Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1825367 times)

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #9180 on: December 06, 2021, 06:49:06 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnet-psn-vice-president-fired-after-appearing-in-pedophile-sting-video.523806/page-4#post-78190305

User banned (permanent): Troll account
Shogun said:
Anybody who read the whole thread and seen all the evidence knew this was legit. Multiple selfie pics, dick pics, his actual address ect ect this wasn't just some chat logs.
I'm amazed people were brushing it off purely due to the person they saw reporting it, even with the heaps of evidence.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #9181 on: December 06, 2021, 07:40:55 AM »
"gay" guys sharking after cute young boy bussy are in denial. you're basically straight mate, deal with it. "i want a guy but with girly long hair, feminine features and a nice hairless ass to pound", whatever hetro.

real gays go for burly shit kicking BRAWN with a shot putter physique, an ass like sasquatch and a dodge charger in the garage. a man's man in the truest sense of the word.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9182 on: December 06, 2021, 07:51:58 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnet-psn-vice-president-fired-after-appearing-in-pedophile-sting-video.523806/page-4#post-78189759
Right, which gives credence to the "he was trying to hook up with someone on grindr" part. And someone with an axe to grind could have hooked up with him posing as an adult (getting the selfies and address etc.) and altered the conversation in the chat logs. Screenshots aren't inherently trustworthy, so it's wise to tread carefully. If there's something to it, the story is not going to end at some rando's tweets.
I'm glad to see this didn't just go away and Sony acted quickly!

As someone that owns and wears a PS4 logo shirt I think I'm gonna have to pass on a PS5 shirt now.
The shirt  :neogaf

As someone that owns and wears a PS4 logo shirt I think I'm gonna have to pass on a PS5 shirt now.

newsfeed immediately
Uncle

SmokyDave

« Reply #9183 on: December 06, 2021, 07:52:00 AM »
real gays go for burly shit kicking BRAWN with a shot putter physique, an ass like sasquatch and a dodge charger in the garage. a man's man in the truest sense of the word.

:larry

What year is the Charger?

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #9184 on: December 06, 2021, 07:56:28 AM »

:larry

What year is the Charger?

'68 of course. he's not settling for one of those emission hamstrung hippy models from the 70s.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #9185 on: December 06, 2021, 11:17:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnet-psn-vice-president-fired-after-appearing-in-pedophile-sting-video.523806/page-7#post-78216657
I'm no expert, but legal wise, this seems like a bad attempt at a sting. Someone can be standing outside of their home for any number of reasons. Seems like it's much harder to prove intent here than if they had gotten him to go to a specific location.

I wonder if he would've gotten fired without the PS5 shirt.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9187 on: December 06, 2021, 11:31:35 AM »
Latinx  :nope

Latinxxx :ohyeah
©@©™

SmokyDave

« Reply #9188 on: December 06, 2021, 11:43:25 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/politico-democrats-fall-flat-with-%E2%80%98latinx%E2%80%99-language.523995/page-3#post-78221607

Quote from: astro
I'm really fucking sorry you have to deal with this shit.

I've asked the mods to look into enforcing a rule about how we speak about this term, it's really gross how conversations happen in these threads.

Man I hope they're humming the Star Spangled Banner as they go through and ban all the latinxs that don't know what's right for them.

Bang your head against a wall for long enough, and the wall might just move!

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9189 on: December 06, 2021, 11:43:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/2-new-costumes-from-marvel-studios’-spider-man-no-way-home-are-coming-to-marvel‘s-spider-man-remastered-ps5-on-12-10.524004/

Quote from: Neoxon, post: 78219378, member: 80
[MEDIA=twitter]1467886606614814723[/MEDIA]

Of course, we shouldn’t forget the shit Insomniac pulled & are still pulling. But I’m legit surprised they aren’t saving these costumes for the sequel.

Source: Insomniac Games (Twitter)

As long as you virtue signal, it fine to advertise for known sexual harassers  :salute
Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9190 on: December 06, 2021, 11:48:43 AM »
I've asked the mods to look into enforcing a rule about how we speak about this term, it's really gross how conversations happen in these threads.

:notlikethis

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #9191 on: December 06, 2021, 11:49:31 AM »
I've constantly wondered about who they're polling with this kind of stuff, since I'm sure we'd see the same type of opinions with the population at large with the use of pronouns, and I always think, "Why should I care what the majority think when the people who need this aren't a part of that population?"

I appreciate you speaking on this.

Cause you want to use this word for every Latino out there...

Pronouns are at least personal. You don't demand that everyone is from now on referred to with they/them

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9192 on: December 06, 2021, 11:59:05 AM »
I've constantly wondered about who they're polling with this kind of stuff, since I'm sure we'd see the same type of opinions with the population at large with the use of pronouns, and I always think, "Why should I care what the majority think when the people who need this aren't a part of that population?"

Pronouns are at least personal. You don't demand that everyone is from now on referred to with they/them

Yet. :sicko
©@©™

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9193 on: December 06, 2021, 12:08:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/afghanistans-economy-is-collapsing-3-2-million-children-are-likely-to-suffer-malnutrition-1-million-risk-of-dying.520842/page-10#post-77983569
I can’t do it.
I’ve been on ERA since day fucking one.
I had never, EVER ignored even a single poster here. As much stupidity as I had read through these years I always tried to maintain some composure regarding that button. But I can’t do it anymore, here we have an imperialistic shitter defending the United States of America war fucking crimes and justifying invasions and more imperialistic bullshit.
Fuck you. Fuck the US government, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF ITS WAR CRIMINALS(all presidents) and FUCK every single fucking Warhawk bootlicker shitter that has the “gall” to call themselves a “progressive.

And to you probably reading the report I’m about to get, do it. Make my day. I won’t get a grudge over the moderation team, I always knew that imperialistic American shitposts were defensible positions on this website. Prove me right. Your choice to ban me for a month or permanently. I don’t even care anymore.

SmokyDave

« Reply #9194 on: December 06, 2021, 12:09:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/licorice-pizza-faces-criticism-for-scenes-involving-fake-asian-accent.523989/#post-78220518

Quote from: nsilvias
speaking with a british accent for fun is one thing, speaking with an offensive accent is another

Ah, glad that's clarified. As an Englishman I had thought the entire concept of a 'British accent' was pretty ignorant, but now I know better.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/politico-democrats-fall-flat-with-%E2%80%98latinx%E2%80%99-language.523995/page-4#post-78223464

Yes it is.

You do not yet to propose other words for people to use when they have one they idenify with. It doesn't matter, at all, about the way you think language should be.
Oooh, I reckon this 'principle' would crumble if I chose one of, oh, about 18,000 words and claimed I 'idenified' with it.

What you mean is 'you don't get to tell me, I get to tell you'. Good luck with that.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9195 on: December 06, 2021, 12:22:39 PM »

How legit are these accents.  :rash

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9196 on: December 06, 2021, 12:35:14 PM »
Keep using Latinx! It is very important to use diverse and inclusive language at all times!

Also China is a great country that supports human rights and an important economic partner to help us #buildbackbetter.
We cannot let petty grievances and personal preferences guide foreign policy. We need a steady hand and expert she/him/they/them diplomats to navigate through these important issues.
Look just because this Russian pee tape and collusion isn't real, doesn't mean there aren't others to investigate.

Do not listen to these alt-right extremists who talk about rationality, logic and polls. The climate is literally dying so let your emotions speak for you.
Who cares whatever the fuck the working middle class wants, they are all a bunch of TERFS anyway.
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9197 on: December 06, 2021, 01:01:58 PM »
Fuck you. Fuck the US government, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF ITS WAR CRIMINALS(all presidents)

:kinison :dead
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #9198 on: December 06, 2021, 01:11:10 PM »
And to you probably reading the report I’m about to get, do it. Make my day.

