saints Row 2 was the best and SR3 kinda ruined the franchise.

Wouldn't your conniptions over Final Fantasy put you straight into "Gamers are shit" category as well.

Himu

« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2021, 12:21:20 PM »
More like Saints Row the Turd. I imagine the vocal minority you're seeing are the ones that think Saints Row 2 was the best and SR3 kinda ruined the franchise.

Wouldn't your conniptions over Final Fantasy put you straight into "Gamers are shit" category as well.

When I disagree with games I tend to take a measured stance and make criticisms between different lines than "SAINTS ROW IS NOW WOKE!!!!"

Final Fantasy morphing into an action rpg franchise is a legitimate criticism. "SAINTS ROW IS WOKE!!!!" though? I think SMTV looks like utter shit. You don't see me making 30 minute long rant videos about how it looks like shit. Feels like once gamers latch onto something they just bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch about it very similarly to how they did when RE5 didn't have walk and shoot. Gamers will try to overwhelm the developer with group think with a constant stream targeting them. "SAINTS ROW IS DEAD!!!"

I'm sorry that my gamers are shit commentary offends you.

Also, vocal minority? In what world? Look at Volitions twitter and the dislike count in any video for the reboot.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 12:27:11 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2021, 12:48:05 PM »
Also, I'm fine with people not liking things. I express what the fuck I want to express as an individual. Say whatever you want. I sure do.

I said this very thread I hated Saints Row IV. But I did not get a group and beat down on Volition, stage dislike brigades. I just moved on and didn't even buy Gat Out of Hell.

You're confusing me taking issue with individual criticism. That's not an issue. We all have a right to our feelings. The problem is gamers as a group and how they act when something offends them as they wallow in group think. Look at how gamers, as a group, are acting towards the reboot and you'll see why I can't stand gamers.

It's really no different than when gamers were crying about you couldn't walk and shoot in RE5 just because they played Dead Space.
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2021, 01:18:18 PM »
How is people getting fed up with modern progressive thinking not legit criticism? Everything about what they've shown makes me think they'll beat me over the head with their lukewarm "progressive" takes.

Then it gets even better when they have to undercut serious bits with your MCU brand smarmy "humour" cause they're afraid to show heart.

The way they talk about these characters we're supposed to invite in our living room doesn't inspire any faith in them either. "Kevin is shirtless, we don't know why."  Wow, LOL so RANDOM! Fucking hell, give us something to hold on to... Sounds like they literally picked these characters from some pre-approved character sheets.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2021, 02:02:35 PM »
I agree with HCRetro.

The only thing i'll say, is that sometimes, when a new entry of a franchise gets announced, the previous ones tend to go through a revisionist filter.
"Everybody" (as in, loud minority) complained about how boring GTA4 was, that cars were boats on wheels, and bowling and where's the fun stuff, etc.
GTAV comes out, and now you have a bunch of people complaining that it's too zany, where's the physics, where's the serious story and so on.

So i figured now Saint's Row 3 and 4 are being hailed more than they were, just because this new game has been announced and doesn't look too hot.
Doesn't dispel any criticism this new one's got coming to it, tho.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2021, 02:13:00 PM »
Saints Row the Third: you play as basically movie stars that are gangsters. All of this ignores the fact that college students that need to become gangsters to pay off student loans is, in essence, pretty fucking hilarious.

I mean... the glamorisation of 'gangster culture' across various media making hardened criminals into entertainment figures with a fanbase defending anything they do is a pretty sharp satirical starting point.

"Paying off my Business School loans by stealing rocket launchers" is uhhhhh.... less so.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2021, 02:47:39 PM »
How is people getting fed up with modern progressive thinking not legit criticism? Everything about what they've shown makes me think they'll beat me over the head with their lukewarm "progressive" takes.

Because Saint's Row has always punched up and made fun of whatever's trending when it came out. The lieutenants very much look like a tongue in cheek handling of wokeness and millennials to me... like, has SR ever played anything straight?

Not to mention outside of twitter "wokeness" isn't even a thing, and anyone who claims it is invariably turns out to either have fallen for right wing propaganda or have been told at some point in their life not to say the n word

yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2021, 02:48:29 PM »
Like seriously guys, are you worried that you're going to have to play through sensitivity training before a mission or some shit? gtfo

I agree with Cindy, gamers should be collectively thrown into the sea
yar

thetylerrob

« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2021, 03:00:06 PM »
lol yeah, it's definitely a parody of focus-tested modern gaming trends and all the humor is just being kept under wraps to own the hater gamers out there.
This forum needs a copium emote asap.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2021, 03:03:30 PM »
Previous Saints Row games were tonally similar to Archer - this one looks tonally similar to New Girl.

Both shows might be fine sitcoms, but if you like Archer, New Girl doesn't scratch the same itch.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2021, 03:28:31 PM »
Not to mention outside of twitter "wokeness" isn't even a thing, and anyone who claims it is invariably turns out to either have fallen for right wing propaganda or have been told at some point in their life not to say the n word

Is this comment supposed to be satire? If you think the only people getting annoyed by having to walk on eggshells with every fucking topic is somehow a closet racist might I suggest you're the one that has fallen for modern bullshit. But don't worry, the people on your side are the good ones. That is what's important.

