Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1785031 times)

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #2940 on: October 13, 2021, 02:48:11 PM »
I would really appreciate if Era could put its minds together and come up with what we're supposed to use for gender-neutral pronouns at this point, since single-person 'they' is no longer gender-neutral and is now its own thing.

I'm not looking to antagonize people, but also in most of the cases where I use a pronoun I'm just trying to avoid saying a name over and over I don't actually give a shit about the gender component, so give me new words to use for "I respect your identity but do not care enough about you as an individual to commit it to my memory so here's the generic for-everyone bucket"

I don’t have friends who demand pronoun use

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #2941 on: October 13, 2021, 03:06:09 PM »
Hello non-binary entity of a non-specific gender that was spawned by a related entity with a cervix, how do you do?
🤴

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2942 on: October 13, 2021, 03:10:06 PM »
I would really appreciate if Era could put its minds together and come up with what we're supposed to use for gender-neutral pronouns at this point, since single-person 'they' is no longer gender-neutral and is now its own thing.

I'm not looking to antagonize people, but also in most of the cases where I use a pronoun I'm just trying to avoid saying a name over and over I don't actually give a shit about the gender component, so give me new words to use for "I respect your identity but do not care enough about you as an individual to commit it to my memory so here's the generic for-everyone bucket"

We need to drop gender as an identifier and use weight.

Bro = fatass
Dude = lardo
Man = Benji
:O

« Reply #2943 on: October 13, 2021, 03:10:48 PM »
It’s weird

Astro like folks say gender is a social construct

Yet , they keep it as a natural construct in spirit so that their pronoun can get validation

Also. If gender is a social construct, so is transsexualism , both of which are not natural or biological constructs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2944 on: October 13, 2021, 03:13:24 PM »
Well sure, it's not racist this time.

But what if it was racist? Then we could get mad! And if we could get mad then we may as well get mad now.

That fuckin' racist.
Well what if juicy smelliet was not lynched by white rednecks at 1am THIS TIME?
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2945 on: October 13, 2021, 03:15:32 PM »
They basically reduce people to a sack of meat with genitals and a personality disorder, leaving out all the interesting gender traits that one might find in men and women.

I always thought being transgender was about being born in the 'wrong body' i.e. a woman stuck in a mens body or vice versa.
But now there are more genders than Sonic has friends.
🤴

ShutUp

« Reply #2946 on: October 13, 2021, 03:16:31 PM »
The keyboard warriors need to just grow a thicker skin. Unless someone is clearly intending to be offensive just for the sake of it, stop assuming stuff like someone saying “hey dude” is anything more than them just saying hi. People generally have far too much other shit going on their lives to stop and suddenly say “hey lets fuck with this random person I am saying hi to as I pass them on the street and then I will never see them again”.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2947 on: October 13, 2021, 03:22:11 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2948 on: October 13, 2021, 03:30:06 PM »
Astro’s identity is that he is a pussy

Oh, right, and I'm supposed to believe that they didn't single handedly fight off a Nazi wielding a bike chain in a small English post office?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2949 on: October 13, 2021, 03:31:24 PM »

never user pronouns and only go by username.

That'll ruffle some feathers until it becomes "why can't you even use a pronoun for me!" type of twisted insult.

Nuitangg

« Reply #2950 on: October 13, 2021, 03:39:38 PM »
How long will it take Era to cancel RBG?  :lol

jorma

« Reply #2951 on: October 13, 2021, 03:40:43 PM »
The keyboard warriors need to just grow a thicker skin. Unless someone is clearly intending to be offensive just for the sake of it, stop assuming stuff like someone saying “hey dude” is anything more than them just saying hi. People generally have far too much other shit going on their lives to stop and suddenly say “hey lets fuck with this random person I am saying hi to as I pass them on the street and then I will never see them again”.

pretty sure that growing a thicker skin would be counter productive to his bpd score (bans per day), so that's never gonna happen  :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2952 on: October 13, 2021, 03:55:24 PM »
Maybe they could use an acronym for Fluid And Genderless and be.... Actually, nvm

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #2953 on: October 13, 2021, 04:02:03 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2955 on: October 13, 2021, 04:08:13 PM »
Did any communist party ever followed communism after taking power though?

