Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 433406 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Unsure if the beta is over- I'm the on-call monkey at work so I was only able to squeeze in a few fights on Saturday night.  Can't really do online play this week.  Over tomorrow morning, so can get back to some vidya :hyper

Damn, the awesome Tina player ended up falling to NiCO.   :'(  I have her set as my main, but I may end up switching back to La Mariposa or Tina after seeing how the game is turning into NiCO fighter 6.  Although read that after Core Fighters launched, online is filled with tons and tons of Hitomis.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
HonokaHonkers is pretty fun since she's a Dural-like character with moves from different characters.  And fanboys are happy now because the story mode reveals that she is Ayane's sister.  :dizzy
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Punk wins SFV.  I watched most of the top eight and when they got to the top four, it got kind of boring. 

Nothing new from Capcom after the grand finals, holy shit.  The "wait until the arcade version is out and they'll show more!" excuse isn't working now.  Where the hell are the character reveals?
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ANOTHER Goku is coming to Dragonball FighterZ.  :lol

This time it's Kid Goku from GT.
ど助平

Beezy

GT :-\

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
GT :-\

How about...Ubuu?  Or that version of Pan?  Or...ANYONE NOT GOKU OR VEGETA OR WITH SPIKY SAIYAN HAIR
:stop
ど助平

Himu

GT gets a character before the orignal dragon ball.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
GT gets a character before the orignal dragon ball.

Yeah.  :-\

:goty2 :beli :goty
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
HonokaHonkers is pretty fun since she's a Dural-like character with moves from different characters.  And fanboys are happy now because the story mode reveals that she is Ayane's sister.  :dizzy

Doesn't that make Hooters Kasumi's half-half-sister? :doge

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty

Doesn't that make Hooters Kasumi's half-half-sister? :doge
I think they're cousins because Ayane and Honoka are related thru rapist ninja dad and Ayane and Kasumi are related through the mother.

Hooters is a Ninja by blood now I guess

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

that fatality, that redesign wow

Akala

• Easy Victor
The fatalities and general ultraviolence are on point.

I am not 100% sold on MK as overall looks kinda jank, but it can look amazing when it really wants to. Wish there was a bit more care put into more of the animations, like some are just :whew but most are :hhh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

remy

that fatality, that redesign wow

o
god am i gonna buy another mk

nachobro

• Live Más
that power rangers game looks like some powerful kusoge so i'm gonna have to get it. :lol i checked psn and that says its not out til next week so i'm not sure how people have it now. i guess the other platforms got it early?

i was reading that there's a bug at the moment where you can't switch to crouch/stand while blocking so if you block a jump in you are 100% open to any low. oops! :lol

https://twitter.com/BadMrFrostii/status/1111088888993345537

https://twitter.com/Dallas4Dallas/status/1110593456219414529

https://twitter.com/Novasonicrun/status/1111120901481783296

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
It's already out on Switch and Xboner.

Watched some footage and...probably a pass from me.  Was never into Power Rangers.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
never was into power rangers but i'm into jank fighting games. :lol will be fun to take to weeklies and its only $20.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Different ways to interpret Ono's latest tweets- is he going home for good?  Is he done with SFV or Street Fighter in general?  Are there no more characters in development?  Are we being trolled again?
:idont

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
If you look at the SFV character select screen right now, it's uneven- there's a blank space on the right side.  You can't leave it this way, Capcom.  Put at least one more character or in or move random select to the that slot.  PLS
:stahp
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
 :zzz

thisismyusername

>Playing Rootkit Fighter 5
>2XXX
ISHYGDDT.jpg

Himu

Move on to save Capcom fg division. Need new blood. Ono has had only two fg sucesses in his time running the  place.
IYKYK

Akala

• Easy Victor
ASW x capcopm Darkstalkers pls, then FG renaissance will be pretty much complete.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I doubt Ono is the cause of all their issues.

They should totally let Arc make a game for them- not like it hasn't happened before...Arc made Basara X.   :)
ど助平

Himu

I doubt Ono is the cause of all their issues.

They should totally let Arc make a game for them- not like it hasn't happened before...Arc made Basara X.   :)

Ono is the that suggested a lot of the most controversial/bad issues. Ono's gotta go. People will say,"Ono is straddled by the execs" and I've said the same thing, but get this - Ono is an exec and made the decisions himself.

Credits:

Street Fighter X Tekken - executive producer
Street Fighter V - executive producer

I thought he was the executive producer for Marvel. Looks like he's only had one success and that's SFIV.

Capcom Fighting Jam - producer
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 02:38:17 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Ono is the that suggested a lot of the most controversial/bad issues.

What's your source on this?

Ono's gotta go. People will say,"Ono is straddled by the execs" and I've said the same thing, but get this - Ono is an exec and made the decisions himself.

As an executive producer, he's expected to make sure the game(s) meet the company's goals/direction, no?  Not going to blame one guy for everything unless he said it himself.

Plus, didn't someone else already take over as head of the division the fighting games come from?

EDIT: Yup, Ryozo Tsjuimoto is in charge.  Ono hasn't been head of consumer games division 2 since 2016.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 04:09:38 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/aprilfool/2019

Capcom April Fool's joke SHMUP game.  Intro featuring Hi-Score Girl.  :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 03:22:41 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

remy

Pretty awesome comeback in DOA6!

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelatedExcitedTarsierStoneLightning
I was watching this live yesterday, that first rig combo was hype as shit. 28 hits :lawd

Then rabies somehow takes the round :lawd

DOA6 seems like a great spectater game so far. evo missin' out

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

I was watching this live yesterday, that first rig combo was hype as shit. 28 hits :lawd

:yukasalute
ど助平

remy

:yukasalute

:jgames

get honoka on stream

Coax

Went looking for the music Max uses for his outros. Upbeat goodness.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Was first used in EX+Alpha on PS1
:expert

Pretty cool that he's been putting up some Fighting EX Layer videos lately.  That game never had a chance to shine.  :'(
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fuck capcom for bringing back breath of fire in a shitty fighting game
fat

Akala

• Easy Victor
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] is $14.99 and the DBZ DLC is half off on PSN this week.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
https://twitter.com/81MALICE
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=6oo9cejuhbjk6tts1frmfcevog@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York&pli=1

If you want to follow FGC events, Malice's FGC calendar is one of the most comprehensive. However, he tends to delete and disappear at times, so who knows how long it'll stay up this time.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Hmm...wonder if they will unveil it at E3...or Evo? :thinking
The Taiwan Digital Game Rating Committee has rated Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r] for PlayStation 4 and Switch.

BBCT update finally coming soon. 
The BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle version 1.5 update will launch on May 21, developer Arc System Works announced.

The update will include the battle balance updates made for the recent arcade version release, as well as the release of “Additional Characters Set Vol. 7,” which includes Naoto Kurogane, Teddie, Seth, and Heart Aino.

Users who already purchased the “Additional Characters All-in-One Pack” or purchase all six existing “Additional Characters Set” add-ons will be able to access the new characters free of charge. Everyone else can get the characters by purchasing “Additional Characters Set Vol. 7” for 1,000 yen (western prices to be announced).

ど助平

Tripon

nachobro

• Live Más
#PutKingInTittyFighter

Tripon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
That's a pretty packed list of games!  :o

Any chance for a post-tournament reveal here?

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
Maybe for MK. Combo Breaker is basically EVO for NRS

Mystery Game, MK11, CVS2, and Vsav are gonna be the must watch events for me.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Already bored with MK.  LOL me for being an idiot and buying it on more than one platform.  :gloomy 

Samurai Shodown in a month. :hyper
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Tasty

thisismyusername

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1130847447326920704

Oh, right. Forgot I got that for free.

But I really wish they'd just port P4U2 to Steam. :/

Tripon

- Certain characters such as Guile and Zangief will have adjustments made to their aesthetics, personality, and presentation to avoid "promoting toxically masculine ideals or behaviors" and "militarism and imperialism" (as suggested by an outside consultant). The behavior/presentation of the male characters is designed to promote the idea that "male strength need not be only physical, without emotion or sensitivity, or used only to hurt or dominate others".

- Ryu and Sakura (not Chun-li, as Capcom feels that Chinese players would find the notion of changing her race/ethnicity in particular to be "especially offensive"), as the game's default characters, have been reenvisioned as "semi-custom characters" that can be "retextured" on demand for free to allow players to choose an African, Latino/a, Indian, or Arabic (with more options likely to be made available on demand) appearance for them, with multiple natural hair colors (unnatural colors like pink are premium-only), hair textures (though not variant hairstyles, which are also premium content), and skin tones available, in order to "promote inclusiveness and celebrate the diversity of Street Fighter's fanbase", as suggested by a Capcom USA employee. The team "doesn't want to cede the issue to Mortal Kombat".

- At least one new character may be canonically transgender (though not in China and certain other markets), but in a "more mature and legitimate way than Poison", as suggested by an outside consultant.

https://pastebin.com/J6EvAQbV

:hans1 :stop :insane :exxy :shaking

nachobro

• Live Más
the fakest leak of all time, i love it :lol

thisismyusername

- Certain characters such as Guile and Zangief will have adjustments made to their aesthetics, personality, and presentation to avoid "promoting toxically masculine ideals or behaviors" and "militarism and imperialism" (as suggested by an outside consultant). The behavior/presentation of the male characters is designed to promote the idea that "male strength need not be only physical, without emotion or sensitivity, or used only to hurt or dominate others".

- Ryu and Sakura (not Chun-li, as Capcom feels that Chinese players would find the notion of changing her race/ethnicity in particular to be "especially offensive"), as the game's default characters, have been reenvisioned as "semi-custom characters" that can be "retextured" on demand for free to allow players to choose an African, Latino/a, Indian, or Arabic (with more options likely to be made available on demand) appearance for them, with multiple natural hair colors (unnatural colors like pink are premium-only), hair textures (though not variant hairstyles, which are also premium content), and skin tones available, in order to "promote inclusiveness and celebrate the diversity of Street Fighter's fanbase", as suggested by a Capcom USA employee. The team "doesn't want to cede the issue to Mortal Kombat".

- At least one new character may be canonically transgender (though not in China and certain other markets), but in a "more mature and legitimate way than Poison", as suggested by an outside consultant.

https://pastebin.com/J6EvAQbV

:hans1 :stop :insane :exxy :shaking

- Due to the positive reception of "Hot Ryu"/bearded Ryu from SFV, more of the male characters have been further redesigned to appeal more to women. The team believes that women like "well-groomed facial hair", "toned and muscular but not bulky" bodies, "broad shoulders", "strong jawlines", and "expensive hairstyles".

GIVE US HOT DADDY CODY, YOU BASTARDS! :bolo

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
That "leak" is horrifying AND YET 100% IN LINE with what it's like to make a AAA game in 2019. The fact of the matter is Capcom USA -does- indeed own Street Fighter and this kinda thing COULD happen. The amount of info in there is nuts though and that's why I think it's fanfic (the more details, the easier it is to find the source of the leak)

Tho I think at a company like Capcom Ono would just steamroll through whatever hilarious nonsense he wanted to pursue this time around

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
"- Those promoting this concept point to the success of bikini seller "Zaful" in making its bikinis "go viral" by sending YouTubers (mostly attractive young women) free swimsuits in return for them making "try on haul" videos showing off the products they received (and of course their bodies, which some say is the primary reason the videos are popular).

- Some in Capcom feel that the company's "rich history" of female characters could inspire a similarly successful line of bikinis and "target the horny teenage boy market" with "social media promotions" (though many others find the idea "demeaning to women", "distasteful", and "potentially creepy as many of these YouTubers are underage girls")."

:jeanluc :yikes

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:mods
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
the fakest leak of all time, i love it :lol

"Guest characters" from other franchises inside and outside of Capcom are being heavily pursued. In particular, many in Capcom USA are advocating for the game to add "striking, bizarre, and memeable" characters like Shrek (due to his existing meme status), WWE's John Cena, and characters from the popular anime "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure" to emulate the "crossover appeal" of Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. series and earn the game articles on sites like Kotaku and "chatter on social media". (Capcom is taking an unconventional approach to marketing this time, as detailed in the "Marketing" section.)

:lol :rofl

That "leak" is horrifying AND YET 100% IN LINE with what it's like to make a AAA game in 2019. The fact of the matter is Capcom USA -does- indeed own Street Fighter and this kinda thing COULD happen. The amount of info in there is nuts though and that's why I think it's fanfic (the more details, the easier it is to find the source of the leak)

Tho I think at a company like Capcom Ono would just steamroll through whatever hilarious nonsense he wanted to pursue this time around

:goty2
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 07:59:08 AM by bork »
ど助平

thisismyusername

Yep. That's why I'm worried.

nachobro

• Live Más
A lot of that doc just makes no sense. Ono isn't being shuffled off into a corner, he got a promotion and is now the "esports" guy so on a game like this he has much more power than before.  Also a few other things like them having so much decided but it isn't set in stone if the game is 2D or 3D? ???

This thing is 100% targeted to twitter and enthusiast discords/forums to try and get them riled up.

thetylerrob

"Guest characters" from other franchises inside and outside of Capcom are being heavily pursued. In particular, many in Capcom USA are advocating for the game to add "striking, bizarre, and memeable" characters like Shrek"

:dead