Author Topic: VOAT Containment Megathread of Trash People for Trash People  (Read 2900882 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: Other Forum Megathread and Shitposting Emporium
« Reply #17760 on: June 24, 2017, 02:58:57 PM »
PoliGAF spinoff discord chat
Why did you join that in the first place  :girlaff

Yaaaasss Queeeen slayyyyyyyyyyy

Raist

« Reply #17761 on: June 24, 2017, 03:34:06 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241695936&postcount=126

"The Quran specifies a passage, Fadribuhunne, that talks about husbands beating their wives . We've got to reform our approach to this scripture."

Ok, this is about 4:34 and 38:44. There are multiple meanings of the word used for beat. Some translations say it's to kick them out, as a response to a wife being unfaithful (there already is a punishment for adultery in the Quran for adulterer and adulteress so hitting someone further is kind of overkill) and this is the last resort after advising them, not having sex with them, and then kicking them out or hitting as some scholars say. Now I'm sure there are men who misinterpret this passage to beat their wives carte blanche even though in all the translations that use the Arabic word to mean beat, it's to use a twig (that one Arabic people brush teeth with) and it's never to cause actual harm. When muslim husbands have been beating their wives using these passages as free will, adultery or not, and which causes actual harm and is repetitive, they are obviously wrong and sadly it's probably all too common in certain muslim communities that are more misogynistic.

What a fucking piece of shit. And of course, he doesn't actually quote the verses.

4:34
Men have authority over women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

38:44
We told him, "Take a handful of straw. Strike your wife with it to fulfill your oath." We found him to be patient. What an excellent servant he was. He was certainly most repenting.

Not to mention similar shit in hadith.
Let's justify this garbage while claiming to be an enlightened feminist brehs.

etiolate

« Reply #17762 on: June 24, 2017, 03:40:56 PM »
The fact that the march against sharia law practices got so many counter protestors is :snoop

It's okay to say there's something wrong with the text. Christians know there's outdated shit in the text that they just ignore and don't follow.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #17763 on: June 24, 2017, 04:08:36 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241695936&postcount=126

"The Quran specifies a passage, Fadribuhunne, that talks about husbands beating their wives . We've got to reform our approach to this scripture."

Ok, this is about 4:34 and 38:44. There are multiple meanings of the word used for beat. Some translations say it's to kick them out, as a response to a wife being unfaithful (there already is a punishment for adultery in the Quran for adulterer and adulteress so hitting someone further is kind of overkill) and this is the last resort after advising them, not having sex with them, and then kicking them out or hitting as some scholars say. Now I'm sure there are men who misinterpret this passage to beat their wives carte blanche even though in all the translations that use the Arabic word to mean beat, it's to use a twig (that one Arabic people brush teeth with) and it's never to cause actual harm. When muslim husbands have been beating their wives using these passages as free will, adultery or not, and which causes actual harm and is repetitive, they are obviously wrong and sadly it's probably all too common in certain muslim communities that are more misogynistic.

What a fucking piece of shit. And of course, he doesn't actually quote the verses.

4:34
Men have authority over women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

38:44
We told him, "Take a handful of straw. Strike your wife with it to fulfill your oath." We found him to be patient. What an excellent servant he was. He was certainly most repenting.

Not to mention similar shit in hadith.
Let's justify this garbage while claiming to be an enlightened feminist brehs.

It's cool to beat your wife with a toothbrush, brehs.
sigh

FStop7

« Reply #17764 on: June 24, 2017, 04:22:43 PM »
Amir0x will convert if that applies to moms, too

etiolate

« Reply #17765 on: June 24, 2017, 04:29:29 PM »
:lol gaf takes the SPLC seriously

CrankyJay

« Reply #17766 on: June 24, 2017, 05:12:12 PM »
Wait, pigeon got banned?  :lol

That fucker banned me from a PoliGAF spinoff discord chat. Those people are nuts.

I hate Bernie almost as much as I hate the San Francisco Giants, but some of the posts in that thread were unhinged. Too Leet To Be You calling out Amirox :aah
Good. He's one of the all or nothing cunts there.

nudemacusers

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #17768 on: June 24, 2017, 06:09:25 PM »

clothedmacuser

sigh

Oblivion

« Reply #17770 on: June 24, 2017, 06:25:39 PM »
The fact that the march against sharia law practices got so many counter protestors is :snoop

It's okay to say there's something wrong with the text. Christians know there's outdated shit in the text that they just ignore and don't follow.

