Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1829352 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #5760 on: October 22, 2021, 03:30:07 PM »
The jokes don't work if he tells the truth of the situation

Yes, when you're accurately retelling a sequence of events without any editorial or commentary, you are no longer telling a joke, you are telling what is often referred to as 'news'.

Did you go to PlanetSmasher Comedy College too?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5761 on: October 22, 2021, 03:30:19 PM »
The staff are not going back and silencing dissenters severely with flimsily reasoning in a thread that's approaching 3 weeks now, it is simply that the regular discussions and protocols that each ban must go through before approval has been stretched thin by the chronic understaffing and mental health issues of the staff. Something that, like staff pay, will not change under MOBA Network's ownership which will be as personally embracing and loving as Cerium's.

:nothing

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5762 on: October 22, 2021, 03:38:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ricky-gervais-almost-getting-it-%E2%80%9Ci-want-to-live-long-enough-to-see-the-younger-generation-not-be-woke-enough-for-the-next-generation.504351/

ITT people saying Ricky Gervais "doesn't get it" while apparently blissfully aware of societal trends changing between, oh, say the 1930s to the 1950s, where women went from revelling in their newfound equality to being housewives, or the 1960s to the 1980s where free love became greed is good (and also cancel culture doesnt even exit, obviously)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #5763 on: October 22, 2021, 03:39:30 PM »

Ree users and mods in that thread while the bire chilling in the back   :smug

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #5764 on: October 22, 2021, 03:40:28 PM »
Official Staff Communication
We are not now, nor are we ever, going to sell your data. It will not be sold. Ever.

I mean except when cerium sold all user data to a bunch of slezy Swedes, but other than that we won't do it.

jorma

« Reply #5765 on: October 22, 2021, 03:42:23 PM »
Official Staff Communication
We are not now, nor are we ever, going to sell your data. It will not be sold. Ever.

I mean except when cerium sold all user data to a bunch of slezy Swedes, but other than that we won't do it.

come on breh, that was nearly 4 weeks ago, get over it already

10centtacos

« Reply #5766 on: October 22, 2021, 03:43:32 PM »
Day 8
Quote from: Royalan
That wasn't surprise. Just a gentle reminder that this thread is approaching 2 weeks.
this is how not mad i am :smug

Royalan, I know you read this:

8 days is not "approaching two weeks", 8 days is just over one week.
:lol

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #5767 on: October 22, 2021, 03:47:48 PM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5768 on: October 22, 2021, 03:49:29 PM »
Quote from: Duckroll, continued NeoGAF moderator after both shower elfs accusations were made public and after the  coverup of a colleagues conviction for paedophilia, https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/post-75680715
No, it can't. That's not how social dynamics work at all. Social groups generally default to status quo and comfort. If the majority of people here cared about not being sold to an unknown buyer and wanted to be in charge, there would be more of a reaction. The fact that everything else is going on per normal on the forum and a small number of users are posting vocally and frequently in this one thread shows that there is no "everyone" here. So unless the minority can rile up the majority and successfully convince them this is something to care about, why would anyone who is happily posting about other stuff care about making this "calm decision?"

It doesn't make sense psychologically. That's why it takes a tidal wave to move.

Well, you would know about not giving up the power you have over others without extreme impetus

:kermit

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5769 on: October 22, 2021, 03:51:29 PM »
Duckroll

More like

Cuckroll

:heh
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #5770 on: October 22, 2021, 04:08:36 PM »
Fort night?

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #5771 on: October 22, 2021, 04:35:30 PM »
Cuckroll more like yuck, droll  :snob

Propagandhim

« Reply #5772 on: October 22, 2021, 04:53:15 PM »
Duckroll

More like

Cuckroll

:heh

Simpsons did it

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #5773 on: October 22, 2021, 05:22:29 PM »
Pedoroll imo
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #5774 on: October 22, 2021, 05:54:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/alec-baldwin-%E2%80%9Cdischarged%E2%80%9D-prop-gun-that-killed-%E2%80%98rust%E2%80%99-cinematographer-injured-director.504039/page-3

