Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 933957 times)

Tasty

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #4920 on: May 11, 2019, 06:23:39 PM »
Yo Chromecasts are like $20 with some common deals

Chooky

« Reply #4921 on: May 11, 2019, 06:41:41 PM »
 :wag that's not the same and you know it

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4922 on: May 11, 2019, 07:30:14 PM »

Damn, really?  I got one for $35 the other day while at Best Buy.  Just saw it while in line and figured I'd try one.  Oh well.  :'(

damn thing's been out for two years and it only has hulu. i truly do not understand.

That's not true.  It also has Youtube and NicoNico!  :smug

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:neogaf

Have given up on the Switch getting other streaming services.  It's still dumb as hell that it doesn't have them.  It got a comic reader app before something like Netflix.  OK.  ???
[close]

ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4923 on: May 11, 2019, 09:32:22 PM »

The point isn’t I don’t have access to these things, it’s that I can’t put the game on a switch screen in the bathroom and never miss a minute :doge

Svejk

« Reply #4924 on: May 13, 2019, 03:34:40 PM »
Snap Switch is saved! 

:rejoice

Bebpo

« Reply #4925 on: May 13, 2019, 04:56:43 PM »
Is Smash ever going to go on sale in the digital store or will it stay $60 for the entire life of Switch based on past Smash games?

I've decided to go 100% digital on Switch because sometimes I wanna play a few rounds of smash but I don't want to walk over and put the game in. So I'm gonna double dip for the digital copy but I'd like to get it on a sale since already bought it physical...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4926 on: May 13, 2019, 05:20:52 PM »
Snap Switch is saved! 

I love how the video cuts out just before the player is about to die and the camera glitches out giving everyone a seizure or two.

Sonic Adventure  :rejoice
🤴

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4927 on: May 13, 2019, 08:06:32 PM »
Is Smash ever going to go on sale in the digital store or will it stay $60 for the entire life of Switch based on past Smash games?

I've decided to go 100% digital on Switch because sometimes I wanna play a few rounds of smash but I don't want to walk over and put the game in. So I'm gonna double dip for the digital copy but I'd like to get it on a sale since already bought it physical...

You’ll be waiting a long time if they do it at all

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4928 on: May 13, 2019, 08:41:59 PM »

You'll see the price drop down on the physical copies way before the digital price ever does. 

:dizzy :dead :dizzy
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4929 on: May 13, 2019, 09:49:39 PM »
Isn't that why most people are going all digital these days?

On Switch it's mostly because I do all my switch gaming in bed at night and I like to play 20 mins of this game, 20 mins of that game, a few matches of Tetris 99. Last thing I wanna do is get out of bed and go grab the cart and put it in just to play a few rounds of Smash or one run in classic mode.

On consoles I'm still rocking the physical because if I'm gonna sit down on my gaming tv setup and play a game, I'll probably play for a couple hours and that's the only game I'll play. But I buy all my fighting games on PS4 digital so if people are over and we're flipping through fighters we don't have to be constantly changing discs.

Anyhow, it sounds like Smash ain't gonna go any lower, so I'll just double dip digital and then try to sell the physical. I'm guessing it still goes for pretty decent penny since the game never goes on sale.

Tasty

« Reply #4930 on: May 13, 2019, 11:14:56 PM »
All digital :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4931 on: May 13, 2019, 11:42:51 PM »
Isn't that why most people are going all digital these days?

Because they're lazy?  :thinking  :P 

Convenience is a part of it, sure.  I would assume that and another big reason is to de-clutter and not have more stuff lying around. 

On Switch it's mostly because I do all my switch gaming in bed at night and I like to play 20 mins of this game, 20 mins of that game, a few matches of Tetris 99. Last thing I wanna do is get out of bed and go grab the cart and put it in just to play a few rounds of Smash or one run in classic mode.

So get a little game storage case and put it next to your bed for the carts you already own?

Anyhow, it sounds like Smash ain't gonna go any lower, so I'll just double dip digital and then try to sell the physical. I'm guessing it still goes for pretty decent penny since the game never goes on sale.

Nintendo might be the worst when it comes to digital price drops, but I guess they can get away with it.  There were still some Wii U games that were priced too high on the eShop last time I checked.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #4932 on: May 13, 2019, 11:46:43 PM »
Minimalism :rejoice

Laziness Convenience :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4933 on: May 13, 2019, 11:51:09 PM »
Minimalism :rejoice

Laziness Convenience :rejoice

Resale value :rejoice

Resale value on games that you paid $30 for that now sell for $300+ :phil

But yeah, I dig the convenience of all-digital- it's not like I give a crap about buying physical copies of PC games.  Putting collecting and reselling aside, PS4 is useless for physical releases since you have to full-install all the games.  On Switch there are a lot of games that are either complete on cart or mostly-complete on the cart and it helps to save a lot of space on micro SD cards.  I realize that I'm one of the crazier ones who buys too much shit, however.

Whenever I feel like I'm done with the collecting thing, I will also be going almost all if not completely digital, too.  Might start doing that with the next round of consoles.
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4934 on: May 14, 2019, 02:06:19 AM »
I agree on the convenience, but the price has to be super low or it has to be a game I know will be fresh forever (Civ6, D3).

Otherwise I buy everything physical for that resale value which is especially good with Nintendo games. Like I know that I will bw able yo sell Smash in a few months for close to what I bought it for.

Svejk

« Reply #4935 on: May 14, 2019, 08:29:45 AM »
Whenever I feel like I'm done with the collecting thing, I will also be going almost all if not completely digital, too.  Might start doing that with the next round of consoles.
:comeon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4936 on: May 14, 2019, 08:38:12 AM »
:comeon

"Come on" what?  I've been talking about this for a while now.
:bolo
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #4937 on: May 14, 2019, 08:44:33 AM »
A few years, yeah....

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4938 on: May 14, 2019, 10:15:02 AM »
Whats the point of collecting things?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4939 on: May 14, 2019, 10:51:58 AM »
To fill the void in our souls?
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4940 on: May 14, 2019, 11:40:46 AM »
Because you have nothing else to do?

It's like this guy spends all his time getting stuff, moving it all around, repainting/redoing the rooms, and then moving to bigger and newer houses...and that's it.  :lol

EDIT: Oh, damn.

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

I’m currently spending time with the family and having a break from everything. With the passing of Saber it’s made us realise we need time out.

The last 8 years of Building, renovations, moving house, building, renovations and then finally losing both dogs (family members) within a year of each other has taken its toll on us all.

Since last week I’ve lost the passion for well.. anything. Video games, tv, cars even working so this break is long overdue.

I can’t get on camera and act like everything is ok as that’s not how I work.

I ask you to please hang in there and let me spend time with my family.
Thank you for all the wonderful support.

Then he came back and found out his father is terminally ill.  :(

[close]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 11:46:10 AM by bork »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #4941 on: May 14, 2019, 12:02:03 PM »
 :(
When life slaps you across the face, all that shit is insignificant.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4942 on: May 15, 2019, 12:28:46 PM »
direct today at 3pst  :pimp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4943 on: May 15, 2019, 02:06:35 PM »
direct today at 3pst  :pimp

Mario Maker 2 specifically.
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4944 on: May 15, 2019, 02:10:08 PM »
 :miyamoto

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4945 on: May 15, 2019, 06:18:11 PM »
 :o :o :o

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #4946 on: May 15, 2019, 06:47:51 PM »

:hyper
___

Chooky

« Reply #4947 on: May 15, 2019, 06:53:29 PM »
will enjoy watching it on twitch and never buying it

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4949 on: May 15, 2019, 07:10:20 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4950 on: May 15, 2019, 07:26:36 PM »
It looks and runs great (tried undocked) and I was starting to wonder what a patch was even needed for.

Then I went into a store and A suddenly stopped working, so I couldn't cancel out of the menu.  :lol

Day 1 patch for a port of a game that came out 8 years ago? :lol

:neogaf
It apparently needs another patch. When undocked it's fine, but when docked, the framerate tanks into the single digits.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #4951 on: May 15, 2019, 08:15:34 PM »
I think the day one patch for SR3 actually ended up being delayed a bit. What they're offering for $40 is $15 digitally on PC base price and often goes on sale for like $3.74. :doge It's cool that it's on Switch and I don't have all the DLC for it on 360 so whenever that version drops to $20 I may bite. :-[

SMM2 is going to be insanely huge for them, they've added a lot to what could have just been a straight port and still sold/done well due to having a significantly larger user base than the Weeoo had. Kids could get just that for the year and be more than set gaming wise.
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #4952 on: May 15, 2019, 08:39:45 PM »
Welp, that vouchers thing was the discount I was looking for to double dip on Smash digital. Between using point cards off Amazon for the $100 and getting 5% back there ($5) and the 500 e-shop points you get ($5), it brings it down to $45/game instead of $60, which is alright for stuff Nintendo never puts on sale I guess. Not great deal but better than nothing. Pre-ordered Super Mario Maker 2 & Smash. Hopefully Mario Maker 2 has as good single player campaigns as the original, which I've still never bought, did. No interest in making levels or playing user levels, just getting it for the official Nintendo campaigns because I heard they were quality in Mario Maker 1.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4953 on: May 15, 2019, 09:03:25 PM »
Saint's Row 3's "day one" patch is out tomorrow.  Supposed to have bug fixes and performance improvements.

Hopefully Mario Maker 2 has as good single player campaigns as the original, which I've still never bought, did. No interest in making levels or playing user levels, just getting it for the official Nintendo campaigns because I heard they were quality in Mario Maker 1.

:mindblown

There's some incredible user-made levels out there that people are still playing and making even now.  Anyway, check out the direct on it.  Shitloads of new content including new levels and item sets based on 3D World...in 2D.  Has co-op and competitive multiplayer, too.

Good example of a creative user-made level:
[close]
ど助平

Chooky

« Reply #4954 on: May 15, 2019, 09:35:37 PM »
i never played mario maker but i watch it almost every day on twitch. i have never seen a level that i would consider on par with a regular mario level. there's lots of ok stuff and if you love that kaizo bullshit you'll be set for life, but the basics of a solid platforming level seem to escape 99.99% of level designers.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4955 on: May 15, 2019, 09:37:07 PM »
i never played mario maker but i watch it almost every day on twitch. i have never seen a level that i would consider on par with a regular mario level. there's lots of ok stuff and if you love that kaizo bullshit you'll be set for life, but the basics of a solid platforming level seem to escape 99.99% of level designers.

There's plenty of good platforming levels.  It's almost as if the streamers want to play the crazy kaizo shit for some reason. :thinking
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4956 on: May 16, 2019, 02:40:05 AM »
you can all race to the tip of my goal pole  :smug

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4957 on: May 17, 2019, 11:23:50 AM »
Man, some Tetris 99 matches are straight up luck based for me, maybe I need to figure out how to game the targeting system more but games I start with 4 people targeting me and I’m like “welp I’m fucked”

E: took fourth right after this post, adjusting my targeting strat   :doge
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:32:01 AM by CatsCatsCats »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4958 on: May 17, 2019, 02:19:44 PM »
The sound effects with gameboy theme :rejoice

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #4959 on: May 17, 2019, 02:38:34 PM »
Did anyone here have this?

I have/had it.. It must be at my parents house because I would never throw it away or sell it

Did anyone here own it and still have it?
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4960 on: May 17, 2019, 11:14:48 PM »
The sound effects with gameboy theme :rejoice

Got that theme after playing some matches- was pretty easy to get 100 points.  Really didn't play this very much until the DLC for offline play came out- I'm good with just marathon, but online is pretty fun.  Had the same thing happen where some matches just seemed fucked right off the bat.  :lol
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4961 on: May 18, 2019, 12:11:10 PM »
Trying Paladins a little because switch doesn’t have overwatch, it’s aight, I guess

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4962 on: May 18, 2019, 04:17:29 PM »
Getting a bit more into it, I like Pip

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4963 on: May 19, 2019, 07:32:51 AM »
Margs

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4964 on: May 19, 2019, 04:11:11 PM »
Getting a bit more into it, I like Pip

I thought paladins was cool enough, might install it again. Whos pip again?

Dont even remember why I deleted it. Put like 25 hours into it.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4965 on: May 19, 2019, 05:41:56 PM »
Lil furry healer guy

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4966 on: May 20, 2019, 12:33:14 AM »
I like the tree dude

Tasty

« Reply #4967 on: May 20, 2019, 01:09:18 PM »
https://gonintendo.com/stories/335711-resident-evil-4-on-switch-doesn-t-include-motion-controls

Wasn't going to use them unless they replicated Wii Edition's control scheme exactly (or allowed you to), so I've been expecting to just use the Protroller, but yeah... Would have been a fun bit of nostalgia to pretend the Joycons were a Wiimote and it was 2007 again.

benjipwns

« Reply #4968 on: May 21, 2019, 05:54:32 AM »
I followed up out of curiosity, apparently the Saints Row patch has upgraded it to perform closer to PS3 standards :success

lol

Tasty

« Reply #4969 on: May 21, 2019, 08:42:20 AM »
RE4 Switch is out and OK. Some slowdown and popup for a 14 year old game. :doge

I mean I'm glad it's out but really why did it take so long if they weren't going to do anything, and then charge $40... bleh...

Svejk

« Reply #4970 on: May 21, 2019, 08:47:11 AM »
Struggling last gen Switch ports    :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #4971 on: May 21, 2019, 08:51:52 AM »
Would have been funnier if it was the first RE4 PC version that they ported.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4972 on: May 21, 2019, 08:57:17 AM »
I followed up out of curiosity, apparently the Saints Row patch has upgraded it to perform closer to PS3 standards :success

lol

They shined that shit up for the Cell.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4973 on: May 21, 2019, 09:24:41 AM »

I mean I'm glad it's out but really why did it take so long if they weren't going to do anything, and then charge $40... bleh...

I thought it was $20?  ???

EDIT: Holy shit, it's $30?  Are you kidding me, Capcom?  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4974 on: May 21, 2019, 09:26:45 AM »

lol

It's a weird patch- improves some things, but makes other stuff noticeably worse.  They should probably make the resolution 720P docked...might help things.

The game is still just as awesome as it ever was regardless of its flaws. :pimp
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4975 on: May 21, 2019, 09:28:25 AM »
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Deluxe Edition is also out on Switch this week...in Europe.  No release for 'Murica?  At least not a physical one.  Gonna import.

Another one of those Atelier games also is out today.  WTF?  I swear one of them just came out like a month ago.  :lol
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4976 on: May 21, 2019, 09:30:12 AM »
Another one of those Atelier games also is out today.  WTF?  I swear one of them just came out like a month ago.  :lol

The one that came out earlier in the year was a spinoff, this one is the most recent mainline entry.
dog

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4977 on: May 21, 2019, 12:01:50 PM »
I bought Okami HD for $15 cuz I ain’t ever played that game, okay so far

Tasty

« Reply #4978 on: May 21, 2019, 12:06:45 PM »

I thought it was $20?  ???

EDIT: Holy shit, it's $30?  Are you kidding me, Capcom?  :lol

This is even lower effort than USF2. :doge

Tasty

« Reply #4979 on: May 21, 2019, 12:07:15 PM »
I bought Okami HD for $15 cuz I ain’t ever played that game, okay so far

Congrats. See you in a few years when you finally beat it. :lol