Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 343416 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Warriors All-Stars Actually GOOD on PC! :O
« Reply #2100 on: August 30, 2017, 07:19:20 AM »
And continuing the trend of good news- Fire Emblem Warriors will run at 30 FPS at the default docked 1080P option...but you can also choose to lower the resolution to 720P and it will run at 60 FPS.
:itagaki
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2101 on: September 01, 2017, 03:04:00 AM »
Warriors All-Stars actually runs GREAT on PC and is staying at a smooth 60 FPS on my setup.  :o  Amazing.  Koei actually did a good PC port for once.

Avoid the console version; get this one!
Played a couple hours earlier, runs super great on my mid tier rig. :hyper
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2102 on: September 01, 2017, 07:36:52 AM »
It doesn't scale down well at all, unfortunately.  Crashed when I tried it on the GPD WIN and has a pretty bad framerate on the lowest settings at 640x400 (lol) on a Surface Pro 4.  But that's OK...as long as it runs well on a more capable setup!
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2103 on: September 01, 2017, 01:46:54 PM »
Hah, still better than most Musou ports. :-[
Hi

archie4208

« Reply #2104 on: September 13, 2017, 07:18:45 PM »

Lyn :lawd

Trent Dole

« Reply #2105 on: September 20, 2017, 11:08:45 PM »
Early 2018 worldwide :hyper
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Switch Up To Fire Emblem!
« Reply #2106 on: September 27, 2017, 04:02:31 PM »
Fire Emblem is out in Japan and it runs so well on Switch!
:lawd
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2107 on: September 30, 2017, 06:06:30 PM »
SW Spirit Of Sanada for PS4 is $20 on Amazon.  Might grab it for that price.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2108 on: October 05, 2017, 02:21:25 PM »

Gaf is pretty harsh on the game. But I think a lot of that is the roster picks.

As someone who hasn't played an FE game since Gamecube, and isn't going to remember/recognize any of the cast, how is this one as a musou game?
Fwiw I prefer shorter stages (like Gundam Musou 3), large movelists, good combo flexibility, loot systems and flashyness.
Things I don't care about in musou - AI, story

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2109 on: October 05, 2017, 03:00:25 PM »

Gaf is pretty harsh on the game. But I think a lot of that is the roster picks.

I read some people complaining that there's a number of clone characters, but even then the number of characters with unique movesets is higher than Hyrule Warriors, plus more are coming as DLC.

As someone who hasn't played an FE game since Gamecube, and isn't going to remember/recognize any of the cast, how is this one as a musou game?
Fwiw I prefer shorter stages (like Gundam Musou 3), large movelists, good combo flexibility, loot systems and flashyness.
Things I don't care about in musou - AI, story

So I know pretty much nothing about Fire Emblem and am just approaching this as a musou game.  Story stuff is kind of light; I think the two main characters are original (?) and they escape their kingdom getting taken over or destroyed or whatever, and their mother being (presumably) killed and carry a family crest that gets jewels encrusted in it from...the spirits of the warriors they encounter...?  It's weird and I've kind of skipped that shit.  Maybe I'll check it when the American version is out.  What I do like is that dialogue sequences play during loading screens.  You can skip by them too if you'd like.

I haven't had as much time to play it as I'd like, but progressed several stages in and got to where the game play systems start opening up.  So far, the stages haven't been too long and have felt "just right" length wise.  Not too short, but not too long either.  You can get new weapons/armor/abilities and characters have some pretty flashy moves.  Combos are pretty good from the start but am not sure how expansive it will get.  Not seeing any mounts to ride, but some characters are already on horses and the movement speed is fast enough where it doesn't feel necessary.

There is some strategy that opens up after a couple of levels.  The game's strategy elements are similar to Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 and Hyrule Warriors Legends, in that you can have a party of multiple playable characters and the AI will take over for characters you aren't controlling, and pausing the game brings up a map screen with little Fire Emblem-style 8-bit sprite versions of the characters that you can command to assist you, go to an area on the map, or go attack an area/enemy general.

