Author Topic: Playstation 5  (Read 189709 times)

Svejk

Re: Playstation 5
« Reply #1740 on: December 05, 2020, 11:53:48 PM »
One thing that needs to fixed is when you delete a game off the PS5, the game artifact stays in the main menu ribbon. A way to get rid of it, you start downloading it again, then proceed to cancel and delete the download. This will make it disappear.

Bebpo

« Reply #1741 on: December 06, 2020, 01:11:15 AM »
One thing that needs to fixed is when you delete a game off the PS5, the game artifact stays in the main menu ribbon. A way to get rid of it, you start downloading it again, then proceed to cancel and delete the download. This will make it disappear.

Yeah, i hate this. At least there's a fix for it.

Also Ghost of Taushima's latest update won't install to an SSD on back usb and gives an error. i deleted the whole game and redownloaded with the latest version and it hard crashed the ps5 trying to start it.

Svejk

« Reply #1742 on: December 06, 2020, 12:58:11 PM »
I had to delete and redownload Ace Combat 7 from not loading initially.  Not a big deal, but there's a ton of things that could use some more ironing out for sure.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1743 on: December 06, 2020, 01:03:13 PM »
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1744 on: December 06, 2020, 03:27:38 PM »
I had to delete and redownload Ace Combat 7 from not loading initially.  Not a big deal, but there's a ton of things that could use some more ironing out for sure.

A better fan would've been nice. I got one of the noisy ones.

They also put the most shit disc drive possible in here making it pretty clear that the Digital version is the one they want to sell.

Bebpo

« Reply #1745 on: December 06, 2020, 04:09:55 PM »
So my PS5 software is all fucked up after the latest Ghost of Tsushima update yesterday. Now launching PS4 games off my external SSD hard crashes the system on booting the games the time.

I rebuilt the database and then I lost all my licenses and it wouldn't restore them giving me an error and I lost my whole digital game library  :-\

Then they suddenly appeared but the last game that hard crashed (ironically Crash 4) is stuck in a greyed out "installed" which won't let me see it under storage to delete it, won't let me play it and won't let me redownload it.

My only solution is to format the SSD and redownload all my PS4 games :| Doing that now. Hopefully this fixes whatever is fucked. I also moved my portable SSD from the back USB to the front USB-C port which might help from reading online.

Had zero issues with my external SSD until the Ghost patch yesterday broke it.

Bebpo

« Reply #1746 on: December 06, 2020, 04:11:45 PM »
Also I got a new phone yesterday to replace a dying older one and was trying out remote play on PS5 which seemed honestly pretty great for a portable PS5/PS4 BC until this happened.

Ordered one of those phone controller things and with remote play this could be pretty useful for playing some games portable.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1747 on: December 06, 2020, 06:39:03 PM »

A better fan would've been nice. I got one of the noisy ones.

They also put the most shit disc drive possible in here making it pretty clear that the Digital version is the one they want to sell.
Well they sure have made it harder to buy that one if that's it.

I also have had some install issues, but nothing terrible.

I have an 8TB HDD for my PS4 games. When I got it I installed everything on it, but obviously I wasn't playing all those games as the time. And since the PS4 plays coy with letting you know when the install is complete. I would mostly decide the install was done when the disc drive went quiet. Plugging the HDD into the PS5 was easy, but it turns out plenty of those games were not completely installed.  So the partial install would show up, but be unusable meaning I had to reinstall plenty of games. Not a big deal and everything is installed. A few things still show up on the library page as having that status bar on them, but when you put the disc in it dosen't start up an install, instead the game is playable just fine.

Installing DMC5 SE was kind of annoying. It when hang up at 99% for playable install and then just do nothing. Deleted it and retried. Same thing. Then it hit a point where it said 99+ hours was needed and then started up again only to get hung up again. I had to take out the disc and reinsert it about 3 times to just get the install going again. After all that game seemingly is fine.