It's possible to have problems with both Islam and anti-Islam protests and hold these beliefs simultaneously.

CrankyJay

« Reply #17771 on: June 24, 2017, 06:27:45 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241730451&postcount=469

W e w

Brosef never even fingerblasted a chick?

Haha, what an update. Sounds like it could have been ghostwritten by EviLore himself.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #17773 on: June 25, 2017, 12:12:44 AM »
Coal jobs in Appalachia dying out!

Fuck them they knew it was a dying industry, haha look at them suffer from cancer, boo hoo hoo your state voted for Trump and therefore you deserve no sympathy, they should have seen it coming, why don't they just move, shoulda gone into STEM in college dummy

Cashier jobs at McDonald's getting automated?

We need a basic income, how do we support them, this isn't fair, USA prison economy, rise against the machine, don't use automation, how could they have seen this coming, where can they go, they couldn't afford college

McDonald's workers aren't contributing toxic chemicals to the environment.

No, but their company is contributing to greenhouse gases with extensive cow farming. :smug

You joke, but tbh I'd imagine McDonalds is a much bigger detriment to the environment than the coal industry

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #17774 on: June 25, 2017, 12:24:19 AM »

Fuck them they knew it was a dying industry, haha look at them suffer from cancer, boo hoo hoo your state voted for Trump and therefore you deserve no sympathy, they should have seen it coming, why don't they just move, shoulda gone into STEM in college dummy

We need a basic income, how do we support them, this isn't fair, USA prison economy, rise against the machine, don't use automation, how could they have seen this coming, where can they go, they couldn't afford college

No, but their company is contributing to greenhouse gases with extensive cow farming. :smug

You joke, but tbh I'd imagine McDonalds is a much bigger detriment to the environment than the coal industry

I don't joke. Cow farming takes up like... 2-4x more land than plants. Methane from cows farting contribute to the greenhouse effect. It's actually detrimental to the environment. It's something vegans use as a sticking point against meat.

As it is, the bigger issue is food production in general since if everyone went vegan, quinoa and the like would have production issues (like they are currently with the small subset of vegans using it due to "lol superfood lol"). Simply too many people/logistical issues for either side (or both) to come out in balance.

bluemax

« Reply #17775 on: June 25, 2017, 02:48:00 AM »

I don't joke. Cow farming takes up like... 2-4x more land than plants. Methane from cows farting contribute to the greenhouse effect. It's actually detrimental to the environment. It's something vegans use as a sticking point against meat.

As it is, the bigger issue is food production in general since if everyone went vegan, quinoa and the like would have production issues (like they are currently with the small subset of vegans using it due to "lol superfood lol"). Simply too many people/logistical issues for either side (or both) to come out in balance.

Almost immediately after the whole Paris accord fiasco one of my vegetarian friends took to Facebook to remind us all how awful eating beef is for the world and environment.

Sometimes I like to ask these same evangelists what they think of almond based products and their massive contribution to the California drought, but I usually refrain.
NO

Raist

« Reply #17776 on: June 25, 2017, 03:21:50 AM »

Almost immediately after the whole Paris accord fiasco one of my vegetarian friends took to Facebook to remind us all how awful eating beef is for the world and environment.

Sometimes I like to ask these same evangelists what they think of almond based products and their massive contribution to the California drought, but I usually refrain.

Or Quinoa. Or Soy. Of which the cultivation not only has a really bad impact on the environment in several countries, they're also the cause of nasty socio-economical and potentially health issues for local communities.

Raist

« Reply #17777 on: June 25, 2017, 03:54:39 AM »
Let me make this as clear as I possibly can.

Anybody that voted for Trump, or a joke candidate, or Bernie or Gary Johnson or Jill Stein.

YOU are directly responsible for the large scale pearing down of the rights of minorities in this country.

Not the republicans. Not Trump. Not Sessions. Not whatever slimeball they get to replace leaving justices.

You.

And I hope, god willing, you have some form of a conscience and it eats at you for-fucking-ever how you "stuck it to the man" and ended up fucking over hundreds of millions of people so you could get a jolly by being a fucking contrarian.

:lol :badass

Is it normal to expect the details like how it's going to be paid, to be in a draft or is he being a dick?

What other options did he have on the table?

How do we run him out of town, if I'm not happy with the responses?

