Author Topic: International Politics Thread - Disease and Disaster  (Read 1303080 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: International Politics Thread - Russia + China = World superpowers
« Reply #4500 on: August 10, 2018, 10:10:47 PM »
No, not Daddy P!  :'(
dog

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #4501 on: August 10, 2018, 10:16:13 PM »
We should work to ensure the release of the Crank Dad and facilitate his emigration to Saudi.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4503 on: August 11, 2018, 06:38:22 AM »
Saudi's following the gospel of Jordan Peterson would be lit af.  :lol
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4504 on: August 11, 2018, 06:40:18 AM »
It's more likely to be Jordan Peterson following the gospel of Saudi if it ever came to that...
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4505 on: August 12, 2018, 04:16:28 PM »
https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1028694109538668544

Boris has started his campaign by winning over the press.
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #4506 on: August 12, 2018, 04:42:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/SteveStuWill/status/1028672463729643521

Not sure how much truth there is to this, but the results are surprising.   Human capital flight and brain drain's a bitch.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 04:53:37 PM by Propagandhim »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4507 on: August 12, 2018, 04:53:43 PM »
Turkey is now going completely down the train.

Today Erdogan:
- Said it was a plot against his country by the US
- Told the industrialists to keep the economy running or else he'd go with 'plan B or C'
- Threatened market speculators that there would be consequences if they kept undermining his economy
- Threatened the US with actions on 'their soil'
- Introduced some sort of Hitler salute to his followers

The market reaction was predictable
https://twitter.com/JavierBlas/status/1028728196081111040

The Lira is now worth less than the Libyan currency.
Turkey has gone bust.
🤴

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #4508 on: August 12, 2018, 04:55:59 PM »

Not sure how much truth there is to this, but the results are surprising.   Human capital flight and brain drain's a bitch.

Sort of pointless without controlling for percentage of the population with postsecondary degrees.

Also, muh bio truths.

Propagandhim

« Reply #4509 on: August 12, 2018, 05:22:22 PM »

Sort of pointless without controlling for percentage of the population with postsecondary degrees.

Also, muh bio truths.

See, I kinda see this as dismantling "bio-truthers" -- the more aggressive condemnations of the Damore paper cited an implication that Damore was a sexist who thought that women were just not as smart as men in the aggregate (even though this wasn't explicitly stated in the paper), but the discrepancies between nations here shows something else at play (if there's any truth to be gleaned from this chart).

Kara

« Reply #4510 on: August 12, 2018, 05:37:29 PM »
I don't disagree; I should have made an intelligent post instead of shitposting.

Curious as to why Russia isn't on there, especially since (I assume) they would score highly on the X axis but low on the Y axis. (For example, medicine is historically not a prestigious profession in Russia so women tended to congregate there.)

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4511 on: August 12, 2018, 08:11:20 PM »
STEM is generally filled with losers in Finland, it's not prestigious at all. Same thing for Scandinavia i think. Medschool is the hardest and prestigeous(arguably) you can get into(the exam is also based solely on physics, chemistry and biology) and it's about 50/50.

I think a study like that should consider that STEM fields are not ranked equally between countries. I don't know if it will have a big impact but it could be a variable.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 08:16:15 PM by Nabbis »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4512 on: August 19, 2018, 06:18:51 AM »
The Austrian foreign minister got married and there was a "surprise" guest.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Giving a speech

Colluding with the dogs

Planting a listening device on the minister (and bride)

Colluding with the Austrian chancellor

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/58327
[close]
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4514 on: August 20, 2018, 07:46:58 AM »
https://twitter.com/eucopresident/status/1031431239641845760

first against the wall

Maybe we should just ban all politicians from social media.  :thinking
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4515 on: August 20, 2018, 09:09:18 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4517 on: August 26, 2018, 04:56:40 AM »
Listened to a podcast about Nicaragua yesterday, things are not good over there with 300 people killed in a matter of months because of the repression of a nationwide protest against president Ortega. Ortega started playing with fire when he ran for re-election against the limits set by constitution some years ago but the camel's back broke recently more on account of increasingly obvious nepotism and power concentrating into fewer and fewer hands : his current vice president (and possible successor candidate) is his wife, his children get to represent Nicaragua in international events over the foreign affairs minister or are in charge of negotiating huge infrastructure projects (notably the outline of a Nicaragua canal which a Chinese billionaires wanted to bankroll). Palace politics have gotten so bad that there's apparently conflicts between those talking to Ortega and those who have his wife's ear (as evidenced by recent negotiations with unions over divisive reforms of the social safety net).

