Author Topic: ℝ𝔼𝕊𝕀𝔻𝔼ℕ𝕋 𝔼𝕍𝕀𝕃 𝟜 ℝ𝔼𝕄𝔸𝕂𝔼  (Read 18338 times)

Tasty

Tasty

Quote from: Kotaku
Oh well. It was bound to happen, I guess. Capitalism dictates that everything you love becomes bastardized at some point. Capcom, please just keep the camp of the original Resident Evil 4 intact. It’s all I ask.

:neogaf :heh :ufup :sabu :picard :pacspit :bolo :iface :girlaff

:crowdlaff :crowdlaff :crowdlaff :crowdlaff :crowdlaff

Polident Hive

Using cool young dude Leon from RE2R, they gotta up the horror. Can’t buy that Leon doing exploding head roundhouses and saying “no thanks, bro.”

Bebpo

So how much of the game are they gonna cut in this one? That's always been the issue with doing a full fledged HQ RE4 remake. Game is huge and a lot of asset work.

I mean I guess since RE8 was just RE4 Remake sorta they can re-use a ton of assets from RE8, but still if this is another RE3R people gonna riot.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
They’re gonna cut half the game and take out anything resembling camp  :foxx

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Still day one since I’m a dirty little RE slut
[close]
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
I see the President equipped his daughter with balistics too  :rodney

🤴

Tasty

Your right hand comes off? :rodney

Tasty

So how much of the game are they gonna cut in this one? That's always been the issue with doing a full fledged HQ RE4 remake. Game is huge and a lot of asset work.

I mean I guess since RE8 was just RE4 Remake sorta they can re-use a ton of assets from RE8, but still if this is another RE3R people gonna riot.
They’re gonna cut half the game and take out anything resembling camp  :foxx

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Still day one since I’m a dirty little RE slut
[close]

From the trailer it really doesn't seem they're toning Luis down at all.

I won't lie and say I don't have my concerns, but I'll be hopeful and optimistic until I play it. Then if it sucks, I'll tear it down worse than anyone here could ever do. :)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
DON'T FUCK UP THE GAME PLAY, CAPCOM :nothot

More interested in this than the previous two remakes. 
ど助平

Tasty

DON'T FUCK UP THE GAME PLAY, CAPCOM :nothot

More interested in this than the previous two remakes. 

FPS horror :larry

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
 :) if :) you :) hate :) the :) remake :) go :) play :) the :) original :)

RE2Make is great, and the original is great too
fat

Polident Hive

Was thinking they could expand the village areas and tone down the action movie parts. RE4 does get out there in the later half.

Wouldn’t be opposed to nixing the QTEs and Ashley defense parts.

Still surprised they haven’t revisited RE1 again or Code Veronica.

Rahxephon91

I mean I liked RE3R. I just like over the shoulder shooters and RE is the best at them.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Capcom has said that many of the Re2 remake team are working on this. :rejoice
🤴

Tycoon Padre

They should just pull the FF7:R/Eva Rebuild trick and have the opening village section be a fakeout before they spin it into something completely different. There's just no way they can make this a 1 for 1 remake and have it compare to the OG.

Give us the Leon fighting skosts game like in that original footage from 20 years ago.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Thats what I'm guessing they will be doing (maybe they are hoping milk a few sequels as well :money), unless "reimagined" story line means we've cut half of that shit out, live with it suckers :miyamoto

(ice)

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
this is primarily the RE3 team working on this? I know capcom moves devs around, like RE7 people helping out on DMCV.

So were the RE2 remake devs the ones that worked on Village?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Capcom has based the new model for Ashley on this Dutch instagram/youtube thot that is modeling in Japan

https://twitter.com/Eriza_Freya/status/1532750962070282244

🤴

Tasty

I'm gay but I approve. Ashley's OG model was fine but this is good too.

Rahxephon91

Not into weird white girls going to Japan to look like dolls.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 02:41:12 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Bebpo

Not into weird white girls going to Japan to look dolls.

Ahem, this is a non-judgmental forum.  :doge

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Hm dutch model ehh?

Wack
What

Hamarr

I wonder if they will try to give it a more serious horror feel to this remake. I did like what I played of the remake for RE2, and I love the original RE4. This was by far the most interesting thing about the Sony show.

Rahxephon91

I feel like that’s guaranteed. All the recent REmakes have had western staff on the writing team to help rid the hokeyness.

That said, I do hope it’s a little more light hearted. Then again it’s not like the Remakes aren’t still action schlock, just performed more competently.

Either way it’s gonna be different and that’s ok.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
OG RE4 has a lot of tension rather than horror for its gameplay and tone. I'm expecting that aspect to remain intact. RE4's gameplay shines due to crowd control and utilizing all your weapons to perfect crowd control.

I'm expecting enemies in REmake 4 to be very agile and utilize a lot of tools and crude weaponry, at the cost of not being spongy/being very vulnerable to being stunned by player weapons.

Villagers luring you into traps, purposefully pushing you into a corner or drawing your attention, less linear pathing so they can potentially stalk you or slowly follow you as you're progressing thru an area.

There's a lot that can be altered or changed that would add to RE4 as a game.
OH!

