Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 608088 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2018, 06:33:30 PM »

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #301 on: July 01, 2018, 06:38:22 PM »

serge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #302 on: July 01, 2018, 06:41:30 PM »
I read an interview where he explains why he wrote that book:

Quote from: JP
Thirty years ago, when I started writing Maps of Meaning, I was trying to solve a problem. That problem was the Cold War: Was it just a battle of ideologies and opinions? Was it two grand narratives, one communist, one capitalist, neither with any more reality than the other? That’s one argument. The other argument is that there’s something fundamental at stake here, deeper than opinion. I was trying to find out which of those two was true.

Imagine sitting down thinking "okay, it's time for me to solve the Cold War." Then cracking open a copy of Aesop's Fables.

When I first started posting on the Bore 10 years ago, I was trying to solve the problem of world hunger.  *Cracks open new tab of Reddit. 

TVC15

« Reply #303 on: July 01, 2018, 06:47:17 PM »
serge

agrajag

« Reply #304 on: July 01, 2018, 06:47:45 PM »
Here are some actual charts from his totally legit and NOT pseudo-scientific books  :doge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #305 on: July 01, 2018, 06:51:20 PM »
This is what's being taught at Harvard right now, agrajag. It's very cutting edge.
©@©™

agrajag

« Reply #306 on: July 01, 2018, 06:53:13 PM »
*assmilate furiously googling in an attempt to make sense of that bullshit and explain how we are all morons for not thinking that's legit science*

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #307 on: July 01, 2018, 06:53:58 PM »
yeah that chart is exactly the sort of shit jp stans would normally point to as evidence that academia has vanished up its own ass into irrelevant obscurantism

bitch about critical theory then accept flow charts with dragons in them, brehs

:drudge :drudge NEW PAGE: ASSIMILATE THINKS JP'S THEORIES ARE DUMB, WON'T READ HIS SHIT :drudge :drudge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #308 on: July 01, 2018, 07:02:19 PM »
i went out for an entire night

Instead of reading a book within like 30 mins before you headed out? :doge You're so fucking lazy. But keep thinking you're giving us "L"'s while we laugh at you, moron.

TVC15

« Reply #309 on: July 01, 2018, 07:21:50 PM »

serge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #310 on: July 01, 2018, 07:26:51 PM »
Wow, didn't expect to see Shaq supporting the US Military Industrial Complex. Guess I won't be watching Inside the NBA or that movie based on Kyrie Irving's Pepsi commercials now.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #311 on: July 01, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »
Here are some actual charts from his totally legit and NOT pseudo-scientific books  :doge
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

It all makes sense now! :ohhh
dog

Tasty

« Reply #312 on: July 01, 2018, 09:52:38 PM »

kingv

« Reply #313 on: July 01, 2018, 10:32:58 PM »
yeah that chart is exactly the sort of shit jp stans would normally point to as evidence that academia has vanished up its own ass into irrelevant obscurantism

bitch about critical theory then accept flow charts with dragons in them, brehs

:drudge :drudge NEW PAGE: ASSIMILATE THINKS JP'S THEORIES ARE DUMB, WON'T READ HIS SHIT :drudge :drudge

Harvard is taking massive L’s not giving this guy tenure for his D&D dungeon master tier academic work.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #314 on: July 01, 2018, 11:53:37 PM »
That's great he's a cited clinical psychologist, but he makes his money on convincing sad, angry young men that "clean your room" and "walk with your shoulders straight" is mind blowing advice because he validates their feelings with evolutionary psychology (psuedo science) and Jungian psychology (long discredited in any professional circles) and then goes on tangents about witches and dragons and shit. Plus he looks goofy and has a funny voice.

