Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 177666 times)

tiesto and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

mormapope

• GIMMIE THE TITS
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #5640 on: July 17, 2019, 02:48:49 PM »
Well at least you don't have to worry about the top buttons on the joycons, cause you seem plenty triggered already. :doge

While youre sucking my dick, Ill make sure to fuck you in the butt with the defective joycons. Maybe your unwashed ass will work like electric cleaner.

Thanks for the advice, first Bork told me to get it repaired if issues arise, but now two posters telling me that's a solution has changed my mind. I never knew videogame consoles and peripherals could be repaired until today.

If I can't get it repaired for some reason, is there some way for me to buy another joy-con? Im looking for really simple solutions here, I have infinite money and infinite patience with badly designed electronics.

have you tried whining on forums about products you don't own to people who don't care? that usually fixes problems instantly.

How bout I drizzle some hot nacho cheese on my rager cock and you can take your sweet weaboo lips and suck it off you softass. One person bitching in a thread that is generally a Nintendo-topia makes you wanna try to dogpile me, eh?

Wanting a dedicated handheld that won't have a prevalent design issue from the previous iteration should not be a controversial opinon. That's like, the most basic bitch shit possible.

Instead, Im getting treated to some flat earth mindfuckery where joycon drifting isn't a thing or an actual issue to be brought up.

I thought this was a discussion thread about the Switch, my bad. This is a stealth Nintendo cock worship thread. I like my Japanese men to be a bit chubbier than Nintendo's to be honest.

Nobody said any of that.  I just said that I doubt it's happening to "two-thirds of Switch owners." That would be ridiculously-high.

You can pay four bucks to ship a defective joycon to Nintendo to repair/replace or buy another controller if you don't want to do that- nobody is excusing any of this.  It's just not the same kind of issue like a RRoD or whatever.  I've had other console controllers break before- it happens.  Maybe I should go write an article about it.
 :thinking

Oh Ill save you the trouble, there's already tons of articles about it and many many threads for the past two years on this issue.

Also, fine, it isn't 2/3rds. But it's also not a manufacturered issue from the anti Nintendo illuminati.
Hairy

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5641 on: July 17, 2019, 02:53:25 PM »
Can't they increase the deadzone in firmware, as a dirty workaround? I've always assumed that consoles do this already, because the worn console controllers I own have much worse stick drift on PC than on the consoles themselves.

mormapope

• GIMMIE THE TITS
« Reply #5642 on: July 17, 2019, 03:01:37 PM »
Can't they increase the deadzone in firmware, as a dirty workaround? I've always assumed that consoles do this already, because the worn console controllers I own have much worse stick drift on PC than on the consoles themselves.

This would be the ideal solution imo. As long as the "correction" doesn't make the deadzone too big, it'd be a good enough work around potentially.

Like you've described, PC games or input detection on PC is a lot more sensitive than on the intended console the peripheral is for.
Hairy

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5643 on: July 17, 2019, 03:14:59 PM »
Also, fine, it isn't 2/3rds. But it's also not a manufacturered issue from the anti Nintendo illuminati.

Well, yeah- who are we?  REEEE?
 :shaking
spoiler (click to show/hide)

DON'T ANSWER THAT

:rage
ど助平

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #5644 on: July 17, 2019, 03:19:00 PM »
Nintendo: "Hey remember when we had really good screens on some models of the Gameboy Advance SP and Nintendo DS/3DS and really bad ones on others?"

Consumers: "We had to check the serial numbers right? And in most cases they were easy to spot because of special editions..."

Nintendo: "YES! Now, let's play that game again. But this time we won't make any 'visible' changes. We just put in a new chip and battery and everything else is the same."

Consumers: "So how will we know if retailers are just clearing out old stock or selling refurbished models or if these are the new ones with better batteries or chips or even if they're released outside of Japan?"

Nintendo: "YES!"
dutch

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5645 on: July 17, 2019, 03:21:00 PM »
Sounds like what Sony did with the PSVR when they released the upgraded version :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5646 on: July 17, 2019, 03:39:03 PM »
Current box:

New box:

Nintendo:
ど助平

Tasty Meat

• You tell a kid there’s no hope, man, just wait and see how fast that kid tells you otherwise.
« Reply #5647 on: July 17, 2019, 04:04:46 PM »
"Play docked with a pro controller" aren't  solutions.

