Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 159287 times)

thisismyusername

• https://goo.gl/SEuEBL Stay pressed, DNC.
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #5220 on: May 09, 2019, 10:28:07 PM »
:10bux: though. :donot That shit should've been in on launch.

Tasty Meat

• It will never appear where there is strife. Its sightings have become rare recently.
« Reply #5221 on: May 09, 2019, 10:46:11 PM »
They're gonna keep adding more modes to it, so right now it's a lower-value proposition than it'll eventually end up.

I don't care though, I need Marathon Mode (and also that sweet Game Boy theme. :drool)
🌈

nachobro

• Live MŠs
« Reply #5222 on: May 09, 2019, 11:32:07 PM »
it's a free game so that seems reasonable. gameboy theme is pretty sick

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #5223 on: May 10, 2019, 08:43:34 AM »
They're only looking for a 'few' positions.

Such as:
Art director
Lead character artist
Lead graphics engineer
Lead cinematics artist
Lead External Environment Artist

Once those are filled in they can start pre-production on this thing for real.

Yeah uh, look forward to playing this in 4 years

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5224 on: May 10, 2019, 09:14:47 AM »
They're gonna keep adding more modes to it, so right now it's a lower-value proposition than it'll eventually end up.

I don't care though, I need Marathon Mode (and also that sweet Game Boy theme. :drool)

I bought this just for the marathon mode...even though I have Puyo Puyo Tetris and it already has the same mode available.  :P  You can just get the Puyo Tetris free demo and do marathon mode, IIRC.  :lol

TETRIS
:rejoice
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5225 on: May 10, 2019, 09:24:07 AM »
Saint's Row The Third is out today- some people got it early and have cited framerate issues (although video I saw looked fine), but it's supposed to have a day one patch today.  Hoping it turns out to be a good port.  Would totally play this all over again as a portable game.

Driving around with this playing on the radio
:lawd

ど助平

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #5226 on: May 10, 2019, 09:28:45 AM »
Third is good but I'd really like a Switch port of Saints Row 2
itm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5227 on: May 10, 2019, 09:54:52 AM »
Third is good but I'd really like a Switch port of Saints Row 2

Yes!  Especially one with the Xbox 360-exclusive post-game DLC added.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5228 on: May 10, 2019, 02:05:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/SaintsRow/status/1126903763938287616

Hmm... :thinking

I see some replies to it saying the game runs fine though (basically the same as it did in 2011), so I may still take a chance and open it.  It appears that the patch is more to address some bugs.  There's some reports of crashes here and there, missing subtitles, and some people who got it digitally can't play it yet. :lol 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 02:35:04 PM by bork »
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #5229 on: May 10, 2019, 02:58:07 PM »
SR4 or bust tbh
😽💨

Stro

• I'm just a dragon-canine boye
« Reply #5230 on: May 10, 2019, 03:26:27 PM »
Day 1 patch for a port of a game that came out 8 years ago? :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5231 on: May 10, 2019, 04:38:43 PM »
It looks and runs great (tried undocked) and I was starting to wonder what a patch was even needed for.

Then I went into a store and A suddenly stopped working, so I couldn't cancel out of the menu.  :lol

:neogaf
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #5232 on: May 10, 2019, 10:27:14 PM »
Giving up and buying one of these tonight ó someone link me the microsd card I need from amazon
😽💨

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5233 on: May 10, 2019, 11:08:50 PM »
Giving up and buying one of these tonight ó someone link me the microsd card I need from amazon

Any of these Sandisk ones will work great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073JY5T7T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With prices down, would definitely get at least 200 GB minimum.
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #5234 on: May 11, 2019, 11:45:43 AM »
Really enjoying this thing, especially Tetris 99. My highest is 11th so far  :-[
😽💨

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #5235 on: May 11, 2019, 03:38:29 PM »
I need Netflix and sling for this, where are they :maf
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 03:43:18 PM by CatsCatsCats »
😽💨

Chooky

« Reply #5236 on: May 11, 2019, 06:12:27 PM »
damn thing's been out for two years and it only has hulu. i truly do not understand.