Church tried to mediate talks but is now no longer trusted by Ortega and the Army explicitly said they were sitting this out.

The same show had a discussion about the country a year or so ago and the contrast was pretty stark.
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4518 on: August 26, 2018, 07:10:59 AM »
Listened to a podcast about Nicaragua yesterday, things are not good over there with 300 people killed in a matter of months because of the repression of a nationwide protest against president Ortega. Ortega started playing with fire when he ran for re-election against the limits set by constitution some years ago but the camel's back broke recently more on account of increasingly obvious nepotism and power concentrating into fewer and fewer hands : his current vice president (and possible successor candidate) is his wife, his children get to represent Nicaragua in international events over the foreign affairs minister or are in charge of negotiating huge infrastructure projects (notably the outline of a Nicaragua canal which a Chinese billionaires wanted to bankroll). Palace politics have gotten so bad that there's apparently conflicts between those talking to Ortega and those who have his wife's ear (as evidenced by recent negotiations with unions over divisive reforms of the social safety net).

Church tried to mediate talks but is now no longer trusted by Ortega and the Army explicitly said they were sitting this out.

The same show had a discussion about the country a year or so ago and the contrast was pretty stark.
:snore

Does Ortega have any illegitimate children, mistresses, memes, crooked lawyers or tapes?
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4519 on: August 26, 2018, 11:59:50 PM »
Facebook Fueled Anti-Refugee Attacks in Germany, New Research Suggests
I think maybe the mass sexual assault/rape event by refugee's on German women fueled that. Just maybe.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4520 on: August 27, 2018, 12:08:30 AM »
You sure you think? 

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4521 on: August 27, 2018, 12:40:43 AM »
Not sure, ask all those German women who were assaulted and had their government pretend like it didn't happen.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4522 on: August 27, 2018, 12:42:28 AM »
 ::)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4523 on: August 27, 2018, 12:45:39 AM »

could be this fueling attacks on refugees. Maybe there were good people on both sides  :trumps

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4524 on: August 27, 2018, 01:03:43 AM »

I don't think this abuela is unreasonable at all.

Mollys Fruity Loops

« Reply #4525 on: August 27, 2018, 06:47:29 AM »

Those kids are so disrespectful  :yuck

But hey if its not in the MSM its not true right...
RESIS

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4526 on: August 27, 2018, 02:55:00 PM »
A woman was allegedly harassed at a German festival by refugees last weekend but police say there is no evidence.
Next a multi-nationality knife fight broke out and two Germans got severely wounded and one died after he was fatally stabbed by Syrians and Iraqi's.

Now these dudes started protesting
https://twitter.com/FULLFRAMEBUZZ/status/1033884533991596033

https://twitter.com/felixhuesmann/status/1034120938776932352

There's also videos of these gestapo wannabe's beating up random people in the streets and the police yesterday as they gathered for this event.

Good job Merkel!
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #4527 on: August 27, 2018, 02:59:27 PM »

should the media be devoting more coverage to disrespectful teens

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4528 on: August 27, 2018, 03:10:08 PM »

should the media be devoting more coverage to disrespectful teens
One of the big problems for Europe is that 'shit' happens.
And the regular channels don't report on it. That's not only violence but also say protests in France or crucial EU votes.
In my country the head of public broadcasting said that he wanted to keep things 'fun'.

It's all swept under the rug. Sometimes if you want to see a EU press conference you have to turn to RT because they are the only ones carrying it.
The lack of media coverage is just opening the door for people to look for their news elsewhere.

The most striking example of this was the war in Ukraine and the protests in Greece.
If you watched local channels you'd think that Ukraine had a few protests in the capitol and I remember the reporter say: "Today it's relatively calm in Kiev and the rest of the country and people feel very confident in their new leadership!"
At the same time I had a live feed of a Ukraine/Russia border tank battle on my PC monitor.

If I didn't turn to Twitter I wouldn't know that there was a Festival stabbing in Germany and 1000's of Neo-Nazi's are marching in some city in protest.
Again, RT has a live feed of this shit. Sure, it's Russian propaganda to show how badly the EU is doing and that the degenerate fascists cannot control their citizens etc. but there is no 'counter' coverage of this event as it happens.
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #4529 on: August 27, 2018, 04:20:17 PM »
Ok but the tweet you posted saying those neonazis were going around beating up anyone non-German was deleted. Not only that, it comes from an account called Full Frame Buzz, which 1) has 34 followers and 2) doesn't appear to be an actual news organization, just an account trying to pass itself off as one. So that's a tweet that even an apparently fake news agency felt the need to delete.

