Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1785214 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #23340 on: June 28, 2022, 08:36:23 PM »
Neutrally divergent.

Good stuff.

benita

« Reply #23341 on: June 28, 2022, 08:42:40 PM »

ShutUp

« Reply #23342 on: June 28, 2022, 08:52:09 PM »
That chicken wing video is  :holeup :dayum :kobeyuck

Serious serial killer vibes. And now a woman has been forced to deal with…that…every day.

Not to mention now a child  :walkaway

Not to mention his clients since he’s apparently a “therapist”  :anhuld

:crazy

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #23343 on: June 28, 2022, 09:02:11 PM »
That chicken wing video is  :holeup :dayum :kobeyuck

Serious serial killer vibes. And now a woman has been forced to deal with…that…every day.

Not to mention now a child  :walkaway

Not to mention his clients since he’s apparently a “therapist”  :anhuld

:crazy

Imagine not knowing about all the mess mess lore  :girlaff

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I hate myself for knowing so much about this sack of shit  :stahp
[close]
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #23344 on: June 28, 2022, 09:24:32 PM »

Polident Hive

« Reply #23345 on: June 28, 2022, 10:45:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-pratt-im-not-a-religious-person-seeks-to-change-perceptions-about-his-religious-views-denies-attending-hillsong-church.601590/post-89219079

wow what a piece of shit

Says a lot that I'm not clear if this dude is joking or not.

Having listened and learned, I will be boycotting the upcoming Thor 5 featuring CP. Heartbreaking not to support Disney, but as an ally, it’s a sacrifice I must make.

Getting word they released a Jurassic Park movie last month with Pr*tt. My boycott transcends time. Glad my money went to Top Gun Maverick and Tom Cruise instead.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #23346 on: June 28, 2022, 10:59:19 PM »
Oh shut the fuck up Chris. I don’t believe anything you say and your Mario is going to suck.

:thinking

I think we found the core of their hate.  Besides that time he eye raped Leslie from Parks and Rec. 
sigh

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23347 on: June 28, 2022, 11:00:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/january-6th-committee-public-hearings.590625/page-57#post-89203275
My wife tells me it would make her so happy if it's a woman's testimony that takes down Trump.
:dunno

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23348 on: June 28, 2022, 11:49:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/january-6th-committee-public-hearings.590625/page-61#post-89215059
why did I look up what Amber Heard 2.0 was on twitter trending. good lord these fuckin people
When it's a woman they are attacking it comes with misogyny on top of everything else.
:spiders

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23349 on: June 29, 2022, 12:12:15 AM »
why did I look up what Amber Heard 2.0 was on twitter trending. good lord these fuckin people
This isn't how you do it, unless it's sports you have to think of the stupidest thing you can think of before you click anything that's trending.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #23350 on: June 29, 2022, 12:38:24 AM »
Hillsong is pretty deranged though and ran by a pedophile.

Which makes it surprising that reset aren't into it  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #23351 on: June 29, 2022, 12:51:39 AM »
UPDATE:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/top-gun-maverick-crosses-one-billion-dollars.600513/post-89084760
Quote from: Punchline
User banned (2 weeks): drive-by posting, inflammatory commentary, prior bans for inflammatory commentary

Good for the military complex fans who drink propaganda like a baby bottle

benjipwns

« Reply #23352 on: June 29, 2022, 12:57:18 AM »
Seems like social media platforms are working overtime to bury and downplay anything related to Roe v Wade. It's chilling.
:hans1

It really does feel like some prologue to The Handmaids Tale.
It really is like my anime. :ohhh

BIONIC

« Reply #23353 on: June 29, 2022, 01:45:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-pratt-im-not-a-religious-person-seeks-to-change-perceptions-about-his-religious-views-denies-attending-hillsong-church.601590/page-7#post-89227638

Quote from: echoshifting, post: 89227026, member: 1917
So let me ask you, my dude, how do you feel about queer people and women's reproductive rights?

I hope this isn't too off topic. It's not ban bait. Just curious.

Quote from: echoshifting, post: 89227329, member: 1917
Uhhhh nothing to say, [USER=3060]PerfectFlaw[/USER]? My dude? Kind of uncomfortable. It would be so easy to clarify your positions.

Quote from: PerfectFlaw, post: 89227602, member: 3060
Lol. Well feel free to look through my posts, but I'm seriously trying to move away from this shithole country, in large part, because of the absolute assault on rights and just existing of anyone who isn't straight and white.

Like, if there's anything I think any sane person agrees on, it's women's rights, trans and cis. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Quote from: PerfectFlaw, post: 89227638, member: 3060
I'm gonna make this a new post and not just edit, but I'm busy putting my kids to bed and picking up food for my wife. I don't owe you an explanation on anything, quick or otherwise.

Seriously, go fuck yourself with your insinuations.

:rofl
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #23354 on: June 29, 2022, 01:52:41 AM »
UPDATE:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/top-gun-maverick-crosses-one-billion-dollars.600513/post-89084760
User banned (2 weeks): drive-by posting, inflammatory commentary, prior bans for inflammatory commentary

:hesright

fuuucccccccccccccckkkkkkkk oooooooooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffff
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-pratt-im-not-a-religious-person-seeks-to-change-perceptions-about-his-religious-views-denies-attending-hillsong-church.601590/
:cruise
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 02:03:29 AM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23355 on: June 29, 2022, 03:20:03 AM »
UPDATE:

Don’t you have Letterboxd reviews to plagiarize?
ὕβρις

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23356 on: June 29, 2022, 04:54:59 AM »
Quote from: Rioutous
Deleting my posts so I don't get called Matt Gaetz again, fuck right on off Resetera.

:lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ghislaine-maxwell-sentenced-to-20-years-for-sex-trafficking.601554/#post-89204259

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23357 on: June 29, 2022, 05:04:00 AM »
benjipwns favorite minority is in the news again :

https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-language-law-puts-quebecs-video-game-industry-at-risk-insiders-say.601773/

And French speakers have been especially weird as shit about this in the aggressive "preservation" of both their language

Non, John, tu es les zombies.
ὕβρις

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23358 on: June 29, 2022, 05:05:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/january-6th-committee-public-hearings.590625/page-64#post-89231163
Don't freak out about something she said she was told being denied by Trumpworld. If you freak out and going all "oh no, Fox has their gotcha now" you have been successfully conditioned. And I am sorry. I have a similar experience myself right now. Not a national scale, but court proceedings that I won, that the appellate court rejected on a technicality and told the first judge to redo it - the outcome should be the same, I know that intellectually, but I'm hugely distrustful of the court, everyone involved, my family and my whole future now (doesn't help that my Ex now thinks she can just deny me all visitations after the judge and CPS basically told her to STFU and do what I want initially).

So I get it. In the US of A powerful people and politicians never really faced consequences before unlike many other Western nations, so it feels like the smallest thing might throw this off. In truth, I'm unsure if your system will be strong enough to punish Trump and the other coup members. But it won't be this steering wheel story that makes or breaks the case. Especially not because someone told journalists "nuh-uh" outside any legal framework.
:what

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23359 on: June 29, 2022, 05:08:54 AM »
This isn’t really the case in Canada and the US. Europe is polyglot. It’s a normal thing. There’s no need to learn another language your likely never going to encounter enough to use if you don’t have family that doesn’t speak it and the international language of communication is English.

English being ubiquitous certainly facilitates it but it will depend on what sort of industry you're in and in what sort of capacity. Especially if you're moving to a permanent position and to reside in the host country, even in Euro capitals.
Also you know English becoming the Lingua Franca is not just a natural occurrence.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 05:13:39 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #23360 on: June 29, 2022, 05:14:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/january-6th-committee-public-hearings.590625/page-64#post-89231163
Confronted my family on this bombshell Trump stuff, and they’ve heard Nothing about it. Looking at FOX News now, and literally not a single thing on their page about it while every single other news outlet is covering it.
That fucking “news” station needs to go. They are a serious threat to democracy in this country.
"Donald Trump liked this."

