Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 608676 times)

Oblivion

Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #540 on: July 11, 2018, 04:20:01 AM »
Somewhat related, but I listened to Glen Loury for the first time, and for some reason I thought he wouldn't be so bad, but it turns out he's just as awful and disingenuous as every Black conservative in the past 40 years. The fact that etoilet admired the guy makes perfect sense now. And the fact that Sam Harris loves this dude also confirms my impression that Harris himself is pretty awful.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #541 on: July 11, 2018, 08:35:15 AM »
Somewhat related, but I listened to Glen Loury for the first time, and for some reason I thought he wouldn't be so bad, but it turns out he's just as awful and disingenuous as every Black conservative in the past 40 years. The fact that etoilet admired the guy makes perfect sense now. And the fact that Sam Harris loves this dude also confirms my impression that Harris himself is pretty awful.
And how so? What did you not like about him

Oblivion

« Reply #542 on: July 11, 2018, 07:26:48 PM »

He's a disingenuous hack. He was having a debate with someone else regarding (among other things, Trump) and claims that people think he's racist because he simpy wants to "protect the border". He also seems like the typical conservative who blames all of black society's problems stemming from getting too much welfare.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #543 on: July 11, 2018, 09:12:13 PM »

He's a disingenuous hack. He was having a debate with someone else regarding (among other things, Trump) and claims that people think he's racist because he simpy wants to "protect the border". He also seems like the typical conservative who blames all of black society's problems stemming from getting too much welfare.
yeah i don't buy that. sorry. i've heard multiple podcasts with him on it and he's never come off like that.

if you can time stamp where he's said stuff like this within a larger context then i'd believe you. any time i've heard him speak it's basically been him complaining that black people are giving up their agency, and giving up their own self-respect by blaming everything on their ancestors being slaves.

he's also slammed ta-nehisi coates which i appreciate, considering that dude is actually a real fucking racist, and doesn't do any good for the black community.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #544 on: July 12, 2018, 01:29:29 AM »
https://jordanbpeterson.com/transcripts/camille-paglia/

Oh yeah. Maybe P Daddy will be replacing Sontag in the pre-sleep fantasy Wild Things threesome tonight. Camille could pour the champagne on his tits.
serge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #545 on: July 12, 2018, 01:29:40 AM »
Loury used to be a very standard conservative black Republican, a la Thomas Sowell. He's generally a bit more nuanced these days.

Worth reading about his personal life back in the day. Shines a very different light on the articles he was writing in the 80's about black Americans being the victims of their own pathologies.

Oblivion

« Reply #546 on: July 12, 2018, 06:47:38 AM »

yeah i don't buy that. sorry. i've heard multiple podcasts with him on it and he's never come off like that.

if you can time stamp where he's said stuff like this within a larger context then i'd believe you. 

I don't have a video sadly (I heard it on some radio program on the way to work), but he said some stuff that was pretty eyebrow raising. For instance, he was bragging about how Trump was playing 11th dimensional chess this entire time from getting elected, up to setting up his nominee for the SC. As if Trump has any ideology beyond enriching himself.

any time i've heard him speak it's basically been him complaining that black people are giving up their agency, and giving up their own self-respect by blaming everything on their ancestors being slaves.

Yeah, but this also seems like standard conservative conventional wisdom, whether you're white or black.

he's also slammed ta-nehisi coates which i appreciate, considering that dude is actually a real fucking racist, and doesn't do any good for the black community.

Okay, this should be fun. Can you elaborate?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #547 on: July 12, 2018, 08:12:08 AM »

Okay, this should be fun. Can you elaborate?
Elaborate that the guy basically gives everything up to racism? says black america has no chance because of 'whiteness'. the dude is off his rocker. 

Just some quotes from his fucking response to kanye west that will leave your head spinning : everything is so ironic, how he sees everything as "whiteness"
Yes, it had to have happened like this, like folk wisdom, because when I think of that era, I do not think of MTV, but of the futile attempt to stay awake and navigate the yawning whiteness of Friday Night Videos

on Michael Jackson
And he had always been dying—dying to be white. That was what my mother said, that you could see the dying all over his face, the decaying, the thinning, that he was disappearing into something white, desiccating into something white, erasing himself

On america:

It is hard because what happened to America in 2016 has long been happening in America, before there was an America, when the first Carib was bayoneted and the first African delivered up in chains. It is hard to express the depth of the emergency without bowing to the myth of past American unity, when in fact American unity has always been the unity of conquistadors and colonizers—unity premised on Indian killings, land grabs, noble internments, and the gallant General Lee. Here is a country that specializes in defining its own deviancy down so that the criminal, the immoral, and the absurd become the baseline, so that even now, amidst the long tragedy and this lately disaster, the guardians of truth rally to the liar’s flag.

this is just what i could stand.. then he goes waxing on about how amazing Kayne used to be and his sock of his support for Trump. Like most of these dudes he puts way too much stock into rappers. Guy is a nut job and it's where most of blackera gets their shit from. He's moving the needle in that direction.

But Glen Loury says, this dude is holding a losing hand.

kingv

« Reply #548 on: July 12, 2018, 04:30:32 PM »
What was the word?

It was a place but no one knew what it meant. (As in, what would we call it today.)

Istanbul/Constantinople

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #549 on: July 16, 2018, 05:47:14 PM »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #550 on: July 16, 2018, 06:01:32 PM »

that was fucking painful. how can that be a college? and then you see those morons in the back snapping their fingers.

benjipwns

« Reply #551 on: August 03, 2018, 12:17:37 PM »
A minor update on something from the prior Wank Dad thread:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/8/3/17644180/political-correctness-free-speech-liberal-data-georgetown
But a brand new data analysis from Georgetown University’s Free Speech Project suggests that this “crisis” is more than a little overblown. There have been relatively few incidents of speech being squelched on college campuses, and there’s in fact limited evidence that conservatives are being unfairly targeted.

The Free Speech Project’s researchers have cataloged more than 90 incidents since 2016 that fit their criteria for a person’s free speech rights being threatened. Of those 90, about two-thirds took place on college campuses. These incidents range from a speaker being disinvited to a faculty member being fired over allegedly offensive comments to a student-run play being canceled over concerns it would offend.

The raw numbers here should already raise questions about the so-called political correctness epidemic. According to the Department of Education, there are 4,583 colleges and universities in the United States (including two- and four-year institutions). The fact that there were roughly only 60 incidents in the past two years suggests that free speech crises are extremely rare events and don’t define university life in the way that critics suggest.

Moreover, there’s a consistent pattern in the data when it comes to conservatives — one that tells a different story than you hear among free speech panickers.

“Most of the incidents where presumptively conservative speech has been interrupted or squelched in the last two or three years seem to involve the same few speakers: Milo Yiannopoulos, Ben Shapiro, Charles Murray, and Ann Coulter ,” Sanford Ungar, the Free Speech Project’s director, writes. “In some instances, they seem to invite, and delight in, disruption.”

What Ungar is suggesting here is that the “campus free speech” crisis is somewhat manufactured. Conservative student groups invite speakers famous for offensive and racially charged speech — all of the above speakers fit that bill — in a deliberate attempt to provoke the campus left. In other words, they’re trolling. When students react by protesting or disrupting the event, the conservatives use it as proof that there’s real intolerance for conservative ideas.

The other key thing that emerges from the Georgetown data, according to Ungar, is that these protests and disruptions don’t just target the right. “Our data also include many incidents, generally less well-publicized, where lower-profile scholars, speakers, or students who could be considered to be on the left have been silenced or shut down,” he writes.

Examples include Princeton professor Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor’s commencement speech being canceled after receiving death threats for criticizing President Donald Trump and the president of Sonoma State University apologizing for allowing a black student to read a poem critical of police violence at commencement.

