Author Topic: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads  (Read 825192 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads
« Reply #6000 on: November 23, 2019, 10:37:24 PM »
It's going to be a Supes vs. Manchester Black third time. Book it.

I just hope Supes connects with that punch, Doctor Manhattan has needed to be laid out by someone since the original series.

benjipwns

« Reply #6001 on: December 05, 2019, 03:45:43 AM »
Tasty, Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Infinite Crisis ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 03:50:06 AM by benjipwns »

Tasty

« Reply #6002 on: December 05, 2019, 09:39:53 AM »
DC's mega-event "Infinite Crisis" saw the destruction of the Trinity, the rise of Alexander Luthor and Superboy-Prime, and the rebirth of the Multiverse...but it all started with Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle, who saw it all coming and died with secrets that could've saved the world. But...things happened differently in the Dark Multiverse! Not only does Blue Beetle survive- he thrives! And after killing Maxwell Lord himself, Ted sets off a chain of events that irreversibly alters the lives of the Justice League and his best friend, Booster Gold. In trying to prevent a crisis, Blue Beetle becomes the Crisis...and the Dark Multiverse will never be the same.

This synopsis is Really Really Good™.

Dark Multiverse hitting those Convergence fanboy sweet spots :lawd

Tasty

« Reply #6003 on: December 05, 2019, 09:41:05 AM »
Also Jesus I just read how Tim gets offed in the Injustice comics. That has to be some kind of fucking meta joke.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6004 on: December 05, 2019, 10:14:09 AM »
New X-book coming next year.  There's another one or two titles also in the works.  Havok and Psylocke (Kwannon now) are also both former villains, so all 'bad guy' line-up?

Marvel released a piece of teaser art on Monday for "the most dysfunctional X-Men team you could possibly imagine," with the promise that a member of the team will be unveiled on the official Marvel Twitter account each day this week, beginning on Tuesday, December 3 at noon ET.

The storyline has stayed pretty interesting and they keep teasing that shit is gonna go down with some of the "former" villains living on Krakoa and possibly with Krakoa itself.  Apparently in a callback to the original storyline that introduced the island, it is revealed that Krakoa still needs to "feed" on at least a couple of mutants each year to sustain itself.  Rather than outright 'eat' them, it is sapping small amounts of their energy while they stay on the island.  Some of the other psychic-vampire types like Selene are also doing this.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #6005 on: December 05, 2019, 10:45:59 AM »
If it's consensual and necessary for survival... :idont

kingv

« Reply #6006 on: December 05, 2019, 11:00:04 AM »
New X-book coming next year.  There's another one or two titles also in the works.  Havok and Psylocke (Kwannon now) are also both former villains, so all 'bad guy' line-up?

Marvel released a piece of teaser art on Monday for "the most dysfunctional X-Men team you could possibly imagine," with the promise that a member of the team will be unveiled on the official Marvel Twitter account each day this week, beginning on Tuesday, December 3 at noon ET.

(Image removed from quote.)

The storyline has stayed pretty interesting and they keep teasing that shit is gonna go down with some of the "former" villains living on Krakoa and possibly with Krakoa itself.  Apparently in a callback to the original storyline that introduced the island, it is revealed that Krakoa still needs to "feed" on at least a couple of mutants each year to sustain itself.  Rather than outright 'eat' them, it is sapping small amounts of their energy while they stay on the island.  Some of the other psychic-vampire types like Selene are also doing this.

Guesses:

Wild child
Bishop
Warlock
Cyclops dad

kingv

« Reply #6007 on: December 05, 2019, 11:01:23 AM »
Tasty, Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Infinite Crisis ;)

Are these largely good? I’ve seen em at the shop and thought about grabbing one.

Tasty

« Reply #6008 on: December 05, 2019, 11:02:14 AM »
I imagine like with Convergence, the quality varies wildly. But even a bad "what-if" could have fun ideas.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6009 on: December 05, 2019, 11:04:53 AM »
Guesses:

Wild child
Bishop
Warlock
Cyclops dad

Could be Wild Child on the top, yeah.  Wondering if it's Sabertooth, Emplate, or maybe even Lady Deathstrike, though.  Bishop and Corsair are featured in other X-books already and don't fit the description.  Warlock is kinda-sorta back already in other books.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6010 on: December 05, 2019, 11:11:11 AM »
If it's consensual and necessary for survival... :idont

They're dropping not-so-subtle hints that the "former" villains like Sinister, Apocalypse, etc. all have their own agendas.  BE SHOCKED, BREHS!  :o

Can't see this not ending with Krakoa turning on them all and the X-Men back in the mansion at some point.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #6011 on: December 05, 2019, 11:39:08 AM »
Can't see this not ending with Krakoa turning on them all and the X-Men back in the mansion at some point.

Yeah, everyone knows this is coming. And reversion to the status quo takes a lot of the dramatic wind out of comic book plotlines in general. I started enjoying comics on two levels to compensate:

1. Enjoy the plotline on its own, as self-contained as possible. Some great runs by great writers and artists fall easily into this mold. Ignore the mess of plots/characters before and after the run you're reading, and try to ignore any connective tissue to other books/crossovers in the book itself.

2. Enjoy the ongoing comics universe as a pulped up version of soap operas, which similarly never seem to end. So like, the current season of DC ain't doing it for me, but maybe next year when Helena Cassadine comes back as the ice queen? :idont
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:43:23 AM by Tasty Meat »

kingv

« Reply #6012 on: December 05, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »
Guesses:

Wild child
Bishop
Warlock
Cyclops dad

Could be Wild Child on the top, yeah.  Wondering if it's Sabertooth, Emplate, or maybe even Lady Deathstrike, though.  Bishop and Corsair are featured in other X-books already and don't fit the description.  Warlock is kinda-sorta back already in other books.

I could see emplate, maybe. The shadow looks kind of hippy with a rack. Looks too slender for Sabre tooth (but the hands loolk to meaty for lady deathstroke, hence the wild child guess).

Maybe the bishop one is forge? Also thought that the big head thing looks like mojo or something.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6013 on: December 05, 2019, 02:31:00 PM »

Yeah, everyone knows this is coming. And reversion to the status quo takes a lot of the dramatic wind out of comic book plotlines in general. I started enjoying comics on two levels to compensate:

1. Enjoy the plotline on its own, as self-contained as possible. Some great runs by great writers and artists fall easily into this mold. Ignore the mess of plots/characters before and after the run you're reading, and try to ignore any connective tissue to other books/crossovers in the book itself.

2. Enjoy the ongoing comics universe as a pulped up version of soap operas, which similarly never seem to end. So like, the current season of DC ain't doing it for me, but maybe next year when Helena Cassadine comes back as the ice queen? :idont

Yup, I've been doing that for a while now.  I'll follow and read stuff from the creators I like and don't just stick with a book if the direction or creative changes and I don't care for it.

Fell out with DC stuff for the last...three years already, I think?  Not sure what I want to check out.  Batman still sounds pretty solid and I might go back to Green Lantern.  I enjoyed Harley Quinn, but that was when it was Palmiotti and Conner doing the writing and they're off it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 02:36:38 PM by pork »
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #6014 on: December 06, 2019, 02:19:37 AM »
Are these largely good? I’ve seen em at the shop and thought about grabbing one.
I quite liked the Death of Superman one, Knightfall was pretty meh, I haven't seen the other one (Blackest Night?) that's out yet

I imagine if you don't know the original stories they're pretty meh, actually that's what I don't like about the Knightfall one, Azrael beats Bruce and then it just skips ahead 30 years, the Death of Superman/Infinite Crisis ones both deal with the events that actually happened like all the impostor Supermen, etc.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6015 on: December 06, 2019, 08:20:18 AM »
Now with Mr. Sinister and Scalphunter.

...Who is Scalphunter?  :lol  ???  I guess I missed all the comics he popped up in or just don't remember him.
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #6016 on: December 06, 2019, 12:18:30 PM »
He's from the late 80s, all the Marauders stories, I think he was a Sinister goon too.

kingv

« Reply #6017 on: December 06, 2019, 01:39:58 PM »
Somehow, this makes me more confident in my Wild Child guess.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6018 on: December 06, 2019, 03:14:39 PM »

You win the prize!

Writer Zeb Wells and artist Stephen Segovia are the creative team on Hellions, a new X-Men spinoff series that brings together mutantkind’s most dangerous outcasts -- Wild Child, Nanny, Orphan Maker, Empath, and Scalphunter -- with the X-Men's Psylocke and Havok, all under the leadership of Mister Sinister.

ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #6019 on: December 17, 2019, 07:10:24 PM »
I just got charged for the final issue of Doom Cock :gladbron

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fucking $6.37 jeeze :social2
[close]

Rahxephon91

« Reply #6020 on: December 17, 2019, 09:03:40 PM »
They've had them since the 80's.

benjipwns

« Reply #6021 on: December 17, 2019, 11:14:18 PM »
i can't wait for the crushing disappointment or triumphant justification for the last year two three years of nonsense :jeb

Tasty

« Reply #6022 on: December 18, 2019, 12:05:00 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #6023 on: December 18, 2019, 01:03:09 AM »
WHERE IS IT I EXPECTED IT READY WHEN I WAS DONE WITH TITANFALL 2

ANOTHER GEOFF JOHNS DELAY

:rage

i know they're not always ready at midnight :doge
[close]

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #6024 on: December 18, 2019, 02:26:14 AM »

You win the prize!

