Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5447524 times)

agrajag

no wonder you're so patient with us on the Bore

team filler

• filler
  • filler
tripon here to educate thebore.com autistys  :smug

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
filler exposed:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tulsi-gabbard-niko-house-conspiracy-theorist_n_5ce93de5e4b00356fc221861
Niko House, who won the Hawaii Democrat’s recent donor challenge, also believes Bill Cosby was framed and that “Pizzagate” is real. ... argues the mass shooting in Las Vegas was an intelligence operation meant to distract from the Harvey Weinstein scandal
An Army veteran who studied at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, he first made a name for himself online as the founder of “Carolina Students for Bernie Sanders,” and later alleged that the Vermont senator’s campaign in the Tar Heel State was derailed from within by a sleeper cell of Hillary Clinton supporters ... “Somebody made a concerted effort to make sure that I could not talk to Bernie or anyone close to him,” he claimed
And he speculated that the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, like the gassing of children in Syria, was a false flag.
Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, who worked with Weinstein, have ties to the CIA, he maintained: “Both their families are connected to intelligence agencies.”
Chester Bennington, the lead singer of the band Linkin Park, “could be John Podesta’s bastard child.”
“I refuse to trick myself into being sympathetic toward warmongering sociopaths, and that includes George Soros, possibly more than any of them.”

“Niko’s been great,” Gabbard told supporters during a March 2019 livestream. “He’s talked about a lot of very important issues.”

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Chester Bennington, the lead singer of the band Linkin Park, “could be John Podesta’s bastard child.
:pika
🤴

Tasty

Chester Bennington, the lead singer of the band Linkin Park, “could be John Podesta’s bastard child.
:pika

We Game of Thrones for real now :lol

jorma

“Somebody made a concerted effort to make sure that I could not talk to Bernie or anyone close to him,” he claimed

Yeah, this one is probably true  :lol

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

benjipwns

benjipwns

apparently this was the first recorded time a U.S. President has ever attended a sumo match :american

he and Melania look completely baffled :lol

Tripon

Tripon

https://twitter.com/PoliticoScott/status/1132628789358399488

Trying to make Buttigeig into something.  :lol

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
He’s consistently the third highest polling dem  ???

The regular posters in this thread can be embarrassing ngl
püp

Mandark

• Icon
yeah but I think I like fanboy poll unskewing better than forced sterilization fantasies

Tripon

He’s consistently the third highest polling dem  ???

The regular posters in this thread can be embarrassing ngl

The top two (Biden and Sanders) are far above where Buttigeig is polling. If you think Polling is what matters, then it's a 2 person race. If there's another aspect you think Buttigeig can compete in, you should say what it is.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I think it’s dumb not to at least wait for the debates and the campaigns to start in earnest
püp

benjipwns

In the RCP average he hasn't been third since May 2nd and he's been under Harris except for one day thanks to the Fox News poll.

May 2: Biden (32.8) - Sanders (19.4) - Buttigeg/Warren (8.4) - Harris (7.2) - O'Rourke (5.6) - Booker (2.2)
May 26: Biden (34.7) - Sanders (17.7) - Warren (9.8) - Harris (8.0) - Buttigeg (6.2) - O'Rourke (3.7)  - Booker (2.0)

Tripon

I think it’s dumb not to at least wait for the debates and the campaigns to start in earnest

The campaign has started in earnest. Why do you think people are trying to fundraise for months?

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Mandark

• Icon
I think it's reasonable to think that Biden's support is soft, Sanders isn't polling well for being the runner up last time, and that could leave room for a third candidate to make a run with some good early results if they have the fundraising to capitalize on it. Harris/Warren/Buttigieg/Booker all seem somewhat plausible for that role.

OTOH maybe Biden just runs away with it.

benjipwns

I'd be very surprised if the first set of debates didn't shuffle up the board and cut Biden and maybe even Sanders down some. It'll be the first time a lot of people even see/hear the other candidates in this kind of context. Everybody who has done a cable news town hall has seen a tiny little bump.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
I'd be very surprised if the first set of debates didn't shuffle up the board and cut Biden and maybe even Sanders down some. It'll be the first time a lot of people even see/hear the other candidates in this kind of context. Everybody who has done a cable news town hall has seen a tiny little bump.
I kinda feel bad for the candidates when they not only have to go through this process but also suffer from live Twitter commentary.
🤴

benjipwns

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/05/26/us/politics/trump-tweets-democrats.html
The Insults Trump Has Hurled at 2020 Democrats

finally, some useful journalism from the new york slimes

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
“Are you having a good time, Joe?”
 “I said, 'General, come here. Give me a kiss.' I felt like Joe Biden.”

