Author Topic: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads  (Read 817006 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
Re: Bore Comics Thread: Avengers gender and race changes for everyone!
« Reply #241 on: February 15, 2010, 10:36:05 PM »
I like the art but Scott looks a little odd and Emma is way too short and ass is lol.
Boo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #242 on: February 15, 2010, 10:40:46 PM »
There is nothing good about that artwork.  It's hideous.  The artist just fucked up; someone posted some of his other work and it looked a hell of a lot better.

Who is the anime rip-off girl on the left?
ど助平

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #243 on: February 15, 2010, 10:45:17 PM »
Armor, who coincidently is Japanese.
Boo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #244 on: February 16, 2010, 04:05:45 AM »
Armor, who coincidently is Japanese.

Awful, awful, awful.

Awful.

But I still can't get over how badly drawn Emma Frost is.   :lol

Also I wanna bitch at how I hate the whole "Utopia" storyline and I hate how Cyclops is the head honcho, with both Prof. X and suddenly-good-again Magneto "under" him.   :yuck
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 04:09:29 AM by Good Day Sir »
ど助平

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #245 on: February 16, 2010, 04:09:10 AM »
It's time someone tosses Joe Quesada off a building.
CBG

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2010, 09:30:00 AM »
Storm's hips and waist are so awful I think they would have been rejected from Aeon Flux  :yuck
WDW

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2010, 10:18:31 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl

what the fuck is this?

what are they doing to Astonishing and changing one of the best things about that series (the fucking art)

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #248 on: February 19, 2010, 08:38:55 PM »
乱学者

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #249 on: February 19, 2010, 08:39:57 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
乱学者

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #250 on: February 19, 2010, 11:27:19 PM »
so i'm watching this new justice league crisis on two earths animated feature, and mark harmon is probably the worst superman voice ever

i mean, i honestly think i could have done a better job sitting on the shitter with a digital recorder in my hand

surprisingly, william baldwin (!!!William!!!!Baldwin!!!!) makes a pretty decent batman
sup

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #251 on: February 20, 2010, 12:25:20 AM »
is it worth a download? I'm a fan of the Morrison/Quitely book...
vjj

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #252 on: February 20, 2010, 12:35:59 AM »
pretty decent, especially stacked against the other D2D DC crap

there are some silly moments, eyerolling dialogue here and there, and it's missing the kink from the book (end plot is a lot different, too), but the fight scenes are well-animated and the story is fairly well-told

there are also cameos by a lot of "twisted" versions of dc heroes throughout the movie

and i liked this owlman better than the comics version, to be honest

there's a ten-minute spectre bonus short on the dvd i haven't been able to find, supposedly that's done in the old "horror avenger" 1970s style and is pretty trippy
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #253 on: February 20, 2010, 12:39:18 AM »
mark harmon is genuinely terrible as superman, though - i wasn't kidding about that
sup

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #254 on: February 20, 2010, 01:59:31 AM »
James Wood made a pretty awesome Owlman, and wonder woman had some great moments too.
Drunk

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #255 on: February 20, 2010, 02:35:12 PM »

:rofl
:-\

I quit comics shortly after Cyclops got killed (loved it)/Claremont came back (hated it). People say good things about Morrison's run; one day I'll pick it up. Too bad Cyclops is alive again

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #256 on: February 21, 2010, 01:14:56 AM »
Jim Lee promoted to co-publisher of DC and Geoff Johns is CEO.
CBG

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #257 on: February 21, 2010, 01:22:29 AM »
Storm's hips and waist are so awful I think they would have been rejected from Aeon Flux  :yuck
Yeah, actually my first thought was "when did Peter Chung pick up art chores?"

Diunx

« Reply #258 on: February 23, 2010, 03:08:24 PM »
 :drudge Blackest night Spoilers!  :drudge

There is a pic of
white lantern Sinestro
[close]
around the web, smh Johns.
Drunk

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #259 on: February 23, 2010, 05:31:42 PM »
Yeah, actually my first thought was "when did Peter Chung pick up art chores?"

Did you get hold of Chew yet? Again, I'm sure you will love this. It's joyously deranged.
vjj

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #260 on: February 23, 2010, 06:32:12 PM »
It's in my Amazon cart, waiting for me to place an order. So... not in my hands per se, but nearly so. Thanks for the reminder!

