Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 600215 times)

jakefromstatefarm

Re: Daddy Peterson stays crushing
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2018, 10:52:20 PM »
but clearly based on his lack of intellectual curiosity in general, the guy doesn't have it in him to radicalize himself to Peterson like the etoilet's that truly find self-worth in finding those perceived intellectual arguments that reinforce their biases.
remember how etiolate would actually try to digest the information he was consuming and mould it into something singular and coherent -however unevenly or half-heartedly? You could tell he legit cared because he would weigh the claims presented to him by the purveyors of the internet manosphere and deliberate which ones to assent to and which to discard. It’s just, what he cared about was being a righteous contrarian and martyr for the cause against all those fifth columnist radicals who dont have the common sense to see how infected they all are.

It’s clear that assimilate isn’t playing the same game given that he regurgitates whatever party line bullet point is being talked about this news cycle. that he also indulges in the personality cult pomp and splendor (but it’s really only for the lulz, you autists) indicates he’s really only in it for the chicanery and spectacle.

Mandark

• Icon
Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2018, 10:56:02 PM »
yeah, that's why I just keep pushing the point that he's never going to read peterson's shit

the only comeback to that is to actually read the book, which would be a much bigger L for him than me

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2018, 11:05:23 PM »
the key to getting the room for jake's posts to breathe is to not let assimilate or whoever derail the thread, and I'm not optimistic

Cryo

« Reply #183 on: June 30, 2018, 03:53:19 AM »
assimilare let us know if you need some new sources for talking points so you don’t have to pretend you’re bored

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #184 on: June 30, 2018, 07:30:07 AM »
filler trying to fill the etoilet sized hole in his heart with assimilate's half assed trolling is so sad  :(

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: Daddy Peterson stays crushing
« Reply #185 on: June 30, 2018, 09:05:12 AM »
I don't see the bold as 'bigoted'. I honestly don't think it's going to be a net benefited to society to strip men of their masculinity. Believe it's some alt-right talking point all you want, but i actually see it happening and it's not going to result in positive outcomes like you think it will.

And yeah some people are born smarter than others. This is just reality dude. I know I wasn't born to be solving string theory. It's better off admitting this now and moving on then pretending otherwise.

Who said anything about stripping men of their masculinity? Unless you consider masculinity to be making more money than women for working the same job and being able to harass them without being condemned. Which basically means masculinity is to be babied. Don't think that's very masculine to be honest. There being some invisible war on masculinity is an alt-right talking point, yes.

Some people are born smarter than others is very different than what you posted, and I quote: "do i believe there could be a genetic difference between races in intelligence? -yes" you specified races. There's no science to back this up and it's essentially a racist view. It's also an alt-right talking point. Are you dense? Or do you just not want to associate yourself with trumpkins even though you pretty much agree with their views?

Go ahead, Assy. Continue.
I had to come back to this
Unless you consider masculinity to be making more money than women for working the same job

Can you show me where this is true? Because my understanding, or what i have read, i could be wrong, is that men make more money than woman on average, but it never took into account the type of job, education, etc.
Gap figures are calculated by taking the annual median earnings of full-time working women and dividing them by the median earnings of full-time working men

I don't blame you for not understanding it, it's easy to just listen to the narrative and believe it. Who has time to constantly look this shit up besides Nola since he's habitually unemployed, but yeah it's bullshit dude lol. Complete and utter bullshit.

I'm sure discrepancies happen but it's not what you've been lead to believe. Unless of course you think Monique deserves to get paid the same as Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle lol.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #186 on: June 30, 2018, 09:11:17 AM »
assimilare let us know if you need some new sources for talking points so you don’t have to pretend you’re bored
Here's a source
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=wL1F22UAAAAJ&hl=en

Peterson is one of the top publishing psychology professors in Canada and has been cited thousands of times over  :rofl

So much for him being a pseudoscientist eh?  :lol

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #187 on: June 30, 2018, 09:42:22 AM »
The gender pay gap is a fun one to Google;  the data to me still obviously suggests there is a problem, and anyone dismissing the idea isn't coming close to proving anything.  There's literally a Forbes article where they just say "but men work more hours than women, so a study of full time employees COULD be for women working 35 hours and men 40."...uhhh.. you think maybe just find the number?  lol

What to me seems convincing is the fact that even with the exact same education level, women entering the workforce make less money.  This includes college grads and higher education;  is it possible that job choice is what is doing it?  Really?  Women with a college degree take jobs that pay on average 25% less? What jobs are these? 

