Author Topic: Soulsborne games thread - Demon's Souls PS5  (Read 82903 times)

Himu

Re: Soulsborne games thread
« Reply #300 on: May 14, 2019, 10:39:46 PM »
Near end game and haven't summoned for a single boss fight in Bloodborne so far. Proud of myself.
IYKYK

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #301 on: May 14, 2019, 10:47:01 PM »
summoning  :preach

pride :piss2
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #302 on: May 15, 2019, 03:13:59 AM »
Near end game and haven't summoned for a single boss fight in Bloodborne so far. Proud of myself.

Did you go to the mansion in the snow and fight the boss on the roof? That was the hardest fight for me in the main game. Fantastic area though.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #303 on: May 15, 2019, 06:37:50 AM »
I also never summoned in BB, not because i was against it, but i just forgot, tbh.
The bell system worked slightly differently than just seeing all the summon signs on the ground, so i just never remembered when it mattered.

Himu

« Reply #304 on: May 15, 2019, 09:14:37 AM »

Did you go to the mansion in the snow and fight the boss on the roof? That was the hardest fight for me in the main game. Fantastic area though.

I have unlocked cainhurst. I love the location hard. I have mass hard nipples when it comes to snow locales. It’s a big reason i adored Sekiro world design.

I’ve also unlocked nightmare frontier, mensis, and upper cathedral. I’m not sure which locale to do first but right now I’m leaning on cainhurst. Place is spooky as shit.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #305 on: May 15, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »

I have unlocked cainhurst. I love the location hard. I have mass hard nipples when it comes to snow locales. It’s a big reason i adored Sekiro world design.

I’ve also unlocked nightmare frontier, mensis, and upper cathedral. I’m not sure which locale to do first but right now I’m leaning on cainhurst. Place is spooky as shit.

Cainhurst & Upper Cathedral are completely optional areas. So don't save them for last or you might accidentally beat the game first and get into NG+

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #306 on: May 15, 2019, 04:48:56 PM »
Made it through Sens fortress up to the iron beast. Those snakes were annoying af.

Gotta kill that rock throwing giant before I take on the Iron Golem again.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #307 on: May 15, 2019, 06:33:05 PM »
Made it through Sens fortress up to the iron beast. Those snakes were annoying af.

Gotta kill that rock throwing giant before I take on the Iron Golem again.
BTW, there are
minor spoilers for Sen's Fortress
a total of 3 giants to kill in Sen.
[close]

naff

« Reply #308 on: May 15, 2019, 08:03:52 PM »
only need to kill the obvious fire bomb one near the iron golem fog gate to stop the rocks being hurled at you though
◕‿◕

Himu

« Reply #309 on: May 15, 2019, 11:53:25 PM »
Holy fuck

Cainhurst and Upper Cathedral done. I’ll do Nightmare Frontier tomorrow. When’s a good time to do the dlc?

Cainhurst might be my favorite locale in the game.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #310 on: May 16, 2019, 02:28:20 AM »
Iron Golem is down, what an easy fight with Lightning Spear.

Wish I could upgrade it, but getting rank 2 in the convent seems a right ole hassle

Bebpo

« Reply #311 on: May 16, 2019, 04:45:43 AM »
Holy fuck

Cainhurst and Upper Cathedral done. I’ll do Nightmare Frontier tomorrow. When’s a good time to do the dlc?

Cainhurst might be my favorite locale in the game.

Cainhurst is really great atmosphere.

You can do the dlc now but idk how challenging it’d be since it’s available mid-game and you’re endgame build. Idk I never played the dlc on normal stats, only NG+ where it was very challenging.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #312 on: May 16, 2019, 01:26:29 PM »
We will never get BB2 or (proper, horror themed) Demon's Souls 2, won't we?

*sigh*
Why would you think that? BB2 is the best card Sony can play when they need some "gamer cred", so they're not gonna squander it by releasing it a couple of years after the first one, on PS4, when they're already on top of the pile.

They'll cocktease people some more, and drop it on PS5 when needed.