ManaByte

« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2010, 12:29:51 PM »
Welp Jim Lee is co-publisher of DC for not even a week and they are already looking at bittorrent...
CBG

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2010, 12:37:24 PM »
link please
sup

ManaByte

« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2010, 12:44:16 PM »
link please

Twitter.
"How many of you read bittorrented comics? Do you supplement bought comics with add'l pirated ones? Just curious..."
CBG

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #264 on: February 24, 2010, 12:48:41 PM »
bittorrent?

for comics?

he'd be better off searching the direct download providers

Tonya

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2010, 12:53:34 PM »
i mainly download stuff published from the 30s through the 70s so i don't really care

he should maybe ask the masterworks guys about the scanning scene, some of them have actually requested clean scans of rarer comics from groups before
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2010, 12:55:11 PM »
also anyone who answers his question is an idiot
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #267 on: February 28, 2010, 07:50:53 PM »
so i decided to read through all of blackest night because i figured it wasn't fair to keep talking shit about it without having read it all

turns out my i should have gone with that first instinct

if this is what the future of dc comics is gonna look like with didio and johns in charge, then i can safely continue with my plan of not giving a fuck about dc comics
sup

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #268 on: March 01, 2010, 04:13:27 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388940

I know there's a thread for GAF, but I'd really like to know how Marvel undid Spidey's outing and his marriage without it being absolutely distinguished mentally-challenged?  Please.  Somebody.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #269 on: March 01, 2010, 04:17:14 PM »

I know there's a thread for GAF, but I'd really like to know how Marvel undid Spidey's outing and his marriage without it being absolutely distinguished mentally-challenged?  Please.  Somebody.

The Devil undid their marriage so that Peter Parker could save Aunt May from dying.
dog

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #270 on: March 01, 2010, 04:19:20 PM »
... couldn't they have gotten a divorce?  I've been through one and it's more hell than the devil can do.

How about undoing his outing in the civil war?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #271 on: March 01, 2010, 04:19:36 PM »

The Devil undid their marriage so that Peter Parker could save Aunt May from dying.

...AGAIN.  It's as distinguished mentally-challenged as the clone saga shit was.  This is why I don't read Spider-Man comics.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #272 on: March 01, 2010, 04:20:51 PM »
... couldn't they have gotten a divorce?  I've been through one and it's more hell than the devil can do.

How about undoing his outing in the civil war?

I think it was something like Mephisto wanting the love Spidey and MJ had, or something cheesy like that.  They agreed and Spider-Man was suddenly not married and nobody remembered him revealing his identity.  Absolutely distinguished mentally-challenged.
ど助平

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #273 on: March 01, 2010, 04:22:44 PM »
HOLY CRAP

that is bad.  I've got a good 200 or so spidey comics and am a pretty big fan of the old stuff.  The last time I bought a spidey comic he had some bad attitude and was married to MJ and I thought Aunt May had died or something (I picked it up randomly without reading previous entries) and it was just godawful.  I'm staying the fuck away forever.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2010, 05:03:24 PM »
HOLY CRAP

that is bad.  I've got a good 200 or so spidey comics and am a pretty big fan of the old stuff.  The last time I bought a spidey comic he had some bad attitude and was married to MJ and I thought Aunt May had died or something (I picked it up randomly without reading previous entries) and it was just godawful.  I'm staying the fuck away forever.

I had been wondering about Aunt May coming back from the dead myself, since I was an avid Spider-Man reader up until the mid-90s, when I dropped Marvel all together for 4-6 years.  What was it, Amazing Spider-Man #400 where Aunt May "died?"  I say "died" because apparently what they did to bring her back was to make it so that the Aunt May who died was actually an imposter.   :lol ::)

Put Spider-Man back with Mary Jane.  Focus on good stories instead of stupid-ass "earth-shattering character-changing events."  I miss the way the Marvel Universe was right at the beginning of the 1990s.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 05:06:22 PM by Good Day Sir »
ど助平

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2010, 05:20:04 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_One_More_Day
:barf

HOLY CRAP

I had been wondering about Aunt May coming back from the dead myself, since I was an avid Spider-Man reader up until the mid-90s, when I dropped Marvel all together for 4-6 years.  What was it, Amazing Spider-Man #400 where Aunt May "died?"  I say "died" because apparently what they did to bring her back was to make it so that the Aunt May who died was actually an imposter.   :lol ::)

Put Spider-Man back with Mary Jane.  Focus on good stories instead of stupid-ass "earth-shattering character-changing events."  I miss the way the Marvel Universe was right at the beginning of the 1990s.
holy shit.  an imposter??  and people keep reading this shit??  every few years I hear someone tell me that Marvel is starting on a clean slate and going back to the basics for spiderman, but yet they use the same annoying tactics over and over again they know spiderman fans hate.  and they wonder what makes comic book reading such an embarassing hobby nowadays.  It's worse than your grandma's soaps.  Gimme normal peter parker/spiderman and mary jane and aunt may and the good ol' bad guys coming and trying to fuck shit up and spidey saving the day.  I don't need a spiderman from a different dimension or another down and out spidey.  just give me the basics back.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2010, 05:58:57 PM »
The first several issues of Ultimate Spider-Man were good: high school Peter Parker, adolescent angst, trying to do the right thing in a world that doesn't accept him (neither as an adult, nor a superhero). A fun ride. It's not canon, but the "canon" of Spidey is a joke.

Oh, and if you want real spider-man fun, grab Twisted Toyfare Theater compilations.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #278 on: March 01, 2010, 07:01:37 PM »
spider-man has been distinguished mentally-challenged since the 70s

grew extra arms, drove the spider-mobile, gwen stacey clone, fought these dudes:

etc, etc

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:04:39 PM by Eel O'Brian »
sup

Diunx

« Reply #279 on: March 01, 2010, 10:15:59 PM »
Spidey has been pretty awesome since one more day, Gauntlet has been fantastic so far, but I think they should have kill May in these arc, she serves no purpose whatsoever and it would make for a great story if they pick the right writer, same with Jimmy fucking Olsen I want him to have a very long and painful dead.
Drunk

ManaByte

« Reply #280 on: March 02, 2010, 12:26:20 AM »
Undoing the Spidey marriage was Quesada's goal when he took over Marvel. JMS regretted ever agreeing to write it.
CBG

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #281 on: March 02, 2010, 12:26:57 AM »
Spidey has been pretty awesome since one more day, Gauntlet has been fantastic so far, but I think they should have kill May in these arc, she serves no purpose whatsoever and it would make for a great story if they pick the right writer, same with Jimmy fucking Olsen I want him to have a very long and painful dead.

We don't often agree on comics, but you're absolutely dead fucking on about Spidey right now. It's fucking GREAT. Fantastic art as well. :rock

:bow Diunx :bow

:piss uninformed Spidey haters :piss2

OTOH, there's no real reason they couldn't have had it be just as good with Mary Jane and Aunt May etc etc...they've proven all they need is great stories and great art.  Love the 3 issues/mo. format though - I guess that helps. As great as it is, it's kind of insubstantial so I don't know if i'd be as happy about it if I had to wait a month between issues.
vjj

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #282 on: March 02, 2010, 01:47:17 AM »
JMS retconned Gwen Stacey fucking the Green Goblin and squirting out a pair of goblinbabies, so he can eat a thousand dicks
sup

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #283 on: March 02, 2010, 01:52:34 AM »
Well, you can keep on hating JMS all you want but that has nothing to do with the fact that AMS is top-notch awesome right now :rock

Just forget all that nonsense ever happened. That's what the writers do!
vjj

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #284 on: March 02, 2010, 02:05:45 AM »
I like Spider-Man fine, he was my favorite character as a kid. Just saying people can't really call BND any more distinguished mentally-challenged than fighting a dude calling himself The Kangaroo whose power is jumping on stuff.

I thought the JMS run was abysmal, though.  Spider-totem, my ass.  Can't blame that horseshit on Quesada.

I like the idea of BND, btw.  Spider-man was always supposed to be the lovable loser who could barely manage to keep his shit together from month to month, but always kept a sense of humor about his predicaments.  "The hero who could be you." Once they had him banging hot models and joining The Avengers all that shit went right out the window.
sup

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #285 on: March 02, 2010, 02:32:57 AM »
That's pretty much the vibe they are nailing right now. It's not art, it's not a timeless classic, but it's pretty great Spider-man comix. The last 10-12 issues have been rockin'.

lyte edge - I checked out Power Girl after your raving ITT. Pretty fun! Hope this team sticks together...I'll probably stop reading the second they split up.
vjj

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #286 on: March 02, 2010, 02:48:57 AM »
lyte edge - I checked out Power Girl after your raving ITT. Pretty fun! Hope this team sticks together...I'll probably stop reading the second they split up.

Same; I'm only buying it because of them...I've looked at other comics with Power Girl and the character is just your typical all-tits superwoman.  Palmiotti/Gray/Conner make it what it is!  If you want to get in on their full PG run, it basically goes like this:

-JSA Classified Power Girl #1-4
-Supergirl #13
-Terra #1-4
-Power Girl (ongoing; currently at #9)

Also read The Pro.  It's a mature-rated parody about a hooker that gets super powers.  Pretty funny.
ど助平

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #287 on: March 02, 2010, 02:53:01 AM »
I'll take a look at those. I have no idea who this Terra is.

I was most amused to see Vartox appear. He was in some random issue of Superman or Action Comics that made it over to Ireland when I was a kid. Even at the time, I thought he had the gayest costume ever made. Blatantly a parody of Sean Connery in Zardoz too.

:supergay
vjj

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #288 on: March 02, 2010, 02:58:46 AM »
I'll take a look at those. I have no idea who this Terra is.

I was most amused to see Vartox appear. He was in some random issue of Superman or Action Comics that made it over to Ireland when I was a kid. Even at the time, I thought he had the gayest costume ever made. Blatantly a parody of Sean Connery in Zardoz too.

:supergay

:lol Yeah, and that story didn't end like most people were probably expecting!

Terra is a character from the Teen Titans comics, but the one in Power Girl and her own limited series is not the same character.  She's like the third Terra or something...it really doesn't matter; this character is completely new and the limited series gives her origin.
ど助平

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #289 on: March 02, 2010, 03:19:28 AM »
Yes, i said i don't know who THIS Terra is. I had most of the original Perez run of Teen Titans back in the day. Still surprisingly awesome.
vjj

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #290 on: March 02, 2010, 03:22:51 AM »
Yeah, I was in during the Perez run as well; I used to think Marv Wolfman was an AMAZING writer. He /is/ a nice guy though. And he did manage some pretty spectacular mystery and drama in the common superhero vein while Claremont was busy regurgitating on himself and Moore was changing the entire paradigm.

Terra was interesting; really unlikeable.

Oh, and I remember getting all hot and bothered over a post-coital shot of Grayson and Starfire that Perez whipped out for some fan at a convention. I think I had a 10th-generation xerox of it, but it was by Perez SO IT MUST BE CANON.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #291 on: March 02, 2010, 04:49:00 AM »
There was a great post-coital shot during that run with Terra and Deathstroke lounging around in robes, brandy snifters and cigarettes to hand. Given that she was supposed to be 15 or 16 at the time, I wonder how they sneaked that one past the CCA.

vjj

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #292 on: March 02, 2010, 06:19:05 PM »
Oh, wow. I'd totally forgotten about their "relationship" - ew.

Diunx

« Reply #293 on: March 04, 2010, 11:23:13 AM »
Wasn't she hes daughter?, or was that another terra?
Drunk

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2010, 12:30:32 PM »
Wasn't she hes daughter?, or was that another terra?

maybe she then got pregnant...AND SHE WAS THE BABY

comics :piss2
[close]
___

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #295 on: March 04, 2010, 04:36:11 PM »
Alan Moore as a Japanese schoolgirl doujinshi :uguu

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/03/04/ryusuke-hamamotos-darkseid-is-a-pretty-little-lady-girl-week/

:lol

The sequel features "April O'" Neil Gaiman:

[close]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 04:38:00 PM by Synthesizer Patel »
乱学者

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #296 on: March 04, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »
moore is so moe
萌え~

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #297 on: March 04, 2010, 04:54:54 PM »
new avatar getto
乱学者

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #298 on: March 04, 2010, 05:51:18 PM »
 :lol
dog

Diunx

« Reply #299 on: March 04, 2010, 06:21:34 PM »
wow, cry for justice and flash rebirth were fucking horrible :yuck
Drunk