Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remake |OT| The Unknown Journey Will Continue  (Read 134968 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
They went all in on the Honey Bee Inn huh :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
They went all in on the Honey Bee Inn huh :lol

Well I mean that's all there is right? The shit after that is coming in the next game(s)

Cut up fake ass remaster fuck this game
What

Himu

That dub :lol
IYKYK

Svejk

They don't want this game to sell because they have yet to drop a demo that's been out for almost half a year.  Fuck you Sony.. Squenix.. whoever's to blame.  I want to try the combat... That'll be the deciding factor for me.. if it's Grandia battling fun, I'll be all-in no matter the acting/story/whatever.  Already know what happens  :doge

Vit-Symty

Looks like Uematsu isn't heavily involved with the music going by what he said here: https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/final-fantasy-vii-remake-composers

On the plus side, Hamauzu and the best composer currently employed at Square Enix, Mitsuto Suzuki, are involved ...alongside some others I don't care to name.

Hamauzu and Suzuki! :rejoice

Svejk

As long as they don't completely change the music to something else, I'll be ok. (I'm still highly bitter over Lunar:SSS music being changed from Sega CD to PS1... anywho)  I'd much rather they spruce up the OG tracks, which seems to be the case from what I've seen. 

Himu

Given FFX ost updates in the hd version this is not good news for the remakes soundtrack.
IYKYK

Vit-Symty

I completely forgot about the arrangements done for FFX HD... And I agree, it was totally unnecessary. Still, it doesn't mean Hamauzu is a bad choice for FFVIIR because of it. His compositions in games like WoFF, The Legend of Legacy, and The Alliance Alive were really great and they came out long after FFX HD. Though I can understand his style of music might not fit FFVII but we'll see.

Suzuki on the other hand, is a required taste (maybe), but I love his music so much. His battle themes in Mobius Final Fantasy would probably give most of you an aneurysm.

The other composers involved worked on FFXV and KHIII (not Shimomura). Naoshi Mizuta or Junya Nakano would have been better choices. I say Nakano because I miss his style of music, just give him something please.

Honestly, I'm just glad Ishimoto isn't involved. He just sucks.

As long as they don't completely change the music to something else, I'll be ok. (I'm still highly bitter over Lunar:SSS music being changed from Sega CD to PS1... anywho)  I'd much rather they spruce up the OG tracks, which seems to be the case from what I've seen.

Well, you best hope Suzuki doesn't go full electronic music mode (I hope he does).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 12:30:20 PM by Vit-Symty »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Nobuo Uematsu  :rejoice

:kermit
What

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
The soundtrack sounds great. It's the writing and voice acting direction that's subpar. I'm being genuine in saying that FFX released 18 years ago has better writing and voice acting direction than a 2020 released Final Fantasy game.

It's like Final Fantasy has had a very specific curse since after FFXII. A huge budget is pumped into Final Fantasy to make it a visual spectacle, with good gameplay and music typically, while every single other aspect is fucked beyond belief.

OH!

Himu

The soundtrack sounds great. It's the writing and voice acting direction that's subpar. I'm being genuine in saying that FFX released 18 years ago has better writing and voice acting direction than a 2020 released Final Fantasy game.

It's like Final Fantasy has had a very specific curse since after FFXII. A huge budget is pumped into Final Fantasy to make it a visual spectacle, with good gameplay and music typically, while every single other aspect is fucked beyond belief.

Its happened since late 2000's. Square used to have the highest standards, not just related to Final Fantasy, and not just related to Square Japan. It was the entire company. The voice acting and translation work for FFXII was beyond anything at its time. Valkyrie Profile 2 ran in 1080p on the fucking ps2. Those were Square standards.

Today Square has no standards. Oh, they have good graphics. Sure. But back in the day, Square would make sure the entire package was A+.

Now Square USA is trash and Square Japan doesn't give a fuck.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:06:17 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

Of course this entire lack of high standards of old calls into question SE's argument that they only wanted to do VII remake if they could blow the original out of the water. The original FFVII was translated with glue and sticks. It wasn't even on par with FFVI's or CT's Woolsely translations. Rather than go all out and give it the all star treatment with an AO Smith standard translation and scripting, even the voice acting isn't even on par with something like FFX or the original KH.

Pathetic really.