Also, I worked for a Fortune 50 where it was proven by the government the women were systematically underpaid in the early 2000s.  A company of 160,000 employees.  Just a small case of that surely!

Could the stats be exagerated?  Sure;  that does not remotely prove the gender pay gap false though.
Um, a lot. Most of the girls i knew, besides a select few took jobs like teaching, social work, daycare, clerical work, and part time jobs after graduating college.

There were a few girls, the overachieving types that went on to be accountants and lawyers, but even they by the time they reached late to 20s early 30s slowed down considerably and no longer wanted to be career seeking females. A few of them dropped out of the workforce completely after getting married, these were really smart females. Of course this is anecdotal.

There's been various outlets that have tried to do better with the data, and after accounting for age, education, job field, etc there was still a gap, but was less than 5 cents on the dollar.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:56:53 AM by Assimilate »

kingv

« Reply #188 on: June 30, 2018, 10:52:10 AM »
The gender pay gap is a fun one to Google;  the data to me still obviously suggests there is a problem, and anyone dismissing the idea isn't coming close to proving anything.  There's literally a Forbes article where they just say "but men work more hours than women, so a study of full time employees COULD be for women working 35 hours and men 40."...uhhh.. you think maybe just find the number?  lol

What to me seems convincing is the fact that even with the exact same education level, women entering the workforce make less money.  This includes college grads and higher education;  is it possible that job choice is what is doing it?  Really?  Women with a college degree take jobs that pay on average 25% less?  What jobs are these? 

Also, I worked for a Fortune 50 where it was proven by the government the women were systematically underpaid in the early 2000s.  A company of 160,000 employees.  Just a small case of that surely!

Could the stats be exagerated?  Sure;  that does not remotely prove the gender pay gap false though.

At most big companies, at least, the pay policies are very tight, and for an entry level position you are almost definitely going to make the same amount of money as another entry leve person on the same team/job description.

It makes me think that any discrepancy at time of first real job almost has to be driven by what job you choose. I still think there is probably a difference, but think it mostly arises from things happening later.

As for the IQ-race connection, arguing it is kind of a fools gambit either way. There is not widespread agreement on what are the genetic factors that determine a “race” or what IQ tests actually measure. That sort of makes it difficult to even describe the bounds for which that argument even exists.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2018, 11:36:43 AM »
What i'm interested in if i put my conspiracy theory/marxist hat on for a moment is where does this idea that working until you drop is some type of virtue? What's with this narrative that women should aspire to working absurd amount of hours and trying to earn as much as possible? There's few men that like to do it, those so few hyper competitive guys that want to be CEOs, and i'm sure there's even less women that are like that.

So where does it come from? Is it:

1. liberals in hollywood and new york that have these cozy high paying media jobs and they think the rest of the female population can get these jobs instead of the normal 9-5 brutal grinds inside of an office?

2. is this manipulation by elites to trick more people into working crazy hours for stagnant wages? "hey girl you don't need to live a balanced life,or be a mom, you should work work work work"

There's an episode in Handmaid's tale where a woman literally virtue signals that she works so much she doesn't have time for anything else. Reminded me of that superbowl car commercial from a few years ago where the guy championed being an "american" and working endless hours so he can buy a nice house and a really nice car.

It seems like a trick to me.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2018, 12:37:42 PM »
FEEEEEMALES
duc

Tasty

« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2018, 12:52:06 PM »
:quark

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #192 on: June 30, 2018, 01:15:06 PM »
is female a derogatory word now? what was i supposed to call them? zirs?