One bad news source doesn't seem like a big deal--there was a neonazi march, albeit (as far as I can tell) without mass violence. But look at the narrative you create out of one bad source and a stabbing at a festival, a seemingly pretty random and routine crime. Suddenly Germany is in crisis, conflict stalks the streets, anarchy is about to break out. All this despite the lowest crime rates in Germany in 30 years and crimes by refugees sharply down from their peak in 2016.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4530 on: August 27, 2018, 05:16:20 PM »
Ok but the tweet you posted saying those neonazis were going around beating up anyone non-German was deleted. Not only that, it comes from an account called Full Frame Buzz, which 1) has 34 followers and 2) doesn't appear to be an actual news organization, just an account trying to pass itself off as one. So that's a tweet that even an apparently fake news agency felt the need to delete.
The German government made a statement condemning the violence and there's plenty of other accounts posting the same thing. This was just one of many that popped up.
That doesn't change the fact that it happened. The Afd also made a statement that they didn't partake in the violence (they held their smaller protests before the far right did).

One bad news source doesn't seem like a big deal--there was a neonazi march, albeit (as far as I can tell) without mass violence. But look at the narrative you create out of one bad source and a stabbing at a festival, a seemingly pretty random and routine crime. Suddenly Germany is in crisis, conflict stalks the streets, anarchy is about to break out. All this despite the lowest crime rates in Germany in 30 years and crimes by refugees sharply down from their peak in 2016.
I don't think we should have this trend where everything that happens in Europe becomes normalized or swept under the rug.

- Tanks in Ukraine? Ok, no big deal
- Racist violence or mass rape in Germany? Meh
- Terrorism in France? Jesus, again, we just had a mass casualty event last week not changing my Facebook avatar this week smh

Because 7 or 8 years ago, we didn't have this shit and now we just have to accept that this is the new status quo for the EU and I say fuck that.
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #4531 on: August 27, 2018, 06:09:33 PM »
8 years ago Europe was in the middle of the worse economic crisis in 80 years, to put into perspective the crises of today. 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4532 on: August 27, 2018, 06:25:24 PM »
8 years ago Europe was in the middle of the worse economic crisis in 80 years, to put into perspective the crises of today.
Caused by pretty much the same idiots who run the shitshow today.

But German TV was sure to teach their citizens that Greeks were LAZY and the banks were really nice for lending them all that money at insane rates.  :doge
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4533 on: August 31, 2018, 04:15:36 AM »
Geert Wilders "had" to pull his prophet Muhammed cartoon thing cause he was getting too many death threats.

Congratulations Islamic countries for proving him right. This crap only serves to bolster these far-right parties even more.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4534 on: August 31, 2018, 05:33:35 AM »
I have a question for our Swedes. It's looking like it's pretty much going to be a deadlock with the Sweden Democrats holding the balance of power. I assume this means "Grand Coalition" as I can't find anything at all suggesting the two "alliances" will break their cordon sanitaire to deal with them. And literally no other combination of seats seems likely to be able to form a government.

If I'm not mistaken, your former union partner and neighbor had a similar situation with their Progress Party until it slightly moderated and no possible non-Left majority could be formed without it so they were finally accepted into government a few years back.

Is it still too early for that with the Democrats? Or are the Moderate-Centre-Liberal-Christian Democrats desperate enough to pull the trigger? Or at least reach some kind of supply support?

Any debates or anything coming up that the Democrats could use to reverse their slide and move back into second place to really fuck shit up? Can't seem to find English stories on if there's another debate or forum or some event or not.

Did find this from a poll last weekend:
A survey by the pollster Novus in August showed SD’s immigration policies had much more support among voters than those of any other party; it also ranked joint second on healthcare and a close third on law and order.
Last one seems to be a problem for them actually considering their main shtick.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4535 on: August 31, 2018, 05:37:41 AM »
Microsoft will impose to it's US contractors to have 12 weeks of parental leave.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/30/microsoft-contractors-paid-parental-leave
ὕβρις

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4537 on: August 31, 2018, 09:55:01 AM »
Not really. If you keep choosing to do something that only serves to piss off large groups of people, and only do it to piss off large groups of people, don't be surprised when they get pissed off.

It doesn't personally affect me, but I've never seen a muhammad drawing that wasn't done to shit on people.

