Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1828070 times)

marrec

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #6120 on: October 26, 2021, 04:22:04 PM »
Going by those definitions I don’t think Dave Chapelle is a TERF yall

Edit: Oh shit top of the page just imagine I put a hot squid here

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #6121 on: October 26, 2021, 04:22:10 PM »
A person can determine with 99.9% accuracy whether someone is male or female within seconds of seeing them. The scenario of being attracted to a trans woman and then spurning her upon finding a penis is pure fiction.
Oi Oi

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6122 on: October 26, 2021, 04:51:05 PM »
A person can determine with 99.9% accuracy whether someone is male or female within seconds of seeing them. The scenario of being attracted to a trans woman and then spurning her upon finding a penis is pure fiction.

there is such a thing as telling yourself "ok, I can make this work" and then when the moment comes you realize gee golly I really can't make this work, can I
Uncle

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #6123 on: October 26, 2021, 04:52:22 PM »

Is this observation valid in Thailand?
:O

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6124 on: October 26, 2021, 04:52:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dune-who-i-just-watched-gods-not-dead-4-we-the-people.505584/

ITT: Lionel Mandrakes shtick versus Era as literal misery cult. Will it even make three pages?

« Reply #6125 on: October 26, 2021, 04:52:31 PM »
There's just something really sinister to me about fighting for bodily autonomy and then shaming people for it afterwards.  It absolutely does feel like an almost soft coercion, though usually not in the moment and more as a long term suggestion thing to try and alter one's tastes.

Like yeah, rejection sucks, especially when it's something beyond your control.  If the way people talk about dating apps online is accurate, I'm apparently undateable there due to being short.  I could call people shallow for it, but in the end I'm not in the business of changing someone's preferences when a lot of that is hard ingrained in them, whether through years of societal conditioning or birth.  Why would anyone put effort into "deprogramming" themselves when there's plenty of people that DO fit their preferences, unless they run into the 1 in 10000 scenario of finding someone with a dealbreaker trait that they end up falling for over other reasons?

That said, it's also easier to feel this way but never vocalize it with most groups these days because it's apparent at the outset.  Yeah, there's dumbasses on Tinder or wherever with "no blacks" in their profiles, but the only negative of not putting that in there if that's how you truly feel is you have to go through more profiles before you get a match.  You're not waiting until you're both naked to get to the dealbreaker event when everything is a thousand times more awkward for it.  That's really only a thing with trans people if they don't volunteer the information upfront outside of other rare issues people have with hidden body traits (maybe someone has trypophobia and they find their one-night stand partner has a bunch of holes in their body or something).  It's even trickier with post-op and becomes more akin to a disagreeable belief that someone could have that would make you not want to sleep with them ("ew, I'm not having sex with a Trump voter!").  I think it's good to be honest with people about anything that could make them rescind consent, even if it makes you feel shitty afterwards.  That obviously doesn't give them the right to be violent if they find out after the deed is already done, but always using that as a counterpoint is pure deflection.

You want to analyze why people feel the way they do?  Go for it.  It's an interesting and very complicated topic.  But don't shame people for it unless it extends outside the realm of attraction, in which case it's a different topic altogether.

marrec

« Reply #6126 on: October 26, 2021, 05:08:12 PM »

Some trans women have penises and I don’t want to date someone with a penis. Also I’m married so dating is kinda out of the question anyway.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #6127 on: October 26, 2021, 05:12:06 PM »
Trans-Inclusive Radical Feminist, a TERF with different window dressing. They still share a lot of things in common, like the belief that a women-only space will be free of oppression or abuse. (Sorry, gonna soapbox a bit here)

Where a TERF believes it’s growing up with a penis and testosterone that makes someone fundamentally harmful and destructive, a TIRF believes it’s their masculinity. So TERFs exclude trans women but want trans men back as their “lost lesbian sisters”, and TIRFs accept trans women who have rejected masculinity sufficiently, but see trans men as the worst kind of traitor. Both varieties of radical feminist still believe men, however they define them, are fundamentally bad and oppressive, and cannot ever interact with or be in relationships with women without harming them.

