Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 279556 times)

Esch

• Bob's Burghers
Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #4860 on: November 22, 2019, 05:38:19 PM »
He also had an insane remote work situation going where he worked out of his trailer off cellular service with his wife and they were doing a tour of the 50 states. He'd regularly pass into areas with no cell reception and go AFK for hours during normal operating time. Damn come to think of it no wonder they bushed him :dead

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4861 on: November 22, 2019, 08:06:10 PM »
Well Esch, I recently took over a project from a guy who retired. He was a "company man" in that he kissed ass all the time but would whine a lot about how stressed he was over his workload.

I dive into it and realize he at most had a few hours of work a week. And he would go months without responding to emails so there would be just random tasks from a year ago that are waiting for somebody to spend two minutes to close out. His job was mostly to coordinate with employees in other departments and they're telling me that it would take dozens of calls and emails over several weeks before he got back to them. And then if he never followed up, they'd all sit and wait until either a regulator or an industrial customer kicks up a shit storm when they realize how behind we are.

On top of all that, he got paid 50% more than me and got benefits. I mean, their are people who struggle to engage the project management side of work and then their are those simply don't give a fuck. I'm honestly pissed that my boss didn't have the balls to fire this person, hopefully you had a similar guy on your team.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
And he also did that remote employee living out of a camper thing. And of course he was the only person in the entire company that has a permit for a emotional support dog.
[close]

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #4862 on: November 25, 2019, 11:32:32 AM »
Can feel shit boiling under the surface ready to explode.

Hopefully that involves like, getting banned form a forum, and not stabbing someone to death in a road rage incident.

Stro

• I'm just a dragon-canine boye
« Reply #4863 on: November 25, 2019, 11:39:36 AM »
Maybe you should just go poop bro

Clockwork5

« Reply #4864 on: November 28, 2019, 08:45:14 AM »
I moved across the country, away from my family, about a week ago to move in with my girlfriend. Everything was going well, then 2 days ago I got a call from my mom. She had been feeling dizzy and fell and hit her head. The docs did a scan and found the breast cancer she had been keeping under control for 3 years had spread to her brain. This was my biggest fear when moving away, that her health would start to decline but fuck man... I only left a week ago. Itís so fucked because just before I left she had a scan on her breast tumor and everything was looking stable. I left town thinking she was going to be okay for a while.

Stro

« Reply #4865 on: November 28, 2019, 08:46:10 AM »
 :mjcry

Stromomo had breast cancer some years back and the thing no one tells you about cancer is if you're lucky enough to go into remission or be cancer free, you're always waiting for it to come back and there is always a constant worry anytime anything is wrong that this might be the time.

Tasty Meat

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #4866 on: November 29, 2019, 01:17:43 PM »
Haha holy shit I'm so fucked.
🕊

BIONIC

• Live Laugh Love. Wanderlust. The Office. Pizza. Dog mom. #Blessed
« Reply #4867 on: November 29, 2019, 01:18:56 PM »
:drool
Wine

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #4868 on: November 29, 2019, 10:20:36 PM »
Sorry, Tasty :(

My parents are making this whole situation so much harder they are the worst
😽💨

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4869 on: November 29, 2019, 10:23:41 PM »
What's wrong Tasty? 
NtGay

Tasty Meat

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #4870 on: November 30, 2019, 05:31:35 PM »
What's wrong Tasty? 

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

Just Tasty Thingsô
🕊

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4871 on: November 30, 2019, 05:43:03 PM »
That's fucked up. Didn't you just start the job?

If they do screw you over/go out of business, the bank might be able to work with you. They don't usually like to do foreclosures.

Stro

« Reply #4872 on: November 30, 2019, 05:59:03 PM »
That all sounds remarkably untasty

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, itís cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4873 on: November 30, 2019, 06:00:27 PM »
Sorry Tasty :(
serge

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #4874 on: November 30, 2019, 10:37:11 PM »
Thatís awful, Tasty. Hang in there
😽💨

Tasty Meat

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #4875 on: December 01, 2019, 02:28:57 PM »
Thanks everyone. :heartbeat

That's fucked up. Didn't you just start the job?

