Author Topic: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads  (Read 819059 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads
« Reply #6180 on: February 27, 2021, 08:25:23 PM »
I almost guarantee that Eternals exists because they were developing a team-based movie before they got the X-Men back and after Inhumans had already shit the bed on TV. And Feige seems to be a fan of Cosmic Marvel as his pet projects, why else would Guardians and Thor get so much love in the MCU before either proved it had the reach of anything else they were developing. They're probably hoping it turns into another surprise like Guardians and Captain Marvel. And it's easy enough to ignore if it doesn't.

Also seems like they're going to backdoor their way through all this Cosmic stuff into something like Galactus for the FF. A reverse of the comics.
They teased Adam Warlock in a post-credits scene at the end of the second GoTG movie, but nothing since.
James Gunn has said he's planned to be part of the third movie.

benjipwns

« Reply #6181 on: February 27, 2021, 08:26:19 PM »
Speaking of FF, I came across this website last week: https://zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/

Site has lots of quality content.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:doge :brain :doge
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #6182 on: February 27, 2021, 08:48:35 PM »
I know people are saying Eternals might be the way to bring in Mutants.

But I kinda feel like now that they have the X-men rights, every single MCU project is going to be speculation of "this might be where they bring in mutants" and then everyone let down when it doesn't happen. So I'm not expecting Eternals to lead to that.

benjipwns

« Reply #6183 on: February 27, 2021, 09:06:24 PM »
I think it's too early for the current "2021" films to have thought about the mutants back. They didn't even know they had them back until most of the upcoming films were already in production. Everything that got delayed because of COVID was shot like two years ago by now or the time it releases. If anything, they might be able to sneak in a reference in post-production or stick something in between the credits somewhere.

I agree that The X-Men are big enough that they don't have to "set it up" they can just be like "new X-Men movie, but from Marvel" and boom, a billion dollars is guaranteed. Ultimately people liked most of the Fox X-Men films and working them into the MCU canon won't be difficult. Same way they did Spider-Man. They have more than enough goodwill built up that they can probably even do this with something like Fantastic Four where people don't have good memories of it. I mentioned the backdoor more because of how FF's lineage is the start of Cosmic Marvel stuff they've already been mining for years. If they're trying to stick to the comics as much as they have then it's simple to get from Eternals to Celestials to Galactus to Fantastic Four in a single movie. Trying to prop up two properties with each other is very MCU. Look at Thor's last and upcoming film for example. If Eternals turns out as well as Guardians then it's gravy for how they've got yet another team to use before they have to even think about rebooting The Avengers or bring in the X-Men to rejuvenate things.

Bebpo

« Reply #6184 on: February 28, 2021, 12:20:06 AM »
Eh, I don't think anyone is expecting the X-men any time soon, but there's no reason why they can't adjust the scripts to work in mutants existing in the MCU. They got Spider-Man in Civil War real fast after acquiring the rights, and they don't even need an actor to work in the concept of mutants existing in the MCU.

I mean it still could happen next week in Wandavision, but if there's no mention of mutants in Wandavision and nothing about them in Eternals then yeah, mutants in MCU is probably still another 1-2 years off.

benjipwns

« Reply #6185 on: March 02, 2021, 03:02:17 PM »
Infinite Frontier spoilers:

Tasty

« Reply #6186 on: March 02, 2021, 03:19:57 PM »
Is that Boss Dark Side Human Thanos?

benjipwns

« Reply #6187 on: March 02, 2021, 03:25:34 PM »
Nah, just Alan Scott, they're merging his Earth 2 version with the old JSA version, but it's hilariously overdramatic and setup like he's going to drop a cosmic reveal about the DC Universe. :lol

Tasty

« Reply #6188 on: March 02, 2021, 03:26:46 PM »
Wtf :dead

Also any of you peeps read that some people with deep pockets want to buy DC comics publishing from AT&T 👀

benjipwns

« Reply #6189 on: March 10, 2021, 01:49:32 AM »
I'm reading Ultimate Marvel for the first time (other than some of Ultimate X-Men and The Ultimates once some time back) and The Ultimates 3/Ultimatum is amazing. Jeph Loeb is a master storyteller. How did nobody stop this? You really have to see it, reading reviews doesn't quite grasp it. "DO YOU THINK THIS A STANDS FOR FRANCE?" is so seemingly small in comparison to The House of Ideas™ that Loeb sets up and drops into just ten issues. And then Bendis just writes around it like nothing happened and as if no key characters were killed.