You fuckers are nuts

:trumps

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2018, 01:41:53 PM »
Assy comically misses the point of the income inequality debate and instead uses it as a way to whine about females, who could have seen that coming?
You know i could have just ripped you for being an autistic moron that easily bites off the political bullshit that you fall for, but i didn't. I attempted to genuinely converse with you about your misconception.

Go figure. Last time i do that you fucking unibrow fuck.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2018, 01:56:34 PM »

You fuckers are nuts

Womyn

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2018, 01:57:51 PM »
Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is habitually intolerant may constantly accuse other people of being intolerant. It incorporates blame shifting.
You're a psychology major now or you just a google keyboard warrior like Nola and the rest of the dimwits?

You guys aren't even that great at it considering how you all went ape shit and had a field day over that shitty NY times piece and the part on enforced monogamy 'derp peterson wants to inferior incels to be given femals yall, derpy derp i'm autistic'

Stay getting annihilated by Daddy Peterson at 1:06:46

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2018, 02:07:36 PM »
Rooting through 90 minute videos to show leftists they're wrong. Not triggered.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2018, 02:12:45 PM »
Having a giggle = triggered and going apeshit
Having a giggle... you bitches went on tirade in that other thread. giggling over something you didn't even understand  :lol

agrajag

« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2018, 02:17:11 PM »
Goddamn what a dumb motherfucker

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #199 on: June 30, 2018, 02:50:58 PM »
Goddamn what a dumb motherfucker
Keep getting wrecked loser

:tauntaun

Daddy P slapping you with those Ls

agrajag

« Reply #200 on: June 30, 2018, 03:09:08 PM »
You've been getting a train run on you the entire thread. Maybe you need to sign up for some therapy sess's from Daddy P for the emotional trauma it must be causing you

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #201 on: June 30, 2018, 03:25:17 PM »

You fuckers are nuts

:trumps

i hope this won't  strain your imagination or your sense of vocabulary but: women
duc

Mandark

• Icon
Let's do it for page 5
« Reply #202 on: June 30, 2018, 03:45:47 PM »
:drudge assimilate is never going to read jp's dumb book cause even he thinks jp's bedtime story theories are dumb :drudge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: Let's do it for page 5
« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2018, 03:58:59 PM »
You've been getting a train run on you the entire thread.
  :crowdlaff

that's like the equivalent of being at the park and a group of autisms calling you poopy pants

:drudge assimilate is never going to read jp's dumb book cause even he thinks jp's bedtime story theories are dumb :drudge
which book? Maps of Meaning?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2018, 04:02:48 PM »
https://www.academia.edu/20852194/RELIGION_SOVEREIGNTY_NATURAL_RIGHTS_AND_THE_CONSTITUENT_ELEMENTS_OF_EXPERIENCE

you can start with this
Bro, i work. I'll do something that's on audiobook... either maps of meaning or 12 steps.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2018, 04:08:36 PM »
you got 20 minutes free if you wanted

you're not gonna read it cause you think telling people how to live based on the brothers grimm is silly, and you're right

agrajag

« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2018, 04:12:37 PM »

that's like the equivalent of being at the park and a group of autisms calling you poopy pants

Bro, you shouldn't talk. Your idea of "owning" someone consists of calling everyone autistic and making up kindergarten level nicknames for people.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2018, 04:18:43 PM »
You've been getting a train run on you the entire thread. Maybe you need to sign up for some therapy sess's from Daddy P for the emotional trauma it must be causing you

Assy McGee has long since shown that he is perfectly fine with this because it at least provides that one thing he craves: attention.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 04:25:30 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2018, 04:33:40 PM »
 :piss :doge :piss2

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #210 on: June 30, 2018, 04:35:27 PM »

Bro, you shouldn't talk. Your idea of "owning" someone consists of calling everyone *incoherently screeching* and making up kindergarten level nicknames for people.
My idea of owning someone is pointing out what they thought they had Daddy P on was nothing more than them being braindead and not even understanding what the guy was saying.

I was also asked my thoughts on something that isn't even fucking true. And where did the kid get it from? Libby media. Because you know, if the media says it's true, it must be true.

But then the circle jerk will happen and we'll get "har har look at this idiot he's being triggered". It's becoming predictable.

