Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 530582 times)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #4560 on: November 29, 2019, 10:20:36 PM »
Sorry, Tasty :(

My parents are making this whole situation so much harder they are the worst

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4561 on: November 29, 2019, 10:23:41 PM »
What's wrong Tasty? 

Tasty

« Reply #4562 on: November 30, 2019, 05:31:35 PM »
What's wrong Tasty? 

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

Just Tasty Things™

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4563 on: November 30, 2019, 05:43:03 PM »
That's fucked up. Didn't you just start the job?

If they do screw you over/go out of business, the bank might be able to work with you. They don't usually like to do foreclosures.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4564 on: November 30, 2019, 06:00:27 PM »
Sorry Tasty :(
serge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4565 on: November 30, 2019, 10:37:11 PM »
That’s awful, Tasty. Hang in there

Tasty

« Reply #4566 on: December 01, 2019, 02:28:57 PM »
Thanks everyone. :heartbeat

That's fucked up. Didn't you just start the job?

If they do screw you over/go out of business, the bank might be able to work with you. They don't usually like to do foreclosures.

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:18:34 PM by Tasty Meat »

TVC15

« Reply #4567 on: December 01, 2019, 08:29:57 PM »
I’ve been in a lot of pain the past four days and it has me in a foul mood and I’m really not looking forward to going to work and dealing with people tomorrow
serge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4568 on: December 02, 2019, 12:43:04 PM »
I'm sorry Tasty. I worked for a crooked company once. Luckily I had access to their financials and when I consistently saw they didn't have money to make payroll I bailed. I still lost tens of thousands stock/retirement funds but I know it sucks. I had friends that stayed til the bitter end, it took years for them to get made hole.

I'm sorry cats cubed. I hope things go better.

TVC, that sucks. Mondays are already hard enough.
que

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4569 on: December 03, 2019, 08:00:33 PM »
Man, I feel like I need a hidden thread for me to dump all my midlife crisis shit I’m going through.

So, I talk to my parents about how my wife and I are splitting, I go over in advance of thanksgiving, they are doing it on a Saturday this year because of my brothers travel plans, I go on Tuesday. My mom knew about things being on a weird break status for awhile, I lay down the deal, we’re splitting this is how we’re working it, I hope we can all continue to treat each other as family, kiss kiss. Friday noon I get a text uninviting my soon to be ex from thanksgiving, but my stepson and I are of course welcome anytime 🙄🙄 so of course I tell them go pound salt thanks for pulling the rug out on me, enjoy your holiday without me fuckheads. And now my brother is trying to treat me like I’m the one being an asshole because I’m not falling in line with carving her out of my life immediately and coldly. To complicate things, my brother is getting married early next year and I just spent like 700+ on plane tickets and a baller ass air bnb place for his bachelor party weekend and I honestly just want to tell him to go piss up a fucking rope, he has p much 0 sense of what empathy is and just wants to coast on my parents toxic shit. Great, he can have all their shit in the will, at least I won’t have to deal with them getting older and meaner every year.

Whooooooooooweeee

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4570 on: December 03, 2019, 08:08:58 PM »
Dude. That all sounds incredibly fucked. Hang in there.

BisMarckie

« Reply #4571 on: December 03, 2019, 08:11:19 PM »
As someone who doesn't know anyone involved:
Don't burn bridges with your family just yet. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding and they just wanted to show you some loyalty in this breakup?
Especially don't alienate your family over your ex's(or yours in behalf of her) hurt feelings. I know these are turbulent times, but don't make it more complicated by pushing your family away from you.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4572 on: December 03, 2019, 08:29:23 PM »
Context: I’m practically begging for a good enough reason to burn that bridge because my family is the WORST

But I am trying to reach out calmly and explain how I feel to them

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4573 on: December 03, 2019, 08:43:06 PM »
Rescinding the invitation should have been a conversation with you on how you want to handle it. If you explained the situation then they basically tried to force more tension and drama on you in an already shitty situation. Fuck that. You don’t need anyone stirring that shit up.