Both groups, in my mind, fail to realize that women are just as capable of cruelty and evil as men are, and what makes a space safe is not its demographic makeup but the way its members agree to treat each other; that sex discrimination is not the only form of oppression in the world, and race, class, disability, and other factors can be just as important; and that lateral violence is not the same as fighting oppression

:mindblown

I read all that and just think “bitches are really crazy”

Propagandhim

« Reply #6128 on: October 26, 2021, 05:25:57 PM »
In the middle of the conversation, just frown, and audibly sigh and say, "Fine, I'll fuck someone I don't want to fuck if you want me to.  Gosh, I really wish I didn't have to, but I'll do it if you want."

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6129 on: October 26, 2021, 05:27:59 PM »
In the middle of the conversation, just frown, and audibly sigh and say, "Fine, I'll fuck someone I don't want to fuck if you want me to.  Gosh, I really wish I didn't have to, but I'll do it if you want."

the whole problem is the not wanting to

you have to say "fine, I'll start wanting to fuck them...I probably won't, but I'll be sure to communicate that I desperately want to. I'll self-identify as pan, just for you"
Uncle

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6131 on: October 26, 2021, 05:43:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ex-blizzard-dev-who-denied-allegations-has-founded-a-new-studio-of-men-and-lists-the-only-woman-as-a-dog.505914

:lol :lol :lol :doge

Lol, OP got bullied by Morrigan into closing the thread.

lolol when the horrific crime turns out to be him saying "I never saw any abuse"

https://twitter.com/ParsySham/status/1452905332288724999

This guy probably knew less than Jason Schreier
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 05:48:41 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6132 on: October 26, 2021, 05:46:07 PM »
Go away we only want them and theirs making video games about inclusivity and diversity :social

Okay, me and the boys will just go make video games somewhere else  :gamer :rodney

Next up

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why are gamers leaving World of Warcraft even after we included new hair styles and removed all the binary language :social

I guess they like our game 'KINGDOM OF KNIGHTS & MAIDENS' better :gamer :rodney
[close]
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6133 on: October 26, 2021, 06:19:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ex-blizzard-dev-who-denied-allegations-has-founded-a-new-studio-of-men-and-lists-the-only-woman-as-a-dog.505914
It has to be seen to be believed. Won’t be long before the first press story. Way to keep a low profile. Muppets.
poor dog.
can't imagine the amount of abuse that dog gets.
"Notorious" is certainly a word choice.
Pretty misleading title I expected far worse based on the wording. It’s an actual dog.

What do we call a female dog again?
Anddddd that’s what is being passed around Twitter, it’s on the nose as fuck, pretty blatant
Can't really be more on the nose.
We call a female dog "a good girl" .... but yeah they know what they're doing.
The fact that many of us assumed this was a real possibility before clicking through speaks volumes of the founder and of the studio.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #6134 on: October 26, 2021, 06:48:18 PM »
OBE

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6135 on: October 26, 2021, 06:56:09 PM »
The fact that many of us assumed [...] speaks volumes of the founder and of the studio.

That's one way to see it :lol

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #6136 on: October 26, 2021, 07:15:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nfl-houston-texans-ceo-at-charity-golf-event-%E2%80%9Ci%E2%80%99m-sorry-that-we-couldn%E2%80%99t-get-together-last-year-because-of-the-china-virus-%E2%80%9D.505929/#post-75935625

User Banned (permanent): troll account
Quote from: Sanatana
I’m a little confused as to how it’s racist to call COVID “The China virus” as that’s where it originated from, kind of like the Hong Kong flu from the 80’s. I’m genuinely not trying to be Sinophobic or support anything this guy says, just curious.
Edit: Thank you for your thoughtful answers. They definitely make a lot of sense.
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #6137 on: October 26, 2021, 07:44:08 PM »
The fact that many of us assumed [...] speaks volumes of the founder and of the studio.

