Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 428775 times)

thetylerrob

Why am I reading this fan fiction at work? Why would anyone post this?

Himu

It's a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Why am I reading this fan fiction at work? Why would anyone post this?

Moreover, who would believe it?

Wait, did it get posted to REEEEEEE?  :thinking
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Got into the GranBlue beta that's happening this weekend!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Granblue is pretty awesome!  It's the first Arc game in...ever that I think feels really, really easy to pick up and play.  They've simplified their controls in recent games, but this one just feels more Street Fighter than anything Guilty Gear or "anime."  Much less chaos means more my style.  Won with a lot of footsies and long-range normal pokes to keep peeps out.   All over this now.

The visuals appear to be even better than GGX2 and DBZF, with more detail on the character models.  Was very impressed.

Found this amusing:

Every time the character said that move, I heard BEBPO, SIC 'EM!  :P
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 10:34:49 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
All the info on gameplay and controls are here:

https://versus.granbluefantasy.jp/en/closedbeta/playguide/
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
https://twitter.com/Rubs_is_3/status/1135611931182678020

Back in the UFC 2009 or 2010 era, I had some shitbag xbox-message me during a lobby, telling me he'd play me but not versus the fighter I'd chosen. So I chose another fighter, he beat me once, rematched to twice, beat me a second time, but when I won during the third match the fucker ragequit.

I was really impressed with the amount of yellow squirting out of the backside of that coward, a gusher of craven-ness.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

Wow, Mai is using her fans this time around.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

Wow, Mai is using her fans this time around.

???

She used then in DOA5, too.  :P

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
https://twitter.com/Rubs_is_3/status/1135611931182678020

Back in the UFC 2009 or 2010 era, I had some shitbag xbox-message me during a lobby, telling me he'd play me but not versus the fighter I'd chosen. So I chose another fighter, he beat me once, rematched to twice, beat me a second time, but when I won during the third match the fucker ragequit.

I was really impressed with the amount of yellow squirting out of the backside of that coward, a gusher of craven-ness.

I once got someone accusing me of "counter-picking" in a ranked SSF4 match:

This was LOL-worthy because:

1. I didn't know who this guy was
2. You couldn't counter-pick in SSF4- your opponent's character selection did not display in ranked!  :lol
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
Kula seems like odd fit and Mai looks kinda worse than 5  :lol

Also legit always thought she said ME BOUNCY and not NIPPON ICHI.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Mai and Kula are up for purchase on Steam- PSN and XBL later today.  They get story mode segments, too!  Steam also now has all the DLC costumes for sale a la carte.  No word on U.S. PSN.

https://twitter.com/DOATEC_OFFICIAL/status/1140936165400334336

Kula seems like odd fit and Mai looks kinda worse than 5  :lol

Kula seems to fit right in:

https://twitter.com/DestructionBomb/status/1140871555762786310
https://twitter.com/DestructionBomb/status/1140935944348082176
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
- Certain characters such as Guile and Zangief will have adjustments made to their aesthetics, personality, and presentation to avoid "promoting toxically masculine ideals or behaviors" and "militarism and imperialism" (as suggested by an outside consultant). The behavior/presentation of the male characters is designed to promote the idea that "male strength need not be only physical, without emotion or sensitivity, or used only to hurt or dominate others".

- Ryu and Sakura (not Chun-li, as Capcom feels that Chinese players would find the notion of changing her race/ethnicity in particular to be "especially offensive"), as the game's default characters, have been reenvisioned as "semi-custom characters" that can be "retextured" on demand for free to allow players to choose an African, Latino/a, Indian, or Arabic (with more options likely to be made available on demand) appearance for them, with multiple natural hair colors (unnatural colors like pink are premium-only), hair textures (though not variant hairstyles, which are also premium content), and skin tones available, in order to "promote inclusiveness and celebrate the diversity of Street Fighter's fanbase", as suggested by a Capcom USA employee. The team "doesn't want to cede the issue to Mortal Kombat".

- At least one new character may be canonically transgender (though not in China and certain other markets), but in a "more mature and legitimate way than Poison", as suggested by an outside consultant.

https://pastebin.com/J6EvAQbV

:hans1 :stop :insane :exxy :shaking

Pastebin been deleted.  :pika

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
https://gematsu.com/2019/06/samurai-shodown-v-special-now-available-for-pc

I'd think the new compilation that is coming eventually will have this as well? Almost there for the new one anyway, no way I would play this.  :lol

https://twitter.com/UGSA1RGEAR/status/1141265250651525121

Is this legit or just someone putting it out? Seems from the twitter comments it's not really supported. I need to go back and play this, haven't really tried it in a while. I want a few more stages, not sure if I will get Mai/Kula since not really playing, may wait for sale.