If they do screw you over/go out of business, the bank might be able to work with you. They don't usually like to do foreclosures.

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:18:34 PM by Tasty Meat »
🕊

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, itís cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4876 on: December 01, 2019, 08:29:57 PM »
Iíve been in a lot of pain the past four days and it has me in a foul mood and Iím really not looking forward to going to work and dealing with people tomorrow
serge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4877 on: December 02, 2019, 12:43:04 PM »
I'm sorry Tasty. I worked for a crooked company once. Luckily I had access to their financials and when I consistently saw they didn't have money to make payroll I bailed. I still lost tens of thousands stock/retirement funds but I know it sucks. I had friends that stayed til the bitter end, it took years for them to get made hole.

I'm sorry cats cubed. I hope things go better.

TVC, that sucks. Mondays are already hard enough.
que

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #4878 on: December 03, 2019, 08:00:33 PM »
Man, I feel like I need a hidden thread for me to dump all my midlife crisis shit Iím going through.

So, I talk to my parents about how my wife and I are splitting, I go over in advance of thanksgiving, they are doing it on a Saturday this year because of my brothers travel plans, I go on Tuesday. My mom knew about things being on a weird break status for awhile, I lay down the deal, weíre splitting this is how weíre working it, I hope we can all continue to treat each other as family, kiss kiss. Friday noon I get a text uninviting my soon to be ex from thanksgiving, but my stepson and I are of course welcome anytime 🙄🙄 so of course I tell them go pound salt thanks for pulling the rug out on me, enjoy your holiday without me fuckheads. And now my brother is trying to treat me like Iím the one being an asshole because Iím not falling in line with carving her out of my life immediately and coldly. To complicate things, my brother is getting married early next year and I just spent like 700+ on plane tickets and a baller ass air bnb place for his bachelor party weekend and I honestly just want to tell him to go piss up a fucking rope, he has p much 0 sense of what empathy is and just wants to coast on my parents toxic shit. Great, he can have all their shit in the will, at least I wonít have to deal with them getting older and meaner every year.

Whooooooooooweeee
😽💨

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4879 on: December 03, 2019, 08:08:58 PM »
Dude. That all sounds incredibly fucked. Hang in there.

BisMarckie

« Reply #4880 on: December 03, 2019, 08:11:19 PM »
As someone who doesn't know anyone involved:
Don't burn bridges with your family just yet. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding and they just wanted to show you some loyalty in this breakup?
Especially don't alienate your family over your ex's(or yours in behalf of her) hurt feelings. I know these are turbulent times, but don't make it more complicated by pushing your family away from you.

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #4881 on: December 03, 2019, 08:29:23 PM »
Context: Iím practically begging for a good enough reason to burn that bridge because my family is the WORST

But I am trying to reach out calmly and explain how I feel to them
😽💨

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #4882 on: December 03, 2019, 08:32:28 PM »
You do you man;  people with good families do not understand and will pull that guilt trip bullshit like you are doing something wrong telling them to fuck off.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4883 on: December 03, 2019, 08:43:06 PM »
Rescinding the invitation should have been a conversation with you on how you want to handle it. If you explained the situation then they basically tried to force more tension and drama on you in an already shitty situation. Fuck that. You donít need anyone stirring that shit up.

BisMarckie

« Reply #4884 on: December 03, 2019, 09:16:26 PM »
Riotous is right, my family was always  great and supportive and that is the perspective I am coming from. They deserve the benefit of the doubt every time.