:birb

agrajag

« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »
Who's the kid?

Predictable coming from someone whose posts mostly consist of "autists, libtards, triggered, beak, unibrow, *MAAAARVEL* (autistic screeching intensifies)"

:nope

J Pet is a charlatan huckster and you don't really care about him.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2018, 04:39:57 PM »
Who's the kid?

Predictable coming from someone whose posts mostly consist of "autists, libtards, triggered, beak, unibrow"

:nope

J Pet is a charlatan huckster and you don't really care about him.
Read the last page. I attempted to have an honest conversation since Exodus since kept pestering me but after he got exposed he backtracked to "oh this idiot didn't get the point"

come on man.

agrajag

« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2018, 04:47:26 PM »
 that's a curious interpretation of events  :lol

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2018, 04:52:54 PM »
Damn, some serious unibrowbeating going on in here.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2018, 04:56:23 PM »
Damn, some serious unibrowbeating going on in here.
:heh :mynicca

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #217 on: June 30, 2018, 05:00:45 PM »
that's a curious interpretation of events  :lol
This is what he honestly believed
Unless you consider masculinity to be making more money than women for working the same job

Go ahead, Assy. Continue.
I responded

Can you show me where this is true? Because my understanding, or what i have read, i could be wrong, is that men make more money than woman on average, but it never took into account the type of job, education, etc.
Gap figures are calculated by taking the annual median earnings of full-time working women and dividing them by the median earnings of full-time working men

I don't blame you for not understanding it, it's easy to just listen to the narrative and believe it. Who has time to constantly look this shit up besides Nola since he's habitually unemployed, but yeah it's bullshit dude lol. Complete and utter bullshit.

I'm sure discrepancies happen but it's not what you've been lead to believe. Unless of course you think Monique deserves to get paid the same as Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle lol.
riotous came back with the proper response to my post:

What to me seems convincing is the fact that even with the exact same education level, women entering the workforce make less money.  This includes college grads and higher education;  is it possible that job choice is what is doing it?  Really?  Women with a college degree take jobs that pay on average 25% less?  What jobs are these? 

Then Browboy decides to chime in with

Assy comically misses the point of the income inequality debate and instead uses it as a way to whine about females, who could have seen that coming?
In no subsequent post of mine did i whine about females, irr i mean women. He was simply triggered i exposed his autisty tendencies to believe everything he consumes from mainstream liberal media. He got mad and resorted to the same old same old.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #219 on: June 30, 2018, 05:04:47 PM »
https://www.academia.edu/20852194/RELIGION_SOVEREIGNTY_NATURAL_RIGHTS_AND_THE_CONSTITUENT_ELEMENTS_OF_EXPERIENCE

you can start with this
Bro, i work. I'll do something that's on audiobook... either maps of meaning or 12 steps.

lol of course you can't fucking read lmao

Tasty

« Reply #220 on: June 30, 2018, 05:07:39 PM »

Yeah but in this instance you're legitimately full of shit.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #221 on: June 30, 2018, 05:25:05 PM »
the beak, the dog, the brow and the coward  :lol aka the shitbin gang  :lol :lol

agrajag

« Reply #222 on: June 30, 2018, 05:26:08 PM »
the beak, the dog, the brow and the coward  :lol aka the shitbin gang  :lol :lol

don't forget the kid and the boy genius

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #223 on: June 30, 2018, 05:28:02 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #224 on: June 30, 2018, 05:32:42 PM »
benji is the boy genius, but who is the kid?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #225 on: June 30, 2018, 05:46:14 PM »

lol of course you can't fucking read lmao
Beaks, don't even try. Considering what you tried to do a few pages back

:foodcourt

If you thought I was going to take that post seriously then you're even dumber than I thought. Like lol who gives a shit about Monique?

Some of you are on the spectrum and can't even get the help you deserve. Stupid ass Obama. 

agrajag

« Reply #226 on: June 30, 2018, 05:49:14 PM »
benji is the boy genius, but who is the kid?