In other fighter news, Shang dropped in MK and he seems pretty great on first impression. Have played a good bit of MK tower stuff, steam says 25 hours but the game clock says 8.  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
https://gematsu.com/2019/06/samurai-shodown-v-special-now-available-for-pc

I'd think the new compilation that is coming eventually will have this as well? Almost there for the new one anyway, no way I would play this.  :lol

https://twitter.com/UGSA1RGEAR/status/1141265250651525121

Is this legit or just someone putting it out? Seems from the twitter comments it's not really supported. I need to go back and play this, haven't really tried it in a while. I want a few more stages, not sure if I will get Mai/Kula since not really playing, may wait for sale.

In other fighter news, Shang dropped in MK and he seems pretty great on first impression. Have played a good bit of MK tower stuff, steam says 25 hours but the game clock says 8.  :doge

Definitely legit- it's a location test.  They announced an arcade release a while back.

Haven't played DOA6 in a few months already and jumped back in for a bit to try out Mai and Kula.  Plenty of people playing and the game has gotten some nice updates since release.  Seems more solid now.  At this point though I'm just ready for SAMURAI SHODOWN!!!!!!!!!!.  I see that Shang Tsung hit MK11 (season pass) yesterday, but don't even care.  Samurai mutha fuckaz.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
The moves where Shang turns into the ninjas aren't in his tournament variations :| (excluding his fatal blow)

Akala

• Easy Victor
yeah that is pretty  :doge

I don't think you can even get all the ninja moves together on one variant. I tried, but fireball build seemed better. didn't play around too much.

Tripon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Million Arthur: Arcana Blood is now available on Steam. 

Way too many game releases all of a sudden. :dizzy
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
WTF is this even and why is Iori in it?  :lucas

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
WTF is this even and why is Iori in it?  :lucas

It's from EXAMU and is their latest Arcana Heart-style fighting game.  Came out in arcades and got a PS4 port in Japan at the end of last year.  Iori is there as part of some kind of deal they had with SNK- Thief Arthur is one of the guest DLC characters in SNK Heroines.  :)  Riesz from Seiken Densetsu 3/Trials Of Mana is also a guest character.

There's also various assist-only characters you can choose, including AKIRA ONO from Hi-Score Girl!
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1033387138451005440
:bow :bow2

And one of the assists spawned a small meme:
https://twitter.com/HellPockets/status/1093556230008623104
(She says "NICE DICK!!"  :lol)

This is also easily EXAMU's best-looking fighting game.  Super high-res sprites!

ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
I remember the dick assist.  :lol

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
I liked million arthur a lot when i played the arcade version when i was on holiday in japan, although I had no fucking idea what i was doing. The hammer boob loli grappler character was pretty lit. kinda interesting for a tag game, it sits in a good spot between say like more sf style games and marvel infinite combo craziness. And there's so many assists you can cook up some kooky shit.

I think I might grab it on steam just for trip nostalgia

I haven't played any other examu games.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
They censored NICE CHINCHIN on Steam.  :(

ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
BOOOOO get a refund.

thisismyusername

Nice mod-mod. *explosive handjobber complete*

thisismyusername

remy

and all is right in the world  :mynicca

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Fighting Games Thread: NICE CHINCHIN
« Reply #3214 on: June 25, 2019, 11:33:18 AM »
Heads up, SamSho season pass seems to be free for all, not just early buyers. I don't expect to get the game but I have the DLC now :D

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP5541-CUSA15915_00-SAMSHOSEASONPASS

Dunno how long it'll last like this though.

Tripon

Bebpo

« Reply #3216 on: June 27, 2019, 10:33:29 PM »
So I signed up for the Xbox game pass on PC and finally tried MvC:I

On PC with my DS4 I use for everything, for some reason diagonals don’t register on the d-pad so it’s impossible to jump forward or do a QCF. Analogs work fine but I’m not playing a fighter with analogs. Getting this issue both natively using DS4 and when using it through Inputmapper where the game thinks it’s a x360 controller. Can’t find anything online about this and it makes the game unplayable for me :(

Is there no way to turn off the softness to the image quality? The game looks like it’s being streamed or something and is incredibly soft image. Pretty annoying.

Also looks like game pass version doesn’t include the dlc, no venom or black panther, boo.

