Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1819073 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Forum 4 Sale for $4.5 Million OBO
« Reply #3900 on: October 15, 2021, 08:44:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-70#post-75266085
Quote from: PlanetSmasher
If MOBAnet actively fucks around with the site, I will complain, and loudly. Everyone on Era knows how loud I am when I want to be.

:rofl
ど助平

Snoopycat_

« Reply #3901 on: October 15, 2021, 08:44:58 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3902 on: October 15, 2021, 08:45:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-69#post-75265935
Quote from: Warnen
That’s what ya get for banning Angry Joe, enjoy your corporate overlords

(Image removed from quote.)

:angryjoe
ど助平

samir

« Reply #3903 on: October 15, 2021, 08:56:39 AM »
You're assuming Era wasn't on an organic growth path already.

:lol

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3904 on: October 15, 2021, 08:59:46 AM »
Chappelle Wars Update Brought To You By M.O.B.A. Networks AB: What Else Is There To Do?:

Hermit

« Reply #3905 on: October 15, 2021, 09:02:43 AM »
If MOBAnet actively fucks around with the site, I will complain, and loudly. Everyone on Era knows how loud I am when I want to be.
:badass

Averon

« Reply #3906 on: October 15, 2021, 09:03:40 AM »
Why do the mods think them threatening to leave is any sort of threat MOBA will take seriously? As of right now, none of the ERA staff are irreplaceable. None of them bring unique skills or talents that MOBA would find hard to replace.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3907 on: October 15, 2021, 09:06:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-70#post-75266265
Quote from: CitizenVectron
Personally I'll probably devote most of my time to dayonepatch.com now. Great off-topic politics/current events board with video game boards too. Formed from the exodus off IGN about 10 years ago.

Owned by a user that posts here, but he pays for everything and loses money on it, there aren't even ads.Personally I'll probably devote most of my time to dayonepatch.com now. Great off-topic politics/current events board with video game boards too. Formed from the exodus off IGN about 10 years ago.

Owned by a user that posts here, but he pays for everything and loses money on it, there aren't even ads.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-70#post-75266439
If people too disgusted by this want to leave, there's always RetroGameBoard.com . Which is much smaller in scope and budget but their heart is at a good place. I've been there in the beginnings but only been lurking around after the first weeks because I became much more invested in ERA. A good part of the retro gaming communities from past-GAF and current-ERA are in there in case you're interested.

www.retrogameboards.com
Quote from: Seik
It's official. WE ARE A CHARITY! (And other updates)
Hi all, As many of you know, we have recently been approved by the IRS as a legally recognized 501( c)(3) tax exempt charitable organization!!! It’s been a long time coming but we finally made it. With this update, as requested by many of you, I have created a button on the site in the upper...

Imagine the amount of money charities would get if ERA did the same...

:birb

Both of those sites barely have enough activity for any of the attention seekers on Era to care.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3908 on: October 15, 2021, 09:09:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-70#post-75267315
Quote from: Bandage
Sure, the mods can say they won't let the site "x" all they want. Won't matter in a month when Moba revokes their privileges and hire new mods.

And then everyone leaves and this site bleeds out. Like the userbase isn't gonna stick around if MOBAnet fires the entire staff and replaces them with scabs. We already bailed on the old site. We'll do it again if we have to.

:girlaff
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #3909 on: October 15, 2021, 09:10:36 AM »
They aren't scabs if there's no strike you comedy school drop out. :karen

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3910 on: October 15, 2021, 09:11:52 AM »
I realized the dude that started out larping on SalesEra as old NeoGAF-Nintex is actually the admin of the Install Base board sales board.
Just noticed him tweeting about the big number of registrations he has to approve.

I know him well, he's a good kid :heart
🤴

Snoopycat_

« Reply #3911 on: October 15, 2021, 09:13:55 AM »
It’s all fun and games now, but it’ll be nothing compared to how the vegetables would react if no politics/no social issues rules got introduced.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #3912 on: October 15, 2021, 09:14:40 AM »
Royolan is so codependent. Took them a bunch of people to tell him he got hosed to figure it out.