I think the kid is multiple people, depending on who assy tries to condescend, but benji was also the kid several times

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #227 on: June 30, 2018, 05:53:28 PM »
I normally hate going to youtube for serious discussions, but imo this series actually does a really good job of addressing the topics (decline of masculinity, "PC" culture, gender in the workplace, etc.) that keep coming up in this thread and its predecessor. I think even Assimilate would have a hard time dismissing it outright. Warning: I'm embedding like a dozen videos, so be careful if your browser bogs down easily.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2018, 06:03:40 PM »
Bro, I work, I don't have 20 minutes to read, only 16 hours a day to shitpost on message boards
And watch hour-long videos. Which he definitely has.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2018, 07:03:26 PM »

you can start with this

46 pages.

Christ, you're lazy. You can do that within an hour.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2018, 07:28:27 PM »

When was the last time you made a post on this forum that took you more than two seconds to type out?
dog

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2018, 07:30:33 PM »
dogmod mad  :lol

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2018, 07:30:38 PM »

When was the last time you made a post on this forum that took you more than two seconds to type out?

Joke's on you, that post took him 15 minutes.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2018, 07:39:47 PM »

Gonna take more effort than this, kid. :heh
dog

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2018, 07:41:30 PM »
I'm going to attempt to actually stay on-topic.  :snob

It's the Assy Holy Trinity of stupid horsefuckers with a special guest appearance by some other guy. I didn't watch the video. I would recommend no one else watch it either.  8)

Edit: not the Evergreen State college guy. They look kind of similar.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2018, 07:41:41 PM »

Gonna take more effort than this, kid. :heh

:jawalrus

tempting me just to censor me.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #236 on: June 30, 2018, 07:57:03 PM »

::)

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hi folks. As NeoGAF gets back to a more healthy, grounded, rational place, I've been asked by several folks about their account status. We all know a big clusterfuck happened last October/November, but there's a lot that went down actively against the interests of the site and the community that the present sysadmins and I did not know about. Our old platform had terrible system logging and there was one shortfall in particular that ended up causing problems: permanent bans were on an unsortable list that couldn't be checked over expediently to see if something was amiss. We relied on manual ban recording by mods and admins and general communication, and I vetted those aspects and the non-broken temporary ban list in the admin panel, and referred to the very inefficient raw moderation/system logs when something seemed fishy.

Mods and admins are human. I select NeoGAF mods carefully, but sometimes they don't turn out to be good fits when they take on the role. And sometimes, it turns out, one will work in secret and lie to everyone and sabotage the forum in various ways if the opportunity presents and they get emotionally tilted. That happened.

In 2016 US election primaries season, it appears some bias entered the picture on the moderation team regarding pro-Hillary sentiment and anti-Bernie sentiment that ended up with many of our reasonable Bernie supporters banned under suspicious justification. A lot of this happened in the "PoliGAF" subcommunity thread, however, which was very active but not something I kept enough tabs on since it was more like a chat room at times. Throughout the 2016 election season, Republican/conservative leaning voices were shouted out and baited by the community itself and some members of the mod team into getting banned, in part because of the lead-up where the forum was turning bizarrely aggressive with its Hillary support after incubating in that PoliGAF community thread. NeoGAF became one of the top 5 referring urls in the world to HIllary's campaign website according to Vice News. This was...weird.

Then the election happened and Trump won. One of my ex-admins, bishoptl, got angry about election-related matters and actively sabotaged the forum. He logged his bans that were justifiable within the site rules, and generally gave people appropriate ban explanation messages in those cases. However, he also banned several hundred more people in quick succession, out of anger, for *not being angry enough* about the election. He didn't log these bans administratively, he generally told the users something along the lines of "fuck off" in the user-facing message, and he lied to me at every turn when I was mobilizing to find out what the hell was going on with Off-Topic that seemed to be depriving it of all maturity, reason, sense, and moderate opinion suddenly. Finally I saw something suspicious enough play out that I checked the system logs, and everything revealed itself plainly. We were descending into madness because all the sane people were being stealth banned en masse by bish. I reviewed approximately 100 of the stealth bans one by one and reversed ~90% of them per the actual rules governing the site. But discourse here was already falling apart and our old platform sucked for communicating with users during mod actions, so people started account suiciding after I reversed the bans -- rightfully pissed off about the unjust nature of them. It was all a mess and I focused on trying to be a voice of reason on GAF itself and get the mod team onto a more neutral page going forward instead of going through the remainder of the bish bans.

