Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1411710 times)

Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #13380 on: February 25, 2020, 10:14:39 PM »
I was likely an awkward mopey dude in college who struggled with confidence around girls. I feel your pain, but am very glad to have “boring dad family life.”
野球

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13381 on: February 26, 2020, 05:54:09 AM »
I'm sure it's not so bad really. I'm not the most handsome dude and I'd probably get more interactions if I had better photos. That's not to invalidate the criticism.
ὕβρις

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #13382 on: February 26, 2020, 08:25:37 AM »
Good luck on the next chapter, JDubs

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #13383 on: February 26, 2020, 09:25:43 AM »

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #13384 on: February 26, 2020, 10:32:04 AM »
Whatever comfort you gain via marriage you more than lose in not experiencing that dopamine high of when a new girl puts her hand down your pants for the first time or lights up your cell phone at 2am because she needs you.

Every choice we make has downsides. It's all trade-offs.

Marriage can be great, but the odds are heavily stacked against it working out for both partners. Selling your experience as the norm does a great disservice to people who haven't experienced it.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #13385 on: February 26, 2020, 10:46:02 AM »
bless wherever you are and do your best my dudes

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #13386 on: February 26, 2020, 11:05:36 AM »
Got an apartment, got a move in date, got my brothers helping to move, got a tentative custody plan, tentative division of property plan, got a girl who likes me who I like back as determined a few months ago and we haven’t done anything about that yet but once I move out that’s the plan and I’m very excited about that.

Thanks to anyone who was supportive before, “bless up,” as you say. 

To the people who used my wife’s deteriorating mental / physical health and subsequent neglect and abusive bullshit as an excuse to demean me as a man and human being over previous petty political disagreement (this means you, Mandark), burn in fucking hell, you’re still subhuman trash and I wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire.  No excuse for that behavior, never.

Spicy lore here. Glad you're in a better place now though!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #13387 on: February 26, 2020, 11:15:07 AM »
I don't recall anyone talking about JayDubya's wife/relationships, but I also don't post in politics thread to be aware of such

Good luck on your new direction JD
fat

« Reply #13388 on: February 26, 2020, 11:16:05 AM »
I don't recall anyone talking about JayDubya's wife/relationships, but I also don't post in politics thread to be aware of such

I’m just as confused right now.

Hope everything ends up ok for you and your kids, man.
野球

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #13389 on: February 26, 2020, 11:22:02 AM »

IIRC, Mandark said "fuck Bush Jr" and it just so happens that "Bush Jr." was JayDubya's wife's petname.

Just a hilarious misunderstanding
:O

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #13390 on: February 26, 2020, 11:30:01 AM »
Go gloat in another thread you fucks

I could post some positive things but that would just ruin the "doom and gloom" vibe this thread has going for it.

james

« Reply #13391 on: February 26, 2020, 11:40:35 AM »
Go gloat in another thread you fucks

I could post some positive things but that would just ruin the "doom and gloom" vibe this thread has going for it.

Nah, personal victories are great.

"Lol I have been married for 40 years to a gorgeous wife who wakes me up with a bj every morning" is not helpful

I know because I met my wife online a decade ago lol

Was it on NeoGAF?

james

« Reply #13392 on: February 26, 2020, 12:02:24 PM »
I’m just as confused right now.

Hope everything ends up ok for you and your kids, man.

I appreciate it.  I'm just salty because so often I was in such a bad place and I cared more than I should have about the trolling because nothing else was going right and trying to make things work was so miserably frustrating for so long.  I wasn't going to end it ultimately because of kiddo, I couldn't do that to her, but I so often wanted to so badly.

Part of it is just like... people dump their personal shit here, I figured why the hell not, and then just like my sense of justice and fair play was pushed to 11 when that got thrown in my face randomly; figured that would be offbounds as a reply for just disagreeing on something else, but some folks don't have bounds and that's what an ignore list is for.  Trying to just chill and let it go, like letting go of all the other bullshit from the current doomed marriage.  Part of that is venting, though.

I fully agree that this place should be a safe space. When I was in a happy relationship, I never posted here because it wasn't my place.