Demon's Souls 2 on the other hand would be pointless, the world is basically Dark Souls and you got already 3 of those.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #313 on: May 16, 2019, 03:27:37 PM »
I really hope we will. Just playing DS1 now and thinking how much mlre atmospheric BB (and DS) were. BB is like a whole other level

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #314 on: May 16, 2019, 05:07:01 PM »
Had to do some mix and matching to get medium roll.

Gargoyle Helm
Crimson Robe
Dark Iron Legs and Arms

Himu

« Reply #315 on: May 16, 2019, 07:09:18 PM »
Playing these games for a few weeks has completely dulled my fighting game reflexes.

God dammit.

:beli
IYKYK

naff

« Reply #316 on: May 16, 2019, 08:18:53 PM »

idk how people stomach med roll in DkS1. i die so much more without speed roll. i'd rather play naked  :doge
◕‿◕

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #317 on: May 17, 2019, 12:30:02 AM »

idk how people stomach med roll in DkS1. i die so much more without speed roll. i'd rather play naked  :doge

Well u get some poise in return so u can actually block stuff too

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2019, 07:25:12 AM »
Everything is so slow in DkS1, that fast Rolling is really great, but yeah a bit of poise for when you encounter some questionable hitboxes, is always good.
I still rolled a 0 poise, DEX character though, with little to no trouble, because again, everyone is so fucking slow compared to the sequels.

That slow speed is why i love it (and Demon's) so much though.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2019, 09:45:34 AM »
Smoug and Ornstein

4 tries solo so far, was trying loghtning strike smoug first, ha one hit left

:ltg

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2019, 11:19:20 AM »
Smoug and Ornstein

You're doing Dex build or Faith build? either way, it's time to put the Lightning Spear to pasture, if you were still using that.
Last run i did a couple of weeks back (the one i mentioned above) i killed them real easy with a Uchi +15, elemental damage in this game already isn't great, but then you factor in that they are lightning resistant.

Also yes,
O&S minor spoiler
killing Orn. first is the easy way to go (though you don't get his cool as shit armor), because you can kite him away from Smough and he goes down fast, and lightning Smough is still easier than super Orn.
[close]

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2019, 02:42:38 PM »
Fuck me

Not only is there two fucking huge knights in front of orny and smoug, ive also been invaded 3 times by some ass

Bebpo

« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2019, 02:56:37 PM »
Fwiw, Smog & Ornestein are kinda legendary DS choke points, so it's not just you.

Himu

« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2019, 03:02:05 PM »

Found this after Glen mentioned it.

In Nightmare mensis and getting some items (want blood rock) before doing dlc.

Can’t believe the journey is almost over. :(

Nemsis design is incredible.
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2019, 03:19:48 PM »
Ebrietas is such a shit fight, but awesome music.

Bebpo

« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2019, 03:46:11 PM »
Ebrietas is a lore fight

Himu

« Reply #326 on: May 17, 2019, 04:09:54 PM »
is ebrietas the baby that was born once the moon turned red
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #327 on: May 17, 2019, 04:30:19 PM »
Nope

Himu

« Reply #328 on: May 17, 2019, 08:20:35 PM »
Reposted from Sekiro thread

Now that I’m at the end of BB I can say without a doubt that it is 100 times the game Sekiro is. Sekiro is good but...not nearly as good as BB. Combat, dungeon design, level design, variety, choices, customization, BB has it all. Sekiro is boring in comparison and I love Sekiro.

Sekiro might go down as goty for me, but Bloodborne is gotg. Amazing how much better BB is to me.

Either way, From is my favorite developer this gen. Haven’t played DkS3 yet but I have confidence they’ll remain in that camp unless Nintendo manages to top them (please announce new switch).