LMAO
🤴

Tasty

What’s behind Elizabeth Warren’s comeback in the polls

Morning Consult has found that Warren voters choose Sanders over Biden as their second choice in the primary. Sanders voters actually break solidly for Biden — which might suggest name recognition rather than ideology is a factor in his support — but a solid minority do split for Warren.

Fucking berniebros. :thinking
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 02:59:08 PM by Tasty Meat »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
“Are you having a good time, Joe?”
 “I said, 'General, come here. Give me a kiss.' I felt like Joe Biden.”

LMAO

Could you just stop?  Nothing the dude does is funny. 
püp

curly

• cultural maoist
Trump is a great comic character, too bad he's the president

agrajag

get triggered by Trump and Nintex brehs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

agrajag

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Mollys Fruity Loops

Could you just stop?  Nothing the dude does is funny.

I agree.

RESIS

Tripon

Occam

That's totally not how someone suffering from dementia talks, no sir.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Who wrote all this text.

Which ResetEra member is this

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/06/03/can-beto-bounce-back
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler

benjipwns

I think Diamond and Silk issued him a n-word pass for that.

benjipwns

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
I think Diamond and Silk issued him a n-word pass for that.

It is pretty impressive that he’s been tweeting since 1989.
©@©™

benjipwns

on the one hand: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/27/opinion/trumps-formidable-2020-tailwind.html
Steven Rattner, "car czar" and counselor to the Treasury secretary in the Obama administration, cites three different modelers in his N.Y. Times commentary, "Trump’s Formidable 2020 Tailwind."

The big picture: Trump wins all three modelers. Economists predict that the tailwind is large.

Ray Fair, a professor at Yale, "found that the growth rates of gross domestic product and inflation have been the two most important economic predictors — but he also found that incumbency was also an important determinant of presidential election outcomes."
"Mark Zandi, the chief economist at Moody’s Analytics, has looked at 12 models, and Mr. Trump wins in all of them."
"Donald Luskin of Trend Macrolytics has reached the same conclusion in his examination of the Electoral College."

on the other hand: https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/05/25/scott-adams-president-trump-has-no-chance-of-re-election-due-to-the-masters-of-the-universe/
Author Scott Adams stated in a recent video that President Donald Trump has “no chance of re-election” due to the power of the social media Masters of the Universe to shut down conservatives.
Author and media personality Scott Adams stated in a recent video that he believes that President Trump’s chances of winning the 2020 selection cycle have been significantly lowered due to the power that social media has over public discourse. In a YouTube video titled “Episode 540 Scott Adams: Slaughtermeter Reset to Zero Due to Social Media Manipulation, Pelosi,” Adams discusses how Silicon Valley tech firms manipulate online discourse and how this can affect real-world elections, citing a recent incident surrounding a video of Nancy Pelosi as an example of this.

Adams begins the video stating: “You all know that I’ve been talking about what I call the slaughter meter. The slaughter meter is a measure of how the election will go and whether President Trump will win by a small slaughter or a large slaughter, and I update it based on current events so it’s not really a prediction it’s more like a moment in time in which the current conditions — if they were to continue until the end — would give you that result.”

He continues: “But of course, things always change so it’s not a prediction it’s just sort of a ‘if nothing changed this is where you’d end up.’ I have downgraded the slaughter meter from one hundred and forty percent where I said to myself the competition for the presidency is so weak that I couldn’t imagine any situation other than Trump dominating the election. I’ve reset that to zero so at my current thinking is that the president has no chance of reelection. Now remember the slaughter meter is if nothing changes, but of course, things will change so you don’t have to worry that this necessarily will be the condition on Election Day but the current situation would give him no chance.”

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
They should rename the Secretary of the Navy the Sea Czar
每天生气

benjipwns

the Navy also operates on fresh water :bolo

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tripon

The Fresno Grizzlies are learning an old lesson the hard way: you can’t trust the internet.

Between games of a Memorial Day doubleheader, the Grizzlies aired what was supposed to be a moving tribute to fallen soldiers, a speech by the late President Ronald Reagan on sacrifice and courage in the name of duty. But as Reagan’s voice mentioned “enemies of freedom,” the video tucked present-day figures, including U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) between images of North Korea’s Kim Jong-Un and the late Fidel Castro of Cuba.