BisMarckie

« Reply #4574 on: December 03, 2019, 09:16:26 PM »
Riotous is right, my family was always  great and supportive and that is the perspective I am coming from. They deserve the benefit of the doubt every time.

Looks like your family isn’t that way and yeah, that sucks.
I am still rooting for you Cats  :-*
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 11:22:23 PM by BisMarckie »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4575 on: December 04, 2019, 02:03:12 PM »
Corporate shut down a location today that a lot of my good coworker friends work at. Feels bad. Just straight up “this is happening, get your stuff, it’s your last day”

« Reply #4576 on: December 04, 2019, 06:47:47 PM »
Most of you know that I had open heart surgery a couple years ago to fix a congenital issue with my heart's mitral valve. I've never felt 100% right following surgery back in 2017. I used to be an avid runner, but running became impossible and walking on an incline like a hill or stairs were often strangely taxing. I have consistently brought all of this up to my cardiology team but they've always been like "sorry that sucks" until this October at my yearly echocardiogram where they're like "oh no that's not right." Over the last two months I've had a transesophageal echocardiogram and lung function/exercise test and now I'm setting up a consultation with the surgery team. My mitral valve is still leaking (in the severe stage) and I will likely need to have another open heart surgery and a valve replacement this time instead of fixing my more than likely shredded mitral valve. My heart function is still normal with no current signs of decline, but that won't last forever, so it's looking like 2020 will begin for me with surgery after the holidays and six weeks of sternal precautions.

I'm glad they're finally listening to me, I'm glad they're doing something about it and I'm really glad that I'll be able to run and not want to die walking up stairs, but dammit why do I and my wife and daughter and family have to go through this again.

Good thing I've got therapy next week.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 06:52:53 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

« Reply #4577 on: December 04, 2019, 07:39:18 PM »
Man that is scary dude;  they really do pretty amazing things with heart surgeries these days but it’s still a frightening thing to face.  Hang in there man.

It is really amazing. My first experience two years ago was great all things considered. Just sucks I’ve gotta do it again, and I’m only 38 and healthy.
野球

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4578 on: December 05, 2019, 10:36:20 AM »
Corporate shut down a location today that a lot of my good coworker friends work at. Feels bad. Just straight up “this is happening, get your stuff, it’s your last day”

Merry Christmas everyone!

©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4579 on: December 05, 2019, 01:52:17 PM »
Lots of layoffs at my job this week. The atmosphere is incredibly depressing. To boot, I absorbed someone's entire position which 1) I'm completely unqualified for and 2) do not have the bandwidth for that fucking shit.

skullstorm

« Reply #4580 on: December 07, 2019, 02:22:46 PM »
Most of you know that I had open heart surgery a couple years ago to fix a congenital issue with my heart's mitral valve. I've never felt 100% right following surgery back in 2017. I used to be an avid runner, but running became impossible and walking on an incline like a hill or stairs were often strangely taxing. I have consistently brought all of this up to my cardiology team but they've always been like "sorry that sucks" until this October at my yearly echocardiogram where they're like "oh no that's not right." Over the last two months I've had a transesophageal echocardiogram and lung function/exercise test and now I'm setting up a consultation with the surgery team. My mitral valve is still leaking (in the severe stage) and I will likely need to have another open heart surgery and a valve replacement this time instead of fixing my more than likely shredded mitral valve. My heart function is still normal with no current signs of decline, but that won't last forever, so it's looking like 2020 will begin for me with surgery after the holidays and six weeks of sternal precautions.

I'm glad they're finally listening to me, I'm glad they're doing something about it and I'm really glad that I'll be able to run and not want to die walking up stairs, but dammit why do I and my wife and daughter and family have to go through this again.

Shit that sucks, let's hope the surgery goes well and fixes everything! Fucked up that the doctors didn't listen to you, way too often that sort of thing ends really badly. Glad they finally realized you weren't imagining things.