No wonder he turns tricks.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #3913 on: October 15, 2021, 09:15:16 AM »
the offshoot of social, political and gender issues will be chaos. Ketkat is already making the forum lol

benjipwns

« Reply #3914 on: October 15, 2021, 09:16:28 AM »
Please. Most people on this site didn't even notice most of the admin staff and pretty much all of the original mod staff were replaced. The communities that did notice have pretty much already jumped ship.
Weren't folks like Aeana, Bish and Duckroll only there as mods temporarily to help out in the beginnings? That's what I remember at least.
Quote from: FliX, Moderator
And you're making it sound as if all moderation staff was exchanged in one night without anyone noticing. It was gradual changing on the guard...
:notlikethis Not even a current moderator knows these people were never staff members...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 09:27:13 AM by benjipwns »

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3915 on: October 15, 2021, 09:18:38 AM »
I realized the dude that started out larping on SalesEra as old NeoGAF-Nintex is actually the admin of the Install Base board sales board.
Just noticed him tweeting about the big number of registrations he has to approve.

I know him well, he's a good kid :heart

#notmynintex

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #3916 on: October 15, 2021, 09:21:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-70#post-75267723

Yes, the old site is still running. But it's not making EL anywhere close to the money it could've made him at his peak, and he didn't buy the old site for four and a half million dollars.

And if we leave, it's no longer our problem whether or not MOBAnet meets their financial goals. I don't give two shits about their earnings statements now, and I certainly wouldn't if we hypothetically all left and made another forum without their ownership after they fucked around and fired all the mods and replaced them with pro-TERF scabs.
OBE

Boredfrom

« Reply #3917 on: October 15, 2021, 09:23:21 AM »
Royolan is so codependent. Took them a bunch of people to tell him he got hosed to figure it out.

No wonder he turns tricks.

Why the fuck did he comeback when most of the staff didn’t lift a finger to defend him of KetKat and her cronies.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3918 on: October 15, 2021, 09:24:46 AM »
I like how all the Moba sites are filled to the brim with racist, transphobic and sexist trash  :lol
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #3919 on: October 15, 2021, 09:26:08 AM »
Benji hasn't slept in days lol.

I mean who hasn‘t gone on a cocaine-fueled shitpost bender?

benjipwns

« Reply #3920 on: October 15, 2021, 09:29:05 AM »
ILL SLEEP WHEN CERIUM ANSWERS ALL THE QUESTIONS

BisMarckie

« Reply #3921 on: October 15, 2021, 09:31:28 AM »
What is going to end First? Ceriums mental health journey or Nintendo‘s christmas break?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3922 on: October 15, 2021, 09:31:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/me-gloating-nguy-vu-that-right-wing-king-radio-dude-got-taken-down-from-youtube-hopefully-permanently-and-i-helped.500625/

Quote from: Prax
As you may or may not know, I have an ongoing existential battle with this raving moron, who happens to be a US-based right-wing Vietnamese radio host:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/viet-era-help-who-is-nguy-vu-and-why-is-my-dad-listening-to-him.53662/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-news-young-vietnamese-americans-say-their-parents-are-falling-prey-to-conspiracy-videos.413931/

(some more background info on the dude:
https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kv8ma/vietnamese-rush-limbaugh-youtube -- Rush Limbaugh? Who is he kidding! )

Anyway, he made it onto Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. My sister excitedly told me about the mention as she was watching with her husband last Monday.

It apparently gained him enough attention and notereity for YouTube to finally give him the 3rd Strike he was begging for, so hopefully he is permabanned from there and exorcised from my father's (and soon to be MY) home.

I watched it all come down, as my father AS PER USUAL, had his channel streaming on the tv in the background (this is what happens when you teach your elderly parents to use technology..), and I happened to be sitting there feeding my baby formula. Father was busy putting up an Ikea mirror in the bathroom, and I realized the lunatic on the screen was ranting and whining about John Oliver calling him out. His female co-host looking absolutely crestfallen and silent the whole time.

And then it happened. The stream disconnected.

And then windows asked for a restart for an update. So I did. And when my browser restarted, I found that Nguy Vu's channel was removed for violating ToS. I laffed.