Writer Zeb Wells and artist Stephen Segovia are the creative team on Hellions, a new X-Men spinoff series that brings together mutantkind’s most dangerous outcasts -- Wild Child, Nanny, Orphan Maker, Empath, and Scalphunter -- with the X-Men's Psylocke and Havok, all under the leadership of Mister Sinister.

Mister Sinister leading huh? :hitler

I expect that to not be shady as fuck.  :P

Dawn of X - X-Force

Domino got done really fucking dirty holy shit  :o :-\

Interesting seeing Quentin Quire again though

[close]
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 02:31:43 AM by Purple Filth »

benjipwns

« Reply #6025 on: December 18, 2019, 05:02:04 AM »
 :goty2

Last Knight On Earth :hmm

time to catch up on Tom King Batman, I stopped at the Wedding to wait on it :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6026 on: December 18, 2019, 10:06:24 AM »
Spider-Woman gets another costume.  Much better than the last one, but I don't like the Spider-Man influence on the top half.  Reminds too much of Miles' costume, too.

:nope

:ohyeah
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6027 on: December 19, 2019, 07:39:47 AM »
Batman (Tom King), Doomsday Cock, thoughts?

Dont give a flying shit about Last Knight on earth so dont @ me  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6028 on: December 19, 2019, 08:06:48 AM »
Will read through all of Doomsday Clock now that it's done, but what the hell happened at the end there?  ???

Are they also acknowledging that The New 52 is now a separate multiverse?
[close]
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #6029 on: December 19, 2019, 08:48:04 AM »
Will read through all of Doomsday Clock now that it's done, but what the hell happened at the end there?  ???

Are they also acknowledging that The New 52 is now a separate multiverse?
[close]

Well, its own Earth. Which is weird, since the current Superman is supposedly old Supes + New 52 Supes, but I guess Doom Cock #12 changes it again... so it's just old pre-New 52 Supes? And New 52 Supes has been separated out into its own universe?

John's plans for the future are fucking crazy, Secret Crisis. :lol Would be awesome to see but there's no way they're keeping these dates.
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #6030 on: December 19, 2019, 09:14:50 PM »
METAL - hilarious over the top series that DC adds more parts to after it starts because more people want part of it, introduces their unexpected new Big Bad for the next few years, and immediately gets the green light for a sequel event, oh and brings back Hawkman

Doomsday Clock - super serious overlong event that gets delayed a hundred times, has no truly classic moments and everything that happens during it gets all but eliminated by the ending, but has Doctor Manhattan (again) deus ex machina the New 52 to bring back the JSA, Legion and others who have already returned to the DC Universe because Johns took forever and everybody already kinda already figured that this was what Rebirth indicated

benjipwns

« Reply #6031 on: December 19, 2019, 09:24:03 PM »
I don't think any of those were supposed to be actual planned DC events, The Multiversity references a bunch of fake crossover events too.

benjipwns

« Reply #6032 on: December 19, 2019, 09:44:41 PM »
from HaughtyFrank in garbage thread:

:dead

Tasty

« Reply #6033 on: December 19, 2019, 11:44:27 PM »
It's December 12, 2035.
I'm about to watch the
final Star Wars film.

Tasty

« Reply #6034 on: December 19, 2019, 11:45:20 PM »
I don't think any of those were supposed to be actual planned DC events, The Multiversity references a bunch of fake crossover events too.

Johns is both crazy enough to try and has the clout to possibly actually make stuff happen. I would say, "Yeah no" but I've heard of crazier shit coming true...

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #6035 on: December 20, 2019, 03:39:41 PM »
Doomsday Clock 12

Damn Superman is such a colossal boy scout that a literal God who gives no shits about anything around them starts to wonder the meaning of existence and eventually change their life following his example.

:rejoice :preach :woody :jeb

kingv

« Reply #6036 on: December 20, 2019, 10:18:40 PM »
Spider-Woman gets another costume.  Much better than the last one, but I don't like the Spider-Man influence on the top half.  Reminds too much of Miles' costume, too.

:nope

:ohyeah

She still got a baby? That seems like one of those things that will eventually get retconned, but she’s not an important character really, so they also might just eventually stop including the baby anymore.