Coincidentally, my dad seems to be having pretty much the same problem, he had heart surgery 15+ years ago when it was discovered he had a congenital heart condition where the mitral valve was leaking. Now it's come back, the leaking is apparently medium to severe but there is no surgery planned yet, they'll keep watching it for a year. He's in his 70s so it's pretty unnerving, both the fact that he has a heart condition again and nothing's going to be done about it for now, but also the chance of him having to go through open heart surgery at his age, it was hard enough on him the last time.

What's with all these faulty mitral valves these days  :-\

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #4581 on: December 07, 2019, 05:31:50 PM »
A dear friend was run over and killed by a drunk driver last night. I need a hug :'(
vin

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4582 on: December 08, 2019, 08:26:27 PM »

Hang in there, MrGundam! This sucks, and at the same time, I'm happy you have insurance coverage and competent doctors waiting to help you.

A dear friend was run over and killed by a drunk driver last night. I need a hug :'(
JFC, that is horrible. I'm sad for you and sending gigantic hugs. And puppies. Hugs FROM puppies.

« Reply #4583 on: December 09, 2019, 10:19:56 PM »

Shit that sucks, let's hope the surgery goes well and fixes everything! Fucked up that the doctors didn't listen to you, way too often that sort of thing ends really badly. Glad they finally realized you weren't imagining things.

Coincidentally, my dad seems to be having pretty much the same problem, he had heart surgery 15+ years ago when it was discovered he had a congenital heart condition where the mitral valve was leaking. Now it's come back, the leaking is apparently medium to severe but there is no surgery planned yet, they'll keep watching it for a year. He's in his 70s so it's pretty unnerving, both the fact that he has a heart condition again and nothing's going to be done about it for now, but also the chance of him having to go through open heart surgery at his age, it was hard enough on him the last time.

What's with all these faulty mitral valves these days  :-\

The surgeon who did my repair the last time said my mitral valve was pretty shredded and that a lot of surgeons would just give up and go for a replacement instead. I'm guessing the repair didn't hold and that's what I'm dealing with now.

Still waiting for the call to schedule a consult with a surgeon. [twiddles thumbs]

I don't feel any worse, but my wife is in Boston for work until Thursday night and my parents are out of town, so I'd rather not end up at the hospital with my daughter and make everyone freak out as they haul ass home.

Hang in there, MrGundam! This sucks, and at the same time, I'm happy you have insurance coverage and competent doctors waiting to help you.

DAMN STRAIGHT. We hit our maximum pretty quickly during my last surgery but we still saw all the bills and how much things cost. My pharmacy bill during my stay in the hospital (surgery and cardiac ICU) was $100,000. WTF. I am so incredibly grateful that we have health insurance. I've paid in for years but never used it until a couple years ago.

I am incredibly fortunate University of Washington is my neighborhood hospital (two miles from our house). They're a world class facility AND if you don't have insurance and can't afford to pay they won't ruin your life.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:24:56 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4584 on: December 10, 2019, 07:52:12 PM »
Sending love, Gundam

Hit the gym, Stro, then you’ll get the amazing dopamine rush of turning things around

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4585 on: December 10, 2019, 08:01:59 PM »
Damn, that’s rough, b. Stick in there, at least you’re going to the gym, I couldn’t leave the house this weekend except for coffee and a bomb ass burrito.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #4586 on: December 11, 2019, 10:08:08 PM »
I have been hitting the gym but unable to really do anything due to my energy and stamina being completely wrecked. I figure it will take another 2-3 weeks to ramp back up to what I was doing. I also never get dopamine rushes from the gym or anything else :stahp

Tasty

« Reply #4587 on: December 30, 2019, 03:03:38 PM »
My dad's going into surgery on the 16th to determine if he has a tumor in his bladder.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm blood-squeemish IRL and he was telling me what they had done already and I almost passed out in the car. :dead
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4588 on: December 30, 2019, 03:05:36 PM »
Hope it goes well.  I'm blood squemish as well (passed out at least twice from it) but watching surgery videos on youtube actually kind of helped.   

