Author Topic: Elon Bought Twitter- X GON GIVE IT TO YA  (Read 77384 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Muskrat to Buy Twitter. Time to Abandon it.
« Reply #1920 on: December 29, 2022, 04:02:28 AM »

benjipwns

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1922 on: December 29, 2022, 11:20:41 AM »
I wish the twitter addicts weren't so fucking annoying and lame cos they're making me side slightly more with muskrat and he's a fucking boob :stahp
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1923 on: December 29, 2022, 12:01:53 PM »
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1924 on: December 29, 2022, 12:07:53 PM »
Robert Malone :nope
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1925 on: December 29, 2022, 04:54:36 PM »
I don't know if it's anything Elon did or stopped doing (i.e. moderation and censorship) but in recent weeks Twitter has become much more enjoyable for me.

- Trending topics are no longer heavily curated and limited to big news outlets, meaning you get the actual conversations people are having about movies, TV shows, games etc. .
- Smaller accounts are much more visible. When I used to click on a hashtag like #nintendo I would only get the official Nintendo channels, a bunch of third party publishers and lots of stuff from IGN and the likes plus the biggest influencers. Now I get a ton of smaller content creators with all sorts of fan art, gameplay clips and more.
- Fewer intrusive ads. Most ads seem tailored to the topic at hand. When I'm looking at video game tweets I get ads for video games not some Chinese winter circus, garden hose bullshit or whatever
- Less clickbait and repeated tweets from bots, pretty much everything is original content
🤴

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1926 on: December 29, 2022, 07:27:53 PM »
So Andrew Tate got arrested after his tweet accidentally revealed that he's in Romania, meaning if Musk had never unbanned him he would have never been caught. Elon, you genius.

benjipwns

« Reply #1927 on: December 29, 2022, 11:00:46 PM »
- Fewer intrusive ads. Most ads seem tailored to the topic at hand. When I'm looking at video game tweets I get ads for video games not some Chinese winter circus, garden hose bullshit or whatever
lol at you whitelisting Twitter

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1930 on: January 02, 2023, 09:21:15 AM »
Remember when Brianna Wu cut that one dudes brakes? That was a pretty rubbish thing to do to someone :fbm
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1931 on: January 02, 2023, 09:29:22 AM »
Better watch out Brianna or he'll drop some of those moon rocks on you

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1932 on: January 02, 2023, 09:35:45 AM »
Clicked on Brianna's profile to check, and she doesn't have a pateron, god bless Frank for funding the madness himself and not making Brianna not having to grift :playa
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1935 on: January 02, 2023, 10:58:37 AM »
Pedophiles and Nazi's are a booming market right now #lifehack #hustle #10xyourbusiness :money
🤴

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1938 on: January 12, 2023, 07:06:27 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2023/jan/08/elon-musk-drove-more-than-a-million-people-to-mastodon-but-many-arent-sticking-around

Elon Musk drove more than a million people to Mastodon – but many aren’t sticking around

More than 130,000 people were joining the new independent social media network a day in November. So why hasn’t it taken off?

The number of active users on the Mastodon social network has dropped more than 30% since the peak and is continuing a slow decline, according to the latest data posted on its website. There were about 1.8 million active users in the first week of January, down from over 2.5 million in early December.

Mastodon, an open-source network of largely independently hosted servers, has often been touted as an alternative to Twitter. And its growth appears connected to controversies at Twitter. But for many it doesn’t fulfil the role that Twitter did and experts say it may be too complicated to really replace it.

For many, Mastodon may have proved too hard to port over their communities and was just too complicated. Some may have gone back to Twitter, while others, said Coffey, may have dropped social media entirely.

“Everybody went and signed up [on Mastodon] and realised how hard it was, and then got back on Twitter and were like, ‘Oh, that’s, that’s hard. Maybe we won’t go there,’” she said.

“It’s like the people that said ‘I’m moving to Canada’ when Donald Trump was elected. They never actually moved to Canada.”

below this article:

:lol :lol
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1939 on: January 12, 2023, 03:23:14 PM »
Lol, The Guardian's e-begging is getting ridiculous.

Also:
“It’s like the people that said ‘I’m moving to Canada’ when Donald Trump was elected. They never actually moved to Canada.”
:dead

I suspect the people who read The Guardian, those that threatened to move to Canada and didn't, and those that threatened to leave Twatter and didn't have a very high overlap in a Venn diagram.
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1940 on: January 12, 2023, 04:02:41 PM »
Lol, The Guardian's e-begging is getting ridiculous.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
it's the fact that the article is all about how the great Twitter exodus isn't really happening, but then the e-begging goes on and on about failing Elon Musk with his tiny userbase
[close]
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #1941 on: January 12, 2023, 05:36:32 PM »
Also:
:dead

I suspect the people who read The Guardian, those that threatened to move to Canada and didn't, and those that threatened to leave Twatter and didn't have a very high overlap in a Venn diagram.
Yes, can definitely tell who they think their most willing to give audience is. :lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1942 on: January 16, 2023, 11:30:24 AM »
I think they changed their recommended tweets algorithm with the "for you" timeline? Because for some reason Twitter now thinks I'm really into clips of people fighting

jorma

« Reply #1943 on: January 16, 2023, 11:40:45 AM »
I think they changed their recommended tweets algorithm with the "for you" timeline? Because for some reason Twitter now thinks I'm really into clips of people fighting

idk, "if you're on twitter you're probably into watching people fight" sounds like solid reasoning to me  :elon

benjipwns

« Reply #1944 on: January 16, 2023, 09:45:07 PM »
One thing I'm grateful about Twitter is waking me up to the major literacy problem we have in this country, maybe especially among the college educated.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1945 on: January 16, 2023, 10:30:57 PM »
One thing I'm grateful about Twitter is waking me up to the major literacy problem we have in this country, maybe especially among the college educated.
:ohyou
Spud

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1946 on: January 19, 2023, 03:25:09 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/jan/18/twitter-revenue-drop-advertising-squeeze-elon-musk

Twitter remains in the grip of an advertising squeeze, with the social media platform hit by a 40% drop in revenue after more than 500 clients paused their spending, according to reports.

The company’s daily revenue was down 40% year-over-year, the tech newsletter the Platformer reported, while the news site the Information said staff were told more than 500 of Twitter’s top advertisers had halted spending since Elon Musk bought it in October.

Advertising is the main source of income for Twitter, accounting for more than 90% of its $5.1bn in revenue in 2021, but clients including Audi and Pfizer are among the firms that have paused after the Tesla CEO’s $44bn (Ł35bn) takeover.

Tasty

« Reply #1947 on: January 31, 2023, 07:16:54 PM »
https://gizmodo.com/instagram-artifact-social-media-news-1850054951

According to The Verge, one feature will show a feed of articles posted by people that the user chose to follow and will include commentary on the posts.

Holy shit! They just invented blogging and RSS!

The app will include publishers from both the left and right ends of the political spectrum, but Systrom said only outlets that adhere to quality editorial standards will be permitted to remain on the app. Artifact will reportedly work to remove outlets and posts that promote misinformation and will exercise its own judgment as to what can remain on the platform

I'm sure no one's going to have a problem with any of this. Nope.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1948 on: January 31, 2023, 08:23:50 PM »
The app will include publishers from both the left and right ends of the political spectrum, but Systrom said only outlets that adhere to quality editorial standards will be permitted to remain on the app. Artifact will reportedly work to remove outlets and posts that promote misinformation and will exercise its own judgment as to what can remain on the platform

Will be hilarious when all the lefty misinformation bloggers and YouTubers get banned.

I'm sure it goes without saying that the sperging right wingers will be up in arms also
[close]
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #1949 on: January 31, 2023, 08:27:25 PM »
What about outlets that completely fabricate stories without any sources?
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/814999056439214080

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1950 on: January 31, 2023, 10:10:26 PM »

According to The Verge, one feature will show a feed of articles posted by people that the user chose to follow and will include commentary on the posts.

Holy shit! They just invented blogging and RSS!

As long as I can call for the execution of the bourgeoisie every morning then they pass my test
:O

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1951 on: February 01, 2023, 12:28:46 PM »
What about outlets that completely fabricate stories without any sources?
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/814999056439214080
bernie wass an asset all along

:sad

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1952 on: February 01, 2023, 01:36:14 PM »
:bernie :putin

:hump
[close]
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1953 on: February 01, 2023, 01:41:10 PM »

Will be hilarious when all the lefty misinformation bloggers and YouTubers get banned.