I have a friend that actually worked on this game English voice cast and I'll unfortunately be playing the game in Japanese.
IYKYK

Himu

Heidegger's new design is fantastic.
IYKYK

Himu

The trailer gives hope that Aerith is still a badass spunky street smart girl. :heartbeat

Also shout out to the weirdos that are mad it's Aerith now when it has been canonized as Aerith since 2002 when KH1 came out. :sabu
IYKYK

Himu

I forget her name atm but the shinra chick domming it up was prefect characterization. Can't wait till her and Tifa have a slap fight to determine who's the real bad bitch.

Scarlet and yeah she looked badass. Perfect translation. Also Palmer :lol

I  hope in the remake they change it so it's a punch fight. The slap fight was really sexist especially after Tifa finally gets her big moment. :ree
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Who was that guy who gets off the bike and wants to fight Cloud (again)? Don't remember such a scene from the original.

Vit-Symty

Who was that guy who gets off the bike and wants to fight Cloud (again)? Don't remember such a scene from the original.

Roche. He's a new character.

Raist

Heidegger's new design is fantastic.

Kinda miss fatty longbeard Heidegger  :(

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
They don't want this game to sell because they have yet to drop a demo that's been out for almost half a year.  Fuck you Sony.. Squenix.. whoever's to blame.  I want to try the combat... That'll be the deciding factor for me.. if it's Grandia battling fun, I'll be all-in no matter the acting/story/whatever.  Already know what happens  :doge
Demos don't sell games, on the contrary, they deflate hype and dissuade potential buyers if they can't sell the larger context in a small time frame.
At least, for high profile projects like these, they're pretty pointless, unless you have to use them to sell other products (like Type-0).

Svejk

Demos don't sell games, on the contrary, they deflate hype and dissuade potential buyers if they can't sell the larger context in a small time frame.
At least, for high profile projects like these, they're pretty pointless, unless you have to use them to sell other products (like Type-0).
I can see that... however, there were certain recent demos that drove mad hooks into me... for example, I probably wouldn't have considered Nier:A if not for the demo...  I never played a demo over and over again like that since MGS1 Playstation Magazine demo disc.  :lol  But now on the other hand, with VR and comfort levels, I feel it should be madatory to have demos for VR games.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 05:32:55 PM by Svejk »

bluemax

Demos are a surprisingly large amount of work to put together and they often derail a project for a significant period of time, especially demos for trade shows.
NO

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: New Final Fantasy VII TGS trailer that looks like the other trailers is out!
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2020, 09:35:22 AM »
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: New Final Fantasy VII TGS trailer that looks like the other trailers is out!
« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2020, 09:46:52 AM »
out here in 2020 getting brand new Rule 34 Cloud :lawd
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake
« Reply #263 on: February 06, 2020, 07:10:20 AM »
Timed-exclusive to PS4 until April 2021.

ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #264 on: February 06, 2020, 07:11:28 AM »
Well maybe part 2 is out by then

:lol
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #265 on: February 08, 2020, 07:21:04 AM »
Timed-exclusive to PS4 until April 2021.

(Image removed from quote.)
:goty2
Plenty to play in between, but still...

paprikastaude

« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2020, 07:49:41 AM »
is that really going to be written on the cover?  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #267 on: February 14, 2020, 07:26:34 AM »

ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #268 on: February 14, 2020, 08:51:31 AM »
Midgar looks so freakin good.
dog

Svejk

« Reply #269 on: February 14, 2020, 09:38:06 AM »
I can't bring myself to watch it... it'll just make me spend money on it.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2020, 01:17:44 PM »
hot damn that looks great
püp

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2020, 01:35:27 PM »
I think the bird at the beginning is from Spirits Within?!
QED

Raist

« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2020, 01:43:37 PM »
They retconned the beautiful starry sky night into some mako reactor fart particles?

Pre-order cancelled :rage

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2020, 01:48:42 PM »
It was always mako reactor fart particles, breh.
dog

Svejk

« Reply #274 on: February 14, 2020, 01:51:27 PM »
I caved and watched it... about to cave and preorder it.  When that title screen splashed...  :dsp

Himu

« Reply #275 on: February 14, 2020, 01:51:50 PM »
sweet jesus my heart
IYKYK

Raist

« Reply #276 on: February 14, 2020, 01:54:17 PM »
No, fuck that. There was a clear cut between that bit and Aeris :hmph

To me it will always be a starry night sky. Which basically foreshadowed the whole calamity from the sky thing. :hmph

And that's that :hmph

Himu

« Reply #277 on: February 14, 2020, 01:57:44 PM »
No, fuck that. There was a clear cut between that bit and Aeris :hmph

To me it will always be a starry night sky. Which basically foreshadowed the whole calamity from the sky thing. :hmph

And that's that :hmph

Huh? Starry night? It's just stars. It's the planet and represents the multiple people within it. Then it clearly transitions to mako and you see Aerith praying. She was trying to talk to the planet by using a small mako valve.

Watch the original intro here with the sound on. You hear groaning. And just like other times when there's groaning in FFVII, it's the planet in pain.

IYKYK

Raist

« Reply #278 on: February 14, 2020, 02:10:00 PM »
What I'm saying is that what you see in the first few seconds in the OG intro (stars) is not what you see once it switches to Aeris (mako). It's just a sort of transition / parallel thing. There's even a brief fade to black.

In the remake version, it's the same thing. Bits of mako from the reactor or from that gash in the pipe.

I reject this new timeline :hmph

Himu

« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2020, 02:15:27 PM »
ok

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #280 on: February 14, 2020, 02:23:16 PM »
There's a hint that they won't retcon the original ending. They used the natural environment in the beginning of the intro to likely create a bookend between the opening and Red XIII running across the field with his children centuries later to look at Midgar.

This is very, very good news as the ending is very much a massive part of FFVII's legacy. There's hope watching the intro that they're retconning things like AC.
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #281 on: February 14, 2020, 03:44:31 PM »
At 0:28 seconds...

at 10:42 seconds...

:thinking

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #282 on: February 14, 2020, 04:51:06 PM »
The shot of the bird from FF7 Remake is more like the shot from The Spirits Within than those two, though.
dog

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #283 on: February 14, 2020, 09:48:12 PM »
Media blackout for me now. A lot of these video vignettes are stealing the sense of awe I would get from straight shotting the game at release. It's like, no media for years and then they splooge out the game as PR releases.
:9

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #284 on: February 14, 2020, 09:53:34 PM »
The shot of the bird from FF7 Remake is more like the shot from The Spirits Within than those two, though.

Probably meant as an homage to Sakaguchi, who seems to be on Nomura's mind a lot lately (from recent interviews and KH3)

of course the ff7 500 years later scene and the TSW ending shot are pretty closely related in concept. it's like poetry it rhymes
QED

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #285 on: February 15, 2020, 11:00:50 AM »
Man I want to play and like this game.

Shame they shat out an ARPG battle system instead of doing turn based so I never will.
yar

bluemax

« Reply #286 on: February 15, 2020, 07:18:37 PM »
Sometimes I feel like the only person who liked the world in FFXV.
NO

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #287 on: February 15, 2020, 07:40:20 PM »

You're not.
dog

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #288 on: February 16, 2020, 06:58:36 PM »
Want to play this but I hate grinding in 2020 and ffxv with the big areas full of nothing mput me off. Wrpgs spoiled  me

But aren't wrpgs known for big open worlds with nothing much going on? I'm hoping that FF7 remake has smaller, more bespoke areas and they didn't go the 15 route (15's world was pretty bland)
^_^

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #289 on: February 16, 2020, 07:05:20 PM »

You're not.

yeah there's plenty of strange freaks out there

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #290 on: February 16, 2020, 07:47:45 PM »
opening vid fuckin incredible. I felt it right in the peepee

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #291 on: February 17, 2020, 12:45:33 PM »
The only I thing I feel in the peepee is a burning sensation  ::)
What

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #292 on: February 17, 2020, 08:59:13 PM »
The only I thing I feel in the peepee is a burning sensation  ::)

That is your own personal problem

paprikastaude

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2020, 11:35:02 AM »
is that a surprise? it's a square game which means piles of prerendered movies

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #295 on: February 18, 2020, 06:27:08 PM »
I mean games are massive these days, no getting around it. Doom 2016 was 100GB download on the Bone when I got it off Game Pass recently

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #296 on: February 18, 2020, 06:31:39 PM »
I dunno. The more time passes the less I care. Modern Square shit isn’t so hot anymore. I’m sure this will play like a mashy KH cousin that’s mostly okay.
serge

Raist

« Reply #297 on: February 19, 2020, 05:12:51 AM »
If the game is maxing out a BD it's probably the usual security margin + decompression stuff for installs. I doubt it will actually take up to 100GB.

Chooky

« Reply #298 on: February 19, 2020, 05:40:00 AM »
i thought this game was two discs?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: February 19, 2020, 05:50:03 AM »
i thought this game was two discs?

Lol as if they have enough content to fill two discs  :lol
What