That being said, I have a feeling if I dug around, i'd find a post where you complain about safe spaces.

« Reply #13393 on: February 26, 2020, 12:04:22 PM »
JD, you often come off as really vindictive and lacking in empathy for anyone that isn't like you. You also give off this "everything is a debate that I must win with my mental superiority" mentality which makes it really hard for people to want to interact with you civilly.

I'm sorry you're going through rough shit and I hope you find peace with everything.
野球

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #13394 on: February 26, 2020, 12:06:50 PM »
Y’all speaking on shit you don’t know. JDubs reached for empathy for once and got slapped for it. Contentious as he is, all posters seeking earnest empathy should have a chance in this thread if no where else on this board.

And yes, it is blatantly low to bring up anything from this thread in another as an attack. Be best

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #13395 on: February 26, 2020, 12:10:46 PM »
Y’all speaking on shit you don’t know.

Everyone here agrees though..

NOT NOW, FIGHT ME

Ghoul

« Reply #13396 on: February 26, 2020, 12:12:50 PM »
Y’all speaking on shit you don’t know.

Everyone here agrees though..

NOT NOW, FIGHT ME

Did you sing the song at Karaoke? If not :( Why?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13397 on: February 26, 2020, 12:13:37 PM »
Dude, JayDub, having been there, I know brother that it sucks. One thing to remember though that the reason divorce is so expensive is that it's worth it!
que

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #13398 on: February 26, 2020, 12:13:40 PM »
No. Because I cancelled

Ghoul

« Reply #13399 on: February 26, 2020, 12:14:22 PM »
No. Because I cancelled

What did you do instead? Dive bar drinks?

« Reply #13400 on: February 26, 2020, 12:51:42 PM »
Have you thought about going to see a therapist? Maybe you already have done so, but I could see that being really damn helpful for you.
野球

« Reply #13401 on: February 26, 2020, 12:57:58 PM »
Have you thought about going to see a therapist? Maybe you already have done so, but I could see that being really damn helpful for you.

This is too open even for me trying to be open.  I, uh.  Well, yes, a while ago.  Things were fine while marriage was fine.  So much anxiety and irritability and sadness just melted away for like, the better part of a decade and a half.  The other half, well, it's the downhill trajectory which ends like this.

Maybe go again? You're dealing with a lot of change and upheaval at the moment. I see a therapist once or twice a month, there's no shame in it. Shit, I've got an appointment with him in an hour actually. I've dealt with a lot of change in the last few years with a move into a new career field and all my heart stuff (open heart surgery in 2017, and again next month) which has really helped with my feelings of anxiety and frustration.

I'm not talking about medication, I'm just talking about talking to someone who can help you work through this stuff in a much more professional and cathartic way than a bunch of dudes on a tiny message board.
野球

james

« Reply #13402 on: February 26, 2020, 01:00:13 PM »

« Reply #13403 on: February 26, 2020, 01:04:55 PM »
I'm not as bad as my dad about this, but yeah I tend to be averse to doctors and taking care of shit.  I've gone to a bunch over the last year to try and get my shit together and followup on things that started years ago.

If I end up feeling like I need to I will.  I know how I get though - in a happy, secure relationship all of those things are completely out of mind.

As a recovering mental health professional, just let me say this and I'll leave you be: completely out of mind doesn't mean they're solved. You need to be happy on your own before you can be happy with someone else or make them happy. Be safe and take care of yourself.
野球

james

« Reply #13404 on: February 26, 2020, 01:33:16 PM »
Waiting for my food and the bro cashier is flirting with the two girls that were in line after me

'so you go to local college?'
'I'm in 9th grade'

:jared

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13405 on: February 26, 2020, 02:39:11 PM »
mandark really was a coward :trumps

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #13406 on: February 26, 2020, 02:40:57 PM »
Waiting for my food and the bro cashier is flirting with the two girls that were in line after me

'I'm in 9th grade'

Oh yeah, the "cashier" was.

James' version of "no I'm not smoking, just holding it for a friend who went to the bathroom" ladies and gents.

james

« Reply #13407 on: February 26, 2020, 02:43:47 PM »

'I'm in 9th grade'

Oh yeah, the "cashier" was.

James' version of "no I'm not smoking, just holding it for a friend who went to the bathroom" ladies and gents.

I dont talk to strangers

:karen

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #13408 on: February 26, 2020, 03:03:30 PM »
Got an apartment, got a move in date, got my brothers helping to move, got a tentative custody plan, tentative division of property plan, got a girl who likes me who I like back as determined a few months ago and we haven’t done anything about that yet but once I move out that’s the plan and I’m very excited about that.

Thanks to anyone who was supportive before, “bless up,” as you say. 

To the people who used my wife’s deteriorating mental / physical health and subsequent neglect and abusive bullshit as an excuse to demean me as a man and human being over previous petty political disagreement (this means you, Mandark), burn in fucking hell, you’re still subhuman trash and I wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire.  No excuse for that behavior, never.

:holeup

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13409 on: February 26, 2020, 05:43:00 PM »
I had that nice coworker make me a short visit of her department (it's locked and I never got to visit it in 3 years), and we chatted a bit about work. Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register. She's a treat to talk with because she's super social and always smiling, so I can't really take that as a sign of anything.

It's kinda hard to work an angle but maybe it will present itself.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 02:59:13 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #13410 on: February 26, 2020, 07:09:01 PM »
Kind of in love with this girl who shows up occasionally to my parents' church, where I've been playing music every Sunday despite not being particularly religious. But she lives 35 miles away in Orange County. Fucking why.

She's going to some kind of punk-goth music show the Saturday after next at a venue super close to me. Tix are sold out except for VIP for $100. I'm thinking I'll get one and then pretend I was able to find a GA ticket on Craigslist or whatever. Kind of a strong move, except that she encouraged me to go, and I was also able to get her number super easily. I also get kind of an interested vibe from her. Maybe. Like 60%.

A couple years ago I got rejected hard when my estimate of interest vibe percentage was over 90%, so I'll be super chill. Friendship is a perfectly fine outcome here.
Is 35 miles a deal breaker? In Houston it seems like everything is at least 35 miles away. Hell, my job is 53 miles away.

bluemax

« Reply #13411 on: February 26, 2020, 10:00:01 PM »
Online dating has changed a lot over the last 10 years, but given that a few months ago I found someone that I fell intensely in love with, I believe that it isn't impossible. It just makes you aware of how many other people there are looking and when you go a long time between meeting someone it can develop a certain amount of drudgery or tedium.
NO

bluemax

« Reply #13412 on: February 26, 2020, 11:33:23 PM »
Tinder seems to be fucking up or something tonight, lots of profiles with the pictures not showing and not all of them look like bot profiles.

Whatever, probably about to delete all the apps for a bit. I de-activated my OKC account for now and removed the app. While I'm improved from where I was emotionally last month, I know I'm still not clear in the head enough to really put the right effort into this, at least not on the apps where in theory you do more than swipe.
NO

Oblivion

« Reply #13413 on: February 27, 2020, 08:17:09 PM »
where TF is the Oblivion update btw, it's been too long. I want to hear how his date to the sonic movie went on valentines day.

And how this bitch wanted sex over watching my hero academia :D

Well I cursed this top of the page, you're welcome.

sorry for the late response. but to answer your question, the harlot was out of town that weekend to "attend her best friend's wedding"  ::)

but seriously though. good news and bad news. the good news is, we are still after all these months "officially" together. however, i use that word in quotes because the bad news is that she found out her dad has cancer. just found that out recently. as you can imagine, it hasn't been easy to handle. she's been like this for a while now, where her texts have become super spotty and rare (there was like a whole week straight where she would only text once per day and that was it), which i thought was because of me, but now it makes a helluva lot more sense.

the coming weeks/months are gonna be really brutal i reckon. i hope that everything turns out well, but according to her, the prognosis isn't good.

Ghoul

« Reply #13414 on: February 28, 2020, 02:39:38 AM »
where TF is the Oblivion update btw, it's been too long. I want to hear how his date to the sonic movie went on valentines day.

And how this bitch wanted sex over watching my hero academia :D

Well I cursed this top of the page, you're welcome.

sorry for the late response. but to answer your question, the harlot was out of town that weekend to "attend her best friend's wedding"  ::)

but seriously though. good news and bad news. the good news is, we are still after all these months "officially" together. however, i use that word in quotes because the bad news is that she found out her dad has cancer. just found that out recently. as you can imagine, it hasn't been easy to handle. she's been like this for a while now, where her texts have become super spotty and rare (there was like a whole week straight where she would only text once per day and that was it), which i thought was because of me, but now it makes a helluva lot more sense.

the coming weeks/months are gonna be really brutal i reckon. i hope that everything turns out well, but according to her, the prognosis isn't good.

This was not the fun update I had imagined, you just gotta be there for her really, that’s all you can do.
Sorry to hear you’re both going through it though it’s gonna be a rough time.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #13415 on: February 28, 2020, 02:39:46 PM »
Kind of in love with this girl who shows up occasionally to my parents' church, where I've been playing music every Sunday

she lives 35 miles away in Orange County.

She's going to some kind of punk-goth music show  Kind of a strong move, except that she encouraged me to go, and I was also able to get her number super easily.

xtian pop punk bb sounds hot

I'm imagining like jenna mcdougall wearing a tartan skirt and docs at Sunday service listening to you play an acoustic cover of wonderwall getting hot n sweaty.

:shh :heartbeat

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 02:44:45 PM by naff »
◕‿◕

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13416 on: February 28, 2020, 07:20:29 PM »
Outside circumstances cut me short with hot coworker. To be continued in two weeks (?)
I'd say there's a 75% chance she's in a relation already but I'll guess I'll find out at some point if this goes alongside this path.

In hindsight missed a couple opportunities to steer the discussion from shop talk.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 07:58:23 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13417 on: February 29, 2020, 07:11:34 AM »
Get a match -> send a polite message with a question -> no response -> getting unmatched.

:yeshrug
ὕβρις

james

« Reply #13418 on: February 29, 2020, 02:38:58 PM »
Guess who got a goodnight hug last night

:rash

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13419 on: February 29, 2020, 02:40:02 PM »
 :drool :shaq

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13420 on: February 29, 2020, 03:18:08 PM »
Outside circumstances cut me short with hot coworker. To be continued in two weeks (?)
I'd say there's a 75% chance she's in a relation already but I'll guess I'll find out at some point if this goes alongside this path.

In hindsight missed a couple opportunities to steer the discussion from shop talk.

Read this on mobile and thought it said outside circumcisions cut me short

:anhuld
ὕβρις

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #13421 on: March 02, 2020, 12:27:56 PM »

I'm also concerned about the way and timing of introducing the prospective girlfriend to my daughter which'd have to happen at some point in the whole joint custody, spend half the time at mom's / half the time at dad's thing.  I can't recall if anyone here has any relevant insight to that sort of thing, doubt it, but it's as good a topic as any I suppose.  Seems like the sort of thing you can't afford to botch and it makes me nervous.  And of course, I'm neurotically getting way ahead of myself here, but it's how I do.

As a  stepfather to a 10- and 9-year old, I guess I could offer my experience in navigating that challenge, though I don’t know that it will be a template to follow, exactly.

It was a long time before my partner introduced me to her kids, but at the same time, our relationship was very casual in that timeframe as well.  We were exclusive with each other by default and inclination, but not by explicit agreement, and weren’t calling each other “boyfriend/girlfriend”.

Until all of a sudden we were, and she sorta decided that it was time that she was willing to have the kids meet me.  Even then, for the first couple months, I was just mom’s “friend” when we were doing stuff with the kids.  Everything went great from then on, and it was about four months from me meeting the kids to us deciding to take the step of looking to buy a house to move in together.

Edit:  and I was waay more nervous about meeting her kids than she was.  For as careful as she was in how long she waited to bring up the idea of meeting the kids, once she did, she was so nonchalant about it.  :lol
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 12:37:17 PM by Boogie »
MMA

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #13422 on: March 02, 2020, 02:47:17 PM »
Possum Girl is your OTP. You need to do whatever it takes to rekindle things.
She might be at a mutual friend's house warming party... If she is I'll probably leave early. 

:goty2

Or hell, maybe I'll meet someone new there and kindle something with them just to rub it in her fat face.  :doge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #13423 on: March 02, 2020, 08:10:31 PM »
Going to see Tim and Eric with my ex tonight lol god damn it

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #13424 on: March 02, 2020, 09:07:30 PM »
Cum on her tummy.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #13425 on: March 02, 2020, 09:29:30 PM »
:larry

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13426 on: March 02, 2020, 10:00:18 PM »
If she's down with anal, dump the load in her tight ass.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #13427 on: March 02, 2020, 10:10:38 PM »
I think it'd be dope if you just held her hand :-[

Rahxephon91

« Reply #13428 on: March 04, 2020, 01:36:24 AM »
Well officially my long distance whatever relationship has ended today. It sucks, but I do feel a sense of relif. I'm sad, but I know it's not the end of the world. I feel empty, but I know of several things I can and should do to make help that loss.

It ended peacefully with both of us acknowledging well it just wasn't going anywhere. It sucks, but in the end I feel it was very worthwhile. I learned a lot about my self. My weaknesses, my strengths, my likes, my dislikes. It's funny I think it was Glen that said something like "oh when you finally have a relationship you'll have so much sex that the fact that you did'nt before will be made irrelevant". It's so true. Now don't get me wrong I'm super scared about any sexual activity. My first GF was very patient, kind of freaky, and really into sex. I'm worried I'll be able to find someone else like that, but I guess it's not impossible.

I'm still in therapy so that's good. I'm trying to work through the many problems I have and it's going ok. Despite what I said, I do feel actually more confident in my sexual ability. I mean I feel I can do a good job at which is an improvement.  I've also resumed school and while I do hate it, I do only have about 5-6 classess to do. There's other tough stuff I'm going through right now that I don't feel the need to detail at this point, but I'm alive and I felt the need to just I guess update this thread. I am worried if I'll be able to find someone else, but I guess thats natural. So really all I can do is keep on trying.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13429 on: March 04, 2020, 02:12:48 AM »
if you don't find someone, esch[pbuh] will suck your dick until he dies or you die  :rejoice

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #13430 on: March 04, 2020, 09:32:38 AM »
I had a girl accept my super like on Tinder last week, so I sent a couple of messages.. no response

Today I sent a ghost emoji and a ghostbusters gif after that, she responded by sending me an austin powers fembots tits shooting gif

So i said I like girls of that caliber 😂

Then she asked "who kill people with their tits?"

Joke ruined but I havent responded yet

I could always say

You can choke me with your tits anyday

😂

but realistically what should I send?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 09:41:56 AM by MMaRsu »
What

BisMarckie

« Reply #13431 on: March 04, 2020, 09:36:51 AM »
:rejoice

BisMarckie

« Reply #13432 on: March 04, 2020, 10:00:32 AM »
Write: I guess we’ll have to find out how lethal your tits are. :klob

Ghoul

« Reply #13433 on: March 04, 2020, 11:22:57 AM »
fact check: the only response from here is "Do I make you horny baby? Do I? Do I?  So I guess coffee shop girl was a bust huh? Damn stoners!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #13434 on: March 04, 2020, 11:36:36 AM »
Well my joke is what Dr Evil actually says after the fembots shooting, but we all know dr evil isnt funny

:lol
What

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13437 on: March 06, 2020, 06:49:21 PM »
Wow 3 Tinder matches tonight.  :-[
Wow no response from any of them. :lol
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13438 on: March 08, 2020, 09:02:07 AM »
I'm really puzzled at the people not responding (but not unmatching either) to be honest. Is there something I'm missing here ? Should I text only when imminently building up to a coffee / drinks date or something, start with the invite (I put it in my profile that I'd rather get a drink) ?
ὕβρις

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #13439 on: March 08, 2020, 12:37:39 PM »
The apps only make money if you pay/stay single so if you've been on there for a while then they may be trying to bait you by just showing your profile to the users that statistically are just window shopping.

tldr you're swipable but you're not profitable.