Actually, the worst part is what is seemingly Bendis' insistence that the entire Ultimate Marvel storyline across all the books takes place during a single year with like a six month time skip for Ultimatum. The other books aren't as anal about this as Spider-Man although they're arguably worse offenders by going along with it and making you ask "this is all supposed to have happened in just a couple months?" In one of Warren Ellis' issues he has Nick Fury list all the things that have apparently happened and it's clear that Ellis is totally not on board with the timeline. (I didn't get the idea that Ultimate Gah Lak Tus is supposed to take place over a really busy weekend for example.)

Seeing Bendis in action is remarkable too, the unrestrained dialogue spilling over pages and pages going nowhere and saying nothing, it doesn't sound any more realistic and I just skim it which can be like speedreading entire USM issues since he takes decompression to the maximum point. No idea if he kept this format when he got to Superman or if DC tried to break him of it. I'll find that out at some later point in life. At one point I'm convinced that the timeline in Spider-Man actually starts going backwards as Mary Jane is implied to be younger than she was a hundred issues earlier.

Most of the Ultimate Marvel series have really bad art at some point too. And Ultimate Fantastic Four eventually degrades to where I wasn't sure if they were editing the book in Paint or what. It's a shame because UFF and the collective books are the arguably the more compelling of the Big Four books. UX is really hit or miss depending on the writer and how big of blue balls they're going to give you by up and disappearing in the middle of a story so it concludes two issues too soon with a deus ex machina. USM is best when it has Spider-Man as the focus the least. Also none of these artists apparently have an idea what a sixteen year old should look like in terms of if they should be children or just slightly smaller adults, UFF is the worst offender again because of the artist changes but UX and USM (despite having a single artist for most of it) also have people swapping between looking twelve or looking [censored to protect bork's sensibilities] with no inbetween other than they know they can't draw the tits too big on the girls because that'd be awkward. It wouldn't be as distracting (stuff like Teen Titans and X-Men has always had this problem) except that they are constantly calling to and remarking about the ages in the dialogue UX is the funniest offender by stating so often Jean Gray is NINTEEN GOING ON TWENTY making her and Storm all totally legal. Three pages of SEXY SUE STORM hitting on Reed and bending over suggestively, CUT TO HER DAD YELLING AT HER "I don't want you getting hurt! You're only sixteen!" Bendis gets around this too with his "they're all sixteen... sexy, single, sixteen, especially the adults" head-canon.

That said, the idea of Ultimate Marvel even as it fell into backwards is an interesting one, but it should be like an ongoing thing. Say, every 15 years, with a definitive ending. Then you wait a few years and restart the line again set in the present day. I'd like something like DC's Earth One to have an ongoing anthology type series, like Earth 2 was, rather than just graphic novels on no set timeline of how often they come out. And like The Ultimates and the many Ultimate [mini-series] served as. Anything would just be nice to have one of these universes actually age and develop people again, so like Reed Richards doesn't have to constantly be updated into what war he supposedly was in, just set it and forget it, then end the whole thing after 10-20 years and reboot. Just don't do it to your main universe, keep stretching those out until they collapse. Otherwise you have people like me snarking on how Batman went through five Robins in five years because you stupidly thought "oh yeah everybody is set to five years 'old' now but we won't toss out any of the canon for... Batman... and Green Lantern and..." One thing Marvel could do that DC couldn't (because they already did it) is jump back and set a Marvel Universe that "starts" in the 1980's, you could have all the blatantly Soviet villains as actual Soviet villains (like Black Widow or CRIMSON DYNAMO) again briefly, then the Soviet collapse could be done in terms of the superhero arms race with the "bad guys" then becoming freelancers around the globe and so on, I'd find that fun as we never really had that "timeline" whereas we had the 1960's and 2000's with Marvel and Ultimate Marvel. Plus you could write to events that already happened rather than to events as they're happening.

I'd even call it Ultimate Marvel still, whichever version, 1980's or 2020's start, with the understanding that this will only last for 10-20 years maximum, everything ends at some point and then reboots, etc. Then people would realize there's Marvel/DC which keeps going, and Ultimate Marvel/All-Star DC which starts over every decade or two. Only it would be on purpose and deliberate.

:doge

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6190 on: March 10, 2021, 04:52:33 AM »
I'm reading Ultimate Marvel for the first time (other than some of Ultimate X-Men and The Ultimates once some time back) and The Ultimates 3/Ultimatum is amazing. Jeph Loeb is a master storyteller. How did nobody stop this? You really have to see it, reading reviews doesn't quite grasp it. "DO YOU THINK THIS A STANDS FOR FRANCE?" is so seemingly small in comparison to The House of Ideas™ that Loeb sets up and drops into just ten issues. And then Bendis just writes around it like nothing happened and as if no key characters were killed.

Ultimates 3 and Mark Millars Unfunnies are the 2 comics that even the harshest review cannot meet the reality of what was created, and you really do need to read for yourself. :rofl

Actually, the worst part is what is seemingly Bendis' insistence that the entire Ultimate Marvel storyline across all the books takes place during a single year with like a six month time skip for Ultimatum.

I think the idea for that came from editorial of the 616 to justify the sliding timescale, where like, every issue of spiderman pretty much has to be a day in his life, because otherwise he'd be way fucking older than is portrayed, which also makes zero sense in terms of the shit spidey goes through on a daily basis :lol

That said, the idea of Ultimate Marvel even as it fell into backwards is an interesting one, but it should be like an ongoing thing. Say, every 15 years, with a definitive ending. Then you wait a few years and restart the line again set in the present day. I'd like something like DC's Earth One to have an ongoing anthology type series, like Earth 2 was, rather than just graphic novels on no set timeline of how often they come out. And like The Ultimates and the many Ultimate [mini-series] served as. Anything would just be nice to have one of these universes actually age and develop people again, so like Reed Richards doesn't have to constantly be updated into what war he supposedly was in, just set it and forget it, then end the whole thing after 10-20 years and reboot. Just don't do it to your main universe, keep stretching those out until they collapse. Otherwise you have people like me snarking on how Batman went through five Robins in five years because you stupidly thought "oh yeah everybody is set to five years 'old' now but we won't toss out any of the canon for... Batman... and Green Lantern and..."

its weird, because obviously a continuity free stepping on point for new readers makes a lot of sense, as does mining your previous continuity for its best bits and throwing away the crap stuff to have a streamlined 'greatest hits' line.
But then you have the problem marvel did at the time, where the only books worth reading are in your spin off line with all your best writers and your 'real' line (which really you should be trying to get readers to transition into) is trash

One thing Marvel could do that DC couldn't (because they already did it) is jump back and set a Marvel Universe that "starts" in the 1980's

They sorta kinda did...

Tasty

« Reply #6191 on: March 10, 2021, 07:50:10 AM »
Ultimates is just goddamn baffling on every level. Like how did a single page make it past the script stage? Maybe "tastes like chicken" works better in text?

Jesus.

Tasty

« Reply #6192 on: March 10, 2021, 07:51:17 AM »
One thing Marvel could do that DC couldn't (because they already did it) is jump back and set a Marvel Universe that "starts" in the 1980's

The Ultimate Universe was basically prototype comics MCU. But Feige hopefully has his head on straight.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6193 on: March 10, 2021, 10:27:54 AM »
Probably didn't help with the comics sales that when the MCU had a new wave of fans looking to buy more content about Captain America, Thor and Iron Man, you know, like in the movies, Captain America was a black dude, Thor was a woman with cancer and Iron Man was a teenage girl

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6194 on: March 10, 2021, 12:10:35 PM »
Probably didn't help with the comics sales that when the MCU had a new wave of fans looking to buy more content about Captain America, Thor and Iron Man, you know, like in the movies, Captain America was a black dude, Thor was a woman with cancer and Iron Man was a teenage girl

...All things that they are going to do now in the MCU!

