Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1413334 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #12900 on: January 11, 2020, 10:37:31 AM »
Ok I went to buy some weed and she said she wanted to come by tomorrow around 17.30

???

We'll see but I could be in fellas
What

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12901 on: January 11, 2020, 10:39:07 AM »
Ok I went to buy some weed and she said she wanted to come by tomorrow around 17.30

???

We'll see but I could be in fellas

No choke, no fist bump in the first 5mn and that should be a date.
ὕβρις

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12902 on: January 11, 2020, 10:46:45 AM »
Ok shit since rioutous spent all that typing on the last page Ill type what I was typing before I deleted it

Ok so today I was feeling good after having done my morning excercise and since she didnt respond anything about what I asked her earlier, yeah I was feeling like I'll just try to actually get something going or not lol. So I didn't read rioutous post before just now, so I did actually sent her "Hey *name* ^_^ Wanna hang out this weekend or next week?

Then I cleaned my appartment and went to the city to buy groceries and weed. Still gonna go to that shop, since it has the best weed so fuck it I thought if she's working I'll just get the weed and don't say anything about all this hanging out stuff. Since I think rioutous also said that it might feel as pressure to her. So I walked in the shop and I was third in line, she was actually working. I thought damn but kept thinking ok just get the weed don't say a thing else. But she spotted me and gave me the ol headnod, so I felt less awkward.

When it was my turn, she started talking "yeah I saw your msg but didn't have time to respond yet, I gotta work this weekend but I can come by tomorrow around 17.15/17.30? I said yeah sure that works. In my mind I was thinking whuut? She then said she'd text me for what the adress was, and I said ok yeah then I'll see you tomorrow then (or something to that effect, I was ofcourse high when I went to the city). So then I ordered my weed, complimented her on her hoodie which had a cool text on it, she said she got it from her mom for christmas and that she didnt expect it to get it from her mom because she's all decent (the hoodyhad some crazy text on it about her having tourrettes motherfucker). I said well she just knew this was perfect for you, she said something like yuup. Ok then I paid for the weed, we pumped fists, then I left? She said allright by and later or something to that effect.

So if she actually comes by that would be crazy. I didn't start this convo again and she didn't seem nervous or awkward but who knows. VomKriege ofcourse we bumped fists we always do that :'). I mean might not be a date but who the fuck knows.

Maybe I should just sent her a message with my adress and like see you tommorrow then

?
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12903 on: January 11, 2020, 12:17:05 PM »
Agreed lol we'll see what happens maybe she never shows up wouldnt surprise me neither. Her showing up would be lol as well

ill just text the adress tomorrow? or today.. hmm 🤣🤷🏼‍♂️
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 01:19:45 PM by MMaRsu »
What

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #12904 on: January 11, 2020, 02:01:33 PM »
The Increasingly Bad Decisions of a Bud Tender

her being too busy to respond to a simple text over this amount of time is obviously a lie BUT you may as well play text chicken with her and see who swerves first lmao
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 02:25:44 PM by BlueTsunami »
:9

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12905 on: January 11, 2020, 03:45:16 PM »
let her text you asking for the address first  ;) if she never does, oh well  8)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #12906 on: January 11, 2020, 03:48:03 PM »
Women.

Can't live with them, can't live without them.

Am I right boys?
:O

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #12907 on: January 11, 2020, 04:09:39 PM »
she v likely forgot to respond not because the text was really bad or anything it was just nothing of importance. random nicety. I forget to respond to messages all the time, especially when it's just stuff like eeeyyy bro :fistbump hope work's good. or some such. then I feel like a dick when I do remember, but it's been a while and I might just double down on nt responding like eh I fuckd that up oh well.

was at a party a few months back and this v cute girl called Sequoia (lol) hit me up about how I stood her up for a date/never messaged back after I got her number when she worked at this sushi restaurant 5 YEARS ago. these sorts of things can weigh on ppls minds eh. I legit just didn't remember even hitting her up! think I was smoking a lot of weed at the time and was generally an anxious mess when not drinking. it was really cute she remembered so well. if I wasn't with a date I would've loved to make it up to her  :-[

◕‿◕

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #12908 on: January 12, 2020, 03:40:51 AM »
How do I work up the courage to meet up with someone from Tinder to suck some D while sober?