There’s little reason, according to Ungar, to conclude from any of this that conservative views are uniquely unwelcome on campus.

“One among many untested concepts,” he writes, “is whether the survey results would be different if conservative student groups, instead of repeatedly inviting campus visitors who have built a brand of disruption, were to sponsor serious intellectual dialogue with thinkers on the right.”
The pro-free speech Foundation for Individual Rights in Education keeps a database of speaker disinvitations from campuses. It finds only a handful of disinvitations — somewhere between 20 and 42 — in every year between 2011 and 2017. The highest single-year spike, from 21 in 2015 to 42 in 2016, is mostly the work of one provocateur launching an intentionally inflammatory college tour.

“11 of the 42 disinvitations were for a single speaker: Breitbart editor and right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos,” FIRE’s Alex Morey writes. “His controversial ‘Dangerous Feggot Tour’ traveled to colleges across the country this year and seemed to prompt a new report of attempted censorship in some form or another each week.”

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #552 on: August 03, 2018, 03:56:35 PM »
It warms me up inside that some of you keep Daddy P so close to your hearts. I wish etoilet could see this, there's multiple strong threads going on right now.

We got it Daddy up in here at thebore etoilet.

:uguu

agrajag

« Reply #553 on: August 03, 2018, 04:42:51 PM »
you but you fucked off from your own thread like a little bitch cause you can't defend that fruitcake

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #554 on: August 04, 2018, 05:18:03 PM »
you but you fucked off from your own thread like a little bitch cause you can't defend that fruitcake
I'll admit that his daughters recent foray into dietary guidance is worrisome. Daddy's empire could crumble cuz of this dumb cunt.

Himu

« Reply #555 on: August 04, 2018, 05:19:58 PM »
:heh

I had a better defense for Peterson than you ever presented. Please.
IYKYK

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #556 on: August 04, 2018, 05:21:42 PM »

What was your defense? I did'n't read it because you tend to type too much shit in one post.

Himu

« Reply #557 on: August 04, 2018, 05:24:09 PM »

What was your defense? I did'n't read it because you tend to type too much shit in one post.

Can't read 22 pages much less one post. :wag
IYKYK

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #558 on: August 04, 2018, 05:24:47 PM »

Yeah keep it short and sweet bitch. Geez.

agrajag

« Reply #559 on: August 04, 2018, 05:24:50 PM »
I told you guys, they are Assimilating

:dunno

Himu

« Reply #560 on: August 04, 2018, 05:31:18 PM »

Yeah keep it short and sweet bitch. Geez.

Thank you for accepting my gender
IYKYK

Oblivion

« Reply #561 on: August 04, 2018, 05:37:53 PM »
A minor update on something from the prior Wank Dad thread:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/8/3/17644180/political-correctness-free-speech-liberal-data-georgetown
But a brand new data analysis from Georgetown University’s Free Speech Project suggests that this “crisis” is more than a little overblown. There have been relatively few incidents of speech being squelched on college campuses, and there’s in fact limited evidence that conservatives are being unfairly targeted.

The Free Speech Project’s researchers have cataloged more than 90 incidents since 2016 that fit their criteria for a person’s free speech rights being threatened. Of those 90, about two-thirds took place on college campuses. These incidents range from a speaker being disinvited to a faculty member being fired over allegedly offensive comments to a student-run play being canceled over concerns it would offend.

The raw numbers here should already raise questions about the so-called political correctness epidemic. According to the Department of Education, there are 4,583 colleges and universities in the United States (including two- and four-year institutions). The fact that there were roughly only 60 incidents in the past two years suggests that free speech crises are extremely rare events and don’t define university life in the way that critics suggest.

Moreover, there’s a consistent pattern in the data when it comes to conservatives — one that tells a different story than you hear among free speech panickers.

“Most of the incidents where presumptively conservative speech has been interrupted or squelched in the last two or three years seem to involve the same few speakers: Milo Yiannopoulos, Ben Shapiro, Charles Murray, and Ann Coulter ,” Sanford Ungar, the Free Speech Project’s director, writes. “In some instances, they seem to invite, and delight in, disruption.”

What Ungar is suggesting here is that the “campus free speech” crisis is somewhat manufactured. Conservative student groups invite speakers famous for offensive and racially charged speech — all of the above speakers fit that bill — in a deliberate attempt to provoke the campus left. In other words, they’re trolling. When students react by protesting or disrupting the event, the conservatives use it as proof that there’s real intolerance for conservative ideas.

The other key thing that emerges from the Georgetown data, according to Ungar, is that these protests and disruptions don’t just target the right. “Our data also include many incidents, generally less well-publicized, where lower-profile scholars, speakers, or students who could be considered to be on the left have been silenced or shut down,” he writes.

Examples include Princeton professor Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor’s commencement speech being canceled after receiving death threats for criticizing President Donald Trump and the president of Sonoma State University apologizing for allowing a black student to read a poem critical of police violence at commencement.

There’s little reason, according to Ungar, to conclude from any of this that conservative views are uniquely unwelcome on campus.

“One among many untested concepts,” he writes, “is whether the survey results would be different if conservative student groups, instead of repeatedly inviting campus visitors who have built a brand of disruption, were to sponsor serious intellectual dialogue with thinkers on the right.”
The pro-free speech Foundation for Individual Rights in Education keeps a database of speaker disinvitations from campuses. It finds only a handful of disinvitations — somewhere between 20 and 42 — in every year between 2011 and 2017. The highest single-year spike, from 21 in 2015 to 42 in 2016, is mostly the work of one provocateur launching an intentionally inflammatory college tour.

“11 of the 42 disinvitations were for a single speaker: Breitbart editor and right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos,” FIRE’s Alex Morey writes. “His controversial ‘Dangerous Feggot Tour’ traveled to colleges across the country this year and seemed to prompt a new report of attempted censorship in some form or another each week.”

Well I for one never expected that such a "crisis" would be overly one sided and fought by people with less than pure hearts.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #562 on: August 04, 2018, 06:30:10 PM »
It warms me up inside that some of you keep Daddy P so close to your hearts. I wish etoilet could see this, there's multiple strong threads going on right now.

We got it Daddy up in here at thebore etoilet.

etiolate da god is watching over us all with a smile, bless up  :rejoice

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

agrajag

« Reply #564 on: August 29, 2018, 12:50:00 PM »
 :dead

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #565 on: August 29, 2018, 12:57:39 PM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/08/the-peterson-family-meat-cleanse/567613/

“I’m certainly intellectually at my best,” he said. “I’m stronger, I can swim better, and my gum disease is gone. It’s like, what the hell?”

“Do you take any vitamins?” asked Rogan.

“No. No, I eat beef and salt and water. That’s it. And I never cheat. Ever. Not even a little bit.”

“No soda, no wine?”

“I drink club soda.”

“Well, that’s still water.”

Well, when you’re down to that level, no, it’s not, Joe. There’s club soda, which is really bubbly. There’s Perrier, which is sort of bubbly. There’s flat water, and there’s hot water. Those distinctions start to become important.

:badass

What a glorious mind.
©ZH

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #566 on: August 29, 2018, 01:00:18 PM »
“I didn’t sleep that month for 25 days. I didn’t sleep at all for 25 days.”

“What? How is that possible?”

“I’ll tell you how it’s possible: You lay in bed frozen in something approximating terror for eight hours. And then you get up.”

The longest recorded stretch of sleeplessness in a human is 11 days, witnessed by a Stanford research team.
You have to interpret this as hyperbole, but then you'd be 'unfairly distorting' his statement. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #567 on: August 29, 2018, 02:09:41 PM »
Wank dad is just one of those kinds of people who talks like:

If he thinks it, everyone else should too.
If a diet or regiment works for him, everyone should do it.
If he doesn't like something, nobody else should.

It's just another bog standard conservative egotist.
©ZH

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #568 on: August 29, 2018, 04:34:25 PM »
I don't think he is saying it works for everyone, nor is she saying it, and they're certainly not the only ones on this meat only diet thing.

I do know some people that can't consume other foods like normal people, i know people that can't eat red meat because they can't digest it, so it's in the realm of possibility that this bitch can't eat much else outside of meats and other things.

But yeah, the diet is fucking stupid and she'll be the downfall of Daddy P
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 04:39:17 PM by Assimilate »

agrajag

« Reply #569 on: August 29, 2018, 04:37:11 PM »
Surprise surprise, Assy isn't sperging out over Daddy P's r-tarded eating habits like he does with vegans and vegetarians.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #570 on: August 29, 2018, 04:40:02 PM »
But yeah, the diet is fucking stupid and she'll be the downfall of Daddy P

Surprise surprise, Assy isn't sperging out over Daddy P's r-tarded eating habits like he does with vegans and vegetarians.

Can you not fucking read? Don't be stupid. We don't need another autisty beak around here. We already have Mr. Beaks.

agrajag

« Reply #571 on: August 29, 2018, 04:41:15 PM »
You fucking suck at being Zen.

:umad

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #572 on: August 29, 2018, 04:43:08 PM »

I'm actually very zen right now. If you could see me, you'd understand.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
filler we need a zen emoji
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #573 on: August 29, 2018, 04:44:33 PM »
Nah, you suck. You are highly volatile and prone to e-rage.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #574 on: August 29, 2018, 06:02:04 PM »
stalker beaks jr over here  :lol :lol :lol

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #575 on: August 29, 2018, 06:03:51 PM »

https://twitter.com/dril/status/549425182767861760

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #576 on: August 29, 2018, 06:44:30 PM »
BTW, this digression makes me glad I studied actually useful things in university like Mu'tazila theology, memes in the People's Republic of China, and a form of Arabic no one speaks outside of a news broadcast.

Check your PMs, I've got some memes I want to go viral in China and I need to know your rates
QED

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #577 on: August 29, 2018, 06:53:48 PM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)
filler we need a zen emoji
[close]

yar

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #578 on: August 29, 2018, 07:03:54 PM »
People getting salty over my zen levels :doge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #579 on: August 30, 2018, 06:32:09 PM »
Quote from: Shostakovich
Quote from: Mandark
Eh, I think it's pretty clear from his own words that the "ultimate sentiment" is him being bothered by the message of female independence.
No I don't think that's it at all. He said he likes Mulan Moana a lot and that that does female independence really well because it's a "balanced story", although I forget what he means by it. If I were being uncharitable to him I'd say he's really just miffed that it was her sister who "awakened" her, not the prince, because that was the archetype he recognizes. Aka a little male fragility :lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #580 on: August 30, 2018, 07:56:59 PM »
HOW COME MY FAIRY TAIL MOVIES FOR KIDS GOTTA HAVE WOMEN DOING STUFF  :rage :rage :rage
dog

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #581 on: August 31, 2018, 03:35:05 AM »
You scoured the buried Wank Dad thread for that? That's too much effort.
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #582 on: August 31, 2018, 03:36:35 AM »
what else can you expect from a coward

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #583 on: August 31, 2018, 03:43:46 AM »
JP sucks and is an undeniable sexist, I think that's pretty clear by now
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #584 on: August 31, 2018, 03:44:11 AM »
i would have expected a real coward to post it on the icon board

or maybe make a thread about it, use his malicious connections to have the scandal ridden admins/mods sticky it, then lock it

there's still plenty of time for this horsefucker to sew some more bad faith into the forum

Oblivion

« Reply #585 on: August 31, 2018, 04:21:04 AM »
JP sucks and is an undeniable sexist, I think that's pretty clear by now

so why did you keep defending him

agrajag

« Reply #586 on: August 31, 2018, 04:29:02 AM »
he was trying to win his way into etiolate's heart pants

benjipwns

« Reply #587 on: August 31, 2018, 04:37:17 AM »
In full disclosure: I think I have a post or two where I remarked that I thought Daddy P was getting into subjects without taking the time to study them and making himself look stupid, and that I assumed he was fine within his field and things he actually researched.