Real communism has never been tried before :juche
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2957 on: October 13, 2021, 04:12:08 PM »
There is zero difference between forcing religion onto people and forcing pronouns/gender identity onto society

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2958 on: October 13, 2021, 04:17:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/multiple-dead-and-wounded-following-bow-attack-outside-oslo-norway.499464/#post-75169632

fucking despicable :(

what kind of a nutter picks up a goddamn bow and starts piercing random people with arrows... or does it even matter, maybe it was an incel, maybe an islamic extremist, maybe some covid truther, whatever the case there's absolutely zero sense in the actions. its just simply mad.

ugh, shit like this just freaks me out, because in 2017 a similar insane attack happened in my little city, on a street i used to live on, and walked 30min before the attack. i cant stop thinking how i could have been randomly brutally murdered :|

:dayum

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2959 on: October 13, 2021, 04:30:46 PM »
It’s weird

Yet , they keep it as a natural construct in spirit so that their pronoun can get validation

Also. If gender is a social construct, so is transsexualism , both of which are not natural or biological constructs

to say to yourself, I am a man, but I don't feel and act the way a man is supposed to, therefore I must be something else, are ironically normalizing the gender binary and societal constructs of what constitutes a man

rejecting gender starts from a narrow minded standpoint of assuming everyone has to behave a certain way

just be a man who plays with dolls and avoids conflict! it's fine, it's allowed! if you do that, it demonstrates to others that maleness is broader than what society has traditionally said, and helps others feel confident to call themselves men in spite of ______

if you say "in my heart I know I am a woman because I'm attracted to dresses and pretty pink decorations and want to dish about hot guys," that's offensively generalizing towards women, why can't you just be a man who does those things
:idont
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #2960 on: October 13, 2021, 04:47:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nets-say-that-kyrie-irving-will-not-play-or-practice-until-he-is-a-full-time-participant-meaning-he-has-to-be-vaccinated-put-him-on-blast.498858/#post-75096483

Quote from: Platocplx
Yep this is who he is that interview was very telling. typical Weird ass black folk who think everything a conspiracy its an absolute cancer in our community. And its killing us more and more, almost as bad as the rural white folks.

just had a friend of a mines cousin who died from covid. Only 37. And was unvaccinated. Fucking sick..

Quote from: Slayven
.  Bro you telling me, my mom always be asking me about the nut stuff. Thankly she hasn't gone done any holes, she was one of the first to line up for the vax because she worked in healthcare all her life.

I imagine you are not going to share this thought when the nex “why black folks don’t get vaccinated” thread comes.

Propagandhim

« Reply #2961 on: October 13, 2021, 04:47:44 PM »
edit: nvm nvm

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #2962 on: October 13, 2021, 04:58:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metroid-dread-ot-metroid-thread.496038/page-102#post-75077466
User Banned (3 days): Antagonizing other users; history of similar infractions
Quote from: LinkStrikesBack
Quote from: cdyhybrid
How the fuck am I supposed to beat the last boss when stringing three double jumps together is like winning the lottery?
Oh I see what this is, you're just quite bad at the game. Sorry, but this is one of the most sublimely controlling metroidvanias on the market and "stringing 3 double jumps" together is very easy.

The timing is you have to press the jump button again once Samus starts moving downwards, not before. Not once did I miss it during the entire game.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/metroid-dread-ot-metroid-thread.496038/page-103#post-75077763
Quote from: LinkStrikesBack
Quote from: cdyhybrid
Not all of us can be the god gamer like you, m8
And most human beings on realising something they're doing isn't working try doing it differently until it becomes possible. In fact, even like, mice generally get that process of learning, but good luck to you, stick it to the man.