Other then that the only issue I've had is the rest mode issue. I've been able to use rest mode with no game running just fine. The first time I used while running Valhalla it did the rebuilding database thing. Hope they get that fixed. I actually used rest mode on PS4 all the time no problem.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1748 on: December 06, 2020, 07:38:45 PM »
Also I got a new phone yesterday to replace a dying older one and was trying out remote play on PS5 which seemed honestly pretty great for a portable PS5/PS4 BC until this happened.

Ordered one of those phone controller things and with remote play this could be pretty useful for playing some games portable.

I always had issues with using the Vita for remote play.  When I tried my phone with it, the connection was 10 times better.  I got a phone controller attachment, but had issues mapping buttons.  You can use PS4 controllers for it too IIRC, at least with Android.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1749 on: December 06, 2020, 11:46:48 PM »
Yeah, I got the Backbone One which sounds like you can't re-config the buttons either. I'd assume the buttons should just be standard Xbox/PS4 layout? Would be weird otherwise.

https://www.theverge.com/21525741/backbones-one-iphone-ios-controller-gaming-portable-review

I've been testing remote play with a DS4 but doesn't really work in bed since you need both hands to hold the phone. I know they have DS4 clips so if the backbone thing sucks I might look into that.

But yeah I also tried PS4 Remote Play on Vita and it was shit and unplayable 2 rooms away. Trying it now on ios on PS5 seems pretty damn good. Funny thing is that I got the Iphone 12 Pro Max which is 6.7" screen and it still feels too small for playing 1080p games on remote play with PS5/Steam. The text is pretty tiny on stuff compared to native ios games made for those resolutions. I want a switch size screen phone now lol
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 11:53:37 PM by Bebpo »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1750 on: December 07, 2020, 01:26:10 AM »
Moded my ikea shelf and got rid of the WiiU. Need to work on cable management, but this is my PS5 set-up and maybe my set-up for the next couple of years as I'm not sure I'll get an xbox.

https://imgur.com/gallery/xZtHpez

Not sure I should keep my Pro either, but I just have good memories towards it. I really liked the PS4. I have the PS3 still hooked up because it was my primary Blu ray player until I got a standalone one and still the only way to play PS3 games. 

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #1751 on: December 07, 2020, 09:02:31 AM »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1752 on: December 07, 2020, 09:39:27 AM »
Not a bad set up but Jesus seeing that ugly white console makes me as sad as I thought it would, ugh
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1753 on: December 07, 2020, 10:28:41 AM »
Moded my ikea shelf and got rid of the WiiU. Need to work on cable management, but this is my PS5 set-up and maybe my set-up for the next couple of years as I'm not sure I'll get an xbox.

Not sure I should keep my Pro either, but I just have good memories towards it. I really liked the PS4. I have the PS3 still hooked up because it was my primary Blu ray player until I got a standalone one and still the only way to play PS3 games.

What did you do to make the shelf area larger?
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1754 on: December 07, 2020, 02:16:59 PM »
PlayStation 5 is thicc and stands out between the other black boxes tho

I expected next gen consoles to move more in the PC hardware direction.
No RGB lights = no sale :hmph
🤴

Nuitangg

« Reply #1755 on: December 07, 2020, 03:30:44 PM »
These are on sale.

https://www.slickwraps.com/devices/gaming/playstation/playstation-5.html

I planned on trying that Plasti Dip spray but I'm really lazy.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1756 on: December 07, 2020, 05:13:45 PM »
Since my tv ain't wall mounted I just put the ugly piece of crap behind it.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1757 on: December 07, 2020, 05:15:59 PM »
Since my tv ain't wall mounted I just put the ugly piece of crap behind it.
PS5 is so big, you could wall mount the TV directly to it!  :rodney

Bebpo

« Reply #1758 on: December 07, 2020, 06:47:17 PM »
I keep mine horizontal and don't even notice it. It's definitely ugly but eh.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 06:53:08 PM by Bebpo »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1759 on: December 08, 2020, 01:13:58 AM »

What did you do to make the shelf area larger?
I took one of the larger vertical slabs and turned it horizontal in the middle. Removing the need for the smaller top row vertical slab.

Does anyone know if the PS5 camera allows you to use it for streaming when playing BC games?

Bebpo

« Reply #1760 on: December 08, 2020, 09:12:18 PM »
So I got this $100 backbone controller thing for remote play for the phone and meh. It's pretty nice for native ios app gaming and makes it feel like a Switch, but remote play it's missing the PS button & touchpad button which a lot of games use so it makes it kinda crappy. Plus testing around stuff remote play is definitely going to be a very specific situation useful feature.

Like playing a turn-based jrpg like Persona or Disgaea or something? Great!

Playing Spider-Man or something fast and smooth? Nah, looks pretty crap. Maybe slower open-world stuff like Days Gone or Ghost of Tsushima would work. But even trying Sackboy, the slight lag was tough for a tight timing platformer.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1761 on: December 08, 2020, 09:43:44 PM »
So I got this $100 backbone controller thing for remote play for the phone and meh. It's pretty nice for native ios app gaming and makes it feel like a Switch, but remote play it's missing the PS button & touchpad button which a lot of games use so it makes it kinda crappy. Plus testing around stuff remote play is definitely going to be a very specific situation useful feature.

Like playing a turn-based jrpg like Persona or Disgaea or something? Great!

Playing Spider-Man or something fast and smooth? Nah, looks pretty crap. Maybe slower open-world stuff like Days Gone or Ghost of Tsushima would work. But even trying Sackboy, the slight lag was tough for a tight timing platformer.

If you can return it, try this one. 

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Mobile-Controller-Gamepad-iPhone-mac/dp/B08FFPKRYW/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=razer+kishi&qid=1607481796&sr=8-4

Haven't tried it myself, but people seem to really like it.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1762 on: December 08, 2020, 10:19:11 PM »
In all the head to heads people preferred Backbone to Kishi from the reviews I read. But they honestly seem pretty much the exact same and cost the same.

Kishi has one pro in that it looks like you don't have to take your phone case on/off each time. Also supports Android devices.

But still has fewer buttons than a DS4. I ordered a $10 DS4 clip that I'm getting in a day or two and will compare it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's better honestly for remote play.

I mean for native ios stuff, the backbone seems pretty legit. I played some of The Pathless and Beyond a Steel Sky, Cat's Quest, etc... and they play flawless and it's like having a Switch. I honestly think I might just buy some ios native stuff if it's not available on Switch and I want a portable version. Like I picked up Muse Dash for $1.49 on steam the other day and it's a music game. I tried it on remote play and it's ok but a music game with remote play lag? Not great. So I just went on the app store and bought the native ios version for $1.99 and doubled dipped.

There are definitely situations where it'll be good. Just depends on the game. Like I might try doing some Item World disgaea 5 post-game runs in bed on remote play tonight.

Bebpo

« Reply #1763 on: December 09, 2020, 12:01:21 AM »
So I took out my ipad pro which I think is like the greatest thing since sliced bread and tried the sony remote play app with the PS5. And...it works really, really well. Even if it's less convenient to have a big tablet sitting on your chest and holding a controller in bed, this is definitely a much better experience for remote play gaming. It looks worse than native for sure, but otherwise it runs well and plays great with a DS4. Definitely can see myself using this at times.

Honestly I don't think I'll use the phone controller remote play much at all. Probably was a waste of money getting a controller. 1080p+ remote play just doesn't translate well to smaller than tablet screens.

Bebpo

« Reply #1764 on: December 09, 2020, 06:06:22 PM »

I tried the $10 DS4 phone clip thing and $10 clip >>>>>>>> $99 phone controller lol

Other than getting used to the weight on the top from the phone, this works great. Don't have to take the phone case on, takes seconds to put on/off, has all the good controls of a DS4.