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #12909 on: January 12, 2020, 04:04:34 AM »
If you don't feel safe, trust your instincts. But if you're afraid of being judged for hooking up or something, the other person is doing the exact same thing. You don't have to tell the more traditional people in your social circle about it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12910 on: January 12, 2020, 06:51:06 AM »
Not responding is lol though
The general lack of action on her part might have something to do with her work of selling weed and being around drugs all day  :thinking
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12911 on: January 12, 2020, 11:04:28 AM »
How do I work up the courage to meet up with someone from Tinder to suck some D while sober?
ask them not to drink or do any drugs before you meet

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #12912 on: January 12, 2020, 11:12:41 AM »
Lasgo and Ian Van Dahl were GOAT

They were both Belgian though, not Dutch

:expert
^_^

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12913 on: January 12, 2020, 11:47:35 AM »
Allright well I did send my adress, however its 17.46 and no sign of her 🤷🏼‍♂️. Just gonna assume she aint coming. Lol why make up this story if she has no intentions of hanging out? Oh well 😂.

What

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #12914 on: January 12, 2020, 12:50:12 PM »
Maybe she's busy sucking another client's cock, give her a minute for fuck's sake.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12915 on: January 12, 2020, 01:51:18 PM »
Allright well I did send my adress, however its 17.46 and no sign of her 🤷🏼‍♂️. Just gonna assume she aint coming. Lol why make up this story if she has no intentions of hanging out? Oh well 😂.
she's trying to work up the courage to suck you off while sober  :doge

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #12916 on: January 12, 2020, 01:55:57 PM »

I think riotous already pointed it out but people will go to such lengths to not have to reject someone. The initial no text response should have been enough but her literally saying she'll come hang in person was a curve ball. Now it's time to put this arch to rest. Unless you go back to buy some more weed and she ups the ante by saying she will suck your dick just text her the time (to which she'll never respond).

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12917 on: January 12, 2020, 01:58:59 PM »
try calling the number and begging her to hangout  :gamer

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12918 on: January 12, 2020, 02:00:43 PM »
she'll hit you up if she's bored enough and chad is busy with one of his other girls  8)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12919 on: January 12, 2020, 07:30:10 PM »
Got a new photo of me which is somewhat decent (taken in the wild, by a third party). Didn't really move the needle on OKCupid but on Tinder it seems I have slightly more returns. Still waiting on a decent chat to start but heh.
:yeshrug
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 08:45:22 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #12920 on: January 12, 2020, 08:23:51 PM »
So uh, I haven't posted but my ex texted me this past week. She wanted to know if I had started my new job (I start tomorrow). We caught up a bit about how sick her and the other 2 people who were with us on New Year's got and how I avoided it (raw oysters). We've texted a little each day since then, I've been showing her the progress I made on repainting the living room and she's been telling me about how her work is going. I don't really know what this means other than she doesn't hate me as much as I thought she might. Today we both talked about how all we have to do today is chore's and part of me wonders if that was an opening to ask her out, even if just for coffee? I dunno, I'm sure you guys will say to stop and run away or something.
NO

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #12921 on: January 12, 2020, 08:27:52 PM »
It means neither of you two can muster the courage to move on and she's stuck in the emotional routine of talking to you when she's lonely. There's no way of knowing if she's reconsidering breaking up with you - she very well could still be dead set on it. Either way your best move here is to talk to her intermittently, give it a little time, and keep doing positive things with your life.

Be better than the person she broke up with. You'll win however which way this plays out.
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12922 on: January 12, 2020, 08:33:46 PM »
It's not necessarily a sign you'll patch things up though it's possible. You should be able to have The Talk™* about what happened and your feelings moving forward.

* It doesn't sound like you had it yet.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 08:45:02 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

naff

« Reply #12923 on: January 12, 2020, 08:35:27 PM »
if you still like her, why not? these guys have no idea what's going on really.
◕‿◕

bluemax

« Reply #12924 on: January 12, 2020, 08:51:08 PM »
It's not necessarily a sign you'll patch things up though it's possible. You should be able to have The Talk™* about what happened and your feelings moving forward.

We have not. It does feel like it needs to happen.