Cancel culture totally isn't a thing either. And it certainly hasn't sprung forth from modern puritanical ideals.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2021, 03:31:56 PM »
Previous Saints Row games were tonally similar to Archer - this one looks tonally similar to New Girl.

Both shows might be fine sitcoms, but if you like Archer, New Girl doesn't scratch the same itch.

I like (the good seasons of) both shows  :ufup
Margs

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2021, 03:38:12 PM »
The dregs of this shitty forum, 14 years on, have finely broken me. Later y'all, you all suck and have shitty taste.
yar

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2021, 03:42:47 PM »
I like (the good seasons of) both shows  :ufup

I'm not ruling out the possibility Saints Rowboot might still be a good game :idont

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2021, 03:47:59 PM »
The dregs of this shitty forum, 14 years on, have finely broken me. Later y'all, you all suck and have shitty taste.

If you're going back to the discord to lick each other's asses some more you'll be the one with the shitty taste.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2021, 05:36:33 PM »
I'm not worried about "wokeness" in itself, i'm about the shitty humor always associated with it.
Saint's Row was already not exactly bright with its humor, a lot of it came from slapstick or pop culture references (especially in 3 and 4), this seems like it's getting worse, going for that cowardly, ironic, self-righteous smugness that's gotten popular in the last 10 or so years, where the protagonist, as the audience's avatar, can't be the butt of the joke.

The worry isn't about some great political statement being too provocative, just about lame, unfunny humor.
Jerry Seinfeld is funny BECAUSE he's a piece of shit self absorbed cunt, Frank Drebin is funny BECAUSE he's a horrible cop who like to shoot people.
So when they come out of the gate claiming how well meaning our crew is, that's not a good sign in my book, especially for a series known for its low brow humor.

But hey, anything is possible.

Like seriously guys, are you worried that you're going to have to play through sensitivity training before a mission or some shit? gtfo

I agree with Cindy, gamers should be collectively thrown into the sea
Also stop with this holier than thou bullshit, like those anime fans pretending to be better than the rest of the fanbase.
You're still all watching cartoons and playing videogames, bud.  :lol

Himu

« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2021, 09:50:18 PM »
It's less holier than thou and more "God these people share this hobby with me and I fucking hate them, what does this say about me as an individual?"
IYKYK

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2021, 10:55:16 PM »
Easy skip for me unless the gameplay happens to be miraculous. Not at all interested in playing the CW Saints.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2021, 12:19:25 AM »
I have a very deep and dark secret.

Are you ready?

Some people here enjoyed GTAIV and Saints Row 2

Here's another secret, a juicy one

Videogames usually have shitty humor, this new Saints Row looks like it has really shitty humor. The game could be great to play still, and that matters the most.

Here's the darkest one yet
Posting on a videogame forum is less about taste, and what you enjoy, versus discussions or conversations about games. No one gives a flying fuck about taste, you're in a social environment where relative strangers exist, not a personalized party where everyone enjoys the same shit.
OH!

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2021, 03:01:43 AM »
The only way Volition can restore their honour is to include a large purple dildo in the collectors edition.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2021, 05:02:01 AM »
It's less holier than thou and more "God these people share this hobby with me and I fucking hate them, what does this say about me as an individual?"

Nothing.

If i'd let my self be defined by most fanbases at large, I'd have no hobbies. I'd have no political leanings either since most socialists/communists online seem like total insufferable cunts as well.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2021, 06:10:45 AM »

:lol :lol :lol :lol
What

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2021, 06:15:10 AM »
this thread is a facebook wall.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2021, 06:21:24 AM »

As much as the killers who collect stamps, if you collect stamps, why the fuck would you care what some other idiot says or thinks? Or does.
What

Tasty

« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2021, 07:23:16 AM »

:( Will miss ya, honestly.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2021, 09:57:00 AM »
Like seriously guys, are you worried that you're going to have to play through sensitivity training before a mission or some shit?
Actually... :ohhh

Himu

« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2021, 10:27:35 AM »
I have a very deep and dark secret.

Are you ready?

Some people here enjoyed GTAIV and Saints Row 2

Here's another secret, a juicy one

Videogames usually have shitty humor, this new Saints Row looks like it has really shitty humor. The game could be great to play still, and that matters the most.

Here's the darkest one yet
Posting on a videogame forum is less about taste, and what you enjoy, versus discussions or conversations about games. No one gives a flying fuck about taste, you're in a social environment where relative strangers exist, not a personalized party where everyone enjoys the same shit.

