Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1784828 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #8520 on: November 25, 2021, 09:28:26 AM »
So three members of the staff are just totally okay with labeling a girl they've never met as a "slut" for going on dates and to bars?

https://www.youtubetrimmer.com/view/?v=chFTovBlOiQ&start=3283&end=3335

Boredfrom

« Reply #8521 on: November 25, 2021, 10:08:43 AM »
Kind of difficult to felt bad for her given that she became a successful author while the other dude went to jail for years.

The fact that it took a Hollywood producer concerned about legal liabilities to get called out is, well...

Your right. It is difficult to feel bad for a rape victim who's trust was manipulated by the authorities.

Is she going to apologize to the dude?

After Broadwater was arrested, though, Sebold failed to identify him in a police lineup, picking a different man as her attacker because "the expression in his eyes told me that if we were alone, if there were no wall between us, he would call me by name and then kill me."

I get your point overall (she was manipulated and in her worst state of mind made some questionable choices) but I feel that at one moment she also needs to admit fault or that she was played.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 10:16:43 AM by Boredfrom »

Snoopycat_

« Reply #8522 on: November 25, 2021, 10:26:34 AM »
How the fuck would I know if she’s apologised. Why don’t you fuckin Twitter her and ask. I’m sure she’ll be happy to relive that experience again

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8523 on: November 25, 2021, 10:43:23 AM »
Rape victims hate that actually.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #8524 on: November 25, 2021, 10:44:21 AM »
sounds like you have experience :rodney
(ice)

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.

BisMarckie

« Reply #8526 on: November 25, 2021, 12:09:41 PM »
I am a native European whose ancestors didn’t fuck off to colonize. Surely that’s gotta be worth a few quid?

SmokyDave

« Reply #8527 on: November 25, 2021, 12:10:04 PM »
Lemme save Royalan some time and just snip this staff post down to one that can be reused many times over:

Quote from: Royalan
Black people should not be policed

There we go. Now no need for all the wriggling, the double-standards, the wrought justifications. Just leave it at that since it's far closer to the truth than any of the bullshit they usually spew in a staff post.

*edit, as always with reset, when they say ‘Black people’, it’s a given they mean ‘Black people that agree with us'.

2nd Edit: Dear reader, please note that I am well aware of the issues with justice systems all over the globe persecuting Black people. This comment refers to 'policing' on the popular nest-of-arseholes known as 'resetera'. Thank you for your understanding.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 04:52:49 AM by SmokyDave »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #8529 on: November 25, 2021, 12:40:26 PM »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #8530 on: November 25, 2021, 12:41:10 PM »
I understand these kinds of stories are dicey to talk about, since they're sometimes used to concern troll about false accusations/cast doubt on rape accusations, but this one is worth reading about. What a travesty of a prosecution, and what a crazy way to finally get the case overturned.

I don't think the OP realizes the irony in saying that when the only reason this got overturned was because some random movie producer started to doubt the accusation

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8531 on: November 25, 2021, 12:42:04 PM »
I'm a giver  :trumps

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #8532 on: November 25, 2021, 12:53:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-do-you-think-about-the-institution-of-marriage-do-you-see-yourself-staying-married-or-having-it-as-a-life-goal.519690/#post-77667453
Messofanego
I'm married and wanted to be, not because of family influence but because I wanted a romantic partner

Too bad his wife can't say the same.
Oi Oi

Propagandhim

« Reply #8534 on: November 25, 2021, 01:29:10 PM »

El Fuerte rules.  Luchadors are awesome.   RSF is the most rewarding mechanic in the game, too.   Joyless tit. 

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #8535 on: November 25, 2021, 02:18:01 PM »
Is Jon Stewart already persona non grata on Era because if not he's about to be:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-could-have-seen-this-coming-30-days-later-chappelle-is-making-transphobic-jokes-already.519564/
Quote from: excelsiorlef
Chappelle vowed to be hitting pause on jokes about the LGBTQ+ community until he and the LGBTQ+ community could both be laughing together again. "I'm telling you: It's done. I'm done talking about it," he concluded.

But on Monday night, Chappelle laughed as he acknowledged his promise to stop with that kind of material, but with the new caveat that he'd only do so if the set was being recorded, earlier pointing out that everyone in the 20,000-person arena had their cellphones locked away in Yondr pouches.

After the screening of his heartwarming documentary, it took Chappelle only a few seconds to launch headfirst into his recent troubles. “Week four of being cancelled, it’s crazy,” he began, launching into a tale about how he had to take out an order of protection against a racist neighbor who had turned up at his house a few months ago.

He described that his wife had gifted him a pearl-handled .22 caliber pistol, joking that the last thing someone would say to him before he had to use the weapon would be “f----t.” And if Chappelle did end up going to jail for murder, to escape the roughness of prison he said he would simply claim to identify as a woman.

Chappelle continued with his bit, explaining that after getting the order of protection against his neighbor, he offered to pay for his rehab or therapy, because clearly the man was not mentally well.

He said the payment would have to be kept a secret, otherwise other people with no health insurance would come knocking on his door looking for medical help, adding that trans people would be among those asking him to pay for their surgeries.

Chappelle went on to boast that he's glad he wasn't technically cancelled, saying he was lucky that he had been surrounded by a circle of friends, later bringing out comedian Jon Stewart, as well as musicians Fat Joe, Busta Rhymes, and Rakim.

He also made a series of pronoun jokes. When introducing the musician H.E.R., he quipped, "It's a pronoun you don't hear much!" Later on when riffing with Stewart, Chappelle mentioned that he'd form a transgender tribute band named "They."

Stewart, who had just professed Chappelle's graciousness and blasted people who wanted to make money off conflict, seemed to shrug the jokes off, adding “Can’t stop, won’t stop,” toward Chappelle’s line of jokes.

Fuck Jon Stewart too

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dave-chappelle-is-back-to-making-transphobic-jokes-at-madison-square-garden-event

Article is paywalled

Apologies
Quote from: MasterYoshi
Jon Stewart just made my fuck off list.
Quote from: chubigans
Man they can both fuck right off. Jon Stewart sucks so much.
Quote from: RedVejigante
So, in all fairness, maybe this is in fact retroactive sour grapes, but am I alone in feeling that John Stewart has honestly always been a distinctly unfunny centrist shitheel? Like, he was embraced not because of his wit or insight but because he was the least worst option in current popular media?

Yet these people all spooge themselves over John Oliver.

Just another example of never needing to listen to Era when it comes to comedy. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/which-era-user-are-you-thankful-for-being-a-part-of-this-community.519657/

Gonna need someone to hug RedMercury a bit later :(

He's made progress.  He's not the pathetic loser making these threads in hope someone talks about him.  I think in the movie The Postman there was a guy who got his balls cut off and he follows the new leader like a dog.

The Leader of something

Red Mercury reminds me of that unnamed dog person.

I am a native European whose ancestors didn’t fuck off to colonize. Surely that’s gotta be worth a few quid?

OK, put it here.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/rez-dogs-one-needs-teeth-or-drinkable-food

Share to all your white guilt friends.  I'm not lying about this.  I do need mush for dogs.

sigh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8536 on: November 25, 2021, 02:18:39 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

El Fuerte rules.  Luchadors are awesome.   RSF is the most rewarding mechanic in the game, too.   Joyless tit.

Calls for representation seem to jump back and forth between "omg whitewashing" and "This is great, I couldn't even tell they were ___"

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8537 on: November 25, 2021, 02:30:08 PM »
I don't know what they expect going to war with Chapelle.

He took on much bigger fish than the thems.
They should just admit that they lost to the king. :trumps
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #8539 on: November 25, 2021, 02:37:39 PM »
Lemme save Royalan some time and just snip this staff post down to one that can be reused many times over:

There we go. Now no need for all the wriggling, the double-standards, the wrought justifications. Just leave it at that since it's far closer to the truth than any of the bullshit they usually spew in a staff post.

*edit, as always with reset, when they say ‘Black people’, it’s a given they mean ‘Black people that agree with us’.

Yup this is a shit take.  Black people and minorities in the US are absolutely over policed, that’s not really in question.  The answer isn’t to end policing in general, but to make it equivalent for everyone.  How we get there is the problem though.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8541 on: November 25, 2021, 03:12:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-uh-dave-chapelle-went-to-his-old-high-school-and-shit-on-a-bunch-of-kids.519849/
This dude is fucked beyond transphobia jesus
Incelsiorlef is on a hate boner today

Boredfrom

« Reply #8542 on: November 25, 2021, 03:14:58 PM »
Kids are distinguished mentally-challenged and don’t know what they have. News at 11.

Potato

• Senior's Member
Spud

ShutUp

« Reply #8544 on: November 25, 2021, 03:37:14 PM »
Goddamn Chapelle owns every acre of real estate in their heads  :lol

« Reply #8545 on: November 25, 2021, 04:48:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mr-beast-squid-game-in-real-life.519522/page-3#post-77681796

Shit is weird, these don't even seem like real people lol but it was a neat video. This guy seems to do some good things for people, unfortunately it feels like only a matter of time until some bad shit comes out about him.

Redmercury really wants Mr. Beast cancelled (even though he already has been by Era standards for being friends with Pewdiepie and taking part in his war with T Series).

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #8546 on: November 25, 2021, 05:38:25 PM »
Everyone is an enemy, once you look hard enough.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #8547 on: November 25, 2021, 06:25:44 PM »
Not so fast, descendent of Yakub. :ufup

benjipwns

« Reply #8548 on: November 25, 2021, 06:32:04 PM »

*edit, as always with reset, when they say ‘Black people’, it’s a given they mean ‘Black people that agree with us’.

