Author Topic: Saints Row reboot :|  (Read 38955 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Saints Row reboot :|
« Reply #540 on: September 18, 2022, 01:27:07 PM »
What I'm saying is, I don't need somebody telling me how bad this game is for 50 minutes when five will suffice. :doge

I did see some hilarious bugs lol
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #541 on: September 18, 2022, 01:33:28 PM »
Instead of watching a 50-minute review ( :mindblown), I watched a few minutes of a live stream of the Rerez guy playing it and shitting all over everything.  It looked even worse than I had seen in some other videos- at one point during a mission, he drives a vehicle to a spot on the map and enemies come driving in, get out, and...just basically stand there and let him shoot them all.  There was one enemy caught in a weird animation loop, attempting to draw their gun, and failing, over and over.   :lol

They've released a second hotfix and I'm still seeing that the game is broken.  I still can't believe this is how Saints Row is going out.
:tocry
It'll probably get a second wind with a patch and a price cut for the holiday season.
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #542 on: September 18, 2022, 02:06:52 PM »
Joe does put some efforts into his skits, and he's been a fan of the series since the first game. He even bought a purple dildo to review SR3. Its a pretty good review too but I didnt have anything to do on a sunday morning
On the other hand, he's Angry Joe, a well known inarticulate idiot whose only funny skit was demanding an Interview To The Death from Geoff Keighley at the VGA red carpet. No matter how many purple dildos he buys.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #543 on: September 18, 2022, 02:15:05 PM »
I've never watched any of his stuff, but he looks like an immature boob from his name and thumbnails :trumps
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #544 on: September 18, 2022, 02:35:02 PM »
By "skit" I meant he seriously went to the VGA and demanded Keighley accept his challenge and the Dorito Pope BTFO out of him then just left:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 02:42:57 PM by benjipwns »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #545 on: September 18, 2022, 02:38:51 PM »
We're all immature boobs anyway
What

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #546 on: September 18, 2022, 03:57:55 PM »
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #547 on: September 27, 2022, 07:47:15 PM »
Already 25% off on EGS:

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #548 on: September 27, 2022, 08:06:44 PM »
Already 25% off on EGS:
(Image removed from quote.)

When it's $20-$30, I'll think about it.  Maybe it will be somewhat fixed by then!
ど助平

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #549 on: September 28, 2022, 02:28:55 AM »
Tim Sweeney will make it free. Come on Tim.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #550 on: September 28, 2022, 04:04:45 AM »
I honestly don't even want it for free. It looks like a disgrace to the franchise.

It basically put the noose around the neck of one of my favourite franchises. After laughing at it for being right about it in the first place, I now just feel a profound sadness.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #551 on: September 28, 2022, 04:30:56 AM »
Already 25% off on EGS:
(Image removed from quote.)

When it's $20-$30, I'll think about it.  Maybe it will be somewhat fixed by then!

$20-30 and on Steam. I don't care about the EGS exclusivity but I've got credit I need to use.
itm

Svejk

« Reply #552 on: October 11, 2022, 11:59:23 AM »
Big November update incoming...
We are so excited that Saints Row is finally out and in your hands. More than a million players have taken Santo Ileso by storm, and begun to build their criminal empires as The Saints.

While we have been quietly working behind the scenes, everyone at Volition has been following your response to the game, and we want to thank you for your enthusiasm, support and feedback.

We are supporting Saints Row for the long-term, and while we'd have preferred to be talking about roadmaps and expansions, right now we feel the focus must be on telling you how we're going to improve the Saints Row experience for all players in 2022 and beyond.

BUGS & FIXES

We know there is still work to do to improve your experience in the game, and we are working hard on fixes to community-reported issues, and improvements based on your feedback. You can see some of the progress we've already made from recent hotfixes here. Make sure to bookmark this page and follow our social channels for the most up-to-date Saints information, and a peek at what we're working on.

But there's a lot more we want to do, and right now our development priority is delivering improvements over new features. In keeping with that, we're going to ship our first major update in late November to pack in as many improvements and fixes as we can.

This November update will feature over 200 bug fixes and stability upgrades, and it will have a particular focus on challenges, overall stability and co-op. We're especially aware of issues some players have been having with co-op and we're sorry these fixes have taken longer than expected while we apply and test them thoroughly. Separately, we know that the game doesn't always clearly explain how and when co-op is possible, so we are working on this too. In the meantime, please make sure you check the co-op guide for info on the best way to team-up and tear-up Santo Ileso with a friend!

QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES AND ONGOING IMPROVEMENTS

At the same time, this November update will mark the beginning of a series of quality of life changes and new features for the core game. This update will include many requested improvements including reducing repetition in some activities, making challenges more rewarding, improving vehicle management, a revamp of rumble and haptic features, and more.

But the quality of life improvements in this update are just the tip of the iceberg. These are wins we feel we can get to you quickly while we work on even bigger and better improvements based on your feedback.

We plan to update you more regularly soon on what changes we're making and when!

FOR 2022

While delivering new content has become less of a priority for now, we still have a few nice additions for players in 2022.
This week we release the first of a series of cosmetic packs – the Front to Back pack – to all players for FREE. If you own the game, all you have to do is go to your relevant platform store and download it.
Front to Back DLC

We'll be releasing more free cosmetic packs this year for all players, as well as several additional cosmetic packs that will be given to Expansion Pass owners at no extra cost. The Expansion Pass will also be made available to purchase later this month (remember: you already have the Expansion Pass if you own the Gold, Platinum or Notorious editions of Saints Row).
2023 AND BEYOND

As we said at the top of the blog, we plan on supporting Saints Row for the long-term. 2023 will be a hugely exciting year for Saints Row owners with a raft of content, including all-new story content (included in the Expansion Pass, but will also be available to buy separately) and free new gameplay experiences and areas of the city to explore.
All this will of course will land aside even bigger quality of life updates, more free packs and more stuff we're not quite ready to talk about yet. Please stay tuned for regular updates on our progress and letting you know what's new with Saints Row.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #553 on: October 11, 2022, 01:16:58 PM »
We are so excited that Saints Row is finally out and in your hands. More than a million players have taken Santo Ileso by storm, and begun to build their criminal empires as The Saints.

Given how PR works and the assumption if it was >1.5 million it would have been "almost 2 million", aren't those sales... kinda sorta really crappy for relatively high profile release, large marketing budget and known IP, and lack of much else in competition at the moment?

Svejk

« Reply #554 on: October 11, 2022, 01:33:23 PM »

Given how PR works and the assumption if it was >1.5 million it would have been "almost 2 million", aren't those sales... kinda sorta really crappy for relatively high profile release, large marketing budget and known IP, and lack of much else in competition at the moment?
Yeah, that number sounded a bit shoddy to me too.  Especially for being out for almost 2 months already.  I don't think a Steam release would've boosted sales too much further tbh.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #555 on: October 11, 2022, 03:32:22 PM »
Quote from: Volition
As we said at the top of the blog, we plan on supporting Saints Row for the long-term.

Yeah, sure.  Hey, how's that Saints Row 2 PC overhaul patch coming along?  :doge
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #556 on: October 14, 2022, 08:30:34 AM »
Technically they just say they’re planning to support it, it doesn’t mean they will actually do it. We all plan to do lots of things that never happen.

Also one million sales for a game of this size and type is fucking awful these days.
🍆🍆

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #557 on: October 14, 2022, 09:37:47 AM »
It is rotten for a game that was getting a strong marketing push.
(ice)

who is ted danson?

« Reply #558 on: October 14, 2022, 01:38:14 PM »
they will probably just release a couple of free outfits or dildo baseball bat skins over the next few months then call it a day
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Borealis

« Reply #559 on: October 23, 2022, 05:16:53 AM »
Quote from: Volition
As we said at the top of the blog, we plan on supporting Saints Row for the long-term.

Yeah, sure.  Hey, how's that Saints Row 2 PC overhaul patch coming along?  :doge

There's at least this from last month on the Steam forums:

Tuckers Law

« Reply #560 on: October 23, 2022, 09:46:56 PM »
 :comeon

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #561 on: November 01, 2022, 06:18:48 AM »
One of our toy/gamestores is getting rid of it's copies. 15 euros at Intertoys. Seems it's only an offline deal.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #562 on: November 02, 2022, 02:16:27 AM »
Saints Row 2 was fantastic once they fixed the netcode, on a game that was online-only co-op focused.

I am going to buy this whenever they get around to fixing the broken stuff. If it's cheaper by then, awesome.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #563 on: November 09, 2022, 06:32:21 PM »
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #564 on: November 10, 2022, 11:15:23 AM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
it will still suck
[close]
(ice)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #565 on: November 10, 2022, 07:39:29 PM »
it will still suck
[close]

:fbm

[close]

Borealis

« Reply #566 on: November 17, 2022, 06:12:41 AM »
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/volition-will-become-part-of-gearbox-after-disappointing-reception-to-saints-row/

Volition will soon become part of Gearbox following a disappointing reception to its Saints Row reboot, Embracer Group has announced.

In a statement released alongside its second quarter earnings results, Embracer CEO Lars Wingefors explained that Volition will be switching operative groups from Plaion (formerly Koch Media) to Gearbox Entertainment.

“The reception of Saints Row did not meet the full expectations and left the fanbase partially polarized,” he said.

“The game development studio, Volition, has been working hard to improve the player experience.”

Realistic status of the Saints Row 2 PC patch...

[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #567 on: November 17, 2022, 08:03:11 AM »
The big patch is up.  Checked Reddit, and unsurprisingly, there's still a crapload of problems that didn't get fixed.   :brain
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #568 on: November 17, 2022, 11:00:50 AM »
it will still suck
[close]

:smug

As an idiot who paid cash money for this turd, I wouldn't be upset if they cut bait after this, it will need a cyberpunk style year and halfs work to fix it and what is there isn't worth saving. Take the L, I already have :tocry
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #569 on: November 17, 2022, 10:42:00 PM »
This is all because you all didn't keep clapping and weren't clapping hard enough. Instead you all spent your time lamenting "woke" social studies warriors because a game dared enough to put a diverse cast facing real world problems front and center. And now instead of supporting their developers we have the fascist collaborators at Embracer Group throwing them under the bus for receiving hate from racists.

I guess we need to add Saints Row to the massive list of victims of Gamergate.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: Saints Row 2022 :|
« Reply #570 on: November 19, 2022, 01:04:47 PM »
Holy shit.... is Sonic Frontiers gonna beat out SR??  :ohhh

Eheheheheehe.

Saints Row (2022) got a 61 whereas Sonic Frontiers got a 72 on Metacritic. Amazing.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #571 on: November 20, 2022, 07:06:48 AM »
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/volition-will-become-part-of-gearbox-after-disappointing-reception-to-saints-row/

Volition will soon become part of Gearbox following a disappointing reception to its Saints Row reboot, Embracer Group has announced.

In a statement released alongside its second quarter earnings results, Embracer CEO Lars Wingefors explained that Volition will be switching operative groups from Plaion (formerly Koch Media) to Gearbox Entertainment.

“The reception of Saints Row did not meet the full expectations and left the fanbase partially polarized,” he said.

“The game development studio, Volition, has been working hard to improve the player experience.”

Realistic status of the Saints Row 2 PC patch...

[close]

A cynic might say The Borg Embracer Group picked up a once valuable IP fairly cheap, got all the currently available money from porting the existing work to every platform available, then threw a bare bones intern project together to test the waters for its ongoing viability, funded almost entirely by an EGSclusivity deal moneyhat, before deciding if it was worth keeping, or reselling for what they paid for it after its been milked dry.

:kermit

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #572 on: November 20, 2022, 08:41:43 AM »
Embracer is different from most other borgs.

They mostly let the studios to their own devices a bit like what Nintendo used to do in the N64 era with third party exclusives.
Overall they provide the financial stability a studio needs to bridge the gap from one game to the next and they share resources.

What a lot of these studios underestimate is how much talent they lost over the years. In most cases management thinks they can easily develop an open world game for example because they've done it before.
However they don't realize they've lost their most experienced developers (or promoted them to management roles) and the folks actually developing the game are mostly juniors working on their first large scale project.
Also there's a lot of artists out there but very few game designers. So they mostly stick to old formulas and ideas they can copy from previous work or other games.

It's very hard for studios to retain talent especially now that most developers want to WFH. You simply move to whatever pays more.
While before people were excited to work on Metroid they're now excited to get a $100k sign-on bonus to work on DLC for Fortnite.
🤴

Hamarr

« Reply #573 on: November 28, 2022, 10:05:18 PM »
Is this worth $35?  Or maybe $25 with MS funny money?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #574 on: November 29, 2022, 08:46:42 PM »
Is this worth $35?  Or maybe $25 with MS funny money?

No good sir. Its not worth 10$
What

benjipwns

« Reply #575 on: December 03, 2022, 04:02:40 AM »
PATCH FOR AN OLD SAINTS ROW INCOMING:

:teehee

Kurt Russell

« Reply #576 on: December 12, 2022, 07:04:29 AM »
The big patch is up.  Checked Reddit, and unsurprisingly, there's still a crapload of problems that didn't get fixed.   :brain

Did they patch in the dildo yet?
woke

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #578 on: December 15, 2022, 08:53:36 PM »
What's really weird is that the SR3 remaster was a shockingly high quality product that must have had time and money thrown at it.
(ice)

pilonv1

« Reply #579 on: December 16, 2022, 05:11:55 AM »
This should be one of the free EGS Xmas games`
itm

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #580 on: December 16, 2022, 06:03:44 AM »

What

benjipwns

« Reply #581 on: December 16, 2022, 12:24:52 PM »
I think Epic probably needs to make their money back on the exclusivity first.

pilonv1

« Reply #582 on: December 18, 2022, 05:01:50 AM »
I think Epic probably needs to make their money back on the exclusivity first.

They might need to but they're probably not going to
itm

Svejk

« Reply #583 on: December 21, 2022, 12:24:58 PM »
30 buck on PSN right now... guess it's still not worth it, huh...

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #584 on: December 21, 2022, 12:29:55 PM »
No.
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #585 on: December 22, 2022, 11:47:31 AM »
They would probably need to pay me before Id play this over other games

My time is valuable
What

pilonv1

« Reply #586 on: May 06, 2023, 08:42:40 AM »
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/saints-row-gets-a-combat-overhaul-next-week-alongside-map-expansion

Adding a new resort area and re-doing the combat. Still waiting for it to drop to free on EGS
itm

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #587 on: May 06, 2023, 09:45:21 AM »
Give me my Saints Row 2 patch you fucknuggets
What

who is ted danson?

« Reply #588 on: May 06, 2023, 10:31:01 AM »
forgot this existed  :lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #589 on: May 06, 2023, 02:53:27 PM »
AS ONE OF THE IDIOTS WHO BOUGHT IT: fair enough for sticking with it i suppose, but i bet its still pretty rotten.
(ice)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #590 on: May 07, 2023, 04:46:07 AM »
Enh, I'll happily pat $20, maybe $30 to see if it's good.

I paid full retail for Gotham Knights so I feel like Volition deserves some money.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #591 on: May 07, 2023, 07:08:33 AM »
 :dayum :cac :jeanluc
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #592 on: May 07, 2023, 09:16:46 AM »

I paid full retail for Gotham Knights so I feel like Volition deserves some money.

I saw recently that Gearbox is handling development now and has made a huge number of changes for the upcoming patch and DLC release.  I'm also stil interested in checking the game out and have been patiently waiting for a price drop.
ど助平

thetylerrob

« Reply #593 on: May 07, 2023, 01:33:42 PM »

I saw recently that Gearbox is handling development now and has made a huge number of changes for the upcoming patch and DLC release.  I'm also stil interested in checking the game out and have been patiently waiting for a price drop.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #594 on: May 07, 2023, 02:31:49 PM »
It has been so long that I forgot that Volition became a part of Gearbox following this game's disappointing release.  Still, has to be better for development, right...?
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #595 on: May 07, 2023, 03:02:22 PM »
Idk its not like Gearbox aren't unfamiliar with dropping a stinker or five themselves.
(ice)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #596 on: May 07, 2023, 05:30:07 PM »
It has been so long that I forgot that Volition became a part of Gearbox following this game's disappointing release.  Still, has to be better for development, right...?

I entirely missed that news, and now feel less hope.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #597 on: May 08, 2023, 08:23:12 AM »

I entirely missed that news, and now feel less hope.

I feel like it can only get better than it is now.

....I hope.  :(
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #598 on: May 08, 2023, 08:28:27 AM »
I have a lot of love for the old Saints Row franchise, but I don't quite understand you guys thinking this new one is even worth the time to play it. Let alone a monetary value.
What

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #599 on: May 08, 2023, 12:28:07 PM »
I have a lot of love for the old Saints Row franchise, but I don't quite understand you guys thinking this new one is even worth the time to play it. Let alone a monetary value.

Good old sunk cost fallacy. Was an explanation given about why they stopped after SR4? I thought it was pretty popular and sold well. It didn’t seem to need a reboot.
🍆🍆