Ergo, he's easy to laugh at and it's easier to laugh at his followers because at least he is smart enough to know the hustle and work the marks. No one is upset about him here no matter how many times you say they are to get someone riled up. He's just a fun person to laugh at right now. He'll burn out and be replaced by some other flash in the pan charlatan soon enough.
Stro, you cite me one single achievement you've had in your life... it could be the highest level of education and the specific field, a managerial job (even if it were at mcdonalds) or maybe a collegiate sport scholarship, i mean fucking anything because i doubt you have any of these. Seriously, i honestly doubt you have accomplished any of these low level achievements lol

Anyways, it seems like all of this is good meme fun until you take a gander on what "Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief" is actually about. Since most of your efforts accumulate into simple google searches here's Wikipedia:
Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief is a 1999 book by Canadian clinical psychologist and psychology professor Daddy P. The book describes a comprehensive theory for how people construct meaning, in a way that is compatible with the modern scientific understanding of how the brain functions.[1] It examines the "structure of systems of belief and the role those systems play in the regulation of emotion",[2] using "multiple academic fields to show that connecting myths and beliefs with science is essential to fully understand how people make meaning" 

And then you guys laugh about dragons in illustrations?

I may actually buy this book for some of you. Because you autistys need it. Consider this a charity on my part, i don't want to see some of you off yourselves by 40.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #315 on: July 01, 2018, 11:57:01 PM »
ya, we know he writes about fairy tales

that's why we think he's dumb

that's why you think he's dumb

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #316 on: July 01, 2018, 11:57:55 PM »
Assimilate, mark Mandark down for a couple copies of the book, he obviously definitely needs to read it. He's practically pleading with someone to help him get over his cowardice and just read it.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #317 on: July 02, 2018, 12:00:11 AM »
ya, we know he writes about fairy tales

that's why we think he's dumb

that's why you think he's dumb
You just discovered the new atheist movement and is actively rebelling against all forms of religious doctrine eh?

It's ok. I was a lot like you as well when i was 21.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #318 on: July 02, 2018, 12:00:56 AM »
I will read that shit and make a thread where I do a post for every chapter, and I'll throw in some lies, and anyone who can figure out what the made up shit is will get a Marvel No-Prize.

El Babua

« Reply #319 on: July 02, 2018, 12:01:17 AM »
Using someone's success as a barometer of why I should give a shit is the same pitch I got when this dude tried to make me join Amway and kept telling me how many NASA scientists and CEOs are a part of it.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #320 on: July 02, 2018, 12:02:12 AM »
I will read that shit and make a thread where I do a post for every chapter, and I'll throw in some lies, and anyone who can figure out what the made up shit is will get a Marvel No-Prize.
Can you give me someone you actively listen to (podcast or otherwise) or read ? Maybe you can enlighten me.

Using someone's success as a barometer of why I should give a shit is the same pitch I got when this dude tried to make me join Amway and kept telling me how many NASA scientists and CEOs are a part of it.
Wait a decade or two and have this same mentality when you seek a surgeon for a healthcare issue.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #321 on: July 02, 2018, 12:03:17 AM »
new atheist

I been shitting on sam harris and chris hitchens all over this place, keep up

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #322 on: July 02, 2018, 12:03:56 AM »
new atheist

I been shitting on sam harris and chris hitchens all over this place, keep up
Ok, so show me real defeat. Give me something.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #323 on: July 02, 2018, 12:06:04 AM »
Can you give me someone you actively listen to (podcast or otherwise) or read ? Maybe you can enlighten me.

ahahahaha "oh yeah well who do you like????"
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:13:10 AM by Mandark »

El Babua

« Reply #324 on: July 02, 2018, 12:07:21 AM »

Wait a decade or two and have this same mentality when you seek a surgeon for a healthcare issue.

I probably won't be asking Ben Carson what he thinks about society if I needed to get surgery done :yeshrug

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #325 on: July 02, 2018, 12:08:16 AM »

ahahahaha "oh yeah well who do you like????"
  ???

nah, i'm genuinely interested. Besides old guards, who do you actively listen to or follow now? From whom do you bounce your own intuition off of? An intellectual? A politician? A writer?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #326 on: July 02, 2018, 12:08:50 AM »
dave rubin

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #327 on: July 02, 2018, 12:09:22 AM »

I probably won't be asking Ben Carson what he thinks about society if I needed to get surgery done :yeshrug
Besides a crack dealing rap artist who would you ask then?

dave rubin
I wouldn't even ask Dave Rubin. Keep up.