What's next?

When plans on how exactly to fund the transition to single-payer healthcare are "details".

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17778 on: June 25, 2017, 07:13:27 AM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=241768302

Star Citizen too hot for NeoGAF  >:(
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #17779 on: June 25, 2017, 07:31:43 AM »
"B-b-b-bu-but companies take loans all the time!" :lol

FStop7

« Reply #17780 on: June 25, 2017, 11:47:32 AM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=241765633

Wow this came out of nowhere... I hope everything turns out alright.

:gurl :comeon

etiolate

« Reply #17781 on: June 25, 2017, 02:26:17 PM »

It's possible to have problems with both Islam and anti-Islam protests and hold these beliefs simultaneously.

I am willing to bet if you have a problem with the anti-sharia protests then you're suckered into the apologetics that are part of the whole psy-ops of an Islamist dawah.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #17782 on: June 25, 2017, 02:41:31 PM »
This really the hill you want to look down upon on the poor and uneducated?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=241780377#post241780377
sigh

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17783 on: June 25, 2017, 02:45:16 PM »

I am willing to bet if you have a problem with the anti-sharia protests then you're suckered into the apologetics that are part of the whole psy-ops of an Islamist dawah.

"anti-shariah" protests :neogaf
dog

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #17784 on: June 25, 2017, 02:45:41 PM »

Both sides reeeeeeeee
rub

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #17785 on: June 25, 2017, 03:14:17 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=241768302

Star Citizen too hot for NeoGAF  >:(

If you can't argue in good faith, don't post

might as well shut down the whole forum then

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #17786 on: June 25, 2017, 04:57:13 PM »

lmfao it's almost inspiring how you come up with new and creative ways of being both a total asshole and a colossal idiot. You're fucking cheerleading 'anti sharia' protests now lmfao

etiolate

« Reply #17787 on: June 25, 2017, 05:03:51 PM »

I am willing to bet if you have a problem with the anti-sharia protests then you're suckered into the apologetics that are part of the whole psy-ops of an Islamist da'awah.

Fixed that for ya, akhi.

That's what I get for trusting wikipedia spelling

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #17788 on: June 25, 2017, 06:52:23 PM »
goddamit stop quoting him so I doon't have to read his garbage

unrelated, what the FUCK is the purpose of modbot?  Is he actually Lore with a different name?  He is fucking infuriating
püp

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17789 on: June 25, 2017, 07:21:41 PM »
Quote from: Autodidact
"Both sides" has infected print media to some extent, which surprises me. Conservatives watch TV, but I can't imagine many of them read the NYT.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241807075&postcount=5258

:lol

Quote from: Autodidact
I think from now on I'll replace the term oppo with TICK TICK BOOM. It feels so much more visceral and exciting.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241806433&postcount=5255

ὕβρις

jackbenimble

« Reply #17790 on: June 25, 2017, 07:24:27 PM »
Whose alt is Autodidact there is no way a real person is this corny

clothedmacuser

« Reply #17791 on: June 25, 2017, 07:45:26 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397169

Sigh.  I had hoped the Millennials would be the ones to kill Free Speech for once but looks like Generation Z has been brainwashed and thinks it's a good thing.   
sigh

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #17792 on: June 25, 2017, 08:35:54 PM »
What the fuck are you talking about

clothedmacuser

« Reply #17793 on: June 25, 2017, 08:43:28 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=241810984#post241810984

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=241810984#post241810984

What me?  Trying to portray other posters as racist as a way to silence them?  I've never done that!

What a punk ass. 
sigh

Oblivion

« Reply #17794 on: June 25, 2017, 09:06:05 PM »

I'm against "anti-sharia" protests because they're fucking stupid. You know why they're fucking stupid? Because Sharia law doesn't supercede U.S. law. It's a solution looking for a problem. All it does is promote Islamophobia among morons and the moronically-inclined.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #17795 on: June 25, 2017, 09:25:52 PM »
What the fuck are you talking about

For real.

etiolate

« Reply #17796 on: June 25, 2017, 10:12:41 PM »

I'm against "anti-sharia" protests because they're fucking stupid. You know why they're fucking stupid? Because Sharia law doesn't supercede U.S. law. It's a solution looking for a problem. All it does is promote Islamophobia among morons and the moronically-inclined.

