Author Topic: Saints Row reboot :|  (Read 39911 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: SAINTS FUCKING ROW
« Reply #360 on: August 12, 2022, 11:51:02 AM »
I hope its good cos I could do with a new open world crime game, but from what I've seen so far I'll be waiting for reviews/impressions.
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #361 on: August 12, 2022, 12:09:05 PM »
Wish they'd give us info on the review embargo.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #362 on: August 12, 2022, 12:11:13 PM »
lol I wouldn't be surprised if they wasn't sending out review copies.
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #363 on: August 12, 2022, 12:20:31 PM »
Svejk, go check out videos of Agents Of Mayhem and see how you feel about post-SR4 Volition.

...Which might be a bad sign.  :-\
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #364 on: August 12, 2022, 12:38:19 PM »
Svejk, go check out videos of Agents Of Mayhem and see how you feel about post-SR4 Volition.
Eh, I think they were definitely trying something else in terms of team battle crap that they could eventually monetize on, but it obviously wasn't what people wanted from them and failed, so it sounds like, so far, they got that from fans and are really trying to win them back.   So much so, that they had that one guy (that passed away unfortunately) that was working on an official SR2 patch, and are supposedly still working on picking up after him... Of course, it's all hands on deck on the reboot right now.    Who knows, this could be as good a reboot as Tomb Raider was, on a smaller scale of course.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #365 on: August 12, 2022, 02:29:40 PM »

...Which might be a bad sign.  :-\

I've got no info on the matter but was under the vague impresssion that mid tier pubs like thq or whoever the fuck is putting this out don't bother sending out review codes these days
(ice)

paprikastaude

« Reply #366 on: August 13, 2022, 01:07:19 AM »

No, I got one - even for a site with basically no reach.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 01:47:21 AM by paprikastaude »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #367 on: August 13, 2022, 05:55:10 AM »

Is it any good?
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #368 on: August 13, 2022, 10:10:13 AM »

So I was talking rubbish then :doge

(ice)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #369 on: August 13, 2022, 10:33:08 AM »

So I was talking rubbish then :doge

I still believe in your lived experience, it was true for you and that's what really should matter.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #370 on: August 15, 2022, 01:46:57 PM »
I really want this to be good. I wouldn’t even mind if it was a throwback all the way to the first game, or stores have daytime business hours, but you can visit them at night and rob their safe. Hell, I even liked the drive-through church that would have your sins forgiven instead of a “pay and spray“ like GTA. Same function, different humor.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #371 on: August 16, 2022, 10:12:11 AM »
Drops in exactly a week from today. :o
Hi

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #372 on: August 16, 2022, 10:54:39 AM »

Is it any good?

The embargo is like 24 hours before release.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #373 on: August 16, 2022, 11:49:56 AM »
Predicting 7's to low 80
What

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #374 on: August 16, 2022, 07:22:57 PM »
80 from journalists, 60 from general audience
Uncle

Svejk

« Reply #375 on: August 17, 2022, 08:05:42 PM »
What's sad is that the journos are gonna give TLOU Remake Remaster a higher score than this.  :doge

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #376 on: August 18, 2022, 02:15:35 AM »
Well thats a better game so...
What

Svejk

« Reply #377 on: August 18, 2022, 12:25:12 PM »
Well thats a better game so...

seriously though, at this point, who hasn't played the game already?  It's the most pointless remaster yet.  I usually give Sony more credit than they deserve, but this "Remake" is a complete waste of time, money, and effort.  This isn't even arrogant soyny, this is straight up dumbshit soyny.  The reach-around for Druckman is fucking disgusting.  3 versions of TLOU, but nothing on Bloodborne yet?  This is a straight up Nintendo style dicking procedure.  (Let's dump 500 ass-tier looking pokemans on the smitch and just have 1 exclusive Zelda.)

Back to SR though, as much as I’d like to believe they delayed it due to Elden Ring and Horizon’s release window, it was a smart move.   I think the timing of the release, besides the above mentioned, couldn’t come at a better time.  Not only in gaming release schedules and the time between GTA 5 and 6 being so vast, this game may hit on some really fun chords for people in this particular day and age.   