:rollsafe
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6195 on: March 10, 2021, 12:26:36 PM »
Was not a big fan of that time.  IIRC wasn't this following Secret Wars and when Marvel replaced most of their bigger characters with others?  Not just for some kind of diversity push, but also Old Man Logan replacing Wolverine (even though X-23 also replaced Wolverine), Doc Ock becoming Superior Spider-Man, etc. 

And then before that, they did that AXIS event and Falcon was 'turned,' so his book was initially about him being ASSHOLE Captain America.  That was a good way to push your new superhero, Marvel.
:dead

I did like Iron Man with Riri Williams and Amadeus Cho as the Hulk.  Wasn't big on Jane Foster Thor.
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6196 on: March 10, 2021, 01:05:07 PM »
I stopped reading a whole bunch of stuff around then, not because I have a problem with replacing characters in concept, but because most of those replacement books were just really shitty.

Thats the problem with big sweeping changes - same reason I bounced hard off DC with nu52 too - if you upend the status quo, the new status quo at least has to be more interesting than what it replaced

benjipwns

« Reply #6197 on: March 11, 2021, 12:00:43 AM »
I totally forgot about the new universe.

Ultimate Marvel does have a thing where a bunch of the writers said "what's the way we can make this horrible, killing doesn't work anymore" and they all said CANNIBALISM. Hulk eats people, Venom eats people, Blob eats people, Carnage arguably eats people, etc.

The funny thing about the Blob and TASTES LIKE CHICKEN is just before Bendis spends a whole bunch of time trying to humanize the Blob as a good dad who tries to do right for his kids even though he's part of Magneto's team. Then Jeph Loeb is like fuck that, this is the House of Ideas mister.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6198 on: March 11, 2021, 07:27:13 AM »
I stopped reading a whole bunch of stuff around then, not because I have a problem with replacing characters in concept, but because most of those replacement books were just really shitty.

Thats the problem with big sweeping changes - same reason I bounced hard off DC with nu52 too - if you upend the status quo, the new status quo at least has to be more interesting than what it replaced

I feel like I just can't with DC since I haven't read most of their books in a few years, and every time I read about them, they're doing another line-wide universe-reset thing.  It sounds exhausting.
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #6199 on: March 12, 2021, 12:32:15 AM »
DC only reset once, a decade ago with New 52. Convergence/Rebirth in 2015 was just undoing the New 52's limitations and restoring the entire post-Crisis canon. The status quo since then has been unchanged and what Morrison/Waid/etc. advocated for years and that's that everything is canon if you want it to be. Doomsday Clock, METAL, etc. have just been restoring things that New 52 wiped out, they haven't reset anything.

Basically DC has been unchanged since Crisis except there was a four year blip where briefly the New 52 existed, the only major character who was changed significantly was Wonder Woman (and Wally West who fell through a plot wormhole), and Death Metal was about restoring everything to her (and Wally West) as canon again. The trappings of the New 52 didn't even apply to some characters who aged up through it like Barbara Gordon.

The only reason Crisis still matters is because they really did rewrite almost everything back in the 80s and you can't go back before it because DC had no hard canon before it like Marvel did, but most everything has been written into the post-Crisis canon, even the pre-Crisis stories "happened" just not necessarily the way they were portrayed before Crisis. Unless you specifically are looking for that kind of DC... whimsy... that pre-Crisis stories contain you can always start at Crisis. Or you can start at New 52.

Actually. Or you can start at Rebirth. The idea was that if you had fell out with the New 52, you could just ignore it. The Rebirth stories were supposed to let you come back like nothing happened. Aside from having to wrangle Superman back into a single canon or things like the promoting Harley Quinn to AAA-lister most of the New 52 was ignorable if you wanted it to be. The exception to this is Batman Family and Green Lantern Family. Because they were never rebooted, they continued through Flashpoint into New 52 into Rebirth basically unchanged except for stuff like how Tim Drake was ALWAYS Red Robin now (except for when he wasn't) or whatever.  This actually could be considered tradition because Batman went through Crisis unchanged too, his stories continued right from where they left off before the Universe disappeared. Green Lantern similarly was "most unchanged" by Crisis because like Batman he had already been "rebooted" during the 70's.