There is FGM in the US. There is Sharia throughout the world, doing harmful things. If you listed the things within sharia that people were protesting against throughout the world, you wouldn't have counter-protesters. But since we've made being against that a right-left issue, we have dumbasses like you saying the shit you do.

Get educated or get fukt.

BTW, it being a right-left issue is exactly the psy-ops I'm talking about, as is the use of the term Islamophobia. (Which itself may be Mulsim Brotherhood propaganda, intended to operate in the way it does: silence talking about issues within Islam and Islamists.)

etiolate

« Reply #17797 on: June 25, 2017, 10:20:52 PM »
Process what I'm saying or I'll be mean.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17798 on: June 25, 2017, 10:22:31 PM »

:badass
dog

etiolate

« Reply #17799 on: June 25, 2017, 10:27:39 PM »

:heh

Go ahead.

You're making excuses for a terrible thing that you feel you can avoid so fuck the rest of the people. Deep down, that's your mentality and it makes you awful.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #17800 on: June 25, 2017, 10:30:29 PM »
How about you stop being such a pompus imbecile instead?  :confused

as is the use of the term Islamophobia. (Which itself may be Mulsim Brotherhood propaganda
Shit like that puts you this close to becoming a full-blown conspiracy distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

Go ahead.

You're making excuses for a terrible thing that you feel you can avoid so fuck the rest of the people. Deep down, that's your mentality and it makes you awful.
And again with the mind-reading. I thought you were above this, enlightened sensei? :confused

etiolate

« Reply #17801 on: June 25, 2017, 10:40:51 PM »
https://counterjihadreport.com/category/islamophobia-propaganda/

From 2010:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/not-ground-zero-mosque-built-u-s-muslims-access-american-dream-article-1.440737

A man that was once in the Islamist think tank that coined the term claims it was designed to be: "nothing more than a thought-terminating cliche conceived in the bowels of Muslim think tanks for the purpose of beating down critics."

etiolate

« Reply #17802 on: June 25, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »
Again, you didn't read and process.

You're fashioning bullshit to not deal with the reality.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17803 on: June 25, 2017, 10:49:09 PM »

dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #17804 on: June 25, 2017, 10:53:43 PM »
You're looking for evidence that fits your conclusions. How's that for a pithy aphorism?

Oblivion

« Reply #17805 on: June 25, 2017, 10:53:47 PM »

Go ahead.

What the hell are you talking about?

No, really. Define what the hell do you mean with "Sharia Law" and we'll see how many people here support such a thing.

And you use the goddamned Ground Zero Mosque incident to bolster your argument.  :neogaf

etiolate

« Reply #17806 on: June 25, 2017, 10:58:34 PM »
You're looking for evidence that fits your conclusions. How's that for a pithy aphorism?

Name my conclusion.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #17807 on: June 25, 2017, 11:14:05 PM »
You won't believe the sinister plot behind this neologism based on similar words used similar context, in a predictable patterns by predictable people with predictable motives, says local intelligent person. It is, in fact, cunningly disguised propaganda! Why else would anyone try to push against attempts at demonizing of an entire people? 

nudemacusers

« Reply #17808 on: June 25, 2017, 11:20:44 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397193

How does this even happen once lmao
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #17809 on: June 25, 2017, 11:25:27 PM »
That was mostly gibberish, but no.

The wider claim was originally that counter-protests to anti-sharia protests are ridiculous and embarrassing.

As for Islamophobia: The use the term matches the statement about the term. Other ex-Muslims (such as Ali) or those that have lived through an Islamic uprising have repeated this claim. The way the term is used is designed to silence. It is heavily misused, such as how Oblivion misused it. The claim is that is not misuse, but the intention of the term. That the approach is to use western guilt and acceptance to mollify the concerns of people. It works very well in the modern setting.

The hatred of Mulsim people is something different. The genocidal wars in the fall of Yugoslavia is a hatred of a people. A protest against female geneital mutilation and persecution of others within Sharia practices is not hatred. Majiid Nawaz trying to reform the religion is not hatred. Survivors of life under those conditions speaking out is not hatred. Yet all these things are deemed Islamophobia. The same way nazi is misused or racist misused today. It is not by accident. It is politically motivated shaming and silencing of others.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:35:03 PM by etiolate »

nudemacusers

« Reply #17810 on: June 25, 2017, 11:26:27 PM »
Shut up u nerds this is the thread where we lulz at other forums
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #17811 on: June 25, 2017, 11:30:09 PM »
sorries

There should be good gaf ish on Monday.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #17812 on: June 26, 2017, 12:53:39 AM »
The way the term is used is designed to silence.
This is nothing new to anybody here. We even have a word for it in German! Totschlagargument. Neat, yeah? It's stereotypically long and everything! Anyway...