This dude is a far right shithead. Of course it's done to piss off people. It's also the reaction he wants.

"Look at how violent these people are over a harmless cartoon."

More and more people are voting for this guy and the other far right shithead we got. The Islamic people that just protest won't make the news. The ones sending death threats will though. Most of what people got to see here were brown skinned people burning Dutch flags.

Do you think the dude actually cared about the dumb contest? He already got what he wanted.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4538 on: August 31, 2018, 03:52:43 PM »
It took the Dutch exactly 4 days to capitulate after the Pakistani's threatened with nukes.

Just sayin'
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4539 on: August 31, 2018, 06:22:27 PM »
In Germany 10 - 15 Syrian refugees have stormed a nightclub with knifes and steel clubs. They fled the scene when the police arrived after shouting 'Alluah Ackbar' beating up a few people.
At first they managed to all escape but the next day one of them beat up a German in the streets and he was arrested and linked to the earlier incident and an earlier assault with a baseball bat.

Meanwhile soccer games have been cancelled in Eastern Germany as the police needs all their manpower to handle protests in the city of Chemnitz

Today at the central train station in Amsterdam police shot and wounded a 19 year old Afghan granted asylum by Germany who had stabbed two people at random.
The police doesn't rule out a terrorist motive.

This shit has got to stop.  :doge
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4540 on: August 31, 2018, 06:30:02 PM »
stop what? there are not any problems from refugees, people are just racist against them  :lol

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4541 on: August 31, 2018, 07:16:54 PM »
Real question, anyone know any good documentaries about life as a refugee in Germany? Willing to read English subtitles. Also, how about some really long in-depth articles? I remember spending a few hours about life in a bad Chicago neighborhood and thinking "oh, now everything makes sense." Would like the same experience with this "situation", which is so far away from my comprehension I can't form any opinions about it.
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4542 on: August 31, 2018, 08:26:49 PM »
Real question, anyone know any good documentaries about life as a refugee in Germany? Willing to read English subtitles. Also, how about some really long in-depth articles? I remember spending a few hours about life in a bad Chicago neighborhood and thinking "oh, now everything makes sense." Would like the same experience with this "situation", which is so far away from my comprehension I can't form any opinions about it.
In The Netherlands the government provides the following to any asylum seeker that awaits processing in an asylum center
- Allowance money
- Pass for public transit
- Food
- Shelter
- Education
- Free Wifi
- Healthcare (free)
- Dental care (free)

In The Netherlands the government provides the following to any asylum seeker that is either accepted (= has a legal status) or pending legal status after staying in the asylum centers
- Welfare benefits
- Healthcare (free)
- Dental care (free)
- Housing (paid for mostly by welfare benefits or highly subsidized)
- Appliances (free - if needed)
- Education (free)
- Language courses / get-to-know the country courses (paid - unless the refugee has no means to pay for it)
- Family reunion (basically any refugee is allowed to bring over their immediate family (kids/wife(sometimes underage), exceptions are also often granted for brothers, cousins, aunts, parents)
- Childcare benefits (basically every parent(except for the wealthy) receives government money to help pay for education, clothing, sports memberships, presents etc.)

What it can't provide
- Psychological help (mismanagement in this field has severely reduced this on a local level)
- Location of their own choosing (housing is provided by the government and thus refugees can't pick and choose the city they want to live (unless they arrange housing themselves after obtaining legal status)
- Protection for LGTBQ / Qurds / Christians in asylum centers (those people are often housed elsewhere to prevent 'conflicts' with the other refugees)

In Germany the rules are basically the same.
The above is why thousands of Africans voluntarily drown every week in order to reach the shores of Europe.

To get a legal status all you need to do is:
A. File the paperwork
B. Show the intend that you wish to learn the language
C. Pass a simple test
D. (in some cases) Produce evidence that shows that your own country is not safe to live in and that you are a political refugee (but only if your country is not on the list of known war zones or shit holes)
(by the definition we use in Holland a CNN reporter who has been called 'Enemy of the people' would be allowed to stay and obtain a legal status in the Netherlands)

What happens when you need to leave the country?
Usually processing asylum requests takes a lot of time. So by the time the 'decision' is made the refugees have found housing outside of the asylum centers.
They will receive a letter informing them that they have to leave the country by a certain date and in some cases travel expenses will be paid for.