Works for me :trumps :miyamoto
🐚

Tasty Meat

• You tell a kid there’s no hope, man, just wait and see how fast that kid tells you otherwise.
« Reply #5648 on: July 17, 2019, 04:12:51 PM »
I agree with morma though, but only on the principle of being personally tired hearing Joy-Con complaints over and over.
🐚

kingv

« Reply #5649 on: July 17, 2019, 04:16:23 PM »
Funnily enough, my switch is the only console I have where none of the controllers have busted in one way or another.

I hade Xbox controllers where the 3.5mm stopped working for whatever reason, and ps4 controllers withe broke shoulder buttons, but all of my joy cons work fine.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5650 on: July 17, 2019, 04:31:00 PM »
I agree with morma though, but only on the principle of being personally tired hearing Joy-Con complaints over and over.

Plus it has another big fault of having no d-pad!   :awesome

Funnily enough, my switch is the only console I have where none of the controllers have busted in one way or another.

I hade Xbox controllers where the 3.5mm stopped working for whatever reason, and ps4 controllers withe broke shoulder buttons, but all of my joy cons work fine.

Have had good luck with all console controllers this gen.  *knock on wood*

Last gen the biggest problems I had were with third party controllers.  Namely Mad Catz fightpads.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5651 on: July 17, 2019, 04:44:01 PM »
DS4 are the only controllers I had issues with. One of them had the thumbpads come off, the other just randomly stopped connecting wirelessly.

I've heard the Xbone Elite controller have had issues so I avoided those, and I'm fine using their regular ones for PC/console play anyway.

Tasty Meat

« Reply #5652 on: July 17, 2019, 06:02:13 PM »
The d-pad issue is honestly the bigger one more people should be talking about, considering it affects both Joy-Cons and Pro Controllers...

At the very least for that one, there's Hori's solution for the Joy-Con crowd. (Still nothing for us Pro Controller users tho. :()
🐚

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #5653 on: July 17, 2019, 06:33:17 PM »
The d-pad issue is honestly the bigger one more people should be talking about, considering it affects both Joy-Cons and Pro Controllers...

At the very least for that one, there's Hori's solution for the Joy-Con crowd. (Still nothing for us Pro Controller users tho. :()

What's the issue with the pro controller's d-pad? From appearances it seems to be a proper d pad and not that bullshit on the joycons. I haven't played with one, though, so no clue.
yar

Bebpo

« Reply #5654 on: July 17, 2019, 06:53:09 PM »

What's the issue with the pro controller's d-pad? From appearances it seems to be a proper d pad and not that bullshit on the joycons. I haven't played with one, though, so no clue.

Pro controller's d-pad is one of the shittiest ones I've ever used. Hits the wrong direction or doeesn't register a direction enough that it made my playthrough of Celeste and Hollow Knight on it pretty frustrating at times. Always played better in handheld mode with the joycon's and it's not like those split 4 button layout are an amazing d-pad either but it's far superior to the Pro controller's d-pad. I'm definitely a bit butt-hurt that the pro controller sucks for d-pad games (aka 2d games) since these controllers are ridiculously overpriced expensive in the first place.

Also I realized I have no idea if my joycons drift because I always just use the pro controller for tv playing and docked joycons for handheld. Probably haven't detached the joycons off the screen since like launch day.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5655 on: July 17, 2019, 07:07:45 PM »
There is a solution- get an 8bitdo controller.  Syncs right up like an official joypad.  Costs way less, too.
:rejoice
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5656 on: July 17, 2019, 07:10:33 PM »
They did put out another Pro Controller with a fixed dpad. Mine seems mostly okay, works well for Mario anyway.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5658 on: July 18, 2019, 12:28:05 PM »
There's an eShop sale going on right now.  Some good stuff like both One Piece games for $15.99 each, a few Sega Ages games, R-Type Dimensions EX for $9 IIRC, Battle Princess Madelyn (GnG clone) for $10, and more. 

If you like 'Warriors' games and haven't played One Piece, definitely get Pirate Warriors 3- it's one of the best ones and this version also includes all of the DLC.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 12:40:34 PM by bork »
ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5659 on: July 18, 2019, 01:04:27 PM »
mormapope did you do this

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-switch-joy-con-drift-–-class-action-investigation.129740/#post-22859860

Also that thread is embarrassing
püp

kingv

« Reply #5660 on: July 18, 2019, 01:11:09 PM »
There's an eShop sale going on right now.  Some good stuff like both One Piece games for $15.99 each, a few Sega Ages games, R-Type Dimensions EX for $9 IIRC, Battle Princess Madelyn (GnG clone) for $10, and more. 

