Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1785917 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #6180 on: October 27, 2021, 09:37:51 AM »
:mynicca
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6181 on: October 27, 2021, 09:45:23 AM »
 :anhuld
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6182 on: October 27, 2021, 09:46:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/amy-pascal-recalls-the-moment-kevin-fiege-proposed-letting-marvel-pictures-make-spider-man.504483/page-2#post-75737235

User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns of Sexism; Drive-By Posting
Quote from: Azzazel
Quote from: nonoriri
Bitches be crazy and don't know anything about man-spider comics, amirite fellas???
When it comes to Amy Pascal that's very much the case.

The framing of this article relies on highly misogynistic tropes of women that are harmful beyond Pascal. Like you realize this right?
The framing of the article are literal quotes from Pascal herself. Are you suggesting she was misquoted?

:lol :lol :lol

No wonder that guy got got, they musta been mashing the report button to try and un-selfown

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6183 on: October 27, 2021, 10:02:02 AM »
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6184 on: October 27, 2021, 10:10:49 AM »
Imagine caping for Amy Pascal.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #6185 on: October 27, 2021, 10:21:30 AM »

I wonder why that works.

:thinking

Talking about her being upset, and using that moment to throw in the "she cried" quote, to make her seem emotional, even though the actual full quote says something more along the lines of "I either cried or threw a sandwich, I don't remember which", which is more humorous and less meant to be an emotional moment.

Imagine accidentally showing your ass, and you've preconceived notions of crying being a weak thing coming out.

nudemacusers

« Reply #6186 on: October 27, 2021, 10:23:21 AM »
Omg I’m surrounded by chrome book users here
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

marrec

« Reply #6187 on: October 27, 2021, 10:27:02 AM »
more like chromecuck :corona_rodney

Chrombook

(Image removed from quote.)

:anhuld

NGL if they advertised Chromebooks with Arnold as Conan I would probably buy a Chromebook.

Right, gross...

- Posted from my Legion 7 Windows Laptop

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6188 on: October 27, 2021, 10:30:51 AM »
Imagine caping for Amy Pascal.

nowhere near as good at handling large vector math as Amy Fortran  :hmph
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6189 on: October 27, 2021, 10:32:20 AM »
reported uncle

jfc

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6190 on: October 27, 2021, 10:45:39 AM »
Talking about her being upset, and using that moment to throw in the "she cried" quote, to make her seem emotional, even though the actual full quote says something more along the lines of "I either cried or threw a sandwich, I don't remember which", which is more humorous and less meant to be an emotional moment.

Imagine accidentally showing your ass, and you've preconceived notions of crying being a weak thing coming out.

Internalized misogyny  :riot
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6191 on: October 27, 2021, 10:51:47 AM »
Thanks. What was so bad about it? Genuine question, haven't listened (and may not now).
It basically was saying that the BBC had been "strong armed" into listening to advice from stonewall on how to approach LGBTQ subjects editorially and also advice for staff. But it painted Stonewall as a political action group and that their involvement didn't allow "both sides of the argument" to be heard. There was only one source in the article I read based on the podcast. Complete BS of an article and I presume podcast.

Stonewall openly being a political activist group, and also being found recently by an independent tribunal to be giving actually illegal advice in their 'diversity' program, resulting in multiple corporate adopters dropping them?
And the BBC let this be known?

Wow, fucking awful reporting of factually accurate events that happen to be inconvenient to Stonewall as both an activist organistion and as a paid for corporate consultancy service.

nudemacusers

« Reply #6192 on: October 27, 2021, 10:52:43 AM »

Internalized misogyny  :riot
I wish more here would show their ass :drool
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6193 on: October 27, 2021, 11:05:18 AM »
check you pm

Kurt Russell

« Reply #6194 on: October 27, 2021, 11:29:08 AM »
People ITT use chromebooks?

Lets see what Yum! Brands(tm) has to say about their forum allowing poors to register :hhh

Is there anyone here connected to Era who might be able to get marrec un-lepered? Please?
woke

marrec

« Reply #6195 on: October 27, 2021, 11:30:16 AM »
Thanks. What was so bad about it? Genuine question, haven't listened (and may not now).
It basically was saying that the BBC had been "strong armed" into listening to advice from stonewall on how to approach LGBTQ subjects editorially and also advice for staff. But it painted Stonewall as a political action group and that their involvement didn't allow "both sides of the argument" to be heard. There was only one source in the article I read based on the podcast. Complete BS of an article and I presume podcast.

