Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 434787 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: Fighting Games Thread
« Reply #1920 on: January 16, 2018, 05:47:50 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1921 on: January 16, 2018, 06:01:55 PM »
That Arcade Edition UI overhaul, new music, and menu interface 
:ohyeah

That character select and match-up screen
 :mynicca :gladbron :obama :sabu

So slick.
:aweshum
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1922 on: January 16, 2018, 07:39:46 PM »
Let's schedule an endless battle room for tomorrow night y'all.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1923 on: January 16, 2018, 08:24:15 PM »
I've never seen any Dragonball, but I like Arc Fighters, tempted to grab this before it loses the 20% discount at Amazon.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1924 on: January 16, 2018, 09:24:41 PM »
I've never seen any Dragonball, but I like Arc Fighters, tempted to grab this before it loses the 20% discount at Amazon.

Are you going to play it online? If not, I'd say wait until the DLC is out and then grab it on sale for like $10 a year later.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1925 on: January 16, 2018, 09:38:06 PM »
They're gonna do another DBZ open beta before the game launches!

I've never seen any Dragonball
:mindblown
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1926 on: January 16, 2018, 09:52:58 PM »
The art always turned me off. I like Toriyama's monster designs which are funny and charming in DQ but never been a fan of his human designs whether it's DBZ or Chrono Trigger. Part of why I prefer Chrono Cross.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1927 on: January 16, 2018, 09:54:51 PM »
The art always turned me off. I like Toriyama's monster designs which are funny and charming in DQ but never been a fan of his human designs whether it's DBZ or Chrono Trigger. Part of why I prefer Chrono Cross.
:crazy
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1928 on: January 16, 2018, 11:42:31 PM »
Confession: I haven't seen DBZ either. I've read the Dragonball manga (:jared at Naked Goku by the thousands as a child), for a few volumes but that's about it. :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1929 on: January 16, 2018, 11:48:03 PM »
 :samoa :rkelly :lucas :hulk
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1930 on: January 16, 2018, 11:48:13 PM »
Weirdos.

Anyways, LordKnight put up a good video. Shows the possibilities with the game.

IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1931 on: January 17, 2018, 02:05:45 AM »
Is the manga actually legit good like One Piece or Berserk? If so, maybe I'll read it someday.

Himu

« Reply #1932 on: January 17, 2018, 03:01:05 AM »
It's fun. It's not as good as One Piece but given it inspired One Piece, worth reading. It's a classic that has inspired an entire generation. Worth reading at least for that alone.

So I'm playing a solid SFV sesh with a friend and suddenly I can't use my joy stick. What in the fuck. I'm going to open it up tomorrow. I hope it just got unplugged in there.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1933 on: January 17, 2018, 03:19:44 AM »
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Apparently my stick must have bumped my hand while in between matches because thanks to a friend apparently it went into RIGHT STICK MODE. Fuck it. Here's the replay. Not perfect play but Super Turbo fundamentals can kinda be seen.

Things to work on:

Getting used to SFV neutral. It's just...different.
Getting used to Ryu's SFV buttons. They're just...different.
Combos. I can still pull them off when need be but punishing is hard when you're not used to the neutral.

AE impressions tomorrow.

One thing about SFV that just makes me play impatiently is the fact the game is so fucking slow. Like gosh. It's so slowwwwwwwwwwwww. After hours of ST and GG playing SFV is like Goku stepping off the spaceship on Namek after training in 100 times Earth's gravity but everything is so slowwwww that you don't have the patience to do a proper anti-air read. Fuck I hope I'll adjust.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 04:17:34 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1934 on: January 17, 2018, 07:47:18 AM »
Is the manga actually legit good like One Piece or Berserk? If so, maybe I'll read it someday.