If you like 'Warriors' games and haven't played One Piece, definitely get Pirate Warriors 3- it's one of the best ones and this version also includes all of the DLC.

Does pirate warriors 3 have split screen coop?

Tasty Meat

« Reply #5661 on: July 18, 2019, 01:34:32 PM »

33-50% off all Mega Man games as well (they're all on my wishlist so I got an email when they dropped. #CopyMoreThingsFromSteam)

$10 - Mega Man Legacy Collection (-33%)
$10 - Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (-50%)
$12 - Mega Man X Legacy Collection (-40%)
$12 - Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 (-40%)
$20 - Mega Man 11 (-33%)
🐚

Tasty Meat

« Reply #5662 on: July 18, 2019, 01:43:29 PM »
Also I continue to commend Capcom (on this one thing) of making these legacy collections, their naming, and their numbering make sense and be consistent.

It shouldn't be noteworthy, but obsessive side is thankful.
🐚

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5663 on: July 18, 2019, 02:13:17 PM »

Does pirate warriors 3 have split screen coop?

Yup!

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Tasty Meat

« Reply #5665 on: July 18, 2019, 02:16:22 PM »
🐚

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5666 on: July 18, 2019, 02:42:53 PM »
Kill La Kill IF Switch demo is up on the J-eShop (runs in English) and should be on the American eShop by tomorrow- I thought this was supposed to be a gimped 30 FPS port?  Doesn't feel like it...seems to be running at 60 FPS and looks great (in handheld mode).  Wondering what the docked resolution is. :thinking

https://twitter.com/lyteedge/status/1151923920754188289
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5667 on: July 18, 2019, 03:32:28 PM »
The framerate doesn't seem as smooth when docked- still doesn't feel like 30 FPS to me though.  More variable between 30 and 60 fps and this doesn't affect the game play.  Looks great docked, too.  Was on the fence about getting this on Switch after they delayed the demo, thinking this version would be crap, but I'm really impressed.
ど助平

Tasty Meat

🐚

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5669 on: July 18, 2019, 06:21:59 PM »
blade :rejoice

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5670 on: July 18, 2019, 07:07:09 PM »
Copping MUA3 tomorrow, god I need something to play on this thing
fat

kingv

« Reply #5671 on: July 18, 2019, 10:39:55 PM »
Ian on the fence on mua3. It sounds pretty mediocre sadly.

I guess that’s roughly in tune with the past iterations... but I was hoping for a little more.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5672 on: July 18, 2019, 11:03:21 PM »

Looks like it's going to be fun enough to warrant checking out at launch.  I like that it's not entirely AVENGERS AVENGERS AVENGERS with its line-up, too.

Was it ever explained how this license went from Activision and western developers to Nintendo and Team Ninja?  I guess Marvel owns the game rights. :thinking
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5673 on: July 19, 2019, 08:17:42 AM »
Footage looks like Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Xmen Legends as expected

And it has online co-op too?
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5674 on: July 19, 2019, 08:41:38 AM »
Yes- online, local shared console, and local multi-console options are available.
ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5675 on: July 19, 2019, 10:15:05 AM »
I'm looking forward to playing it this evening.  I never played any of the previous ones – what's the closest example of it?  Dynasty Warriors + those old Lord of the Rings games + Jedi Power Battles?  :doge

edit: or is it more like the Lego games?
püp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5676 on: July 19, 2019, 11:05:46 AM »
None of those

It's like a third rate diablo game.
fat

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5677 on: July 19, 2019, 11:51:12 AM »
 :doge
püp

Svejk

• Ruler of the Large Dark Nipple People
« Reply #5678 on: July 19, 2019, 11:54:27 AM »
Looks like a solid PS3 launch title.

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #5679 on: July 19, 2019, 12:28:13 PM »
May or may not use my other voucher on that. Played some of the old ones and liked them, but paid bargain prices for them
😽💨

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5680 on: July 19, 2019, 12:32:11 PM »
:doge

You look at footage and you really think Dynasty Warriors?
fat

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5681 on: July 19, 2019, 01:00:24 PM »
I meant moreso the amount on enemies on screen
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5682 on: July 19, 2019, 01:01:18 PM »
also shut up
püp

kingv

« Reply #5683 on: July 19, 2019, 07:59:52 PM »
I bought one piece pirate warriors 3 and for the life of me can’t figure out how to get the co-op to work. Like it says “player 2 can join” but I can’t figure out how to actually get a second player into the game.

Edit: maybe it can’t be played with just a joucon.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5684 on: July 19, 2019, 11:02:16 PM »
I bought one piece pirate warriors 3 and for the life of me can’t figure out how to get the co-op to work. Like it says “player 2 can join” but I can’t figure out how to actually get a second player into the game.

Edit: maybe it can’t be played with just a joucon.

It can- they updated it for that at one point.  Dunno how to add somebody though.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5685 on: July 19, 2019, 11:06:42 PM »
MUA3 is pretty good.  I got the season pass and Deadpool popped up...at level 21 right in the beginning of the game.   :lol  Way too OP right now.

The game has always been like this, but some characters are really awesome and others are just so bland.  Wolverine?  :zzz  Venom?  Holy shit even his walking animations look great.  Captain Marvel?  Also :zzz just like the comics!  Crystal from the Inhumans?  Pretty damn good.  Etc. etc.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5686 on: July 19, 2019, 11:11:53 PM »
I'm looking forward to playing it this evening.  I never played any of the previous ones – what's the closest example of it?  Dynasty Warriors + those old Lord of the Rings games + Jedi Power Battles?  :doge

edit: or is it more like the Lego games?

Like mentioned earlier, it's more akin to Diablo, but is also way more action-oriented.  Like a fusion of a beat-em-up game and a Diablo clone together.  You have light/hard attacks, special moves, super moves, team-up attacks, plus you can dodge and block enemy attacks.  Everyone can jump but the ones who can swing or fly will do that if you double tap.  Non-flyers will double-jump.
ど助平

Premium Lager

• Surviving G. Shinobi
« Reply #5687 on: July 20, 2019, 01:26:06 AM »
Looking forward to playing this next week when I get back from holidys

Tasty Meat

« Reply #5688 on: July 20, 2019, 08:22:00 AM »
They got Nightcrawler yet?
🐚

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #5689 on: July 20, 2019, 10:38:06 AM »
Got Marvel it’s p fun
Venom is tight
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 10:25:22 PM by CatsCatsCats »
😽💨

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #5690 on: July 21, 2019, 12:38:52 PM »
Kinda wish the story was anything other than infinity stone based tbh
😽💨

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #5691 on: July 21, 2019, 12:41:34 PM »
I knew it was going to suck.

But.

Nintendo is dead.

Really dead.

It's over.

Sony won.

Lol accidentally clicked the first page of this thread. This is a funny post
😽💨

Tasty Meat

« Reply #5692 on: July 21, 2019, 02:10:17 PM »
Dufus :doge :lol
🐚

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5693 on: July 21, 2019, 07:24:32 PM »
:neogaf
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5694 on: July 21, 2019, 09:36:48 PM »
New Super Mario Maker NX U

benjisales insider leaks :shh
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #5695 on: July 21, 2019, 10:06:57 PM »
Nintendo: Looks like no one likes our shitty tablet console, what to do for the next one?

*crickets*

Nintendo: YES! SHITTY TABLET CONSOLE 2: ELECTRIC BUGALOO!

They're done.

What a world, the Switch succeeded and Donald Trump is president

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm playing Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition on mah Switch rn, got Fire Emblem showing up Friday, we gonna eat boys :aah
yar

FatalT

« Reply #5696 on: July 21, 2019, 10:20:35 PM »

Yep, you get him and Psylocke when you go to the Xavier Institute. You get Deadpool there too.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5697 on: July 22, 2019, 07:44:58 AM »
Got my ass handed to me doing that Infinite realm (whatever it's called- the challenge stuff) fight against Doc Ock.  Did like no damage to him.  Do I just need to be more leveled or did I miss something?

Yep, you get him and Psylocke when you go to the Xavier Institute. You get Deadpool there too.

So level 21 Deadpool is just an early unlock with the season pass?  LOL.
ど助平

Premium Lager

• Surviving G. Shinobi
« Reply #5698 on: July 22, 2019, 09:29:30 AM »
How many heroes can I unlock without buyinh dlc?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat