Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1825258 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #26220 on: August 02, 2022, 09:58:06 PM »
I think the issue is mainly egotistical directors and uninformed studio execs making demands on artists time.

Next generations of directors will make better, more empathetic, and more realistic requests to everyone on their team.

:wut
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #26222 on: August 02, 2022, 10:20:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/andor-is-star-wars-scurrilous-take-on-the-trumpian-world-says-cast-member-fiona-shaw.614898/

One of the things I liked about the trailers is that it shows the day to day life of living under fascism. The constant fear and looking over your shoulder and seeing the (literal) stormtroopers marching down your street.

So the stormtroopers of you daily life are?

Rednecks or police?
Resetera moderators more likely
Spud

ShutUp

« Reply #26223 on: August 02, 2022, 10:23:01 PM »
Next up on Era

“I’m noticing 15-16 year olds getting jobs? Fucking MINORS!? How is this legal???”

Polident Hive

« Reply #26224 on: August 02, 2022, 10:42:16 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
"I’ve seen on TikTok where people say Atlanta‘s transphobic. Man, I’m neighbors with a trans man and he told me Atlanta is his favorite show."

This is the second thing Donald Glover has said that should have Era cancel him.  Or at least earn a slap from nepenthe

The first was his defense of Joe Rogan and Dave Chapelle.

https://www.mediaite.com/entertainment/donald-glover-does-surreal-interview-of-himself-talking-joe-rogan-and-dave-chappelle-controversies/
Speaking specifically on Rogan and Chappelle, he said “A lot of people believe both of them are doing what they do in good faith. It’s not cynical. It’s not CNN or Fox. It doesn’t feel to most people like they’re trying to sell something. People are looking for other people to interact with in good faith. Because a lot of this rage is artificial. People have emotional diabetes and don’t even know it.”

First season had its moments. Wouldn’t say it was out there for 2016. Testament to how quickly the dialog changed. Glover has a trans actor in season 3 without making it a big deal.

Clips from s1
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

If you can’t appreciate progress, what’s the point.

benjipwns

« Reply #26225 on: August 02, 2022, 11:09:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/andor-is-star-wars-scurrilous-take-on-the-trumpian-world-says-cast-member-fiona-shaw.614898/

One of the things I liked about the trailers is that it shows the day to day life of living under fascism. The constant fear and looking over your shoulder and seeing the (literal) stormtroopers marching down your street.

Rednecks or police?

I kinda doubt there were many stormtroopers marching down every street daily in Fascist Italy, Nazi Germany or Franco Spain.

The "day to day life", "constant fear" and "looking over your shoulder" in a totalitarian state would be less about overt stormtroopers and more about your neighbors reporting your wrongthink to the Stasi like that portrayed in The Lives of Others, but wait, that's East Germany and reporting problematic speech to volunteers for official-backed punishment is a good thing. :hmm

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #26226 on: August 02, 2022, 11:09:17 PM »
I dunno why they are surprised that there is anti black racism in the Asian community… is not fucking new.

Judging by Nepenthe, it's mutual.
OBE

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26227 on: August 02, 2022, 11:47:57 PM »
Yeah, if any of those rumors turn out to be true, then David Zazlav can fuck right off.

:badass

Zaslav is a disaster. I knew when I read up on his style that he would be crap.

It's just like the NBA but for corporate !

ὕβρις

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #26228 on: August 03, 2022, 02:14:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/batgirl-film-cancelled-no-plans-to-release-film-on-hbo-max-or-theaters.614961/page-26#post-90969378

Quote from: rjinaz, post: 90958266, member: 1050
Im trying to think about past discussions but didnt most experts agree that they would basically have to make a new movie and that there was no reasonable way to salvage it by removing Miller and using cgi to replace him was basically impossible because the tech isnt there yet he is just in it too much?

Quote from: Scrappy-Fan92, post: 90969378, member: 90043
"...replace them..." and "yet they are..."

:drudge :social2 :drudge
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #26229 on: August 03, 2022, 03:43:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/andor-is-star-wars-scurrilous-take-on-the-trumpian-world-says-cast-member-fiona-shaw.614898/#post-90940278
Ehhh I have no issue with the direction this show is going but I’m not a fan of invoking Tr*mps name here. Just let the show be and let’s not create controversy before it even airs.

Trailers have me excited for this and I mostly enjoyed the Kenobi show.
Controversy? Who gives a shit what some snowflake Trumpers think. They shouldn't be allowed to enjoy Star Wars devoid of political commentary and their God Emperor embodies literally everything Star Wars has always been against.

Taco Bell Tower

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #26231 on: August 03, 2022, 04:11:06 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/batgirl-film-cancelled-no-plans-to-release-film-on-hbo-max-or-theaters.614961/page-26#post-90970662
Were the test audience all wearing maga hats? 🤔
???

Batgirl was played by a Latina in this so I guess they think that would be the only reason the test audience could have disliked the movie  ???

Polident Hive

« Reply #26232 on: August 03, 2022, 08:12:14 AM »
…so what do maga people have against Scooby-Doo?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26233 on: August 03, 2022, 08:17:24 AM »

Rednecks or police?

I kinda doubt there were many stormtroopers marching down every street daily in Fascist Italy, Nazi Germany or Franco Spain.

The "day to day life", "constant fear" and "looking over your shoulder" in a totalitarian state would be less about overt stormtroopers and more about your neighbors reporting your wrongthink to the Stasi like that portrayed in The Lives of Others, but wait, that's East Germany and reporting problematic speech to volunteers for official-backed punishment is a good thing. :hmm

The Stasi didn't have 'likes' to acknowledge peoples contributions to the community, but they did have 'reports' that prominent members could abuse to ultimately vanish people they had minor quibbles and petty grudges with

:hmm

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26235 on: August 03, 2022, 08:39:29 AM »
…so what do maga people have against Scooby-Doo?

the villain is always old man macreedy who has a boomer scheme to get more rich, show portrays capitalism and old people as evil
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26236 on: August 03, 2022, 08:42:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-the-fuck-is-the-idea-of-being-woke-and-leftist-ever-construed-to-be-a-negative.615174/

Quote from: Jessi77
I literally just told my mother before seeing this thread (she is a Christian which colors my remarks) I root for satan because humanity don't deserve Shit, we are terrible. And it's not just the one percent. Pick out two homeless people and they are scheming how to outdo the other. Humans suck.

Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26237 on: August 03, 2022, 08:42:16 AM »
Ree loves nothing more than using the word "disingenuous" to dismiss people. Yet, that thread's a perfect example of it. Op uses the definition - "aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)" to pretend that's where the root of the problem is. When in reality the problems stem from the mad extremists

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26238 on: August 03, 2022, 08:45:55 AM »
Quote from: ngower
Wokeness is perceived as someone being a "sheep" incapable of thinking for themselves, and the claim is conservatives are much more free and independent and therefore superior. It falls apart the moment you think about it more than three seconds, but that's the general feeling.

I wonder how many people in the thread offer the exact same sentiment re-worded because it's what's been drilled into their heads as the only acceptable take

"becuz their team is evil and shit and our team is only ever a force for good"  :cry

Quote from: SilentRob
I mean, people who claim to be "Pro-Life" say exactly the same thing - "we are literally PRO LIFE, how could anyone be against that? How could anyone argue against saving lifes?".

Names are names and the interpretations of what they mean will vary wildly depending on where you land regarding that issue.

:preach
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26239 on: August 03, 2022, 08:47:40 AM »
Ree loves nothing more than using the word "disingenuous" to dismiss people. Yet, that thread's a perfect example of it. Op uses the definition - "aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)" to pretend that's where the root of the problem is. When in reality the problems stem from the mad extremists

the increasingly shrill person screaming "oh I'm sorry, I thought it was actually good to be a good person, apparently I was mistaken, you would think being good is a good thing but apparently not, by definition I'm only doing good but you don't think it's good so fuck me, right"
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #26240 on: August 03, 2022, 08:57:35 AM »

Propagandhim

« Reply #26241 on: August 03, 2022, 08:59:32 AM »

If you're a white supremacist, the idea of people (even other white people) being aware of and being in favor of racial justice is obviously going to be seen as a negative.

As it turns out, the US has a great deal of white supremacists.

Great deductive reasoning skills.   

All birds have feathers. All robins are birds. Therefore, robins have feathers.
Wokeism is being criticized, all critiques are from white supremacists, therefore i'm always right.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26242 on: August 03, 2022, 09:03:47 AM »
Bigotry:

the fact of having and expressing strong, unreasonable beliefs and disliking other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life:

:thinking

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26243 on: August 03, 2022, 09:20:15 AM »
Bigotry:

the fact of having and expressing strong, unreasonable beliefs and disliking other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life:

uh sweaty, you're not using the "Im a minority so I can't be a bigot" coefficient

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26244 on: August 03, 2022, 09:24:01 AM »
era is basically on the level of trigotry or quadgotry
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #26245 on: August 03, 2022, 09:42:15 AM »
Bigotry:

Nice try, chud, but their beliefs aren't unreasonable as those pieces of shit have it coming for knowing exactly what they're doing.

NekoFever

« Reply #26246 on: August 03, 2022, 09:58:31 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-the-fuck-is-the-idea-of-being-woke-and-leftist-ever-construed-to-be-a-negative.615174/

Conservatives sometimes win branding battles.

Sometimes?

These are the people who spent 2020 saying, “No, no, no. ‘Defund the police’ doesn’t mean defund the police!”

SmokyDave

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #26248 on: August 03, 2022, 10:44:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/batgirl-film-cancelled-no-plans-to-release-film-on-hbo-max-or-theaters.614961/page-26#post-90970662
Were the test audience all wearing maga hats? 🤔
???
30 pages of comments in a day.

Fuck me.

Ok fine, but if I come all the way to the UK promise you won’t ghost me? :teehee

SmokyDave

« Reply #26249 on: August 03, 2022, 10:47:17 AM »
‘Course I won’t. Text me when you get off the plane. You need no further assurance before flying over an ocean, so crack on.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26250 on: August 03, 2022, 11:21:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/warner-bros-issues-official-statement-revealing-why-batgirl-has-been-canceled.615210/page-2#post-90986049
There were never mentions of bad screenings except by a specific group online(racist gang),
As soon as this came out yesterday they were all celebrating saying it tested awful, they saw parts and it was awful, their friends worked for WB and it was awful.

Now legitimate stuff is running with that shit for some reason.
:doge

Mostima

« Reply #26251 on: August 03, 2022, 11:26:22 AM »
I thought people were chuds for liking DC movies, now they're chuds for hating them? Do they have a handy chart for people to keep track of what movies are ok to like and dislike?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26252 on: August 03, 2022, 11:29:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/warner-bros-issues-official-statement-revealing-why-batgirl-has-been-canceled.615210/page-2#post-90986049
There were never mentions of bad screenings except by a specific group online(racist gang),
As soon as this came out yesterday they were all celebrating saying it tested awful, they saw parts and it was awful, their friends worked for WB and it was awful.

Now legitimate stuff is running with that shit for some reason.
:doge

This feels like RE purely fighting windmills. In fact they're the only place where I've seen the sentiment that the cancellation had anything to do with the actresses ethnicity

I don't think the article is even really denying test screenings either. It says that the movie wouldn't hold up as a tent pole theatrical release. That could be something concluded after a screening.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #26253 on: August 03, 2022, 11:38:25 AM »
‘Course I won’t. Text me when you get off the plane. You need no further assurance before flying over an ocean, so crack on.

I know what ‘crack on’ means cuz my wife makes me watch Love Island.
Oi Oi

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26254 on: August 03, 2022, 11:42:37 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/70-year-old-asian-american-attacked-in-san-francisco.614940/page-2#post-90970173

Quote from: S-Wind
When I saw that the previous thread was locked with the dismissive message from the mod about not making threads to shock it felt like a huge slap in the face., especially with the massive spike in anti-Asian hate and violence towards Asians over the past 2 years. I believe that if the victim black or brown then the thread wouldn't have been locked, and, there would have been a substantial amount of discussion, or at least a lit of replies. It felt like yet another case of us Asians being viewed as "White adjacent", and therefore not worthy of the consideration that virtually all other POC get.

It felt like yet another case of our issues and our plight not being viewed as important.

So I really do appreciate you stepping up to own a mistake that your fellow mod made and reassuring us that you will try to prevent it from happening again.

I have repeatedly voiced my disappointment in the conduct and performance of the mod team and how it lead to the exodus of a significant number of Asian Era.

But credit is given where credit is due.

Thank you for owning up and trying to make this right.

I really do appreciate it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 11:46:44 AM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

SmokyDave

« Reply #26255 on: August 03, 2022, 12:04:56 PM »

I think it’s probably spelt ‘craic on’, like ‘just for the craic’. My ancestors fled Ireland purely to avoid that kind of thing.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26256 on: August 03, 2022, 01:13:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/warner-bros-discovery-has-removed-six-max-original-films-from-hbo-max.615240/#post-90986568
Glad I don't pay for it.
At least he's honest about it unlike the others who claim to cancel their streaming subs.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26257 on: August 03, 2022, 01:21:35 PM »
You being craic craic.
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #26258 on: August 03, 2022, 01:30:04 PM »
Quote from: ngower
Wokeness is perceived as someone being a "sheep" incapable of thinking for themselves, and the claim is conservatives are much more free and independent and therefore superior. It falls apart the moment you think about it more than three seconds, but that's the general feeling.

I wonder how many people in the thread offer the exact same sentiment re-worded because it's what's been drilled into their heads as the only acceptable take

"becuz their team is evil and shit and our team is only ever a force for good"  :cry

Quote from: SilentRob
I mean, people who claim to be "Pro-Life" say exactly the same thing - "we are literally PRO LIFE, how could anyone be against that? How could anyone argue against saving lifes?".

Names are names and the interpretations of what they mean will vary wildly depending on where you land regarding that issue.

:preach

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ben-shapiro-destroyed-while-lecturing-college-students.572623/post-85107136
Quote from: Nepenthe
Do you think I, as a leftist, go into conservative spaces with an "open mind?" Of course fucking not. For one, I'm right about the sociopolitics.  They feel the exact same way about me (even though they're wrong about the sociopolitics of any subject you can think of.)

They're looking to have their existing biases reinforced, and I would argue that's just generally true of most people regardless of political affiliation.

We both think the same but I'm right
 :trumps
sigh

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26259 on: August 03, 2022, 01:51:59 PM »
If you never acknowledge or even consider the possibility that you are wrong, at least to yourself, you will never learn anything. Congratulations Nepenthe you are already a boomer.
OBE

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #26260 on: August 03, 2022, 01:57:40 PM »
Nep seems like a legit sociopath :titus
(ice)

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26261 on: August 03, 2022, 01:59:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/batgirl-film-cancelled-no-plans-to-release-film-on-hbo-max-or-theaters.614961/page-23#post-90966294

Quote from: JigglesBunny
This is fucking gross and I’m not afraid to explicitly call out the fact that this never would have happened with a male-led movie.
OBE

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #26262 on: August 03, 2022, 02:00:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/batgirl-film-cancelled-no-plans-to-release-film-on-hbo-max-or-theaters.614961/page-23#post-90966294

This is fucking gross and I’m not afraid to explicitly call out the fact that this never would have happened with a male-led movie.

Now I don’t use the term hero lightly, but… :salute
Margs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26263 on: August 03, 2022, 02:06:11 PM »

It's the confidence that always gets me. Like it's just a google search away

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Unreleased_American_films

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #26264 on: August 03, 2022, 02:11:24 PM »

I think it’s probably spelt ‘craic on’, like ‘just for the craic’. My ancestors fled Ireland purely to avoid that kind of thing.
That...and the oppression
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #26265 on: August 03, 2022, 02:13:19 PM »
Nep seems like a legit sociopath :titus
The behaviour she has exhibited since gaining a slight amount of power over others would suggest so.
Spud

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26266 on: August 03, 2022, 02:14:46 PM »
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 02:20:46 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26267 on: August 03, 2022, 02:17:37 PM »
Can the folks turning their noses up at the idea of watching this movie without having seen WandaVision explain why someone going into a Doctor Strange movie should know that a Disney+ exclusive show that doesn’t have Doctor Strange in it is required viewing?

"Well she's on the poster duh"  :doge
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #26268 on: August 03, 2022, 02:47:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/70-year-old-asian-american-attacked-in-san-francisco.614940/page-2#post-90970173

Quote from: S-Wind
When I saw that the previous thread was locked with the dismissive message from the mod about not making threads to shock it felt like a huge slap in the face., especially with the massive spike in anti-Asian hate and violence towards Asians over the past 2 years. I believe that if the victim black or brown then the thread wouldn't have been locked, and, there would have been a substantial amount of discussion, or at least a lit of replies. It felt like yet another case of us Asians being viewed as "White adjacent", and therefore not worthy of the consideration that virtually all other POC get.

It felt like yet another case of our issues and our plight not being viewed as important.

So I really do appreciate you stepping up to own a mistake that your fellow mod made and reassuring us that you will try to prevent it from happening again.

I have repeatedly voiced my disappointment in the conduct and performance of the mod team and how it lead to the exodus of a significant number of Asian Era.

But credit is given where credit is due.

Thank you for owning up and trying to make this right.

I really do appreciate it.

There were a number of issues concerning the poster who made the thread that were trying to be cleaned up at the time and that thread was mistakenly caught in the crossfire.

Suuuuure :lol

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26269 on: August 03, 2022, 03:06:10 PM »
OBE

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #26270 on: August 03, 2022, 03:13:51 PM »
How are the wrestling thread dregs taking the news that Nazi-Affiliated THQ Nordic are publishing the AEW game? :girlaff
(ice)

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26271 on: August 03, 2022, 03:37:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hbo-max-to-lay-off-70-of-staff-and-end-scripted-content.615366/page-10#post-91003383
Quote from: Ascenion
I hope Hollywood revolts. I hope talent just flees from WB. Robert Pattinson and Matt Reeves should walk away, Cavill should, Gunn should. Refuse to work until Zaslav is gone.

:lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hbo-max-to-lay-off-70-of-staff-and-end-scripted-content.615366/page-10#post-91003410
Quote from: 9-Volt
Jesus, profit motivated executives are the worst thing ever to grace this market. This is entertainment sector for gods sake, you cannot "cut costs". You have to lose some to win some.

:brain
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26272 on: August 03, 2022, 03:55:29 PM »
If you never acknowledge or even consider the possibility that you are wrong, at least to yourself, you will never learn anything. Congratulations Nepenthe you are already a boomer.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/controversy-as-spain-bans-air-conditioning-from-dropping-below-27%C2%B0c-80%C2%B0f-in-public-during-summer.615315/page-2#post-91001631
Quote from: Easy_G
Quote from: Dakkon
This thread largely hurts my brain.

An AC running drops the humidity in the room, unlike a fan, so 80 F outside and 80 F inside with an AC are two completely experiences entirely. I'm not really sure why so many people are going "uhg 27C/80F! that's unbearable!"...like, do you not know how air conditioners / science works, or....

That and these kind of measures are invaluable for making sure power grids don't buckle and help mitigate climate change by not over-using energy unnecessarily.
Yeah, I think people are ignoring this detail and just comparing it with weather reports.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/controversy-as-spain-bans-air-conditioning-from-dropping-below-27%C2%B0c-80%C2%B0f-in-public-during-summer.615315/page-3#post-91004085
Quote from: Nepenthe
Quote from: Johnny956
If AC is actually running and putting out cool temps, 80 is quite manageable as it keeps the humidity under control and you have airflow from it
In the Georgia heat and humidity, I start dying at around a mere 74 degrees. Again, at that point, I'd just rather the AC turned off. I can find other ways to manage the temperature that isn't burning as much electricity.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 04:42:19 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26273 on: August 03, 2022, 04:20:24 PM »

A male-lead Batgirl movie would have been an interesting choice, but I feel like Resetera would have had a problem with that too.
©@©™

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26274 on: August 03, 2022, 05:01:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ben-shapiro-destroyed-while-lecturing-college-students.572623/page-6#post-85108972
Saying that there aren't some people watching watching Ben Shapiro who don't have an open mind is crazy talk. This is just, statistically impossible.
NepNep
Statistically impossible, sure. Statistically irrelevant, also yes.
Fiddle
This is ludicrous. I personally know multiple people who were very conservative yet changed their mind on multiple issues, and are now far left. Doesn't this DESTROY (lol) your entire argument? What are you talking about when you say conservatives don't want to learn, or don't listen..? Clearly this is completely untrue. It sounds like you've just met or seen assholes online and are applying those ideals to every conservative ever, when obviously there are so many who can be swayed.
NepNep
No, anecdotal evidence doesn't DESTROY mine.

And I mean exactly what I said. The vast majority of people who self ascribe as conservative do not want to change their mind to more liberal views. That's why they're fucking conservative. There not victims, and they're not naive. They consciously and knowingly believe in their points of view, same as I do with mine. As such, I do not automatically treat them as if they are just open books waiting to be filled with the truth. I treat them as hostile outsiders until they prove they come in peace, and even then, I know that can be a Trojan Horse, so the moment they get on some fuck shit they get checked or ostracized again. I don't owe these people the benefit of the doubt because they've never given it to the other side.

As such, I find the ridiculous, Herculean efforts liberals put into making these supposedly huge swathes of hypothetical fence sitters their entire praxis, the insistence on being open to these people at the real risk of trolling, harassment, and adding to their content farms, to be tiresome, and more often than not ultimately rooted in personal experiences and an unwillingness to condemn people that might include friends and family, because that's what it's always about.

You bring it up unprompted that you know "tons" of people who were conservative but became progressive. I personally don't. Why? Because I'm fucking Black. These people just don't exist in my social circles as a result, and thus I have no responsibility to them to treat them any better than they treat Black people on average. Like I don't give a fuck that you saved your Grandma or childhood friend or whatever when the Republican party is still ratcheting up white supremacists rhetoric with no pushback.
And she locks it  :lol

Polident Hive

« Reply #26275 on: August 03, 2022, 05:04:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1554925341248028677

This wouldn’t happen to Little James Corden

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26276 on: August 03, 2022, 05:08:05 PM »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #26277 on: August 03, 2022, 05:17:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ben-shapiro-destroyed-while-lecturing-college-students.572623/page-6#post-85108972
Saying that there aren't some people watching watching Ben Shapiro who don't have an open mind is crazy talk. This is just, statistically impossible.
NepNep
Statistically impossible, sure. Statistically irrelevant, also yes.
Fiddle
This is ludicrous. I personally know multiple people who were very conservative yet changed their mind on multiple issues, and are now far left. Doesn't this DESTROY (lol) your entire argument? What are you talking about when you say conservatives don't want to learn, or don't listen..? Clearly this is completely untrue. It sounds like you've just met or seen assholes online and are applying those ideals to every conservative ever, when obviously there are so many who can be swayed.
NepNep
No, anecdotal evidence doesn't DESTROY mine.

And I mean exactly what I said. The vast majority of people who self ascribe as conservative do not want to change their mind to more liberal views. That's why they're fucking conservative. There not victims, and they're not naive. They consciously and knowingly believe in their points of view, same as I do with mine. As such, I do not automatically treat them as if they are just open books waiting to be filled with the truth. I treat them as hostile outsiders until they prove they come in peace, and even then, I know that can be a Trojan Horse, so the moment they get on some fuck shit they get checked or ostracized again. I don't owe these people the benefit of the doubt because they've never given it to the other side.

As such, I find the ridiculous, Herculean efforts liberals put into making these supposedly huge swathes of hypothetical fence sitters their entire praxis, the insistence on being open to these people at the real risk of trolling, harassment, and adding to their content farms, to be tiresome, and more often than not ultimately rooted in personal experiences and an unwillingness to condemn people that might include friends and family, because that's what it's always about.

You bring it up unprompted that you know "tons" of people who were conservative but became progressive. I personally don't. Why? Because I'm fucking Black. These people just don't exist in my social circles as a result, and thus I have no responsibility to them to treat them any better than they treat Black people on average. Like I don't give a fuck that you saved your Grandma or childhood friend or whatever when the Republican party is still ratcheting up white supremacists rhetoric with no pushback.
And she locks it  :lol
:lol :lol :lol
So petty!  Nep so desperate to make sure everyone sees that she has the last word.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26278 on: August 03, 2022, 05:18:58 PM »
Damn, that massive strawman neopeth invented sounds like a real piece of shit, no wonder they mde nepnep so  :brain

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26279 on: August 03, 2022, 05:21:59 PM »
I'm mentally preparing myself to completely walk away from WB as a company. If they kill the shows I care about, they won't get a dime out of me for anything - movies, TV shows, video games, etc - until Zaslav retires or gets his ass run out the company. Absolutely zero forgiveness.

Good luck and more power to you if you actually follow through.
ὕβρις