:batman

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9199 on: December 06, 2021, 01:33:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/licorice-pizza-faces-criticism-for-scenes-involving-fake-asian-accent.523989/#post-78220518

speaking with a british accent for fun is one thing, speaking with an offensive accent is another

Ah, glad that's clarified. As an Englishman I had thought the entire concept of a 'British accent' was pretty ignorant, but now I know better.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/politico-democrats-fall-flat-with-%E2%80%98latinx%E2%80%99-language.523995/page-4#post-78223464

Yes it is.

You do not yet to propose other words for people to use when they have one they idenify with. It doesn't matter, at all, about the way you think language should be.
Oooh, I reckon this 'principle' would crumble if I chose one of, oh, about 18,000 words and claimed I 'idenified' with it.

What you mean is 'you don't get to tell me, I get to tell you'. Good luck with that.
According to ResetEra, it's Br*tish

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #9200 on: December 06, 2021, 01:53:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/afghanistans-economy-is-collapsing-3-2-million-children-are-likely-to-suffer-malnutrition-1-million-risk-of-dying.520842/page-10#post-77983569
I can’t do it.
I had never, EVER ignored even a single poster here. As much stupidity as I had read through these years I always tried to maintain some composure regarding that button. But I can’t do it anymore, here we have an imperialistic shitter defending the United States of America war fucking crimes and justifying invasions and more imperialistic bullshit.
Fuck you. Fuck the US government, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF ITS WAR CRIMINALS(all presidents) and FUCK every single fucking Warhawk bootlicker shitter that has the “gall” to call themselves a “progressive.

And to you probably reading the report I’m about to get, do it. Make my day. I won’t get a grudge over the moderation team, I always knew that imperialistic American shitposts were defensible positions on this website. Prove me right. Your choice to ban me for a month or permanently. I don’t even care anymore.

nobody quoted him  :lol
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #9201 on: December 06, 2021, 02:00:58 PM »

Yes it is.

wow, GamerGate twitter all conspiring.

The GG are even in that Era thread.  They are everywhere.  Gah, there is one outside my window!
sigh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9202 on: December 06, 2021, 02:11:56 PM »
Don't listen to that gamergater keep using Latinx!!!
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9203 on: December 06, 2021, 02:27:16 PM »
I can’t do it.

nobody quoted him  :lol
Mods not giving him what he wanted  :lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9204 on: December 06, 2021, 02:30:56 PM »
FACT CHECK:

User Banned (5 Days): Hostility; Prior Bans for Hostility
©@©™

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9205 on: December 06, 2021, 02:32:05 PM »
Don't listen to that gamergater keep using Latinx!!!

There's even further places to go

https://twitter.com/balajis/status/1456347066263691265
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 02:37:17 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9206 on: December 06, 2021, 02:38:21 PM »
I see Jeff Epstein's PC guy found a new job.

I mean, how wonderfully diverse and inclusive. Only bigots and Nazi's can be against such amazing progress.
🤴

Drainage

« Reply #9207 on: December 06, 2021, 03:00:45 PM »
Quote from: excelsiorlef
This thread is probably gonna reduce Era's trans numbers down even lower.

Good job y'all remember to celebrate when the Era logo gets all prettied up with our flag though

Allyship!

I’m sure all 13 of them will be devastated at no longer having the ability to dictate every discussion on the site.

Oh wait, thread locked. Nevermind.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #9208 on: December 06, 2021, 03:03:14 PM »
minorities leaving in droves!
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #9209 on: December 06, 2021, 03:12:04 PM »

Alot of people on era do.

« Reply #9210 on: December 06, 2021, 03:28:13 PM »
The Latinx shit is one of the most absurd semantics arguments I have ever seen.  "We already have a gender-neutral term" is met with "NO, I want to use this one!"  and bam, you've lost 40% of an incredibly vital voting bloc. 