When you hear Oliver or ANYONE mention "Vietnamese Alex Jones" or about his dumbass face cream, know that it was me who coined that term and provided this ammo. uwu

:ego

uwu
ど助平

Mostima

« Reply #3923 on: October 15, 2021, 09:31:45 AM »
All these internet jannies pretending like the site needs them more than they need the site. Moba Network could charge them all $10 a month to continue being mods and they would all do it.  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #3924 on: October 15, 2021, 09:40:26 AM »
Staff Communication

Criticism of ResetEra is good and allowed, but making it a gossip thread isn't. It would be more constructive at this point to discuss the problems of Era on Era itself. - Donnie, BozPaggs, EvilChameleon
well okay

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #3925 on: October 15, 2021, 09:42:36 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-71#post-75268374

Quote from: RROCKMAN
There is a certain level of naiveté from both users and and mods from this 🤣

Whatever tho, it's been real. I honestly used to like this site but the mod shenanigans (thread banning some guy from his own thread for meta commentary is peak era, also not the only time yall been tweaking) and other users here really soured me.

It would have been nice if you had mods actually be transparent about who did bans and why instead of appearing like some secret police that comes out and clips people in the night but with new management that is very unlikely. All this approach did was throw gasoline on an US vs them mentality that is already inherently present with Mods vs Users by default. I feel bad for the mods that are nice but this is what happens when you all hide away as a faceless mob when actions are taken.

Though I guess that would exposed some of the inherent biases here, as I've been banned several times for "having a history of console warring" when ever I said anything bad about Sony, but it was always OK when I roasted Nintendo and Xbox. (For the record, all three have a presence on my coffee table at home. I'm just vocal about the BS each of the three pull. Violent Sony has happened to been on a good roll as of late. 🤣 )

I'll probably just be back to drifting on the webs while working on my own projects in real life. Feel free to send your team at me for meta commentary if you wish.
:salute
OBE

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3926 on: October 15, 2021, 09:42:51 AM »
Staff Communication

Criticism of ResetEra is good and allowed, but making it a gossip thread isn't. It would be more constructive at this point to discuss the problems of Era on Era itself. - Donnie, BozPaggs, EvilChameleon
well okay

I thought that WAS from Era for a second.  Even the "staff communication" stuff is the same.
:dead
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #3927 on: October 15, 2021, 09:47:25 AM »
Specific mods already get enough harassment as it is. Why would you want them to get even more? Mod decisions aren't done by one person, so having a "this user was banned by X" message wouldn't increase transparency, it would just put further targets on mods' backs for being the person unlucky enough to have their name on the ban-line when someone gets banned that a Discord doesn't agree with.
To quote some prominent members:
Quote from: The Adder
It's not harassment, it's her fucking job.
Quote from: Mercury Fred
Why are you calling being held accountable "harassment"?
Quote from: RustyNails
Why do you call this harassment?

benjipwns

« Reply #3928 on: October 15, 2021, 09:50:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-71#post-75268374
Quote from: Quinton, Moderator
I'll probably just be back to drifting on the webs while working on my own projects in real life. Feel free to send your team at me for meta commentary if you wish.
Appreciated
sensitive

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #3929 on: October 15, 2021, 09:51:38 AM »
Please. Most people on this site didn't even notice most of the admin staff and pretty much all of the original mod staff were replaced. The communities that did notice have pretty much already jumped ship.
Weren't folks like Aeana, Bish and Duckroll only there as mods temporarily to help out in the beginnings? That's what I remember at least.
Quote from: FliX, Moderator
And you're making it sound as if all moderation staff was exchanged in one night without anyone noticing. It was gradual changing on the guard...
:notlikethis Not even a current moderator knows these people were never staff members...

So cerium got them to do the transition phase of the move for free before bringing paid techs on board.

What a baller.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3930 on: October 15, 2021, 09:56:37 AM »

There is a certain level of naiveté from both users and and mods from this 🤣

Whatever tho, it's been real. I honestly used to like this site but the mod shenanigans (thread banning some guy from his own thread for meta commentary is peak era, also not the only time yall been tweaking) and other users here really soured me.