I have gotten through the wallowing phase, and have been able to get back to relatively normal. I think I told my therapist that I feel like I'm about back to where I was emotionally before I met this girl. Maybe a bit better in some ways I guess.
NO

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #12925 on: January 12, 2020, 10:28:02 PM »
It's great that you both can and will most likely make peace with what happened. You'll be able to move on with a clear mind and take away something to learn or keep with you.

From experience, getting ghosted by someone where there was an intense emotional and romantic relationship is something that sticks with you. Not being able to make peace or get answers, it's much harder to move on.

I tend to be into suicidal, broken and unchanging women. So the question that's on my mind is typically "did this girl off herself yet?"

OH!

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #12926 on: January 12, 2020, 11:32:02 PM »
In my last relationship (2 years) she cancelled a date after a cooling off period, ghosted me, then contacted me 6 months later on Thanksgiving. Then again on Christmas. I was cordial in both (mostly superficial) interactions but left the ball in her court with bridging the gap she'd dug between us. Spoilers: she didn't and I moved on with my life. People have their own motivations and that's none of my business.

To parlay this anecdote into thread advice: MM, stop Atra posting. Max, you're probably on the hot seat for bridging the gap in your "it's complicated" situation.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #12927 on: January 12, 2020, 11:57:07 PM »
With all do respect to Kara, a valuable member of our community, please keep atra posting. We’re more than a third of the way through January and no good storylines have emerged yet. You’re what we’ve got, MM. You have to deliver. I want someone in therapy because of you, real soon.
serge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #12928 on: January 13, 2020, 12:52:14 AM »
I’m heating a storyline up, but I’m not sure how to frame it yet, will report back when it’s good content

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #12929 on: January 13, 2020, 12:56:41 AM »
Nice. I hope you’ve already gone through your target’s trash to learn the things they’re hiding from you.
serge

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #12930 on: January 13, 2020, 01:18:53 AM »

I have gotten through the wallowing phase, and have been able to get back to relatively normal. I think I told my therapist that I feel like I'm about back to where I was emotionally before I met this girl. Maybe a bit better in some ways I guess.

https://www.ted.com/talks/hannah_fry_the_mathematics_of_love/transcript?language=en

I was listening to the speaker in the above TED talk and her summary was that the couples that stay together long-term are the ones where both people actually acknowledge their problems and try to fix them. Basically, the generic relationship advice that people give to forgive-and-forget, compromise, etc is all fucking wrong. That leads to the inherent problem never being laid to rest.

You can try work with her on the issues you two have but if it's one-sided, then there's no sustainable relationship.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12931 on: January 13, 2020, 05:37:39 AM »
Wait.. why did she send me a fb friend request 😂🤷🏼‍♂️

Or did I mess up and did she say next sunday? Since she did say she was working this weekend? Nahh that would be crazy right? L. o fucking L
What

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12932 on: January 13, 2020, 06:18:49 AM »
Wait.. why did she send me a fb friend request 😂🤷🏼‍♂️

Or did I mess up and did she say next sunday? Since she did say she was working this weekend? Nahh that would be crazy right? L. o fucking L

Accepting her would be a good reason to exchange a couple messages.
 :yeshrug
Though FB requests at that point having any romantic subtext seems iffy to me. May be talking out of my arse here but, if I may say so, that's more throwing a bone to signal you're in the "acquaintance-zone". If I'm into someone, my priority would be to hang with them rather than adding them to my network.

I dunno man. Sounds like she's flaking but she did give her number ? Though I guess I can't gauge how insistent she felt your were for that.
ὕβρις

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12933 on: January 13, 2020, 06:44:05 AM »
I wasn't that insistent, I barely said a word because I was actually a bit flabbergasted she gave me her phone nr, then told me later she'd come and hang out. But yeah maybe I got my dates mixed up? She did mention her having to work this weekend.. but I clearly remember her saying I can come by on sunday. So uhh yeah I dunno.

Either way I wouldn't mind it if she just actually wants to hang out, even as friends I think that would be cool. She seems like a nice girl anyway. I don't have enough female friends in my life so I wouldn't be negative towards just chilling.

All I can say is I'll just accept her friend request.. not say anything  :lol and let it ride. If nothing comes of out of it that's fine too.
What

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #12934 on: January 13, 2020, 07:12:22 AM »
I wasn't that insistent, I barely said a word because I was actually a bit flabbergasted she gave me her phone nr, then told me later she'd come and hang out. But yeah maybe I got my dates mixed up? She did mention her having to work this weekend.. but I clearly remember her saying I can come by on sunday. So uhh yeah I dunno.

Either way I wouldn't mind it if she just actually wants to hang out, even as friends I think that would be cool. She seems like a nice girl anyway. I don't have enough female friends in my life so I wouldn't be negative towards just chilling.

All I can say is I'll just accept her friend request.. not say anything  :lol and let it ride. If nothing comes of out of it that's fine too.

Just send a bro fist gif on FB. Ya gotta do it man. Sounds like you fucked up your dates, and if she sent you an FB request she at least would like to be friends, or wants to stalk the shit out of you.
But good luck dude, I would send a text to say hey we still on for x date and time just to confirm it maybe?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #12935 on: January 13, 2020, 07:36:03 AM »
YOu need to move past fistbumps and go for chokeslams already.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #12936 on: January 13, 2020, 07:57:24 AM »
At least, if it ever comes to choking, you'll have a very real place of frustration to draw from

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12937 on: January 13, 2020, 08:08:36 AM »
This isnt frustrating to me  ???

I think ill go with Ghouls advice, just send a txt like that somewhere in the week or something
What

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12938 on: January 13, 2020, 08:45:00 AM »
you'll be subscribed to her onlyfans soon  ;)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12939 on: January 13, 2020, 12:25:15 PM »
lol whats with the salt I have nothing riding on this, I thinks she's a chill girl and would like to hang out with her. Fucking is a plus but if not its not like im head over heels for this chick. I barely know her man idgaf if nothing comes of it

Also, Ive not hung out much with weed smoking chicks. I did but that was before I really smoked myself.. so even if nothing comes of it no hanging out idgaf but at least it would be nice
What

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #12940 on: January 13, 2020, 12:25:37 PM »
Weed shop? This entire time I assumed it was a Gamestop and amiibo were involved
:O

naff

« Reply #12941 on: January 13, 2020, 04:27:25 PM »
it's sad watching glen tryna be a judgemental troll when they're renown as one of the biggest chumps on the forum
◕‿◕

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12942 on: January 13, 2020, 04:28:30 PM »
he's been liking my posts  :success

shosta

« Reply #12943 on: January 13, 2020, 05:03:13 PM »
ay dawg don't talk about my homie brudda mmarsu like dat he's cool homie he juss wants to be chillin like a villain at his pad dawg
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #12944 on: January 13, 2020, 05:10:26 PM »
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12945 on: January 13, 2020, 05:27:58 PM »
lol at adult personality being attractive to women  :neogaf

naff

« Reply #12946 on: January 13, 2020, 05:58:25 PM »
I'm many things, but a chump isn't one of them

:lol ok

the woman i posted about a while ago here is leaving melbourne to live with me. spent the xmas holidays together and she decided she'd rather be here than aus rn. i'm currently "long term housesitting" at a friends apartment he's doing some reno's on and helping out a bit while i look for a place to buy. some p scary and exciting developments brewing in 2020.
◕‿◕

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #12947 on: January 13, 2020, 06:07:22 PM »
I'm many things, but a chump isn't one of them

:lol ok

the woman i posted about a while ago here is leaving melbourne to live with me. spent the xmas holidays together and she decided she'd rather be here than aus rn. i'm currently "long term housesitting" at a friends apartment he's doing some reno's on and helping out a bit while i look for a place to buy. some p scary and exciting developments brewing in 2020.

strayan women
 :respect

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12948 on: January 13, 2020, 06:47:55 PM »
Wow you're being harsh on MMarsu you all :lol

I'm half drunk so my opinion has even less value than usual but while it's true that MMarsu might be a little too optimistic on his prospects, it's not incorrect that you miss every shot you don't take. Not unlike riotous, I've long disabused myself of reading too much  into a service industry worker being pleasant and likewise with 213372bu I agree that there's a gulf between a coworker appreciating your company and some actual attraction...

Honestly, this particular story with weed shop lady doesn't deserve the dragging he's getting even if I understand why it's colored by some of the earlier ones. As far as I can tell, mixed signals might be all on her here.
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #12949 on: January 13, 2020, 06:47:56 PM »
the woman i posted about a while ago here is leaving melbourne to live with me. spent the xmas holidays together and she decided she'd rather be here than aus rn.

I'm glad the fires helped someone I guess..

naff

« Reply #12950 on: January 13, 2020, 06:59:03 PM »
the woman i posted about a while ago here is leaving melbourne to live with me. spent the xmas holidays together and she decided she'd rather be here than aus rn.

I'm glad the fires helped someone I guess..

ah yes, shout outs to bdoughty, his terrorist arson organisation and the south yarra firehawks.
◕‿◕

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #12951 on: January 13, 2020, 07:06:20 PM »
neither him nor toxicadam are strayan nor is it likely that they even have any connection with the country so lets largely thx google and trump's social media feed for training such well-informed warriors. bless up

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12952 on: January 13, 2020, 07:42:18 PM »
A women from Austin swiped me right :lol
Guess all that Alex Jones knowledge might come in handy...
Who knows she might be in Paris looking for her Pépé le Moko Pew ?

Tinder  :whatsthedeal

Tomorrow morning most probably : "She unmatched."
ὕβρις

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #12953 on: January 13, 2020, 08:38:56 PM »
So is this game any good? I keep seeing the thread get bumped, and some cool people post in it. Not trying to spend a bunch of money on anything though. Any way to try it out casually for free or almost free?

Great news, Glen! Magic: the Gathering is free to play on Arena now!

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #12954 on: January 13, 2020, 08:41:31 PM »
So is this game any good? I keep seeing the thread get bumped, and some cool people post in it. Not trying to spend a bunch of money on anything though. Any way to try it out casually for free or almost free?

Great news, Glen! Magic: the Gathering is free to play on Arena now!

Sorry, over the following 18 months it became pretty clear that it's mostly chumps who play it.

Well then there is a nice and warm seat waiting for you then

Bebpo

« Reply #12955 on: January 13, 2020, 10:49:54 PM »
I wonder if there's a thing called Dater's block like Writer's block. I know I need to get back to dating and message people and/or probably re-write my profile but I just stare at the screen and want to do something else like I gotta write an essay for school.

bluemax

« Reply #12956 on: January 14, 2020, 12:35:31 AM »

https://www.ted.com/talks/hannah_fry_the_mathematics_of_love/transcript?language=en

I was listening to the speaker in the above TED talk and her summary was that the couples that stay together long-term are the ones where both people actually acknowledge their problems and try to fix them. Basically, the generic relationship advice that people give to forgive-and-forget, compromise, etc is all fucking wrong. That leads to the inherent problem never being laid to rest.

You can try work with her on the issues you two have but if it's one-sided, then there's no sustainable relationship.

Interesting, thanks. I certainly acknowledge my faults and am working on them with or without her.
NO

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #12957 on: January 14, 2020, 05:45:36 AM »
Why do guys insist on a Snapchat add “to chat easier” and then they send a pic of a wall with 1 word, and don’t seem interested in actual conversation? I’m not much or a talker myself, but I don’t understand how I’m supposed to get to know someone from a Snapchat saying “sleepy”.

Idk, just seems like they wanna store grills on their SC?

samir

« Reply #12958 on: January 14, 2020, 05:55:31 AM »
They want you to send pics of bobs and vagene

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12959 on: January 14, 2020, 06:03:29 AM »
Why do guys insist on a Snapchat add “to chat easier” and then they send a pic of a wall with 1 word, and don’t seem interested in actual conversation? I’m not much or a talker myself, but I don’t understand how I’m supposed to get to know someone from a Snapchat saying “sleepy”.

Idk, just seems like they wanna store grills on their SC?

We can't say "what's up ?" or "sleepy" what do you women want from us ?
 :stop

Chatting etiquette and (lack of) motivation around dating apps is Escherian to me. Sounds like they are sleepwalking the process and, maybe, at some point start to discuss ? Or dick pics ? But what the fuck do I know.

Tomorrow morning most probably : "She unmatched."

Narrator : "She did."
ὕβρις