Tasty Meat

• It will never appear where there is strife. Its sightings have become rare recently.
« Reply #5237 on: May 11, 2019, 06:23:39 PM »
Yo Chromecasts are like $20 with some common deals
🌈

Chooky

« Reply #5238 on: May 11, 2019, 06:41:41 PM »
 :wag that's not the same and you know it

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5239 on: May 11, 2019, 07:30:14 PM »

Damn, really?  I got one for $35 the other day while at Best Buy.  Just saw it while in line and figured I'd try one.  Oh well.  :'(

damn thing's been out for two years and it only has hulu. i truly do not understand.

That's not true.  It also has Youtube and NicoNico!  :smug

spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have given up on the Switch getting other streaming services.  It's still dumb as hell that it doesn't have them.  It got a comic reader app before something like Netflix.  OK.  ???

ど助平

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #5240 on: May 11, 2019, 09:32:22 PM »

The point isnít I donít have access to these things, itís that I canít put the game on a switch screen in the bathroom and never miss a minute :doge
😽💨

Svejk

« Reply #5241 on: May 13, 2019, 03:34:40 PM »
Snap Switch is saved! 

Bebpo

« Reply #5242 on: May 13, 2019, 04:56:43 PM »
Is Smash ever going to go on sale in the digital store or will it stay $60 for the entire life of Switch based on past Smash games?

I've decided to go 100% digital on Switch because sometimes I wanna play a few rounds of smash but I don't want to walk over and put the game in. So I'm gonna double dip for the digital copy but I'd like to get it on a sale since already bought it physical...

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #5243 on: May 13, 2019, 05:20:52 PM »
Snap Switch is saved! 

I love how the video cuts out just before the player is about to die and the camera glitches out giving everyone a seizure or two.

Sonic Adventure  :rejoice
dutch

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #5244 on: May 13, 2019, 08:06:32 PM »
Is Smash ever going to go on sale in the digital store or will it stay $60 for the entire life of Switch based on past Smash games?

I've decided to go 100% digital on Switch because sometimes I wanna play a few rounds of smash but I don't want to walk over and put the game in. So I'm gonna double dip for the digital copy but I'd like to get it on a sale since already bought it physical...

Youíll be waiting a long time if they do it at all
😽💨

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5245 on: May 13, 2019, 08:41:59 PM »

You'll see the price drop down on the physical copies way before the digital price ever does. 

:dizzy :dead :dizzy
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #5246 on: May 13, 2019, 09:49:39 PM »
Isn't that why most people are going all digital these days?

On Switch it's mostly because I do all my switch gaming in bed at night and I like to play 20 mins of this game, 20 mins of that game, a few matches of Tetris 99. Last thing I wanna do is get out of bed and go grab the cart and put it in just to play a few rounds of Smash or one run in classic mode.

On consoles I'm still rocking the physical because if I'm gonna sit down on my gaming tv setup and play a game, I'll probably play for a couple hours and that's the only game I'll play. But I buy all my fighting games on PS4 digital so if people are over and we're flipping through fighters we don't have to be constantly changing discs.

Anyhow, it sounds like Smash ain't gonna go any lower, so I'll just double dip digital and then try to sell the physical. I'm guessing it still goes for pretty decent penny since the game never goes on sale.

Tasty Meat

« Reply #5247 on: May 13, 2019, 11:14:56 PM »
All digital :rejoice
🌈

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5248 on: May 13, 2019, 11:42:51 PM »
Isn't that why most people are going all digital these days?

Because they're lazy?  :thinking  :P 

Convenience is a part of it, sure.  I would assume that and another big reason is to de-clutter and not have more stuff lying around. 

On Switch it's mostly because I do all my switch gaming in bed at night and I like to play 20 mins of this game, 20 mins of that game, a few matches of Tetris 99. Last thing I wanna do is get out of bed and go grab the cart and put it in just to play a few rounds of Smash or one run in classic mode.

So get a little game storage case and put it next to your bed for the carts you already own?

Anyhow, it sounds like Smash ain't gonna go any lower, so I'll just double dip digital and then try to sell the physical. I'm guessing it still goes for pretty decent penny since the game never goes on sale.