I like what I have played a lot and this feels like a quality musou after a number of disappointments from Koei.  This is 100 times better than Arlsan and 10 times better than Berserk.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:05:35 PM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2110 on: October 05, 2017, 03:21:37 PM »
Oh yeah, I really like the meta strategy stuff in the stages in good musou games. Keeps it exciting and always something you’re rushing at.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2111 on: October 10, 2017, 01:42:23 PM »
Something I did not know- this game has two framerate settings- one lowers visual quality/resolution in favor of 60 FPS (!!!!), the other is the standard setting at 30 FPS.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2112 on: October 11, 2017, 07:56:32 AM »
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2113 on: October 17, 2017, 11:24:21 AM »

Three days.  :rock

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2114 on: October 17, 2017, 10:31:31 PM »
Can't wait...it's great! :drool
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2115 on: October 18, 2017, 12:31:17 PM »
73 on Metacritic.  Take away the musou penalty and that's like a 93.  :drool

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #2116 on: October 18, 2017, 07:17:18 PM »
I like good musou games but hate the focus on nu-fire emblem waifu bullshit casual ass fuckery, is it good if you aren't a post awakenings newcomer fanboy scum?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2117 on: October 18, 2017, 08:32:39 PM »
73 on Metacritic.  Take away the musou penalty and that's like a 93.  :drool
:heyman

I like good musou games but hate the focus on nu-fire emblem waifu bullshit casual ass fuckery, is it good if you aren't a post awakenings newcomer fanboy scum?

I don't know squat about Fire Emblem.  It's just a good musou game.  Taking a lot for me not to play the J-version right now.
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2118 on: October 18, 2017, 08:35:21 PM »
My waifu Camilla made the cut and that's all that matters. 

archie4208

« Reply #2119 on: October 19, 2017, 05:10:35 PM »

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #2120 on: October 19, 2017, 05:49:19 PM »
Season pass characters revealed

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-dlc-characters-revealed-azura-tharja-more/

No Epharim, Roy or Ike.  :fbm

meh... the season pass is shit... for a game that's supposed to be "a celebration of the fire emblem series" not sure why they focus only on latest shit (+shadow dragon scraps) for the DLC as well... also the apologists are out in full force with "just wait for the sequel for classic characters" after shifting from "just wait for more reveals for classic characters" and "just wait for the dlc for classic characters"

I'm still buying it because I want a musou and from that perspective it looks great, but its use of the FE franchise outside of the mechanics is trash. Doubt I'll get the season pass at all given the characters listed here.

edit: and some of those people in the DLC packs are actually already in the game as NPCS?  :lol

archie4208

« Reply #2121 on: October 20, 2017, 08:57:12 AM »
Unless I'm missing something, handheld mode is locked at 30 FPS which is disappointing as I loved playing Hyrule Warriors 3DS in bed.  :fbm

Otherwise it's a warriors game with a Fire Emblem skin which means I like it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2122 on: October 20, 2017, 09:00:02 AM »
Better or worse than Hyrule Warriors or Dragon Quest?

I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors (of what I played) and enjoyed Dragon Quest Heroes a bunch (finished that game). Dragon Quest did a very good job of not making it "feel" like a Musou game.
fat

archie4208

« Reply #2123 on: October 20, 2017, 09:09:19 AM »
I've only played ~an hour but it's much closer to HW than DQH.  The gameplay in FEW is your typical musou with Fire Emblem mechanics (most notably weapon triangle and pair up/support).  It doesn't have that slower, more weighty, feel that DQH has.  The AI is much better in FEW compared to HW though, and you can send them off to capture bases easily, assuming they have an advantage in the weapon triangle.  I'm still in the main story of FEW so I haven't got a chance to do its equivalent of Adventure Mode, where I spent like 80% of my time in HW.

To say if its better or worse really depends on how much you like the franchise.  I got over 100 hours between both versions of HW, whereas I only played about 20 hours of DQH as I'm not as much of a fan of that series.  I assume my FEW playtime will wind up being between those two games.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2124 on: October 20, 2017, 09:12:12 AM »
It's very much the "sequel" to Hyrule Warriors and has some of the same strategy stuff that Hyrule Legends on 3DS does. 