It would have been nice if you had mods actually be transparent about who did bans and why instead of appearing like some secret police that comes out and clips people in the night but with new management that is very unlikely. All this approach did was throw gasoline on an US vs them mentality that is already inherently present with Mods vs Users by default. I feel bad for the mods that are nice but this is what happens when you all hide away as a faceless mob when actions are taken.

Though I guess that would exposed some of the inherent biases here, as I've been banned several times for "having a history of console warring" when ever I said anything bad about Sony, but it was always OK when I roasted Nintendo and Xbox. (For the record, all three have a presence on my coffee table at home. I'm just vocal about the BS each of the three pull. Violent Sony has happened to been on a good roll as of late. 🤣 )

:salute

Violent Sony has happened to been on a good roll as of late. 🤣 )

:confused
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3931 on: October 15, 2021, 10:01:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-71#post-75269754
Quote from: BriGuy
Quote from: rochellepaws
Still no response from Cerium...

I saw something fly past my office window not too long ago. I only caught it out of the corner of my eye, but it could have been Cerium being propelled across the continental US by jizz.

:neogaf
ど助平

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #3932 on: October 15, 2021, 10:02:53 AM »
The more I look into this company the weirder it is.

The forums aren't just dead, everything is. The sites, the Twitter accounts, etc. One of the Twitter accounts for their "major" sites has all of 17 followers. Their Warframe site has 415 followers and hasn't tweeted since 2019 and then it was only RT'ing the official Warframe Twitter account anyway.

The YouTube network they supposedly bought in May, you can't find shit about it online except from when it was owned by Twitch, which was five years ago and anything after that is people talking about how they left and think it's shutting down. Until it skips a couple years and then MOBA buys it from another company.

They announced a new website in June: https://www.creator1.com/
With the new offer, M.O.B.A. Network will meet the growing demand for so called influencer-marketing through content creators in marketing campaigns. Influencer-marketing has grown considerably during the last few years, among other things, due to its capacity to reach audiences on important platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook.

The new company Creator1 simplifies the administration and increases the proceeds for affiliated content creators by taking care of external companies’ requests and the organization of campaigns and promotions. By using Creator1’s services, content creators will be able to entirely focus on creating and delivering high quality content to their audiences.

In the middle of May 2021 M.O.B.A. Network acquired the American company Magic Find which, amongst other things, is a leading actor in streaming of games on YouTube. With this transformative acquisition, M.O.B.A. Network moved into the vertical streaming.
Creator1 will also work closely with the business area M.O.B.A. Services, which develops partnerships, brand integrations, and sponsorships. By taking advantage of M.O.B.A. Services sales infrastructure, the UFG-network can quickly increase access to potential customers and sponsors. M.O.B.A. Services will also broaden its offering by the ability to offer access to the most highly sought-after platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, and Twitter.
”M.O.B.A. Network has quickly created a significant position within influencer-marketing through the content creators we have at our disposal within gaming and e-sports, two globally big and strongly growing areas”, says Björn Mannerqvist, CEO of M.O.B.A. Network. “With Creator1 and the acquisition of Magic Find we have also created new revenue streams which complement our market leading communities within gaming. We have demonstrated that M.O.B.A. Network continues to purposefully deliver on it’s effective growth strategy.”

Okay, great, right?

But I search for Creator1 and get YouTube and it's this:
Quote from: [youtube]UC-NnlDwJnD[/youtube]
Hi, i am 14 and i love Marvel, Minecraft, Fortnite and many more!
https://discord.gg/YeRMARBW Discord Server!
Twitch: creat0r1
And Check Out My Other Channels! : Creat0r2 and Create 0r Your Short

There's like literally zero web presence for anything MOBA Network owns. All of their websites are barebones. None of them have real About or Jobs or Press pages, they're just links to e-mails.

They claim in their reporting documents that mobafire.com generates 80% of their traffic and LoL sites in their group account for 95% of their traffic. The mobafire Twitter has barely over 4000 followers and pretty much no engagement.

This is from a company report from a year ago, ignore any weird language as I believe it's translated from Swedish:
Development of existing communities
To maintain the interest for and increase the number of visitors in a community, analyzes are made of visitors’ behaviors, visitor frequency, and posts. Based on these studies, the development of functionality and the use of appropriate marketing measures are defined. External marketing is mainly done through other online forums such as Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook. The Company’s communities are also followed by several ambassadors; people
who mention the Company’s websites in their channels such as blogs and Twitter feeds.

This is the "new" part of their company they're pushing:
M.O.B.A. Services
M.O.B.A. can also sell the ads inventory, without an intermediary, directly to the advertisers, which could bring in considerable higher fees per ad. We believe the fees could be 5-10 times higher with direct sales and should offer substantial profitability improvement potential as the business scale. However, direct sales require in-house resources as well as a large enough ads inventory to make it worth investing in an in-house sales team.

The Programmatic sales were heavily impacted by the Corona Crisis, while the traffic volumes to its websites have increased considerably. Therefore, the company has expanded its focus towards direct sales by adding the new Service segment with a focus on direct sales and partnerships. The company´s organization is strengthened with Peter Lindberg as “Head of Direct Sales & Partnerships” (See the section “Management team” below for further
information about Peter Lindberg and the management).

The task is to establish direct partnerships with companies that want exposure to M.O.B.A.´s growing target group. It could be through advertising, sponsorship, native partnerships, or other potential partnerships where M.O.B.A. can capitalize on its attractive user base. We believe that timing is right to increase the focus towards direct sales, which has already resulted in a substantial improvement in sales at the start of the third quarter. The Service segment will most likely develop new services in the future with i.e. rich media, different partnerships, and perhaps new products.

M.O.B.A. has stated a clear M&A strategy where it looks for additional acquisitions like the one of CriticalClick, where operations are not commercialized or optimized. In general, we believe it would be more “hobby” driven communities or websites with a focus on gaming/Esports related games. With the considerable current exposure towards the League of Legends game, we expect any acquisition to have low exposure towards that game, to
lower the dependency risk
Furthermore, the communities offer substantial amounts of user content as well as network effects. User content is both cheap, as it requires limited rescores from the company, and attractive from an SEO perspective.
The community also creates network effects as the community grows in the number of users and the amount of relevant content. The community´s attractiveness will become more significant as it increases in size, creating considerable moats if it becomes one of the leading communities within its game niche
Furthermore, we note that none of the sites/communities released after Mobafire.com has yet grown to a size that impacts the group’s overall traffic substantially.
We then compared traffic data to revenues, as illustrated below. The companies we looked at include several major services (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter). We also added several smaller community-focused companies that are gaming, sports, and Esports-related (Enthusiast Gaming, Everysport Media Group, and HLTV.org). Enthusiast Gaming owns over 100 gaming-related sites and communities. Everysport Media Group owns several sportsrelated sites and communities. HLTV.org is an Esports-related community that Better Collective acquired earlier in 2020.

The graphs below show that M.O.B.A. is in line with other gaming-related communities, such as Enthusiast Gaming and HLTV.org. Its revenue model is similar to Enthusiast Gaming, while HLTV.org has a significant focus on leads for betting companies. However, we see a huge difference. One reason is that, for example, LinkedIn makes most of its revenues from premium functions and other services, while only around 20% is marketing-related. Facebook, on the other hand, generates close to all its revenues from marketing, which is more like M.O.B.A.´s business model. However, Facebook has much more data and information about
its users, which is very valuable from a marketing perspective.

Like, I guess I'm just wondering. How did Cerium and this company find each other AND decide to do business?

Cerium went to a company named WeBrokr.
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/webrokr_moba-network-acquires-reseteracom-activity-6854441880789299200-gNp4

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #3933 on: October 15, 2021, 10:06:10 AM »
Imagine volunteering for cerium, and then going to jail for him.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #3934 on: October 15, 2021, 10:06:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-71#post-75269754

Quote from: rrost
I think a thread should be stickied in both gaming and etcetera informing users of their new owner's problematic aspects. The users may then make informed decision whether they wants to contribute or not. You owe the community atleast that much.

:rofl

OBE

Mediocre Lager

« Reply #3935 on: October 15, 2021, 10:08:13 AM »
Nepenthe has been purposely ignoring the point in order to continue being an aggressive shithead.