Tasty

« Reply #6200 on: March 12, 2021, 12:42:50 AM »
I had most of that post written but deleted it cause it wasn't worth the effort lol.

tldr: DC essentially reboots their line every five years these days. (New 52, Rebirth, "5G" (attempted))

It's not "exhausting" if you just do trades, but I hard-bailed out like two years ago cause I didn't like anything DC was publishing so what do I know. :idont

Tasty

« Reply #6201 on: March 12, 2021, 12:45:31 AM »
Basically DC has been unchanged since Crisis except there was a four year blip where briefly the New 52 existed, the only major character who was changed significantly was Wonder Woman

You could argue Supes as well, as current Supes is literally a DBZ fusion-HA of pre and post New 52 versions lol.

"We're going to be fine!"

And then... BENDIS

benjipwns

« Reply #6202 on: March 12, 2021, 12:50:00 AM »
Yeah, Batman is the only one I keep up with really. And the events. Then I'll read a bunch of something "collected" after a while, like Wonder Woman, especially when it was doing the every other issue dual storyline I was like, nah, I'll wait for this lol

Though even Death Metal I was more seeing it every week than reading it every week. Doomsday Clock I was simply because I was amazed at how long it was taking and how nothing was happening in it for the first thirty issues or so.

benjipwns

« Reply #6203 on: March 12, 2021, 12:59:02 AM »
Great Moments in Comic Dialogue Part LXVII:

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6204 on: March 12, 2021, 04:53:02 AM »
Thinking back, nu52 was really the straw that broke the camels back with me for DC, rather than a one off thing.

I just really don't like Geoff Johns, and the more say he has in things the less I end up liking them. :idont

I really feel like despite being an obvious Alan Moore fanboy, he really has no clue what makes (well, made past tense I guess) Alan Moore comics good; even doing his darker stuff there was still an element of whimsy, and you never really get with Geoff Johns when he's writing stuff like "THEN SUPERBOY PRIME PUNCHES HIS FUCKING HEAD OFF IN FRONT OF HIS FRIENDS"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6205 on: March 12, 2021, 04:57:50 AM »
And then... BENDIS

...and conversely, I generally like Bendis, even though he drifts into samevoice and you end up with a bunch of supes nattering away like they're in an episode of Seinfeld.

I didn't know he'd done an actual sequel to Alias, and I read that yesterday when I discovered that.
It was still very good! I figure it must have come out around the netflix show getting some heat, as it was revisiting things that honestly didn't need revisiting.
I really like stories playing around in the margins of what its like living in a superhero world though - your Astro Cities / Top Tens / GCPDs / Stormwatch Team Achilles etc

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6206 on: March 12, 2021, 07:19:19 AM »
DC only reset once, a decade ago with New 52. Convergence/Rebirth in 2015 was just undoing the New 52's limitations and restoring the entire post-Crisis canon. The status quo since then has been unchanged and what Morrison/Waid/etc. advocated for years and that's that everything is canon if you want it to be. Doomsday Clock, METAL, etc. have just been restoring things that New 52 wiped out, they haven't reset anything.

Basically DC has been unchanged since Crisis except there was a four year blip where briefly the New 52 existed, the only major character who was changed significantly was Wonder Woman (and Wally West who fell through a plot wormhole), and Death Metal was about restoring everything to her (and Wally West) as canon again. The trappings of the New 52 didn't even apply to some characters who aged up through it like Barbara Gordon.

The only reason Crisis still matters is because they really did rewrite almost everything back in the 80s and you can't go back before it because DC had no hard canon before it like Marvel did, but most everything has been written into the post-Crisis canon, even the pre-Crisis stories "happened" just not necessarily the way they were portrayed before Crisis. Unless you specifically are looking for that kind of DC... whimsy... that pre-Crisis stories contain you can always start at Crisis. Or you can start at New 52.

