Author Topic: Soulsborne games thread - Demon's Souls PS5  (Read 82868 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Soulsborne games thread
« Reply #360 on: May 21, 2019, 05:32:56 AM »
Ill give this another go another time, cant be arsed trekking back through sens fortress to farm humanity in the sewers.

Great game and I had the right tactic to beat smough, just needed more tries.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #361 on: May 21, 2019, 11:25:23 AM »
Ill give this another go another time, cant be arsed trekking back through sens fortress to farm humanity in the sewers.

Great game and I had the right tactic to beat smough, just needed more tries.
I think you're better off farming levels than humanity.
When you summon, the bosses even get more HP, IIRC.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #362 on: May 21, 2019, 12:30:37 PM »
Just kite them behind the pillars and only get the save hits. You'll manage it.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #363 on: May 21, 2019, 12:40:31 PM »
Really? Maybe there is hope still

Svejk

« Reply #364 on: May 25, 2019, 12:27:27 PM »
Tied up some loose ends in Road of Sacrifices.  Took out that Black Knight guy.  Ventured onto Farron Keep and did the 3 flame puzzle to open that door.  Poison levels suck.  There seems to be a boss door, but gonna come back later and head to Cathedral of the Deep first. 

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #365 on: May 25, 2019, 01:07:43 PM »
Tied up some loose ends in Road of Sacrifices.  Took out that Black Knight guy.  Ventured onto Farron Keep and did the 3 flame puzzle to open that door.  Poison levels suck.  There seems to be a boss door, but gonna come back later and head to Cathedral of the Deep first.
Another bonfire first, but yeah, good call.

Svejk

« Reply #366 on: May 25, 2019, 01:42:14 PM »
Yeah, I can hear some metal clanging commotion going on behind the door... thought it's best to just wait. lol

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #367 on: May 25, 2019, 01:46:00 PM »
Yeah, I can hear some metal clanging commotion going on behind the door... thought it's best to just wait. lol
No actually, i thought you meant the big door you open with the 3 flames, if you mean the door past that, yeah then it's a boss door.

Svejk

« Reply #368 on: May 26, 2019, 02:54:35 PM »
Cathedral of the Deep is pretty awesome so far.  These areas are huge.  Unlocked one of the shortcuts to that bonfire in the chapel.  I need to do some more exploring to figure out how to unlock that other shortcut and get to that giant, lumbering in that grand hall. 

Used the Katana +3 for the majority of the game till now.  Using the Frost sword now though.  It's only a few points lower than the Katana but uses much less stamina (plus the high Frost damage). 

My one gripe with this game though, is the sound design.  Being able to clearly hear enemies behind solid walls is a bit distracting.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #369 on: May 26, 2019, 03:15:51 PM »
Frost Sword is this game's Drake Sword, tbh.
I am compelled to use it all the time, especially if you buff it up with Twinkling titanite, there's a couple of tough bosses you annihilate with it (both of which you haven't faced yet).
Every 3 hits or so does frost damage to them, which is a huge chunk of health, and being a long sword, it's fast and staggers easily.

Bebpo

« Reply #370 on: May 27, 2019, 12:26:28 AM »
Cindi, still playing Bloodborne?

Himu

« Reply #371 on: May 27, 2019, 02:42:03 AM »
Yeah took break because of dlc. Back into it tho.
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #372 on: May 27, 2019, 12:06:43 PM »
Also get the Hollowslayer Greatsword if you can.
Went ahead and got this...  and holy shit is it awesome!  I was expecting a two hander, but this beast goes one handed much easier than expected.  Was able to level it up twice too...  needless to say, it fucks shit up good.
That being said, I destroyed EVERYTHING in Cathedral of the Deep.   :cody  The 2 giants were a joke and the Deacons of the Deep?...   :foodcourt   Could be a bit OP atm....  but I say, good:win 
It was certainly a pretty cool area though.  Next weekend, gonna go back to finish Farron Keep and venture forth. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 12:13:09 PM by Svejk »

Svejk

« Reply #373 on: May 27, 2019, 04:35:44 PM »
After looking it up, it's sounding like I completely missed the opportunity to help, or fight, Sirris of the Sunless Realms.  :(  Dammit I wanted her armor set! 

Svejk

« Reply #374 on: May 27, 2019, 04:56:16 PM »
Here's my current Ashen one

(spoiler tagged for size)
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #375 on: May 29, 2019, 07:33:32 PM »
Playing through DS3 for the first time and it's blowing me away. I died an embarrassing number of times to Abyss Watchers, but honestly, with how fun the fight is I didn't want it to end quickly. Plus I was trying out a bunch of different builds, like iron flesh quickstep thrall axe, which was fun but had trouble with time to cast. Kept dying with a sliver of life on the boss. Ended up beating them with a bastard sword. Never took that many attempts again but after hitting the princes yesterday, they might set a new record. I could barely do any damage to Lothric at all, let alone win.

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #376 on: May 29, 2019, 08:18:38 PM »
It feels a little unfair with the teleportation and wildly swinging the camera around. On the bright side, it's another opportunity to try out new ideas. I didn't use a shield for blocking (just parrying) the whole game so far, but I tried using magic shield here. It's effective but for me having a shield up ruins my dodging reflexes, so it isn't worth it. Bastard sword doesn't seem fast enough and even the uppercut was somehow failing to do damage to Lothric. Thrall axe short range is bothering me. Morningstar trading doesn't work. I'll try upgrading a straight sword, which I've heard might be the strongest weapon type in the game.

Edit: beat them on the 2nd try this time (using dragonslayer axe 2-handed). Now that I wasn't frustrated, I calmly glanced around the room to dodge the teleport beam. I was still really bad at hitting Lothric, but that just made the fight take a long time, since I could dodge everything.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 04:06:47 AM by Thirty-Ought-Six »

Svejk

« Reply #377 on: May 29, 2019, 08:23:59 PM »
I just fought the Abyss Watchers.  :)  It took me a few tries, but their stagger was a bit crazy.  Not sure if it was my weapon or not.  This game is damn good.

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #378 on: May 31, 2019, 05:13:25 PM »
Holy fuck Sister Friede... awesome fight but I'm really going to have to grind levels this time.

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #379 on: May 31, 2019, 07:21:02 PM »
I got to Friede at level 38 +6 weapon, leveled to 45 +8 on her so far, going to go to 55 or 60 though.

Svejk

« Reply #380 on: June 01, 2019, 12:16:43 PM »
Finished the Catacombs of Carthus last night.  Do you all suggest doing Smoldering Lake or Irithyll of the Boreal Valley next?

Also, is it worth attempting to heal the dark sigil?  It's like around 95K souls atm.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #381 on: June 01, 2019, 12:46:23 PM »
Finished the Catacombs of Carthus last night.  Do you all suggest doing Smoldering Lake or Irithyll of the Boreal Valley next?

Also, is it worth attempting to heal the dark sigil?  It's like around 95K souls atm.
Smoldering Lake is optional, so i guess that one, but it's also an absolutely miserable area, in my opinion, with one of the worst bosses in the whole series.

Svejk

« Reply #382 on: June 02, 2019, 01:36:35 AM »
Finished the Smoldering Lake.  Yeah, that area kinda sucked ass.  But I managed to luckily get the Old Demon King on my first try!
Seemed to have some weirdness at the end where I got stuck inside his club...

Just realized I left the stupid mic audio to record too... hearing me frantically hit buttons.  >:(  Deleted it. 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 05:07:02 PM by Svejk »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #383 on: June 02, 2019, 01:51:12 AM »
Yeah that boss is all sorts of glitchy.
I hated it with a passion, because it's "hard" in all the wrong ways (in my particular case, it constantly lost the lock on).
On top of looking very generic, of course.

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #384 on: June 02, 2019, 06:37:10 AM »
Defeated Friede. Hardest Souls boss I've ever played, but so fun!

Also beat
Gael
[close]
. While not quite as hard... he's my favorite Souls boss ever. I lost once because my fingers got so sweaty I couldn't hold the controller. It's a beautiful fight, I wish I had recorded that one.

El Babua

« Reply #385 on: June 02, 2019, 09:45:56 AM »
Agreed, would have loved to see a version of the vanilla game with Gael and the Ringed City as the true final boss. Soul of Cinder should have been the DS3 version of the Shura ending.