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23361 on: June 29, 2022, 05:16:09 AM »
Deleting my posts so I don't get called Matt Gaetz again, fuck right on off Resetera.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ghislaine-maxwell-sentenced-to-20-years-for-sex-trafficking.601554/#post-89204259
Omg posters quote him and he edited that same post to each post that was quoted.  Riotous Sr must feel embarrassed.

benjipwns

« Reply #23362 on: June 29, 2022, 05:18:59 AM »
benjipwns favorite minority is in the news again :

https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-language-law-puts-quebecs-video-game-industry-at-risk-insiders-say.601773/
Quote from: incelsiorlef
Yeah, Quebec is overreaching but there's absolutely a need to protect the French language
But is there though?  :larry

benjipwns

« Reply #23363 on: June 29, 2022, 05:22:41 AM »
lol at the guy in that thread basically saying French should be wiped out because they killed the natives, fair is fair :trumps

Maybe I agree with this. :hmm
[close]

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23364 on: June 29, 2022, 05:23:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragon-ball-super-super-hero-final-trailer.601674/#post-89218335
Wasn't really expecting the first post in here to spoil all that stuff, oh well.
B-Dumbs
Promotional materials are not spoilers. Jesus fucking Christ, people's spoilerphobia is out of control
What promotional material, I came in here to see a trailer and some guy posted a bunch of stuff not from the trailer.
All 3 characters are in the new trailer.
And "Cell Max is stronger than Broly" isn't a spoiler.
I mean, I feel like we have all chastised absurd marketing machines that effectively reveal the entirety of movies in the past, the posts in this thread already attest to that. Those posts are why I didn't watch it. There's a common sense point where hiding behind the "marketing materials" defense doesn't really work anymore.

Anyway that other thread about the interview has "spoilers" in the title of it, which is why I didn't click it, and why I assumed they were spoilers in here as well. Tragic inconsistency forced by overly-revelatory trailers! Woulda been nice for that Cell thing to be a movie reveal, oh well. Nice work Toei.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23365 on: June 29, 2022, 05:30:04 AM »

Omg posters quote him and he edited that same post to each post that was quoted.  Riotous Sr must feel embarrassed.

Trump has probably stopped answering his calls

Taco Bell Tower

benjipwns

« Reply #23367 on: June 29, 2022, 05:44:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragon-ball-super-super-hero-final-trailer.601674/#post-89218335
I mean, I feel like we have all chastised absurd marketing machines that effectively reveal the entirety of movies in the past, the posts in this thread already attest to that. Those posts are why I didn't watch it. There's a common sense point where hiding behind the "marketing materials" defense doesn't really work anymore.
So he came into a thread about the trailer to read discussion about the trailer while not wanting to know what was in the trailer? Am I understanding correctly? And it's other people's fault that content from the trailer was in the thread and he saw it?

Maybe he needs to install a content blocker for his browser like that dude who's blocking his own internet content in the help your relatives become progressive by hiding their TV channels thread.

BIONIC

« Reply #23368 on: June 29, 2022, 05:53:03 AM »
:reeeee tous was just trying to explain that since he never moved his teen wife across state lines then he technically never committed trafficking, but those dummies just can’t get it through their thick skulls  ::)
Margs

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #23369 on: June 29, 2022, 06:04:36 AM »
They're still upset because a medieval game that tried to be authentic as possible wasn't racially diverse...

I'm surprised there was so little outrage that the Northman had an all white cast.

Tbf, most of the hate stems from the director being a bit of a dickhead, to put it mildly. The lack of diversity is just the gotcha.

Nah. He is a dickhead but the hate was manufactured way before release. I remember people at GAF citing random tumblrs as proof that the game should be racially diverse.