SEE WHAT GIVING THINGS ANOTHER CHANCE DOES?! Fuck the negativity on page one  :maf

I’m addicted to this formula now. Can’t wait for DkS1.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #329 on: May 17, 2019, 08:53:24 PM »
They really nailed what I love in my RPGs. I have tng played an rpg that tickles the buttons since...I’m really thinking here. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate? SMT4? Both almost released almost a decade ago. Oh, how I’ve suffered! And then I walk into Nemsis and take massive damage via frenzy just stepping into the light. Hardcore dungeon crawl shit. :rock I swear it’s straight out of SMT3’s Amala Labyrinth. I need actual dungeon crawling in my life to be satiated it seems. Going to give the EO games another shot. They never clicked as much as SMT did. I love me some crawlin’ but when your story and atmosphere are THAT barebones it’s hard to interest me. I need more than crawlin. I need some themes, symbolism, story. That said I like EO, so I’ll buy the whole series and go through them. I should replay Lufia II. :doge

What shocks me is how successful From has succeeded in translating the feel of a hardcore dungeon crawler like Wizardry and SMT into a third person action rpg. Bah gawd.

DUNGEON CRAWL SHIT *laser eyes*
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #330 on: May 17, 2019, 09:28:32 PM »
Yeah, I can see Dark Souls/BB being comparable to dungeon crawlers. Taking it slow & careful, watching item/health/mp management, that sense of dread never knowing what's ahead that could fuck you in an instant if you're not careful.

Himu

« Reply #331 on: May 17, 2019, 09:59:02 PM »
EO is pedo trash.

EO is good. Its character portraits are cute but yeah, it does have a pedo audience. But the actual games are good.
IYKYK

naff

« Reply #332 on: May 18, 2019, 12:50:00 AM »

Mid roll is fine. You still roll through everything and have that added armor for times when they clip you.

Fat roll :nah this is for challenge runs.

trading speed for 10-15% effective vit seems bad.

vid is dark souls 3, but damage calculation and defense work more or less the same in DkS1 and 3. iirc, there's some small differences in 2. you're so much faster in DkS1 under 25% vs 3 where under 30% is barely perceptibly faster than under 70 (mostly animation differences).

◕‿◕

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #333 on: May 18, 2019, 12:59:23 AM »
So what u mean is that Ornt is spanking me because I have mid roll?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #334 on: May 18, 2019, 12:59:56 AM »
Smoug and Ornstein

You're doing Dex build or Faith build? either way, it's time to put the Lightning Spear to pasture, if you were still using that.
Last run i did a couple of weeks back (the one i mentioned above) i killed them real easy with a Uchi +15, elemental damage in this game already isn't great, but then you factor in that they are lightning resistant.

Also yes,
O&S minor spoiler
killing Orn. first is the easy way to go (though you don't get his cool as shit armor), because you can kite him away from Smough and he goes down fast, and lightning Smough is still easier than super Orn.
[close]

Faith

naff

« Reply #335 on: May 18, 2019, 01:20:07 AM »
So what u mean is that Ornt is spanking me because I have mid roll?

prob not. i dont think it'll be helping tho.

could be any number of reasons, but evasion is the name of the game so improving that seems good. if you're trying to use reg lightning spear on these dudes, no melee, you be getting crushed. if you're pure faith you want to get a buff miracle for your wep asap (or imbue with green titanite) go get better miracles (hit catacombs and save the monk woman), emit force, wrath of the gods, greater lightning spear (even though they're lightning resistant you should do a fair bit of dmg with gls).

gotta kill smough first for ornsteins armour. it's the real guy way to play that fight.
◕‿◕

Himu

« Reply #336 on: May 18, 2019, 02:16:05 AM »
MIKOLASH
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #337 on: May 18, 2019, 02:30:09 AM »
Smough isnt lightning resistant, i got him down to like 1% with Lightning spear while dodging orny.

My mace is +10 now

I feel that maybe if I had Solaire along I could kill them but when u summon solaire u need to fight those two giants first as he wont follow u into the fight otherwise it seems.

Also need to be offline so I dont get invaded again.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #338 on: May 18, 2019, 02:31:40 AM »
Ah, Kos. Or as some say, Kazaam!
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #339 on: May 18, 2019, 02:45:06 AM »
Kos or KOSM!

Or...