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #378 on: August 18, 2022, 02:49:09 PM »
I haven't played it and have no desire to

Uncle

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #379 on: August 18, 2022, 02:58:50 PM »
I haven't played it and have no desire to

(Image removed from quote.)

TLOU? I tried on PS3, again on PS4, and briefly considered trying again on PS5 but remembered how much I just got annoyed by shit in it. I'm happy to never revisit it.

Saints Row, OTOH, I'm mainly curious how they're going to rein it back in after where the series went. I'm ready for a more standard run-and-gun OWG now.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #380 on: August 20, 2022, 02:00:33 PM »
Watching a stream right now. Guy tried to rob a store. Store owner is immortal and doesn't react to getting shot at.

Good stuff.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #381 on: August 20, 2022, 03:01:41 PM »
ehhh tbf, even the biggest budget open world games have janky shit like that :elon
(ice)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #382 on: August 20, 2022, 03:11:07 PM »
It seemed more like you can't rob a store. The streamer pulled up to a second store, shot a rocket launcher at the owner and nothing happened.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #383 on: August 20, 2022, 05:35:45 PM »
That's because you have to pay with crypto so there's nothing to rob boomer  :like
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #384 on: August 21, 2022, 02:51:57 AM »

:cry rip robbing stores
What

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #385 on: August 21, 2022, 05:53:41 AM »
I figure on pc people will mod 'jim robs' and all the other watered down stuff back to its original form in time, but putting robberies back in would be a different more complicated thing.
Hi

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #386 on: August 21, 2022, 03:12:45 PM »
I figure on pc people will mod 'jim robs' and all the other watered down stuff back to its original form in time, but putting robberies back in would be a different more complicated thing.

I'm not sure such mods will be able to be hosted on major mod sites, nexus recently declared war on problematic mods that try to remove this sort of window dressing
Uncle

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #387 on: August 21, 2022, 03:42:24 PM »
Idk what nexus mods are like verall tbf, but there is a difference between getting rid of the gay pride flag and reinserting some juvenile names for shops.
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #388 on: August 21, 2022, 04:06:46 PM »
both involve reverting the game to a perceived state of the way such games were in yesteryears, and both involve removing "good" and instating "bad"
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #389 on: August 21, 2022, 05:38:41 PM »
I doubt that kind of stuff will be a problem.  I also doubt that there's going to be very much in the way of mods for this until it's out on Steam in a year or whenever it is...assuming the game is even good and anyone cares, that is.  :doge

I bit the bullet and pre-purchased it on Epic.  I'll take one for the team if it's shit.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #390 on: August 21, 2022, 06:05:55 PM »
I doubt that kind of stuff will be a problem.  I also doubt that there's going to be very much in the way of mods for this until it's out on Steam in a year or whenever it is...assuming the game is even good and anyone cares, that is.  :doge

I bit the bullet and pre-purchased it on Epic.  I'll take one for the team if it's shit.
Couldn't wait till tomorrow for some reviews at least?  :lol
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I probably will tomorrow too regardless  :doge
[close]

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #391 on: August 21, 2022, 06:42:29 PM »
both involve reverting the game to a perceived state of the way such games were in yesteryears, and both involve removing "good" and instating "bad"

Nah mate I can't see someone modding back in lame joke names becoming the a part of the culture war tbh. Especially for a game that has a high potential of flopping anyway.
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #392 on: August 21, 2022, 09:40:53 PM »

Couldn't wait till tomorrow for some reviews at least?  :lol
I probably will tomorrow too regardless  :doge
[close]

We got a bit of bonus cash and I decided to blow my share of it on this and Soul Hackers 2 pre-orders.  Otherwise wouldn't have bothered with the former at least.
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #393 on: August 22, 2022, 06:01:01 AM »

Even if the early reveal of Hipster Millenials as your squad hadn't had a large :-\ feedback, EGSclusivity hurts its initial success pretty badly.