Tasty

RE4 is almost 20 years old jesus christ :existential

Svejk

This shit is looking guud. 

Pissy F Benny

who'd have thought 10 years ago that Capcom would be pretty much their only big publisher to have their shit together in 2022 :titus
(ice)

Tasty

who'd have thought 10 years ago that Capcom would be pretty much their only big publisher to have their shit together in 2022 :titus

To my mind, Capcom's the third party that has had their shit the most together since the NES days. Even their "dark era" had some good gems and the flops at least usually had something interesting going on.

Tasty

:hyper

Leon lookin' GOOD! :heartbeat

Svejk

Gonna be shamefully honest... I've only played RE4 once on GC. And my track record of long term memory from past games is total shyte.  :-[
This is going to be a pretty fresh experience for me.  Really stoked!

Tasty

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Svejk

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1620467469272883202

- Originally didn't want to do the remake
- Didn't want to start from scratch but rather dial things to 11
- Replayability and Flexibility on how you play were key pillars in development
- No QTES
- You can carry multiple knives (Game can also be beat with Knives Only)
- Laser Sight is an Upgrade, Yellow Herbs are in the game
- Ground Executions can prevent Plagas from forming
- R3 is used to command Ashley (She can follow closely or fall back but will not remain in one place)
- There are no dumpsters for Ashley to hide in this time
- Ashley does not have a health bar, but if she's damaged too much she will need to be revived. She'll die if attacked again in this state
- New Weapon "Bolt Thrower" has been added (Crossbow)
- New Enemy that wields a hammer and wears a bull mask
- More new enemies are also teased by Capcom
- There are sidequests in the game (can be numerous things to do such as fetch quests, puzzles, and more)
- Attache Cases can have perks now such as increasing ammo drops
- You can barricade during the house section like in RE2make
- The game blends Horror and Action very well

Gameinformer was hella impressed and wanted to play more after their time was up.
Saying that thus far, Capcom is nailing its goal here.

Himu

:bow :bow :bow

BTW you could always barricade in the house section. You push the shelves in front of the windows.
IYKYK

Tasty

:lawd I can't believe they're going to do it justice but seems like they are

MMaRsu

• Administrator
:bow :bow :bow

BTW you could always barricade in the house section. You push the shelves in front of the windows.

What

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
- No QTES

:noooo

Was looking forward to the new knife fight and laser room. Was hoping Capcom would take inspiration from the king David Cage.
 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YMAuLJ28BU0

thetylerrob

I'm still worried it's going to be too much of a horror game.

Tasty

#drunkpost
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2023, 02:47:34 AM »
March can't get here soon enough

Gonna mount Leon like a stallion  :tauntaun

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
How could they change the VA for the fucking Merchant?

What the shit is this trash
What

paprikastaude

Every major character in this series had like 5 different voice actors, faces and personalities :rogan

Now, changing the saving theme on the other hand :holeup But at least there is one, after RE2R and RE8 tried to dial them back.

Svejk

Trying to decide if it's worth getting the Deluxe version with this extra DLC or not...

Tasty

The "villain" filter looks pretty damn cool...

Wait Original Ver. soundtrack?? SOLD

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Pay more for this old ass music we made 15 years ago
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Insiders: "Krauser has been cut from the game"

https://twitter.com/RuleTimeSpace/status/1628879339420024832
🤴

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
This remake looks fucking wicked

Svejk

Wonder when that demo is suppose to drop...  Honestly though, at this point, not gonna even bother with it.  Have it pre-ordered already and ready to go in practically blind.   Short term memory FTW.   :rejoice

paprikastaude

Resident Evil 4: The Twin Snakes

Pissy F Benny

Does Leon do needless backflips in cutscenes now? :hyper
(ice)

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
That DLC looks very hot - I will be purchasing the special edition. Lever action shotgun :hyper

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Okay just watched that latest trailer and nearly cried cos of how good this looks

Polident Hive

« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 10:08:06 PM by Polident Hive »

Himu

Hell yes
IYKYK

Himu

Holy shit they're so fast now. I did the village part and these dudes run like 28 days later zombies. I'M SHOOK!

This is incredible!

Brehs I am telling you. I have mastered RE4 and I could barely survive the village section. They're fast as shit, they've changed the environments, sk you can't even use the same tactics like holing yourself up in the house and barricading the door because there's dudes inside it and the people are esk fast they're coming through the windows before you can do anything. The floor on the watchtower breaks so you can't hole up and hope they climb up to you either. Chainsaw dude cuts off entire pathways limiting your paths. I didn't even manage to kill him.

It's so incredible and I'm fucking jumping up and down on my couch because HOLY FUCK what an adrenaline rush.

RE4 is like my third favorite game of all time and I can't believe it's getting this treatment. I always thought there were very thingd they could to improve such a perfect game and they've gone and fucking done it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 11:55:43 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Aiming felt like shit, but still excited to play the game
fat

Himu

Aiming felt like shit, but still excited to play the game

Yeah aiming isn't the best. Will have to adjust. The contrast between the slower traditional RE4 aiming and the faster enemies makes for bad bed fellows. Turn the aim sensitivity slightly up and it's better.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 12:00:11 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

I'm getting a handle on the village. :)
IYKYK