Author Topic: Saints Row reboot :|  (Read 38919 times)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Re: SAINTS FUCKING ROW
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2021, 04:32:14 PM »
to the point of not even having fucking garages where you could cram whatever you could fit in there, instead you get shitty outdoor parking spaces that were sometimes vaguely possible to store 2 vehicles there, often it'd glitch out and you'd lose something

Cramming a Rhino and a Hunter in a Vice City garage  :lawd
Margs

Himu

« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2021, 06:02:28 PM »
How's the loop?

One of the best things about GTAIII and VC were unlocks. The loop was start on an island, then you collect hidden tapes or whatever and then unlock new stuff like free weapons at your hideout. This gives you even more reason to explore. Then you unlock new island and get access to new hidden stuff to unlock even more. It's an addictive formula for me that GTAIV toned down because pigeons don't have a reward every 10 pigeons or so like with hidden tapes. It breaks the formula for me and it's one of many GTAIV's flaws.

I like the simulation tone but it has to be tip top and GTAIV, while a worthwhile experiment, didn't full fulfill the metric. That said RDR1 succeeded where IV didn't.

I think it had much fewer interiors too, like massively walking back the intricacy of san andreas

to the point of not even having fucking garages where you could cram whatever you could fit in there, instead you get shitty outdoor parking spaces that were sometimes vaguely possible to store 2 vehicles there, often it'd glitch out and you'd lose something

Tbf that's NYC. There are barely garages here.
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2021, 04:22:36 AM »
How's the loop?

One of the best things about GTAIII and VC were unlocks. The loop was start on an island, then you collect hidden tapes or whatever and then unlock new stuff like free weapons at your hideout. This gives you even more reason to explore. Then you unlock new island and get access to new hidden stuff to unlock even more. It's an addictive formula for me that GTAIV toned down because pigeons don't have a reward every 10 pigeons or so like with hidden tapes. It breaks the formula for me and it's one of many GTAIV's flaws.

I like the simulation tone but it has to be tip top and GTAIV, while a worthwhile experiment, didn't full fulfill the metric. That said RDR1 succeeded where IV didn't.

I think it had much fewer interiors too, like massively walking back the intricacy of san andreas

I liked the outdoor parking, felt more natural.
The glitch wasn't really a function of it (the game doesn't care if you have a polygonal model of a garage around the spot marked for saving your vehicles) since the glitch of disappearing vehicles was also in the old GTAs as well as in GTAV with enclosed garages.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2021, 03:01:33 PM »
How's the loop?

I liked the outdoor parking, felt more natural.
The glitch wasn't really a function of it (the game doesn't care if you have a polygonal model of a garage around the spot marked for saving your vehicles) since the glitch of disappearing vehicles was also in the old GTAs as well as in GTAV with enclosed garages.
it was a function of it, since the AI and physics meant that any weird thing that happened nearby could knock your saved cars off the parking spaces, if NPCs decided to start driving crazy or bumped into them or whatnot, especially with the more physics heavy engine

it was also just plain a lot less space, being able to possibly save 2 vehicles if you're lucky as opposed to 4
Uncle

Kurt Russell

« Reply #184 on: September 07, 2021, 12:49:58 PM »
The dregs of this shitty forum, 14 years on, have finely broken me. Later y'all, you all suck and have shitty taste.

woke

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #185 on: September 07, 2021, 06:32:11 PM »
It's less holier than thou and more "God these people share this hobby with me and I fucking hate them, what does this say about me as an individual?"
It means you happen to like a mass market thing and some of the masses suck shit. :yeshrug
Hi

« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2021, 08:22:50 PM »
We better still be able to go to Freckle Bitches……!

Svejk

« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2021, 04:47:21 PM »
Saints Row wouldn’t be Saints Row without customization, so of course this game will have tons of customization!  We’ve built the biggest customization suite of any Saints Row game; we have the most in-depth character creator ever seen in a Saints game. You can create exactly who you want to play as – whether that’s a stone-cold killer or a fantastic looking freakshow. There are eight customizable voices you can give to the Boss – four male and four female – all sound great, and again more choice than we’ve offered in other Saints Row games.  And also, you’ll be pleased to hear, layered clothing is BACK! Well done to the eagle eyed of you that picked up on that.  In terms of vehicles, we have a HUGE array of customization options to dig in to – and any vehicle you customize will be safely stored in a garage.  There’s a lot to look forward to and much more to come, including some big surprises that we can’t share just yet, as well as some features that are sure to make jaws drop.
:obama :ohyeah

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2021, 04:53:54 PM »
after cyberpunk, a dick/pussy slider is essential for any quality character creator
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Kurt Russell

« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2021, 05:44:39 PM »
ERA: We need more trans-representation in vidya

after cyberpunk, a dick/pussy slider is essential for any quality character creator

ALSO ERA: Allowing male/female genitalia on atypical bodies is dog whistling transphobia as it allows gamergate to LARP as trans.
woke

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2021, 10:11:06 AM »

Saints Row 3/4 had the sex appeal slider which basically functioned in the same way.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #191 on: September 11, 2021, 10:14:17 AM »
We better still be able to go to Freckle Bitches……!