Obviously, the video — which you can watch here — wasn’t patriotic but a not-particularly-subtle bit of propaganda, one completely at odds with the concept of “moral courage” that Reagan spoke of earlier in the speech. The Grizzlies employee responsible for airing the video apparently didn’t watch it all the way through, according to the team.

The Grizzlies offered up an apology shortly after the incident, expressing regret for the “misleading and offensive editing, which made a statement that was not our intent and certainly not our opinion.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fresno-grizzlies-apologize-to-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-for-offensive-tribute-video-131328486.html

:lol

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
I still can't (and won't) believe the likely candidates for 2020 are Trump, Biden and Sanders.

Jesus fuck, how did we get to a place where all the candidates are older than McCain was in 2008?

nachobro

• Live Más

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/05/27/nazi-sympathizer-pleaded-guilty-defacing-synagogue-his-lawyer-says-conservatives-helped-radicalize-him/?utm_term=.c2ee455debd7
Ansell argued that Brewer’s radicalization was heavily influenced by what his wife, who was 17 at the time of the crime, had been reading online. “According to Nolan, she began with rightwing yet mainstream views such as those presented on Fox News,” Ansell’s sentencing memo said. “She then moved on to writings by Ben Shapiro and articles on Breitbart News which bridged the gap to the notorious white supremacist and anti-Semitic propaganda site Stormfront.”

Nolan Brewer “bought into the propaganda,” Ansell wrote.

How Trumpian, it was the girlfiend's fault.
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
on the one hand: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/27/opinion/trumps-formidable-2020-tailwind.html
Steven Rattner, "car czar" and counselor to the Treasury secretary in the Obama administration, cites three different modelers in his N.Y. Times commentary, "Trump’s Formidable 2020 Tailwind."

The big picture: Trump wins all three modelers. Economists predict that the tailwind is large.

Ray Fair, a professor at Yale, "found that the growth rates of gross domestic product and inflation have been the two most important economic predictors — but he also found that incumbency was also an important determinant of presidential election outcomes."
"Mark Zandi, the chief economist at Moody’s Analytics, has looked at 12 models, and Mr. Trump wins in all of them."
"Donald Luskin of Trend Macrolytics has reached the same conclusion in his examination of the Electoral College."

on the other hand: https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/05/25/scott-adams-president-trump-has-no-chance-of-re-election-due-to-the-masters-of-the-universe/
Author Scott Adams stated in a recent video that President Donald Trump has “no chance of re-election” due to the power of the social media Masters of the Universe to shut down conservatives.
Author and media personality Scott Adams stated in a recent video that he believes that President Trump’s chances of winning the 2020 selection cycle have been significantly lowered due to the power that social media has over public discourse. In a YouTube video titled “Episode 540 Scott Adams: Slaughtermeter Reset to Zero Due to Social Media Manipulation, Pelosi,” Adams discusses how Silicon Valley tech firms manipulate online discourse and how this can affect real-world elections, citing a recent incident surrounding a video of Nancy Pelosi as an example of this.

Adams begins the video stating: “You all know that I’ve been talking about what I call the slaughter meter. The slaughter meter is a measure of how the election will go and whether President Trump will win by a small slaughter or a large slaughter, and I update it based on current events so it’s not really a prediction it’s more like a moment in time in which the current conditions — if they were to continue until the end — would give you that result.”

He continues: “But of course, things always change so it’s not a prediction it’s just sort of a ‘if nothing changed this is where you’d end up.’ I have downgraded the slaughter meter from one hundred and forty percent where I said to myself the competition for the presidency is so weak that I couldn’t imagine any situation other than Trump dominating the election. I’ve reset that to zero so at my current thinking is that the president has no chance of reelection. Now remember the slaughter meter is if nothing changes, but of course, things will change so you don’t have to worry that this necessarily will be the condition on Election Day but the current situation would give him no chance.”
The economists are forgetting about the lunacy of a Trump campaign being the hardest thing to beat.
By the time Biden has announced his first policy proposal Trump is already at a nuclear stand off with the vatican or in the process of leaving NATO.

Maybe they will fake an alien invasion and postpone the election. There's no telling what might happen between now and November 2020 that tips the scales.
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
The economists are forgetting about the lunacy of a Trump campaign being the hardest thing to beat.

the economists are predicting he'll win

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

the economists are predicting he'll win
Yes, but based on their 'models'.

Breh, your model ain't going to survive a Trump campaign.
He could end up with all states or 0 states.
🤴

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
It'd be interesting look at how approval rating normally correlates with those predictors in similar models - and it how Trumps #'s actually compare
___

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi