Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1827710 times)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #39600 on: February 05, 2023, 05:33:35 AM »
Well, now I know I can't ever feel safe around the Gamers™ that are customers of Humble:
(Image removed from quote.)

Cyberpunk too?  :walkaway

Don’t forget Persona 5’s phobic crimes :ufup

Which they’ve all forgiven because they like the series too much. you can date teenagers in it.

FTFY :teehee
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #39601 on: February 05, 2023, 05:46:16 AM »
Well, now I know I can't ever feel safe around the Gamers™ that are customers of Humble:
(Image removed from quote.)

Cyberpunk too?  :walkaway

Don’t forget Persona 5’s phobic crimes :ufup

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Which they’ve all forgiven because they like the series too much.
[close]
They forgave Atlus for Persona 5 Royale for removing the uhhh think homophobic from original P5 but not P4 and Catherine Full Body

PogiJones

« Reply #39602 on: February 05, 2023, 07:30:36 AM »
And before any of you chuds try to gotcha me with "hypocrisy", I don't have the privilege to cancel Humble Choice even though I always knew something was off with them. What store where I get stacking discounts and a supply of games do you think I should rep instead? These kind of bad faith attacks on me even though I am Mod Admiral is why I'm so tired and should start carrying a hookup knife too.

Every day that passes without the Nep emote having a hookup knife is a day that bork's utterly wasted.

BIONIC

« Reply #39603 on: February 05, 2023, 07:33:46 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-40#post-100777207

Quote from: backpropaganda, post: 100775101, member: 50849
I hope people who buy the game make characters that identify as trans and @rowling, I’m sure she’ll be like happy to take your money, but at least it’ll annoy her the trans are in hogwarts …

Quote from: ekim, post: 100777207, member: 8418
Fwiw - I got the game early and also one major NPC in the game is trans. I was quite happy to see this.

:popcorn
Margs

Boredfrom

« Reply #39604 on: February 05, 2023, 08:13:06 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-40#post-100777207

I hope people who buy the game make characters that identify as trans and @rowling, I’m sure she’ll be like happy to take your money, but at least it’ll annoy her the trans are in hogwarts …

Fwiw - I got the game early and also one major NPC in the game is trans. I was quite happy to see this.

Doesn’t matter, Cyberpunk also had a NPC as transexual but was declared transphobic because the name of her car.

NekoFever

« Reply #39605 on: February 05, 2023, 08:28:58 AM »

Why would you post that in a thread where people are explicitly calling anyone who buys it complicit in genocide :lol

I’m not sure what’s funnier: they’re a troll or they’re an ally who thinks they’re being supportive and will be thanked for the inside info.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39606 on: February 05, 2023, 08:36:16 AM »
And before any of you chuds try to gotcha me with "hypocrisy", I don't have the privilege to cancel Humble Choice even though I always knew something was off with them. What store where I get stacking discounts and a supply of games do you think I should rep instead? These kind of bad faith attacks on me even though I am Mod Admiral is why I'm so tired and should start carrying a hookup knife too.

Every day that passes without the Nep emote having a hookup knife is a day that bork's utterly wasted.

I think it was removed for being targeted harassment/doxing of an individual

(but :lore remains  :teehee)
[close]
[close]
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39607 on: February 05, 2023, 08:42:53 AM »
Quote from: Aztechnology
Back from my… leave. Trash Future a podcast I am an avid listener of, had a lot of great TERF coverage generally over the last month but specifically about the the Scottish Gender Reform bill and how Scottish Law works in deference to Westminister through devolution. How the bills effectively get entirely repealed if any parts are denied etc. I genuinely didn’t know how bad things were in the U.K for trans people. The behavior is insane, especially when you consider how little they’re asking for.

I understand how integral JK is to this now, every fucking TERF has lost their mind. It’s such a weird phenomenon, that you can call yourself a feminist and equality advocate and then espouse that shit.

whatchu mad about, aztechnology? what happened?

oh right, this happened:

Anyone who ever posts about Hogwart's Legacy in any thread without denouncing and criticizing Joanne and repeating Kyuuji's list of her mass line errors should be actioned severely or else I won't feel safe enough to post on ResetERA.com. Now we're really seeing exactly what the highly paid staff has thought about trans people the entire time and it's that they want them thrown in a woodchipper to help landscape the grounds for Joanne's mansions. THIS IS LITERALLY TRANS AND NON-BINARY BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS B-DUBS, HECHT AND NEPENTHE YOU ARE NORMALIZING GENOCIDE IN THE MIDDLE OF A GENOCIDE

A study in how ERA modship handles itself.

The following chronological posts are from Aztechnology in the thread of top ten anticipated games:

So not to rock the boat here. But realistically I’m not really sure why that’s the case? She has an inordinate amount of wealth already, I feel like any boat to use to stifle her voice is long gone because we didn’t know until very recently in relevant terms her views, she’s made her vast fortune already. Buying the game doesn’t make her less or more vocal about her shitty opinions on trans people. You’re more supporting Avalanche and WB’s investment than anything. If you have a bone to pick with Avalanche or WB for their actions or views that is prescient. Also, it’s not like Harry Potter has anti trans or LGBT content in it directly anywhere? I dislike her views a lot, but I really don’t see how anything we could do by playing it or not would change anything she’s done recently or during the past few year with her platform other than symbolically?

I understand the rage, but when it becomes basically unhinged from actual outcome based on idealism, I question that it isn’t purely just chest pounding.

I really don’t have any interest in reading her tweets or watching a video on someone reading her tweets. I get your point, but I ignore her and anything she puts on social media like any other person should to maintain their mental health lol. My point is just we can choose to ignore her like any other crazy online. The concern is using political influence via cash to actually deny trans people rights (which she could absolutely do with her vast wealth). From what I’ve seen she isn’t doing that? (I haven’t looked too closely at her financial contributions though) Not saying that doesn’t make her a shitty person, but the only reason she even has any stake in this fight is because she won’t shut up on social media basically because people keep highlighting her via outrage when she should just die in obscurity as that lady that wrote a beloved fantasy universe and then didn’t have anything good left to say. I just fail to see how in this case, not playing Hogwarts Legacy really hurts her. She can spin it’s failure as an attack on her views, free speech, etc and amplify it as much as a success can. The only way to win the game with her is by having her retweets be as low as possible and not engaging. But that is my opinion.

My response was more to posts like this

Quote from: mieumieu
I want to burn this wretched world down seeing the number 1 on this list, and everyone playing this game will be my enemy, and I hope every one of you who plays the fucking Harry Potter game burn your hand into incapacitation, ban me if you want

That’s just insane. I don’t know, I clearly should shut up as it’s not my place to talk about things as a cis gender person, it doesn’t affect me and so it’s not fair for me to make those assertions. It’s all just feels so outsized. It’s a fantasy universe I can’t see directly as attacking trans people itself I guess?. I’m sorry, I’m not trying to ok her behavior or hand wave it. I’m just annoyed with people acting like someone playing a video game because of an association as being homophobic themselves or being anti trans.

I’ve clearly stepped in it, and I’m sorry. It was clearly a bad take born of ignorance. I don’t follow anything she does, because she just puts out endless garbage online and I find for my mental health and largely keep off of anything to do with that stuff. Much like I try to stay out of these argument as it’s clearly not helping anyone and I don’t have room to speak on an issue that isn’t pertinent to me. I should have just said, I’ll play it and continue to ignore her shitty opinions and accepted that I’ve supported her in some way.

Thank you, I appreciate the resources. I largely stay out of poli Era stuff nowadays as it just becomes a depression sink for me and destroyed my mental health for years back on GAF and early ERA days because it fed catastrophic thinking patterns. I honestly thought she largely just had an outsized position on Twitter/social media because she won’t shut up (you could say like me posting in here and it was just a constantly cyclical response). This is pretty awful stuff.

I’m not even sure what I’m looking at. Is this hardcore Rowling Stan’s showing their support at posh lunches by putting Rowling cutouts on their faces? Also I’m sorry to hear that, I know how much of a proponent you are and how much the larger community suffers due to archaic opinions on sex and gender.

Then, a couple of followup posts in the Joanne Megathread of Genocidal Wizardry:

I just wanted to say I appreciate the resources you peeps posted in the most anticipated games thread. I’m sorry for getting that shut down/derailed. I am taking a look at them, if didn’t fall on deaf ears.

I didn’t really realize her level of involvement with meaningful hate movements. I messaged Kyuuji and said something similiar as to what I posted here as I understandably could be banned or temp banned for derailing etc and wanted to acknowledge the posts. I think I referenced Rowling in the context to what I had knowledge about from probably years back at this point. That I had thought she was just a “rancid shit poster” so to speak. I have a generally nihilistic trending sometimes into pessimistic view on what kind of weight a decision like voting with my wallet in case like this because of how much money and clout she already has. Which I guess was my kind of failed discussion point. But also I was just a bit shocked I think, given my dirth of knowledge, by the really strong positions in that thread when I came in. She is those things, but it definitely seems like it’s moved far beyond just being a shitty person with poor views on Twitter.

Seems like he learned something right?

Who cares, he spoke incorrectly.

User banned (1 month): Dismissing concerns around transphobia.

Blood for the blood gods! Accounts for the trans throne!
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #39608 on: February 05, 2023, 09:13:49 AM »
The behavior is insane, especially when you consider how little they’re asking for.

“That Transexual rapist just asked for her basic human rights of going to women prison.”

Sman

« Reply #39609 on: February 05, 2023, 09:18:57 AM »
Resetera's hate boners for Harry Potter is weird.

Imagine getting yourself all bothered with Dragon Ball Z because the creator said women should stay in the kitchen. How about... growing up and leaving the franchise behind, regardless of what the creator says or believes in?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #39610 on: February 05, 2023, 09:24:36 AM »
Meanwhile Nep Nep's boss is wondering why they keep running out of rohypnol

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #39611 on: February 05, 2023, 09:42:44 AM »
Yep. The funny thing is, everybody that wants to play that game ARE welcome on this website. I imagine a huge percentage on the gaming side will play the game. It is not like the mods are demanding everybody get on record about it.

The only request was not to talk about it but you know how that goes. Not enough to simply play a game, they have to be a victim and make it all about themselves by loudly declaring they want to "play a video game" despite kjowing how it hurts part of the community here. but also "fuck Rowling" or "I support trans rights" or whatever.

:spiders

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #39612 on: February 05, 2023, 10:09:39 AM »
They still talk about Dragon Quest but isnt the creator or the guy who does the music a literal war denier or something
What

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39613 on: February 05, 2023, 10:13:05 AM »

Sooooo... the game that actively distanced itself from the author of the world its using, has a trans friendly character create and positive representation in a major character, as well as - indubitably - a number of LGBT creators who worked on it and whose livelihood are to some extent dependent on its success, is outright BANNED from any and all discussion so as not to promote the existence of the IPs author.

And the IPs author whose existence is so problematic that everything they say is triggering, has literally everything they say documented and repeated in a dedicated thread solely to discuss them.

🤡

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39614 on: February 05, 2023, 10:15:35 AM »
Yep. The funny thing is, everybody that wants to play that game ARE welcome on this website. I imagine a huge percentage on the gaming side will play the game. It is not like the mods are demanding everybody get on record about it.

The only request was not to talk about it but you know how that goes. Not enough to simply play a game, they have to be a victim and make it all about themselves by loudly declaring they want to "play a video game" despite kjowing how it hurts part of the community here. but also "fuck Rowling" or "I support trans rights" or whatever.

:spiders

Nobody is policing who is playing this game, WriterIntheDark is just helpfully taking notes of every implied purchase in a traditional 'what are you buying this month?' thread, cross referencing usernames against other social media and websites, and compiling a list of which media outlets are and are not going to cover its launch, and then making sure the thread who are apparently triggered by this news definitely knows about every single one of these people, like a good little informant ally.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39615 on: February 05, 2023, 10:20:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/same-sex-marriage-around-the-world-as-of-january-2023.683311/

look at this disgusting pro-colonizer propaganda against BIPOC people :wag

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39616 on: February 05, 2023, 10:25:35 AM »
I look forward to the at least 8 topics we’ll get on gaming side from people who claim they didn’t know and didn’t see the sticky.

So you can post them in the thread where people say it hurts them to see such things, right? U R A GUD ALLY ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #39617 on: February 05, 2023, 10:41:30 AM »
They still talk about Dragon Quest but isnt the creator or the guy who does the music a literal war denier or something

he dead and they danced on his grave so :elon
(ice)

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #39618 on: February 05, 2023, 10:52:19 AM »
Honestly, only game worth a rental this summer. Liking every game apparently cancels yourself.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 12:10:04 PM by Straight Edge »
Oi Oi

Propagandhim

« Reply #39619 on: February 05, 2023, 11:07:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/same-sex-marriage-around-the-world-as-of-january-2023.683311/

look at this disgusting pro-colonizer propaganda against BIPOC people :wag

Quote from: Gentlemen
To this day evangelical churches travel to Africa where they lobby for fundamentalist legislation that criminalizes the existence of gay and lesbian citizens. The hateful, murderous legacy of old colonialism lives on.

:wag

white evangelical missionaries control the governments of 54 African nations

Quote from: shintoki said:
Africa and Asia looking like the odd man out.

Quote from:
anamika
Reminder that in many of these countries homophobic laws are the legacy of British colonialism.
377: The British colonial law that left an anti-LGBTQ legacy in Asia
How Britain's colonial legacy still affects LGBT politics around the world
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/11/asia/british-empire-lgbt-rights-section-377-intl/index.html

It was the British who introduced their Christian laws against homosexuality into their colonies, then looted and destroyed these countries, took away their education and reduced them to poverty. And while the West got to progress and develop with their stolen loot and progress in society, Asia and Africa still has a ways to go to recover from that destruction inflicted on them.

This information should probably be in the OP to give context on the disparity.

Hopefully LGBTQ+ rights in these countries happens in my lifetime however, the religious grip on politics is also increasing in countries, so I don't know.

:wag :wag :wag

Quote from: RM8
I live in Japan and I'm not sure it's changing anytime soon to be honest.

Thanks Harry Truman.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 11:14:13 AM by Propagandhim »

BIONIC

« Reply #39620 on: February 05, 2023, 11:43:36 AM »
I’m sure all those Muslim countries would just adore the gays if it wasn’t for those pesky Brits lmao
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #39621 on: February 05, 2023, 11:45:35 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-40#post-100778941

:cop User banned (permanent): Troll account
Quote from: Shtef
If I am not welcomed and judged on this forum becuase I want to play hogwarts legacy, a video game, then please give me permanent ban.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #39622 on: February 05, 2023, 11:50:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-41#post-100783135

Quote from:  Crumrin
Quote from: ekim
I haven't played it yet but that's an interesting development. Between the trans-inclusive character creator and a trans-coded major NPC, it looks like Avalanche Software is doing some good things towards making transgender individuals feel welcome at Hogwarts. I think that's great.

Hogwarts hype
 :isthis
OBE

Propagandhim

« Reply #39623 on: February 05, 2023, 11:53:02 AM »
It would be pretty embarrassing and an indictment of thoughtless impulsivity on our forum if Hogwarts Legacy was actually trans-friendly, so.....shut the fuck up, we're not discussing this.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39624 on: February 05, 2023, 11:57:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-41#post-100783135

I haven't played it yet but that's an interesting development. Between the trans-inclusive character creator and a trans-coded major NPC, it looks like Avalanche Software is doing some good things towards making transgender individuals feel welcome at Hogwarts. I think that's great.

Hogwarts hype
it looks like Avalanche Software is doing some good things towards making transgender individuals feel welcome at Hogwarts. I think that's great.
Oh, now they care about the devs despite Ree saying fuck supporting the devs for making a trans genocidal game.

BIONIC

« Reply #39625 on: February 05, 2023, 11:57:42 AM »
The two most trans-friendly AAA games in recent years are also the only games they ever banned for being… :wut transphobic…  :derp :titus :derp
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39626 on: February 05, 2023, 12:11:24 PM »
Great forum you have there, Cerium I mean B-Dubs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39627 on: February 05, 2023, 12:18:30 PM »
Quote from: Kyuuji
I think the fact that this is your only post in the thread is interesting.

Kyuuji out for blood. How dare this bitch come into this thread. Bitch is probably cis too

BIONIC

« Reply #39628 on: February 05, 2023, 12:20:50 PM »

Kyuuji out for blood. How dare this bitch come into this thread. Bitch is probably cis too

:tinfoil :info :shaking
Margs

« Reply #39629 on: February 05, 2023, 12:22:09 PM »
Quickly there to enforce the thread as an approved-beliefs-only thread; got to immediately make sure anyone who's been following along but not posting knows they're not allowed to have thoughts about actual new information that comes out. Kyuuji's post and the ongoing fanfic of hate that thread writes on the regular ONLY. "Interesting you're only posting in this thread, the only part of the forum we allow Hogwarts Legacy discussion in, for the first time when there's actual information about what's in Hogwarts legacy."

Which is a pity, because there is interesting discussion to be had an actually supportive work being tainted by the source of funds and potential profiteer. But whatever positive representation is there must absolutely not be spoken as such.

