Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 606670 times)

agrajag

Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #360 on: July 02, 2018, 01:06:43 AM »
Assimilate is my cousin and I was the one who invited him to this forum.

ban both of them

Nola

« Reply #361 on: July 02, 2018, 01:07:26 AM »
Assimilate is my cousin and I was the one who invited him to this forum.

That is definitely sequel territory, have to save the dad reveal for the capstone.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #362 on: July 02, 2018, 01:08:46 AM »
Listen, if we're going to be posting Todd Rundgren...

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #363 on: July 02, 2018, 01:09:42 AM »
It's not true, but you two believed it for a second, huh?
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #364 on: July 02, 2018, 01:12:26 AM »
Reminder: Assimilate does not actually believe JP can divine the secret meanings of existence by reading bedtime stories, so no need to argue with him like he does.

agrajag

« Reply #365 on: July 02, 2018, 01:12:30 AM »

I don't believe anything you say

Nola

« Reply #366 on: July 02, 2018, 01:16:46 AM »

Even if only sharing like 10% of your DNA, no way the audience could buy Shosta and Assimilate being of that close of a genetic tree. That's why the sequel would end up a disappointment and a mess.

Thats why you'd have to make up for it in the third film and ground the twists in more obvious believability. Optimus = Assimilate, I could maybe buy it.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #367 on: July 02, 2018, 01:18:27 AM »
Assimilate, what is your greates achievment?
cleaning his room*

*launch date: TBA

kingv

« Reply #368 on: July 02, 2018, 01:44:10 AM »
That makes me think of a funny part about Daddy P's crusade, and it was mentioned in the Dave Rubin fills other peoples water glasses part I watched, how he's helping people and how people come up to him or whoever and say "I got my life together, etc."

Daddy P never examines it from a clinical psychologist perspective as to what exactly he's perhaps unintentionally providing these people with that he has such an effect on them, instead he ignores that path entirely to see it as further justification to pursue his political jeremiad.

I kind of think him as like the new Mystery! or one of those other pickup artist guys. Like, they have so me good advice, but the good advice is actually really really simple, and they hide it behind a bunch of ridiculous bullshit to explain it.

Like “clean your room”, “have some self respect”, and “stop acting like such a pussy” is not bad advice, but this cuckolded dragon and flaccid king shit is just there to dress up the fact he’s giving you a dad talk telling you to get your head out of your ass.

Similarly, you’ll find dudes who will tell you that being a PUA changed their life... most of the advice is dumb, but wash your ass, try to dress yourself in a way that looks nice... or is at least interesting, and talk to a lot of chicks ends up being pretty good advice for a 25 year old that’s never kissed a girl but wants to.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #369 on: July 02, 2018, 01:53:32 AM »
A lot of self-actualization material is a mix of obvious but constructive advice on one hand and the author's own pet theories and obsessions on the other.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #370 on: July 02, 2018, 02:10:36 AM »
If the Marvel No-Prize was actually a real thing I'd win.  Just saying.  You other guys would lose.  I'd win. 

benjipwns

« Reply #371 on: July 02, 2018, 05:25:25 AM »
Cultural Marxists strike again just as Daddy P warned us: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/07/library-association-removes-laura-ingalls-wilder-from-book-award/
Politically correct radicals are now beating up on Laura Ingalls Wilder, the author of the beloved “Little House on the Prairie” children’s books, which inspired a long-running TV series starring Michael Landon that ran from 1974 to 1983.

The Association of Library Services for Children, a part of the larger American Library Association, has unanimously voted to strip Wilder’s name from a prestigious book award it has given since 1954. The reason? “Wilder’s legacy, as represented by her body of work, includes expressions of stereotypical attitudes inconsistent with ALSC’s core values of inclusiveness, integrity and respect, and responsiveness.”

To its horror the group notes that Wilder’s novels include “statements by white characters portraying Native Americans as dirty, lazy, and dangerous.”
The example that almost every Wilder critic cites is this passage in book she wrote in 1935:

There the wild animals wandered and fed as though they were in a pasture that stretched much farther than a man could see, and there were no people. Only Indians lived there.

Every other example simply reports on the attitudes of one character or another on Native Americans.

What the critics often don’t note is that Wilder was mortified when, before her death in 1957, a reader pointed out the passage to her. Wilder promptly wrote her publisher:

You are perfectly right about the fault in Little House on the Prairie and have my permission to make the correction as you suggest. It was a stupid blunder of mine. Of course Indians are people and I did not intend to imply they were not.

The word “people,” was replaced with the word “settler.”
But despite the memories of Mrs. Scott and the hostility of the character Ma in the books, there are other voices taking the other side. Pa, for instance, is sympathetic to the Indians. They “would be as peaceable as anybody else if they were let alone.” Pa says. “On the other hand, they had been moved west so many times that naturally they hated white folks.”

Wilder’s characters frequently debate what stance the settlers should take toward the tribes, and they often provide valuable context that puts the discrimination shown against Native Americans into perspective.
But we know the real reason is that these librarians are striking out in anger at her daughter (and sometimes suspected author) libertarian Rose Wilder Lane due to their hatred of freedom and desire to impose a brutal anti-masculine lifestyle as seen in most progressive cities.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #372 on: July 02, 2018, 08:54:33 AM »
Wank Dad 2 is pretty disappointing, to be honest. Different protagonist who isn't as good, a tired retread of the previous storyline, meandering subplots that don't go anywhere. And it doesn't really add anything to the extended universe. 2 out of 5 stars.

"My gerbil could write a better screenplay."

Assy McGee should be barred from posting again until he reads one of JP's books and then writes us a 2000-word book report.

I've already told you this. Ban him for every post in this thread a day until he comes back (since he'll have SO MUCH FREE TIME to actually read a 46-page goddamn book) and then tells us what it's about.

thisismyusername

« Reply #373 on: July 02, 2018, 09:26:28 AM »
Yes, but I want the book report from Assy McGee. >:(

benjipwns

« Reply #374 on: July 02, 2018, 01:56:38 PM »
We already know what it's about: The Cold War and how to fix it with chaos dragons. And the Cold War ended, and we have to assume that Peterson was responsible.

:rejoice Daddy P :rejoice

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #375 on: July 02, 2018, 07:54:24 PM »
Daddy P back on Joe Rogan

Haven't listened to it yet. Should be a good one.

kingv

« Reply #376 on: July 02, 2018, 08:00:52 PM »
The incellectual.

You know how I know he is a scammer? He has a Patreon.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #377 on: July 02, 2018, 08:03:19 PM »
Daddy P back on Joe Rogan

Haven't listened to it yet. Should be a good one.

serge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #378 on: July 02, 2018, 08:04:54 PM »
The incellectual.

Why? he was putting on hours and hours of his own lectures on youtube.

Assimilate you didn't answer my question.
I'll let you know in 8 months if i get the position i want, that would be my greatest professional accomplishment. I've attained all those other ones.

Oblivion

« Reply #379 on: July 02, 2018, 08:20:00 PM »
The incellectual.

Why? he was putting on hours and hours of his own lectures on youtube.

Come on, mang. You're just regurgitating the same talking points over and over now. At least etoilet knew how to find creative ways of repeating the same things.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #380 on: July 02, 2018, 08:27:41 PM »
#freeetoilet
duc

TVC15

« Reply #381 on: July 02, 2018, 08:27:50 PM »
If you really want to build hype, Assimilate, you should go away for the next 8 months.
serge

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #382 on: July 02, 2018, 08:29:35 PM »
indeed. we're a bunch of starving dogs around here. take a sabbatical, plump up, and we'll all have a better time

all this nostalgia for the days of milk and magus has me pining for dem superior cuts of meat. when mandark is straight-up phoning it in, and we haven't had one good ron paul moment or even a dead kid, the trough must be dry indeed

the feels
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:33:50 PM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Leadbelly

« Reply #383 on: July 02, 2018, 09:09:11 PM »
Not Wank Dad, but one of Wank Dad's handy helpers.

TVC15

« Reply #384 on: July 02, 2018, 09:21:37 PM »
This be my wank dad

serge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #385 on: July 02, 2018, 09:40:54 PM »

i'm not a fan and find him really annoying

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Daddy Peterson stays crushing
« Reply #386 on: July 02, 2018, 09:42:57 PM »
elsewhere in the hollow world of bona fides: i wasted about 10 facebook posts arguing with a principal boeing engineer about chemtrails.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Leadbelly

« Reply #387 on: July 02, 2018, 10:01:21 PM »

i'm not a fan and find him really annoying

lol
You've had pages of nothing and now you're telling me you don't like it? Well, that is all I can find from the dark wank dad brigade. You'll have to wait until someone else cracks one off.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #388 on: July 02, 2018, 10:10:54 PM »

lol
You've had pages of nothing and now you're telling me you don't like it? Well, that is all I can find from the dark wank dad brigade. You'll have to wait until someone else cracks one off.
I'm not following? I don't like dave rubin.