Yes, at least up until Buu.  That's where it became "drag-on ball" IMO.  But all the stuff with Goku as a kid right up until before what became "Z" with the Saiyajin stuff is classic and well-worth reading.  Honestly legit mind-blown that you haven't ever read or watched it.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1935 on: January 17, 2018, 08:17:17 AM »
Android 21 will be playable in DBZ Fighters.  But not just regular Android 21...Majin (?) Android 21.

https://twitter.com/ShonenGameZ/status/953599191737085953
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1936 on: January 17, 2018, 08:33:48 AM »
> disses DBZ's art
> has a One Piece avatar

Himu

« Reply #1937 on: January 17, 2018, 09:33:07 AM »
One Piece has amazing art but ok.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1938 on: January 17, 2018, 09:56:26 AM »
I've only seen like 1 or 2 episodes of DBZ as well. Wasn't much of a fan but it sounds like they may have not been "good" episodes?

Played Sakura last night for like....10 minutes after work. Was pretty tired since it was like 11pm so I ended up going to bed, but I'm excited to dig into her (phrasing!) tonight.

Himu

« Reply #1939 on: January 17, 2018, 09:58:40 AM »
let's play tonight, nacho. unless you wanna watch wnf or w/e
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1940 on: January 17, 2018, 10:07:36 AM »
As for Dragon Ball for those who have never experienced it. Dragon Ball is a multi-generational epic that spans multiple universes. Starting from the beginning of the story you witness the main character, Goku, grow from fledgling child to an adult with kids, who kids eventually have kids. Characters show real growth over the years despite the stereotype of a fight series and while it has weaknesses, all of this is portrayed really well. Regarding fighting, it goes from small, personal kung fu movie style fights where people are grounded, to eventually to the point where the characters manage to learn how to manage their chi to fly, to intergalatic space battles to decide who the most powerful in the universe is, to battles between the gods in the heavens. It is an epic that has its own lore, multiple universes, all tied with neat fights and a personal multi-generational story. The package, when put together, is a classic despite its flaws. I highly suggest reading the manga of Dragon Ball (this includes Z) from beginning to end then maybe watch Kai, particularly in English, which is incredible. Don't watch the original, it's full of filler.

I'm biased because I love Dragon Ball, so...

IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1941 on: January 17, 2018, 10:46:19 AM »
let's play tonight, nacho. unless you wanna watch wnf or w/e
sure, i was going to make a lobby with a friend so you should join us! then you can both beat on my day 1 sak. eventually i should probably hit the training room though :lol

Kappakops is my PC cfn and brock_landers is my PS4 cfn (though i may change that soon) so anyone feel free to add me
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 10:54:41 AM by nachobro »

Himu

« Reply #1942 on: January 17, 2018, 11:14:56 AM »
I'm still working out the kinks on translating from ST to SFV so we'll work it out.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1943 on: January 17, 2018, 11:33:44 AM »
Nacho:

Holy shit, the range on Sak's cr k. :whew
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:38:13 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1944 on: January 17, 2018, 12:24:47 PM »
I'm down for a lobby.  Maybe you guys will actually play for realz since at least from my experience on this board, it never ends up happening.  :doge  Nobody wanna play together here  :'(

And holy fuck, DBZ is out next Friday!?  For some reason I thought we still had a few weeks to go.  @_@
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1945 on: January 17, 2018, 01:11:44 PM »
Maybe you guys will actually play for realz since at least from my experience on this board, it never ends up happening.

I've been waiting for AE.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1946 on: January 17, 2018, 01:52:43 PM »
ill play but not for realz :doge cause i'm a scrub who hasn't even looked at her movelist or done much, won't have time to do that shit til tomorrow :lol

bork and cindi, what are your cfn?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:00:02 PM by nachobro »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1947 on: January 17, 2018, 02:45:41 PM »
 :lol By "for realz" I mean just meeting up to play in general.  I've played with Himu a few times here and there and uh...that's about it.  In any video game.   :P

CFNs are funkyaction (Steam) and lyteedge (PSN).
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1948 on: January 17, 2018, 02:56:26 PM »
Okay. We should play more regularly I agree. We just play different games. SFV is a good meeting ground tho.

CFN is Nomida. I'm changing it soon.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1949 on: January 17, 2018, 03:03:50 PM »
Dunno; spending all those points (or paying, lol) to change a CFN name is kinda ridiculous.

I tried to get on Fightcade with you too but it didn't happen.  Plus I couldn't get the ROM to load.
:stahp
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1950 on: January 17, 2018, 03:14:33 PM »
I have the files. I can just make a zip out of my folder and send it over.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1951 on: January 17, 2018, 03:21:10 PM »
Well after I make dinner and such tonight I'll hit yall up on discord

And ya i only want to change mine on psn cause i didn't set it. I let a friend use my ps4 copy while i played on pc and so he put in his name for the cfn. then we both realized it couldn't be changed so oh well. $10 or 200k fm (that's two fucking characters wtf) is a lot of money for a goddamn database edit.

Beezy

« Reply #1952 on: January 17, 2018, 04:32:46 PM »
I'll get on SFV tonight also since I'm done binge watching Dragonball Super. Haven't played consistently in a long time, so don't expect much from me.

Himu

« Reply #1953 on: January 17, 2018, 09:29:33 PM »
I'm in the lab now. Shoot me a request to join a room in 30 minutes.

I've been thinking maybe we should start a stream.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1954 on: January 17, 2018, 09:50:57 PM »
Ready.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1955 on: January 17, 2018, 10:59:02 PM »
GGs that was fun. WTF at Abilgail though, goddamn :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1956 on: January 17, 2018, 11:01:18 PM »
GG!  That was a fun session while it lasted.  Nacho, you kicked us out of the session at the end when you left!  :lol  It was quitting time for me anyway.

I tried to stop playing for a bit to let you guys play each other, but of course the messages don't have a "pass turn" available to post. 

I still have no idea what some of those new V-Triggers do.  Like it took FOREVER to get Abigail's filled up and then...I dunno?  And I'm not sure how to control Menat's.  Cammy's seems to suck.  WTF does Sakura's first one do?  Etc etc.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1957 on: January 17, 2018, 11:03:34 PM »
GGs. I have to admit that I didn't have too much fun besides the Kolin match up and I'm booting up Super Turbo right now. I was hoping AE would be more fun than vanilla SFV but I'm just not feeling it. The slow pacing, the lack of hard knock downs, the constant offense some of which makes no sense, and some frame data issues just make for a really boring game to me. I'm trying to be positive but I'm just not feeling it. Just doesn't feel like a game worth learning.
IYKYK

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1958 on: January 17, 2018, 11:04:56 PM »
I'm down to play some this weekend prob. CFN toobuku

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1959 on: January 17, 2018, 11:06:46 PM »
GGs. I have to admit that I didn't have too much fun besides the Kolin match up and I'm booting up Super Turbo right now. I was hoping AE would be more fun than vanilla SFV but I'm just not feeling it. The slow pacing, the lack of hard knock downs, the constant offense some of which makes no sense, and some frame data issues just make for a really boring game to me. I'm trying to be positive but I'm just not feeling it.

I tried to take it easy on you but I think in some cases it might have seemed like the opposite?  Like I was trying to play really basic with Menat but it seemed to work almost too well and I kept thinking "I bet she thinks I'm toying with her."  :lol
:dead

I think you're just really out of practice with the game and it probably didn't help that you stuck to Ryu and didn't try someone else.  If I was playing so much ST I'd probably pick someone who isn't in that game or who I don't use to help with that muscle memory that makes you want to play one game like the other.  I got a big "She is trying to play Ryu like this is SF2" vibe, for obvious reasons.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1960 on: January 17, 2018, 11:08:49 PM »
Sakura VT1 gives all her fireballs two hits and they juggle if they hit. Her VT2 lets you cancel into vskill after tatsu or shoryuken but I suck at it lol. Also sorry about kicking you out, I didn't see a "leave room" option. Just a "disband and quit".

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1961 on: January 17, 2018, 11:08:52 PM »
Also before I got on with you guys, I was playing some lobby matches.  Maybe it was just my luck, but man...I was getting worse connections than I did when it was just SFV.  Had no problems with you guys though so I suspect it was who I was matched up with.  I played some sets with a guy in the UK and immediately felt input lag, but decided to keep it at.  He beat me doing the stupidest shit.  :lol  I rematched anyway and tried to compensate for the lag but it didn't work he won 3-2.  That was a  :punch :punch :punch moment.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1962 on: January 17, 2018, 11:09:55 PM »
Sakura VT1 gives all her fireballs two hits and they juggle if they hit. Also sorry about kicking you out, I didn't see a "leave room" option. Just a "disband and quit".

She is fun (I like her more than boring ol' Ryu) but I dunno if I am going to take her up or not.  Plus no pantsu.  Capcom WTF were you thinking!?  :wag

I like Chun's new v-trigger a LOT and I love how easy it seems to be to combo in, but I still don't know if I am going to pick her back up.  Thought it was kinda funny that I was doing worse with Cammy when I picked her, although it took a match to get used to Kolin again for whatever reason. 

Probably gonna stick with Cammy and keep working on Birdie. 
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1963 on: January 17, 2018, 11:11:07 PM »
You get some panty shots with the nostalgia costume  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1964 on: January 17, 2018, 11:12:09 PM »
You get some panty shots with the nostalgia costume  :lol

They changed 'em to regular shorts.  :'(

(I bet there's already PC mods that change this  :lol)

I don't Capcom with this selective modesty actually.  Some characters are way more covered up than others. 
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1965 on: January 17, 2018, 11:12:25 PM »
My connections with folks in lobbies seem to be solid compared to SFV but also I did finally get a new router so it's probably that.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1966 on: January 17, 2018, 11:15:04 PM »
My connections with folks in lobbies seem to be solid compared to SFV but also I did finally get a new router so it's probably that.

I've been having some Internet connectivity issues the last day or so.  Probably need to reboot my router.  My Roku refused to work all last night for whatever reason.  Switched to Hulu on my PC and it quit working.  But other stuff was fine and I was working at home all day today with no issues. 
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #1967 on: January 17, 2018, 11:52:29 PM »
Ugh, I fell asleep while waiting for the game to update. Let me know when you all play again.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1968 on: January 17, 2018, 11:56:26 PM »
I'm hoping to start playing this for a while every night.  At least up until Dragonball is out, heh.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1969 on: January 18, 2018, 12:14:29 AM »
In the Beta lobby, don't understand how to get into a fight. I'm matchmaking for a casual match but nothing's happening for minutes...

Bebpo

« Reply #1970 on: January 18, 2018, 12:36:45 AM »
Got in a couple matches. Matches seemed flawless despite the low connections? Game looks amazing.

Have no idea what I'm doing but am slowly picking it up. Learned how to tag and R2 rush which opponents use non-stop on me. Not sure how to do supers or moves with the big muscle guy I'm using. Slowly learning how to play as purple cat. Just figured out two buttons = supers.

This is a lot of fun. Even not knowing how to play much. Feeling like buying this now.

Bebpo

« Reply #1971 on: January 18, 2018, 12:53:12 AM »
How do you do team supers? I did a fireball super and my opponent did a 2 person fireball super that beat my 1 person fireball super ;_;

Starting to get the hang of it. The normal special moves seem kinda slow and if blocked you eat a combo, while the fireball button seems to have low recovery so you can spam fireballs? Homing dash is good but if blocked can leave you open for a combo. And back + hard attack is like a wall bounce knock back you can homing dash into a combo is what I've figured out from messing around so far. Not sure how to launch and don't know how to control an air combo, I always just do L->M->H and it does a knockdown at the end of it? Idk, this is pretty good though.

Bebpo

« Reply #1972 on: January 18, 2018, 01:05:12 AM »
wow, there's a hidden training mode in the corner. WTF. Why isn't this just available from the menu??

Bebpo

« Reply #1973 on: January 18, 2018, 01:56:45 AM »
Did the tutorial -> actually won a match! Woohoo

Yeah, game is pretty fun.

Himu

« Reply #1974 on: January 18, 2018, 02:27:58 AM »
GGs. I have to admit that I didn't have too much fun besides the Kolin match up and I'm booting up Super Turbo right now. I was hoping AE would be more fun than vanilla SFV but I'm just not feeling it. The slow pacing, the lack of hard knock downs, the constant offense some of which makes no sense, and some frame data issues just make for a really boring game to me. I'm trying to be positive but I'm just not feeling it.

I tried to take it easy on you but I think in some cases it might have seemed like the opposite?  Like I was trying to play really basic with Menat but it seemed to work almost too well and I kept thinking "I bet she thinks I'm toying with her."  :lol
:dead

I think you're just really out of practice with the game and it probably didn't help that you stuck to Ryu and didn't try someone else.  If I was playing so much ST I'd probably pick someone who isn't in that game or who I don't use to help with that muscle memory that makes you want to play one game like the other.  I got a big "She is trying to play Ryu like this is SF2" vibe, for obvious reasons.

Has nothing to do with losing. I will lose in SFII quite a bit and in more severe ways. SF2 is a cut throat game. Losing has zero detractment from actual fun. I just don't find it fun.

As for me trying to play it like SFII Ryu, that's just how Ryu is played. It's bread and butter Street Fighter. The new characters like Menat have far too many answers to Ryu's game plan. Essentially, they completely style on Ryu. Ryu should be the backbone of how every character is made. Ryu should be straight down the middle in the tier list. Instead he's at the bottom. As a result, SFV feels all over the place because the priorities and the vision for the game are not coherent.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:36:25 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1975 on: January 18, 2018, 07:41:34 AM »
As for me trying to play it like SFII Ryu, that's just how Ryu is played. It's bread and butter Street Fighter.

If by that you mean "throwing out fireballs and dragon punches," sure.  There was a lot of "typical BnB Ryu" stuff that I didn't see you do one time.  Again, not unexpected since you haven't been playing the game at all- He has some BnB combos you never did and I didn't see you even do stuff like crouching MK into FB even once. 

Actually was surprised you didn't try Sakura.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1976 on: January 18, 2018, 08:57:23 AM »
I tried doing cr mk x fb. I think I did it a few times. I know his bnbs and tried doing them. Playing them in training mode is much different than using them in a fight. Usually bnbs are used to set things up, like after a cross up or whatever. In SFV, there's so few hard knock downs. Any time I knocked you down you did a tech. Which makes it hard to do a bnb. Or if I tried, you'd you hit some button, and we'd trade. I don't understand the games frame data or sense of flow. It feels weird and I'm not a fan. Ryu's ranges are also shit. His st mp requires you to be practically on top of his opponent. His f. hp is slow as fuck. It should be faster and give him for more range going forward when he hits it. Basically, the game has designed Ryu to play defensively but the game wants you to get in your opponents face. Ryu's only real moves that convert into stuff at st mp and cr mk, both lacking range.

Sakura isn't my character. Her tools are lacking that I like about Ryu. He tatsu has always been shit and that's not any different.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1977 on: January 18, 2018, 09:48:51 AM »
sak feels like a bust ass akuma with her vskill into throw and tilted/charged fbs. definitely need to play with vt1 more, I didn't realize it gives her an extra move. i'll probably run another lobby tonight around the same time if yall want to join.

also bork i'll admit i thought you were being a dick with menat at first too. especially when you tossed that orb and just sat in the corner :lol

sfv ranges of attacks are much less in general than sf2 or sf4. that is something that will take some adjustment for me too. it's frustrating when coming from another game, everything feels stubby.

Himu

« Reply #1978 on: January 18, 2018, 09:55:15 AM »
I don't think he was being a dick. That's how the character is played. No holds barred. I forgot about Ryu's parry. That will help in that match up.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1979 on: January 18, 2018, 10:15:43 AM »
They did increase the range of Ryu's crouching MK in AE.

also bork i'll admit i thought you were being a dick with menat at first too. especially when you tossed that orb and just sat in the corner :lol

See!?  :lol  Even I was getting that vibe while I was playing!  But I swear I wasn't doing that on purpose!  I just played super-defensively and tried to control the flow of the match- That's one thing I like about her although against certain characters it's really, really tough to do that.  Still wish she was just a full-on Rose clone though.
ど助平