The whole thing just gives off big Seinfeld 'why don't you want to wear the ribbon of allyship' vibes--nobody pretends this is anything other than posturing. Can't wait for the witchhunts (wizardhunts) of the next few weeks.

Propagandhim

« Reply #39630 on: February 05, 2023, 12:24:20 PM »

oh my god.  it's a benign comment about the game doing some nice things for trans people.   :lol   

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39631 on: February 05, 2023, 12:24:59 PM »
I don't think Rowling would attack the game for including trans people because it would contradict her public stance that she's totally okay with trans people existing. She merely wants to make their lives harder and worse in every imaginable way.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/post-100784650

Or... and this is a crazy idea, she really doesn't have a problem with trans people existing? Only god knows why it would bother a woman to be reduced to "womb owner"

BIONIC

« Reply #39632 on: February 05, 2023, 12:29:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wave-of-‘sushi-terrorism’-grips-japan’s-restaurant-world.683530/

https://twitter.com/takigare3/status/1619658064898166784

Quote from: AlgusUnderdunk, post: 100784437, member: 89263
Yeesh... If I saw someone doing that, I'd bite them.

Very normal response from a well-adjusted ResetEra DOT com member.
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #39633 on: February 05, 2023, 12:36:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2023-ot-1-kevins-no-good-very-bad-day.672442/page-41#post-100718530

Quote from: Plinko
I went from having hundreds of extra dollars at the end of each month to having trouble putting food on the table, and I got a ~$3000 raise last September.

:iface
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39634 on: February 05, 2023, 12:37:39 PM »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39635 on: February 05, 2023, 12:44:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-41#post-100785055
Kyuuji
It's the definition of a wolf in sheep's clothing. To have something that works to support and further an individual in harming trans people feature trans-positive things isn't great, it's insidious. A fictional trans character will never outweigh the real lives lost or endangered by Rowling's actions.
:era

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #39636 on: February 05, 2023, 12:50:49 PM »

Hogwarts hype

:cop User Banned (1 Month): Ignoring staff post to discuss banned game, trolling in a sensitive thread

:lol
OBE

Propagandhim

« Reply #39637 on: February 05, 2023, 12:51:50 PM »
"trolling"  :dead

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #39638 on: February 05, 2023, 12:57:09 PM »
what if the transgender npc gets joanne big mad tho?

i'm sure they'll make up something about a line said to said character is actually coded transphobia or some shit ala cyberpunk :society
(ice)

BIONIC

« Reply #39639 on: February 05, 2023, 12:57:27 PM »
But they’re all discussing the game! :rage :lol
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #39640 on: February 05, 2023, 12:59:45 PM »

:cop User Banned (1 Month): Ignoring staff post to discuss banned game, trolling in a sensitive thread

:lol
OBE

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #39641 on: February 05, 2023, 01:00:10 PM »

Like clockwork.

User Banned (1 Month): Ignoring staff post to discuss banned game, trolling in a sensitive thread

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #39642 on: February 05, 2023, 01:06:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-41#post-100785946

Quote from: Guppeth
Rowling says she "knows and loves trans people", so she's not going to oppose a trans character in her game. She's not going to outright say trans people must be destroyed. She's not the greatest writer, but she's smart enough to write between the lines. She boosts hateful people without repeating their hate verbatim.

It's why "show me where she said something transphobic" works so well.

:thinking
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39643 on: February 05, 2023, 01:08:50 PM »
"trolling"  :dead
How you gonna troll in a sensitive thread about a banned game that's literally forbidden to talk about yet said victims don't shut up about it? ???

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #39644 on: February 05, 2023, 01:08:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-41#post-100785946

Rowling says she "knows and loves trans people", so she's not going to oppose a trans character in her game. She's not going to outright say trans people must be destroyed. She's not the greatest writer, but she's smart enough to write between the lines. She boosts hateful people without repeating their hate verbatim.

Big fan of this weird cope they have about her being a shit writer. Most of these motherfuckers in that thread will have spent hundreds of units of their local currency at bare minimum on her writings and things based on it in their lifetime :girlaff
(ice)

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #39645 on: February 05, 2023, 01:26:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/massachusetts-prisoners-may-get-shorter-sentences-for-organ-donations.682069/page-4#post-100687321

:cop User Banned (Duration Pending Admin Review): Highly inflammatory attack towards another member, long history of hostility and inflammatory commentary
Quote from: Inkvoterad
Quote from: loco
I don’t see a problem with it. Their body, their rights. Many people that need a kidney would benefit from this since so many end up dead before its their turn in the donor line.
Message to anybody with this take: fucking end yourself. Gun, rope, literally anything. Just kill yourself you evil fucking ghouls, do the world a favor. Disgusting
OBE

ShutUp

« Reply #39646 on: February 05, 2023, 01:33:41 PM »

With replies like that one, can’t imagine why they have stayed out of that thread until now.

Boredfrom

« Reply #39647 on: February 05, 2023, 01:43:03 PM »
I told you, fucker is predictable.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39648 on: February 05, 2023, 01:50:07 PM »

I like this new twist of them admitting that they don't actually have much evidence they can hold against Rowling, but it's only because that damn TERF is too smart!

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39649 on: February 05, 2023, 01:52:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-hbo-shows-from-the-creators-of-forspoken-and-last-of-us-mega64.682189/page-3#post-100607665
Ree admins and mods, we know you watch this thread so why haven't you banned this user yet?
Lmao at these replies.
Pretty sure Mega64 featured a resetera thread in one of their vids for a similar type of response.
And does the dude in the thumbnail look white to you, posters on page 1?
Ovvv
.... yes? I'm a lightskin black dude and I'm several shades darker than him lol. Looks white with a tan, though I guess people are saying he's a "brown skinned Puerto Rican," whatever that means about his race.

Boredfrom

« Reply #39650 on: February 05, 2023, 01:56:40 PM »
At this point, I don’t think Kyuuji believe half of the shit she writes and just gets high by having so much power in a video game forum. And the mods are too stupid to realize this or are into it.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #39651 on: February 05, 2023, 02:07:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/armie-hammer-breaks-silence-on-sexual-abuse-allegations-%E2%80%98i-used-people%E2%80%99.683503/page-2#post-100783417

Quote from:  Stuntman
There's not such thing as cancelling people, i assume everyone on this forum or left leaning circles knows it, Hammer is literally explaining his heinous acts in The Guardian. It's not for the common people to decide if he loses his job or not (like chuds like to cry) it's just capitalisn choosing to not platform a dude that might be bad for bussiness, and we all know that it's just temporalily, i expect a redemption tour provided by his wealth and contacts in the industry.

The only cancelling that exist is the one that happens to minorities that lose their lives and poor people that lose their jobs so the CEO of a company can buy a yacht.

:comeon
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #39652 on: February 05, 2023, 02:14:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-41#post-100788535

Quote from: Osu 16 Bit
I obviously can't read her mind, but I get the impression she's mostly genuine about her feelings on trans people. Or rather, she thinks she is. Like she's the type of bigot that would have lunch with me and come away thinking I'm a good person. I am not one of those predators in the bathroom or out to groom kids or an extremist on twitter. I'm one of the good ones. Then she'd be too dumb, stubborn, paranoid, and filled with hate to piece together how dangerous and unfair this type of thinking is. I doubt in her mind she literally wants us all dead. The reality is her type of bigot is arguably more consequential and challenging for us than like, someone on the religious right who out right admits they hate us all.

Dismissing concerns? :popcorn
OBE

Propagandhim

« Reply #39653 on: February 05, 2023, 02:16:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/armie-hammer-breaks-silence-on-sexual-abuse-allegations-%E2%80%98i-used-people%E2%80%99.683503/page-2#post-100783417

Quote from:  Stuntman
There's not such thing as cancelling people, i assume everyone on this forum or left leaning circles knows it, Hammer is literally explaining his heinous acts in The Guardian. It's not for the common people to decide if he loses his job or not (like chuds like to cry) it's just capitalisn choosing to not platform a dude that might be bad for bussiness, and we all know that it's just temporalily, i expect a redemption tour provided by his wealth and contacts in the industry.

The only cancelling that exist is the one that happens to minorities that lose their lives and poor people that lose their jobs so the CEO of a company can buy a yacht.