Nintendo might be the worst when it comes to digital price drops, but I guess they can get away with it.  There were still some Wii U games that were priced too high on the eShop last time I checked.
ど助平

Tasty Meat

« Reply #5249 on: May 13, 2019, 11:46:43 PM »
Minimalism :rejoice

Laziness Convenience :rejoice
🌈

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5250 on: May 13, 2019, 11:51:09 PM »
Minimalism :rejoice

Laziness Convenience :rejoice

Resale value :rejoice

Resale value on games that you paid $30 for that now sell for $300+ :phil

But yeah, I dig the convenience of all-digital- it's not like I give a crap about buying physical copies of PC games.  Putting collecting and reselling aside, PS4 is useless for physical releases since you have to full-install all the games.  On Switch there are a lot of games that are either complete on cart or mostly-complete on the cart and it helps to save a lot of space on micro SD cards.  I realize that I'm one of the crazier ones who buys too much shit, however.

Whenever I feel like I'm done with the collecting thing, I will also be going almost all if not completely digital, too.  Might start doing that with the next round of consoles.
ど助平

Premium Lager

• Surviving G. Shinobi
« Reply #5251 on: May 14, 2019, 02:06:19 AM »
I agree on the convenience, but the price has to be super low or it has to be a game I know will be fresh forever (Civ6, D3).

Otherwise I buy everything physical for that resale value which is especially good with Nintendo games. Like I know that I will bw able yo sell Smash in a few months for close to what I bought it for.

Svejk

« Reply #5252 on: May 14, 2019, 08:29:45 AM »
Whenever I feel like I'm done with the collecting thing, I will also be going almost all if not completely digital, too.  Might start doing that with the next round of consoles.
:comeon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5253 on: May 14, 2019, 08:38:12 AM »
:comeon

"Come on" what?  I've been talking about this for a while now.
:bolo
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #5254 on: May 14, 2019, 08:44:33 AM »
A few years, yeah....

Premium Lager

• Surviving G. Shinobi
« Reply #5255 on: May 14, 2019, 10:15:02 AM »
Whats the point of collecting things?

Stro

« Reply #5256 on: May 14, 2019, 10:46:25 AM »
To have a collection of things

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5257 on: May 14, 2019, 10:51:58 AM »
To fill the void in our souls?
©@©ô

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5258 on: May 14, 2019, 11:40:46 AM »
Because you have nothing else to do?

It's like this guy spends all his time getting stuff, moving it all around, repainting/redoing the rooms, and then moving to bigger and newer houses...and that's it.  :lol

EDIT: Oh, damn.

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

Iím currently spending time with the family and having a break from everything. With the passing of Saber itís made us realise we need time out.

The last 8 years of Building, renovations, moving house, building, renovations and then finally losing both dogs (family members) within a year of each other has taken its toll on us all.

Since last week Iíve lost the passion for well.. anything. Video games, tv, cars even working so this break is long overdue.

I canít get on camera and act like everything is ok as thatís not how I work.

I ask you to please hang in there and let me spend time with my family.
Thank you for all the wonderful support.

Then he came back and found out his father is terminally ill.  :(

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 11:46:10 AM by bork »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #5259 on: May 14, 2019, 12:02:03 PM »
 :(
When life slaps you across the face, all that shit is insignificant.

Stro

« Reply #5260 on: May 14, 2019, 01:02:14 PM »
Likely life had already slapped him across the face, which led to the game room collection in the first place. Sounds like it came back for another round just to be a dick.

filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5261 on: May 15, 2019, 12:28:46 PM »
direct today at 3pst  :pimp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5262 on: May 15, 2019, 02:06:35 PM »
direct today at 3pst  :pimp

Mario Maker 2 specifically.
ど助平

filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5263 on: May 15, 2019, 02:10:08 PM »
 :miyamoto

filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5264 on: May 15, 2019, 06:18:11 PM »
 :o :o :o

Dickie Dee

• Slip off the academic gown and on with the antic pants!
« Reply #5265 on: May 15, 2019, 06:47:51 PM »

:hyper
___

Chooky

« Reply #5266 on: May 15, 2019, 06:53:29 PM »
will enjoy watching it on twitch and never buying it

nachobro

• Live MŠs
« Reply #5268 on: May 15, 2019, 07:10:20 PM »

benjipwns

• so let's go outside and we'll play william tell, take your time drawing a bead, i'll stand as still as you need
« Reply #5269 on: May 15, 2019, 07:26:36 PM »
It looks and runs great (tried undocked) and I was starting to wonder what a patch was even needed for.

Then I went into a store and A suddenly stopped working, so I couldn't cancel out of the menu.  :lol

It apparently needs another patch. When undocked it's fine, but when docked, the framerate tanks into the single digits.

meowr

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #5270 on: May 15, 2019, 08:15:34 PM »
I think the day one patch for SR3 actually ended up being delayed a bit. What they're offering for $40 is $15 digitally on PC base price and often goes on sale for like $3.74. :doge It's cool that it's on Switch and I don't have all the DLC for it on 360 so whenever that version drops to $20 I may bite. :-[

SMM2 is going to be insanely huge for them, they've added a lot to what could have just been a straight port and still sold/done well due to having a significantly larger user base than the Weeoo had. Kids could get just that for the year and be more than set gaming wise.
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #5271 on: May 15, 2019, 08:39:45 PM »
Welp, that vouchers thing was the discount I was looking for to double dip on Smash digital. Between using point cards off Amazon for the $100 and getting 5% back there ($5) and the 500 e-shop points you get ($5), it brings it down to $45/game instead of $60, which is alright for stuff Nintendo never puts on sale I guess. Not great deal but better than nothing. Pre-ordered Super Mario Maker 2 & Smash. Hopefully Mario Maker 2 has as good single player campaigns as the original, which I've still never bought, did. No interest in making levels or playing user levels, just getting it for the official Nintendo campaigns because I heard they were quality in Mario Maker 1.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5272 on: May 15, 2019, 09:03:25 PM »
Saint's Row 3's "day one" patch is out tomorrow.  Supposed to have bug fixes and performance improvements.

Hopefully Mario Maker 2 has as good single player campaigns as the original, which I've still never bought, did. No interest in making levels or playing user levels, just getting it for the official Nintendo campaigns because I heard they were quality in Mario Maker 1.

:mindblown

There's some incredible user-made levels out there that people are still playing and making even now.  Anyway, check out the direct on it.  Shitloads of new content including new levels and item sets based on 3D World...in 2D.  Has co-op and competitive multiplayer, too.

Good example of a creative user-made level:
ど助平

Chooky

« Reply #5273 on: May 15, 2019, 09:35:37 PM »
i never played mario maker but i watch it almost every day on twitch. i have never seen a level that i would consider on par with a regular mario level. there's lots of ok stuff and if you love that kaizo bullshit you'll be set for life, but the basics of a solid platforming level seem to escape 99.99% of level designers.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5274 on: May 15, 2019, 09:37:07 PM »
i never played mario maker but i watch it almost every day on twitch. i have never seen a level that i would consider on par with a regular mario level. there's lots of ok stuff and if you love that kaizo bullshit you'll be set for life, but the basics of a solid platforming level seem to escape 99.99% of level designers.

There's plenty of good platforming levels.  It's almost as if the streamers want to play the crazy kaizo shit for some reason. :thinking
ど助平

filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5275 on: May 16, 2019, 02:40:05 AM »
you can all race to the tip of my goal pole  :smug

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #5276 on: May 17, 2019, 11:23:50 AM »
Man, some Tetris 99 matches are straight up luck based for me, maybe I need to figure out how to game the targeting system more but games I start with 4 people targeting me and Iím like ďwelp Iím fuckedĒ

E: took fourth right after this post, adjusting my targeting strat   :doge
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:32:01 AM by CatsCatsCats »
😽💨

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #5277 on: May 17, 2019, 02:19:44 PM »
The sound effects with gameboy theme :rejoice
😽💨

MMaRsu

« Reply #5278 on: May 17, 2019, 02:38:34 PM »
Did anyone here have this?

I have/had it.. It must be at my parents house because I would never throw it away or sell it

Did anyone here own it and still have it?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5279 on: May 17, 2019, 11:14:48 PM »
The sound effects with gameboy theme :rejoice

Got that theme after playing some matches- was pretty easy to get 100 points.  Really didn't play this very much until the DLC for offline play came out- I'm good with just marathon, but online is pretty fun.  Had the same thing happen where some matches just seemed fucked right off the bat.  :lol
ど助平