Leadbelly

« Reply #389 on: July 02, 2018, 10:19:45 PM »
I'm talking about your thread and the lack of videos from the intellectual dark web. I thought I would I would help you out.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #391 on: July 02, 2018, 10:34:28 PM »
The only time i've seen Peterson laugh or crack a smile more than once was when he was being interviewed by Jim Jefferies.

It shows the power of Jefferies, really.

curly

• cultural maoist

agrajag

« Reply #393 on: July 02, 2018, 11:03:54 PM »
careful with all the Rubin jokes, or Opti might have to don his cape again to defend Rubin' honor

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #394 on: July 02, 2018, 11:07:19 PM »

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #395 on: July 03, 2018, 02:32:34 AM »
I like dragons
you should teach at Harvard

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #396 on: July 03, 2018, 10:36:11 AM »
imagine dragons
duc

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #397 on: July 03, 2018, 10:40:04 AM »
Yeah, but towers with dragons and witches and lobsters is all good eh, fam?
If your discussing ancient literature and myths then....But imagine being so autisty that you can't understand context eh, fam?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:45:01 AM by Assimilate »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #398 on: July 03, 2018, 12:04:34 PM »
If your discussing ancient literature and myths then....But imagine being so autisty that you can't understand context eh, fam?

Wow, what an autis m.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #399 on: July 03, 2018, 12:05:50 PM »
https://m.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #400 on: July 03, 2018, 12:28:50 PM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/sexist-men-sex-women-attracted-relationship-benevolent-sexism-a8429061.html
Women are more attracted to potential mates who have a “benevolent sexism” trait - despite the “detrimental effects” of these attitudes on women, a new study says.

The study, published in Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin by Pelin Gul from Iowa State University and Tom Kupfer from the University of Kent, built on previous definitions that psychologists have used to categorise sexism into two categories - hostile sexism (HS) and benevolent sexism (BS).

According to the definitions, hostile sexism refers to the sexism that is negative in nature and fits the “classic definition of prejudice.”

Benevolent sexism, however, is sexism which views women in a stereotypical way with restricted roles which tends to “elicit behaviours typically categorised as prosocial,” according to psychologists.

Examples of BS include thinking of women as homemakers, or being gentle and nurturing.   

In the new study, researchers concluded that women are actually attracted to mates with benevolent sexism attitudes as the behaviours signal that a man is “willing to invest.”
However, from a feminist standpoint, the study itself raises many concerns; Harriet Minter, a broadcaster, women’s rights journalist, and host of Badass Women’s Hour told The Independent: “The reality is that there’s nothing ‘benevolent’ about sexism. Sexism, like every other -ism, is based on power and reinforcing the dominant partner’s status. So ‘benevolent sexism’ is, to me, a contradiction in terms."

Despite the findings of the authors - that benevolent sexism attitudes make men appear capable of providing and protecting - Minter does not believe referring to such actions as “benevolent sexism” justifies the behaviour.

“If anything it just adds to the patronising, patriarchal narrative that still exists around men and women's interactions,” she told us. “You don't buy someone dinner because you're being benevolent, you do it because you care about them and want to treat them, regardless of their gender, regardless of whether you're in a romantic relationship and, most importantly, with no assumption as to what this means about your status in comparison to each other.

“Sexism exists when one party assumes their gender gives them a higher or more special status than the other person, if you're acting in a certain way towards a woman because you think it is your duty as a man rather than simply your duty as a human, then there is a level of sexism there.”
Harriet Minter has never taught at Harvard.

kingv

« Reply #401 on: July 03, 2018, 01:45:18 PM »

No wonder my wife won’t agree to go to work while I stay home and cook and play video games.

Really... it is the patriarchy that keeps me from reaching my potential in titanfall.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #402 on: July 03, 2018, 03:14:27 PM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/sexist-men-sex-women-attracted-relationship-benevolent-sexism-a8429061.html
Women are more attracted to potential mates who have a “benevolent sexism” trait - despite the “detrimental effects” of these attitudes on women, a new study says.