Unless I'm missing something, handheld mode is locked at 30 FPS which is disappointing as I loved playing Hyrule Warriors 3DS in bed.  :fbm

Otherwise it's a warriors game with a Fire Emblem skin which means I like it.

Yeah, appears to be locked when not docked.  Which is OK, because on the smaller screen and it looks and runs great at 30 FPS.  I never played the J-version undocked so I had no idea that the performance mode was a docked-only option.

There's a Japanese voice pack up on the eShop, BTW.  I think it's about 2.5 GB.
ど助平

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #2125 on: October 20, 2017, 06:56:32 PM »

I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors (of what I played) and enjoyed Dragon Quest Heroes a bunch (finished that game). Dragon Quest did a very good job of not making it "feel" like a Musou game.

because it's not.. it's a tower defense game with hack and slash

archie4208

« Reply #2126 on: October 21, 2017, 07:04:13 AM »
I played FEW like 5 hours yesterday.  Good shit.

DQH 2 is much closer to a typical musou than the prequel.

MoxManiac

« Reply #2127 on: October 21, 2017, 07:35:17 PM »
Is the 3DS version servicable? I want to play this but I can't see myself getting a switch any time soon.
no

archie4208

« Reply #2128 on: October 21, 2017, 08:08:05 PM »
I haven't played it, but it's New 3DS exclusive, and just looking at videos it looks really, really bad.

I'd honestly wait until you can get a Switch because it's amazing on that system. 

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2129 on: October 22, 2017, 01:20:52 AM »

There were hardly any levels that felt like Tower Defense. It was a non-issue.
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2130 on: October 22, 2017, 01:27:15 AM »
i never played a game like this before

is this button masher fighter with tons of enemies?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2131 on: October 22, 2017, 01:27:58 AM »
Yup, more or less. You run around big maps to do goals, while just beating up tons of enemies, using your "super move" and eventually having to beat a boss character.
fat

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #2132 on: October 22, 2017, 06:29:26 AM »
I got FE Warriors despite my misgivings of the cast and I am loving it.. It was a little confusing at first because of being able to send units to places, but once I got the hang of it, it's fucking great... they've also taken that into account with how the maps are designed and often have multiple things going on right at the start.. playing on hard and it's still pretty easy if you are dilligent in sending troops or anticipating where they will be needed, and adhering to the weapon triangle... I put it on casual mode because it's a musou and why would I want permadeath, but I don't think I've had anyone die yet and I'm on chapter 9... just want to finish this shit to get to the history/mission mode and waste the hours away!

archie4208

« Reply #2133 on: October 22, 2017, 02:59:00 PM »
I finished the first history map and harder battles showed up afterwards.  :omg

History mode is so much better than adventure mode in Hyrule Warriors.  There's less content overall, but I'll trade that for no "grind a shitty map to get an item to get to the next part".

Kiryu

« Reply #2134 on: October 22, 2017, 07:22:05 PM »
So how do the Strong Attack weapon skills work? Strong Attack IV says "Increases Strong Attack IV damage". Does that mean Y,Y,Y,X does more damage?

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #2135 on: October 24, 2017, 01:00:38 AM »
So how do the Strong Attack weapon skills work? Strong Attack IV says "Increases Strong Attack IV damage". Does that mean Y,Y,Y,X does more damage?

yes

I just beat the story mode on hard and it was great, now to move on to the actual game in the history mode maps!

« Reply #2136 on: October 24, 2017, 11:55:48 AM »
Is the 3DS version servicable? I want to play this but I can't see myself getting a switch any time soon.

Anyone else taking a chance on the 3ds version of FE warriors?  I'm taking the plunge.  I guess I'll post some impressions when it makes it in.  Zelda didn't turn out too bad on the system.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2137 on: October 24, 2017, 10:16:36 PM »
Post impressions...am curious how it runs.
ど助平

Para-Medic

« Reply #2138 on: October 24, 2017, 11:55:32 PM »
Tharja isn't in Warriors so I can't support it yet. DLC hopefully. (Not that I have a Switch yet, but hopefully sooner rather than later.)

Did anybody like Fate/Extella when that came out? It's already getting a sequel since it did so well stateside and in Japan. It had some interesting mechanics for a musou, like how power enemies could spawn randomly around the map even in already conquered zones...

archie4208

« Reply #2139 on: October 25, 2017, 09:25:32 AM »
So who are your favorite FEW characters?  My top 3 are Robin, Rowan and Camilla.  I hear Lyn and Anna have awesome movesets, but I haven't unlocked them yet.  I'd like Tiki more if she didn't feel so freaking weak.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2140 on: October 25, 2017, 11:52:46 AM »
Tharja isn't in Warriors so I can't support it yet. DLC hopefully. (Not that I have a Switch yet, but hopefully sooner rather than later.)

She will be in the second set of DLC, IIRC.

Did anybody like Fate/Extella when that came out? It's already getting a sequel since it did so well stateside and in Japan. It had some interesting mechanics for a musou, like how power enemies could spawn randomly around the map even in already conquered zones...

Yup; enjoyed it quite a bit overall, although the story dragged on way too much.  Looking forward to the sequel.
ど助平

« Reply #2141 on: October 25, 2017, 03:10:30 PM »
Post impressions...am curious how it runs.

Will do.  I'm expecting it to go a little smoother than zelda if only because it's N3DS only.

archie4208

« Reply #2142 on: October 25, 2017, 09:06:27 PM »
Has FEW crashed frequently for anyone else?  I'm like ~20 hours I've had 4 crashes, one of which was when I was doing the final story chapter on lunatic.   :maf

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #2143 on: October 25, 2017, 09:13:05 PM »
Has FEW crashed frequently for anyone else?  I'm like ~20 hours I've had 4 crashes, one of which was when I was doing the final story chapter on lunatic.   :maf

are you using performance mode? I've heard there are crashes using that mode with lots of effects and scrubz gettin owned on screen

Para-Medic

« Reply #2144 on: October 26, 2017, 12:00:56 AM »

She will be in the second set of DLC, IIRC.

Yup; enjoyed it quite a bit overall, although the story dragged on way too much.  Looking forward to the sequel.

Hohoho, well if Tharja is confirmed DLC than once I get a Switch I have to get FEW.  :teehee

I actually thought Fate/Extella's story was kinda small compared to Fate/Extra. It certainly drags because it's the same story told from 3 different perspectives, but eh, maybe people aren't used to wordy stories in Musou games.  :lol

I'd be happy if they just make the sequel a little less grindy. Took me like a month+ to platinum it, and some stages could take an hour+ because of having to recapture zones from the constantly spawning Plants.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2145 on: October 26, 2017, 08:09:18 AM »
Extella to me was like 50% visual novel and 50% game play.  And yeah, it was having the same story basically three times that got old quick.  Plus too much waifu shit, even for me.

The constant enemy respawns could get ridiculous.  There were a few sessions where one level took me like two hours to complete because the enemies kept coming back and reclaiming zones before I could get back to them fast enough, lol.

I still need to go back and play some of the other side story characters' levels, but dunno if that will ever happen at this point.

Hopefully the sequel has more playable character variety in the main story and has more varied enemy types.
ど助平

Para-Medic

« Reply #2146 on: October 26, 2017, 12:04:33 PM »
I agree on every front. Even the Waifu stuff. Just kinda started skipping past a lot of the mushy scenes, and I love waifu shit normally. :lol

I guess the sequel has a proper name, http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Fate/Extella_Link And it looks like the only new character so far is Charlemagne. Hope they got some more up their sleeve. Would love to see some more Fate/Apochrypha characters.

« Reply #2147 on: October 27, 2017, 11:02:44 PM »
FE Warriors arrived.  It has permadeath mode?  Hahaha that's amazing.

Initial impression from tutorial mission is that it runs great, it's a solid 30, with slight drops if it gets too crazy.  Models are terrible, it's definitely not a looker, but it sure plays A-OK.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:07:04 PM by pancakesandsex »

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2148 on: October 28, 2017, 01:53:54 AM »
Played about five hours of FE Warriors.  It's a great game.  I was listening to The Cruncheons and other podcasts so I didn't listen to the voice acting or the soundtrack.  It's probably better that way.
🍆🍆

archie4208

« Reply #2149 on: October 28, 2017, 07:25:40 AM »
The VA isn't bad, but it isn't memorable.  Darios is the only one that stands out as being very good.  It's a shame too because I thought FE Echoes had some of the best VA for any game this year.

FE Warriors arrived.  It has permadeath mode?  Hahaha that's amazing.

Initial impression from tutorial mission is that it runs great, it's a solid 30, with slight drops if it gets too crazy.  Models are terrible, it's definitely not a looker, but it sure plays A-OK.
In classic mode you have to pay to revive a dead unit.  I haven't actually had any units die so I don't know how much it costs.

Also there is an option to toggle performance mode to get 60 FPS at the cost of a lower resolution.  It's a worthwhile tradeoff in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:31:15 AM by archie4208 »

« Reply #2150 on: October 28, 2017, 10:49:39 AM »
One thing that bugs me is it seems there's no way to turn on life bars for the standard mooks?

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #2151 on: October 28, 2017, 07:59:56 PM »
One thing that bugs me is it seems there's no way to turn on life bars for the standard mooks?

???

why would you want this?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2152 on: October 28, 2017, 10:12:44 PM »
Finished chapter 12 and cleared all chapters at all difficulty levels up to 12.  About 13 hours in.

+ The most competent team AI I've seen in a Musou game.  A frequent issue is that your generals or other characters can have a tendency to stand around with a thumb up their ass while a few seconds away the enemy is about to take your fort.  This is not the case with this game.  In addition to that...
+ The team AI actually deals damage to the enemy.  Another issue with many past Musou games is that you have some beast of a character just poking once in a while at an enemy.  With this game, I can send them over to a fort and within a couple minutes they'll likely have it taken down.  Not to say it is perfect and it happens that way every time because it definitely doesn't.  However this was impressive to me as someone who has played these games since Dynasty Warriors 3 on Xbox.
+ I did eventually turn up the volume to hear the music and VA.  The Musou buttrock I love with competent VA.  Not bad.
+ The game will let you keep experience that you gain if you lose and decide to quit.
+ I'm glad you can skip cutscenes.  I do it every time :bobby

~ If the map is manic enough, it can be difficult sometimes to see certain objectives.  Most of the time it is ok but sometimes it is hard to see without having to pause.  They could have shrunk down some of the generic soldier icons or let you customize it.  A nitpick for sure.
~ If you're forging a weapon, you shouldn't just be limited to one attribute that can be forged to the other.

- Maps are pretty bland looking.  Reminded me a lot of the first Gundam Musou game, which reminded me a lot of the PS2 era Musou games.
- Dumb waifu dialogue.  I guess this is modern Fire Emblem so I don't know what I was expecting.

Great Musou game.  I'm a little over halfway done and already bought the season pass.  Looking forward to playing through the rest of it.
🍆🍆

Rise

« Reply #2153 on: October 28, 2017, 11:08:26 PM »
Got FE for $40 with ebay coupon. Hope it can get me back into Musou, the over-saturation of mediocrity has made me stay away for the past almost 2 years :(

Ever since that horrible Arselan game they've slid downhill in quality  :yuck I liked SW4E a lot but that was still just an expansion from an old game.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2154 on: October 29, 2017, 02:44:41 AM »
Fire Emblem is a return to greatness for them.  I'm looking forward to getting back to it, but for now..MARIO.