NGL, both sides are fragile as fuck here if the reaction is anything more than a mild cringe, but only one group is allegedly endangering themselves by remaining stubborn on this ultimately inconsequential topic.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9211 on: December 06, 2021, 03:34:46 PM »
So they locked the thread largely because of that one person saying they use latinx to feel included, but then you check their profile and it says male...

edit: nevermind, in one post they say they're leaning non-binary.

Though comments like this are also just...

As someone whose humanity has been debated all over this thread, I’m fucking exhausted. You’ve shown me enough. Please just stop, I get it, you hate me and everything about people like me, and won’t stop until we’re all dead. Say it however you want, at the end of the day, all of your bullshit posts just lead to that same outcome, and it isn’t cute trying to hide how ecstatic so many of you will be when your precious Latinidad is 100% what you’ve always envisioned - cishet only and all.

like no, no one is denying your humanity when they don't like the word latinx
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 03:39:53 PM by HaughtyFrank »

« Reply #9212 on: December 06, 2021, 03:35:23 PM »
Man, They got fucking destroyed in that poll.  :lol

Brazilian here and one of the few things we are actually proud about is our languange so fuck this latinx, latine garbage.
It's latino and latina, so go fuck yourself.

Boredfrom

« Reply #9213 on: December 06, 2021, 03:36:58 PM »
Being fair, there is young college students here in Mexico that want to push for this stuff. They are stupid leftist idiots college freshmen, but there is insane young people here that will push it.

tuna_love

« Reply #9214 on: December 06, 2021, 03:37:36 PM »
latwinks  :supergay

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #9215 on: December 06, 2021, 03:37:52 PM »
the big problem, imo, with latinx is it looks and sounds fucking stupid, its like what a mexican goths xbox live username would have been in 2006 or some shit :doge
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9216 on: December 06, 2021, 03:57:41 PM »
Man, They got fucking destroyed in that poll.  :lol

Brazilian here and one of the few things we are actually proud about is our languange so fuck this latinx, latine garbage.
It's latino and latina, so go fuck yourself.

brigadeiros are fucking amazing, the brazilians are wise folk  :salute
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #9217 on: December 06, 2021, 03:59:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-co-worker-is-about-to-die-of-covid-and-im-struggling-to-give-a-shit.523590/page-7

Saying somebody should die does not necessarily mean you are wishing for or advocating death imo. I have not seen anyone literally celebrating or wishing in this thread.

:mindblown
Oi Oi

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9218 on: December 06, 2021, 04:06:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-co-worker-is-about-to-die-of-covid-and-im-struggling-to-give-a-shit.523590/page-7

Saying somebody should die does not necessarily mean you are wishing for or advocating death imo. I have not seen anyone literally celebrating or wishing in this thread.

RE factcheck:

If you say "This guy should die"= You don't actually wish for that guy to die
If you say "Latinx is dumb" = You literally want trans people to die

clothedmacuser

« Reply #9219 on: December 06, 2021, 04:09:00 PM »
So they locked the thread largely because of that one person saying they use latinx to feel included, but then you check their profile and it says male...

As someone whose humanity has been debated all over this thread, I’m fucking exhausted. You’ve shown me enough. Please just stop, I get it, you hate me and everything about people like me, and won’t stop until we’re all dead. Say it however you want, at the end of the day, all of your bullshit posts just lead to that same outcome, and it isn’t cute trying to hide how ecstatic so many of you will be when your precious Latinidad is 100% what you’ve always envisioned - cishet only and all.

Holy crap.  Take a chill pill

:lol  These posts pair nicely.  It really shows how wishing death on the others is just a joke but them wishing it on you is "call the FBI!"
sigh

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #9220 on: December 06, 2021, 04:09:01 PM »
espix

ShutUp

« Reply #9221 on: December 06, 2021, 04:09:37 PM »

Good job y'all remember to celebrate when the Era logo gets all prettied up with our flag though

Allyship!

(Image removed from quote.)

I’m sure all 13 of them will be devastated at no longer having the ability to dictate every discussion on the site.

Oh wait, thread locked. Nevermind.