Also, the dialogue after you give the dark soul paint to the little girl is the true ending to the series, bringing everything full circle.

Svejk

« Reply #386 on: June 02, 2019, 10:21:07 AM »
Sounds like the dlc should be a must for DS3.  Can/Should it be played mid-game? Or more post?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 11:17:09 AM by Svejk »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #387 on: June 02, 2019, 12:24:25 PM »
Sounds like the dlc should be a must for DS3.  Can/Should it be played mid-game? Or more post?
I played only about half of the first one (then i got fed up with the whole thing) but i'd definitely suggest post game, it can get brutal.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #388 on: June 03, 2019, 01:06:24 AM »
def play the dlc. the painted world especially is great. i did it around SL100 and breezed through  :doge
◕‿◕

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #389 on: June 03, 2019, 03:06:34 AM »
2/10 pfft, gtfoh borys
◕‿◕

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #390 on: June 03, 2019, 05:01:14 PM »
I was sure
Aldrich
[close]
will pop out from the sarcocigarillous after the fight :( It would make 10x more sense than his actual location.

3 years later some DS3 alpha leaks confirm he was supposed to be fought there, in the Cathedral! What should have and could have been!

Word filter :rofl

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2019, 08:56:08 PM »
Still had some optional bosses left to go, Nameless King and Midir. Both were awesome, I love this game!
Looking up at Nameless King in the sky atop a dragon preparing to throw a lightning bolt down at you is the coolest visual in the game
[close]

Svejk

« Reply #392 on: June 07, 2019, 03:02:44 PM »
Bout to take on the Irithyll of the Boreal Valley.  This place looks damn beautiful...

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #393 on: June 07, 2019, 03:24:59 PM »
Bout to take on the Irithyll of the Boreal Valley.  This place looks damn beautiful...

(Image removed from quote.)
Top 5 places in any Souls game.
At least visually.

Svejk

« Reply #394 on: June 07, 2019, 03:29:20 PM »
Wait for it.................................
If this is about that huge wolf/opossum looking thing that came out of nowhere, this shot was right after I defeated it.    :whew

Bebpo

« Reply #395 on: June 07, 2019, 04:39:53 PM »
hahaha

Svejk

« Reply #396 on: June 09, 2019, 03:39:04 PM »
Damn... 2 of those opossum beasts things?!?  Fuuuu... Glad they don't respawn.  For whatever stupid reason, the last one took me like 6-7 tries.  My chi must've been misaligned.  Bout halfway through Ithyrill Dungeon right now.  Trying to find a way down to the level from where that giant is standing.

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #397 on: June 13, 2019, 06:12:23 PM »
Had my most fun invasion yet. In NG+ I got invaded right as I was walking up to fight the Stray Demon. A single hit from the Demon would take almost my entire health bar, so if the invader just waited for that they could easily kill me. I tried chasing him while dodging, and every time I'd get some attacks in he would run to safety next to the Demon and heal. This went on for a while, until... the Demon takes a big swing at me, and kills the invader standing between us in one shot.

Apparently neither of us realized while the Stray Demon doesn't target invaders, he can hit them.

Svejk

« Reply #398 on: June 14, 2019, 08:06:05 AM »
Was hoping to have DS3 finished by this weekend, but that's not gonna happen.   :-\  Will need to take a break to play Bloodstained.  But I will come back! And I WILL beat a Souls game!!!  :salute

Svejk

« Reply #399 on: June 15, 2019, 03:02:59 PM »
Finished the Anor Londo area.  Aldrich was a bit of a pain in the ass, but made it after about 4-5 tries.  Made it to the Profaned Capital bonfire.  Still got some nooks and crannies to go back to in Irithyll Dungeon.  Tell you what... Getting cursed in this game fucks me up bad. It's spikes like crazy, even with my curse defense being decent (I think).  The world design in this game is all sorts of awesome. 

Bebpo

« Reply #400 on: June 15, 2019, 04:34:41 PM »
Oh, I thought the wait for it was meant for Pontif Sulyvahn fight after that. I remember that being one of the tougher bosses in DS3.

Svejk

« Reply #401 on: June 15, 2019, 06:18:27 PM »
I've only played about half of DS2:SotFS, and DS3 currently, so most of this is all new to me.

Svejk

« Reply #402 on: June 16, 2019, 12:50:15 PM »
Wow... Yhorm the Giant? ... Didn't even hurt me.  I even took a video snag to look back and verify, and not even his AOE fire attacks were taking any HP off.  ???  Needless to say, he was cake.  I did have the onion Knight with me too though, but still.....  he literally was not hurting me and my sword does some good damage too. Took less than a minute to defeat...

Now the Dancer??.... Wtf.  I tried for an hour straight to defeat that bitch.  FINALLY beat her though.. by far the hardest boss fight in this game to me so far.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 01:25:03 PM by Svejk »

Himu

« Reply #403 on: July 06, 2019, 10:12:40 PM »
FUCKING LUDWIG
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #404 on: July 06, 2019, 10:25:20 PM »
I have not summoned to beat a boss the entire game and reconsidering that for Ludwig.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #405 on: July 06, 2019, 11:00:50 PM »
Hahahaha, glad you're back to Bloodborne Cindi. You can beat Ludwig without Summoning. I did. The only one I ended up summoning on was the rooftop boss you beat Master Logarius or whatever.

Are you at least getting to the 2nd part of the Ludwig fight?

"Aah, you were at my side, all along" is probably the best bit of dialogue in all the Souls games.

Himu

« Reply #406 on: July 07, 2019, 12:12:54 AM »

Did I play badly?

First form is horse shit.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 02:29:47 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #407 on: July 07, 2019, 03:24:15 AM »
It’s really tough fight with huge hit boxes. Can’t really give any strategy analysis since it’s been years since I played it. Just keep trying and getting used to the patterns and don’t give up. Ludwig became internet famous at the time because it was a huge choke point in the expansion. People really struggled with it and many memes were made.

Also the DLC only gets harder from here lol, although the second boss is way easier (beat it on my first try), the final dlc area & boss though will make Ludwig seem normal difficulty.

*edit* watched your vid, oh you beat it, haha. Nice job!

Himu

« Reply #408 on: July 07, 2019, 03:34:31 AM »
Also the DLC only gets harder from here lol

Nooooo :tocry

How far am I in the dlc? I thought it was getting close to the end.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #409 on: July 07, 2019, 03:49:47 AM »
1/3rd. 3 parts, 3 bosses.

Himu

« Reply #410 on: July 07, 2019, 03:50:24 AM »
:tocry
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #411 on: July 07, 2019, 01:59:51 PM »
Now that Bloodstained is finished, bout to jump back on the Soul train.   :hyper

Himu

« Reply #412 on: July 07, 2019, 08:41:53 PM »
Is there a way to make Dark Souls Remastered look as good as Dark Souls 1? The remastered versions lighting is horrific and ruins the artistic choice of darker lighting while at the same making the graphics worse because it gives the more dated textures more light.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #413 on: July 08, 2019, 03:12:52 AM »
Beat the Wet Nurse.

Now all I have to do is finish the DLC. Ugh.
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #414 on: July 08, 2019, 04:11:19 AM »
Say hi to the orphan for me.

Bebpo

« Reply #415 on: July 10, 2019, 05:34:39 PM »
Beat the Wet Nurse.

Now all I have to do is finish the DLC. Ugh.

Well, and the final boss...

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #416 on: July 11, 2019, 05:50:04 AM »
It's kind of sad that Cindi is basically playing the best Souls games and then going back to worse ones.

Himu

« Reply #417 on: July 11, 2019, 08:34:12 AM »
Maria and the living whatever were easy af. Thank god after Ludwig.
IYKYK

El Babua

« Reply #418 on: July 11, 2019, 10:58:41 AM »
Ludwig was the hardest one for me too.

Also didn't help that I missed a shortcut and had a long-ass run back to him.  :doge

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #419 on: July 11, 2019, 07:31:18 PM »
I inadvertently cheesed Maria my first time with Holy Moonlight Sword L2 charge attack. It can knock her down over and over as long as you have silver bullets.

She has a really cool moveset in her final phase so I missed out.  :-\
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 07:37:53 PM by Let's Cyber »