Yup this is a shit take.  Black people and minorities in the US are absolutely over policed, that’s not really in question.  The answer isn’t to end policing in general, but to make it equivalent for everyone.  How we get there is the problem though.
Reform merely perpetuates the system of white supremacy. The only way to end overpolicing of Black bodies is the immediate abolition of police, prisons, capitalism and colonialism. Anything other than this is you being complicit.

benjipwns

« Reply #8549 on: November 25, 2021, 06:42:26 PM »
Also this claim from Royalan is... not entirely accurate:
the documented inability for white people to accurately distinguish between individuals in another ethnic group.
The documented inability is for people of all ethnic groups to have a form of face blindness to those in other ethnic groups who they have almost never seen before. In the United States (but not other countries) minorities do better, but still have it, at identifying individual white people because white people are the supermajority so they have more experience with distinctive white faces. But the best determining factor in identifying different individuals, other than perhaps some people simply being better at it (some people do legitimately have face blindness of all types after all), is familiarity with the individuals in question.

From everything I can find, none of the experts believe this is an issue you can "fix" and especially not by simply forcing everyone to interact with more people of different ethic groups since you would still misidentify strangers.

The police in this case were unconsciously taking advantage of this fact (I doubt they were social scientists) but this happens with all witness testimony which is notoriously unreliable. It's one reason we've moved away from "point out the dude" "HIM THERE" in court rooms. (At least three states have already restricted or banned this practice and The Innocence Project (disclaimer: I have worked with them) opposes the practice and pushes for further limitations in other states.)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #8550 on: November 25, 2021, 08:04:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-uh-dave-chapelle-went-to-his-old-high-school-and-shit-on-a-bunch-of-kids.519849/

It's Thankgiving.  another minority population is getting more attention than her.  She needs to make sure people focus on the real issue.

Herself. 

Fucking white liberal women.
sigh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8551 on: November 25, 2021, 08:09:22 PM »

It's Thankgiving.  another minority population is getting more attention than her.  She needs to make sure people focus on the real issue.

Herself. 

Fucking white liberal women.

Speaking of attention

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-international-day-for-the-elimination-of-violence-against-women-heres-how-to-help-stop-violence-towards-women.519930

Pretty much zero attention for this, not even a pin

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8552 on: November 25, 2021, 08:41:01 PM »
That guy claims to do so much hardwork for his community yet spends most of the time on Ree.  He did mentioned he did time in prison or something which is why he gets so offensive prison reform.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8553 on: November 25, 2021, 08:48:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mr-beast-squid-game-in-real-life.519522/page-4#post-77686983
Ah yeah always asuming the worst
Blue Venus:
I mean, no, I am currently at a neutral position.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #8554 on: November 25, 2021, 08:52:48 PM »
As someone who has had many women in my life face abuse, I work to ensure that no other women face this pervasive problem.

The self satisfied cunt's obviously not working hard enough is he

« Reply #8555 on: November 25, 2021, 09:08:54 PM »
I am now convinced more than ever that some on era are mentally disabled. They think when Dave Chappelle says something mockingly about someone in a show in an arena or school that he is actually being serious. Infact they think when he says he is being cancelled he is being serious . They think when he says to someone I’m better then you he is being serious. I mean . Are they purposely obtuse or just distinguished mentally-challenged

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8556 on: November 25, 2021, 09:14:33 PM »
Chappelle threads have more views and posts than Kyuuji's transgender awareness week.  Kyuuji probably be all  :fbm

benjipwns

« Reply #8557 on: November 25, 2021, 09:18:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-international-day-for-the-elimination-of-violence-against-women-heres-how-to-help-stop-violence-towards-women.519930
I clicked on the groups he suggests contributing to. Two of them openly support increased policing and prisons and the third has all their pages as "Coming Soon" which I will rate as undecided. The remaining two also ultimately suggest contacting the police.

This is not okay. Promoting groups that perpetuate white supremacist institutions of racial violence does not make ResetERA.com a safe space for women, especially marginalized and queer women.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #8558 on: November 25, 2021, 09:20:45 PM »
For some weird reason I was wondering if there were women in the SS.

This is very conflicting. I imagine it's how Kyuuji feels when he sees photos of JK

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8559 on: November 25, 2021, 09:22:26 PM »
That's a lot of skin  :exxy

Snoopycat_

« Reply #8560 on: November 25, 2021, 09:27:03 PM »
I'm just glad we can't see the Jews on the train she's laughing at. That would be a real mood killer

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8561 on: November 25, 2021, 10:13:58 PM »
As someone who has never really followed the KOF; why do the woman characters receive a pass for being so overtly sexualized in 2021/22? Is it just a fighting game thing?

"How is this legal in the year 2021"

benjipwns

« Reply #8562 on: November 25, 2021, 11:00:02 PM »
As a Trans person and Black person.... You don't know how white supremacy works.
well...

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #8563 on: November 25, 2021, 11:41:07 PM »
chappele highlights

:lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #8564 on: November 26, 2021, 12:44:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/man-caught-smuggling-squid-game-into-north-korea-sentenced-to-death-by-firing-squad.520041/

I doubt the story is real.

News coming out of North Korea is unreliable at best (remember those stories that Kim died like 3 times during the pandemic?) , and there's a lot of politically motivated elements wanting to paint North Korea in the worst possible light.

Why is socialist RE so bad in wording stuff? Even when they are right with being careful with news they sound like mindless tankies.

Mostima

« Reply #8565 on: November 26, 2021, 12:58:36 AM »
To be fair, that entire story sounds like bullshit with 0 evidence other than "I heard somebody say it"

https://www.rfa.org/english/news/korea/squidgame-11232021180155.html

North Korean officials even says they liked it.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/its-an-allegory-nkorea-website-says-squid-game-reflects-skoreas-beastly-society-2021-10-12/
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 01:03:53 AM by Mostima »

SmokyDave

« Reply #8566 on: November 26, 2021, 01:35:28 AM »
….I was talking about being policed on Resetera:lol

Understandable you didn’t get that given i snipped the rest of his post, my bad.

Boredfrom

« Reply #8567 on: November 26, 2021, 01:37:58 AM »
To be fair, that entire story sounds like bullshit with 0 evidence other than "I heard somebody say it"

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/its-an-allegory-nkorea-website-says-squid-game-reflects-skoreas-beastly-society-2021-10-12/

They liked something that paints their nation as something worth sacrificing their life and human dignity to escape from?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is like he is also speaking from his ass or something.
[close]

Just saying you can be skeptical without sounding like a tankie.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8568 on: November 26, 2021, 01:40:11 AM »

They liked something that paints their nation as something worth sacrificing their life and human dignity to escape from?
What communists lack in raw intelligence they make up for in totalitarian brutality.
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8569 on: November 26, 2021, 02:07:27 AM »
As someone who has never really followed the KOF; why do the woman characters receive a pass for being so overtly sexualized in 2021/22? Is it just a fighting game thing?

"How is this legal in the year 2021"
355 Ree members downvoted that trailer  :lol

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8570 on: November 26, 2021, 02:13:32 AM »
As a Trans person and Black person.... You don't know how white supremacy works.
well...
Neon Deity Games
He’s just such a bad person.

Edit: off base, my bad
He edited it. Man ain't slick  :nothot

Bore Expert

« Reply #8571 on: November 26, 2021, 04:28:46 AM »
Goddamn Chapelle owns every acre of real estate in their heads  :lol

Excuse me? It’s 40 acres . I just reported you to all members of Bire Moderation staff globally.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8572 on: November 26, 2021, 06:49:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-still-pay-for-cable-tv-and-i-dont-know-why.520056/
Actually, I do know why. My 71 year old mother cannot get passed the technology barrier and learn to pursue content on her own. Meanwhile, cable tv is the biggest scam of all time with a hefty price to experience a small amount of content. I really wish there was a way I could get pbs network tv and MSNBC without the rest of the BS in a traditional format to make things easier for her. I just hate throwing away money on something that is barely used. I really wanted all of you to know what's going on with that for some reason. It's quite a riveting situation.

Why do they always call things scam?  Five bucks they're paying 50 bucks a month
How much are you paying?
170+ I'd love to just not have tv and get Netflix and Hulu or something but again it wouldn't really be a substitute for the 3 channels that must be there for the few times they are used.
Damn, Cerium seriously should had paid his mods.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8573 on: November 26, 2021, 07:29:05 AM »
well...

Looks like nepnep is adding another tick box to her checklist of hardships.  Furry, mentally handicapped, has to work a job interacting with customers, is black, got fleeced by family on a versa note, volunteer mod for a forum more racist than stormfront, not legally allowed to kill yt babies, burdened with the ability to know someone’s blood-alcohol levels over the internet, is a colonized person…and now they’re trans as well.

I wonder what next group nep will belong to also?

Ghoul

« Reply #8574 on: November 26, 2021, 08:27:16 AM »
that's so fucked up.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #8575 on: November 26, 2021, 08:30:52 AM »
i love how casual and happenstance the wife is about it. like the dude just let his tyres out or something.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8576 on: November 26, 2021, 08:38:31 AM »
thebore is watchpeopledie  ???
Uncle

Ghoul

« Reply #8577 on: November 26, 2021, 08:44:48 AM »
blame filler as usual.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8578 on: November 26, 2021, 08:52:55 AM »
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8579 on: November 26, 2021, 09:00:05 AM »