In some cases they are taken to a detention center at the airport awaiting to be put on a flight back 'home'. But those are usually the ones who've already come in touch with the legal system in some way.
🤴

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4543 on: August 31, 2018, 11:33:20 PM »
I ask for an on-the-streets documentary and I got dutchposting  :doge
每天生气

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4544 on: September 01, 2018, 04:07:59 AM »
Fair enough. All I saw was contest, muhammad drawing and jumped to conclusions.

It's not like I provided enough information in the first post for anyone to reach an informed conclusion anyways. My bad.

I ask for an on-the-streets documentary and I got dutchposting 

They're all people who all have their own experience. Some of the dutch tv-segments I saw were either refugees wearing "I love the Netherlands" shirts or refugees saying there's barely any support to help them integrate within our society.

You'd probably never get any real insight unless you actually live in places with refugee centers and even then they most likely wildly differ. (I'll try and see if there's any documentary worth a shit on the subject.)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4545 on: September 01, 2018, 04:50:11 AM »
There is a really good one (but only in Dutch) that focuses on the struggles of atheist refugees that fled their religious homelands but then find themselves trapped in equally regressive communities because of their heritage.

What I posted is not shitposting. For example, refugees receive a grant for furniture and appliances.
Varying from 3500 to 10000 euro depending on where they settle at an average of 6000 euro.
https://www.elsevierweekblad.nl/nederland/achtergrond/2016/05/tot-10-000-euro-asielzoekers-krijgen-shoptegoed-voor-nieuwe-woning-309925/

This is the breakdown for a particular city:
Furniture: 2739 euro
Curtains/flooring: 1525 euro
Bedspreads: 264 euro
Table ware: 128 euro
Cuttlery: 94 euro
Kitchen inventory: 137 euro
Washing and ironing supplies: 176 euro
Other items: 107 euro
Appliances: 2265 euro
Total: 7435 euro

In fact we're very proud that we take good care of the people that come here fleeing from war and other horrors but without proper security of Europe's outer borders it attracts people from 'safe' countries as well.
We've just recently put in place measures to deny economic migrants a legal status but in most cases they refuse to say where they come from so we can't send them back to their home countries.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 05:07:56 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4546 on: September 01, 2018, 09:10:36 AM »
This dude is a far right shithead. Of course it's done to piss off people. It's also the reaction he wants.

"Look at how violent these people are over a harmless cartoon."

More and more people are voting for this guy and the other far right shithead we got. The Islamic people that just protest won't make the news. The ones sending death threats will though. Most of what people got to see here were brown skinned people burning Dutch flags.

Do you think the dude actually cared about the dumb contest? He already got what he wanted.
True. But now what? How do you stop religious extremists from being religious extremists?

This is a problem that takes generations to deal with, but people want immediate results and vote for populists who promise the impossible and/or want to erode moral standards for easier solutions. It is frustrating, top to bottom.

jorma

« Reply #4547 on: September 01, 2018, 11:29:00 AM »
I have a question for our Swedes. It's looking like it's pretty much going to be a deadlock with the Sweden Democrats holding the balance of power. I assume this means "Grand Coalition" as I can't find anything at all suggesting the two "alliances" will break their cordon sanitaire to deal with them. And literally no other combination of seats seems likely to be able to form a government.

If I'm not mistaken, your former union partner and neighbor had a similar situation with their Progress Party until it slightly moderated and no possible non-Left majority could be formed without it so they were finally accepted into government a few years back.

Is it still too early for that with the Democrats? Or are the Moderate-Centre-Liberal-Christian Democrats desperate enough to pull the trigger? Or at least reach some kind of supply support?

Any debates or anything coming up that the Democrats could use to reverse their slide and move back into second place to really fuck shit up? Can't seem to find English stories on if there's another debate or forum or some event or not.

Did find this from a poll last weekend:
A survey by the pollster Novus in August showed SD’s immigration policies had much more support among voters than those of any other party; it also ranked joint second on healthcare and a close third on law and order.
Last one seems to be a problem for them actually considering their main shtick.

Nah, it will probably mean a minority government just like we have now. Grand coalitions are for major crisis management, like a new world war or a clear and present russian threat.

The left wont ally with SD, the right block might in the future but that is at least one election away, and SD might implode before that.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4548 on: September 01, 2018, 02:39:32 PM »
Grand coalitions are for major crisis management, like a new world war or a clear and present russian threat.
I wish Germany operated that way. :goty2

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4549 on: September 02, 2018, 05:37:41 PM »
#BREAKING U.S., Canadian servicemen arrive in Donbas to plan, carry out Ukraine's offensive operation - self-proclaimed Donetsk republic
The source is Interfax. The Russian press agency.