The fact that the founder and the studio didn't actively deny this completely made up story with no sources before it got a thread says a lot about them though.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6138 on: October 26, 2021, 07:53:10 PM »

They literally didn't even know the guy. This assumption doesn't speak volumes about this random developer, it speaks volumes about you, you dolts.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #6141 on: October 26, 2021, 08:21:44 PM »
Do you have a minute to talk about Transcendental Meditation, tho?

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #6142 on: October 26, 2021, 08:26:01 PM »
as long as we just meditate and they don't make me touch their dicks I have no problem :dice
(ice)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #6144 on: October 26, 2021, 08:31:58 PM »
User Warned: Inappropriate Commentary

Red E.M.M.I. got jipped a emmi zone. Quite disheartening

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #6145 on: October 26, 2021, 09:50:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nsfw-have-you-ever-tried-locking-yourself-away-by-which-i-mean.506013/#post-75948252

Oh Great now Google has this in my search history.

Yup my targeted ads surely just got a little bit more fucked

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #6146 on: October 26, 2021, 10:25:39 PM »
Since August and been to the ER.

yeah ok jan sure thing

benjipwns

« Reply #6147 on: October 26, 2021, 10:32:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nsfw-have-you-ever-tried-locking-yourself-away-by-which-i-mean.506013/
I’m pretty sure this is a hippa violation
Hipaa isn’t just identifying an individual by name. there was a nurse fired from a hospital cause she posted about a child sufferring from a disease that is rare in the developed worid cause Of vaccinations. She was fired for criticizing the mother Who had not vaccinated the child.
No, it is not a HIPAA violation for a random person to post something they claim to have been told by a barely specified ("my sister") nurse who witnessed it.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #6148 on: October 26, 2021, 11:27:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/did-you-ever-quit-playing-a-game-because-of-a-patch.505827/#post-75922962

User Banned (Duration Pending Review): Inappropriate Commentary; History of Trolling and Inappropriate Behaviour
Quote from: Edge
I quit Rainbow Six like 2 years ago when they started to bend down and open the butthole deep for China and announced changes to the game when it came to blood and Caveira, maps and several other things. I know they backtracked a bit from their initial plans but I was disgusted and done with this game.

OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #6150 on: October 27, 2021, 12:06:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/even-though-im-disappointed-with-the-direction-that-tpc-is-going-with-brilliant-diamond-and-shining-pearl-i-can-already-feel-that-incoming-desire.506004/

The Star Wars image makes it more cringe. Fucking Pokefans, man.

I wasn't planning to buy this, but at this point everything else for the end of 2021 that I was interested in has been delayed, so I might as well.

Wasn't planning on buying but going to anyway  :brain

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #6151 on: October 27, 2021, 12:18:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/farcry-6-is-sending-emails-mocking-people-for-quitting-the-game.505728/page-13#post-75951783

Quote from: Cucked By Eden, post: 75951783, member: 8191
That tweet in the OP genuinely reads like a parody that someone made to make fun of how often people distort information and offer faux outrage for likes on social media. Especially given that it's literally a stat tracker and not at all what the very misleading thread title implies.

:spiders
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #6152 on: October 27, 2021, 12:23:28 AM »
That Farcry email thread  :lol

If people stopped playing your game, maybe the issue is with how boring your game is?

This is pathetic

Pot, meet kettle.

Funny, I said "Surely you can do better than this" after playing the game for 3 hours too!

I would uninstall out of pure spite.

Yeah.... it's not funny.
It would be funny if it wasn't coming from one of the blandest studios in the world. And also from one that doesn't enable rape.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/farcry-6-is-sending-emails-mocking-people-for-quitting-the-game.505728/

:trigger :social :social2 :brazilcry

benjipwns

« Reply #6153 on: October 27, 2021, 12:53:24 AM »
in a different world i would say thats clever, and an imersive way to breach the distance between art and real life, ...

but in the reality we live i would like this to be illegal
:era

ShutUp

« Reply #6154 on: October 27, 2021, 03:02:17 AM »
Threads like this gotta have the M.O.B.A. Network looking for a ‘Cancel Order’ button.