The study, published in Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin by Pelin Gul from Iowa State University and Tom Kupfer from the University of Kent, built on previous definitions that psychologists have used to categorise sexism into two categories - hostile sexism (HS) and benevolent sexism (BS).

According to the definitions, hostile sexism refers to the sexism that is negative in nature and fits the “classic definition of prejudice.”

Benevolent sexism, however, is sexism which views women in a stereotypical way with restricted roles which tends to “elicit behaviours typically categorised as prosocial,” according to psychologists.

Examples of BS include thinking of women as homemakers, or being gentle and nurturing.   

In the new study, researchers concluded that women are actually attracted to mates with benevolent sexism attitudes as the behaviours signal that a man is “willing to invest.”
However, from a feminist standpoint, the study itself raises many concerns; Harriet Minter, a broadcaster, women’s rights journalist, and host of Badass Women’s Hour told The Independent: “The reality is that there’s nothing ‘benevolent’ about sexism. Sexism, like every other -ism, is based on power and reinforcing the dominant partner’s status. So ‘benevolent sexism’ is, to me, a contradiction in terms."

Despite the findings of the authors - that benevolent sexism attitudes make men appear capable of providing and protecting - Minter does not believe referring to such actions as “benevolent sexism” justifies the behaviour.

“If anything it just adds to the patronising, patriarchal narrative that still exists around men and women's interactions,” she told us. “You don't buy someone dinner because you're being benevolent, you do it because you care about them and want to treat them, regardless of their gender, regardless of whether you're in a romantic relationship and, most importantly, with no assumption as to what this means about your status in comparison to each other.

“Sexism exists when one party assumes their gender gives them a higher or more special status than the other person, if you're acting in a certain way towards a woman because you think it is your duty as a man rather than simply your duty as a human, then there is a level of sexism there.”
Harriet Minter has never taught at Harvard.
Not sure what the push to make sure women can work as much as you. "look my wife works 60 hours a week" how fucking woke of you and i'm sure she looks super swell to.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #403 on: July 03, 2018, 04:07:33 PM »
Bringing looks into it, cool.
püp

Oblivion

« Reply #404 on: July 03, 2018, 04:43:04 PM »
Yeah, but towers with dragons and witches and lobsters is all good eh, fam?

it's like you've never seen this dude's videos

agrajag

« Reply #405 on: July 03, 2018, 04:43:55 PM »
Jordan Peterson: the Folklore Historian

:neogaf

thisismyusername

« Reply #406 on: July 03, 2018, 04:51:13 PM »
You still haven't read the book? :goty2

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #407 on: July 03, 2018, 05:08:00 PM »

While you were Communist Party-ing, I was studying the blade...

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #408 on: July 03, 2018, 05:09:24 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

While you were Communist Party-ing, I was studying the blade...
That's actually a pretty cool picture  :obama

Tasty

« Reply #409 on: July 04, 2018, 01:24:59 AM »
A good friend on a forum I moderate is falling under Daddy P's spell. :(

TVC15

« Reply #410 on: July 04, 2018, 01:34:02 AM »
The pages of my copy of Wittgenstein’s Poker were partially sealed close with a glob of tomato sauce from pizza from a few days ago. True story.
serge

shosta

每天生气

shosta

« Reply #412 on: July 04, 2018, 05:09:00 AM »
I haven't seen that image since 2008
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #413 on: July 04, 2018, 06:00:46 PM »
So Jordan Peterson also spoke at the Oxford Union as well as Dave Rubin. So you do get a Wank Dad video after all.

agrajag

« Reply #414 on: July 04, 2018, 06:05:34 PM »
Rubin must be so smart, he was invited to speak at Oxford. Checkmate, boretards.

Leadbelly

« Reply #415 on: July 04, 2018, 06:52:31 PM »
Rubin must be so smart, he was invited to speak at Oxford. Checkmate, boretards.

Well, he interviews people. You're not really going to get an amazingly thought-provoking speech.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #416 on: July 04, 2018, 08:45:35 PM »
So Jordan Peterson also spoke at the Oxford Union as well as Dave Rubin. So you do get a Wank Dad video after all.

I posed that already, breh. And it's a good one.

Oblivion

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #418 on: July 05, 2018, 11:43:08 PM »
:dead

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #419 on: July 07, 2018, 03:44:40 PM »