Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 306976 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #2160 on: May 12, 2020, 12:59:34 AM »
The burn rate for 500 employees has to be so insanely high. It's not like they're all in cheap places either!

From CI(G) rudimentary financial information they released in December 2018 :

According to that document, the company spent $193.3 million since 2012, with $14.23 million in reserve. About $48.8 million of that was spent in 2017, putting the company’s most recently reported monthly burn at an average of a bit more than $4 million.

Unless they somehow found a way to cut costs or keeps themselves from hiring new people, they're probably spending 50m$ a year now.

The Calders buying shares for 46m$ in 2018, going by CI(G) own numbers, was very needed at that point. Who knows what concessions they extracted out of that.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 01:08:20 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #2161 on: May 12, 2020, 11:10:12 PM »
That's the number I was looking for, I remembered it being between $4-$5m.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 02:09:35 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2163 on: May 16, 2020, 02:23:21 PM »
https://forum.canardpc.com/threads/118825-Star-Citizen-AVERTISSEMENT-EN-OP-Le-confinement-facile-avec-Star-Citizen-v3-9?p=12893457&viewfull=1#post12893457

Original French message
Quand on voit l'état de l'IA sur SC, qui est quand même la base dans les jeux solos, ça fait quand même peur.

Il y'a quand meme de très fortes chance pour que les IA de SC et SQ42 soient radicalement différentes. Dans SC elle tourne sur les serveurs, dans SQ42 elle tournera en local (je prie pour qu'ils n'optent pas pour un "solo online" à la Elite Dangerous ...). Ensuite dans SQ42 elle sera beaucoup plus basée sur des script. Je serais surpris que ce soient les mêmes devs qui travaillent sur les IA de l'un et l'autre en fait.
[close]

When you see the state of AI in SC, which will the base for the solo game, one worries.
There's great chances that SQ42 and SC AI will be radically different. In SC it is server based, in SQ42 it will run local (I pray they don't go for an "online solo" like Elite Dangerous...). On top of that, in SQ42 it will be a lot more scripted. I'd be surprised it's even the same devs working on both actually.

:idont
ὕβρις

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2165 on: May 16, 2020, 09:40:28 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gkwh7c/finally_get_to_new_babbage_to_explore_and_this/

Ramps still giving Doors a run for their money in Star Citizen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gktgvr/star_citizen_roadmap_update_20200515/

what's so extremely difficult about body dragging, it's been on the Roadmap a while and now it's progress is even going down.
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2166 on: May 16, 2020, 09:50:34 PM »
Development is so slow, it's going back in time.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2167 on: May 16, 2020, 10:36:41 PM »
Will the game ever reach a point where vehicles don't suddenly explode for no reason?
dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2168 on: May 16, 2020, 11:36:36 PM »
Will the game ever reach a point where vehicles don't suddenly explode for no reason?
Will real life space travel? :hmph

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2170 on: May 17, 2020, 06:16:51 PM »

Shield holes :
https://youtu.be/HwQAxaqRykU?t=227

They're apparently working on a 20 v 20 mode called "Theaters of War".
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/glglpd/cigs_baior_answers_some_evocati_chat_questions/

CIG have spent 18 months working on Theatres of War :oops:

What also happened 18 months ago?
CitizenCon 2018 (which the infamous Forbes article writers attended)
Red Bull recorded their documentary footage at CitizenCon
Rexzilla began his 1 year contract of 7-days-a-week SC streaming
And a month later the Calders' (Summer 2018) $46m investment was made public

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/star-citizen-discussion-thread-v11.529121/post-8465272

That was before they broke the rest of it and all the servers with SSOCS and long term non persistence of course ;)

The 3.8 to 3.9 PU and PTU patches are the worst I've experienced in Star Citizen in quite a few years...it's development going backwards. ToW is (at the moment) 20 v 20 with massive desync, 250ms+ built in server lag, random and consistent server crashes as well as game physics made of jelly... not to mention the thinking and marketing strategy behind offering up a 20 v 20 mini-game pew fest hoping to attract new backers into the main resource starved PU in the age of Fortnite, PUB-G, Battlefield and CoD, I've no idea...neither do they seemingly. It's a drowning man clutching at straws.

Like I mentioned....the ETF chat isn't quite as kind as that either.

Ci¬G are making it obvious that they cannot...for whatever reason...further progress the gameplay and content of the PU in any substantial and meaningful manner, excuses for Sqn 42 taking most of the resources from a 600+ strong multi-national team of devs doesn't really ring with any measure of truth. They're marking time and producing nothing but fluff and distraction whilst their main source of income, the PU, is dying.

Biting the hand that feeds you has never been a good idea.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/star-citizen-discussion-thread-v11.529121/post-8465119
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2171 on: May 17, 2020, 06:22:20 PM »
In lore, ToW, Star Marine, and Arena Commander are popular sim games. ToW scenarios in particular are reenactments of past historical battles. In PU they will accessible through simpods (Basically just a way to get into the lobby screen from your character) and may have rewards in the PU tied to to playing the sim games.

:brock

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/glglpd/comment/fqxb7vl
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #2172 on: May 17, 2020, 09:28:22 PM »
Yeah Theaters of War was their big announcement at their personal convention last year. They wanted to try and get in on the fact that one of the most popular streamers of their game stages mock battles like people are playing Arma or Squad or something. So they did this huge reveal, which was of course underwhelming, and then the game just disappeared from mention for 6 months or so.

Remember that this is supposed to be a game about flying spaceships, and now they're making a poor man's battlefront to go along with it. Nevermind that their current FPS gameplay is horribly bad/broken despite them using an engine designed to make FPS.

The only company brave enough to do this.
NO

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2173 on: May 18, 2020, 12:01:51 AM »
I’m sure Cliffy B isn’t doing anything this week, they should hire him to turn it into a battle royale.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #2174 on: May 18, 2020, 12:46:39 AM »
Remember that this is supposed to be a game about flying spaceships
I've seen no evidence of this.

bluemax

« Reply #2175 on: May 18, 2020, 09:51:30 PM »
I’m sure Cliffy B isn’t doing anything this week, they should hire him to turn it into a battle royale.

They can't get more than 50 people into their MMO portion. I'm guessing the 20v20 was the most they could manage without it falling apart even worse than it is falling apart.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/gm0qjz/another_theaters_of_scam_gameplay_video_60_fps/
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2176 on: May 21, 2020, 09:39:43 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2177 on: May 31, 2020, 10:39:27 AM »
CI(G) had a video about salvage...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gsyq3c/comment/fs8ksyj

Remember the good old days back in 2016 when salvaging was coming in 3.2?

A patch that was supposed to drop in mid-2017, 4-6 months after 3.0 - which was coming by the end of the year in 2016?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2178 on: May 31, 2020, 02:25:08 PM »
So CIG Lied again...

©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2179 on: June 07, 2020, 09:43:24 AM »
Latest SC roadmap update.

I'm sure everyone will be highly dissapointed with the news that body dragging is down 4% at 89%. So close yet so far.

Bartender is still being worked on! This is surely going to be the BDBE (Best Damn Bartender Ever).

Meanwhile Eddie Parr is still on the roadmap, after having being pushed back several patches already. Who knew making an NPC mission giver was so hard!

Updated Elevator Panels only at 17% is surely a bitter dissapointment to many. I'm sure many of you are looking forward to this.

And looks like Surrendering is off the cards... no giving yourself up to spend time in jail. You have to die first before getting sent to fidelity jail.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/star-citizen-discussion-thread-v11.529121/post-8503573
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2180 on: June 07, 2020, 09:46:30 AM »
A quote cribbed from SA (I think) he plays it up a bit for comedic effect as you can read for yourself in the replies :

Sarsapariller said:
I'm happy to report that drinking from a water bottle is a Faustian nightmare, actually.

* First you need to find a bottle of water. Which ones are for sale? Most of the stores in the game have random assets like water bottles and vending machines scattered around but they're non-interactive. So now you need to hold F and mouse over all of them at every station until you find one that is drinkable.

* Next you need to buy the bottle of water. Select "Quick Buy" and DO NOT MOVE because it takes the server 5-10 seconds to process this command, at which point your character will play this aggressive arm-swipe animation and the bottle will teleport into your hand. It looks hilariously bad. If you move the purchase will likely fail.

* Did you want to store that bottle of water for later? I hope you bought a "Rucksack" brand chest piece! Oh you didn't know that you literally have to buy a single specific type of chest piece just to have a blarping inventory system in this game? Well, you do. It's only sold at one terminal on Microtech. Get ***ed.

* So I guess let's just drink it here. Hit F, awkwardly look down at your own body, find the water bottle in your hand, and select "Drink." Oops, you forgot to take your helmet off! You stupid humdidumdidum!

* Go into your equipment menu and take off your helmet. Pray to RNG Chris that you aren't standing in a pocket of vacuum in the middle of the crowded shopping mall. Your character will play an unskippable helmet-removal animation- you may cheer "HELMET! HELMET! HELMET!" if you so choose. While playing the animation, the character will immediately drop the water bottle and it will clip through the floor. This happens every time. Should have taken your helmet off first, bleep-o!

* Buy another water bottle. Stare at your own hand again like you have some kind of motion disability, and select "Drink." Wait 2-3 seconds for the server to register your command. You will play an unskippable, long animation of unscrewing the bottle top, taking a swig, and screwing the bottle top back on. This will gain you approximately 5% of your total thirst back. That's right! You will need to perform this animation twenty times to get your thirst meter back to full from zero. How many swigs are in a bottle? Possibly around seven. When a bottle is empty your character will perform an unskippable dropping animation and throw the corpse of the bottle through the floor, as is tradition.

* Time to go find something to eat!

[…]

And you have to do this interaction every hour or you will die of thirst.

That is why I write these reports- the game is so unbelievably awful that it warrants documentation

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/star-citizen-discussion-thread-v11.529121/post-8504049
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2181 on: June 07, 2020, 02:42:05 PM »
We punched the shopkeeper and he cried, didnt know they could do that yet

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gxja33/we_punched_the_shopkeeper_and_he_cried_didnt_know/
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2182 on: June 07, 2020, 04:04:34 PM »
I’d be afraid to punch the bartender. The bartender AI might seize control of a predator drone and kill you irl.
©@©™

bluemax

« Reply #2183 on: June 08, 2020, 01:52:29 AM »
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2184 on: June 09, 2020, 08:01:24 AM »
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/i-want-to-know-who-the-hell-thought-this-was-a-goo

The Star Citizen player base is super racist, who could've imagined!

Page not found... All Google gives me is :

I want to know who the hell thought this was a good idea
Wow... You go after any backer that expresses any political commentary.. And then turn around and post this shit publicly CIG? What the hell are you thinking?

Though I can make a couple of educated guesses considering current events. :lol

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/8o8kTbo

I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE STAIRS SPACE CADET ! I TOLD YOU !
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #2185 on: June 13, 2020, 04:36:46 PM »
https://www.altchar.com/game-news/star-citizen-funding-hits-300-million-as-people-buy-4600-ship-packs-apTay1q7BQPv

Between May 26 and June 1, 2020, Star Citizen backers pledged around $8 million. That is less than one week, meaning it was significantly more than $1 million per day.

:lol :lol :lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2186 on: June 13, 2020, 05:09:31 PM »
dog

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2187 on: June 14, 2020, 02:29:18 AM »
Ok, fess up.

Which one of you sluts put money into this?  :ufup
Margs

Raist

« Reply #2188 on: June 14, 2020, 04:08:11 AM »
It's in the title, duh.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2189 on: June 14, 2020, 04:22:30 AM »
Bug or not, they put out two patch notes in the same patch. One said: "Known issues: NPC AI are standing on chairs" and the other said "Fixed: NPC AI should no longer stand on chairs". For the same patch.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-citizen-funding-hits-300-million-as-people-buy-4-600-ship-packs.226696/post-36886249
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #2190 on: June 14, 2020, 08:35:37 AM »
The alpha is fun as it is right now, as long as you accept that it's not a game, it's an entertaining collection of bugs that sometimes lets you do the thing you want to do. Spending more than $50 on it is kind of ridiculous, and mostly you can get enough of it by trying the Free Flight weeks they do every so often.

:neogaf

Raist

« Reply #2191 on: June 14, 2020, 08:57:44 AM »

Raist

« Reply #2192 on: June 14, 2020, 09:21:14 AM »
You'd think this is a parody, but nope, that's their latest roadmap update.

Notable Changes for June 12th, 2020

Mission Giver: Eddie Parr
Although we will release the bartender functionality with Alpha 3.10, Eddie Parr requires additional functionality as a mission giver and certain higher priority tasks need to be completed before the team can begin addressing those relevant to Eddie Parr. At the same time, we'll be reviewing mission givers overall and planning out what steps we can take to improve them. Because of this, we've removed Eddie Parr from the roadmap for the time being until we are able to determine where he will fall.

Docking
Certain scheduled work took more time than expected on tasks associated with this card, and additional work was identified by the team during the initial Q3 planning which has pushed Docking past the cutoff date for Alpha 3.11. Until we can solidify Docking's place in a future update, we've removed this card from the Roadmap.

Elevator Panel Updates
The feature's scope has increased in complexity since we initially planned this as an Alpha 3.10 goal and we will need more time to make the necessary UI code changes. We've moved this card to the Alpha 3.11 column.

Kruger Intergalactic P-72 Archimedes Emerald
The extended description has been updated on this card to clarify that it is indeed a skin, not a ship. | Implementing the Archimedes Emerald skin into the game.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2193 on: June 14, 2020, 10:09:04 AM »
Although we will release the bartender functionality with Alpha 3.10...
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #2194 on: June 14, 2020, 12:59:05 PM »
Although we will release the bartender functionality with Alpha 3.10...

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2195 on: June 14, 2020, 01:10:00 PM »
Release the Eddie Parr cut!
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2196 on: June 14, 2020, 02:32:20 PM »
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/why-is-star-citizen-falling-behind-compared-to-gam/214259

Once Squadron 42 hits Beta and The PU gets its server shit together, the features we think CIG abandoned or is delaying needlessly will explode into the game. There are a lot of things ready to be put in now that can't be for technical network reasons.

:maduro

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/why-is-star-citizen-falling-behind-compared-to-gam/3146770
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2197 on: June 14, 2020, 03:07:36 PM »
The fundamental mistake you're making as a non-developer, is that you're holding CIG to the letter of their promises before they actually knew what the monthly burn rate was, how long things would take, if they could develop tech to produce assets based on early estimates, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gyrksb/comment/ftcal0o

I honestly couldn't care less about more star systems or SQ42 anyway.

Two or three gameplay loops + Server Meshing could already turn Stanton into the best space sim mmorpg ever created

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/h07t7y/comment/ftkky03

Another update video for the single player game went MIA.

Last but not least, we’re aware that many of you eagerly await the Squadron 42 Update video we had mentioned previously. We’re eager too! So much so, that we jumped the gun and posted a publish date prematurely. We mentioned editorial issues, and to be very specific about what that meant, the video just wasn’t good enough, which oftentimes can be the case when working creatively. It’s very rare that we publish any video without it going through some level of iteration – our goal is to provide you all with meaningful content after-all. For this episode, it lacked the b-roll to properly illustrate what we were discussing, which led to it feeling like a lot of words without visual substance. We played with it, and added more visuals to better accompany our discussion. However, it became clear that we still weren’t quite there. So we’ve had to re-shoot some of it to better reflect what we want to show.

To properly set expectations, this specific video is just another way to share more information by checking in with Brian Chambers and some of the devs and seeing what they are working on. Our goal overall is simply to create more ways to share Squadron 42 progress updates with you, especially in lieu of the Roadmap visualization which is being updated. We don’t want to leave you in the dark! So, while progress continues on an updated Roadmap (which we’re looking forward to rolling out), stay tuned and we’ll update the community content schedule as quickly as possible, and not before it’s ready.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/17629-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

The claimed to have passed 300m$ in crowdfunding, apparently not counting outside investments (50-75m$ or so).
 :playa
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #2198 on: June 14, 2020, 03:09:48 PM »
which led to it feeling like a lot of words without visual substance

Yeah that would be out of character.

nudemacusers

« Reply #2199 on: June 14, 2020, 04:39:50 PM »
they’ve done a one-in-a-million job of monetizing concept and hope. That’s the real model to follow here.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #2200 on: June 14, 2020, 04:44:43 PM »
Hey remember when everyone talked about staggered development and how it would let them build the tools to build content in mere moments?

Turns out when your director is mercurial and chases the latest shiny out in the industry it only staggers problems.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2201 on: June 14, 2020, 06:52:57 PM »
BoredGamer has a video on YouTube where he make some guesses and reckons they might have levied 425m$ in funds already if you add in other revenues : The subscriptions for the "premium video content" which indeed are not in the tracker IIRC and payment for some of the marketing tie-ins with PC components makers.

The funding for this is never going to stop, I think, unless/until they reach a total show stopper. None of the lawsuits stuck, whales are in more than ever... 500m$ (or shy of) on their public facing tracker doesn't seem so outlandish anymore.
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #2202 on: June 15, 2020, 03:26:28 AM »
The public funding tracker is hilarious as shit. How are they on track for their best year of funding ever when the game is even more of a train wreck than normal AND there's a global pandemic and insane recession. It boggles the mind.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2203 on: June 15, 2020, 05:03:01 AM »
Honestly marzoo if you were the REAL true backer (lmao what does this even mean) you say you are, you would know that in a reddit post on the Star Citizen reddit, Bearded-CIG was able to diagnose a reoccurring 30k issue that a player had because the ethernet cable was running along copper pipes. Moving the ethernet cable stopped the disconnections.

:smug
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2204 on: June 15, 2020, 10:21:51 AM »
Maybe it's just the copper pipes in your house that's causing the game to be incomplete and buggy. :hans1
©@©™

nudemacusers

« Reply #2205 on: June 15, 2020, 12:32:06 PM »
Need some high fidelity cable jpgs
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #2206 on: June 15, 2020, 12:34:10 PM »
I don't play fortnite and I think Star Citizen, personally, even in this state offers far more as a game than fortnite does.
:science
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Raist

« Reply #2207 on: June 15, 2020, 03:51:34 PM »
I know some people who spent more on Clash of Clans than Star Citizen (which is $45 for the entire game)

:brain

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2208 on: June 16, 2020, 01:36:54 AM »
This obsession with Robert's personal wealth is weird af.. Like do you honestly believe we are entitled to receipts from his personal finances?

:money
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #2209 on: June 16, 2020, 02:00:40 AM »
Out of curiosity, what is the premise of this game? Is it like EVE Online meets No Man's Sky? Are they going for an MMO experience?
More EVE online, less No Man's Sky. The best description would be a space life simulator as that is the end goal now. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/12879-Death-Of-A-Spaceman

Similar to EVE, you make your own career path, but just like EVE folks with more cash will definitely have an edge over you. People can argue if it's pay-to-win depending on you define your end game goal. If you think of it is as an MMO where gear and loot is the endgame, then I'd consider other players already have an advantage. If you consider it as a game where you can fill an occupation of a space trucker, explorer, salvager or find a niche such as a bartender or space merchant then gear/loot wouldn't matter too much to you except none of these gameplay loops are implemented in-game yet, only cargo hauling.

I have one question: If I buy this right now, what can I actually do?
Since there are multiple types of purchases available, what you will need to buy is a Game Package, which includes a beginner ship and access to the Alpha testing of the game. Prices range from $45 (USD) to about $150 (USD), starting with the basic package to ships a tier higher depending on what you want to start with. Previously, the Game Package would give you access to the Persistent Universe (PU), plus Squadron 42 (single player campaign) and the two other multiplayer modules Arena Commander (gives you access to racing and ship combat) and Star Marine (is the FPS only multiplayer shooting portion). Besides the PU, no one really plays both of the modules, you can get a game once in awhile, but it will mostly you on an empty instanced server.

The main multiplayer portion is the PU that gives you the space sim aspect of the game. You will start from a selected space station or landing zone and begin from there. At this point you can select from a few different types of missions or just choose to explore the universe with your starter ship, but understand the missions are pretty rudimentary and a half broken.

The current main gameplay loops are combat, mining and cargo hauling. You can choose to explore the planets, which I think the fidelity and detail is quite amazing. There a quite a bit of combat missions that have you fighting pirates, looking for bounties, or protecting a ship. A few have you flying down onto a planet's surface and raiding a drug lab into FPS combat or finding a missing person in a cave. Although there are lots of missions, there's realistically only about 4-5 different variations that include delivery missions where you retrieve a package from location and drop it off in another destination. The mining portion requires that you have a mining ship, which there are only 2 currently available. You can either grind for the rental cost or buy in-game, which costs about 1.2 million. A delivery mission with the basic ship can fetch you about 1-3K in 10-30mins of gameplay, you do the math on how long it'll take to get a mining ship. And then there is cargo hauling which requires a ship with plenty of cargo. I believe all accounts will have a Freelancer (one of the mid-size cargo ships available), I think these are temporarily though, who knows how long it will be in your available ship. In different stations/landing zones, you can go to a trading console and purchase commodities you can haul to another location and sell those as there will be different pricing from locations.
wow thx

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2210 on: June 16, 2020, 03:23:48 AM »
Well EA has a "Star Wars Squadrons" game now announced. Mark Hamill ('s model ?) might be in it too. Oops.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/h9r8vg/come_on_ea/

This is why I keep my mouth shut on anything related to star citizen.

They are trying to make a proper game which is way harder than EA just cutting all corners to ship out half baked games for fast cash.

:engel

Promised SQ42 video still MIA :

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/h9ox3t/another_week_of_no_sq42_update_video/
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2211 on: June 16, 2020, 03:37:50 AM »
CIG needs to stop communication of upcoming things and only stick to things that are being worked on or releasing RIGHT NOW. Clearly people don't have patience and telling them something is going to come at a certain time doesn't help.

:mike

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/h9ox3t/comment/fuy77go

Bear in mind that the UK is still under lockdown, which is where most of the mocap was being done. Sq42 is not an essential service, and travel is tricky so if specific actors are needed then that could slow things down.

The bit I find interesting is that they're putting it off to record more performances for the trailer. Are these just for the trailer? Will it find it's way into the game?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/h9ox3t/comment/fuyks9k

Not that I think SQ42 is secretly ready for release but to be fair... It would be a good trump card to win back their crowd and instill new confidence to ship it. If their stats are to be believed they literally are printing money for almost nothing so why even bother ?

But I don't think Croberts is that cynical about it. Squadron 42 is his big wet dream Schindler's List Ten Commandements like project or his big toy he'll play with for as long as permitted.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 04:30:29 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #2212 on: June 16, 2020, 05:07:11 AM »
Wasn't the mocap done, like, 4 years ago? :lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2213 on: June 16, 2020, 06:07:09 AM »
Wasn't the mocap done, like, 4 years ago? :lol

There's semi-regular musings they have had sessions since then. Not sure you could all source them back to an official communication but some were definitely (though not so much with the big name stars) as recently as last year IIRC.

Good thing Serkis is letting them use the studio free for exposure !
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2214 on: June 16, 2020, 06:18:19 AM »
Today I had a nightmare. EA buying CIG and changing every gender to no binary.

Looks like I have helicopters downvoting me

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/h9r8vg/comment/fuzq2e3
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2215 on: June 16, 2020, 08:59:51 AM »
Someone needs to do an investigation into how many backers have died in the 8+ years since they started taking money.
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2216 on: June 16, 2020, 05:58:30 PM »
Interview with a 42000$ backer :

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/ha3hk0/star_citizen_interview_with_a_42000_backer/

Haven't watched it yet but figured it was worthy of being linked.

Edit : Going by one Reddit comment, he bought 8k$ worth of starter packages to gift... It's not the first time I hear about backers buying those (though not to that level) and another reason to take the CIG "account tracker" figure of 2m+ (IIRC) with some salt.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 06:04:48 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #2217 on: June 16, 2020, 06:41:25 PM »
Art (Characters)
The Character Team finished the first hairstyle under the finalized hair creation pipeline, and while they’re still expecting updates on the tech end, the artists are ready to start working through the remaining tasks

:bow :bow2

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #2218 on: June 16, 2020, 08:55:47 PM »
Witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational finalized hair creation pipeline
QED

bluemax

« Reply #2219 on: June 17, 2020, 12:09:50 AM »
Art (Characters)
The Character Team finished the first hairstyle under the finalized hair creation pipeline, and while they’re still expecting updates on the tech end, the artists are ready to start working through the remaining tasks

:bow :bow2

9 years in and one hair style done!
NO