Also I play like shit in that video because I'm trying to hold the phone out like 4-5 feet to get in frame and I'm watching it through the camera that's filming. The lag is tiny enough to not really notice in Spider-Man and it plays good enough at 30fps mode (60fps mode was more iffy).

This is the clip I got and would recommend for remote play on phones from PS5.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z4RFKXD

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1765 on: December 13, 2020, 09:37:10 PM »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1766 on: December 14, 2020, 12:18:09 AM »
Sometimes SNL is passable.

Tasty

« Reply #1767 on: December 14, 2020, 12:21:46 AM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1768 on: December 14, 2020, 02:01:28 PM »
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #1769 on: December 14, 2020, 02:02:48 PM »
:thinking

El Babua

« Reply #1770 on: December 14, 2020, 10:26:59 PM »
I gotta say, with the new 60 FPS Ray Tracing mode - Spider-Man on PS5 feels real next-gen, especially when you factor in the instant loading times.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #1771 on: December 14, 2020, 10:32:31 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
tfw a big tiddy anime girl will never buy me a ps5  :doge
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 11:08:56 PM by remy »

Bebpo

« Reply #1772 on: December 14, 2020, 10:41:56 PM »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1773 on: December 15, 2020, 03:29:04 AM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1774 on: December 15, 2020, 10:15:14 AM »
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1775 on: December 15, 2020, 11:33:08 AM »
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1776 on: December 15, 2020, 11:57:47 AM »

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #1777 on: December 16, 2020, 06:57:36 AM »
I skipped out on the PC version but Temtem on PS5 is gud. There have been Zelda ripoffs since forever, kind of neat to see such a blatant recreation of Pokémon in that same vein but with a lot of QoL improvements. I really like the entire game being 2v2 and allows for co-op all the way through. No stupid limitations on trading or communication either. Can re-challenge gym leaders once a week, too!

Makes me glad I skipped that Sword/Shield tbh. GameFreak needs to step up their game.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1778 on: December 21, 2020, 09:59:20 PM »

:heh
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #1779 on: December 22, 2020, 08:46:45 AM »
Returnal is shaping up to be a 3D shooter akin to Vanquish/GunValkyrie/PN03 with a dash of Bullet Hell.  $70 may be too steep for such a genre, but this shit is looking damn fun....

(gameplay at 1:25ish, 4:55ish and 9:30ish)

Bebpo

« Reply #1780 on: December 22, 2020, 12:24:20 PM »
I'm sure the game will be good, but it should've been $20-40.

All their games have been under $20 arcade titles and this looks pretty similar except with nicer 3d graphics. Game is gonna bomb hard imo.

thetylerrob

« Reply #1781 on: December 22, 2020, 01:39:15 PM »
I like that they made the player character for their action shooter game an angry Karen Ellen Degeneres mash-up.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1782 on: December 22, 2020, 06:42:54 PM »
picked up mgsv, cuphead, nfs hot pursuit remastered and tekken 7 ultimate edition in the sale.

had no idea the ps3's hot pursuit remaster was a thing 'til i saw it in the store. snap buy. game was fun af and runs at 4k/60 on PS5 :lawd

nice to have MGSV on PS5 too. have played it a fair bit on pc, but i'm down for a rerun. found out PES uses V's FOX Engine the other day when looking into the latest update. will give it a go on boxing day with a friend
 and my brother who are real into the series.
◕‿◕

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #1783 on: December 29, 2020, 11:26:49 AM »
Finally got a ps5, only to encounter an apparent known bug with hdr on certain av equipment

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2020/11/22/sony-ps5-reportedly-suffering-with-frustrating-4k-hdr-bug/?sh=24c24a806339
jon

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1785 on: January 31, 2021, 01:15:20 PM »
nani the fuck?!  :gamer
©@©™

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1786 on: January 31, 2021, 10:50:02 PM »
Finding it hilarious that they sent 7% of the PS5 stock to Japan. Sony DGAF about Nippon no mo