KOSMA! :o

NOW THAT IM WAKING UP I’LL FORGET EVERYTHING :bow THIS GAME
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #340 on: May 18, 2019, 02:56:59 AM »
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #341 on: May 18, 2019, 01:19:45 PM »
Wrapped up the Undead Settlement; making short work of that mini Boreal frost knight and that large fire demon thing, and beat the Curse-Rotted Greatwood.  It took me a about 3 tries, but wasn't too difficult overall.   Onward to Road of Sacrifices.  This game is freakin' fantastic so far.  I don't know why I sat on this game for so long. (Been in my backlog for almost a year).   :-[
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 01:31:15 PM by Svejk »

Himu

« Reply #342 on: May 18, 2019, 01:41:56 PM »
TYING GESTURE TO TOUCHPAD IS FUCKING STUPID.

Fuck this generation and its awful controllers!
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #343 on: May 18, 2019, 03:18:47 PM »
so bloodborne ties gestures to touchpad right? Well my current pad doesn't really have a working, traditional ps4 touchpad. There's a part in bloodborne where you have to use a gesture on an enemy to get a super good rune. You cannot hit gestures from the main menu, you can only do so from the gesture menu hidden behind the touch pad. I think it's a flaw tying a feature like that behind the touchpad. Is that a legitimate criticism or am I jjust pissed that I don't have a working ps4 controller? In dark souls you can hit gestures from the main menu so it's hard for me to not consider it completely distinguished mentally-challenged. Am I over blowing this?
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #344 on: May 18, 2019, 03:30:54 PM »
you're just pissed you have a broken controller
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #345 on: May 18, 2019, 04:14:11 PM »
Moon rune, brain of Mensis
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #346 on: May 18, 2019, 04:45:24 PM »
Bought new DS4.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 05:02:58 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #347 on: May 18, 2019, 08:42:30 PM »
I don’t recognize any of that shit. Seems to be shit I ignored because I can’t use it.
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #348 on: May 19, 2019, 02:23:59 AM »
Fuck those big ass crabs!  :ltg

Bebpo

« Reply #349 on: May 19, 2019, 03:03:28 AM »
They’re Hunters Tools. Most have an Arcane stat requirement that requires you to put a few points in, and the ones that do damage scale with the stat. They consume blood bullets.

Hunter’s Bone enhances your dodge, and it made Undead Giant (chain version) way easier.

Yeah I don’t think I used any of them outside the bone giving more iframes in your dodge.

Svejk

« Reply #350 on: May 19, 2019, 03:58:32 AM »
Defeated the Crystal Sage in Road of Sacrifices easy enough.  Now, not sure whether to pursue Farron Keep or Cathedral of the Deep.  Love the branching path.  The fasion soules bug is starting to itch too.  This game, man.   :whew

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #351 on: May 19, 2019, 08:00:19 AM »
Defeated the Crystal Sage in Road of Sacrifices easy enough.  Now, not sure whether to pursue Farron Keep or Cathedral of the Deep.  Love the branching path.  The fasion soules bug is starting to itch too.  This game, man.   :whew
I suggest you clean up farron keep, since it's full of goodies, but then do the cathedral, before continuing down that path.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #352 on: May 19, 2019, 08:19:00 AM »
Killed orny twice and got smough down to 50

Himu

« Reply #353 on: May 19, 2019, 06:02:19 PM »
Fun but feel overleveled here.

Doing dlc now and thankfully I’m not overleveled here. :)
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #354 on: May 19, 2019, 11:17:15 PM »
lv 73
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #355 on: May 20, 2019, 10:29:58 PM »
Holy fuck The Old Hunters does NOT play. :brazilcry
IYKYK

El Babua

« Reply #356 on: May 21, 2019, 01:16:07 AM »
Yeah Old Hunters NG+ is cray-cray, that's why I always make new characters after every Fromseoft DLC announcement.  :doge

Himu

« Reply #357 on: May 21, 2019, 01:45:16 AM »
As my first From DLC, I have to say that it's impeccably designed.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #358 on: May 21, 2019, 02:35:47 AM »
Want to thank From Software for being directly responsible in me loving non-fighting games again.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #359 on: May 21, 2019, 05:02:34 AM »
Feel like giving up, burned through all my 10+ humanity on smough