Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1786150 times)

ShutUp

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #23280 on: June 28, 2022, 11:04:19 AM »
that civil war scene always makes me laugh.

I like how some poster mentions it's only one frame of one scene from the movie.

That' whole fight scene backdrop is the lamest shit I've seen this side of lois and clark

Many of them also seem to think videos they posted that say “hey this thing in this scene was actually CGI” means good cinematography.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #23281 on: June 28, 2022, 11:19:51 AM »
I don't care how the movie looks as long as it has a post credits stinger and lots of cameos!

:dead

that civil war scene always makes me laugh.

I like how some poster mentions it's only one frame of one scene from the movie.

That' whole fight scene backdrop is the lamest shit I've seen this side of lois and clark

Many of them also seem to think videos they posted that say “hey this thing in this scene was actually CGI” means good cinematography.

Using a black panther vfx breakdown. :lol

jorma

« Reply #23282 on: June 28, 2022, 11:25:29 AM »
You know you could have just posted a positive thread about how good The Batman looks without the unnecessary, and frankly irrelevant comparison to a thematically unrelated movie series, right?

Oh so all those Snyder threads don’t exist? They can’t handle the shoe being on the other foot in this instance  :lol

imagine living in a world where a batman movie is "thematically unrelated" to an avengers movie  :lol

"yo, wanna come watch deer hunter with me tonight?"
"ah.. idk.. what are his super powers? just being good at hunting deer sounds kinda lame tbh"

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23284 on: June 28, 2022, 11:37:51 AM »
They've also moved to the worst part of those discussions "must be right because box office numbers" Vs "the masses are swine". The MCU apologetics are a little out of this world ("they look better than anything except a miniscule amount of auteur films" 🙈) but not a lot of people are coming across very sympathetic in this whole discussion.
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23285 on: June 28, 2022, 11:40:02 AM »
That Thor clip they posted does look pretty horrific. Like some TV commercial where they obviously don't have a budget beyond getting the actors in their costumes

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #23286 on: June 28, 2022, 11:44:05 AM »
The only thing better visually about those movies are the web swinging scenes and that's only because the MCU Spidy trilogy has super weak web slinging scenes if only because they have a different approach to character expression/growth than learning or showing web slinging.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23287 on: June 28, 2022, 11:53:42 AM »
Crossing Eden has over 20 posts in just the last three pages of that thread.  :heh

He legit reached the "it's not supposed to look good" stage

Frankly I don't think anyone involved with those productions wished it could look like a mainstream auteur film and instead, understood the assignment. Kids/families aren't going into that movie theater hoping "Man I hope this is shot like Dune. Or The Batman. Or Bladerunner. Or Her."

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23288 on: June 28, 2022, 11:54:59 AM »
also I thought the VFX in The Phantom Vomiter Returns were a huge downgrade from the ones in the first film, there is clearly a scene where he's eating corn and then later when he stops the terrorists with his vomit they didn't render a single kernel.  I know a lot of people wouldn't think this matters but in the comics they always make a point of showing that he vomits according to his personal struggles, whatever he is going through in life, and if you can't be arsed to do it correctly then why are we even invested when he vomits?  It's devoid of emotion and leaves you feeling empty inside (much like the Phantom Vomiter himself)
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands

ShutUp

« Reply #23290 on: June 28, 2022, 12:03:40 PM »
Crossing Eden has over 20 posts in just the last three pages of that thread.  :heh

He legit reached the "it's not supposed to look good" stage

Frankly I don't think anyone involved with those productions wished it could look like a mainstream auteur film and instead, understood the assignment. Kids/families aren't going into that movie theater hoping "Man I hope this is shot like Dune. Or The Batman. Or Bladerunner. Or Her."

“Mainstream auteur film”  :walkaway

I guess a movie having its own visual identity is an auteur thing now.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23291 on: June 28, 2022, 12:15:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvel-brings-back-x-men-2099-to-celebrate-the-30th-anniversary-of-the-2099-universe-yo-this-phoenix-design-is-amazing.601437/#post-89188020

Quote from: Slayven
Quote from: Weiss
It's not 2099 if the characters aren't stupid looking.

These look too nice.

You have bad taste
(Image removed from quote.)

:huh
ど助平

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23292 on: June 28, 2022, 12:24:17 PM »
I thought Jason Schreier knew for a fact persona wasn't coming to switch like 1 or 2 years ago where is he now
Jason comes in
It's pretty funny how people just come onto this website and make things up.

You're referring to three years ago, when rumors of something called "P5S" were circulating, the Nintendo insiders were telling everyone that Persona 5 was coming to Switch, and I reported that actually, P5S was something else entirely. At the time Atlus had no intention of bringing Persona 5 to Switch, as I said. In April of 2019.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/persona-5-royal-persona-4-golden-and-persona-3-portable-confirmed-for-nintendo-switch-via-atlus-site.601296/page-3#post-89180214

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23293 on: June 28, 2022, 12:54:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/change-the-settings-on-your-relatives-tv-cable-we-must-do-what-we-can-to-cut-them-off-from-gb-news-newsmax-fox-news-etc-do-it-now.601416/

the fuck?
This seems pointless? They'll just ask you or their cable provider to get the channels back.
:brain

"my tv stopped working like I wanted it to so I bought a brand new one that works again, your inheritance is $600 smaller"
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23294 on: June 28, 2022, 01:02:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/change-the-settings-on-your-relatives-tv-cable-we-must-do-what-we-can-to-cut-them-off-from-gb-news-newsmax-fox-news-etc-do-it-now.601416/#post-89189934
Take it one step further and cut them out of your life.
Why do people seek advices from that site?

This is pointless as Youtube exists.
For the older and less tech savvy generations it will be quite effective.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23295 on: June 28, 2022, 01:16:56 PM »
The fuck do these people want? Throwing his kids in jail on his behalf as well? He got caught at 101 years old, not at 60 or 70 and he got a sentence that virtually ensures he dies in prison.

If you believe the point of prison is to rehabilitate so that someone does not repeat that crime again, its kinda moot how long he got, because its not like hes going to go be a guard at a concentration camp again when he gets out

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23297 on: June 28, 2022, 01:22:37 PM »

You're referring to three years ago, when rumors of something called "P5S" were circulating, the Nintendo insiders were telling everyone that Persona 5 was coming to Switch, and I reported that actually, P5S was something else entirely. At the time Atlus had no intention of bringing Persona 5 to Switch, as I said. In April of 2019.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/persona-5-royal-persona-4-golden-and-persona-3-portable-confirmed-for-nintendo-switch-via-atlus-site.601296/page-3#post-89180214

isn't 3 years to write his super secret story nobody else knows about do not steal about par?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23298 on: June 28, 2022, 01:39:42 PM »
DISNEY©S MARVEL® MCU™ ARE TRUE KINO, STOP SAYING THEY AREN'T

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23299 on: June 28, 2022, 01:44:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/change-the-settings-on-your-relatives-tv-cable-we-must-do-what-we-can-to-cut-them-off-from-gb-news-newsmax-fox-news-etc-do-it-now.601416/

the fuck?
They'll probably definitely notice if you block Newsmax or OAN since you have to specially request them most places and then pay extra.

Quote from: The OP
I did consider removing the BBC channels
lol

Oh, look who it is justifying being a cop to your own relatives and telling you to watch something as an explanation:
Quote from: Messofanego
Don't do this. This will only cause trouble for already overworked, underpaid cable provider employees now having to act as Geek Squad when your elderly relatives call demanding to know where Tucker Carlson went. Be an adult, sit down with your relatives and have a conversation. If it doesn't work, at least you made an attempt to get through to them.
When you're down the alt right pipeline, having a nice and simple conversation won't be as effective as direct action. Again, watch The Brainwashing Of My Dad to see how this works.

benjipwns

« Reply #23300 on: June 28, 2022, 01:46:54 PM »
All he did was react to a fucking admin calling a black man racial slurs, which somehow is allowed in this instance (but don't you dare call Donald Trump fat or misgender Ezra Miller) and Nepenthe accuses him of "sticking his nose where it doesn't belong". What an asshole
The irony is the black person screaming about being able to sling racial slurs at another black person, under the guise of policing other black people. The person who is policing them? Another black person.

:crazy
I know Imran's commitment to ideology (and probably fear of getting banned) wouldn't allow him to do it but he shouldn't have apologized he should have asked her how her business was "Black people's business" just because she's Black and told her to fuck off.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23301 on: June 28, 2022, 01:54:29 PM »
All he did was react to a fucking admin calling a black man racial slurs, which somehow is allowed in this instance (but don't you dare call Donald Trump fat or misgender Ezra Miller) and Nepenthe accuses him of "sticking his nose where it doesn't belong". What an asshole
The irony is the black person screaming about being able to sling racial slurs at another black person, under the guise of policing other black people. The person who is policing them? Another black person.

:crazy
I know Imran's commitment to ideology (and probably fear of getting banned) wouldn't allow him to do it but he shouldn't have apologized he should have asked her how her business was "Black people's business" just because she's Black and told her to fuck off.

to his credit, he did not actually apologize for it, he very specifically retracted his statement

this was not lost on nepenthe

Quote from: nepenthe
It was a complete fuck up on his end, but he walked it back or whatever and now he knows for the future.
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23302 on: June 28, 2022, 01:57:16 PM »
yes I realize I have become no better than these people in recognizing the linguistic minutiae and sleight-of-hand the same way they do

:existential
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #23303 on: June 28, 2022, 02:06:13 PM »
yes I realize I have become no better than these people in recognizing the linguistic minutiae and sleight-of-hand the same way they do

:existential
know thy enemy

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #23304 on: June 28, 2022, 02:14:38 PM »
for the enemyth knowth you

th

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #23305 on: June 28, 2022, 02:23:37 PM »
deeth nut’th
Margs

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #23306 on: June 28, 2022, 02:26:13 PM »

the fuck?
They'll probably definitely notice if you block Newsmax or OAN since you have to specially request them most places and then pay extra.

Quote from: The OP
I did consider removing the BBC channels
lol

Oh, look who it is justifying being a cop to your own relatives and telling you to watch something as an explanation:
Don't do this. This will only cause trouble for already overworked, underpaid cable provider employees now having to act as Geek Squad when your elderly relatives call demanding to know where Tucker Carlson went. Be an adult, sit down with your relatives and have a conversation. If it doesn't work, at least you made an attempt to get through to them.
When you're down the alt right pipeline, having a nice and simple conversation won't be as effective as direct action. Again, watch The Brainwashing Of My Dad to see how this works.

The BBC :girlaff
(ice)

BIONIC

« Reply #23307 on: June 28, 2022, 02:34:34 PM »
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23308 on: June 28, 2022, 02:55:32 PM »
Rip filler's hog  :cry

NekoFever

« Reply #23309 on: June 28, 2022, 03:18:57 PM »
I thought Jason Schreier knew for a fact persona wasn't coming to switch like 1 or 2 years ago where is he now
Jason comes in

How quickly they forgive the phobic crimes of Katsura Hashino  :goty

Propagandhim

« Reply #23310 on: June 28, 2022, 03:26:14 PM »

This poor woman is using an antenna to receive tv where you can only get a few channels, and her funkopop collecting, marvel fanfic-writing manchild who probably lives with her, is removing her channels and lying to her about it.

edit:  Or maybe you can receive bad signal with cable?  I know there are ANTOP antenas that let you get channels like Fox news.  Either way, dude needs to get fucked literally and figuratively.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 03:33:53 PM by Propagandhim »

benjipwns

« Reply #23311 on: June 28, 2022, 03:33:11 PM »

This poor woman is using an antenna to receive tv where you can only get a few channels, and her funkopop collecting, marvel fanfic-writing manchild who probably lives with her, is removing her channels and lying to her about it.
Any means necessary when getting someone back out of the alt-right chud pipeline that causes them to vote the wrong way.

Listen to the man who watched a documentary on YouTube probably and polices his wife's content viewing:
This "direct action" will be effective for less than a few hours, plus an innocent person's day will be ruined by having to answer to an irate right-wing ditto head screaming about how the libs have "taken away" their beloved Fox News because someone thought they'd be cute and delete access to it temporarily.

All this accomplishes is to piss multiple people off.

Not one single person on Earth who loses access to Fox News for a few hours, will suddenly have a come to Jesus moment and stop attempting to view it.
No need to put quote marks when it is action and is disruptive. That inconvenience can be enough for people to rethink. All a conversation would do is show how they a nice tone and respect won't do much when they are not interested in reciprocating that. That only works if your relative is interested in good faith discussions. It is meant to piss people off. Convince yourself that no single person on Earth would change their ways with such actions, so that you can bat off criticisms to your approach.

Propagandhim

« Reply #23312 on: June 28, 2022, 03:36:43 PM »
I wonder if Mess thought for 1 second if any of these tactics would work on him and his precise and expedient world view?  "Hey dude, I'm gonna have to add Resetera dot com to your blocklist because they seem to be eliminating any alternate voices and explanations for some of the things you beli..."

:waluigi

Fuck oOooOOoFfff

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23313 on: June 28, 2022, 03:42:18 PM »
I have a friend falling down the resetera pipeline and ngl I briefly imagined getting into his router and blocking discord

fuck that he's my friend
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23314 on: June 28, 2022, 03:44:04 PM »
"I always thought these people were idiots but when they did something that really pissed me off they completely convinced me"

Propagandhim

« Reply #23315 on: June 28, 2022, 03:44:40 PM »
"I always thought these people were idiots but when they did something that really pissed me off they completely convinced me"

It's totally bound to work.  It's fool-proof.

Propagandhim

« Reply #23316 on: June 28, 2022, 03:50:44 PM »

This fucker is going on the "era users that won't confront their family during Thanksgiving" spreadsheet that Nepenthe is keeping.  There will be a cleansing.  There shall be a culling.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23317 on: June 28, 2022, 04:03:36 PM »
how you know your principles are entirely compromised:

fox news isn't bad because it lies, it's bad because it tells the bad kind of lies instead of nice uplifting lies  :heart

like "aw gee that's too bad your TV's not working right, shucks I don't know why that could've happened"
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #23318 on: June 28, 2022, 04:09:51 PM »
Dismissing ABSOLUTELY REAL DANGERS alert:
Try making a thread about like, Ion Fury, and 80% of responses will be like "fuck this game" but with this one, a lot of folks on here just kinda seem to want to ignore the elephant in the room. It's weird. Is it because 'it's a good game' and not as easy to boycott as a niche indie thing?

Like, I get it for all the folks out there who don't really follow games discourse, whatever, but this forum is basically games discourse writ large lol
People know. They don't care. At this point everyone who comes to these threads knows what went on with the developer of this game and have chosen not to care. That's about what almost every post in this thread is.
There's plenty of stuff people enjoy that have assholes involved in its creation process, we even have threads on Kanye's new albums that reach over 30 pages here and that's even from a sole creator, not a studio with close to 200 employees, and that's from someone with a much wider influence than the director of a fairly niche game.

Not everyone is going to join in on the meta commentary every single time just to appease some posters who don't like a person involved or whatever. Not everyone is terminally online and want to engage in every single point of conversation.

This has been commented on for years in every single thread, what even is there to discuss any more
Ah, so people who rightfully continue to point at Vavras GamerGate antics are "terminally online" because they "don't like a person or whatever"? Way to dismiss absolutely real dangers.
Yeah because this has been commented on in every thread for years, and posts like that say "people don't care" simply because some people are not repeating ad nausem the same thing some posters have expecations of other posters all to do, is exactly what I mean, if you don't engage to appease the opinion they share, you don't care, even if one might share the same opinion. If you bothered to read the rest of the context of what I wrote then you'd understand. You're acting like this is the first KC:D thread to have ever been made.

People like the game and nobody needs to appease the expectations of others and repeat the same thing that has been repeated forerever to justify any discussion they have about the game.

The expectation that every poster has to preface any opinion about the game ad nausem with stuff like saying Vávra's an asshole is just theatrics at this point. And when someone doesn't, there are posts like "they don't care". If you don't preface anything you say about the game you get such comments. Nobody says you can't bring up the dev, but some posters acting like if you don't preface that with your own discussion/opinionof the game, then it's like an automatic approval of him. It's pretty toxic
what kinda soft defense of gamergate shit is this
gamergate literally happened & thrived because most corners were either too cowardly to call the sexism & bigotry out, or outright favored it

it's absolutely worthwhile to make sure the stench of that garbage follows this game & its creator everytime, or when the next phase of that shit inevitably happens the non-response will likely be the same
22 posts out of 52 replies (including mine) have brought it up and I don't think there's been a KCD thread where it hasn't been mentioned. Ion Fury had the bigotry in the text or at least in the game assets, while most of the bigotry for this game has been mostly outside of the game with this Daniel Vavra chud so that might explain the disparity in responses. Ion Fury also got praise so I don't think it's people excusing it just because of game quality. There might be some people who just don't care or people who have ignored these developers and don't come into every thread about it.
Kingdom Come is a game claiming to be historically accurate while falsely depicting what was an ethnically diverse region of eastern Europe at the time, existing before the concept of "white" identity had metastasized into what it is now. It is an inherently racist white male power fantasy. Not in the traditional VG sense of just being focused on a white male lead who is the hero of the story which is incidentally racist and sexist but instead with what is clearly an intentional whitewashing effort and using subversion of the "hero character" trope as a way to make people take it more seriously than it deserves.
Art, media in general and video games in particular are not singular things that exist without context. A game is always linked to those who made it, to the things it depicts, etc. So yes, when you go in to a discussion where a very problematic aspect of the topic is being discussed and you ignore that and just praise the thing itself then that comes off as dismissve of the discussion that is happening around you.