They're called FBs now and Rim Jobs became Jim Robs.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2021, 07:22:49 AM »

I thought this was sarcasm, but nope - it's real.

At this point, why even bother. Just create a new fucking IP and let Saints Row rot in peace.
woke

Tasty

« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2021, 07:56:36 AM »

I thought this was sarcasm, but nope - it's real.

Wait what :lol :lol :lol

Svejk

« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2021, 12:11:47 PM »
Y'all serious?  :dayum

Himu

« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2021, 02:47:13 PM »
NOOOOOOO!!!

:stop

"Remember me? I was the little girl with the pigtails and Freckles on all of daddy's restaurants. Well I'm all grown up, and we are here to please you."

2006-2021 RIP Freckle Bitch's.
IYKYK

Kurt Russell

woke

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2021, 04:27:59 PM »
its funny satire guys, you just didnt realise yet, wait until the reveal

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2021, 04:43:30 PM »
I assume FB is still the same, just shortened in the logo.

Svejk

« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2021, 05:01:22 PM »
I dunno.. nothing in the reveal or anything that points to this as being an M rated game, unless I missed something otherwise.  They maybe shooting for a Teen rating?  Why would they change it otherwise?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2021, 06:03:07 PM »
Why would they change it otherwise?
Evolving standards.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2021, 06:14:28 PM »
A more mature humor.
Like getting rid of Donut Drake. :ufup

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2021, 07:33:44 AM »
No fun allowed.jpg
What

Himu

« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2021, 10:11:15 PM »
"you can't beat our meat special" :dead
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2021, 03:33:13 AM »
Tell me that isn't GTA-style humor!  :bolo

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2021, 09:08:28 AM »

screenshots above show she used to be scantily clad and is now sexless, completely covered in a chef's outfit
 :notlikethis
Uncle

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2021, 09:19:02 AM »

screenshots above show she used to be scantily clad and is now sexless, completely covered in a chef's outfit
 :notlikethis
She also looks like she has an undercut. :hitler

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2021, 10:13:49 AM »
Still has a 420 reference tho. :rejoice
©@©™

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2021, 10:18:50 AM »
Route 69 was probably too edgy.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2021, 11:49:29 AM »
Probably cant even smoke weed anymore 😡
What

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2021, 12:37:11 PM »
It will be in vape form only.

Tasty

« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2021, 01:21:43 PM »

The 90s called...

Svejk

« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2021, 01:28:17 PM »
It will be in vape form only.
Only the dankest of Delta 8.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2021, 01:51:13 PM »

The 90s called...

Why, did they hear about the new Matrix movie? 8)
©@©™

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2021, 04:08:59 PM »
That's cause pot's getting legalized all over, so it's not that edgy anymore.

Himu

« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2021, 04:11:16 PM »
We need to bring misogyny back to games.
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2021, 06:00:26 PM »
hey, remember Hannibal:

tame nudity in Boticelli's Spring:

meanwhile:

:doge

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2021, 04:22:15 AM »

Leaked footage from the game.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #218 on: September 22, 2021, 05:13:33 AM »
It pretty much looked like Saints Row 3 from the footage that was shown in that vid. I'll see if I can find a backup.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SaintsRow/comments/pr1tir/original_saints_row_leak_by_srdominatrix/

You can watch it there.

benjipwns

« Reply #219 on: September 22, 2021, 05:41:41 AM »
It looks alright, though the city looks a little barren at times, apparently this is pre-alpha if I read that thread correctly so whatever I guess.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2021, 05:10:18 PM »
I feel like I've totally missed out on SR2... The first one was so blah and meh back then, I had zero interest in SR2.  Wasn't even gonna care for SR3 until it was free on PS+ and bork insisted I play it... I did and totally had one of the biggest blasts in my gaming memory...  I had no idea.
If you thought the first one was blah I dont know why you would like the second one
1 was better than GTA IV in a lot of ways
First one was a bunch of guys in Champagne, IL, making what they thought was gangbanger GTA game, without a sense of humor. They studiously avoided several GTA gameplay mechanics, likely suspecting it would awaken something litigious in Rockstar.