:comeon

:beli
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 02:29:46 PM by Propagandhim »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39654 on: February 05, 2023, 02:24:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-41#post-100788535

Quote from: Osu 16 Bit
I obviously can't read her mind, but I get the impression she's mostly genuine about her feelings on trans people. Or rather, she thinks she is. Like she's the type of bigot that would have lunch with me and come away thinking I'm a good person. I am not one of those predators in the bathroom or out to groom kids or an extremist on twitter. I'm one of the good ones. Then she'd be too dumb, stubborn, paranoid, and filled with hate to piece together how dangerous and unfair this type of thinking is. I doubt in her mind she literally wants us all dead. The reality is her type of bigot is arguably more consequential and challenging for us than like, someone on the religious right who out right admits they hate us all.

Dismissing concerns? :popcorn

She was already walking on thin ice before and would have been banned a thousand times over if she didn't say she's trans. Wonder what will happen now that she dared to say that Rowling probably doesn't want to personally execute her (genocide denial!)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #39655 on: February 05, 2023, 02:25:03 PM »

I like this new twist of them admitting that they don't actually have much evidence they can hold against Rowling, but it's only because that damn TERF is too smart!

while on the other hand being a dipshit brainlet who accidentally created a multi billion dollar franchise!
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39656 on: February 05, 2023, 02:40:53 PM »
Look, it's very simple.

Satan JKR is insidious in their words and actions, and the people require a high priest influencer to interpret and warn you of those actions.

Luckily the true faithful who enact that will will upon others will be first to heaven  get to play Forspoken

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39657 on: February 05, 2023, 03:03:57 PM »
She's too coy in her wording and too consistent in her platforming of, and rubbing shoulders with, people who explicitly hate us — and don't shy away from saying as much — for me to lend any benefit to her being genuine when she says she loves trans people. If she had lunch with me she wouldn't take me as one of the good ones because I'd have no trouble telling her to her face what her actions have resulted in.

If a children's charity writes an open letter to you letting you know your actions have resulted in trans children attempting suicide, and your response is to campaign against them to the point where they're having to limit vital services then I struggle to believe you're someone who thinks you love trans people. This isn't the process of a person whose foremost thought on us is compassion.

I really don't see the point in giving concessions to Rowling. She knows what she's doing and she's deliberate in doing it. She's found a means of being openly bigoted that results in her being heralded as a champion of women's rights by the media apparatus of an entire country. Trans women being the enemy is the key element sustaining that glory. There's zero reason to believe she thinks she's genuine when she claims to care about trans people, when she's deliberately doing what she can to make our lives worse and has been doing so for years.

:mindblown

Kyuji is such a fucking snake.

Mermaids made a claim that not doing whatever teenagers state they want guarantees they will kill themselves, which is transparently horseshit.
Self-serving horseshit at that. It doesn't merit a fucking response, there is literally no foundation of evidence for that to be true in any sphere, whether thats gender identity or just wanting to do drugs and alcohol.

Her 'campaign' against them amounted to exposing what they were actually fucking doing under the guise of charity work.
Having to 'limit' vital services due to being overwhelmed by public vitriol was NOTHING to do with anything JKR said.

IT WAS BECAUSE A PRESS INVESTIGATION REVEALED THEY HAD A PAEDOPHILE AS A HIGH RANKING MEMBER OF THEIR EXECUTIVE BOARD

WEIRDLY as a fucking CHARITY DEALING WITH VULNERABLE CHILDREN there was a lot of public backlash!

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39658 on: February 05, 2023, 03:11:28 PM »
Most charities aren't involved in multiple lawsuits for inappropriare conduct, push for medical procedures that have not moved past clinical trials as routine procedures on minors, attempt to revoke the charitable status of other charities in court, while also being found guilty of multiple severe breaches of their own conduct under independent review, employ self confessed paedophiles in extremely senior positions of authority within the organisation, and are headed up by someone who performed medical tourism so as to avoid minimum age of consent laws.

Fucking JKR ruining their good name

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39659 on: February 05, 2023, 03:11:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/massachusetts-prisoners-may-get-shorter-sentences-for-organ-donations.682069/page-4#post-100687321

:cop User Banned (Duration Pending Admin Review): Highly inflammatory attack towards another member, long history of hostility and inflammatory commentary
Quote from: Inkvoterad
Quote from: loco
I don’t see a problem with it. Their body, their rights. Many people that need a kidney would benefit from this since so many end up dead before its their turn in the donor line.
Message to anybody with this take: fucking end yourself. Gun, rope, literally anything. Just kill yourself you evil fucking ghouls, do the world a favor. Disgusting
lmao of course ResetEra would approve a bit of casual organ harvesting. Maybe some hair too for the cancer patients non-binaries.
🤴