Anyway, fast forward to last October's big drama. Angry mobs aren't rational actors. The people tasked with calming down angry mobs in a non-violent, just manner....well, sometimes they spray the crowd with rubber bullets and concussion grenades instead. Recently it's come to light that at least one of our ex-moderators mass stealth banned reasonable voices during the October drama who were saying nothing inappropriate and just arguing for a bit of calm. This changed my perception of events, too; it sank my heart to see my community apparently so willing to burn this place to the ground and say horrible, untrue things. But...a lot of the reasonable people were being actively silenced by rogue moderation. This came as quite a shock, but made sense immediately when I found out who it was. It also explained why about 75% of my PMs were supportive and yet it seemed like everyone on the forum itself was screaming for death and destruction. This was not a coincidence.

After that, too, we had an overstressed skeleton crew here and I knew there had been bad actors in the mix during everything, since private conversations under NDA had been leaked and so forth, so I brought in pro contractors for a while to moderate the forum while we regrouped and got some much needed rest. They weren't, shall we say, big on nuance or critical thinking. They were more following a simple flowchart and using a sledgehammer, so a lot of people got permed for relatively benign things and I don't know that it actually helped matters any in retrospect.

Way too many people lost their accounts unjustly. I apologize for my part in it. It was a difficult time and we didn't have great tools on the old-ass platform to detect foul play, and besides that the political circus in the United States introduced significant bias into the site moderation here.

I've pulled the rest of bishtoptl's post-election permanent bans, and the permanent bans performed by the ex-mod who stealth banned over 100 regulars simply for not participating in the witch hunt going on last October (sigh, what a wretched way to be), as well as a big chunk of the October/November permanent bans site-wide that were not performed up to our typical standards. I will review each ban personally, one by one, and reverse them as appropriate.

If you or someone you know has been banned unjustly, especially if it was around the time of the October 2017 drama or the post-election drama around Trump/Hillary time, or any other politically charged time like that, care will be taken to ensure fairness to you, so feel free to disclose it to me. I have a list of several hundred accounts from the known saboteur mods I will begin reviewing now and update with the results in here. If you would like your account reviewed and don't currently have NeoGAF posting access, email support@neogaf.com with Ban Review Request in the title and your account name in the body and I will add it to my list. Or tweet @NeoGAF with the same info.

If you ended up re-registering already and have a second account in good standing here that replaced your banned account, no worries, we're not going to punish for punishment's sake. Just mention it in this thread or PM me if you'd prefer discretion, note what your old account name was and anything you'd like to note about the circumstances, and I'll review your situation personally. In many cases I will be able to restore your old account and merge it with your new account so that you retain everything new and get your old account and post history reintegrated, too.

If you foamed at the mouth and said some stuff in all caps that wasn't very pleasant around drama-central, well, maybe PM me with some words about it. Time has passed and it was an intense situation where a lot of people were behaving irrationally. Some folks I've know on here for a long time participated in unfortunate, hurtful behavior. I'll tackle all that case by case too and I will hear everyone out. No guarantees in those cases, 'course.

We had at least a couple aggressively malicious actors internally that drastically changed outcomes at key moments in NeoGAF's recent history. Hundreds of bad bans happened directly against the policies and interests of the site and community. Things are chill here again and operating as intended and people are starting to want their accounts back. Time to undo some damage. Sorry for the mess, but let's get housekeeping.
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2018, 07:57:38 PM »
nothing of value would be lost  :yeshrug

agrajag

« Reply #238 on: June 30, 2018, 07:58:45 PM »

Edit: not the Evergreen State college guy. They look kind of similar.

that's his brother

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2018, 08:05:34 PM »
Are you going to read that 46 page book or not, Ass? Put Mandark in his place by putting up.