Looks like your family isnít that way and yeah, that sucks.
I am still rooting for you Cats  :-*
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 11:22:23 PM by BisMarckie »

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #4885 on: December 04, 2019, 02:03:12 PM »
Corporate shut down a location today that a lot of my good coworker friends work at. Feels bad. Just straight up ďthis is happening, get your stuff, itís your last dayĒ
😽💨

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #4886 on: December 04, 2019, 02:09:18 PM »
Riotous is right, my family was always  great and supportive and that is the perspective I am coming from. They deserve the benefit of the doubt every time.

Looks like your family isnít that way and yeah, that sucks.
I am still rooting for you Cats  :-*

Comment wasn't only SLIGHTLY directed at you ;)  Well intentioned advice but "pushing family away" is not always a complication.   My mental well being improved greatly when I finally cut off my Dad.

« Reply #4887 on: December 04, 2019, 06:47:47 PM »
Most of you know that I had open heart surgery a couple years ago to fix a congenital issue with my heart's mitral valve. I've never felt 100% right following surgery back in 2017. I used to be an avid runner, but running became impossible and walking on an incline like a hill or stairs were often strangely taxing. I have consistently brought all of this up to my cardiology team but they've always been like "sorry that sucks" until this October at my yearly echocardiogram where they're like "oh no that's not right." Over the last two months I've had a transesophageal echocardiogram and lung function/exercise test and now I'm setting up a consultation with the surgery team. My mitral valve is still leaking (in the severe stage) and I will likely need to have another open heart surgery and a valve replacement this time instead of fixing my more than likely shredded mitral valve. My heart function is still normal with no current signs of decline, but that won't last forever, so it's looking like 2020 will begin for me with surgery after the holidays and six weeks of sternal precautions.

I'm glad they're finally listening to me, I'm glad they're doing something about it and I'm really glad that I'll be able to run and not want to die walking up stairs, but dammit why do I and my wife and daughter and family have to go through this again.

Good thing I've got therapy next week.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 06:52:53 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #4888 on: December 04, 2019, 07:18:39 PM »
Man that is scary dude;  they really do pretty amazing things with heart surgeries these days but itís still a frightening thing to face.  Hang in there man.

« Reply #4889 on: December 04, 2019, 07:39:18 PM »
Man that is scary dude;  they really do pretty amazing things with heart surgeries these days but itís still a frightening thing to face.  Hang in there man.

It is really amazing. My first experience two years ago was great all things considered. Just sucks Iíve gotta do it again, and Iím only 38 and healthy.
野球

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4890 on: December 05, 2019, 10:36:20 AM »
Corporate shut down a location today that a lot of my good coworker friends work at. Feels bad. Just straight up ďthis is happening, get your stuff, itís your last dayĒ

Merry Christmas everyone!

©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4891 on: December 05, 2019, 01:52:17 PM »
Lots of layoffs at my job this week. The atmosphere is incredibly depressing. To boot, I absorbed someone's entire position which 1) I'm completely unqualified for and 2) do not have the bandwidth for that fucking shit.

skullstorm

« Reply #4892 on: December 07, 2019, 02:22:46 PM »
Most of you know that I had open heart surgery a couple years ago to fix a congenital issue with my heart's mitral valve. I've never felt 100% right following surgery back in 2017. I used to be an avid runner, but running became impossible and walking on an incline like a hill or stairs were often strangely taxing. I have consistently brought all of this up to my cardiology team but they've always been like "sorry that sucks" until this October at my yearly echocardiogram where they're like "oh no that's not right." Over the last two months I've had a transesophageal echocardiogram and lung function/exercise test and now I'm setting up a consultation with the surgery team. My mitral valve is still leaking (in the severe stage) and I will likely need to have another open heart surgery and a valve replacement this time instead of fixing my more than likely shredded mitral valve. My heart function is still normal with no current signs of decline, but that won't last forever, so it's looking like 2020 will begin for me with surgery after the holidays and six weeks of sternal precautions.

I'm glad they're finally listening to me, I'm glad they're doing something about it and I'm really glad that I'll be able to run and not want to die walking up stairs, but dammit why do I and my wife and daughter and family have to go through this again.

Shit that sucks, let's hope the surgery goes well and fixes everything! Fucked up that the doctors didn't listen to you, way too often that sort of thing ends really badly. Glad they finally realized you weren't imagining things.

Coincidentally, my dad seems to be having pretty much the same problem, he had heart surgery 15+ years ago when it was discovered he had a congenital heart condition where the mitral valve was leaking. Now it's come back, the leaking is apparently medium to severe but there is no surgery planned yet, they'll keep watching it for a year. He's in his 70s so it's pretty unnerving, both the fact that he has a heart condition again and nothing's going to be done about it for now, but also the chance of him having to go through open heart surgery at his age, it was hard enough on him the last time.

What's with all these faulty mitral valves these days  :-\

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #4893 on: December 07, 2019, 05:31:50 PM »
A dear friend was run over and killed by a drunk driver last night. I need a hug :'(
vin

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4894 on: December 08, 2019, 08:26:27 PM »

Hang in there, MrGundam! This sucks, and at the same time, I'm happy you have insurance coverage and competent doctors waiting to help you.

A dear friend was run over and killed by a drunk driver last night. I need a hug :'(
JFC, that is horrible. I'm sad for you and sending gigantic hugs. And puppies. Hugs FROM puppies.

« Reply #4895 on: December 09, 2019, 10:19:56 PM »

Shit that sucks, let's hope the surgery goes well and fixes everything! Fucked up that the doctors didn't listen to you, way too often that sort of thing ends really badly. Glad they finally realized you weren't imagining things.

Coincidentally, my dad seems to be having pretty much the same problem, he had heart surgery 15+ years ago when it was discovered he had a congenital heart condition where the mitral valve was leaking. Now it's come back, the leaking is apparently medium to severe but there is no surgery planned yet, they'll keep watching it for a year. He's in his 70s so it's pretty unnerving, both the fact that he has a heart condition again and nothing's going to be done about it for now, but also the chance of him having to go through open heart surgery at his age, it was hard enough on him the last time.

What's with all these faulty mitral valves these days  :-\

The surgeon who did my repair the last time said my mitral valve was pretty shredded and that a lot of surgeons would just give up and go for a replacement instead. I'm guessing the repair didn't hold and that's what I'm dealing with now.

Still waiting for the call to schedule a consult with a surgeon. [twiddles thumbs]

I don't feel any worse, but my wife is in Boston for work until Thursday night and my parents are out of town, so I'd rather not end up at the hospital with my daughter and make everyone freak out as they haul ass home.

Hang in there, MrGundam! This sucks, and at the same time, I'm happy you have insurance coverage and competent doctors waiting to help you.

DAMN STRAIGHT. We hit our maximum pretty quickly during my last surgery but we still saw all the bills and how much things cost. My pharmacy bill during my stay in the hospital (surgery and cardiac ICU) was $100,000. WTF. I am so incredibly grateful that we have health insurance. I've paid in for years but never used it until a couple years ago.

I am incredibly fortunate University of Washington is my neighborhood hospital (two miles from our house). They're a world class facility AND if you don't have insurance and can't afford to pay they won't ruin your life.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:24:56 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Stro

« Reply #4896 on: December 10, 2019, 04:58:26 PM »
Had a really shitty work out week last week as a full blown cold was developing, been eating extra without having the energy to burn it off and I feel like my whole body has completely gone to shit with in a week and a half. Deflated, flabby, sawft, weak, heavy. It's going to take me the rest of the month to get back to where I was.

:flabbynsick :stahp

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #4897 on: December 10, 2019, 07:52:12 PM »
Sending love, Gundam

Hit the gym, Stro, then youíll get the amazing dopamine rush of turning things around
😽💨

Stro

« Reply #4898 on: December 10, 2019, 07:57:17 PM »
I have been hitting the gym but unable to really do anything due to my energy and stamina being completely wrecked. I figure it will take another 2-3 weeks to ramp back up to what I was doing. I also never get dopamine rushes from the gym or anything else :stahp

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #4899 on: December 10, 2019, 08:01:59 PM »
Damn, thatís rough, b. Stick in there, at least youíre going to the gym, I couldnít leave the house this weekend except for coffee and a bomb ass burrito.
😽💨

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #4900 on: December 10, 2019, 08:12:41 PM »
Stro you are a beast you'll get back to it.

Stro

« Reply #4901 on: December 10, 2019, 08:17:29 PM »
The damage has been done. It's over. :goty

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #4902 on: December 11, 2019, 10:08:08 PM »
I have been hitting the gym but unable to really do anything due to my energy and stamina being completely wrecked. I figure it will take another 2-3 weeks to ramp back up to what I was doing. I also never get dopamine rushes from the gym or anything else :stahp

Stro

« Reply #4903 on: December 12, 2019, 07:07:12 AM »
I did my routine with just body weight yesterday and am as sore as the first time I did it with 100 extra pounds :stahp

Tasty Meat

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #4904 on: December 30, 2019, 03:03:38 PM »
My dad's going into surgery on the 16th to determine if he has a tumor in his bladder.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm blood-squeemish IRL and he was telling me what they had done already and I almost passed out in the car. :dead
[close]
🕊

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4905 on: December 30, 2019, 03:05:36 PM »
Hope it goes well.  I'm blood squemish as well (passed out at least twice from it) but watching surgery videos on youtube actually kind of helped.   
NtGay

« Reply #4906 on: January 06, 2020, 03:02:46 PM »
I was all set to have my consultation with the surgeon today, but I got a call this morning saying he was called into an emergent case and would likely be in surgery all day today. Now my wife and I are meeting with him on Thursday afternoon.

I wish we could've met today so we can devise our plan of action and get it on the calendar (will likely be a week or two or more from now), but I'm sure the person he's helping today needs their help way more than I do. I'm stable AND I remember when I showed up in the ER not knowing what was wrong with me a couple years ago.

In happier heart related news, my wife conspired with my dad and my best friends into taking me on a surprise Light Rail beer crawl on Saturday. That was awesome and super thoughtful.
野球

VomKriege

• 卑則驕之
« Reply #4907 on: January 06, 2020, 04:21:33 PM »
Fingers crossed here.
ὕβρις

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #4908 on: January 13, 2020, 02:59:15 PM »

filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4909 on: January 13, 2020, 03:05:55 PM »
 :lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4910 on: January 13, 2020, 03:07:53 PM »
send some of that chill south plz

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4911 on: January 13, 2020, 04:39:44 PM »
Why the fuck is the colour key repeating.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4912 on: January 13, 2020, 09:23:42 PM »

That's just how cold it is in The Pas, breh.
©@©ô

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4913 on: January 14, 2020, 01:21:37 AM »
Huh?

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #4914 on: January 14, 2020, 11:16:01 AM »

It isn't; look closer, not the same colors.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4915 on: January 14, 2020, 01:54:31 PM »
I don't have any sympathy for people living in Cold Lake. You signed up for this.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #4916 on: January 14, 2020, 03:05:04 PM »
I don't have any sympathy for people living in Cold Lake. You signed up for this.

As the poms say, it does what it says on the tin. :cancry

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #4917 on: January 14, 2020, 03:07:46 PM »
How are you all still on the internet?  Don't the tubes freeze the gigawatts at some point?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4918 on: January 14, 2020, 03:17:43 PM »
How are you all still on the internet?  Don't the tubes freeze the gigawatts at some point?

They have to get the Internet delievered on small cargo planes into the frozen north. It's very expensive though, one benji shitpost might cost you $3.50.
©@©ô

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #4919 on: January 14, 2020, 03:43:02 PM »

They have to get the Internet delievered on small cargo planes into the frozen north. It's very expensive though, one benji shitpost might cost you $3.50.

Benji offers supreme value though, can really warm yourself up with his various neuroses