:lol
OBE

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #2963 on: October 13, 2021, 05:34:48 PM »
They're turning on RBG:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2021-ot-3-rage-against-the-manchin.463401/page-194#post-75173592

A few posts later:
It’s almost like no one should be put on a pedestal and worshipped.
Also she should have stepped down while Obama was president but she seems like she was pretty fucking full of herself.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2964 on: October 13, 2021, 05:42:41 PM »
I'd like to see any one of these motherfuckers convert to using CMYK instead
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #2965 on: October 13, 2021, 05:52:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cinemassacre-avgn-james-rolfe-caught-plagiarizing-latest-review-up-was-an-accident.494865/page-4#post-75177693

I started giving James the sideye when he made a video specifically to state that he would not be watching the 2016 Ghostbusters film.   

Five fucking years

Quote from: jett
.  The most bizarre thing he has done.

You are such a fucking pussy ass bitch, Jett.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2966 on: October 13, 2021, 06:03:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-company-started-implementing-cameras-for-people-working-from-home.499404/

Time to find another job. That is unacceptable.

Fuck that, I'd quit. Shit management.

Yes, but I'd be asking my colleagues some serious questions too.

"Who are the cunts slacking off and fucking this up for the rest of us?"
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #2967 on: October 13, 2021, 06:05:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-company-started-implementing-cameras-for-people-working-from-home.499404/

Eh, my impression is that  this is not necessary the case and this is a problem entirely in management field.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2968 on: October 13, 2021, 06:14:15 PM »
I still havent watched the 2016 Ghostbusters movie, come at me
:O

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2969 on: October 13, 2021, 06:30:22 PM »
Imagine grave stomping Ruth and telling a woman what she should have done

Today of all days.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #2970 on: October 13, 2021, 06:39:16 PM »
Imagine grave stomping Ruth and telling a woman what she should have done

Today of all days.

It's mother's day (in Belarus) for crying out loud!

« Reply #2971 on: October 13, 2021, 06:39:54 PM »
It’s weird

to say to yourself, I am a man, but I don't feel and act the way a man is supposed to, therefore I must be something else, are ironically normalizing the gender binary and societal constructs of what constitutes a man

rejecting gender starts from a narrow minded standpoint of assuming everyone has to behave a certain way

just be a man who plays with dolls and avoids conflict! it's fine, it's allowed! if you do that, it demonstrates to others that maleness is broader than what society has traditionally said, and helps others feel confident to call themselves men in spite of ______

if you say "in my heart I know I am a woman because I'm attracted to dresses and pretty pink decorations and want to dish about hot guys," that's offensively generalizing towards women, why can't you just be a man who does those things
:idont

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2972 on: October 13, 2021, 06:46:17 PM »

Why do folks think we have all these shortages and delays.

People aren't doing as much work at home as they are doing in the office.
Most of them only think they are more productive.
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2973 on: October 13, 2021, 07:29:18 PM »
I wonder who on ResetEra will get an existential crisis when they realize we all evolved from monkeys.  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #2974 on: October 13, 2021, 07:30:09 PM »
Quote from: Slayven
.  Bro you telling me, my mom always be asking me about the nut stuff. Thankly she hasn't gone done any holes
:what

benjipwns

« Reply #2975 on: October 13, 2021, 07:39:58 PM »
Fun thread ahead:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-china-actually-still-follow-communism.499476/#post-75172362
Quote from: May
Not the good communism, which is why it's so funny to me when right wingers dunk on communism pointing at China etc. like.. no.. that's not what anyone wants.
Ah, uh, okay.

User Banned (duration pending review): justifying concentration camps and mass internment, account in junior phase
maybe economically, but I dont remember anything about being a dictator and creating a murderous regime from Marx's Manifesto
Lenin had the Cheka to exterminate fascist saboteurs. And likewise Stalin had to deal with sedition not from without, but from within. Which required a purge.
Had to deal with? Required purges? I don't know if we should be taking Stalin's justifications at face value.
People generally don't like a sharp change in direction, especially if their personal belongings and livelihood are in jeopardy (Read up on how the khulaks ate shit during the revolution along with the tsarists). Consider for a more modern comparison how the US has slightly less than half it's population vote for Trump, and how his followers go to extremes to disrupt the government he lost control of.
Ah, the good kind of communism.

Quote from: Deepwater
"They simply delude themselves into believing their current course is correct and on the right track."

Its shit like this, who made you king of the commies? Its theory, not a bible. States will adapt to their present reality, not whatever narrowly confined box in which global northerners on the internet put them in. Who cares if they're following communism? Heres the real question: are they improving material living conditions for the *entire* country. The answer is empirically, yes. Look at health outcomes, education outcomes, standard of living.

Communism is about improving material conditions for the people and the collective ownership of the means of production. There's no exam at the end. There aint no badge. Its about material realities.
Quote from: Matt
That’s not what you said, you said this improvement is happening for the entire country, and I don’t think the people in forced labor camps would agree.
Thats actually quite literally what I said, and I hope you enjoyed the engagement cause this the last time i'm replying to you. Gish gallop somewhere else
Could we not say the same about the U.S. from 1900 to 1960?
Sure, as a descendent of slaves I've got metrics for days. Ooh! I got a good one, lets talk about how black wealth has been decimated over the last 50 years or how segregation has actually gotten WORSE.
I miss samoyed.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #2976 on: October 13, 2021, 07:48:53 PM »
Sure, as a descendent of slaves I've got metrics for days. Ooh! I got a good one, lets talk about how black wealth has been decimated over the last 50 years or how segregation has actually gotten WORSE.

:gurl :comeon :foxx :flabbypd :dunno :cmonson :foodcourt

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #2977 on: October 13, 2021, 07:51:19 PM »

Well on the one hand, water fountains aren't separated by race anymore, but on the other hand, Smash Bros. has 89 characters and not one of them is unambiguously black.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2979 on: October 13, 2021, 09:35:39 PM »

Well on the one hand, water fountains aren't separated by race anymore, but on the other hand, Smash Bros. has 89 characters and not one of them is unambiguously black.

water fountains aren't separated by race anymore except for select ones in minority-friendly spaces on campus, for when those of Black descent just want a simple drink without having to fear running into yts
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2980 on: October 13, 2021, 09:39:00 PM »
Era: RBG is a racist bigot

https://www.resetera.com/threads/katie-couric-edited-out-controversial-comments-by-rbg-on-kneeling-protests-book.499590/

She's always been a racist. I don't have the cites on hand but she had some awful decisions on Affirmative Action, Death Penalty, etc.

Hermit

« Reply #2981 on: October 13, 2021, 11:03:16 PM »
These losers praised her for years and now that there's proof that she had questionable opinions, they're out for fucking blood. Fucking dummies.

Boredfrom

« Reply #2982 on: October 13, 2021, 11:15:14 PM »

I’m starting to think that some people legit believe this at RE given how dismissive they are of stuff like this:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-we-take-a-moment-and-appreciate-this-brief-moment-of-diversity-in-gaming.497187/

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2983 on: October 13, 2021, 11:18:36 PM »

Why do folks think we have all these shortages and delays.

People aren't doing as much work at home as they are doing in the office.
Most of them only think they are more productive.

Disagree with this - at least as far as anecdotal evidence goes (I work for a global company that you almost certainly have heard of), since we started working remotely people in my department have been a lot more productive, to the point where the company CEO even said how working from home has shown a big increase in productivity (though with some BS about losing "sense of community" so they could get everyone back in their flagship American headquarters building they spent mucho $$$ on).  Many of my coworkers will be responding to emails all throughout the evening, zoom meetings will constantly run past 5, deployments for customers will be expected of me off the normal 9-5 schedule... while on the days we have to commute (we now work a hybrid schedule, 2 days a week in office) everyone is out before 5:15. People have replaced that awful NY commute with spending more time working.