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1787 on: February 01, 2021, 12:45:45 AM »
Finding it hilarious that they sent 7% of the PS5 stock to Japan. Sony DGAF about Nippon no mo
And the other 93% directly to scalpers, apparently.  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

naff

« Reply #1789 on: February 01, 2021, 04:47:05 PM »
oh hell yeah, i just finished uncharted 4 lol. guess ima be on some dad of war this weekend. playing through all these "free" cinematic sony experiences atm.
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #1790 on: February 01, 2021, 07:51:15 PM »
 :whoo

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/01/27/destruction-allstars-control-ultimate-edition-and-concrete-genie-are-your-playstation-plus-games-for-february/

was thinking about buying control  8)

does seem a little savage to push ps5 so hard when you can't buy the fucking thing
◕‿◕

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1791 on: February 02, 2021, 01:35:49 AM »
Control is also on GamePass as of last month, so not really that much of a killer app. in that sense, but it's certainly a good title to play on PS5, the next gen patch seems pretty good.

Svejk

« Reply #1792 on: February 04, 2021, 07:33:54 AM »
Anyone try Destruction Allstars yet?  I have it downloaded, but won't be able to try till tomorrow.  Seems there's very little buzz about it, and the little I've read, it's actually an ok game.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1793 on: February 04, 2021, 07:44:33 AM »
Anyone try Destruction Allstars yet?  I have it downloaded, but won't be able to try till tomorrow.  Seems there's very little buzz about it, and the little I've read, it's actually an ok game.

Saw something that even though it's "free," you have to pay to unlock various modes and content?
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #1794 on: February 04, 2021, 07:53:12 AM »

Saw something that even though it's "free," you have to pay to unlock various modes and content?
:beli great.  Was just hoping to get a bit of some Twisted Metal vibes.

Svejk

« Reply #1795 on: March 02, 2021, 08:35:31 AM »
Seeing Kena: Bridge of Spirits is up for pre-order on PSN...  This is a $40 game??   ???  Guess I shouldn't expect much from this game, seeing as it's being released on PS4 still too.   :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1796 on: March 02, 2021, 09:05:42 AM »
Seeing Kena: Bridge of Spirits is up for pre-order on PSN...  This is a $40 game??   ???  Guess I shouldn't expect much from this game, seeing as it's being released on PS4 still too.   :doge

Guess you shouldn't expect much from most games, including Horizon Forbidden West either, going by that logic. 
 :birb
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #1797 on: March 02, 2021, 09:19:02 AM »

Guess you shouldn't expect much from most games, including Horizon Forbidden West either, going by that logic. 
 :birb
True.. but if Horizon 2 will run at 60fps on PS5 due to being a PS4 game technically, I'm 100% stoked for that... I still can't get over PS being silent AF about Bloodborne and Horizon not having 60fps updates yet.  ...the 2 games I wanted the most to be updated for this thing.  :-\

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1798 on: March 02, 2021, 09:21:27 AM »
BB never even got a proper ps4pro patch.
Sony is being weirdly stupid about one of their most iconic games in the last gen.
Unless FROM is really adamantly against working on it.

naff

« Reply #1799 on: March 02, 2021, 08:48:30 PM »
would love to get some insight into that process.

sometimes it's engineers internally pushing back, or just not caring. like the recent improvements in load times made by a "hacker" in GTA Online https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/03/hacker-reduces-gta-online-load-times-by-over-70-percent/, or the other week im contracting with one of the largest web companies around here and i ask a dev why their app pools are running on 32 bit vm's "idk, 64 bit just doesn't work". me: "can i try it?" them "honestly bro, it just doesn't work" i convince them to let me try an update in the perf environment (this has been plaguing them for aaaages) and it took 2 hours investigation and 2 config changes in memory allocation to fix the bug. sometimes devs, engineers, ops teams etc are actually just stupid and/or lazy.
◕‿◕