You can't even think of someone, can you? geez.

benjipwns

« Reply #328 on: July 02, 2018, 12:11:46 AM »
That makes me think of a funny part about Daddy P's crusade, and it was mentioned in the Dave Rubin fills other peoples water glasses part I watched, how he's helping people and how people come up to him or whoever and say "I got my life together, etc."

Daddy P never examines it from a clinical psychologist perspective as to what exactly he's perhaps unintentionally providing these people with that he has such an effect on them, instead he ignores that path entirely to see it as further justification to pursue his political jeremiad.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #329 on: July 02, 2018, 12:15:49 AM »
That makes me think of a funny part about Daddy P's crusade, and it was mentioned in the Dave Rubin fills other peoples water glasses part I watched, how he's helping people and how people come up to him or whoever and say "I got my life together, etc."

Daddy P never examines it from a clinical psychologist perspective as to what exactly he's perhaps unintentionally providing these people with that they he has such an effect on them, instead he ignores that path entirely to see it as further justification to pursue his political jeremiad.
He's stated multiple times over this isn't political. Take him at his word or not.

The guy is an academic, has had decades to formulate his beliefs and viewpoints but Boy Genius has him figured out and surely knows what he hasn't thought of.  ::)

You all are so much smarter. Seriously, you all have it figured out. It's why 90% of you have mental health issues or are depressed. You need Peterson into your lives. let him in bros. Save yourselves  :lol

:doge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #330 on: July 02, 2018, 12:17:37 AM »

I'm sorry I can't super serious internet battle you about jp, but it's cause we don't even disagree

you don't buy his metamyth bs and neither do I, and how are we gonna rumble when we're on the same side?

agrajag

« Reply #331 on: July 02, 2018, 12:19:06 AM »
as I predicted, Assclown had to google some shit to find out what daddy P is actually all about, and now he has to embarrassingly double down on chaos dragons and shit.

REAL SCIENCE, YOU DUMB ATHEISTS

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #332 on: July 02, 2018, 12:25:14 AM »

I'm sorry I can't super serious internet battle you about jp, but it's cause we don't even disagree

you don't buy his metamyth bs and neither do I, and how are we gonna rumble when we're on the same side?
i do agree with him on a lot things. And he's turned my viewpoint on religion around, or at least has made me think differently about it's historical significance. That doesn't mean i agree with him on everything.

For example, his description on the necessity for both conservatives and liberals in a hierarchy and why conservatives were always better suited for running a company, or being managers. I always 'knew it' from a anecdotal or experienced sense, considering most of my managers were conservatives but a lot of the owners or CEOs tended to be liberals but i never knew why.

If anything he does make sense, wether you believe he's right or wrong and that's why he's continuously invited to lecture and debate.

as I predicted, Assclown had to google some shit to find out what daddy P is actually all about, and now he has to embarrassingly double down on chaos dragons and shit.

REAL SCIENCE, YOU DUMB ATHEISTS

What did i tell you about going to go douche

:ufup

agrajag

« Reply #333 on: July 02, 2018, 12:28:36 AM »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #334 on: July 02, 2018, 12:30:39 AM »
I for one would like to applaud J.Petes on leading multiple staunch atheists to god by telling them to clean their room.
Sure,  as long as he doesn't make them go allahu akbar     ;)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #335 on: July 02, 2018, 12:31:51 AM »
Wank Dad 2 is pretty disappointing, to be honest. Different protagonist who isn't as good, a tired retread of the previous storyline, meandering subplots that don't go anywhere. And it doesn't really add anything to the extended universe. 2 out of 5 stars.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #336 on: July 02, 2018, 12:31:51 AM »
He's stated multiple times over this isn't political. Take him at his word or not.

The guy is an academic, has had decades to formulate his beliefs and viewpoints but Boy Genius has him figured out and surely knows what he hasn't thought of.
well, i wasn't going to go that way but...

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #337 on: July 02, 2018, 12:32:42 AM »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #338 on: July 02, 2018, 12:33:29 AM »
Wank Dad 2 is pretty disappointing, to be honest. Different protagonist who isn't as good, a tired retread of the previous storyline, meandering subplots that don't go anywhere. And it doesn't really add anything to the extended universe. 2 out of 5 stars.
Next up: the dog censors speech some more. Now that's predictable.

:piss  :doge  :piss2

agrajag

« Reply #339 on: July 02, 2018, 12:33:57 AM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #340 on: July 02, 2018, 12:36:12 AM »
Next up: the dog censors speech some more. Now that's predictable.

:piss  :doge  :piss2

There's no speech worth defending in this thread.
dog

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #341 on: July 02, 2018, 12:36:38 AM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #342 on: July 02, 2018, 12:37:02 AM »

agrajag

« Reply #343 on: July 02, 2018, 12:39:05 AM »

vagrajag the vagina.  :snoop

settle down Sensitive Macbook Trackpad, here's another music video for your shit thread

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #344 on: July 02, 2018, 12:42:23 AM »
The live Talking Heads performances are so qualitatively different from (and often, better than) the studio ones that they're one of the few bands for which looking up live versions of their songs is actually a worthwhile endeavor. Here's Born Under Punches live. The studio version is a good song in its own right, but this performance eviscerates.

每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #345 on: July 02, 2018, 12:44:06 AM »
Assy McGee should be barred from posting again until he reads one of JP's books and then writes us a 2000-word book report.
dog

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #346 on: July 02, 2018, 12:45:10 AM »

settle down Sensitive Macbook Trackpad, here's another music video for your shit thread

You're right. We should lock this thread until i wake up.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #347 on: July 02, 2018, 12:47:07 AM »
Anyway, here's another Talking Heads track:

dog

agrajag

« Reply #348 on: July 02, 2018, 12:49:21 AM »
 :doge

:rejoice

:tauntaun

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #349 on: July 02, 2018, 12:50:34 AM »

She covered the entire album and it's pretty good.

benjipwns

« Reply #350 on: July 02, 2018, 12:51:07 AM »
imagine how different life would be if the talking heads hadn't fallen into cultural marxism and instead cleaned their room

benjipwns

« Reply #351 on: July 02, 2018, 12:52:47 AM »
am i doing this right?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #352 on: July 02, 2018, 12:53:31 AM »
as a libertarian you're obligated to only post Rush videos

Tasty

« Reply #353 on: July 02, 2018, 12:56:25 AM »

I'm hoping Wank Dad 3: Magus' Revenge ends the trilogy on a high note.

benjipwns

« Reply #354 on: July 02, 2018, 12:59:10 AM »
this forum is turning into a constant brutal assault on my masculinity

agrajag

« Reply #355 on: July 02, 2018, 12:59:39 AM »

agrajag

« Reply #356 on: July 02, 2018, 01:01:05 AM »
this forum is turning into a constant brutal assault on my masculinity

It's like that time when Wrath pressured Andrex into turning gay, it keeps happening!

shosta

« Reply #357 on: July 02, 2018, 01:01:26 AM »
每天生气

Nola

« Reply #358 on: July 02, 2018, 01:02:34 AM »

I'm hoping Wank Dad 3: Magus' Revenge ends the trilogy on a high note.

Maybe that's when they will save the plot twist that Optimus is actually Assimilate's daddy?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Honestly, it would be one of those developments you thought was too stupid and obvious that no way they go that direction.
[close]

shosta

« Reply #359 on: July 02, 2018, 01:03:22 AM »
Assimilate is my cousin and I was the one who invited him to this forum.
每天生气