Also, speaking about my job, I saw in our latest management status one of our divisions is gonna trial something called Nintex (https://www.nintex.com/) for workflow automation. When I saw that I thought of you  :-*
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 11:24:19 PM by tiesto »
^_^

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2984 on: October 14, 2021, 12:38:43 AM »
User banned (1 month): Dismissive metacommentary over a sensitive topic

Weird how everyone agreed at the time that the interview Jim gave was good until now. Now its the guy is a PR nightmare.

And I’m not just talking about the ME comment

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot23-marvel-at-the-creative-bankruptcy.494016/page-87#post-75000306

Jansen

« Reply #2986 on: October 14, 2021, 01:44:00 AM »
Looks like era defeated the evil banbot. Amusingly the Twitter accounts tweets are now protected :rofl

https://twitter.com/ResetEraBanBot?t=34k10RGXY33W8-NGJd9XdQ&s=09
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 01:49:23 AM by Jansen »

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #2987 on: October 14, 2021, 01:48:45 AM »
Oh fuck cerium taking the bag of money and running
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 01:54:09 AM by DJ Bedroom »

FUME5

« Reply #2988 on: October 14, 2021, 01:53:49 AM »
Not much! It'll mainly just be someone else keeping the lights on. There will be no imposed changes to the rules or to the staff. Members will not have to change how they post. B-Dubs has agreed to stay on as general manager. At the staff's request, and with the new owners' permission, I will continue to make myself available as a consultant in case they ever believe I can be helpful.

bullshit ahahaha

Jansen

« Reply #2989 on: October 14, 2021, 01:55:19 AM »
Once Moba network realizes the amount of crazy they are dealing with hopefully they interfere with operations

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #2990 on: October 14, 2021, 02:01:02 AM »
The people who've been handling paid work, such as the tech team, will be making their own arrangements with MOBA Network to continue doing what they do. Moderators are still volunteers.

:teehee

ShutUp

« Reply #2991 on: October 14, 2021, 02:03:33 AM »
Cerium finally realized the Titanic is taking on too much water and is getting the fuck out of dodge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2992 on: October 14, 2021, 02:04:42 AM »
he's so much smarter than evilore  :lol

SmokyDave

« Reply #2993 on: October 14, 2021, 02:06:22 AM »
Nice timing, just after the sales people fucked off. Hope Nepenthe got a nice fruit basket out of it.

Edit: sold for 4.5 million dollars  :lol

Jansen

« Reply #2995 on: October 14, 2021, 02:08:34 AM »
The people who've been handling paid work, such as the tech team, will be making their own arrangements with MOBA Network to continue doing what they do. Moderators are still volunteers.

:teehee

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 02:12:57 AM by Jansen »

SmokyDave

« Reply #2996 on: October 14, 2021, 02:09:50 AM »
“ M.O.B.A. Network sees significant opportunities to increase advertising revenue through a higher share of direct sales, implementation of new ad formats, and a long-term product development strategy. M.O.B.A. Network, therefore, estimates that ResetEra.com can grow sales significantly in 2022 while maintaining an EBITDA margin.”

Aaaaaaaah hahahahahaha! Good luck with that.

ShutUp

« Reply #2997 on: October 14, 2021, 02:09:52 AM »
Holy shit.

Well done Cerium  :playa :success

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #2998 on: October 14, 2021, 02:09:53 AM »
I like how that gets dropped in the middle of the night for the majority of the userbase too :lol

ShutUp

« Reply #2999 on: October 14, 2021, 02:12:41 AM »
Yeah there are going to be some massive changes on that site if the new owners expect any kind of growth, let alone significant growth. No more banning people for differing opinions.

A mass exodus is on the horizon  :lawd