Quote from: BossAttack
And? Why was a prop gun able to kill? Was Alec scripted to point and fire it at a crewmember or was he dicking around? If the prop wasn't supposed to be dangerous, who was responsible for making it dangerous? Were safety procedures followed on set? If not, why not? Is there a history of this behavior with Alex? With the prop department?
User Banned (1 Month): Trolling over a Series of Posts in a Sensitive Thread; History of Inflammatory Commentary
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #5775 on: October 22, 2021, 06:02:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/streamer-valkyrae-faces-backlash-for-new-gamer-skincare-range.503538/page-12#post-75704940
User Banned (2 weeks): trolling over a series of posts, history of trolling
Quote from: Sanka
Quote from: SDBurton
🤔
I need to be aware of all the injustices in the world at all times. Imagine if I didn't know that someone was trying sell goddamn blue light lotions. She should be in jail right now.
OBE

« Reply #5776 on: October 22, 2021, 06:09:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/streamer-valkyrae-faces-backlash-for-new-gamer-skincare-range.503538/page-12#post-75704940
🤔
I need to be aware of all the injustices in the world at all times. Imagine if I didn't know that someone was trying sell goddamn blue light lotions. She should be in jail right now.

The tone and general attitude of this post feels identical to the mods+friends in the buyout thread. Big “I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU” vibes.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #5777 on: October 22, 2021, 07:23:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/alec-baldwin-%E2%80%9Cdischarged%E2%80%9D-prop-gun-that-killed-%E2%80%98rust%E2%80%99-cinematographer-injured-director.504039/page-3

Quote from: BossAttack
And? Why was a prop gun able to kill? Was Alec scripted to point and fire it at a crewmember or was he dicking around? If the prop wasn't supposed to be dangerous, who was responsible for making it dangerous? Were safety procedures followed on set? If not, why not? Is there a history of this behavior with Alex? With the prop department?
User Banned (1 Month): Trolling over a Series of Posts in a Sensitive Thread; History of Inflammatory Commentary

The way he made those questions like he had Baldwin in a witness stand was dumb, but why is that trolling? Trolling is the catch all offence I guess.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5778 on: October 22, 2021, 07:39:56 PM »
My best guess is she wanted a shot of him firing the gun from the front.
They probably put something in the gun to create a practical effect of a gun going off and that went wrong.

That's the only reason I can imagine why he would fire directly at the cinematographer killing her instantly.
🤴

nudemacusers

« Reply #5779 on: October 22, 2021, 07:55:25 PM »
Is it possible that someone on the set with access to that gun had a grudge against Baldwin for portraying Trump on SNL?
lmao jfc
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5780 on: October 22, 2021, 08:08:25 PM »
It was the last ditch attempt by Hillary Clinton to incriminate Trump. Thankfully he was short selling his own stock at the time.

Checkmate Pelosi
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5781 on: October 22, 2021, 08:08:57 PM »
🤔

History of trolling yet let them back in.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5782 on: October 22, 2021, 08:09:24 PM »
Is it possible that someone on the set with access to that gun had a grudge against Baldwin for portraying Trump on SNL?
lmao jfc

Someone who didn't think SNL's Trump performances were funny, really whittles down the suspect pool

benjipwns

« Reply #5783 on: October 22, 2021, 08:12:07 PM »
Thankfully he was short selling his own stock at the time.

Checkmate Pelosi
Jokes on you:
https://twitter.com/litcapital/status/1451548288931479554

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #5784 on: October 22, 2021, 08:22:52 PM »
lmao jfc

Someone who didn't think SNL's Trump performances were funny, really whittles down the suspect pool

If you went to comedy school, you’d understand those skits are peak comedy :rage

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:gamergate
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5785 on: October 22, 2021, 08:29:31 PM »
I kinda feel bad for Baldwin.

He's not that popular to begin with and now that he shot someone on set all the internet can do is make memes and jokes about him shooting people.  :trumps
He will go into history as the actor who played Trump on SNL (badly) and then shot people on the set of a western.

And Trump is not releasing a statement because he will re-enact the whole thing in a Trumpian way at his next rally instead.
That's an opportunity he just can't pass up.

🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5786 on: October 22, 2021, 08:41:02 PM »
He'll probably be remembered for his Martin Scorsese collaborations or 30 Rock, and this accident will barely be remembered as a thing that happened.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5787 on: October 22, 2021, 09:07:05 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #5788 on: October 22, 2021, 09:10:04 PM »
I kinda feel bad for Baldwin.