I don't think people go as hard on the lack of diversity thing if yer man isn't already infamous for being an edge lord, and it proves that the game is secret far right propaganda though :trumps
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #23370 on: June 29, 2022, 06:09:00 AM »
The game sux either way :maduro
(ice)

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23371 on: June 29, 2022, 06:32:23 AM »
Sees his parents getting brutally murdered and his immediate reaction is to do fetch quests

benjipwns

« Reply #23372 on: June 29, 2022, 07:13:02 AM »

He seems to have forgotten that he was posting on a progressive forum that's against the carceral state and distrustful of the backwards conservative law and order worldview.

Quote from: riotous
Maybe don't go so hard on devil's advocate-ing the law favorably towards people that are clearly guilty as hell and already getting off with extremely lenient sentencing, ya weirdo.
[close]

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #23373 on: June 29, 2022, 08:03:38 AM »
Riotous is so deeply unlikeable he couldn’t even hack it here, I’m surprised he hasn’t had his resetera account nuked yet.  Bet it’s coming though.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23374 on: June 29, 2022, 08:14:52 AM »
Imagine getting dog piled at ResetEra.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #23375 on: June 29, 2022, 08:14:56 AM »
Discussion forum.

SmokyDave

« Reply #23376 on: June 29, 2022, 08:22:24 AM »
Discussion forum?  :nope

This cushion forum?  :ohyeah

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23377 on: June 29, 2022, 08:24:16 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/travis-barker-rushed-to-hospital-tweets-%E2%80%9Cgod-save-me%E2%80%9D.601737/#post-89226039
"oh shit, I'm in mortal pain and headed to the hospital, better get that tweet off."

I'm a dick

BadAss2961

« Reply #23378 on: June 29, 2022, 08:59:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/travis-barker-rushed-to-hospital-tweets-%E2%80%9Cgod-save-me%E2%80%9D.601737/#post-89226039
"oh shit, I'm in mortal pain and headed to the hospital, better get that tweet off."

I'm a dick

I mean, that's the first thought that popped in my head too.

Either way, don't get serious with those Kards. They're cancer. Pump them if you must, but dump them.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23379 on: June 29, 2022, 09:15:53 AM »
God zeovajayjay is such a cunt

https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-florida-law-makes-blasting-music-in-car-a-punishable-offense.601518/page-6#post-89233428

I'm too lazy to quote the whole timeline but it's amazing how all his arguments boil down to "either you agree with me or you're a racist. Are you a racist? Yes or no??"

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23380 on: June 29, 2022, 09:22:50 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-florida-law-makes-blasting-music-in-car-a-punishable-offense.601518/page-6#post-89233428

I'm too lazy to quote the whole timeline but it's amazing how all his arguments boil down to "either you agree with me or you're a racist. Are you a racist? Yes or no??"
ZeoVagina
Why are you acting like this is some sort of epidemic that we need to put an end to?
:era

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23381 on: June 29, 2022, 11:14:33 AM »
The French have always been serious business with their language and doesn't want English or any other languages spoken in thier territories. They are the only nation on earth with some sort of language defense council I forget what they call it, there's a huge government building they work out of.

The unbearable obliviousness of anglocentrism.
ὕβρις

BikeJesus

« Reply #23382 on: June 29, 2022, 11:21:39 AM »
So cars that rattle your home are ok, but fireworks all need to be banned because it bothers your pet.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23383 on: June 29, 2022, 11:24:23 AM »
We're talking about America. Not other countries. How it works in other countries isn't relevant to this conversation.

ResetEra or 2Afrommycolddeadhands.com post ?
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23384 on: June 29, 2022, 11:42:51 AM »
So cars that rattle your home are ok, but fireworks all need to be banned because it bothers your pet.

I could see a valid argument that loud cars present much less of a danger than amateurs setting off explosives
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23385 on: June 29, 2022, 12:14:41 PM »
I (and no doubt many of us) am amused at the thought of Donald Trump watching impotently as all this truth is laid out, no doubt throwing food, screaming, and raging on his fake Twitter, which provides no release because no one reads it.

But you know what really makes me giggle? The scenario where something that's actually false slips through. Where, for a moment, however small, he's actually in the right for once, and still can't do anything but rage at his TV.