Arslan was total garbage...I was incredibly disappointed by it, because when I watched the anime, I kept thinking "holy shit!  This is like a Dynasty Warriors-style anime!" and then when they announced a game, I figured it would be perfect.  And they ruined it.  :-\  How you can fuck up your umpteenth musou game is beyond me, but they succeeded.  And then Berserk was just another snoozer.  Better than Arslan, but so mediocre.

Dunno what happened, but it was like things were going well up until Dragon Quest Heroes 2 came out.  Pretty much everything that followed up until this was either mediocre or crap from what I played.  I did skip the Attack On Titan game, so maybe that was good, but I just didn't care.   

Then there was Warriors All-Stars.  Looking at it as a beat-em-up, it's not bad and has some really fun characters.  The problem is that it feels rushed, is lacking in the roster department, and has little in the way of strategy.  I think it's still a good game, but it's so much worse compared to Warriors Orochi 3 and runs like dogshit on consoles.  However, if you have a good PC setup, it runs great and I'd recommend getting it on that platform.

But I'd get Fire Emblem over that as well.

If you do want something else that's awesome, check out Capcom's Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi on PS4.  It's the base game and the expansion together and it's another excellent game, although it's only in Japanese.  Avoid Sengoku Basara Sanada Yukimura-Den, which came out afterwards.  Like Koei's Spirit Of Sanada, this focuses on Sanada and crew and has only a few playable characters in the story, and just felt like DLC that could have been sold for SB4 for $20.
ど助平

Rise

« Reply #2155 on: October 29, 2017, 03:01:25 AM »
All-Stars looked decent, but it seems like such a huge step back from WO3U. Don't know why they just didn't build off of that and add the new Koei characters in. Didn't really wanna drop $60 on it.

Berserk was....  :doge I kinda lost faith after they managed to fuck up a Berserk Musou (and I don't even like Berserk, it just seemed like one of those things that would be easy to adapt to Musou), but FE's reception gives me hope. DW9 looks interesting but I really hope the PC port is good cause the PS4 framerate looks godawful.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2156 on: October 29, 2017, 03:10:37 AM »
I'm not really that hyped for DW9.  Hope it's good, but am not thrilled with what I've seen...I don't think I like the open-world aspect of it.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2157 on: October 29, 2017, 08:42:54 AM »
I haven't been impressed with a mainline Dynasty Warriors game since Dynasty Warriors 5.  7 was a pretty nice reboot but the mainline series hasn't been good for a while.
🍆🍆

« Reply #2158 on: October 29, 2017, 03:22:26 PM »
I haven't been impressed with a mainline Dynasty Warriors game since Dynasty Warriors 5.  7 was a pretty nice reboot but the mainline series hasn't been good for a while.

I'm sorta with you on that.  8 was a better version of 7 all around, but still lacks the meta layer that made 5 great.  I really think they've lost the plot a little in terms of what made the series great on ps2.  DW5, SW2, and Warriors Orochi 1-2 (and from what I understand 3) were the last ones that felt "right".  Maybe they have shuffled some of that off to empires for the most part, to keep the mainlines more story focused to appease modern experience gamers and western press which never liked the games anyway?  I've got a backlog of SW4-42-Empires and DW8 empires to try still.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2159 on: October 29, 2017, 09:50:50 PM »
For FE Warriors, I beat the mainline game on the first three difficulty levels.  Finished at a little over 19 hours.

I am going through Lunatic mode and getting the next set of scrolls (or whatever they are called) from Anna.  I won't be grinding to max out everyone's skill trees.  Not going to farm for hours to get enough dragon claws (or whatever).

I think this is a really good Musou game.  I still like Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate better but this one is up there.

Edit: One chapter I really disliked was the...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
...chapter with Xander and Ryoma where you had to make sure their bases were taken down at around the same time as each other.  This was manageable and easy with the first two difficulties but it seemed way too arbitrary on the hard difficulty.  I could do everything right and then one of them would die.  It was a pure chance of luck that I was able to clear that stage.  I had to replay it a few times which gets frustrating after a couple of times.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 10:09:26 PM by Olivia Wilde Homo »
🍆🍆