It is heavily misused, such as how Oblivion misused it.
No, he didn't. Both the term and the protests can and do have more than one dimension, besides the one you've isolated. But you don't allow for that because you've excluded any other perspective with, yet again, an entirely superfluous brainwashing bent to something that is sufficiently explained by existing societal phenomena. Complete with tone-deaf personal accusations to that effect.

Compare this:
The claim is that is not misuse, but the intention of the term. That the approach is to use western guilt and acceptance to mollify the concerns of people.

With this:

And then tell me why people mock you and don't react well to your 'wisdom'. Your patronizing, pompous cock prancing when people react with justified bewilderment is what cements your position as a pariah here. But then maybe you enjoy it. Who am I to judge?

etiolate

« Reply #17813 on: June 26, 2017, 01:18:02 AM »
You said absolutely nothing. Again.

Explain how Oblivion did not misuse it.

Oblivion

« Reply #17814 on: June 26, 2017, 01:21:47 AM »

The hatred of Mulsim people is something different. The genocidal wars in the fall of Yugoslavia is a hatred of a people. A protest against female geneital mutilation and persecution of others within Sharia practices is not hatred. Majiid Nawaz trying to reform the religion is not hatred. Survivors of life under those conditions speaking out is not hatred. Yet all these things are deemed Islamophobia. The same way nazi is misused or racist misused today. It is not by accident. It is politically motivated shaming and silencing of others.

This is such disingenuous horseshit. Please tell me who on the left is fine with tolerating that type of shit?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #17815 on: June 26, 2017, 01:21:50 AM »

No. You annoyed me and I wasted (not actually) precious time in the process.

Instead, explain why only your interpretation of the term is correct.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #17816 on: June 26, 2017, 01:31:46 AM »

Oblivion

« Reply #17817 on: June 26, 2017, 01:49:12 AM »
Let's exorcise the satanic cancer from this thread

🙏

etiolate

« Reply #17818 on: June 26, 2017, 01:54:40 AM »

No. You annoyed me and I wasted (not actually) precious time in the process.

Instead, explain why only your interpretation of the term is correct.

That was never the claim made and to attempt to say that is a dishonest tactic. So eat shit? I'm not in the mood tonight. I find these responsse to me truly disgusting.

I claimed its constant misuse as a distract and silencing tactic reflects the origin I referenced. Even within that, I said it may be the origin of the word, and not absolutelt so. I went over the idea of hateful behavior towards Muslims and how those cases are vastly different from how the term is used in the multiple examples I gave. Of course, you could come up with a million meanings for any term, but they are not all relative and not all valid. The function of the term reflects what I said about the term.

Here's some videos with people who have dealt with this for real detailing what I originally talked about: Manipulating Western Values

These are not short, but they're worthwhile if you have the time.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #17819 on: June 26, 2017, 02:53:18 AM »
ha last time i was on gaf this dude went off on me for not caring about sharia law :doge
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240803994&postcount=2017
Quote from: benjipwns
What's wrong with Sharia Law being used for dispute settlement as long as it doesn't violate higher laws like the ones against murder and so on?

There's all kinds of religious and non-religious groups that operate under these systems. Like, the Amish for one.
So your for husbands having the natural right to rape their wives. Genital mutilation? Not sure if you're trolling. Never seen amish do these things.

Let me make this as clear as I possibly can.

Anybody that voted for Trump, or a joke candidate, or Bernie or Gary Johnson or Jill Stein.

YOU are directly responsible for the large scale pearing down of the rights of minorities in this country.

Not the republicans. Not Trump. Not Sessions. Not whatever slimeball they get to replace leaving justices.

You.

And I hope, god willing, you have some form of a conscience and it eats at you for-fucking-ever how you "stuck it to the man" and ended up fucking over hundreds of millions of people so you could get a jolly by being a fucking contrarian.
non voters still safe :success

goddamit stop quoting him so I doon't have to read his garbage

unrelated, what the FUCK is the purpose of modbot?  Is he actually Lore with a different name?  He is fucking infuriating
so they can ban straight from irc and stuff instead of using the forum