Steam release day and date with Steam Workshop support could have made this huge as an easily moddable current gen sandbox, but obviously Epic wouldn't pay anything for that as the Steam version would be inherently superior. Even though Nexus mods hate steam workshop (as it means people don't go to nexus mods unless they only have a pirate copy) for an end user its huge, and keeps things relevant - see Xcoms longevity, or Skyrim prior to Bethesda killing steam workshop in favour of selling mods via the content creator club.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #394 on: August 22, 2022, 06:46:24 AM »
I have $70 of Steam credit waiting to be used from the motherboard I bought last year. I'd have pre-ordered this already if it was on Steam, but not spending more money I don't need to on this @ EGS unless it's even better than 2 or 3. Which I doubt will be the case. Fingers crossed bork

Someone posted this on Qt3 forums

People who got a copy going early on console are beginning to upload videos and stream this.

Yup. It’s a Saints Row game.
    It definitely looks last-gen.
    Verticality of the city is drastically reduced from previous titles.

:goty2

Watching now, looks about what I expected

https://www.twitch.tv/nilokuni

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 06:51:34 AM by pilonv1 »
itm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #395 on: August 22, 2022, 08:18:53 AM »
I have $70 of Steam credit waiting to be used from the motherboard I bought last year. I'd have pre-ordered this already if it was on Steam, but not spending more money I don't need to on this @ EGS unless it's even better than 2 or 3. Which I doubt will be the case. Fingers crossed bork

Someone posted this on Qt3 forums

People who got a copy going early on console are beginning to upload videos and stream this.

Yup. It’s a Saints Row game.
    It definitely looks last-gen.
    Verticality of the city is drastically reduced from previous titles.

:goty2

Watching now, looks about what I expected

https://www.twitch.tv/nilokuni

Eh, if nothing else I'll have some 'fun' with seeing if the game works on the Steam Deck. That's something I guess. :dizzy
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #396 on: August 22, 2022, 10:06:00 AM »
Spill the beans, SpielerEins!

Opencritic has it at 65/100 at the moment.

Svejk

« Reply #397 on: August 22, 2022, 10:06:35 AM »
Reviews are all over the place  :lol :doge

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #398 on: August 22, 2022, 10:11:24 AM »

Lulz
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #399 on: August 22, 2022, 10:12:32 AM »
IGN gave it a 6 :goldberg
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #400 on: August 22, 2022, 10:16:21 AM »
Soooo many journos seem to say that alot of the poor scoring parts are because of bugs...  Is there a confirmed Day 1 patch or anything?

And for the love of pete... is there jiggle of ANY sort for a females character?!?!?!?

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #401 on: August 22, 2022, 10:19:10 AM »
Stone tiddys :stahp
(ice)

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #402 on: August 22, 2022, 10:21:23 AM »
The dregs of this shitty forum, 14 years on, have finely broken me. Later y'all, you all suck and have shitty taste.

:heh :heh :heh :heh :heh

I watched the preview linked on last page and I'm falling into my knees in ectasy. Finally grounded yet insane Row is back. This is very SR2 esque, where the characters have their own things and passions. A big problem with characterization started in 3 where it became far more Boss oriented and characters like Shaundi were kind of changed in a weird way or the enemy gangs are barely characterized. Again, flanderization.

This looks back to basics in a lot of ways with the gameplay of 3 and the story/tone of 2. Strap me in.

:sabu :sabu :sabu :sabu  :sabu

OH!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #403 on: August 22, 2022, 10:22:12 AM »
I watched the ending, I'm good

Soul Hackers and TMNT Collection for me
fat

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #404 on: August 22, 2022, 10:22:42 AM »
Go woke, go broke?  :elon

mormapope

« Reply #405 on: August 22, 2022, 10:30:30 AM »
Go woke, go broke?  :elon

Its not even that though. Saints Row was done with IV. Volition's games from that point on were all very mediocre or serviceable at best.

The hype for this was rooted in nostalgia for a series that got 4 good and often great games. Anyone with eyes could see this was gonna be a rough game.

