Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 306972 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #1800 on: September 30, 2018, 09:02:59 AM »
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1801 on: September 30, 2018, 04:20:52 PM »

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #1802 on: October 06, 2018, 10:04:57 AM »
The fuck is going on with this game? About four years ago i though "cool, hope it comes out soon" and even now it's still basically not in alpha.

Raist

« Reply #1803 on: October 06, 2018, 11:47:45 AM »
The fuck is going on with this game? About four years ago i though "cool, hope it comes out soon" and even now it's still basically not in alpha.

Chris Roberts realized he can make a fuckton more mney by selling dreams rather than releasing a finished game.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1804 on: October 07, 2018, 09:05:46 AM »

Polaris was apparently sold for 750$.

:snob
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1805 on: October 07, 2018, 09:58:41 AM »
And people complain about EA and Ubisoft charging $100 for special editions.
dog

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1806 on: October 10, 2018, 10:56:21 PM »

nudemacusers

« Reply #1807 on: October 10, 2018, 11:14:40 PM »
chris roberts is a terrible director
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1808 on: October 11, 2018, 07:01:56 AM »
Another year, another coming soon next year.

They played it safer than they ever have, and that is both good and bad for Star Citizen.

It’s good because Chris, for perhaps the first CitCon ever, didn’t overcommit non-stop. He resisted his worst urges and didn’t add much new Engineering Debts. (Well, aside from all that mundane item-level interaction that will never scale.)

I’m surprised, given that they showed some of the “Hab” work-in-progress and showed planet-based Hangars, that he didn’t start pre-selling more real estate. He talked it up somewhat, mentioned a future of different sized (priced) player housing and theorized that players might want to own multiple homes on multiple planets. But he didn’t start selling yet. Yay for personal growth.

But all that caution was bad, too, because people go to CitizenCon for two reasons - to get hyped, and to fellowship with other backers. Attending was a very expensive and inconvenient ask. Anybody there was likely out $1000+ dollars, to say nothing of disruptions to their jobs. Whatever fun they might’ve had on their bar crawls and hangouts, it probably still felt like a letdown to more than not. Nowhere was that more obvious than during the awkward sessions that Eric Davis had to emcee, made moreso by his calling attention to it.

Chris insists that it’s still early days and I’m sure he wants to believe it, but more than any other Citizen fan event before, it felt like people just want it done. They’d have been wiser presenting a third of what they presented. Lorville, the face tech demo, the flight model updates and the Squadron trailer were all that they needed, and if they’d focused on presenting those better, they’d have probably had just enough to keep a slow steady buzz. I think a 500-800 seat theater in Vegas on a Friday — without scavenger hunts, Org booths, giant ship models and awkward cosplay — would’ve made for a much funner, easier show that fans would’ve been far more excited to attend. They’d have had cheaper rooms and airfare, too.

There’s probably some interesting stuff to unpack in what was presented. Little things we missed here and there. But after skipping Gamescom, after the year they’ve had, after they’d hyped this show so much, they needed this to be perfect, not perfunctory.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5201#post488785168
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:06:06 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
◕‿◕

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1810 on: October 11, 2018, 04:17:57 PM »

:cac

Spending money on Star Citizen and laughing at people spending money on Star Citizen. Two of our greatest shared cactivites.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1811 on: October 13, 2018, 01:28:59 PM »
A New capital ship, price still TBD

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9n3mz2/drake_kraken_assault_carrier_star_citizen_wiki/

Prediction time: the Kraken will be the first ship you can’t pledge for, you can only buy it in-game, and that’s how they’ll show off the in-game ship buying.

LOL

I can't believe something this massive is actually going to exist in game. A player can own and operate a ship so large it has an airport and a tram system and can house literally more people than the server can currently handle.
ὕβρις

Raist

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1813 on: December 08, 2018, 08:51:56 PM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1814 on: December 08, 2018, 09:01:40 PM »
So, a Citizen pointed this out:

Last year in November (I think) the Carrack was increased from 350 dollars to 400 dollars. But this was okay! Because the ship had gone up in size, to 170 meters, they had to raise the price! It was a higher class of ship.