This was either right before or right after he had that fight with that BBC woman. Then he cried about freedom.

I still did not see him transitioning into the YouTube conservosphere at all. Let alone that he'd appear with Ben Shapiro in Dave Rubin's living room set eventually. Or save millions of men's lives.

But in all honestly, I'm glad Daddy P came into my life. I would have never considered the difficulties that swamp witches and kings who live in desiccated castles face in today's world. It's now part of my revolutionary agenda to rescue these souls.

Oblivion

« Reply #588 on: August 31, 2018, 04:49:23 AM »

I still did not see him transitioning into the YouTube conservosphere at all.

Really?

benjipwns

« Reply #589 on: August 31, 2018, 04:50:48 AM »
Skimming the first few pages of that thread, I think Shosota sorta is an ideal for that thread, he matures and explores the ideas over the course of it, reformulating his positions and interacting with others like Rufus and jake. Explores his existing skepticism and uses it to see how it applies to where others were criticizing Daddy P.

One of the other Daddy P supporters at the start of it is hungrynoob and we know where he went.

And then of course there was The GOAT and we can't expect anyone to be that perfect from the very start:
Correction: I don't lose arguments. I lose patience. The argument rarely exists and only briefly exists when it does.

I got naff to actually respond to something said. I explain it. Explaining it reveals how much of the forum doesn't understand social norms. (The argument started and ended right there. "It's over." -Vince Carter) Most conversations don't even get that far.

The forum thinks due to its lack of self awareness that its someone like Peterson who is the social abnormality. They go back to a life where they are ostracized but lack the tools to recognize this. They come back to this online space where they don't get ostracized because ostracization and repercussion is removed by the nature of the format. Mistake the forum for reaffirmation of their rightness. This is essentially an argument about the dangers of social media. Boundaries cannot exist in the same way so they aren't developed. Cruelty becomes more common.

A certain part of the forum I have enough experience with to not even offer the initial civility. I do this on purpose as to mark them as bad. This is self preservation and social messaging. I waste less of my thoughts on the worst and I inform in a public way who to avoid.

When I say it's bad to constantly exist in the peanut gallery, that's not just some wild random thought.  To participate in certain discussions you need to be able to recognize those discussions and know how to change gears. We develop boundaries to have various levels of engagement. It is important to have these different gears. If you can only exist n mockery then you get left behind.

benjipwns

« Reply #590 on: August 31, 2018, 04:53:12 AM »
I still did not see him transitioning into the YouTube conservosphere at all.
Really?
I always underguess the popular lifespans of these people. I thought he'd kinda float back up to Canada after he moved too afar afield from his trans talk due to a market glut. Especially since early on he was really careful not to hop into literally everything even in the culture wars, now he's even commenting on immigration economics and shit.

Oblivion

« Reply #591 on: August 31, 2018, 05:06:42 AM »
Oh you meant his popularity level. I thought you were saying it's surprising that he turned into a typical right-wing reactionary douchebag.

benjipwns

« Reply #592 on: August 31, 2018, 05:18:47 AM »
Well, that's part of it, as I initially took him at his word that he was a Canadian liberal-conservative type since he hadn't really talked about them outside of being upset with the trans pronouns and thus had less in common with the YouTube conservosphere and that would be part of why he'd fade away. But he did very quickly find that his views were actually quite different than he originally thought on a lot of things and more in line with theirs. Really it was a remarkably fast self-discovery of ones own true political views at such a late age.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #593 on: August 31, 2018, 07:40:04 AM »
In full disclosure: I think I have a post or two where I remarked that I thought Daddy P was getting into subjects without taking the time to study them and making himself look stupid, and that I assumed he was fine within his field and things he actually researched.

This was either right before or right after he had that fight with that BBC woman. Then he cried about freedom.

I still did not see him transitioning into the YouTube conservosphere at all. Let alone that he'd appear with Ben Shapiro in Dave Rubin's living room set eventually. Or save millions of men's lives.

You have a tendency of over-complicating things and outsmarting yourself as a result.

He got famous by acting like a martyr over pronouns. He uploaded a 2 1/2 hour video called "Identity politics and the Marxist lie of white privilege" last year. This was destiny.

benjipwns

« Reply #594 on: August 31, 2018, 07:59:10 AM »
At least I'm outsmarting somebody :rollsafe

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #595 on: September 02, 2018, 09:00:35 PM »

Man, this is wonderful. Now the Daddy P's sexy crazy daughter is in the limelight. Fuck you haters.

:rejoice

Oblivion

« Reply #596 on: September 02, 2018, 09:15:04 PM »
Didn't you already comment on that on the last page, Assimilate?  :doge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #597 on: September 02, 2018, 09:16:25 PM »
Didn't you already comment on that on the last page, Assimilate?  :doge
Not with the Rogan interview link, no.  :-*

benjipwns

« Reply #598 on: September 21, 2018, 05:03:56 AM »
https://www.thecut.com/2018/09/jordan-peterson-threatened-to-sue-feminist-critic-kate-manne.html
In June, he threatened to sue Down Girl author and Cornell University assistant professor Kate Manne for defamation, after she criticized his book, 12 Rules For Life, and more generally called his work misogynistic in an interview with Vox. (Peterson previously filed a lawsuit against a university whose faculty members, in a closed-door meeting, argued that showing his videos in a classroom created an unsafe environment for students.) In letters to Manne, Cornell, and Vox, Peterson’s lawyer, Howard Levitt, demanded that all three parties “immediately retract all of Professor Manne’s defamatory statements, have them immediately removed from the internet, and issue an apology in the same forum to Mr. Peterson. Otherwise, our client will take all steps necessary to protect his professional reputation, including but not limited to initiating legal proceedings against all of you for damages.” (You can read the full letter below).

Among the statements Levitt objected to: Manne’s contention that Peterson’s book included “some really eyebrow-raising, authoritarian-sounding, and even cruel things,” as well as her observation that “it doesn’t seem accidental that [Peterson’s] skepticism about objective facts arises when it’s conveniently anti-feminist.” The lawyer and his client were equally unhappy with this line: “I also suspect that for many of Peterson’s readers, the sexism on display above is one tool among many to make forceful, domineering moves that are typical of misogyny.”
Levitt, not surprisingly, disagreed. There’s a difference, he said in an email, between academic debate and “viciously libelling [Peterson] by referring to him as a misogynist, as dishonest, by impugning his honesty and integrity.” Viewing the legal threat as an attempt to shut down the conversation, he continued, would only “encourage the radical left practitioners of identity politics to avoid such debate by castigating our client with libellous false aspersions to avoid engaging in the constitutionally protected (and desired) clash of ideas.”

Levitt also represents Peterson in his defamation suit against Wilfred Laurier University, in which he’s demanded $1.5 million in damages from the school and three faculty members over a meeting in which they chastised a teaching assistant for showing a communications class one of Peterson’s videos. The school has since apologized to the TA, whom Levitt is also representing in her own lawsuit.

“I’m hoping that the combination of lawsuits will be enough to convince careless university professors and administrators blinded by their own ideology to be much more circumspect in their actions and their words,” Peterson opined in a YouTube video.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #599 on: September 21, 2018, 05:41:42 AM »
Snowflake.