Actually. Or you can start at Rebirth. The idea was that if you had fell out with the New 52, you could just ignore it. The Rebirth stories were supposed to let you come back like nothing happened. Aside from having to wrangle Superman back into a single canon or things like the promoting Harley Quinn to AAA-lister most of the New 52 was ignorable if you wanted it to be. The exception to this is Batman Family and Green Lantern Family. Because they were never rebooted, they continued through Flashpoint into New 52 into Rebirth basically unchanged except for stuff like how Tim Drake was ALWAYS Red Robin now (except for when he wasn't) or whatever.  This actually could be considered tradition because Batman went through Crisis unchanged too, his stories continued right from where they left off before the Universe disappeared. Green Lantern similarly was "most unchanged" by Crisis because like Batman he had already been "rebooted" during the 70's.

It's pretty much what Tasty said- it's like they reboot their comics every five years or so.  I wasn't that big into DC -was always way more into Marvel- and finally started reading a lot more of their stuff when New 52 came along.  This is in contrast to Marvel, where I'd been reading since the 80s.  Once they decided to ditch New 52, they started losing me again, and all these constant events where shit is changed up (or them trying "restore" everything) is just too much. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6207 on: March 12, 2021, 07:21:00 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Is this Claremont?

When I think of his writing, I think of the word "caper" being used way too much.  :P
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #6208 on: March 12, 2021, 08:03:54 AM »

I'm partial to Part LXVIII:

Quoth Timothy Drake. :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6209 on: March 12, 2021, 08:09:33 AM »

From a contemporary 'event' crossover comic

benjipwns

« Reply #6210 on: March 13, 2021, 01:04:44 PM »
I'm partial to Part LXVIII:

Quoth Timothy Drake. :lol
Why does he have so many ears?

Is this Claremont?

When I think of his writing, I think of the word "caper" being used way too much.  :P
Yes, in the intro essay to the Masterworks he admits that his early Uncanny X-Men issues are "significantly overwritten" with the hindsight of 20 years.

This was almost certainly due to Marvel's payment structure. Marvel paid based on three things, the plot, the art and the dialogue. This was the "Marvel Method" that worked so well for Lee and Kirby/Ditko. You can tell it when you read old Marvel and compare it to almost anything from anyone else or anything "modern" it has tons of dialogue of characters describing out loud what they're doing. "I'll swing from this roof over to this other roof and then jump down onto another roof" will be not just shown or described quickly but be two or three boxes of dialogue from say, Daredevil or Spider-Man. Some of my favorites are characters out loud describing how they need to keep quiet to hide their secret identities lest anyone find out they're actually MATT MURDOCK AND I HOPE NOBODY FINDS OUT THAT I'M MATT MURDOCK AS I SNEAK UP HERE IN THESE RAFTERS AS MATT MURDOCK DRESSED AS DAREDEVIL. It's because Stan Lee was getting himself paid a second time for every dialogue box he could fit over the art and plot.

benjipwns

« Reply #6211 on: March 16, 2021, 01:06:22 AM »
I finished Ultimate Marvel and I like how it never stops really, albeit nobody can match Jeph Loeb, with the United States falling apart, mutant land reservations, and Captain America winning election as the President. :lol

There's some legitimate good in there, I liked where they went with Reed Richards and everything, even the solution to the one storyline involving that was a great way to get out of an impossible plot, etc. Miles Morales was really boring though and Bendis' plot problems compacted into themselves with it. Bendis trying to write what I imagine he'd term "African-American dialogue" was hilarious and I hoped it would continue but he dropped it after an issue.

Also, generally overlooked (couldn't even find it online) in all the other madness from those Loeb issues is this epic comeback from Wolverine to Hawkeye, in Ultimates 3:

GOT EM LOGAN, GOT EM
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 01:11:41 AM by benjipwns »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6212 on: March 16, 2021, 05:51:22 AM »
epic comeback, or fourth wall breaking jab at editorial oversight on continuity?

:thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #6213 on: March 16, 2021, 12:06:03 PM »
Well, they had just murdered his wife and kids in Ultimates 2.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #6215 on: March 20, 2021, 03:17:52 AM »

Bebpo

« Reply #6216 on: March 21, 2021, 12:17:36 AM »
Tasty, if I want to watch Justice League stuff through the DC animated movies, which one do I start with?

benjipwns

« Reply #6217 on: March 21, 2021, 01:16:43 AM »
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox is the first one from when they launched this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Animated_Movie_Universe#Films

Bebpo

« Reply #6218 on: March 21, 2021, 01:26:59 AM »
Yeah, that was what I was looking for.

Bebpo

« Reply #6219 on: March 21, 2021, 02:50:49 AM »
Ok, watched the first one, The Flashpoint Paradox. That was not a good place to start with an alt-world story.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6220 on: March 21, 2021, 06:57:28 PM »
Most of those animated movies are better than the live-action ones.  :doge
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #6221 on: March 22, 2021, 02:20:43 PM »

:takei

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6222 on: March 23, 2021, 08:15:25 AM »
Most of those animated movies are better than the live-action ones.  :doge

Low bar.

Young Justice is substantially better than the movies.

benjipwns

« Reply #6223 on: March 24, 2021, 09:54:40 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #6224 on: March 24, 2021, 09:58:56 PM »

wait, Tony Stark is IRON MAN?!?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6225 on: March 25, 2021, 12:08:54 AM »
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6226 on: March 25, 2021, 12:37:32 PM »
WHY I OUGHTA

Bebpo

« Reply #6227 on: March 25, 2021, 04:16:47 PM »
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/best-year-of-boom-studios-books

Are any of these good? I've never heard of Boom comics or any of these comics but I've enjoyed a lot of random stuff from the Image comics bundles.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6228 on: March 25, 2021, 04:20:49 PM »
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/best-year-of-boom-studios-books

Are any of these good? I've never heard of Boom comics or any of these comics but I've enjoyed a lot of random stuff from the Image comics bundles.

The only one I've read is Irredeemable (which is good, but ymmv based on your interest in a 'what if superman went bad?' story) but theres some books by Al Ewing and Kieron Gillen who both do pretty good stuff

Bebpo

« Reply #6229 on: March 25, 2021, 04:26:56 PM »
Oh, I like Gillen. I'll have to take a look at which is theirs.

Bebpo

« Reply #6230 on: March 25, 2021, 07:30:11 PM »
So I got the $25 bundle and the quality of the scans are complete artifacting shit on all of them. Got the .cbzs, will see if the pdfs are any better but I think the publisher just did a real shitty job with their digital scans  :maf

Bebpo

« Reply #6231 on: March 25, 2021, 07:58:34 PM »

Like literally this is the quality of a brand new comic you get for $25 in this bundle.

Tasty

« Reply #6232 on: March 25, 2021, 08:01:42 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #6233 on: March 25, 2021, 08:10:38 PM »
Yaaa, that is shitty too lol

Bebpo

« Reply #6234 on: March 25, 2021, 08:11:15 PM »
Well I submitted a support ticket to humble bundle to at least make them aware that their new bundle has ass image quality and they should complain to Boom! Studios or whoever is supplying the scanned digital comics.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6235 on: March 26, 2021, 07:19:18 PM »

:ryker

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6236 on: March 26, 2021, 09:19:11 PM »

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6237 on: March 26, 2021, 09:20:40 PM »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 09:24:49 PM by bork »
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #6238 on: March 26, 2021, 09:32:24 PM »
There's an old issue of (I assume) Fantastic Four I saw a few years ago where PASTE POT PETE attacks Sue Storm and shoots glue all over her sticking her to the floor and it looks like well, you know...

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6239 on: March 27, 2021, 05:23:46 PM »
There's an old issue of (I assume) Fantastic Four I saw a few years ago where PASTE POT PETE attacks Sue Storm and shoots glue all over her sticking her to the floor and it looks like well, you know...

I love how in continuity paste pot pete is such a shit name that even after he rebrands as the Trapster everyone still calls him paste pot pete  :lol