I'm sure it goes without saying that the sperging right wingers will be up in arms also
[close]
Usually their definition for the moderate left is Pol Pot while anything to the right of and including Chris Pratt is considered a Nazi.
"quality editorial standards" as defined by the FBI, Raytheon Missile Systems and purple haired former Twitter employees.
🤴

HaughtyFrank

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1955 on: February 02, 2023, 10:38:09 AM »
musk bought twitter for the ai that's running on their servers

benjipwns

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1958 on: February 07, 2023, 03:51:36 PM »
dislikes incoming

you heard it here first

@elonmusk

Cauliflower Of Love

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1960 on: February 09, 2023, 11:30:26 AM »
Who'd have ever thought that this bigger scale than usual flaunting off twitter to mastadon/whoever would end up with the exact same result as all of the other times :titus

Its like those times people loudly declare they're leaving a message board but never do, except more people may have seen you make a tit out of yourself :girlaff
(ice)

Propagandhim

« Reply #1961 on: February 09, 2023, 12:08:26 PM »
You couldn't pick a worse name for a social media platform than "Mastodon", let alone how baffling it was for the average user to understand and navigate through their fetty wap-iverses or whateverthefuck.  I still have no idea what that feta cheese shit is.   Some STEM neckbeard probably thought he was a genius for that one.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

benjipwns

« Reply #1963 on: February 09, 2023, 09:10:24 PM »

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #1964 on: February 11, 2023, 12:41:04 AM »
You couldn't pick a worse name for a social media platform than "Mastodon"
Yeah, but it's a good fucking band though

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1965 on: February 11, 2023, 05:00:53 PM »
(ice)

Tasty

« Reply #1966 on: February 11, 2023, 05:09:32 PM »
You couldn't pick a worse name for a social media platform than "Mastodon", let alone how baffling it was for the average user to understand and navigate through their fetty wap-iverses or whateverthefuck.  I still have no idea what that feta cheese shit is.   Some STEM neckbeard probably thought he was a genius for that one.

It's almost like they tried to come up with the most pasty white boy STEM nerd name possible. Like as a joke.

PROTIP: Never give your tech product's name more than three syllables. (Unless you're Jeff Bezos.)

FOSS guys are literally the worst people on earth when it comes to naming things -- so much so there's been not one, but two failed attempts at renaming Gimp in the last 10 years. (It didn't stick.)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1967 on: February 11, 2023, 05:26:51 PM »
Maladjusted nerds pick silly names for products and other maladjusted nerds wonder why the mainstream doesn't use them...
 :ohhh
Spud

HaughtyFrank

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1969 on: February 12, 2023, 05:01:01 PM »
If Elon wants to fix Twatter and get rid of a bunch of overpaid, poorly performing staff, he should just get rid of "the algorithm" entirely and let people see the tweets of the people they follow...
Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1970 on: February 12, 2023, 06:03:39 PM »
have you considered how the algorithm may feel about all this?

chronovore

• relapsed dev

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1973 on: February 18, 2023, 05:36:22 AM »
Just got a notification that mobile number 2FA is now a bluetick only feature, and I don't like that

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1974 on: February 18, 2023, 06:04:03 AM »
Just got a notification that mobile number 2FA is now a bluetick only feature, and I don't like that

2FA is overrated, you just need a looooong password with words that are banned in China/Russia (i.e. the mecca of hackers).

So something like:

"Xi%Jinping#Loves!Winnie@The$Pooh@Putin!Is#A$Beautiful@Trans+Women"

They will have to decide if they want to hack you or be send to a prison/death camp and in some cases with their baked in censorship they will see your password as: ******************** :trumps
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1975 on: February 18, 2023, 07:10:30 AM »
You can still use any auth app for 2fa

but still shit
What

Kurt Russell

« Reply #1976 on: February 18, 2023, 05:16:25 PM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1627059645293670401
woke

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1977 on: February 18, 2023, 08:17:42 PM »
is this because there's an incredibly minor cost associated with sending a text, but app 2FA is just synchronized math?
Uncle

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1978 on: February 18, 2023, 08:44:53 PM »

2FA is overrated, you just need a looooong password with words that are banned in China/Russia (i.e. the mecca of hackers).

So something like:

"Xi%Jinping#Loves!Winnie@The$Pooh@Putin!Is#A$Beautiful@Trans+Women"

They will have to decide if they want to hack you or be send to a prison/death camp and in some cases with their baked in censorship they will see your password as: ******************** :trumps
:rofl

Coax

« Reply #1979 on: February 18, 2023, 08:56:45 PM »
is this because there's an incredibly minor cost associated with sending a text, but app 2FA is just synchronized math?

Elon penny pinching. App 2FA is sync'd in the sense they both are based on the current time but there's no communication between each other. It's a custom seed applied to a clock, basically.