I would absolutely preface every positive discussion about Harry Potter with a BIG disclaimer how I view JKR and would carefully try to align these things in a way that somehow makes sense. And when I get the feeling I can't then maybe I've learned something about how far one can go in separating art from artist.

Which is to say: I won't touch HP with a ten-foot pole now. Similarily, I won't touch anything KC:D or similar stuff where Vavra was involved. Gaming would be better off when he wouldn't be part of this culture anymore. At least until he (convincingly) changes his mind and shows he means it.

GG was not a thing that maybe happened a few years ago and a few people got into a twitter flame war and that was it. This toxic shit destroyed and keeps destroying lives around us. It keeps dwelling in gaming culture and it's the continued resonsibility of the community at large and us here in particular (with what this board represents etc.) to continue to combat it. Mentioning it and acknowledging it is the least we can and should do.
Feeling the need to add an addendum saying the bad thing is bad, is not a bad thing if people do it because they want to acknowledge the bad elephant in the room, because they themselves wouldn't feel right if they were to just praise the product when they know about the bad elephant. If it's to appease the sense that if you don't explicitly denounce it you might be seen by others as not opposing it, there shouldn't be pressure to do that. While there's always something unpleasant about seeing people praise a room housing a bad elephant, people shouldn't assume malice when someone doesn't acknowledge it. Could be ignorance or nuance present.

The ignorance part is why things like Dan Vavra supporting a misogynist anti free speech political cancel culture harassment campaign, should be brought up ad nauseam in perpetuity across the universe. Or until they make amends and redeem themselves, assuming such a thing is possible.

But there's nuance in regards to how people opt to respond to people relevant to the creation of a product being a shitfuck. If you're aware of a bad, buying the product anyway doesn't mean you don't care about the bad, it means that at that point in time you care more about what you might gain from experiencing the product than opposing whatever bad aspect is associated with it.

I acknowledge hypocritical consumption under capitalism, the impossibility of standing against everything, nobody's perfect, self-care, whatever other nuances etc. It's not always some binary thing where if you buy the bad product you're definitely and solely bad. Failing to disengage from it isn't like some eternal condemnation of your soul. Whether from the viewpoint of the general public, or yourself, it can be fine, or you know, not too terrible, maybe you can make up for it elsewhere. But being willing to make a sacrifice for and showing commitment to a just cause, is something people should consider more often, over their own ego. And saving money by not buying a game you want to play is not some enormous sacrifice. Few games are that special.

No one can always do everything, everyone should sometimes do something, is basically where I've arrived at. It is quite a vague slacker motto, allowing me wiggle room for making myself not feel bad for not always doing the right thing or being flaky. But I think it also encourages me to take some kind of action more often and engage better with all the moral philosophy and values stuff. Stuff worth thinking about that I don't know if anyone will ever really fully figure out for themselves. People want things to be black and white, but there's all this luminosity and hue and opacity and shit. ...although sometimes it really is black and white.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #23319 on: June 28, 2022, 04:42:39 PM »
The big news to me is that it launched in 2018, I thought it was older :titus
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23320 on: June 28, 2022, 04:53:26 PM »
They're still upset because a medieval game that tried to be authentic as possible wasn't racially diverse...

I'm surprised there was so little outrage that the Northman had an all white cast.

NekoFever

« Reply #23321 on: June 28, 2022, 04:55:48 PM »
Kingdom Come is a game claiming to be historically accurate while falsely depicting what was an ethnically diverse region of eastern Europe at the time, existing before the concept of "white" identity had metastasized into what it is now. It is an inherently racist white male power fantasy. Not in the traditional VG sense of just being focused on a white male lead who is the hero of the story which is incidentally racist and sexist but instead with what is clearly an intentional whitewashing effort and using subversion of the "hero character" trope as a way to make people take it more seriously than it deserves.

true, there are not nearly enough germans in the game

:teehee :salute

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23322 on: June 28, 2022, 05:08:04 PM »
Wow, I'm shocked a mod or admin haven't lock that KCD thread.

benita

« Reply #23323 on: June 28, 2022, 05:15:52 PM »

the fuck?

Isn't this the dude that was taking an extended break for his mental health?

Also, I'll take "things that most definitely happened, pinky swear, for $200 Alex"

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23324 on: June 28, 2022, 05:16:49 PM »

the fuck?

Also, I'll take "things that most definitely happened, pinky swear, for $200 Alex"
After the former mod Matt made a joke.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23325 on: June 28, 2022, 05:19:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/huskies-should-be-banned-from-city-living.601209/page-5#post-89183859
No dogs should be banned, this thread is locked.
OP got 2 weeks ban for some insensitive joke

NekoFever

« Reply #23326 on: June 28, 2022, 05:22:09 PM »

the fuck?

He’s the one who had a meltdown because someone made a joke about his home screen. So far his mental health break appears to comprise limiting his daily new thread count to half a dozen.

NekoFever

« Reply #23327 on: June 28, 2022, 05:35:44 PM »
Im neurally divergent myself, and I prefer being romantically involved with robots myself. This is not a joke post, I genuinely have romantic feelings for robots.

That's interesting, what's the last robot you liked? I think they're pretty cute.

Spot, the Boston Dynamics robot.

benjipwns

« Reply #23328 on: June 28, 2022, 05:43:00 PM »
Why did the other guy ask about what cute robots and not what these "romantic feelings" apparently are? :hmm

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #23329 on: June 28, 2022, 05:45:17 PM »
They're still upset because a medieval game that tried to be authentic as possible wasn't racially diverse...

I'm surprised there was so little outrage that the Northman had an all white cast.

Tbf, most of the hate stems from the director being a bit of a dickhead, to put it mildly. The lack of diversity is just the gotcha.
(ice)

Propagandhim

« Reply #23330 on: June 28, 2022, 05:55:51 PM »

Crumb

• *cough*

Boredfrom

« Reply #23332 on: June 28, 2022, 06:14:51 PM »

Tbf, most of the hate stems from the director being a bit of a dickhead, to put it mildly. The lack of diversity is just the gotcha.

Nah. He is a dickhead but the hate was manufactured way before release. I remember people at GAF citing random tumblrs as proof that the game should be racially diverse.

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #23333 on: June 28, 2022, 06:45:17 PM »
Im neurally divergent myself, and I prefer being romantically involved with robots myself. This is not a joke post, I genuinely have romantic feelings for robots.

That's interesting, what's the last robot you liked? I think they're pretty cute.

Spot, the Boston Dynamics robot.

Jesus Christ, fallout new Vegas is REAL

FUME5

« Reply #23334 on: June 28, 2022, 07:23:32 PM »
The Clockwork Orange scene but he's forced to watch an endless loop of messy eating chicken wings.

ShutUp

« Reply #23335 on: June 28, 2022, 07:32:26 PM »
That chicken wing video is  :holeup :dayum :kobeyuck

Serious serial killer vibes. And now a woman has been forced to deal with…that…every day.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #23336 on: June 28, 2022, 07:40:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/huskies-should-be-banned-from-city-living.601209/page-5#post-89183859
No dogs should be banned, this thread is locked.
OP got 2 weeks ban for some insensitive joke

We all know it was for this.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-tops-5m-units-sold-since-february-2018-launch.601023/post-89170074
Best rpg of last gen, yeah Vavra is an ass but you didn’t have the Mafia remake threads constantly filled with endless Vavra reminders because people didn’t know he directed the original. It’s all theater

He's lucky it was only for two weeks.
sigh

BIONIC

« Reply #23337 on: June 28, 2022, 07:42:20 PM »
That chicken wing video is  :holeup :dayum :kobeyuck

Serious serial killer vibes. And now a woman has been forced to deal with…that…every day.

Not to mention now a child  :walkaway

Not to mention his clients since he’s apparently a “therapist”  :anhuld
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23338 on: June 28, 2022, 07:45:47 PM »
fuuucccccccccccccckkkkkkkk oooooooooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffff
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-pratt-im-not-a-religious-person-seeks-to-change-perceptions-about-his-religious-views-denies-attending-hillsong-church.601590/
I'm not Christian so I wouldn't be able to say, but is it normal for a 'non-religious' person, especially an adult, to still attend church? Anyway, his words below.
He should focus more on his racist kid than an adult going to church.

benjipwns

« Reply #23339 on: June 28, 2022, 08:05:56 PM »
Not to mention his clients since he’s apparently a “therapist”  :anhuld
"Doc, lately I just haven't been feeling fulfilled..."
"Watch this six part YouTube series and we'll talk next week."

spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Doc, those videos were completely stupid. Why did you make me watch them?"
"The first step of change is getting pissed off at the person bettering you, so we're seeing progress already."
[close]