I like both. Just because I say SR1 is better than GTAIV (it is imo) doesn't mean I said GTAIV is entirely bad.
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2021, 10:38:46 AM »
I think GTAIV was the right direction to go in for the franchise, even if it was flawed in many ways, some that GTAV did fix.
Thankfully R* resumed that direction with RDR2, which is also their best game yet.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #170 on: September 03, 2021, 11:03:19 AM »
hello niko its your cousin ;)
(ice)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2021, 11:19:37 AM »
hello niko its your cousin ;)

Big American Titties  :freeze
Margs

Himu

« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2021, 03:50:19 PM »
I think GTAIV was the right direction to go in for the franchise, even if it was flawed in many ways, some that GTAV did fix.
Thankfully R* resumed that direction with RDR2, which is also their best game yet.

The beginning of GTAIV is very, very good shit. The problem with IV is a lack of content compared to past games. The car physics, early game writing;etc. are really great.

Another flaw with IV is that it doesn't have the same loop as GTAIII trilogy so there's less reason to explore since there's no rewards. Good to great game though. Just with a lot of bruises.

I've never played RDR2 so that praise piques my interest.
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #173 on: September 03, 2021, 04:40:31 PM »
RDR2 veers closer to the simulation style that GTAIV had going for it. It makes for the most interesting open world they ever had since it heavily expands on the simulation aspects of the first game. Engaging with the hunting and fishing minigames actually does lead to rewards. Either new clothes or items that enhance the gameplay in certain ways. Interacting with the flora and fauna also prompts the main character to make little sketches of them in his notebook. Kind of making for a cute little diary of what you've done and where you've been in the game.

I also really enjoyed the treasure maps as it shows off how well they designed the world. It'll show like a little charcoal panoramic shot where X marks the spot and if you paid attention to your surroundings while playing the game, the landmarks are good enough that you should be able to figure out where they're located.

Then there's also a bunch of collectibles to find. Some feeding into sidequests, others just to make some bucks.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2021, 05:29:02 PM »
What i liked about RDR2, compared to their other "serious tone" entries, like GTA IV and RDR1, is that it kept the critical path relatively consistent in tone, and relegated the more absurd characters to secondary quests or random encounters (again, for the most part).
So it was easier to put together a story with a modicum of gravitas.

Also the main plot landed itself a bit better to the idea of "wasting time" between missions, compared to something like RDR1.

Himu

« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2021, 06:44:45 PM »
How's the loop?

One of the best things about GTAIII and VC were unlocks. The loop was start on an island, then you collect hidden tapes or whatever and then unlock new stuff like free weapons at your hideout. This gives you even more reason to explore. Then you unlock new island and get access to new hidden stuff to unlock even more. It's an addictive formula for me that GTAIV toned down because pigeons don't have a reward every 10 pigeons or so like with hidden tapes. It breaks the formula for me and it's one of many GTAIV's flaws.

I like the simulation tone but it has to be tip top and GTAIV, while a worthwhile experiment, didn't full fulfill the metric. That said RDR1 succeeded where IV didn't.
IYKYK

Kurt Russell

« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2021, 09:15:49 PM »
poop
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 05:56:47 AM by Kurt Russell »
woke

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2021, 03:15:31 AM »
How's the loop?
The campaign moves you (every X missions) from one "camp" to another, basically around the map, for story reasons.
When you're in a camp you're still free to explore the whole map (more or less) but you tend to stick around and do the activities around your area.

I'd say compared to other R* titles, activities are a bit more integrated into the world, similar to how random encounters in GTAV worked, but more organically implemented.
The pace is slow though, and that's just something you either accept or drop the game over.
I love the slow pace, i love to soak in environments in open world games, walk around etc, so that was gravy for me.
For example when you enter a house to loot it of resources, Arthur literally hand picks cans of beans and tobacco boxes with an animation, if this drives you crazy i can understand ending up hating the game.

My only real issue (aside from the main missions still feeling too tightly scripted) is that the aim/shooting still doesn't feel good, at least with a controller, despite being an improvement from GTAV, and despite the setting being a bit more forgiving (guns were shit back then after all).
I would've actually liked for them to slow down the game even further, just be done with the enemy waves entirely, and increase the survival elements, but i understand they still wanted this to be a mass appeal game.

Also Arthur is the best character they've ever written in my opinion.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2021, 04:52:40 AM »
Rdr2 is the game of the decade. But put the controls on fos standard and youll br fine
What

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #179 on: September 04, 2021, 03:44:59 PM »
How's the loop?

One of the best things about GTAIII and VC were unlocks. The loop was start on an island, then you collect hidden tapes or whatever and then unlock new stuff like free weapons at your hideout. This gives you even more reason to explore. Then you unlock new island and get access to new hidden stuff to unlock even more. It's an addictive formula for me that GTAIV toned down because pigeons don't have a reward every 10 pigeons or so like with hidden tapes. It breaks the formula for me and it's one of many GTAIV's flaws.

I like the simulation tone but it has to be tip top and GTAIV, while a worthwhile experiment, didn't full fulfill the metric. That said RDR1 succeeded where IV didn't.

I think it had much fewer interiors too, like massively walking back the intricacy of san andreas

to the point of not even having fucking garages where you could cram whatever you could fit in there, instead you get shitty outdoor parking spaces that were sometimes vaguely possible to store 2 vehicles there, often it'd glitch out and you'd lose something
Uncle