Rman

« Reply #6037 on: January 13, 2020, 08:07:56 AM »
Do we have an indie thread as well? I saw one and no activity for a bit.

benjipwns

« Reply #6038 on: January 26, 2020, 04:13:47 AM »
The new Batman storyline post-King is some nonsense lol
Do we have an indie thread as well? I saw one and no activity for a bit.
I just post about them in here. Thread's not crazy active enough that they get lost in the DC/Marvel stuff anyway. At least for me.

kingv

« Reply #6039 on: February 15, 2020, 11:22:15 AM »
I am reading house/powers of x and don’t understand how Moira’s power works. She reincarnates, ok. But how it every body else like basically the same age when she has Grown to adulthood like 4 times?

The whole world resets every time she is reincarnated?!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6040 on: February 15, 2020, 12:10:06 PM »
I am reading house/powers of x and don’t understand how Moira’s power works. She reincarnates, ok. But how it every body else like basically the same age when she has Grown to adulthood like 4 times?

The whole world resets every time she is reincarnated?!

Yes- she's living her life over and over again and everything resets for her.  They don't go in-depth but I think the assumption is that she's time-traveling back to when she was conceived when she dies, while retaining her memories of her previous life.
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #6041 on: February 16, 2020, 12:19:22 AM »
That doesn’t really make any sense, but they should have tied it into some else worlds type shit like Age of Apocalypse. They kind of did, but it was not exactly AoA.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6042 on: February 16, 2020, 07:59:22 AM »
isn't her power just groundhog daying it?

kingv

« Reply #6043 on: February 16, 2020, 11:21:49 AM »
Yes, it just seems like that is a power that creates a lot of continuity problems for every one else.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6044 on: February 16, 2020, 11:24:24 AM »
Yup, and this gets ignored- they've also kept her hidden from 99% of the X-Men following House/Powers so it really doesn't matter (yet?).
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #6045 on: February 17, 2020, 11:19:39 AM »
Now that it’s established, it guarantees there will be eventually be a really bad crossover relying on her powers resetting the world.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6046 on: February 17, 2020, 11:42:17 AM »
Now that it’s established, it guarantees there will be eventually be a really bad crossover relying on her powers resetting the world.

Her powers are limited:
According to Destiny, Moira's reincarnation cycle is finite. When she encountered Destiny during her third life, she was informed that she had "10, maybe 11" lives in total

10 is the current one.  But yeah, they could totally use this as a way to reset everything -again- if they want to.
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #6047 on: February 26, 2020, 01:24:05 AM »
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02/25/what-is-dc-comics-5g/

Tasty come back and help me figure this out

kingv

« Reply #6048 on: February 26, 2020, 01:51:16 AM »
The dumbest possible idea. It will be like some 6 month event at best.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6049 on: February 26, 2020, 02:27:11 AM »
All New All Different Ultimate DC

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6050 on: February 26, 2020, 07:07:32 AM »
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02/25/what-is-dc-comics-5g/

Tasty come back and help me figure this out

DC Comics' Editor-In-Chief Dan Didio just left DC and was the one pushing for this, so nobody even knows if it's going to happen now, lol.

This looks like DC's take on what Marvel did 4-5 years ago where they're replacing their top superheroes with other characters and shit.  Do we need someone else as Batman again- especially when it's just Batwing, who already had a book?  Don't we already have a diverse group of Green Lanterns?  Aren't there already multiple Flash...es?  Stop doing this shit and try creating more NEW characters already.
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #6051 on: February 29, 2020, 04:49:09 AM »
Monstress is back :ohyeah

benjipwns

« Reply #6052 on: March 15, 2020, 01:00:13 AM »
Read Birthright which is coming down to its finale, was pretty alright, will read the rest. Some of it was pretty obvious coming plotwise but that was fine.

Read the first part of Manifest Destiny and this is probably canon, I've never actually read Lewis and Clark's journals and comics wouldn't just make up stuff like this.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #6055 on: March 18, 2020, 07:29:59 PM »
and yet their team name glorifies military conquest  :social2 :curious
WDW

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6056 on: March 18, 2020, 07:37:53 PM »

"Her power is the ability to eat more ice cream than anyone on the planet."
ど助平

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #6057 on: March 18, 2020, 09:31:26 PM »

Those two look more twincesty than quicksilver and scarlet witch
WDW

benjipwns

« Reply #6058 on: March 18, 2020, 09:54:34 PM »
DC's next big Crisis event and the sequel to METAL is going to be...

DEATH METAL

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:59:25 PM by benjipwns »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6059 on: March 19, 2020, 05:33:18 AM »

"Her power is the ability to eat more ice cream than anyone on the planet."

Her actual non joke super power is what she does with all that junk, all that junk inside her trunk backpack

:goty