I’m shocked!

benjipwns

« Reply #3936 on: October 15, 2021, 10:11:30 AM »
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/webrokr_moba-network-acquires-reseteracom-activity-6854441880789299200-gNp4
WeBrokr deals mainly in online business sales such as single-owner websites to companies that are in the INC 500. Essentially they are what we call a website broker which is a business broker that works with online based businesses such as websites and ecommerce related companies.

Are you an online business owner interested in having your company acquired? We have helped some of the largest websites, apps, and channels online successfully complete an acquisition. Our team will craft a personalized acquisition plan with you that starts with a free valuation consultation. From there we will guide you through each step of the acquisition process from listing through closing. Check out a few of our successfully completed acquisitions below:

Oh, and look what website they tout on their homepage:

:hmm

« Reply #3937 on: October 15, 2021, 10:15:12 AM »
I just want 3 things from the swidish fucks that bought era:
1- a like button
2 - no more paid email requirements
3- lift the ban on the transphobic wizard game

It would be pure chaos

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #3938 on: October 15, 2021, 10:17:12 AM »

I take it back. Those 10 years at comedy school paid off. Amazing clown

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #3939 on: October 15, 2021, 10:18:15 AM »
WeBrokr deals mainly in online business sales such as single-owner websites to companies that are in the INC 500. Essentially they are what we call a website broker which is a business broker that works with online based businesses such as websites and ecommerce related companies.

Are you an online business owner interested in having your company acquired? We have helped some of the largest websites, apps, and channels online successfully complete an acquisition. Our team will craft a personalized acquisition plan with you that starts with a free valuation consultation. From there we will guide you through each step of the acquisition process from listing through closing. Check out a few of our successfully completed acquisitions below:

Oh, and look what website they tout on their homepage:
 :hmm

How deep do you think we need to go before finding out this broker is not all they appear to be?

benjipwns

« Reply #3940 on: October 15, 2021, 10:20:18 AM »
Before I get too far down this rabbit hole of weird internet companies that all sound like scams again, have another former moderator whining about the toxic users:
So now everyone cares about mods and their well being?

Where was this "caring" when not even 4 weeks ago, hundreds of you over dozens and dozens of pages rallied together to bully, harass, and attack mods both on and off site for multiple days and posted some of the most cruel, vile, dehumanizing and harmful posts demanding all staff fired, blaming staff for everything wrong with era. Pages and pages of sharing unauthorized to share discord screenshots to attack and drag a mod that has routinely been one the main staff punching bags for many for over 4 years on this site until they finally quit. Not to mention that an additional 2 more mods are no longer mods in the aftermath of the media create threads.

Month after month many users routinely call staff cops, NYPD/LAPD, fascists and so much more, often using twitter and discord as off site avenues to continue attack, belittle, dismiss and harass mods when certain threads are locked. I can't tell you how many anonymous and non anonymous tickets I've personally witnessed that was some person using a certain thread or post to write a ticket to give XYZ reason why mods are all terrible, or a user disgruntled over a recent ban using a ticket to explain that we are no different then the NYPD for giving them a 3 day console warring ban they disagree with.

Now dozens of you, many of which are chiefly responsible for the damage caused with the MC thread situation, including forcing away some of the most hardworking and active mods, are now claiming to care about mods, their well being and heath? You'll excuse me if I don't believe it.

You want to truly help and care about staff? Maybe treat them as people instead of dehumanizing them. Listen to them when they say they care about era and just are trying to do what is best. You don't have to agree with every decision made and criticism, when healthy and toxic, is perfectly fine. However every single thread or post an admin or mod makes saying to treat them with respect and that the level of hate is unwarranted and staff are human too is met with the response of "Being a volunteer doesn't mean you're free from criticism!" or just deflections and doubling down on dehumanizing staff. So again, users love to remind staff that they are volunteers when it suits their narrative and that being volunteers doesn't make anyone free of "criticism", but now users want to claim staff shouldn't be volunteers but be paid and treated better? Which is it.

I work in nursing, I see more than my fair share of combative patients and family on a near daily basis, especially with this long going pandemic now. There's one word and thing that's needed more than ever now and that's empathy. The ability to put yourself in other peoples shoes and truly care about them as a whole, the same way you'd want to be treated if you were in there place. Like I said no one is free from criticism and disagreements when non toxic are perfectly healthy, but empathy and understanding would do far more to help out staff and users alike than money or being paid ever would. I can't speak for all staff, past and present, but at least that's my personal feelings having been on staff and worked extremely hard for a long time as staff to help make this site a better place as I truly do love it and all of you. Helping a site and people I love grow and be the best it can be, that's more valuable than money to me.

« Reply #3941 on: October 15, 2021, 10:23:37 AM »
I gotta say, whoever called the mods cops for the first time deserves a medal. That shit really fucked with them.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #3942 on: October 15, 2021, 10:25:41 AM »

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #3943 on: October 15, 2021, 10:25:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-71#post-75271365

Damnit, this instead:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-71#post-75271629

Quote from: nicoga3000
This seems to be hitting those who bought into the echo chamber the hardest.

For the rest of us, I don't see how it's going to impact our use of this site.

OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #3944 on: October 15, 2021, 10:26:06 AM »

linkedin is so weird

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #3945 on: October 15, 2021, 10:27:00 AM »
Cerium is definitely black mailing users and verified posters and volunteers through crypto sales in Sweden through a backdoor channel in order to hide the murders of

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #3946 on: October 15, 2021, 10:31:53 AM »
Chappelle Wars Update Brought To You By M.O.B.A. Networks AB: What Else Is There To Do?:

#comedyisdead#ikilledit  :lol

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #3948 on: October 15, 2021, 10:42:43 AM »
Neurochasm
5 minutes ago
#3,548
does anyone know how to set up a preferred pronoun on our new sister site HEARTHPWN.com? i'm trying to get signed up but i can't find it.

Trojita

« Reply #3949 on: October 15, 2021, 10:48:05 AM »

:lol :lol :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #3950 on: October 15, 2021, 10:49:43 AM »
How deep do you think we need to go before finding out this broker is not all they appear to be?
WeBrokr has sold all of four websites in an entire year according to their announcements:
MMORPG.com
ResetERA.com
AndroidPolice.com
Collider.com

All were sold either to MOBA Network or Valnet.

I believe WeBrokr is a single person, Logan Abner.

Valnet is the owner of ScreenRant.com, CBR.com and BabyGaga.com. All were sold to them through WeBrokr. Valnet is a French-Canadian company that is currently looking to hire hundreds of "Celebrity Youtube Video Producer" who "love Movies, Pop Culture, Superheroes, Celebrities or Reality TV" as well as at least two people to "write a minimum of 60 Feature articles monthly, under a wide range of word counts" on gaming for CBR.com. Seriously, look at these fucking job listings: https://valnetinc.applytojob.com/apply/

This is now officially a French-Canadian-Swedish conspiracy. I have yet to discover how NFTs plays into this.

Here's WeBrokr responding to a GameRant (Valnet) story about ResetERA.com being bought by MOBA Network :derp
https://twitter.com/WeBrokrcom/status/1448751738735976456

benjipwns

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3952 on: October 15, 2021, 10:55:09 AM »
If they open up to free emails, how many accounts are you all grabbing?
:O

marrec

« Reply #3953 on: October 15, 2021, 10:56:22 AM »

Part of my problem with all of these VERY ONLINE ninnies is they consider accountability harassments and instead of, like, growing as a person they just double down on their toxic personality traits.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #3954 on: October 15, 2021, 11:00:57 AM »
WeBrokr has sold all of four websites in an entire year according to their announcements:
MMORPG.com
ResetERA.com
AndroidPolice.com
Collider.com

All were sold either to MOBA Network or Valnet.

I believe WeBrokr is a single person, Logan Abner.

Valnet is the owner of ScreenRant.com, CBR.com and BabyGaga.com. All were sold to them through WeBrokr. Valnet is a French-Canadian company that is currently looking to hire hundreds of "Celebrity Youtube Video Producer" who "love Movies, Pop Culture, Superheroes, Celebrities or Reality TV" as well as at least two people to "write a minimum of 60 Feature articles monthly, under a wide range of word counts" on gaming for CBR.com. Seriously, look at these fucking job listings: https://valnetinc.applytojob.com/apply/

This is now officially a French-Canadian-Swedish conspiracy. I have yet to discover how NFTs plays into this.

Here's WeBrokr responding to a GameRant (Valnet) story about ResetERA.com being bought by MOBA Network :derp
https://twitter.com/WeBrokrcom/status/1448751738735976456

This explains the uptick of hidden adlinks on AP.

Also why their site completely changed looks. (:teehee)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #3955 on: October 15, 2021, 11:02:26 AM »
Surprisingly good article from gawker that describes Resetera to a T

Sometimes, when I’m having a bad day, maybe in the middle of some stupid argument with a stranger on the internet, the thought briefly crosses my mind: I should just say that whoever is currently driving me up the wall is racist. Or sexist. Or, myself being a non-white woman, a combination of the two.

This is a joke, obviously, but the more and more I jest about it, I admit, the more tempting the possibility to do so becomes — especially because it often works in declawing your target almost immediately. In the right room, with the right audience, one utterance of, “As a woman of color, if you criticize me, you’re a bigot” will make many well-meaning, white guilt-feeling, Obama-voting liberals clam up, suddenly aware that their image as well-meaning, white guilt-feeling, Obama-voting liberals within circles of similarly well-meaning, white guilt-feeling, Obama-voting liberals is at risk. So those with greater senses of decorum (or at least guilt) deflect, or de-escalate, or quickly concede defeat. For people of marginalized identities who are shrewd enough to play this hand, it’s a second- or third-tier superpower.

https://www.gawker.com/culture/identity-fraud

« Reply #3956 on: October 15, 2021, 11:05:21 AM »

Was there a third mod demodded as a result of MC-gate? Clearly this is a post stanning hard for Morrigan and the sanctity of being able to shit-talk users in semi-public without having to fear "unauthorized" screenshots letting the unwashed masses know how they were viewed, and cvxfreak took a self-imposed break afterwards, but I can't think of a third? And in all cases they were what the moderators, who do this for fun and should absolutely NOT have their hard work sullied with funds, chose to do. AFAIK there weren't actual repercussions for staff for anything that happened.

I do appreciate whoever this is for providing a handy screenshot the next time the staff wants to talk about taking accountability for everything--she appears to have let slip that staff, once again, have identified the users as the sole problem here (and not just that, but not even the users who left--the ones who are still around!)

Truly a mystery why so many view staff as an insular clique that holds grudges and prioritizes themselves over all.

benjipwns

« Reply #3957 on: October 15, 2021, 11:08:07 AM »
72 pages there, like five posts about who the new owners are, plus the brief tiny kerfuffle when someone came here and saw us pointing out the forums there and found the anti-trans thread.

All kinds of teeth gnashing and wailing about the poor staff members who desperately don't want to get paid and the evil toxic users who are literally grinding them into dust.

Meanwhile, we've uncovered the entire French-Canadian-Swedish scheme to replace all the MCU threads with Snyderverse praise.

benjipwns

« Reply #3958 on: October 15, 2021, 11:14:36 AM »
Trust me: as someone who has been harassed by Gamergate and by posters on Era, both when I was a mod and afterwards...the kinds of stuff people say about mods both in public and in private gets to you. You'd need to have a heart of stone to not get worn down by it.
gamergate

marrec

« Reply #3959 on: October 15, 2021, 11:15:30 AM »
72 pages there, like five posts about who the new owners are, plus the brief tiny kerfuffle when someone came here and saw us pointing out the forums there and found the anti-trans thread.

All kinds of teeth gnashing and wailing about the poor staff members who desperately don't want to get paid and the evil toxic users who are literally grinding them into dust.

Meanwhile, we've uncovered the entire French-Canadian-Swedish scheme to replace all the MCU threads with Snyderverse praise.

People don't appreciate truth tellers like you and me in our times Benji. Once our time is passed they will write entire college courses about your investigations and my love of Nintendo Squids.

We're one the same really, you and I.