When GTA IV finally came out, it abandoned all the R3 side missions that made the PS2 era games so fun for many open-world enthusiasts. Volition seized on this and made SR2 largely based on side missions AND made the game fully playable in Co-Op, which any network engineer can tell you is a remarkable feat. (It unfortunately launched with a shit-ton of bugs.)

Elsewhere in this thread, it was mentioned that Gat Out of Hell also re-used the SR2 or SR3 maps, but I do not recall this being true. Some assets may have been re-used, but the map itself was a hellscape which required a number of vertical traversal gameplay additions.

Borealis

« Reply #221 on: October 05, 2021, 10:34:24 PM »
New stuff out from Gameinformer coverage, looking better to me.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2021, 08:11:12 AM »

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2021, 09:25:19 PM »
Looks good to me

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2021, 09:45:54 PM »
Agreed, looks good and very familiar. Really excited for this.
itm

Bebpo

« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2021, 09:55:03 PM »
Setting looks really good.

benjipwns

« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2021, 10:15:55 PM »
Twisted Secret
6 hours ago
I need to know if this is AA or AAA so that i can make a better decision.
If this is AAA then damn man you couldn't even beat ubisofts standards. If this is AA then its decent.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #227 on: October 12, 2021, 10:18:56 PM »
Looks much better than Steelport, though not exactly to a level where you can flex with a "just walk around" video, compared to the level where world building's at in 2021 open worlds.
I like the skyline at night though, if the game's fun it should do well.

Personally i would've gone with something a bit more vertically complex, to aid the gameplay.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #228 on: October 12, 2021, 10:30:40 PM »
Twisted Secret
6 hours ago
I need to know if this is AA or AAA so that i can make a better decision.
If this is AAA then damn man you couldn't even beat ubisofts standards. If this is AA then its decent.
:iface
spoiler (click to show/hide)
  :beavis
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #229 on: October 12, 2021, 10:37:40 PM »
I still want to see a lot more gameplay, but I also admit that the only reason I'm not already confirmed in for this is the EGS exclusivity period. I can wait a year for Steam.

Bebpo

« Reply #230 on: October 12, 2021, 10:51:13 PM »
Looks much better than Steelport, though not exactly to a level where you can flex with a "just walk around" video, compared to the level where world building's at in 2021 open worlds.
I like the skyline at night though, if the game's fun it should do well.

Personally i would've gone with something a bit more vertically complex, to aid the gameplay.

Idk, looks like GTAV and right now the only sandbox city game that looks like GTAV quality visuals is...GTAV and maybe Watchdogs Legion but that game sucks. I'll gladly take a GTAV nice looking city sandbox in a new location.

Bebpo

« Reply #231 on: October 12, 2021, 10:53:17 PM »
Actually nevermind. I was watching that video on my phone but on my PC it definitely looks more like Saints Row 3/4/5 engine with a better lit daytime setting than GTAV.

Still looks fine even if it's not pushing anything tech-wise.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #232 on: October 13, 2021, 03:39:39 AM »
If you played the Saints Row 3 remaster, it basically looks like that. That one had the enhanced lighting and HDR support as well.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #233 on: October 13, 2021, 03:57:48 AM »
The remaster was likely their testbed for engine performance. I'm excited to think about going back to the Row.

pilonv1

« Reply #234 on: October 13, 2021, 05:59:04 AM »
I still want to see a lot more gameplay, but I also admit that the only reason I'm not already confirmed in for this is the EGS exclusivity period. I can wait a year for Steam.

I'm still waiting for Hitman 3's exclusivity to end. Not sure I can do so with Saints Row if this is as good as 2 or 3.
itm

pilonv1

« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2021, 12:27:55 AM »

Driving and gunplay. Think I'm fully on board with this now.
itm

Beezy

« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2021, 03:22:39 AM »
I'm there day one

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #237 on: October 14, 2021, 05:24:16 AM »
Why do they keep calling stuff like that pre-alpha? This looks like the finished product before the gold mastering. I hope they at least increase the crowd density.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2021, 08:58:46 AM »
Looks.. fine.
So far they didn't really show anything that stands out, tbh.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2021, 12:09:47 PM »
I liked the move where you can get out from the car and rid eon the roof.  Reminded me of Wheelman, which was actually a pretty fun open world game.