He's not that popular to begin with and now that he shot someone on set all the internet can do is make memes and jokes about him shooting people.  :trumps
He will go into history as the actor who played Trump on SNL (badly) and then shot people on the set of a western.
Alec Baldwin was once one of the biggest actors in Hollywood, he still makes massive bucks for his acting in films, his mainstream popular career has continued this long because he's been willing to do things like 30 Rock and SNL for peanuts and fun. Nobody will ever mention his Trump stuff and this will be a tragic footnote in his career.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5789 on: October 22, 2021, 09:10:26 PM »
Yeah I was going to mention that too but I didn't want to imply i'd watched Glengary Ross since I only know that one scene

benjipwns

« Reply #5790 on: October 22, 2021, 09:12:39 PM »

If you went to comedy school, you’d understand those skits are peak comedy :rage
It's inherently funny because it's punching up.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #5791 on: October 22, 2021, 09:43:07 PM »
Quote from: B-Dubs the Racist
If you miss them that's kinda on you. Short of me sending out a mass PM, which would take hours and piss off literally every single person on the site, it's the best way of letting you all know about important changes.

I can't stop people from clicking shit off or ignoring it. At some point that's on you and no one else.

Yeah, the dismissible unambiguous announcement banner or PM'ing the entire forum - those are your only 2 choices, on an Internet forum.
Fish<

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5792 on: October 22, 2021, 09:50:08 PM »
Quote from: B-Dubs the Racist
If you miss them that's kinda on you. Short of me sending out a mass PM, which would take hours and piss off literally every single person on the site, it's the best way of letting you all know about important changes.

I can't stop people from clicking shit off or ignoring it. At some point that's on you and no one else.

Yeah, the dismissible unambiguous announcement banner or PM'ing the entire forum - those are your only 2 choices, on an Internet forum.

It's approaching having no options at all!

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5793 on: October 22, 2021, 10:00:21 PM »

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #5794 on: October 22, 2021, 10:12:34 PM »
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #5795 on: October 22, 2021, 11:07:38 PM »
did you see the iatse stories with the crashes due to 14 hour days weeks on end? just horrific conditions on set and then them using non union labor?

you pay people what they’re worth, fuck
Why is this guy talking about the ResetERA.com staff in the Alec Baldwin thread?

BIONIC

« Reply #5796 on: October 22, 2021, 11:41:50 PM »
ree staff are already payed what they’re worth tho
Margs

« Reply #5797 on: October 22, 2021, 11:44:24 PM »
From the Constructive thread:
Quote from: Dmax3901
With the possibility of the Hogwarts game showing up at the State Of Play next week, I was wondering if the moderation team has come to any conclusion about how we're treating this game going forward, for obvious reasons.

No response yet, almost five hours later. If he'd posted it in the ownership thread he'd probably have had 30 responses by now, one of which might even have taken a minute away from dunking on him to answer. But, alas, he used the quarantine thread.

If the answer to him ends up being anything other than 'we'll be quarantining it and banning hype' it'll be interesting to see if anyone/how many jump to blaming Moba.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5798 on: October 22, 2021, 11:47:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-white-man-has-effectively-gotten-away-with-murder-shot-and-killed-unarmed-muslim-man-in-his-car-not-arrested-or-charged.504102/page-2#post-75734451

WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK. I was literally in Martindale, TX today. My gf and I stopped there on the way back home to Austin from a day trip to pick up a housewarming gift for our friend and have some coffee. She even mentioned it was cute af and how it wouldn't be bad to live there since its not that far from Austin.

I felt something fishy about the town when an old woman who we crossed said hi to her but ignore me, giving me a strange look.

:ego

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #5800 on: October 23, 2021, 01:16:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-cnbc-new-story-about-the-pfizer-vaccine-showing-91-efficacy-for-kids-has-an-8-1-dislike-ratio-on-youtube.504411/
The majority of people who actually care about this aren't wasting their time to comment or like a video. Anti-vaxxers and Trump people are actively sitting at their computers looking for things to down vote and get pissed off about.
Yep my thoughts exactly. These sad morons are just constantly scouring for vaccine news.
This is nothing new these fools always wasting time to downvote something
its mostly idiots in comments sections so whatevers
Quote from: TaySan
Just a loud minority that has a lot fo free time.
They live to become angry at things that may challenge their world view
Trumpers are glued to their phones, especially the Boomer ones. They never fucking get off their phones.
it's only the crazies who get angry and dislike it and post bullshit
Small right wing bubbles and bot farms live for waging war in comment sections
Majority of people on youtube who watch those videos are the same kind of viewers who follow Quarterpounder and geeks and gamers™ and their chud friends. Disliking everything and ruining comments with their dumb takes.
These are the very loud but small minority, just happening to meet up in one place and appear like a large majority because it’s the internet and they figured out how to make themselves look big.
:spiders

Not all kids deserve parents.
:what

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5801 on: October 23, 2021, 01:16:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot23-marvel-at-the-creative-bankruptcy.494016/page-144#post-75639639

Thanks, you made me very uncomfortable to be a playstation fan.
I'm happy that more people will play this amazing games. And I will not buy a 3000$ computer and a desk for a room i don't have to play 4 years old games.
You are the problem, not playstation.
:shaking

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5802 on: October 23, 2021, 01:26:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/medical-era-my-wife-is-in-pain-yes-we%E2%80%99ve-been-to-the-doctor.504357/

Go to a different doctor. Women are notoriously misdiagnosed or ignored. Just go to another doctor.

He/Him

ShutUp

« Reply #5803 on: October 23, 2021, 02:43:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-cnbc-new-story-about-the-pfizer-vaccine-showing-91-efficacy-for-kids-has-an-8-1-dislike-ratio-on-youtube.504411/
The majority of people who actually care about this aren't wasting their time to comment or like a video. Anti-vaxxers and Trump people are actively sitting at their computers looking for things to down vote and get pissed off about.
Yep my thoughts exactly. These sad morons are just constantly scouring for vaccine news.
This is nothing new these fools always wasting time to downvote something
its mostly idiots in comments sections so whatevers
Quote from: TaySan
Just a loud minority that has a lot fo free time.
They live to become angry at things that may challenge their world view
Trumpers are glued to their phones, especially the Boomer ones. They never fucking get off their phones.
it's only the crazies who get angry and dislike it and post bullshit
Small right wing bubbles and bot farms live for waging war in comment sections
Majority of people on youtube who watch those videos are the same kind of viewers who follow Quarterpounder and geeks and gamers™ and their chud friends. Disliking everything and ruining comments with their dumb takes.
These are the very loud but small minority, just happening to meet up in one place and appear like a large majority because it’s the internet and they figured out how to make themselves look big.
:spiders

Not all kids deserve parents.
:what

That last one is definitely from a serial killer.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5804 on: October 23, 2021, 03:14:51 AM »
I'll never understand the mindest of people who 'like' things. Especially news content.

Bore Expert

« Reply #5805 on: October 23, 2021, 03:39:44 AM »
I'll never understand the mindest of people who 'like' things. Especially news content.

I walked into the Bire on Bourbon Street tonight and thought of you fellas. A thread full of likes, every shade from moblin likes to Filler likes. I could feel your thirst all the way from here.  Then I ate jambalaya and gumbo while awaiting glorious return of MetooD2 aka boberts

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5806 on: October 23, 2021, 04:45:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-white-man-has-effectively-gotten-away-with-murder-shot-and-killed-unarmed-muslim-man-in-his-car-not-arrested-or-charged.504102/page-2#post-75734451

WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK. I was literally in Martindale, TX today. My gf and I stopped there on the way back home to Austin from a day trip to pick up a housewarming gift for our friend and have some coffee. She even mentioned it was cute af and how it wouldn't be bad to live there since its not that far from Austin.

I felt something fishy about the town when an old woman who we crossed said hi to her but ignore me, giving me a strange look.

:ego

"That's him officer! He got away with murdering an innocent muslim"  :karen

"Lady, do you have any idea how many Dick Cheney killed"  :iface
🤴

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #5807 on: October 23, 2021, 05:58:13 AM »
ree staff are already payed what they’re worth tho

Nah those fucks should be paying for their ERAclear.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #5808 on: October 23, 2021, 06:47:25 AM »
Chris Pratt marries in the wrong church: Wow he needs to be dismembered by horses!
Alec Baldwin kills Simeone: Poor man, Trump Is probably trying to frame him for Murder!

Now, im not saying Baldwin Is Indeed culpable, but it's funny to see how charitable and loyal to due process, they suddenly all have become. :thinking

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5809 on: October 23, 2021, 06:59:27 AM »
The investigation seems to point towards the production company cutting costs and replacing crew members on the morning of the incident.