:dead

benjipwns

« Reply #6155 on: October 27, 2021, 03:02:52 AM »
User Banned (3 days): trolling

Oh I'm excited to see the Era takes on this since those who actually follow sales closely left the site.
What happened there?
I'm always the last to find out about these things. Um what happened?
did something happen?
drama from the media create thread over guidelines/bans/discord mod commentary -> exodus. That's the gist, though I didn't follow along in detail.
User warned: thread derail

It depends on who you ask, but essentially a mod went into one of the main threads and a lot of users felt he targeted a user (who was the main one doing the sales stuff and started those threads) and got caught bragging about banning him on a Discord and saying some very not nice things in the process, the mod got to keep his position despite many of them feeling he abused his power despite apologies from various staff member, and that community largely left. A lot more happened in the midst of that, but that is the basic gist of it.
Sounds like an old forum I used to be a member of, can't quite remember the name...
You are now a commodity
wonder how they determined which one to warn for this :hmm

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #6156 on: October 27, 2021, 03:59:11 AM »
:umad :umad :umad :umad

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #6157 on: October 27, 2021, 04:16:27 AM »

Cerium RN.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #6158 on: October 27, 2021, 05:56:35 AM »
Here's why Ree can't get out of their parent's basement -

I know Pixel 4a's retail for $349 but if the cost of each phone is $300, Google could give away 50 million of these type of phones away for free each year instead of paying Apple 15b+ a year.

Why doesn't Google substantially undercut iPhones in pricing vs giving Apple 15b+ a year? Yeah they would lose some business from iOS users but a lot of iPhone users would still use Google search and they could take substantial smartphone marketshare by drastically reducing the price of Pixel phones.

Another bonus is that paying Apple 15b a year has put them into even more antitrust scrutiny so they should probably stop doing that.

I look at the price of Chromebooks which can do 90% of what a macbook that cost 5x as much so not saying they aren't greedy but I think apple is top tier when it comes to greed.

Why don't Ferrari give their cars away for free? My Mazda hairdryer can do 90% of what an 812 can do

Ghoul

« Reply #6159 on: October 27, 2021, 06:01:12 AM »
Saying a chromebook can do 90% of what a macbook can do is being VERY generous.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #6160 on: October 27, 2021, 06:20:31 AM »
Here's why Ree can't get out of their parent's basement -

I know Pixel 4a's retail for $349 but if the cost of each phone is $300, Google could give away 50 million of these type of phones away for free each year instead of paying Apple 15b+ a year.

Why doesn't Google substantially undercut iPhones in pricing vs giving Apple 15b+ a year? Yeah they would lose some business from iOS users but a lot of iPhone users would still use Google search and they could take substantial smartphone marketshare by drastically reducing the price of Pixel phones.

Another bonus is that paying Apple 15b a year has put them into even more antitrust scrutiny so they should probably stop doing that.

I look at the price of Chromebooks which can do 90% of what a macbook that cost 5x as much so not saying they aren't greedy but I think apple is top tier when it comes to greed.

Why don't Ferrari give their cars away for free? My Mazda hairdryer can do 90% of what an 812 can do
This is a community where the leaders watched the owner make off with $4.5m and their response was to say, "I didn't want any money for doing this job that has required therapy anyway!"

Do you really wonder why they can't get out of their parents' basement?
Spud

jorma

« Reply #6161 on: October 27, 2021, 06:24:51 AM »
Saying a chromebook can do 90% of what a macbook can do is being VERY generous.

yeah, to apple  :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6162 on: October 27, 2021, 06:30:07 AM »
wonder how they determined which one to warn for this :hmm

:ohyou

leaving the usernames off the posts...

Kurt Russell

« Reply #6163 on: October 27, 2021, 06:30:39 AM »

Underdeveloped leg muscles due to excessive soy consumption?
woke

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #6164 on: October 27, 2021, 06:40:54 AM »
Yeah Dr Phil is sus as hell which is why I didn't link the video but in it yeah he comes off as really unnerving. Like he was smiling throughout the whole thing.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-do-you-think-of-the-jonben%C3%A9t-ramsey-murder-case.505650/#post-75906318

benjipwns

« Reply #6165 on: October 27, 2021, 06:46:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-do-you-think-of-the-jonben%C3%A9t-ramsey-murder-case.505650/
The brother was also successful in taking people to court over this so it’s clear there is simply no evidence substantiating this theory.
Not how evidence works.

Also I just found out that Lin Wood was the Ramsey's attorney lol
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 06:51:12 AM by benjipwns »

nudemacusers

« Reply #6166 on: October 27, 2021, 06:47:04 AM »
only losers/poors buy chromebooks. straight self-own purchase. snuggie-tier product.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Snoopycat_

« Reply #6167 on: October 27, 2021, 06:50:58 AM »

This is a community where the leaders watched the owner make off with $4.5m and their response was to say, "I didn't want any money for doing this job that has required therapy anyway!"

Well, I like to think that if Slayven can do it, then there's hope for the other vegetables

PogiJones

Kurt Russell

« Reply #6169 on: October 27, 2021, 07:48:49 AM »
only losers/poors buy chromebooks. straight self-own purchase. snuggie-tier product.

My Chromebook is probably the best portable development device I've ever used. I get that if you just care about branding it's not so appealing though.
woke

nudemacusers

« Reply #6170 on: October 27, 2021, 08:42:22 AM »

My Chromebook is probably the best portable development device I've ever used. I get that if you just care about branding it's not so appealing though.
I recognize a cry for help when I see one, you don't have to do this alone:

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org
1-800-273-8255
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Kurt Russell

« Reply #6171 on: October 27, 2021, 08:44:11 AM »

I recognize a cry for help when I see one, you don't have to do this alone:

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org
1-800-273-8255

Nobody use telephones or Macs anymore, boomer.
woke

Hermit

« Reply #6172 on: October 27, 2021, 08:49:04 AM »
can you watch anime on a chromebook? that's the only reason I'd get one

:uguu

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6173 on: October 27, 2021, 09:01:21 AM »
Posting this from a Chromebook right now
:gentleman

can you watch anime on a chromebook? that's the only reason I'd get one

:uguu

Of course you can go watch your hentai shows! 

You can use a Chromebook to run Chrome OS stuff, Android apps, and recently Linux apps work.  I have a Chromebook Duet tablet that I use mainly for just social media shit and streaming- it works great and even as a budget device is pretty fast. You get the full desktop version of the Chrome browser, so extensions work unlike with the mobile version.
ど助平

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #6174 on: October 27, 2021, 09:08:12 AM »
chrome drones will be the first to get "the chip" when big daddy goog offers it to them.

marrec

« Reply #6175 on: October 27, 2021, 09:12:24 AM »
People ITT use chromebooks?

Lets see what Yum! Brands(tm) has to say about their forum allowing poors to register :hhh

Hermit

« Reply #6176 on: October 27, 2021, 09:15:20 AM »
jokes on you I have an xX Epic Xx Legion gamer laptop 

:rash

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6177 on: October 27, 2021, 09:32:05 AM »
People ITT use chromebooks?

Lets see what Yum! Brands(tm) has to say about their forum allowing poors to register :hhh

Yes, I have a Chromebook in addition to my four Windows PCs.  Do you think that's not enough?  Perhaps I should get another one.
:snob
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #6178 on: October 27, 2021, 09:33:09 AM »
more like chromecuck :corona_rodney
(ice)

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #6179 on: October 27, 2021, 09:36:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/amy-pascal-recalls-the-moment-kevin-fiege-proposed-letting-marvel-pictures-make-spider-man.504483/page-2#post-75737235

User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns of Sexism; Drive-By Posting
Quote from: Azzazel
Quote from: nonoriri
Bitches be crazy and don't know anything about man-spider comics, amirite fellas???
When it comes to Amy Pascal that's very much the case.
OBE