Author Topic: Movie News, Reviews, and Discussion Super-Thread  (Read 4179667 times)

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: Movie News, Reviews, and Discussion Super-Thread
« Reply #38160 on: December 26, 2020, 12:02:29 AM »
Pixar's Soul is pretty damn good.

Very sentimental, as you would expect from the director of Up and Inside Out. It does have a very similar feel to Inside Out, so if you liked that film, you'll enjoy Soul.
I'm usually a grumpy contrarian when it comes to Pixar(too much infantile pandering compared to something like Ghibli for my taste) but I quite liked this. Surprisingly, there's a really good Karen joke.

The music also kind of slaps...a lot. Looked it up afterwards and turns out it's by
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross?
[close]
:leon
The Karen joke was great.

I had the same reaction to the names attached to the soundtrack
Spud

Rahxephon91

« Reply #38161 on: December 26, 2020, 12:19:39 AM »
WW reminded me of a bad 90s superhero movie. Really boring novie.

Bebpo

« Reply #38162 on: December 26, 2020, 01:43:54 AM »
Man, WW was ok but kinda dull throughout, but the ending was just so bad. Like wooooow, the cringe.

Worst superhero flick in a while. Why was this even 2.5 hours long.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38163 on: December 26, 2020, 05:10:04 AM »
Why was this even 2.5 hours long.
That's pretty much my reaction to all of the DC movies I've seen.
Spud

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #38164 on: December 26, 2020, 05:33:39 AM »
Like an hour in to ww84 of its 2 1/2 hour runtime and its pretty  abysmal.

Damn dude shit was so bad.

i also really hate Kwisten Wiig? I never found her funny or a good actress. Why does she even get parts? Shes terrible!

The story.. man it was boring too. Max gold.. max boring

I really liked the first Wonder Woman movie by the way, seen it like twice
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #38165 on: December 26, 2020, 05:57:17 AM »
Cheetah is a horrible villain, and the characters backstory in this movie is total ass. Barely explored, I mean I dont like Kristen Wig so I was happy with the less screentime she got, but honestly it was horribly done. All of a sudden she's angry and revengeful, even against the only person who was nice to her at work? Because now she has powers Oh and she also turned into a cheetah because she wanted to be an apex predator (why did she want this?)

I didnt understand the part at first where Max can just take whatever he wants, but I guess it was explained later that he can just take whatever he can if you wish something from him. Ok ok..
[close]

Movie was an absolute turd.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 08:43:42 AM by bork »
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38166 on: December 26, 2020, 05:58:59 AM »
Patty Jenkins just recently did an interview where she complained that suits at WB had instructed her to change the ending to the first Wonder Woman film and she was happy that this time there wasn't any interference from the suits.
I'm surprised I'm reading that the movie is sort of cheesy and cringe by design, which is not the vibe from the trailers at all. There were also some comments that there was no reason for the film to take place in 1984, in other words it could've taken place in another era and it wouldn't have made a difference.

So in conclusion out of all the '80's throwback' media we got recently, the Call of Duty campaign did it best? :neogaf
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #38167 on: December 26, 2020, 06:01:33 AM »
There was NOTHING 80's about this movie at all. At any point.

It wasnt cringy or cheesy it was just bad. The special effects looked bad. Gal Gadot looked not only bored but also annoyed. The moves she was doing also just looked terrible.

Cant wait for RLM to rip this to shreds

BTW I loved  the first Wonder Woman movie

This one? No fun interesting fights/visuals/jokes..anything O_o

Also fuck Kristen Wiig dumb cunt cant act for shit and isnt funny in the slightest
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 06:12:36 AM by MMaRsu »
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38168 on: December 26, 2020, 06:41:32 AM »
I wonder if women like it more than men as that is the main audience for these films it seems.
A plot about a long lost love, wishes and jealousy sounds more like a romcom than a war movie with feels like the previous film.

In the interview Jenkins mentioned that one of the things she didn't like about the first film was the ending with all the action and the dark turn it took.
Overall she wanted to focus more on the characters and less on the war and action. If it was up to her there wouldn't have been a fight with Ares but that was added last minute.
She said WW84 struck a much nicer balance in terms of (toned down) action and more character drama.

All of a sudden she's angry and revengeful, even against the only person who was nice to her at work
I've seen this happen often  :lol
🤴

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #38169 on: December 26, 2020, 06:54:36 AM »
Coming to America - Still funny after many watches. Though I forgot most of the stuff pre-New York. It was a lot more sexually charged than I remembered. Like nearly all the quips in the first part of the movie are all sexual. The one group that didn't really get many laughs out of me is the barber shop crew. Also, the lead actress is pretty shoddy. It didn't hit me until we spent more time with her after she starts hanging out with Akeem more. It's a comedy so it doesn't really matter (especially since she isn't there to deliver the jokes), but her acting is below the rest of the main cast by quite a bit. The ending is totally rushed. Again, comedy first, so it's not like it dampens my enjoyment of the movie, but either the they couldn't figure out a better way to wrap it all up or decided to not prolong the running time and just execute it the way they did. Best of luck to the sequel. It's not that the original is the best thing ever, but it's still a tough act to follow.

When Marnie Was There - Turned out to be lovely after a start that had me thinking "this is fine and all, but seems rather a dime a dozen." When Marnie finally does come into the picture the film starts to get good. Fast. As the various truths are unveiled I'm sucked in more and more. I figured I'd find the film relatable when I saw the trailers and read the quick synopsis years ago. This turned out to be true. Quite liked the themes of abandonment and family. The credits song always hit me like rock ever since I heard it way back when and it was nice how it was used at the end of the picture. Don't think it's a Ghibli classic with the way the first 6th or so plays out, but once it found its footing and main draw, I was all in.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38170 on: December 26, 2020, 07:28:47 AM »
The Barber Shop crew are hilarious.
Spud

Tasty

« Reply #38171 on: December 26, 2020, 07:58:38 AM »
Tokyo Godfathers was very good

Ahhhh it's on my list, damn that would have been a great Xmas movie... Will watch today.

What are your thoughts on Kon's other works?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #38172 on: December 26, 2020, 09:04:19 AM »
Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, and Paranoia Agent are all really good.  Havent seen anything else.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38173 on: December 26, 2020, 09:29:43 AM »
Man, WW was ok but kinda dull throughout, but the ending was just so bad. Like wooooow, the cringe.

Worst superhero flick in a while. Why was this even 2.5 hours long.

This is what I kept thinking the whole time.  It went on for entirely too long and they could have easily cut an hour out of it with nothing lost.  Entirely too much time was spent building up to the end, which fell completely flat on its face and was just bad.

Nice Lynda Carter cameo during the credits...I guess...?

i also really hate Kwisten Wiig? I never found her funny or a good actress. Why does she even get parts? Shes terrible!

Up until the end, she had the best story in the movie.  She did a good job.

Going to spoiler your next post.

Cheetah is a horrible villain, and the characters backstory in this movie is total ass. Barely explored, I mean I dont like Kristen Wig so I was happy with the less screentime she got, but honestly it was horribly done. All of a sudden she's angry and revengeful, even against the only person who was nice to her at work? Because now she has powers Oh and she also turned into a cheetah because she wanted to be an apex predator (why did she want this?)

I didnt understand the part at first where Max can just take whatever he wants, but I guess it was explained later that he can just take whatever he can if you wish something from him. Ok ok..

Movie was an absolute turd.
[close]

Uh...no...?  If there's one thing that this movie gave everyone (except Wonder Woman, lol) time for, it was character development.  Cheetah got plenty of screen time and her gradual change from forgettable nerd to noticeable 'hottie' Wonder Woman clone was done well, IMO. 

You seem to have missed the entire point of Maxwell Lord's involvement here.  He figured out that the wishing stone would take something from you when you used it, I.E. Diana losing her powers when Steve was brought back, and wished to become the stone itself so he could then 'take' from everyone he granted wishes to.  That made sense.  Him getting power and influence from doing this also made sense.  The way this was depicted is where it just started getting stupid.  Cheetah helping him worked because she didn't want to lose the power she had gained- she was angry and getting more unlikable as the trade-off for getting said power.
[close]

There was NOTHING 80's about this movie at all. At any point.

You mean except for all the hair and clothing styles, cars, interiors, cultural stuff, and that giant mall that looked straight out of Commando?   :doge

It wasnt cringy or cheesy it was just bad. The special effects looked bad. Gal Gadot looked not only bored but also annoyed. The moves she was doing also just looked terrible.

Yeah.  I really got this "I don't care" vibe from her in most of the movie.  She was pretty stiff.

My thoughts on some stuff:

-The movie opens with this lengthy flashback Amazon race scene where young Diana finds a shortcut and is about to win, but is stopped by her aunt for "cheating."  I get it...kinda?  I mean she was punished for being clever, but she didn't follow the course, so it's cheating and that's the lesson learned.  Foreshadowing for the wishing stone.  But unless I missed something, at no point does Diana recall this lesson and instead it's Steve Trevor, the REAL hero, who makes her realize that she has to do the right thing.

-Enjoyed the little bits of Steve Trevor being fascinated with the 'modern' world and the mild kookiness from those scenes.  The best part of the movie, easily.  Which isn't saying much. 

-Diana: "I don't own a TV."  Diana later in the movie- goes into a room in her place filled with TVs and monitoring equipment.  :brain

-The 'fabled' Amazon armor- what was the point of this?  All of a sudden this part of Amazonian lore is shoehorned in and this armor did basically nothing in the endgame.  If the Amazon who originally wore it was also still out there this whole time, as we saw in the post-credits scene, then why would she not take notice of Diana and go help her out?  Especially when you consider that it had been decades since Diana was out there doing WW shit.

-Nobody paid for what they did.  The wishes get reversed and Max Lord sees his son.  So...no jail time?  Cheetah is normal again- is she still a "loser?"  Shitty, shitty ending.
[close]

-The ending was such a fucking mess and yet, in this weird way, I got such an 80s vibe from it.  Just not in a good way.  More in that "what is this cheesy magical shit that doesn't make any sense" kind of way.

-Anytime Wonder Woman used her lasso as a swinging rope just made it feel like a Spider-Man rip-off.

The original Wonder Woman was pretty good in that we got something original -a "superhero" movie set in WWI- with Diana learning about the outside world during this time.  WW1984 had almost no character development for its main character, too few action scenes, and a dumb story.  Would not recommend it.  Watch the original again or one of the DC animated movies instead.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 09:33:48 AM by bork »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #38174 on: December 26, 2020, 10:35:57 AM »
The problem with making a comic book movie for women is women generally don't give a fuck about comic book movies.

Women still love power fantasies and good movies. Well written female heroes appeal to both genders I feel. Buffy is the prototypical example to me.

If I was a woman I'd definitely have appreciated the original WW, even if I didn't read comics.

I also feel like the gender balance of comics is skewing more female [e- than it has been] in recent years, but probably outside Marvel/DC. I imagine Saga was a big hit with both men and women.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 11:20:47 AM by Tasty »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #38175 on: December 26, 2020, 10:44:17 AM »
Buffy is so fucking good but its sad that most people probablly domt know it
What

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38176 on: December 26, 2020, 12:48:17 PM »
Also fuck Kristen Wiig dumb cunt cant act for shit and isnt funny in the slightest

I generally like Kristen Wiig :idont

She's like Bill Hader in that her comedy is usually character driven rather than jokes or slapstick.

Speaking of Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig, Skeleton Twins is pretty good

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #38177 on: December 26, 2020, 01:37:25 PM »
I enjoyed Soul.  Might be a bit too close in concept to Inside Out.

Tina Fey finally got to do blackface in a way that won't get her cancelled.  Feel like that was her purpose in life. 
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38178 on: December 26, 2020, 01:42:20 PM »
Couldn't make it past the first scene in WW84, it was just so laughably bad we turned it off.

Things you missed that are worth going back to watch:

-Steve Trevor thinks a trash can is a piece of modern art

ど助平

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #38179 on: December 26, 2020, 01:45:59 PM »
Couldn't make it past the first scene in WW84, it was just so laughably bad we turned it off.

Things you missed that are worth going back to watch:

-Steve Trevor thinks a trash can is a piece of modern art

I... ummm... I know that exact scene and I have not watched the movie, so that must have been in one of the trailers.  :-\

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38180 on: December 26, 2020, 01:52:14 PM »
Also, they rape an unconscious man.

Seriously, the ethical ramifications of
not only the rape but her wanting to keep Steve in this man's body because she misses a man she had a fling with 70 years ago is a crazy thing for a hero to waive off.
[close]
Ok the worse this sounds the more I want to see this train wreck  :lol
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #38181 on: December 26, 2020, 01:52:28 PM »
Buffy was massively popular.  ???

Bebpo

« Reply #38182 on: December 26, 2020, 01:59:37 PM »
Kristin Wiig is fine. She just had like nothing to work with for the 2nd half besides punching and making animal noises.

Also can some comic person explain to me why WW doesn't get electrocuted at all in electric water?

Bebpo

« Reply #38183 on: December 26, 2020, 02:03:35 PM »
Also couple other thoughts on WW84:

-This movie had so much time with the delays and yet a lot of the special effects looked budget or unfinished. Weird.

-If it wasn't for Covid, this was gonna be WB's big summer tentpole movie? Yikes.

-Man, DC was on a comeback lately. The first Wonder Woman was solid, Aquaman was a ton of fun, Shazam was great. This is their first mistep back to the days of BvS and stuff. So much for quality control. Zach Snyder Justice League here we go.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #38184 on: December 26, 2020, 02:08:01 PM »
Buffy was massively popular.  ???

Yea among our agegroup
What

Tasty

« Reply #38185 on: December 26, 2020, 02:19:38 PM »
Disney, who now owns the rights to Buffy and Angel and could release proper HD versions at any time:

"...Buffy who?"

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #38186 on: December 26, 2020, 02:29:53 PM »
Force people into reeducation camps until they just get Buffy I say.

-This movie had so much time with the delays and yet a lot of the special effects looked budget or unfinished. Weird.

-If it wasn't for Covid, this was gonna be WB's big summer tentpole movie? Yikes.

-Man, DC was on a comeback lately. The first Wonder Woman was solid, Aquaman was a ton of fun, Shazam was great. This is their first mistep back to the days of BvS and stuff. So much for quality control. Zach Snyder Justice League here we go.

Ya thats kind of my thoughts as well - first let down after surpassing expectations the last few movies.  WW was so uneven and poorly written but I feel like that could have been fixed has someone stepped it.  Really felt like 2000's super hero movies made by people who dont care about super heros.

« Reply #38187 on: December 26, 2020, 03:35:53 PM »
I saw Wonder Woman the Wonder Womaning of the 1980s. And I genuinely liked some of it, but a lot of it was very bad.

The opening scene is overlong, and done only (i'm guessing) to draw parallels between Wonder Woman and Max Lord. Neither earns it, whatever it is, but the movie is so languid about it, the message gets completely lost -- if it's there at all.

The mall scene was played completely for laughs and seemed out of place for Wonder Woman. Why is Wonder Woman intent on keeping her existence a secret? And then, almost as an afterthought, Wonder Woman drops the crooks on top of a police car from a terrific height, crushing the car. I don't know what to make of that bit except for maybe someone thought it was cool without actually thinking what it means when your superhero is completely oblivious to matters of public safety, etc.

I liked Max Lord and Diana/Steve, but their stories should have been condensed. The film is too long, and its plot is too nonsensical for the time that's spent on it. Oh, so Lord can suddenly grant wishes to people across the globe? Wasn't the point of the stone you had to be physically touching it to make a wish? By the time Diana put on the golden armor, I wasn't paying much attention at all.

Oh, and the schmaltz moment at the end where a parade of people simultaneously renounce their wishes and save the world is godawful.

[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #38188 on: December 26, 2020, 03:46:18 PM »
Think there is literally a line like 'GPS allows you to touch people all across the globe' and that was enough to break the logic of needing to physically touch the stone so they could set up the end of everyone making wishes.  Like why write yourself into a dumb corner like that?  Its also a good example of how sloppy the writting was logic wise
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38189 on: December 26, 2020, 04:37:11 PM »

They probably delayed it because it was a mess and this is what they could salvage within their budget and making it a better film would not necessarily translate to higher revenues.
Didn't they delay it a year even before COVID hit?

Their explanation for releasing it when they did also made no sense
A Variety report reveals the unprecedented release strategy was due to Warner Bros. worrying Wonder Woman 1984 would "get stale" if it was delayed any further. The report cites the long delay between completing filming in 2018 and the original release date as a problem.
I think they were ok with throwing it on streaming services because they knew the film wasn't that good.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #38190 on: December 26, 2020, 04:42:25 PM »
A Variety report reveals the unprecedented release strategy was due to Warner Bros. worrying Wonder Woman 1984 would "get stale" if it was delayed any further. The report cites the long delay between completing filming in 2018 and the original release date as a problem.
I think they were ok with throwing it on streaming services because they knew the film wasn't that good.

Yeah, but the problem with this is if everyone starts throwing their junk stuff on the streaming platformers it sorta makes the streaming platforms feel like they're just getting the trash and isn't much of an incentive to subscribe.

These streaming services need some high quality big hits to draw people in.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38191 on: December 26, 2020, 05:04:31 PM »

Yeah, but the problem with this is if everyone starts throwing their junk stuff on the streaming platformers it sorta makes the streaming platforms feel like they're just getting the trash and isn't much of an incentive to subscribe.

If I look at the local Netflix top 10 that really isn't a problem  :holeup

I wonder if women like it more than men as that is the main audience for these films it seems.
A plot about a long lost love, wishes and jealousy sounds more like a romcom than a war movie with feels like the previous film.
This is pretty much the sentiment I'm seeing on Twitter now. Apparently there's a whole bunch of 'wholesome' moments in this film like the fact that Gadot's own children and husband make a cameo (which made the film personal for her) and another woman that played Wonder Woman before.
They're all melting and drooling over Chris Pine and Pedro Pascal too obviously.  :trumps
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 06:40:16 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #38192 on: December 26, 2020, 09:22:44 PM »
Knives Out was extremely well done.  Nearly perfect except there were a few too many illogical things for me, which is a staple of the genera, but this was covered for really well with good writing. 

Watching My Spy now, which I'm enjoying but I like the spy-makes-a-friend-with-a-little-kid genera.  I actually laughed out loud a few times.  Though it's hard to see how this is supposed to be a kids movie, like we see a decapitated head in the first scene and there is a decent amount of swearing and crude jokes. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 09:27:41 PM by Madrun Badrun »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #38193 on: December 26, 2020, 09:38:06 PM »

Netflix is mostly junk.
Even the big names produced stuff isn't all that good.

Tasty

« Reply #38194 on: December 26, 2020, 09:38:13 PM »
Force people into reeducation camps until they just get Buffy I say.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #38195 on: December 26, 2020, 10:23:49 PM »
Between kindergarten cop, spy next door, the pacifier, My Spy is the best. 

I cant say its actually a good movie but it worked for me.  Also had some pretty good lines like  "Does this seem familar? Between the propeller and the fuel tank, all we are missing is the Nazis".  I feel like this was originally written as a teen comedy that got reworked into a kids movie. 

G The Resurrected

« Reply #38196 on: December 27, 2020, 12:09:48 AM »
Watched a few movies today

WW84 good trailer, horrible movie. I was the right audience for this and I felt disappointed by the end.

My Science Project fun 80’s flick with all the trappings and a tubes song for good measure, and did I mention Fisher Stevens?!

The Midnight Sky I really enjoyed this and while it was a simple story the acting was great. Clooney did a good job with the film and his role.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #38197 on: December 27, 2020, 02:28:02 AM »
I'll say this about Wonder Woman 1984. I'm glad I read the plot leak all those months ago, things made way more sense knowing the entire plot ahead of time.

Tasty

« Reply #38198 on: December 27, 2020, 11:40:25 AM »
Watching WW84. Haven't had much of a problem so far but I have to roll my eyes at "clumsy character drops papers, smooth character/protagonist helps pick them up and that's how they first meet" cliche played soooooo straight.

Tasty

« Reply #38199 on: December 27, 2020, 11:43:13 AM »
Did this movie just become Wish Upon? :lol

"I wish Diana Prince would just... rot."

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #38200 on: December 27, 2020, 12:09:09 PM »
Watching WW84. Haven't had much of a problem so far but I have to roll my eyes at "clumsy character drops papers, smooth character/protagonist helps pick them up and that's how they first meet" cliche played soooooo straight.

Ya right after the mall scene I thought this was going to be an 80's parody/tribute movie so I thought that was going to be a nod to Batman Returns Catwomen and something they would build on top of but no they played the trope straight. 

Tasty

« Reply #38201 on: December 27, 2020, 12:16:48 PM »
I think the same scene happened in Catwoman. :lol

Kristen Wiig's character reminds me a lot of Patience Phillips actually. :doge

Edit- It's not all bad. I really, really love this take on Maxwell Lord.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #38202 on: December 27, 2020, 12:19:38 PM »
Ya I liked maxwell a lot but think it would have been so much better had this really been an 80's parody movie.

Tasty

« Reply #38203 on: December 27, 2020, 01:04:25 PM »
Wait they actually created Bialya for future movies right here. :thinking

That's actually fucking brilliant. Makes way more sense than a giant landlocked invisi-dome no one noticed for hundreds (thousands?) of years. (I'll give a pass to Themiscyra being an island that potentially also can move itself.)

Also, bullshit she catches a fucking bullet with the lasso.

Tasty

« Reply #38204 on: December 27, 2020, 01:10:47 PM »
This Mayan guy is literally the Asian aunt from Wish Upon / the Korean Grandma from Lady in the Water. :doge

Oh he just happens to own the record store down the street where we work in DC and he literally knows everything we want to know

Also that Jet had enough fuel for two trans-atlantic flights? :thinking

This script seems sloppier than it should be all things considered...
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #38205 on: December 27, 2020, 01:17:58 PM »
Not only did that jet have that much fuel - it was a museum show jet - it shouldn't have even worked let alone have gas in the tank
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #38206 on: December 27, 2020, 01:41:33 PM »
Diana flies....

Did the background music really rip off Adagio in D from Sunshine that much or am I hearing things?
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38207 on: December 27, 2020, 01:58:42 PM »
Won't be a problem for the Rogue Squadron film she's doing next  ;)

Or did they just make a film of which the entire premise was a spaceship running out of fuel  :awesome
[close]
🤴

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #38208 on: December 27, 2020, 03:34:30 PM »
WW84 reminded me of Superman 3, minus Richard Pryor.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #38209 on: December 27, 2020, 05:23:04 PM »
Diana flies....

Did the background music really rip off Adagio in D from Sunshine that much or am I hearing things?
[close]
Is this still in rights limbo? Or did they sort that out?

Tasty

« Reply #38211 on: December 27, 2020, 05:32:03 PM »
Diana flies....

[close]
Is this still in rights limbo? Or did they sort that out?

Was it ever in rights limbo? First I've heard of that.

That linked video is the official YouTube Music version, so I assume YouTube had proper clearance (and now, so does WW84.)

Edit- "Provided to YouTube by TuneCore" :thinking

Tasty

« Reply #38212 on: December 27, 2020, 05:35:27 PM »
Wait they actually created Bialya for future movies right here. :thinking

That's actually fucking brilliant. Makes way more sense than a giant landlocked invisi-dome no one noticed for hundreds (thousands?) of years. (I'll give a pass to Themiscyra being an island that potentially also can move itself.)

Also, bullshit she catches a fucking bullet with the lasso.

Also, no, I was giving this movie too much credit. I thought there would be actual stakes and consequences for shit and wasn't counting on a big reset button at the end. :doge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #38213 on: December 28, 2020, 04:39:33 AM »
Look, we were always going to be disappointed because Diana was never going to snap Max's neck like we all want to see.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38214 on: December 28, 2020, 05:52:02 AM »
Diana flies....

[close]
Now that's a great and underrated film
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #38215 on: December 28, 2020, 09:17:00 AM »
Rewatched Sonic for the 4th time this year.  Movie is tight. 

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #38216 on: December 28, 2020, 10:36:15 AM »
Pixar's Soul is pretty damn good.

Very sentimental, as you would expect from the director of Up and Inside Out. It does have a very similar feel to Inside Out, so if you liked that film, you'll enjoy Soul.
I'm usually a grumpy contrarian when it comes to Pixar(too much infantile pandering compared to something like Ghibli for my taste) but I quite liked this. Surprisingly, there's a really good Karen joke.

The music also kind of slaps...a lot. Looked it up afterwards and turns out it's by
Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross?
[close]
:leon
Dunno why the spoiler tag, but i've been listening to some tracks and it seems to be another great work from them.
Probably gonna give the movie a shot, if it's decent Pixar, even though i didn't like Inside Out.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38218 on: December 28, 2020, 01:09:16 PM »
 :yuck

Tasty

« Reply #38219 on: December 28, 2020, 01:17:20 PM »
I don't really trust "Geek Vibes Nation" (WarnerMedia would have made a big deal about bringing on JJ at all I feel, let alone that there's a new Superman project in the works), but it's fun to think.

Though we did already get the Giant Spider in Man of Steel (a film produced by Jon Peters.)