« Reply #4589 on: January 06, 2020, 03:02:46 PM »
I was all set to have my consultation with the surgeon today, but I got a call this morning saying he was called into an emergent case and would likely be in surgery all day today. Now my wife and I are meeting with him on Thursday afternoon.

I wish we could've met today so we can devise our plan of action and get it on the calendar (will likely be a week or two or more from now), but I'm sure the person he's helping today needs their help way more than I do. I'm stable AND I remember when I showed up in the ER not knowing what was wrong with me a couple years ago.

In happier heart related news, my wife conspired with my dad and my best friends into taking me on a surprise Light Rail beer crawl on Saturday. That was awesome and super thoughtful.
野球

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4590 on: January 06, 2020, 04:21:33 PM »
Fingers crossed here.
ὕβρις

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #4591 on: January 13, 2020, 02:59:15 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4592 on: January 13, 2020, 03:05:55 PM »
 :lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4593 on: January 13, 2020, 03:07:53 PM »
send some of that chill south plz

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4594 on: January 13, 2020, 04:39:44 PM »
Why the fuck is the colour key repeating.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4595 on: January 13, 2020, 09:23:42 PM »
Why the fuck is the colour key repeating.

That's just how cold it is in The Pas, breh.
©@©™

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4596 on: January 14, 2020, 01:21:37 AM »
Huh?

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4597 on: January 14, 2020, 01:54:31 PM »
I don't have any sympathy for people living in Cold Lake. You signed up for this.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #4598 on: January 14, 2020, 03:05:04 PM »
I don't have any sympathy for people living in Cold Lake. You signed up for this.

As the poms say, it does what it says on the tin. :cancry

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4599 on: January 14, 2020, 03:17:43 PM »
How are you all still on the internet?  Don't the tubes freeze the gigawatts at some point?

They have to get the Internet delievered on small cargo planes into the frozen north. It's very expensive though, one benji shitpost might cost you $3.50.
©@©™

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #4600 on: January 14, 2020, 03:43:02 PM »
How are you all still on the internet?  Don't the tubes freeze the gigawatts at some point?

They have to get the Internet delievered on small cargo planes into the frozen north. It's very expensive though, one benji shitpost might cost you $3.50.

Benji offers supreme value though, can really warm yourself up with his various neuroses

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4601 on: January 20, 2020, 09:15:10 PM »
Went in to get a stent removed. They fucked me up real bad this time, and now I probably need to get surgery to implement a drain, after fucking up some guts, and me throwing up blood and barely being able to move after I got home.

I'm pissed.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4602 on: January 21, 2020, 12:09:38 PM »
Don't drive the car until they get fixed! Also using the handbrake like that might score the rear rotors/glaze the rear pads so have those checked.

If they don't work at all then it sounds like the issue is in the brake lines or master cylinder. Sucks but at least the point of failure is pretty isolated. It is possible that whoever replaced the brakes left a bleed valve slightly open.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4603 on: January 21, 2020, 12:49:13 PM »
Catscats, gundam, tasty

Hang in there <3

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #4604 on: January 21, 2020, 01:50:19 PM »
Went in to get a stent removed. They fucked me up real bad this time, and now I probably need to get surgery to implement a drain, after fucking up some guts, and me throwing up blood and barely being able to move after I got home.

I'm pissed.

Understandable.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #4605 on: January 21, 2020, 02:30:14 PM »
He’s trying to get gains, even if it causes others pain.

I just feel shit at the moment long work hours, weekend work and no real me time, plus I haven’t been paid since the 20th of December, that on top of just not feeling into what I’m doing since the break and the fact the job I wanted, got to final round then not being picked for it just sucks, just need to get into feb and then things at least for being paid and having some freedom as projects end should be good, but one of the things I’m doing has now been extended for quite a while sooo basically crunch remains. Get me to snowboarding break end of March, which luckily I had pre approved before the changes in project dates happened should do me some good, unless those management pricks decide that they’ll pay off my break to keep me at work. We shall bloody see.