Tripon

« Reply #3217 on: June 27, 2019, 10:35:21 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3218 on: June 27, 2019, 11:56:56 PM »
So I signed up for the Xbox game pass on PC and finally tried MvC:I

On PC with my DS4 I use for everything, for some reason diagonals don’t register on the d-pad so it’s impossible to jump forward or do a QCF. Analogs work fine but I’m not playing a fighter with analogs. Getting this issue both natively using DS4 and when using it through Inputmapper where the game thinks it’s a x360 controller. Can’t find anything online about this and it makes the game unplayable for me :(

Is there no way to turn off the softness to the image quality? The game looks like it’s being streamed or something and is incredibly soft image. Pretty annoying.

Also looks like game pass version doesn’t include the dlc, no venom or black panther, boo.

the softness is kinda just how it looks, but i made some ini tweaks based on maximillian's suggestions and it does improve it a bit. not sure if you can do these changes on the gamepass version but i don't see why not.

https://www.gamecrate.com/improve-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-few-simple-mods/17396

as far as the DS4 thing I'm not sure. I just use a stick and it works well enough.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3219 on: June 28, 2019, 08:47:03 AM »
Fantasy Strike is leaving early access soon and will be releasing on 7/25 for PlayStation 4, Switch, PC, Mac, and Linux.

ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #3220 on: June 30, 2019, 07:13:03 AM »
Supposedly, the SF 30th Anniversary collection has improper properties in third strike and a few others of the ports?

Does anyone (bork?) have a clue on how accurate that is?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3221 on: June 30, 2019, 11:04:55 AM »
there were some mistakes with attack frames and move properties in 3S and ST in the pre-release demos at events and early copies but they were fixed for release

Tripon

« Reply #3222 on: June 30, 2019, 04:19:04 PM »
Bonchan pulled it out.

thisismyusername

« Reply #3223 on: June 30, 2019, 05:35:37 PM »
Fantasy Strike is leaving early access soon and will be releasing on 7/25 for PlayStation 4, Switch, PC, Mac, and Linux.

>not able to rebind keys in the tutorial to where jump is on up (because there's an option that is off that prevents you from doing that to have the jump NOT be a single-key)

Tripon

« Reply #3224 on: July 01, 2019, 08:20:35 PM »
Capcom Cup is in L.A. this year. Haven't mentioned exactly where.

Tripon

« Reply #3225 on: July 04, 2019, 01:24:38 AM »

remy

« Reply #3226 on: July 04, 2019, 01:27:16 AM »
being 30 and dating 16 year olds  :-X

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3228 on: July 04, 2019, 10:16:24 AM »
wow and i thought bullying a child off of twitter and out of the smash scene entirely for beating a top player was as low as the scene would go. now they're just literally fucking children :lol

Tasty

« Reply #3229 on: July 04, 2019, 10:21:15 AM »
Sigh.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3230 on: July 04, 2019, 11:33:41 AM »
oh wait both things were about Ally too goddamn :rofl

Tasty

« Reply #3231 on: July 04, 2019, 11:53:05 AM »
Sometimes a shitty person is just a shitty person.

thisismyusername

« Reply #3232 on: July 04, 2019, 12:54:35 PM »
being 30 and dating 16 year olds  :-X

There's a generation that grew up with this and think it's ok. :kermit

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3233 on: July 04, 2019, 01:10:54 PM »
to be fair, it doesn't seem like Ally told anyone to give shit to the girl that beat him. smash warriors seem to have decided that was the best course of action all on their own :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3234 on: July 04, 2019, 01:40:12 PM »
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3235 on: July 04, 2019, 01:44:39 PM »
In Canada that's legally an adult
??? no it isn't. in some provinces you aren't an adult til 19 :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3237 on: July 05, 2019, 09:33:02 PM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #3238 on: July 06, 2019, 09:27:31 AM »

>30 mins to say "Autocombos suck."

:yikes Is that typical Max?

I haven't seen the rest of it because (>30 mins) but I don't necessarily think the "Casualization" of the genre is a bad thing. I will admit that Autocombos being able to be abused by pros is probably something that an "eSport" mode or whatever should turn off. AND that eSport modes probably shouldn't be in the genre in the first place because it kills the offline/single-player content.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3239 on: July 06, 2019, 09:55:23 AM »
Didn't Max quit playing GG, DBFZ, and KOF14 cause they were too hard? And those are the "easier" games he's bitching about lol.

Tekken 7 made throw breaks and movement easier as well as adding an autocombo character and it's the most popular the series has ever been while losing almost no depth. Granted I can't stand Max and couldn't watch this whole video but it's pretty ::) ::) ::)

In a world where now everyone is playing online so much stuff like 1f links and such just aren't going to fly. A game with so many of them like SF4 just isn't gonna happen again. It is what it is and it's not so bad. Hell UMVC3 was the "baby mode" Marvel and it's extremely deep and remains one of the best and hypest staples of the genre imo.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 10:02:31 AM by nachobro »