Even for Russian standards, this is wild.
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #4550 on: September 03, 2018, 05:13:29 AM »
Nah, it will probably mean a minority government just like we have now. Grand coalitions are for major crisis management, like a new world war or a clear and present russian threat.

The left wont ally with SD, the right block might in the future but that is at least one election away, and SD might implode before that.
Didn't check regarding a minority, I always forget to do that. Interestingly, there hasn't been a minority where the largest party is under a hundred seats since 1921, the first election under universal suffrage, and with the Communists splitting away from the Social Democrats. As I'm sure you know, the Social Democrats are the only ones to ever form a minority government.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4552 on: September 03, 2018, 02:19:39 PM »
russian fox n friends

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #4554 on: September 04, 2018, 07:44:41 PM »
What's with the left liberals all over the world criticizing people, speaking down to them, but then always backing away from an actual conversation? This isn't just in the U.S it's global.

The right will have your fair share of stupid ignorant people but i've never seen anyone on the right refuse a debate or conversation regardless if they vehemently disagree or are really too ignorant to understand viewpoints... they do at least listen and discuss.

I wonder why that is

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 08:47:43 PM by Assimilate »

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #4555 on: September 04, 2018, 10:23:06 PM »
Macron at 31% disapproval rating, barely edging out Hollande who was at 32% at this point in his term.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #4556 on: September 06, 2018, 08:48:03 PM »
What's with the left liberals all over the world criticizing people, speaking down to them, but then always backing away from an actual conversation? This isn't just in the U.S it's global.

The right will have your fair share of stupid ignorant people but i've never seen anyone on the right refuse a debate or conversation regardless if they vehemently disagree or are really too ignorant to understand viewpoints... they do at least listen and discuss.

I wonder why that is

And there it is

Brazil's right wing candidate was fucking stabbed by a left wing marxist. Unbelievable. When people think only the right can get crazy they need to look at other countries that have been run by socialists for a long time.

benjipwns

« Reply #4557 on: September 07, 2018, 12:19:53 AM »
   Current:
National conservatism
Fiscal conservatism
Economic liberalism
Brazilian nationalism
Right-wing populism
Militarism[3]
Anti-communism
Minority:
Monarchism[4][5][6]

Formerly:
Libertarianism
Social liberalism
Since Bolsonaro's entrance in the party, the party has changed much of its ideologies, abandoning its former social-liberal policies while keeping its economic liberal policies, supporting privatization and decentralization while at the same time adopting very conservative social policies, opposing same sex marriage, abortion, legalization of marijuana and the teaching of gender identity in schools.

lame, although as expected, it's doing well for him (except for the whole getting stabbed part)...though at least not well enough to look like he'll win the run-off :success

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #4558 on: September 07, 2018, 12:34:39 AM »
   Current:
National conservatism
Fiscal conservatism
Economic liberalism
Brazilian nationalism
Right-wing populism
Militarism[3]
Anti-communism
Minority:
Monarchism[4][5][6]

Formerly:
Libertarianism
Social liberalism
Since Bolsonaro's entrance in the party, the party has changed much of its ideologies, abandoning its former social-liberal policies while keeping its economic liberal policies, supporting privatization and decentralization while at the same time adopting very conservative social policies, opposing same sex marriage, abortion, legalization of marijuana and the teaching of gender identity in schools.

lame, although as expected, it's doing well for him (except for the whole getting stabbed part)...though at least not well enough to look like he'll win the run-off :success
In a country that has 19 of the 50 most violent cities in the world you think it's his traditional views on marriage that gets him these votes?

It's his tough stance on crime and the fact that he's not corrupt like 99% of politicians.  When people in the u.s say "he's a socialist commie!" we can laugh that person off as some right wing nut, but in this country it's probably true.

Brasil still has a ton of socialists and communists running for elections. The country has been on a socialist tailspin for 20+ years. Once the country of the future, now it's a complete shit hole with the left in power all this time.

Squandered opportunity. It's time for a change. Maybe not this guy, but definitely not anyone from the left.

benjipwns

« Reply #4559 on: September 07, 2018, 12:44:52 AM »
In a country that has 19 of the 50 most violent cities in the world you think it's his traditional views on marriage that gets him these votes?
In the world's largest Roman Catholic country, with a growing set of evangelicals as their second place, I'd say it probably doesn't hurt.

Making harmless things illegal usually is a top favorite go-to for law and order fetishists too.