Freyj

« Reply #4606 on: January 21, 2020, 07:49:01 PM »
Dunno what it is but the further I get from my 20s the less capacity my broke :brain has for change. I needed a job change and made a good one but I’m immediately hamster-wheel-brain-ing thoughts of going back to the old job. Fuck anxiety.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4607 on: January 21, 2020, 07:54:31 PM »

Speaking of struggle, this post reminds me of one of the biggest professional Ls I've witnessed in my life. During my phone jockey days we were having an issue with poor connectivity on the main site. We're all sitting around discussing what the issue could be while the network guys were on it and my team lead says something to the effect of "ah, must be because it's cold outside" in passing. We all turn to him and ask us to explain what the fuck he's talking about. He tells us that because it's cold (about 35 degrees) that the internet must "need some time to warm up". We all bust out laughing at him, like howling and hollering. He begins to cry and leaves the room. To this day whenever my service is out I think to myself that ISP staff really need to get out there and warm up that infrastructure with some gloves.
esch lore  :rash dat outsourced punjabi customer support  :lawd

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4608 on: January 21, 2020, 09:46:02 PM »
I can watch grandma porn all I want and there is nothing any of you can do about it  BWAHAHAHA

TVC15

« Reply #4609 on: January 21, 2020, 10:28:11 PM »
Other struggles from that place:

- Finding out that stormfront was allowed in the mailspam filter with an explicit rule
- Getting told by an angry customer that they hope my first born child should die
- A forensics adventure involving bestiality and a sextape
- Getting told by an employee that they could watch grandma porn on their work host and there was nothing I could do about it
- Having a coworker show another co-worker pictures of him in bondage gear with the hopes of attracting him
- Coworker faking a work injury then testing positive for heroin and getting fired

I stopped posting on the bore during this period because I spent all my free time studying trying to get out. We made it :mjcry

Can I ask you to please expand on this one here? Feel free to use Wikipedia for anatomical references so the important details are clear in your story.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #4610 on: January 21, 2020, 10:53:13 PM »
 :lucas
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4611 on: January 21, 2020, 11:42:59 PM »
 :drool eschaton origin story even better than teh joker

TVC15

« Reply #4612 on: January 22, 2020, 12:44:28 AM »
Were you addicted to drugs when you were banging the hood girls? Tales of illicit chemsex with dirty women go over well here, too.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #4613 on: January 22, 2020, 12:58:34 AM »
Did you really think dumpster sex with hill people was any less depraved than drug addiction? Where were you deriving your sense of dignity and self-worth from during this period? It sounds like a trying time to have gone through. I’m sorry about that.
serge

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4614 on: January 22, 2020, 01:04:34 AM »
White trash wanna be loved, too. And so many of them are willing to get together with us brown bois :lawd
每天生气

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #4615 on: January 22, 2020, 01:07:58 AM »
i can't say i've ever been with a trump supporter though racist democrats and apathetic whities, yea, plenty. i've been a novel fuck for plenty

TVC15

« Reply #4616 on: January 22, 2020, 01:25:20 AM »
Do you still live in this awful place?
serge

TVC15

« Reply #4617 on: January 22, 2020, 01:30:48 AM »
So did you earn any good fetishes out of this experience? Can you only get it up for people that you find repulsive maybe?
serge

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4618 on: January 22, 2020, 01:36:56 AM »
TVC revealing a little bay area snobbishness.
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4619 on: January 22, 2020, 01:38:07 AM »
White trash wanna be loved, too. And so many of them are willing to get together with us brown bois :lawd
this wasn't so surprising. what surprised me were the white girls who told me I was the only guy they fuck with that isn't black   :doge I remember one particularly "you're the only white guy I've dated and you're not even white"    ::) we both knew we weren't dating  :lol  they were all   :lawd in bed and now I have a thing for black only white girls   :stahp