And that poll is why they locked it. Lock it and bury the evidence!  :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #9222 on: December 06, 2021, 04:11:29 PM »
Why is latin not in the poll ?

Averon

« Reply #9223 on: December 06, 2021, 04:13:04 PM »

Allyship!
:show

Seriously, how many times has minorities been driven from ERA in droves, now? Seems like that happens every other week. If so, why do minorities continue to come back to such a bigoted forum?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9224 on: December 06, 2021, 04:20:01 PM »

ok well whatever it does actually mean, less of that, please  :doge
Uncle

Averon

« Reply #9225 on: December 06, 2021, 04:22:11 PM »

What a fucking drama queen, and a blatant case of emotional manipulation at that. Of course, the mods were dumb enough to fall for it and locked the thread. Now we wait for the inevitable ban wave of users in that thread that made sensible, inoffensive points but dared to disagree with a couple of drama queens.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #9227 on: December 06, 2021, 04:40:10 PM »
does the x in latinx stand for xtreme? if so i may change my position :hmm
(ice)

Drainage

« Reply #9228 on: December 06, 2021, 04:59:12 PM »
Ugh, just when I was so close to not killing myself. Be better, rest of humanity, or else I just might actually do it! I don’t know how much more I can take, on today of all days.

BIONIC

« Reply #9230 on: December 06, 2021, 05:18:07 PM »
does the x in latinx stand for xtreme? if so i may change my position :hmm

Apparently

https://www.resetera.com/threads/politico-democrats-fall-flat-with-‘latinx’-language.523995/#post-78219051

I prefer latinx and am happy when people use it to include me, personally speaking.

I know latine exists but it's so ugly, latinx sounds cool and badass imo

:dice
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9231 on: December 06, 2021, 05:35:40 PM »
I agree latine sounds like latrine  :yuck
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9232 on: December 06, 2021, 05:54:47 PM »
Yeah no, I was honestly asking a genuine question, but this thread honestly might be what gets me to leave Era.

Y’all have been toxic as hell lately.

:lol
Thread locked per OP's request

:lol
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9233 on: December 06, 2021, 06:04:20 PM »
Why is latin not in the poll ?
That would be the Anglicised equivalent, therefore it's way too much common sense for this stupid fucking argument.
Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #9234 on: December 06, 2021, 06:07:14 PM »
I know latine exists but it's so ugly, latinx sounds cool and badass imo

It sounds like an AIM username.  You're all distinguished mentally-challenged.

Vertigo

« Reply #9235 on: December 06, 2021, 06:14:29 PM »
Saw the poll results and knew that ‘latinx' thread was not going to be open for much longer.

So cowardly from the mods, discussion was mild but these ‘numerous reports’ means we have to shut up shop for the proles own protection.

BIONIC

« Reply #9236 on: December 06, 2021, 06:18:39 PM »
I agree latine sounds like latrine  :drool

Fixed
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9237 on: December 06, 2021, 06:24:06 PM »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9238 on: December 06, 2021, 06:32:11 PM »

Hi. I’m Mexican. I’m male, leaning on non-binary, but people like you make me afraid to say I’m anything but male. I’ll give you the educated part.

I use Latinx, and people like you make me want to kill myself. I used to feel that way basically every day, until some kind folks found way to include people like me within our community with this word. Now, I mostly just feel it when shit like this comes around. Please, tell me to my face none of this is a problem.
Same user

Boredfrom

« Reply #9239 on: December 06, 2021, 06:37:40 PM »
.  Hi. I’m MexicanI’m male, leaning on non-binary, but people like you make me afraid to say I’m anything but male. I’ll give you the educated part.

I use Latinx, and people like you make me want to kill myself. I used to feel that way basically every day, until some kind folks found way to include people like me within our community with this word. Now, I mostly just feel it when shit like this comes around. Please, tell me to my face none of this is a problem.

DEJA DE USAR TUMBLR, TWITTER Y RESETERA PENDEJO.