No doubt throwing food.
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 01:01:03 PM by HaughtyFrank »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23387 on: June 29, 2022, 01:38:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/have-you-ever-refrained-telling-friends-or-family-about-certain-foods-things-you-find-at-a-store.601974/

Have you ever refrained telling friends or family about certain foods/things you find at a store?
It honestly has been something I have been doing lately so I can get the things I like in stock. Where I live, once word of mouth spreads about something and is bought out, it can be a while until something comes back in stock. Downsides of being in a small town I guess.
ὕβρις

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #23388 on: June 29, 2022, 01:44:01 PM »
I like how a certain segment of wokes are as obsessed with bringing down Chris Pratt as the Q lot are with Bill Gates or Tom Hanks :trumps
(ice)

SmokyDave

« Reply #23389 on: June 29, 2022, 01:51:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-pratt-im-not-a-religious-person-seeks-to-change-perceptions-about-his-religious-views-denies-attending-hillsong-church.601590/page-10#post-89251461

Quote from: Biosnake
guys i dont like video games i just like posting on a video game forum

Heh, yeah, well said smug dude! Nobody in that asylum would ever balk at the term 'gamer'. You got 'im!

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #23390 on: June 29, 2022, 02:25:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-pratt-im-not-a-religious-person-seeks-to-change-perceptions-about-his-religious-views-denies-attending-hillsong-church.601590/post-89247864

https://twitter.com/as_seenontv/status/1541880488436314112

Is no one curious how Pratt can determine the sexuality of a waiter?

That thread is so embarrassing. You got people pointing to that douchebag tweet as if its evidence of something. I mean, what?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23391 on: June 29, 2022, 02:32:17 PM »
Chris Pratt is now faithful to the one true religion

Nintendo :preach
🤴

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #23392 on: June 29, 2022, 02:52:02 PM »
Chris Pratt is now faithful to the one true religion

Nintendo :preach

So he is a pedo?!

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23393 on: June 29, 2022, 02:57:26 PM »

Aside from it being a safety issue, you're also a cunt if you do this.

Most sane places have laws about this kind of dumb behaviour.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 03:02:02 PM by Potato »
Spud

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23395 on: June 29, 2022, 03:06:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/january-6th-committee-public-hearings.590625/page-65#post-89251887
If it makes anyone feel better, just got out of the Hall of Presidents at Disney and Trump was booed loudly.
:ego

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23397 on: June 29, 2022, 03:29:00 PM »
What happened with “don’t use randoms at twitter as an argument” ?

*Completely random dude on twitter whose statement by itself is already questionable*

Well a lot people White Knighting for him here now look VERY dumb...

*James Gunn who has extensively worked with Pratt and isn't shy about calling out bullshit, saying that Pratt is a good guy*

I'm really fucking unimpressed with James Gunn, and my opinion of him is plummeting.

If CP is the greatest human ever, why does he exclusively follow hateful right wing monsters, and no other types of politically affiliated accounts? Please reply, JG, because I want to keep liking you.

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFF JAMES GUNN
[close]

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #23398 on: June 29, 2022, 03:36:11 PM »
Okay so is this good enough for everyone. Are we all satisfied with the evidence now

jorma

« Reply #23399 on: June 29, 2022, 03:36:35 PM »
What happened with “don’t use randoms at twitter as an argument” ?

*Completely random dude on twitter whose statement by itself is already questionable*

Well a lot people White Knighting for him here now look VERY dumb...

*James Gunn who has extensively worked with Pratt and isn't shy about calling out bullshit, saying that Pratt is a good guy*

I'm really fucking unimpressed with James Gunn, and my opinion of him is plummeting.

If CP is the greatest human ever, why does he exclusively follow hateful right wing monsters, and no other types of politically affiliated accounts? Please reply, JG, because I want to keep liking you.

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFF JAMES GUNN
[close]

it doesn't matter how many marvel movies you direct, you do just one dc movie and all i see is a million nazis watching that filth