Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1411261 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #12060 on: November 14, 2019, 09:23:33 AM »
my wife is bipolar, it's not really a big deal. not every bipolar person is kanye :lol

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #12061 on: November 14, 2019, 10:45:19 AM »
I don't think I'm bi-polar but.... I'm definitely not 100% stable either.

It can be rough feeling guilty about putting your significant other through shit because of your mental issues.

To be bi-polar, you'd need a single personality to begin with  :larry
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 11:37:01 AM by Ghoul »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12062 on: November 14, 2019, 10:48:40 AM »
nach bragging about how hot his wife is, roit bragging about his own hotness  :rollsafe

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #12063 on: November 14, 2019, 11:00:08 AM »
 :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #12064 on: November 14, 2019, 11:08:32 AM »
of course, it is filler after all ;)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #12065 on: November 14, 2019, 11:15:23 AM »
I was talking to a friend about what were things that were absolute relationship stoppers.
I said if someone was bipolar that's exactly where I'd stop. That or Borderline Personality disorder? Nope out of there as fast as possible.
I got a lot of flak because they couldn't help it, but sorry, not sorry.  That building is on fire, get out ASAP.

So you wouldn’t consider dating me? And neither would mupepe, filler, and atra? Looks like I’ve got a new pack of scumbags to antagonize.

<removed some personal shit, let’s just say atra, filler, and mupepe are legitimately awful human beings and I’m done with them, at least for a bit>

I’m “surprised! not surprised” by atra. Probably picked this up from some of that PUA shit he learned while riding the kundalini express. What a nonce.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 11:23:28 AM by TVC 15 »
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #12066 on: November 14, 2019, 11:19:35 AM »
atra being picky when he's a psycho who could barely convince some broad that he was a better choice than a heroin addict :lol

TVC15

« Reply #12067 on: November 14, 2019, 11:28:45 AM »
Man, I came into this thread to say “I just saw someone that looks like atra go past me, should I follow them into the bathroom” and I’m walking out holding a garbage bag filled with posters I used to like. Not my Thursday!
serge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #12068 on: November 14, 2019, 11:31:57 AM »
this season is kinda dark

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #12069 on: November 14, 2019, 11:46:53 AM »
I have no idea what this thread is about
:O

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12070 on: November 14, 2019, 11:48:37 AM »
I was talking to a friend about what were things that were absolute relationship stoppers.
I said if someone was bipolar that's exactly where I'd stop. That or Borderline Personality disorder? Nope out of there as fast as possible.
I got a lot of flak because they couldn't help it, but sorry, not sorry.  That building is on fire, get out ASAP.

So you wouldn’t consider dating me? And neither would mupepe, filler, and atra? Looks like I’ve got a new pack of scumbags to antagonize.

<removed some personal shit, let’s just say atra, filler, and mupepe are legitimately awful human beings and I’m done with them, at least for a bit>

I’m “surprised! not surprised” by atra. Probably picked this up from some of that PUA shit he learned while riding the kundalini express. What a nonce.

Hell no I wouldn't date you. But I'd like you hate fuck me while I squealed like a pig. And really, isn't that better?
que

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12071 on: November 14, 2019, 11:49:39 AM »

I saw before the edit  :pimp

TVC15

« Reply #12072 on: November 14, 2019, 11:52:40 AM »
If I wanted anyone to see it, it would be you. You’re good at apologies. You could have me back in a day.

The others are staying on ignore.
serge

« Reply #12073 on: November 14, 2019, 03:37:59 PM »

I have no idea what's going and very happy with my boring married dad life.
野球

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12074 on: November 14, 2019, 04:44:43 PM »
 :yuck

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #12075 on: November 14, 2019, 04:47:28 PM »
boring married life :rejoice

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #12076 on: November 14, 2019, 05:08:36 PM »
eventful married life  :playa

BisMarckie

« Reply #12077 on: November 14, 2019, 06:03:11 PM »
boring married life :rejoice

Dating just wastes valuable vidya time. :esports

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #12078 on: November 14, 2019, 06:24:51 PM »
Whatever it may be it's going to be kind of awkward to move on someone I spoke to 5mn at best.

for the little it's worth, my 2 cents; the lack of direct contact at the office is a boon! i've had a few work flings and they were both initiated via email/chat randomly after brief meetings. the most recent one was def kinda odd. i taught a new ops manager how to use our coffee machine and we started talking about dance music.

we kinda brushed past eachother a few times during the week, then the following week she messaged me asking if i'd like to come over to her place for a smoke and listen to some tunes. was super forward and did throw me a little bit (do i want to get involved with a colleague etc), but it did work and the distance between us professionally (quite different parts of the business, barely any overlap in day to day operations) was what kinda swung it for me.

tl;dr could you message her on work chat like, hey i've been trying to think of a legitimate reason to message you, but really i'd just like to grab a drink with you this evening if you'd be into that.

◕‿◕

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #12079 on: November 14, 2019, 06:26:09 PM »
tl;dr could you message her on work chat like, hey i've been trying to think of a legitimate reason to message you, but really i'd just like to grab a drink with you this evening if you'd be into that.
are you trying to get him reprimanded? :lol
每天生气

naff

« Reply #12080 on: November 14, 2019, 06:35:19 PM »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

no, but yeah, the simplicity of being forward has worked for me in the past (tbh, i think it's p much the only thing that has worked for me).

like i said, my 2 cents is prob pretty worthless!
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #12081 on: November 14, 2019, 06:40:58 PM »
trying to deconstruct/advise on these highly contextual/potentially problematic situations def ill advised heh. all i'm really trying to do here is offer some moral support to vom. i hope something works out.
◕‿◕

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12082 on: November 14, 2019, 06:41:13 PM »
Nah, it's not the sort of job where we have that anyway and there's no interaction in our departments and tasks. Plus I'm on mission contracts, I work past the evening there and social events are very, very uncommon. Taking a smoke break at the same time (and no, I don't have a view on that either) is basically the only window for chit-chatting.

It's a pity but :yeshrug I'd deffo try to make up the most of whatever opportunity but it's just really convoluted to even get to chat.
ὕβρις

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12083 on: November 14, 2019, 06:47:42 PM »
Def use company assets to ask her out!

Post results please
que

shosta

« Reply #12084 on: November 14, 2019, 06:48:57 PM »
naff's dick swaggering post made me a little mad to be honest, as if everyone has the looks or earning potential to pull that kind of shit off. If you're anything less than mouthwatering, asking someone out over company email completely unsolicited without significant prior interaction is creepy sexual harassment and insta-documented.
每天生气

naff

« Reply #12085 on: November 14, 2019, 06:58:17 PM »
:doge

my apologies. i note and accept your feedback to this climate survey and i'll modify my conduct accordingly.
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #12086 on: November 14, 2019, 07:12:01 PM »
you kid, but office flirtation on "company assets" is absurdly common.
◕‿◕

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #12087 on: November 14, 2019, 09:14:06 PM »
Whatever it may be it's going to be kind of awkward to move on someone I spoke to 5mn at best.

for the little it's worth, my 2 cents; the lack of direct contact at the office is a boon! i've had a few work flings and they were both initiated via email/chat randomly after brief meetings. the most recent one was def kinda odd. i taught a new ops manager how to use our coffee machine and we started talking about dance music.

we kinda brushed past eachother a few times during the week, then the following week she messaged me asking if i'd like to come over to her place for a smoke and listen to some tunes. was super forward and did throw me a little bit (do i want to get involved with a colleague etc), but it did work and the distance between us professionally (quite different parts of the business, barely any overlap in day to day operations) was what kinda swung it for me.

Very cool, what tunes did she play?

Everyone just looks at me side-eyed when I tell them what kind of music I listen to. :P
^_^

shosta

« Reply #12088 on: November 14, 2019, 11:34:20 PM »
I was the one who approached my manager at work, remember? :trumps
每天生气

bluemax

« Reply #12089 on: November 15, 2019, 12:18:05 AM »
Had sort of a crummy day yesterday, told the girl I'm seeing about it and she came by that evening and we just hung out, cuddling (shark week prevented other forms of intimacy) and talking and man I forgot how nice it is having someone to cheer you up after a bad day.

Also it's funny all the thirsty emails the dating apps are sending me because I stopped logging in, ha. I forgot to turn off email notifications from them, so it's been fun telling them to leave me alone.
NO

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #12090 on: November 15, 2019, 01:25:35 AM »
I wonder how much airbnb revenue is due to menses?

Vom, you're French and you smoke so you know how to fuck. Just go with your instincts and you'll be clear and calm in expressing your intentions.

Oblivion

« Reply #12091 on: November 15, 2019, 01:57:19 AM »

can we get back to this?

i just found out that my ladyfriend is bipolar. i never would have guessed since she came off as completely normal to me.

i've never dated anyone that was bipolar, though i did date someone who was crazy (that didn't turn out well), and there was herpes girl who was also crazy, but not that crazy (though maybe she was bipolar too, now that i think about it).

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #12092 on: November 15, 2019, 09:55:58 AM »
yeah i wouldn't really let it concern you at this stage

Tasty

« Reply #12093 on: November 15, 2019, 10:30:09 AM »
i never would have guessed since she came off as completely normal to me.

:social2

When people talk about shitty/actively damaging representation in media this has got to be near the top.

(I am not diagnosed bipolar, but it runs in my family.)

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #12094 on: November 15, 2019, 11:30:55 AM »
I married a woman who was bi polar. She didn’t manage it. She would occasionally take medication but would always fall off. I’m not saying all bi polar folks would be this way. But it did take a toll on me and I wouldn’t have it in me try again. I’d probably be always waiting for the roof to fall in and I think I would be the terrible partner.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #12095 on: November 15, 2019, 11:41:28 AM »
when we first started dating my wife was very anti-meds, which can be kinda common. that was a mess and honestly not something i'd put up with if we just started dating today. however once she found a good med and starting seeing someone regularly, it's really been great and i couldn't see myself with anyone else. and even then it doesn't mean your ladyfriend needs meds or is a second away from a breakdown or whatever, there's shades and levels to all this shit.

anyway your ladyfriend sharing this with you should be seen as a good thing that she trusts you enough to open up, not something to be worried about.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12096 on: November 15, 2019, 11:45:29 AM »

can we get back to this?

i just found out that my ladyfriend is bipolar. i never would have guessed since she came off as completely normal to me.

i've never dated anyone that was bipolar, though i did date someone who was crazy (that didn't turn out well), and there was herpes girl who was also crazy, but not that crazy (though maybe she was bipolar too, now that i think about it).

If she's managing her condition, what's the issue? That's wholly her problem and not yours. and as the others said you haven't even put yr peepee in her yet  :-[

She also was open and told you about it already which is pretty cool because most people with it get condemned by boomerbrains like ronito, I see that as brave and mature. She doesnt wanna be with someone who won't accept her for who she is.

(Image removed from quote.)
i sorta agree. If it's managed it's one thing. I made a blanket statement on shallow exclusions and that's mine, but I totally admit it's shallow. Some people wont date overweight people, that's not different than me saying I generally wouldn't date bipolar people. Certainly don't expect anyone to share my opinion. That being said, having friends that function with bipolar disorder, I find a very good indicator on how they can deal with relationships is if they have long standing relationships, like if they have friends and family they interact with and  they've had for years then it means they can maintain a relationship and work through any issues. However, if they only have one friend or no friends and complain about how everyone's left them that's usually a sign they end up pushing people out of their life/people aren't willing to put up with their bullshit.
que

TVC15

« Reply #12097 on: November 15, 2019, 11:49:55 AM »
I only take one mild med. Drugs generally don't provide enough benefit to outweigh their side effects, and many bipolar people still drink which effectively invalidates just about every antidepressant, antipsychotic, and mood stabilizer. If you drink while you take these, you're just going to make yourself more fucked up. Bipolar drugs are not in a good place. People that say things like "Hurr durrr? Why don't bipolar people just take their medicine lol!" are generally not very well informed.
serge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12098 on: November 15, 2019, 11:52:06 AM »
Some of my friends that do the best with their bipolar diagnosis actually don't take meds. To me it's a "is it managed" thing versus 'are you on your meds' thing.
Some people need meds, others find other ways. Others don't.
que

TVC15

« Reply #12099 on: November 15, 2019, 11:57:40 AM »
Some of my friends that do the best with their bipolar diagnosis actually don't take meds. To me it's a "is it managed" thing versus 'are you on your meds' thing.
Some people need meds, others find other ways. Others don't.

Nah, this is bullshit. You're putting too much trust into psychologists and their diagnoses. Don't trust a science that has to blow itself up every 30 years to correct itself. (Not saying it's valueless, just too flawed to trust as a tool to filter people out of your life.)
serge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12100 on: November 15, 2019, 12:19:05 PM »
That's what I meant by different people treat/medicate in different ways and it has different effects.

The medication someone is on can make them struggle in a relationship just as much or more as an underlying mental condition.

It's a struggle, and TBH I'm a Puppy I understand being cautious with people, but blanket statements are kind of dickish.
Shallow reasons, are by definition dickish.
:trumps
que

TVC15

« Reply #12101 on: November 15, 2019, 01:59:26 PM »
That's what I meant by different people treat/medicate in different ways and it has different effects.

The medication someone is on can make them struggle in a relationship just as much or more as an underlying mental condition.

It's a struggle, and TBH I'm a Puppy I understand being cautious with people, but blanket statements are kind of dickish.

I kind of wish I weren't so private so I can share some Bad Medication stories. Once you get past lamotrigine, it seems like you're guaranteed at least one "oh my fucking god, I have to live with this?" side effect. I'm fairly sure quetiapine permanently altered some aspects of my health.

There have been many lawsuits over quetiapine--the military pumps PTSD victims with it with disastrous results. Vets call it Serokill (it's brand name is Seroquel). It's a pretty good drug to read up on if you want to lose faith in psychiatry. I won't go into it since, well, I'm biased and you wouldn't trust me. I will say that it's the most unpleasant drug I've ever taken. When it kicks in, your heart beats scary fast, fast enough that you're sweating and a little concerned, but at the same time you're getting dead, dumb tired. You fall asleep after about 1-2 hours of this. When you wake up the next day, you're a tranquilized zombie the next day. I can't recall the exact nature of the tranquilization, but it wasn't pleasant. That drug caused a lot of problems in my life--more than alcohol or any illegal drug. My life would be very different now if I hadn't listened to that quack. I would still be up in Seattle, sucking rioutous dickus.
serge

Oblivion

« Reply #12102 on: November 15, 2019, 03:57:05 PM »

can we get back to this?

If she's managing her condition, what's the issue? That's wholly her problem and not yours. and as the others said you haven't even put yr peepee in her yet  :-[

She also was open and told you about it already which is pretty cool because most people with it get condemned by boomerbrains like ronito, I see that as brave and mature. She doesnt wanna be with someone who won't accept her for who she is.

well i didn't say there was a problem, PER SE. but given that i've never dated a bipolar person, i wasn't sure if it was something i should have been concerned about. she told me this last saturday on our last date actually, and well...i'm still with her, so that's gotta count for something, right?  :doge

TVC15

« Reply #12103 on: November 15, 2019, 04:09:06 PM »
Plenty of bipolar people only got it mild, too. Bipolar is not guaranteed crazy! Not nearly! There are lots of people that live relatively stable lives with lots of years between any episodes. Lots of bipolar people don’t even get mania, enough that it has its own classification. The point is if you hear “bipolar” your first thought shouldn’t be “uh oh.” As with everyone, you have to judge people as individuals. Fuck labels.
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12104 on: November 15, 2019, 04:44:50 PM »
getting your nut with a bipolar nutjub  :lawd :drool

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #12105 on: November 15, 2019, 04:50:00 PM »
More people should be on lithium
dur

TVC15

« Reply #12106 on: November 15, 2019, 05:41:16 PM »
More people should be on lithium

Probably the drug that gave me the biggest, most obvious benefit, but the side effects for me (and apparently everyone else) were unworkable. But if I ever found myself in a big, deep depression again, I'd go back on it for a bit. It's kind of like the nuclear option for me. It's also just annoying to take because you have to do regular thyroid testing, and if you take it long-term, you will have to take hormones for your thyroid, which is another set of dominos.  I believe it's also permanent liver or kidney damage if you take it for more than a few years. All this is at therapeutic levels, not lithia water levels, which I don't recall hearing anything bad about.

The no-way-jose side effect for me was memory loss. After a month or so of taking it, I noticed I wasn't able to recall things from my memory the way I used to. I'm usually a walking encyclopedia when it comes to movies and actors and books and authors and all the little details about those things, but one day I just noticed that I couldn't remember something that I knew I really liked or was really important to me. It was something that couldn't be missing. This extended to things like words and work plans. Even if it was something that happened that very day, I might not remember it. This effect was arbitrary--I remembered some things but not others, and sometimes I seemed to be able to remember things that I couldn't recall previously. It's hard to keep track of because lithium also has a general "dumbing down" effect, so I didn't even notice I was forgetting things until I stumbled upon something that I felt I knew I couldn't forget.

I'm a writer and remembering precise words and precise details are kind of important to my job. I went to my psychiatrist with my issue and her response was to keep taking lithium and talk to HR at work to get a work accommodation. This is modern psychology and psychiatry. They care more about putting pills in your throat than your well being. In this case, it's not motivated by money (lithium is dirt cheap) but by the culture of the profession. Rather than look for other things that could help, it was suggested that I live with conditions that made it impossible to do my job, but instead talk HR into giving me some sort of break, which I personally found insulting. Like other psychiatrists I worked with, she was also dismissive about the dumbing down effect that many of these drugs have, too.

You have me talking about this shit too much. I'm sorry for ruining your thread. I'll leave. Mupepe, I'm a Puppy!, and especially atra "Roosh II" mental remain on the list!
serge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #12107 on: November 15, 2019, 09:44:29 PM »

Oh, go fuck yourself.

Atra and filler too.

This kind of response pretty much just proves Puppy's point. Maybe try being rational or nuanced as a change of pace.

Welcome back.

I have no idea what's going and very happy with my boring married dad life.
:respect

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #12108 on: November 16, 2019, 06:05:58 AM »
I’m so close to fucking a hot 23 year old blasian but our schedules aren’t aligning these past few days due to work schedules.
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #12109 on: November 16, 2019, 06:51:07 AM »
I'm never going out with a man ever again.

Women only now.

Me:

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 06:57:02 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #12110 on: November 16, 2019, 07:09:09 AM »
Jeez. Caught up on the Cats situation. I'm sorry.
IYKYK

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #12111 on: November 16, 2019, 10:52:34 AM »
I’ll live, somehow. Facebook rubbed some salt in my wounds today by trying to get me to celebrate 10 years of knowing her. Feeling pretty low about it

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12112 on: November 16, 2019, 01:18:32 PM »
I'm never going out with a man ever again.

Women only now.

Me:

That's a funny pic. I was just talking to a bi friend and she said that getting to a relationship with a guy was full of drama and pain but a full on relationship with another girl was more painful than a relationship with a guy. But that's just her.
que

BisMarckie

« Reply #12113 on: November 16, 2019, 01:59:46 PM »
A few years from now you’ll have a new life and you’ll probably realize it’s for the best as you lay pipe into some hottie who worships you.

Hang in there

Yep, my divorce was painful as hell, but looking back it was the best decision I have ever made.

Himu

« Reply #12114 on: November 16, 2019, 02:08:03 PM »
A few years from now you’ll have a new life and you’ll probably realize it’s for the best as you lay pipe into some hottie who worships you.

Hang in there

Yep, my divorce was painful as hell, but looking back it was the best decision I have ever made.

What about your baby girl? :(
IYKYK

BisMarckie

« Reply #12115 on: November 16, 2019, 02:08:34 PM »
Second wife, with second kid on the way. :pimp

Had no kids with my first wife, thank god.

Himu

« Reply #12116 on: November 16, 2019, 02:21:21 PM »

Hang in there

What about your baby girl? :(

This is a dumb sentiment.

(sorry, I'm the child of parents who hated each other and stayed together until I was 18)

I'm not saying to stay for the kid, I'm asking about how she's getting along. You're assuming too much from my question.

Second wife, with second kid on the way. :pimp

Had no kids with my first wife, thank god.

:pimp  :heartbeat
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #12117 on: November 16, 2019, 02:26:38 PM »
Sorry lol, sore spot for me and "stay togetha for da kidz" is a common sentiment.

Fuck no! That probably damages the kid even more. I'm proof!
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12118 on: November 16, 2019, 03:04:02 PM »
I have never ever met someone that said “thank god my parents stayed together even though they had issues!” But I know so many that we’re glad their parents split
que

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12119 on: November 16, 2019, 03:09:44 PM »
I'm glad all my bore daddies stayed together  ;)