Guess who owns the Production company.

Donald Trump
impersonator Alec Baldwin.
[close]
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #5810 on: October 23, 2021, 07:07:05 AM »
The investigation seems to point towards the production company cutting costs and replacing crew members on the morning of the incident.

Guess who owns the Production company.

Donald Trump
impersonator Alec Baldwin.
[close]
There are seven production companies, only one is owned by Alec Baldwin.

Hermit

« Reply #5811 on: October 23, 2021, 08:34:27 AM »
https://famiboards.com/threads/any-install-base-moderators-around-here-help-me.634/

Hi, excuse this thread, but I signed up for Install Base several days ago.
My account must be approved by an administrator and it has been several days and I have not received any reply, which is strange to me, I do not know if there is any reason or the moderator forgot about me, help me and forgive for this thread.:cry:

:lawd

Snoopycat_

« Reply #5812 on: October 23, 2021, 08:49:44 AM »
not sure if I’ll keep my account. Don’t want to make a knee jerk reaction. I do think if there was a mass walkout My mind would be swayed. not because I’m a sheep

marrec

« Reply #5813 on: October 23, 2021, 09:00:14 AM »

I walked into the Bire on Bourbon Street tonight and thought of you fellas. A thread full of likes, every shade from moblin likes to Filler likes. I could feel your thirst all the way from here.  Then I ate jambalaya and gumbo while awaiting glorious return of MetooD2 aka boberts

I’ve been getting more Filler likes than moblin likes recently but, as they say, any port in a storm if you know what I mean.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #5814 on: October 23, 2021, 10:28:37 AM »
Taco Bell Tower likes this post

BIONIC

« Reply #5815 on: October 23, 2021, 12:19:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-new-leak-says-that-nrs-new-game-might-be-a-smash-clone-for-wb-characters-named-multiversus.504609/page-3#post-75754758

Quote from: MerluzaSamus, post: 75749979, member: 50291
Honestly, I trust r/GamingLeaksAndRumours even less than 4chan

Quote from: Neoxon, post: 75754476, member: 80
This, there isn’t much reason to believe them.

Quote from: Neoxon, post: 75754758, member: 80
While I obviously have doubts about a random Reddit rumor, this roster better have some ethnic diversity right from the start, including at least one Black character right from the start (something even NASB couldn't manage, though NASB did do better with Asian representation in the base roster).

“This clearly made-up rumor of a non-existent game better have a diverse roster, or else!”
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #5816 on: October 23, 2021, 12:33:28 PM »
Taco Bell Tower likes this post
This like was brought to you by Yum! Brands.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #5817 on: October 23, 2021, 01:53:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-new-leak-says-that-nrs-new-game-might-be-a-smash-clone-for-wb-characters-named-multiversus.504609/page-3#post-75754758

Quote from: MerluzaSamus, post: 75749979, member: 50291
Honestly, I trust r/GamingLeaksAndRumours even less than 4chan

Quote from: Neoxon, post: 75754476, member: 80
This, there isn’t much reason to believe them.

Quote from: Neoxon, post: 75754758, member: 80
While I obviously have doubts about a random Reddit rumor, this roster better have some ethnic diversity right from the start, including at least one Black character right from the start (something even NASB couldn't manage, though NASB did do better with Asian representation in the base roster).

“This clearly made-up rumor of a non-existent game better have a diverse roster, or else!”

:girlaff what is it with this loser :girlaff

did his dad molest him with a smash bros 1 cartridge and tell him he did it because the roster wasn't diverse? :info
(ice)

marrec

« Reply #5818 on: October 23, 2021, 01:53:58 PM »
Atwood shared another opinion article on Twitter. The predictable cycle continues as very online assholes will now escalate their harassment and further galvanize Atwood’s negative feelings about the entire online activist space.

Everyone knows this is how it goes but I guess yelling at an old women online helps fill the black pit that their lives have become.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #5819 on: October 23, 2021, 01:57:16 PM »
the winning move is to just ignore it, don't back down or apologise because you are now a branded a wicked wicked devil for life so no matter what you say it you'll never be forgiven, and getting into a beef with them will just lead to any public appearances (or whatever) becoming a nuisance :trumps
(ice)