And genuinely from my heart, himu and human Snorenado can suck on my chubby rocket for being such obnoxious, toxic as fuck posters regarding other people's tastes in videogames.
OH!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #406 on: August 22, 2022, 10:32:48 AM »
And for the love of pete... is there jiggle of ANY sort for a females character?!?!?!?

I WANT MY FUCKING MONEY BACK  :gun
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Svejk

« Reply #408 on: August 22, 2022, 10:36:20 AM »

I WANT MY FUCKING MONEY BACK  :gun
If there's no sexy walk and jiggle like in SR3&4, then I'm out.

Tycoon Padre

« Reply #409 on: August 22, 2022, 10:44:46 AM »
Check 10:09 in Skillup's review, big spoiler apparently but :dead

[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #410 on: August 22, 2022, 10:55:02 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Lulz
So I see the marching orders have gone out to all the toxic shitheads to deliberately score this down because it doesn't star a straight cis white male. What's the score if you only look at educated and qualified actually diverse reviewers?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #411 on: August 22, 2022, 11:06:31 AM »
Hilarious to see some reee posters going "yeah im dissapointed now that the go woke go broke crowd is proven right"

Absolute idiots. It has nothing to do with woke. Just horrible character design. Nobody wants a indie hipster gang.
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #412 on: August 22, 2022, 11:07:41 AM »
Most people also want a functioning game.

Six month delay well spent.

mormapope

« Reply #413 on: August 22, 2022, 11:17:11 AM »
Hilarious to see some reee posters going "yeah im dissapointed now that the go woke go broke crowd is proven right"

Absolute idiots. It has nothing to do with woke. Just horrible character design. Nobody wants a indie hipster gang.

This is why GTA Vice City is probably my favorite GTA. The story is incredibly simple, build an empire by being a violent sociopath. All the characters are scheming, slimy, and impulsive.

Yakuza as a franchise also benefits from having really ruthless and intimidating characters.

College students wanting to fulfill their dreams, and starting a life of organized crime to do that, is fucking stupid.

Young people that are high-school drop outs, kids that didn't fit in, young adults that see normal life as too boring, so they decide to feed their impulses or try to feel alive? That's captivating.

College kids with majors? Dumb. Very dumb.

OH!

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #414 on: August 22, 2022, 11:27:57 AM »
To support minorities, I will pick this up for $10 on Black (oof) Friday.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #415 on: August 22, 2022, 11:43:30 AM »
To support minorities, I will pick this up for $10 on Black (oof) Friday.
With the $15 EGS coupon? Thank you, Joe, if only everyone cared like you do we might get somewhere in this country.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #416 on: August 22, 2022, 11:51:17 AM »

This is why GTA Vice City is probably my favorite GTA. The story is incredibly simple, build an empire by being a violent sociopath. All the characters are scheming, slimy, and impulsive.

Yakuza as a franchise also benefits from having really ruthless and intimidating characters.

College students wanting to fulfill their dreams, and starting a life of organized crime to do that, is fucking stupid.

Young people that are high-school drop outs, kids that didn't fit in, young adults that see normal life as too boring, so they decide to feed their impulses or try to feel alive? That's captivating.

College kids with majors? Dumb. Very dumb.

also by setting it in the 80s meant they could get a fucking banging soundtrack for relatively cheap

e: also, just staright up ripping off the iconic Scarface.

As opposed to a failed Netflix pitch about an aspiring EDM DJ, an aspiring cryptobro daytrader and an aspiring Social Media Influencer determined to live their best life... by becoming criminals! And the wacky hinjiks that follow!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 12:00:38 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #417 on: August 22, 2022, 12:06:26 PM »
Don't forgot about Kevin. He loves not wearing shirts.

In the final mission, the big bad makes him wear a shirt. Truly horrible. Truly shows you how bad the big bad really is.
[close]

paprikastaude

« Reply #418 on: August 22, 2022, 01:22:42 PM »
You played any Ubi game in the past years? Congrats, you already played SR. Is an absolute by the numbers product - with hipsters.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #419 on: August 22, 2022, 01:45:21 PM »
Check 10:09 in Skillup's review, big spoiler apparently but :dead

[close]

:titus
Margs