This year: "Oh we haven't actually worked on that ship in 18 months. Also, the size is back down to 125 meters." But the price didn't decrease.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5550#post490517395
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1815 on: December 21, 2018, 04:12:23 AM »
So plenty of info dropped. CIG apparently released some financials. And the single player portion of the game should release in the second half of 2020...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/squadron-42-the-road-to-release-financials-and-new
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1816 on: December 21, 2018, 04:36:28 AM »
I hope we get at least one "Brexit" excuse for something before this is over.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1817 on: December 21, 2018, 05:18:04 AM »
The other big news is that they opened up to investment in 2018 up to 45m$.
Didn't get yet to look at the financials or a TLDR of it.
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #1818 on: December 21, 2018, 05:39:23 AM »
Q2 2020 :rofl

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #1819 on: December 21, 2018, 08:39:14 AM »
Bethesda's space game is probably going to release first :rofl
___

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1820 on: December 21, 2018, 08:53:59 AM »
From what I can gather :
- The 46m$ they raised through investment this year is in theory only to be used for the marketing. That's Roberts spin on it.
- 10% of the company was sold to investors.
- Apparently the financials confirm they were running low on the crowdfunded money this year.

Through the Frontier thread (post by Viajero) :

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/463697-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-V10/?page=53

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2018/12/20/billionaire-clive-calder-and-son-invest-46-million-in-studio-behind-crowdfunded-game-star-citizen/

By the end of 2017, the company brought in a total of $207 million and had spent $193 million since 2012. Capital on hand at the end of 2017 fell 26% to $14 million from the prior year. Total income—made up from fan pledges, its subscription pass and fan events like its annual CitizenCon event—has been consistent the past three years, with the company bringing in $44 million in 2017.

The majority comes from fan pledges. Backers can no longer directly donate to the company; they now receive something in return, be it the early-access version of the multiplayer for $45 or purchasing in-game assets like starships whose costs can rise into the hundreds of dollars. This year, the company matched 2017’s $35 million, calling December its best ever month for pledges.

The highest expenditure is on its staff, of which 85% were developers last year. With a headcount of 464 across five studios in 2017, salaries cost the company $30 million. Staff size has since grown to over 500. Other costs associated with development made up the second-largest line item, at $10 million.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 11:06:44 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #1822 on: December 21, 2018, 09:34:17 AM »
500 person headcount, are they opening an Ubisoft subsidiary too?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1823 on: December 21, 2018, 01:04:50 PM »
So yeah, the speculated burn rates were pretty spot on and maybe in fact higher than expected. CIG was / is on a pretty tight rope and was burning through its short capital reserve despite 40m$+ of revenue yearly (with employee headcount and attached costs still on the rise for 2018) and without the investment would probably have started being in debt in the upcoming months. This confirms that they have to keep the current funding model going at current levels, ship sales at obscene prices et al., until they can release something that was already massively pre-sold to interested consumers.

If whales keep on happily being milked this can keep on until at least 2021 / 2022.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1824 on: December 21, 2018, 01:27:44 PM »
Fortnite made a Billion dollars on their shitty repetitive gameplay by selling cosmetic items. Star Citizen will be 20 times that game and only needs to make 1/20th as much.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/a825bo/comment/ec8elaz
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1825 on: December 21, 2018, 01:53:44 PM »
And only needs 20x as much dev time.
©@©™

Raist

« Reply #1826 on: December 21, 2018, 05:53:31 PM »
What kind of fucking moronic investment firm would throw money at that company at this point :lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1827 on: December 21, 2018, 06:17:14 PM »
What kind of fucking moronic investment firm would throw money at that company at this point :lol