Stonewall openly being a political activist group, and also being found recently by an independent tribunal to be giving actually illegal advice in their 'diversity' program, resulting in multiple corporate adopters dropping them?
And the BBC let this be known?

Wow, fucking awful reporting of factually accurate events that happen to be inconvenient to Stonewall as both an activist organistion and as a paid for corporate consultancy service.

Wow big yikes for reporting that a politically interested gathering of activists is a political activist group. I'm cancelling my BBC subscription ASAP.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6196 on: October 27, 2021, 11:30:45 AM »
Jorma (I think?) owns shares in MOBA, so technically has more financial investment in Era than Bitch-Dubs does :snob

marrec

« Reply #6197 on: October 27, 2021, 11:34:02 AM »

Lets see what Yum! Brands(tm) has to say about their forum allowing poors to register :hhh

Is there anyone here connected to Era who might be able to get marrec un-lepered? Please?

Like the prophets of old I've been mocked and ostracized from every community for telling the truth so you're stuck with me until my fat shaming gets too intense for Demi and I'm forced to move on from here as well.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6198 on: October 27, 2021, 11:38:20 AM »
just ask jorma to file a motion at the next shareholders meeting.

Also, plz ban incelchief

Kurt Russell

« Reply #6199 on: October 27, 2021, 11:38:54 AM »

Using a Chromebook with a native Debian Bullseye Crostini container to do actual work on :lawd

Using a pleb-tier BSD OS and pretending that the butterfly keyboard is actually good  :donot
woke

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #6200 on: October 27, 2021, 11:48:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/amy-pascal-recalls-the-moment-kevin-fiege-proposed-letting-marvel-pictures-make-spider-man.504483/page-2#post-75737235

User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns of Sexism; Drive-By Posting
Quote from: Azzazel
Quote from: nonoriri
Bitches be crazy and don't know anything about man-spider comics, amirite fellas???

Amy Pascal is trash. I remember her making racist jokes about Obama. Fuck her.

Seriously its really fucked seeing people defend her ass

James Gunn makes pedo jokes and Ree defends him. :rethread

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6201 on: October 27, 2021, 11:51:22 AM »

jorma

« Reply #6202 on: October 27, 2021, 11:54:04 AM »

Also, plz ban incelchief

i'll see what i can do, but i already filed a motion to earmark the era clear money towards hiring dave chapelle for a gig at the next office party - not sure if me and my 500 dollar investment gives me the clout to get marrec unbanned as well  :doge

Kurt Russell

« Reply #6203 on: October 27, 2021, 11:59:12 AM »
i'll see what i can do, but i already filed a motion to earmark the era clear money towards hiring dave chapelle for a gig at the next office party - not sure if me and my 500 dollar investment gives me the clout to get marrec unbanned as well  :doge

If you can make it happen, I'll chip in.
woke

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6204 on: October 27, 2021, 12:01:09 PM »

Also, plz ban incelchief

I’ll unban marrec from The Bore for half that. Let me just ban him first, then I’ll let you know where to send the cash.
©@©™

marrec

« Reply #6205 on: October 27, 2021, 12:03:36 PM »
wait pls

Ok after further thought I'll invest in my own unbanning no PR is bad PR
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 12:08:37 PM by marrec »

jorma

« Reply #6206 on: October 27, 2021, 12:05:36 PM »

Also, plz ban incelchief

I’ll unban marrec from The Bore for half that. Let me just ban him first, then I’ll let you know where to send the cash.

that's... not really how investing works  :lol

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #6207 on: October 27, 2021, 12:08:07 PM »

Also, plz ban incelchief

James told me it is :pika
Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #6208 on: October 27, 2021, 12:09:14 PM »

Also, plz ban incelchief

exactly.  at least let me pump him before you dump him.

:cody

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6209 on: October 27, 2021, 12:11:24 PM »

Also, plz ban incelchief

Okay, I'll throw in a 10% nonvoting stake in The Bore LLC.
©@©™

« Reply #6210 on: October 27, 2021, 12:13:08 PM »
Knowing most security officials are conservative….

https://www.resetera.com/threads/united-states-issues-its-1st-passport-with-%E2%80%98x%E2%80%99-gender-marker.506196/

We will hear stories of tsa agent laughing a lot.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #6211 on: October 27, 2021, 12:13:15 PM »
Did someone say investing
:O

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6212 on: October 27, 2021, 12:41:59 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/united-states-issues-its-1st-passport-with-%E2%80%98x%E2%80%99-gender-marker.506196/

All I'd need to do is add a "y" into my first name and voila, it looks feminine

Jaymes

:pika
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 01:05:25 PM by Cauliflower Of Love »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #6213 on: October 27, 2021, 12:57:10 PM »
That Jaymes sure is something.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/anti-gay-rapper-boosie-badazz-says-he-hired-woman-to-sexually-assault-his-12-13-year-old-sons.204153/page-6#post-75781398

For some 12 year olds this might seem great, but how desperate does a fully grown woman have to be for money to be a pedophile? Was the prostitute a heroin addict, meth head or crack fiend? Or was the sexual act done in a country where the age of consent is lower then the rest of the developed world? A lot of people have a weird one way of looking at these things where their hypocrisy is deeply rooted in misogyny because they sure as hell wouldn't be getting a fully grown man on their twelve year old daughter (the exception being parasites who whore out their own children).

I'm pretty sure it's bad for a person's long term development if they loose their virginity at thirteen or younger. Anthony Kleidis from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers being one such example whose dad paid for him to have sex with a prostitute at thirteen causing Anthony to grow up as a bit of a rapey consent violating douche bag who seemingly just formed a band of frat boys to fuck girls/women. There's a messed up video of the group on Youtube sexually harassing some guy's wife to the point of tears on French national television.

marrec

« Reply #6214 on: October 27, 2021, 12:58:35 PM »

All I'd need to do is add a "y" into my first name and voila, it looks feminine

Jaymes

:what

:nope  Jaymes

:ohyeah  Yjaymes

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6215 on: October 27, 2021, 01:20:07 PM »
Jymys
©@©™

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #6216 on: October 27, 2021, 01:23:18 PM »
Gaymes?

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez

Tuckers Law

« Reply #6218 on: October 27, 2021, 01:30:24 PM »

Wow big yikes for reporting that a politically interested gathering of activists is a political activist group. I'm cancelling my BBC subscription ASAP.
This news is not going to go over well with Team Filler.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #6219 on: October 27, 2021, 01:38:55 PM »
Royalan, is that you?

Oi Oi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6220 on: October 27, 2021, 01:51:19 PM »
I considered buying a chromebook

Got one of my employees an RTX3060 equipped laptop, which is great because she wanted to play video games as well but useless as a portable device because the battery lasts about 40 to 90 minutes at best.
When I was in Switzerland a friend of fine brought his Chromebook with him and although the screen resolution is low I was impressed by the speed, performance and battery life.
🤴

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #6221 on: October 27, 2021, 02:23:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/death-stranding-not-available-to-play-on-xbox-via-geforce-now.505344/page-2#post-75870048

User Banned (2 weeks): Disparaging journalism, trolling, drive-by posting; prior related infractions
Quote from: Kazuma Kiryu
Quote from: temporaryresidence
Shouldn't he know better though? This is a complete non-issue and has nothing to do with Sony restricting something specifically on Xbox devices, but something he could've confirmed with a little digging is now being used as 'SONY IS ANTI-CONSUMER' bait and people are eating it up, based on his twitter responses.
Tom Warren? Know better? Oh man, some of you really believe in gaming "journalists" I see.
OBE

marrec

« Reply #6222 on: October 27, 2021, 02:43:57 PM »

Got one of my employees an RTX3060 equipped laptop, which is great because she wanted to play video games as well but useless as a portable device because the battery lasts about 40 to 90 minutes at best.
When I was in Switzerland a friend of fine brought his Chromebook with him and although the screen resolution is low I was impressed by the speed, performance and battery life.

Our office just got us all new AMD 17" Legion 7s with 3070s installed for some reason (is AMD is better for FPGA simulation? I legit don't know) but the battery life on this thing is fucking SHOCKING for how much wattage that GPU pulls. It's not going to last you all day while playing games, but I can squeeze out about 4 hours off power if I'm just doing normal work from home stuff and 2 hours playing Overwatch at 144hz. Take THAT Chromebook weirdos.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6223 on: October 27, 2021, 02:59:18 PM »

Our office just got us all new AMD 17" Legion 7s with 3070s installed for some reason (is AMD is better for FPGA simulation? I legit don't know) but the battery life on this thing is fucking SHOCKING for how much wattage that GPU pulls. It's not going to last you all day while playing games, but I can squeeze out about 4 hours off power if I'm just doing normal work from home stuff and 2 hours playing Overwatch at 144hz. Take THAT Chromebook weirdos.
I think it's a design flaw of the 15" notebooks, there's not enough space for a bigger battery so they end up lacking juice.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6224 on: October 27, 2021, 03:19:49 PM »
🤴

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #6225 on: October 27, 2021, 03:21:48 PM »
Apple is the Nintendo of computers
:O

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6226 on: October 27, 2021, 03:29:03 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #6227 on: October 27, 2021, 03:31:31 PM »
Also to the Tim Apples itt

https://twitter.com/SnazzyQ/status/1453143510111059968
Gee, Chromebooks really do look cheap and nasty. I'm sure Apple would never make a poor design decision like that...
Spud

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #6228 on: October 27, 2021, 04:03:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-say-he-or-she-when-talking-about-sheik.504117/#post-75688284

User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Community Generalization
Quote from: LinkStrikesBack
Quote from: Hero.of.Lgnd
She, because that is what she is.
Oh yeah, sure, because someone deliberately outwardly presenting as male should be treated as female no matter what they try. So much for the forum being so progressive.

He, just like characters in the game do. Particularly princess ruto uses he when you talk with them either in the water temple or right after. Shiek has deliberately been presenting as a male to even people who would otherwise have been close allies and should be treated as such.
OBE

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #6229 on: October 27, 2021, 04:24:37 PM »

Lol, you can just disable the notch and have the same screen resolution as other MacBooks.

They’re more like Sony. If they were like Nintendo, we’d still be using BlackBerrys to communicate.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6230 on: October 27, 2021, 05:33:44 PM »
I found it quite amusing that they had this great looking game where one of the characters worse a black trans lives matter shirt, and then afterwards they give FNAF a platform.

Good stuff Sony, real good stuff.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/state-of-play-announced-for-october-27-2pm-pt-5pm-et-11pm-cet-updates-on-third-party-releases-few-reveals-20-minutes-long.504201/post-76000149

:stahp

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6231 on: October 27, 2021, 05:48:25 PM »
They’re more like Sony. If they were like Nintendo, we’d still be using BlackBerrys to communicate.

iirc nintendo beat cell phones to mass market with both touch AND gyro :ufup
Uncle

Kevtones

« Reply #6232 on: October 27, 2021, 05:55:32 PM »
wrong

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #6233 on: October 27, 2021, 05:58:28 PM »

Lol, you can just disable the notch and have the same screen resolution as other MacBooks.

Like Sony in that they overprice bang average hardwear based on name brands recognition and can't do software for nuts?
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #6234 on: October 27, 2021, 06:07:37 PM »
I found it quite amusing that they had this great looking game where one of the characters worse a black trans lives matter shirt, and then afterwards they give FNAF a platform.

Good stuff Sony, real good stuff.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/state-of-play-announced-for-october-27-2pm-pt-5pm-et-11pm-cet-updates-on-third-party-releases-few-reveals-20-minutes-long.504201/post-76000149

:stahp

Worse a black trans lives matter shirt?!   :stahp

ShutUp

« Reply #6235 on: October 27, 2021, 06:34:17 PM »
Always a laugh to see the Apple hate. When you are the king, the plebs always try to scale the mountain to take you down  :success

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6236 on: October 27, 2021, 06:45:04 PM »
Apple was great when Steve Jobs was calling the shots.

Had he still been around our cloud and entertainment services would've likely been far more advanced or Apple cars competing directly with Tesla would've been a thing.
Instead of you know, releasing the same product, with a notch.
🤴

FUME5

« Reply #6237 on: October 27, 2021, 07:17:30 PM »

Like the prophets of old I've been mocked and ostracized from every community for telling the truth so you're stuck with me until my fat shaming gets too intense for Demi and I'm forced to move on from here as well.

You left discord by your own accord.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #6238 on: October 27, 2021, 07:24:14 PM »
Marrec is the mcrib of forum posters.
woke

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6239 on: October 27, 2021, 07:26:47 PM »
he is the new arby's boneless wings  :hmph
Uncle