Apparently this guy and his dad are the investors
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Calder
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1828 on: December 21, 2018, 09:53:52 PM »
Quote from: Chris Roberts
But on the investor side there is no company override of control. As long as we’re not spending on a super-yacht, like I said, it’s cool. I don’t think anyone that crowdfunded the game would be very happy about that either, if I was snapping pictures on the back of a yacht somewhere. [laughs]

https://venturebeat.com/2018/12/20/star-citizen-interview-why-chris-roberts-raised-another-46-million-to-finish-sci-fi-universe/3/

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/736238869268553729
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1829 on: December 22, 2018, 04:21:18 PM »
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/352746660?t=01h25m19s

"It's largely our fault"

Sweet Jesus :neogaf
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #1830 on: December 23, 2018, 09:02:55 PM »
any of those analysis' find how much money they're setting aside to pay Crytek when they lose? :teehee

Raist

« Reply #1831 on: December 25, 2018, 05:28:13 AM »
Case was dismissed.

benjipwns

« Reply #1832 on: December 25, 2018, 05:39:36 AM »
Not totally, Crytek was advised by the judge how to amend their complaint as they overdid it again. She indicated she would have upheld large chunks of the rest including considering an injunction.

Raist

« Reply #1833 on: December 25, 2018, 10:52:48 AM »
Nobody likes a smartass, benji.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1834 on: December 31, 2018, 07:16:48 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1835 on: February 24, 2019, 04:18:31 AM »
Star Citizen. The only game in history where a 10 year forum ban will expire before the game is released...

:dead

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/463697-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-V10?p=7435919&viewfull=1#post7435919
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1836 on: February 24, 2019, 04:38:42 AM »
I honestly believe these road maps are not accurate. Teams are working on components and give an arbitrary number; then near the deadline..... reveal the 95% completion they are at 2 weeks out

:thinking

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/atug39/comment/eh5x2zl
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1837 on: February 24, 2019, 05:01:01 PM »
Currently we are experiencing a drought in Star Citizen content with the changes to CIG’s content and the lead up to Squadron 42. One of the most exciting times in Star Citizen’s history for many people was The Next Great Starship. This contest involved the community creating a concept ship that was voted on by the community to be implemented into Star Citizen. The Redeemer won this contest and was then added into the game by CIG. In February 23, 2019 we produced a video that discussed the content drought that is currently going on. This sparked discussion from our viewers and instead just bemoaning the drought we propose a solution.

Today we are announcing a fan run contest called The Next Great Concept Ship, in tribute to the original show by CIG. This community contest will involve artists and designers in the Star Citizen community creating the best concept ships out there. The best of these ships will then be featured during the video series and voted on by the judges. The top three designs will receive the money from the gofundme campaign which will be used raise money exclusively for the prize pool.

The plan is to have enough submissions to produce a 10 episode run of this fan produced contest. We plan to start the contest as soon as possible keeping in mind a small period for promotion. The first episode will be the viewers voting on the role of the ship to be concerted.

We are starting a gofundme campaign in an attempt to raise $10,000 USD or $14,100 AUD to be exclusively used for the prize money, additional funds will be added to the prize pool:

1st Place- $5,000 USD

2nd Place- $3,000 USD

3rd Place- $2,000 USD

This is an all or nothing campaign so if we do not get enough funds to fund the prize pool the money will be returned. If for any other unforeseen reason the show doesn't proceed the funds shall also be returned.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

The Inforunners

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/auc2i4/star_citizen_the_next_great_concept_ship/?st=JSJF0L3N&sh=66113dd0

:what
ὕβρις

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1838 on: February 24, 2019, 08:02:28 PM »

How the fuck are people still invested in this shit

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1839 on: February 24, 2019, 08:13:16 PM »
One of the most exciting times in Star Citizen history was when they convinced fans to make some content for it.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1840 on: February 25, 2019, 06:55:24 AM »

I think part of the core base of whales that didn't jump ship at this point will stay until the (bitter) end. If CIG can continue to sell off shares at the same sort of price they did in May 2018, they still have quite some time ahead of them before being cornered.
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1842 on: February 25, 2019, 09:32:22 AM »

It's the Nigerian prince scam of video games. People have invested so much up to this point that they're fear of spending more money is still outweighed by their fear that their "investment" will vanish without anything coming of it.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1843 on: February 25, 2019, 10:33:50 AM »
It’s going to take a long time, well past release, before we see anywhere near 100 systems.

Just wait for Star Citizen 2, lol.
©@©™

Raist

« Reply #1844 on: February 25, 2019, 03:43:30 PM »
The founding goal for 100 system was in the old-days with no planetary tech, nowadays i think the correct number of systems for a "final game" could be 5-10 for 2023, then expand slowly in the next years with the game out.

Sign me up.

bluemax

« Reply #1845 on: February 26, 2019, 11:39:55 PM »
Star Citizen is so boring that even the biggest hater gave up on it:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1100194558133059585
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1846 on: February 28, 2019, 03:51:40 AM »
Rape and brothels are an essential part of any good game. Maybe have a mini game to try to wrestle from the loving but unwanted ass pounding ?

ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1847 on: February 28, 2019, 09:18:51 AM »
Listening to fan feedback: not even once.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1848 on: February 28, 2019, 10:45:02 AM »
Star Citizen fans are on the entire spectrum.
©@©™

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1849 on: March 03, 2019, 10:19:34 PM »
 :thinking
◕‿◕

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #1851 on: March 11, 2019, 07:26:55 AM »
Adding cave tech just expanded system content 10 fold at least.
Lots of reasons to celebrate for sure.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1852 on: March 11, 2019, 08:53:17 AM »
[ Edited by CIG Moderation ] you have done nothing to add to this discussion, [ Edited by CIG Moderation ]
©@©™

bluemax

« Reply #1853 on: March 12, 2019, 01:01:18 AM »
How many Skyrims are inside it?
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #1855 on: March 29, 2019, 10:35:56 AM »
https://venturebeat.com/2019/03/28/star-citizens-alpha-3-5-brings-a-city-planet-female-characters-and-new-flight-system/

Female avatars in at last.

“Once we finalized the female character, we had to retrofit our entire universe: ships, animations, clothing, armor, and weapons to make sure they all worked with the female character rig as well as the male rig,” Roberts said.

Is this quote SC in a nutshell?
___

wsippel

« Reply #1856 on: March 29, 2019, 10:47:46 AM »
https://venturebeat.com/2019/03/28/star-citizens-alpha-3-5-brings-a-city-planet-female-characters-and-new-flight-system/

Not just that, their character customization system is quite impressive as well:

Say what you will, they sure aren't sitting around with their thumbs up their asses. The video also shows how nicely integrated the technology is on the editor side. They spent a ton of time on custom tech and tools, but this feature for example should really speed things up on the content side.

bluemax

« Reply #1857 on: April 01, 2019, 11:55:20 PM »
I just don't understand how a game with so many people working on it, and so devoid of content, took that long to make a female animation rig.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #1858 on: April 02, 2019, 12:55:52 AM »

“Once we finalized the female character, we had to retrofit our entire universe: ships, animations, clothing, armor, and weapons to make sure they all worked with the female character rig as well as the male rig,” Roberts said.

Is this quote SC in a nutshell?
this is the universe feminazis want

wsippel

« Reply #1859 on: April 04, 2019, 07:57:26 AM »
I just don't understand how a game with so many people working on it, and so devoid of content, took that long to make a female animation rig.

They went through several male rigs over the years. Why waste manpower maintaining two rigs if you already know you'll have to remake them in a few months anyway? The runtime rigging and retargeting system they introduced a few months ago required new rigs, and this is the system they intend to keep, so it was finally time to implement a female rig. Ivo Herzeg, their lead animation engineer, did a nice presentation on the new system last year: