Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 218223 times)

Bebpo

Re: FFXIV
« Reply #2040 on: December 04, 2019, 05:05:59 PM »
So I popped back in this and was gonna do weekly custom deliveries to finish out my white scrip sets but suddenly I can't craft anything because I'm out of CP???

My i440 crafter has like 217 CP max, I swear before I left on vacation a month ago my CP was like 300-ish. Did SE reduce max CP for crafters? I don't know how to craft suddenly :(

Bebpo

« Reply #2041 on: December 04, 2019, 05:07:46 PM »
Nm, somehow all my right-side gear had broken while I was gone?

I repaired it and my CP max went from 217 to 467.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2042 on: December 24, 2019, 01:16:28 PM »
Merry Christmas! Game is free for 5 days for lapsed accounts so I came back to do the holiday stuff and fiddle around with Summoner a bit. Will probably then just wait for the next raid update :D

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2043 on: December 24, 2019, 01:21:05 PM »
Merry Christmas! Game is free for 5 days for lapsed accounts so I came back to do the holiday stuff and fiddle around with Summoner a bit. Will probably then just wait for the next raid update :D

(Image removed from quote.)

shiit I was on ps4 how do i continue on pc?
What

Bebpo

« Reply #2044 on: December 24, 2019, 01:30:53 PM »
Nice photo as always!

I think I'll log in and do the starlight event tonight. Otherwise taking a break from the game now. Finished up the Eulmore custom deliveries but that's about it. Haven't even looked into the rebuilding Ishgard quest. Any idea where to find it?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2045 on: December 24, 2019, 01:35:09 PM »
you can only log in for free on versions you owned before but the pc complete edition is 50% off right now and comes with 30 days free so it's not too bad of a deal if you keep playing

https://store.eu.square-enix-games.com/en_EU/product/565219/final-fantasy-xiv-online-complete-edition-pc-download

Haven't even looked into the rebuilding Ishgard quest. Any idea where to find it?
It's in Foundation, there's some coords and info on what to do here

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ishgardian_restoration/

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2046 on: December 24, 2019, 01:41:47 PM »
Merry Christmas!

I have been trying to get back to try the Nier raid but just hasn't happened lol. I may actually pop on for the holiday event tomorrow but depends on fam etc.

Bebpo

« Reply #2047 on: December 25, 2019, 04:35:01 AM »
Did the Ishgard stuff. What a ripoff grind.

Basically ran the numbers and for every 100k gil you spend on 99 mats set and 20-30 mins crafting about 16 max quality items (6/6/6/1 mats for lvl.70 instant HQ) you get ~320 skybuilder scrips. To get the 2 mounts + 3 glam pieces you need about 18,000. This means you'd have to repeat the above 20-30 mins of crafting 56 times which is approximately 18-28 hours of crafting and cost you about 5.6 million gil and this just gets you enough scrips for 2 mounts and 2 shirts and 1 pants. If you want the minions and stuff that's going to be even more.

crazy grind. no thanks. white scrip gear grind with custom deliveries is about the max grind I'm willing to do for crafting.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2048 on: December 31, 2019, 12:45:52 PM »
Xmas stuff ends today I believe. Heavensturn also starts today
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2020/Heavensturn/

Also a new pic since I hit 50 on SMN (and I really like the Ironworks gear). It's neat and pretty good in PVE but I really dislike this job for PVP. Just too slow for me

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2049 on: January 14, 2020, 10:12:20 AM »
New Moogle event - gives a couple cool mounts and some glam gear
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/mogmog-collection/202001/

People are saying this means the next patch will be late Feb judging by the timing of the other Moogle events. Guess I'll be doing a bunch of leveling in PVP til then :D

Bebpo

« Reply #2050 on: January 23, 2020, 01:43:10 PM »
People are saying next patch is probably Feb 18th.

Just hit 79 with NIN and almost 79 with WHM. Will have them to 80 this weekend most likely. Will be nice to do next set of raids as Tank/DPS/Healer.

The new crafting rotations are so good, I was gear up my 79 NIN and was so easy to HQ 40 dur mats and HQ gear. Very useful for gearing up alternate classes though the MB definitely has taken this into account. HQ 78 gear is like 40k on mb per piece which is nothing.

Still only done Nier raid once. It’s hard for me to have the patience to do 24 man raids more than once or twice since they’re so long. Only did the last Ivalice raid once as well. Also no guaranteed loot sucks for a 60-90 min time commitment, especially since you’re max level and aren’t getting xp. A few tomes isn’t really worth the time. 8 man raids are good because they’re like 10 mins and you get a chance for loot. I feel like they should guarantee some loot in 24 man like in story dungeons for your job. When I ran Nier raid as drk I didn’t get a single drk piece.

When I hit 80 with these two I’ll probably run the Nier raid again with them.

Bebpo

« Reply #2051 on: January 28, 2020, 01:31:25 AM »
Hit 80 with NIN :D
Just gotta do the DPS role quest now for my i430 gear and the lvl.80 job quest then do a run on Eden Tier 1 and Nier #1

Then will hit 80 with WHM soon and do the same.

The new NIN rotation is solid. Dungeon mobs are definitely more fun because of the crazy burst magic you do at the start and here and there. On single target bosses, the rotation is a lot different than before so it's a bit weird. Doesn't seem any better or worse, just different rotation so I gotta learn it.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2052 on: January 28, 2020, 05:32:26 PM »
been slowly leveling smn still but was gonna quit and try something else, mainly cause i was getting bored with the job. then i ran an expert df on dancer and saw a smn doing all kinda of cooler shit that i have and i remember....JOB QUESTS! I haven't done any since 60, no wonder I didn't get anything new :lol

also valentines starts tomorrow, looks like a change of pace this year
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2020/Valentiones_Day/

requisite pic
[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2053 on: January 28, 2020, 06:38:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/songofalchemy/status/1222208292778213377

:rofl no wonder i can't get those perfect shot poses i see sometimes. i figured it was mods but this is another level

Bebpo

« Reply #2054 on: January 31, 2020, 01:28:16 AM »
What mods are they using? I honestly can't tell the difference in that shot.

Finished the fairy beat tribe yay. Will do the valentines event this weekend or next week when I have some time.

[close]

My WHM is ready to hit 80 soon. I was cleaning up my armory and I have a ton of lvl.80 WHM pieces for some reason. Probably be able to jump right into Omega without the job gear.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2055 on: January 31, 2020, 08:21:31 AM »
they are probably using a reshade mod to make the colors pop, cause everyone does these days, but the joke is in the full image which i just realized the embedded tweet doesn't show (oops)

:lol

fairy tribe is the only beast tribe i've completed. i really should get on crafting so i can do the namazu one. the mount from that is pretty great.

Bebpo

« Reply #2056 on: January 31, 2020, 12:34:17 PM »
lolololol that hat

Bebpo

« Reply #2057 on: February 04, 2020, 12:58:29 PM »
WHM is up to 80 now from daily 5 min beast tribes wooo. I like the lvl.80 paladin wings WHM gets :D

my NIN is 422 and WHM is 432 just from random gear I've gotten with my DRK and some Goeta tomes. Need to do both role quests when I get a chance and the job i430 gear to boost up both.
Main goal is just to have NIN/WHM at enough ilvl do jump into Eden Tier 2 normal when it launches this month.

Might start leveling up a ranged caster for the role quest thing with just using beast tribes or a jump potion. Either RDM or BLM. RDM sounds more fun to me in concept but BLM is always gonna be better balanced since it's what Yoshi-P plays. Also RDM rotation supposedly dumb as bricks right now and BLM is pretty good from what I hear.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2058 on: February 04, 2020, 01:06:07 PM »
What's the ilvl for Eden 2? I'm at like 455 on my dancer right now, does it need 460?

Also don't forget you can just craft/buy 450 gear and upgrade it to 460 with goetias if anyone needs a quick boost

Bebpo

« Reply #2059 on: February 04, 2020, 06:06:24 PM »
Since Tier 1 is 425 and Nier is 435, guessing 445 for Tier 2. You normally can get in safely with the gear from the previous Tier which is 450 minus weapon (my weapon's i440 tome).

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2060 on: February 04, 2020, 06:34:41 PM »
ok good. still gonna grind a bit more just to get a few other bits upgraded but at least i'm good to get in

Bebpo

« Reply #2061 on: February 04, 2020, 06:55:39 PM »
Also don't forget you can just craft/buy 450 gear and upgrade it to 460 with goetias if anyone needs a quick boost

Also I've never messed with the whole trade in program. At some point I should try it for upgrading. Even my best geared main DRK is only i446, though I almost have enough tomes to get the i460->i470 weapon which will bring it up.

No one does hunts anymore since the instances merged. That was always the quickest low effort way to get tomes. Hoping when new Tomes are out next patch the hunts pick up again.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 07:01:29 PM by Bebpo »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2062 on: February 04, 2020, 06:58:37 PM »
im just running roulettes and the daily pvp and that's giving enough for most of the upgrades pretty well. did some server hopping for the best gear prices and ended up spending only like 500-600k. not too bad to get me to where i need to be.

it seems like the best way to gear an alt for sure, especially if you can craft the gear yourself

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #2063 on: February 04, 2020, 07:10:49 PM »
What's the ilvl for Eden 2? I'm at like 455 on my dancer right now, does it need 460?

Hopefully I can run it. I think I'm gonna resub for it and do Nier while I'm at it. I got all the eden regular stuff, and the stuff from the Ex trials for my gunbreaker so I think I'm good.

Bebpo

« Reply #2064 on: February 04, 2020, 07:17:31 PM »
Ok, I actually looked it up and I was off, it's i455 to get in with i480 gear rewards.

Yeah I'm gonna have to buy/craft my way into this.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2065 on: February 08, 2020, 08:46:33 PM »
I've not done anything new of interest, just wanted to post this (imo) excellent glam shot :lol

[close]

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2066 on: February 09, 2020, 01:36:08 PM »
I was gonna say that's looking dangerously close to Kitty but realized all catgirls look the same.  :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2067 on: February 12, 2020, 11:57:27 AM »
Last weekend before the patch! Gonna do some last minute moogle/goetia tome grinding (gotta get a neck and bracelet and then I'm all 460/470 gear) and then level up ROG/NIN as much as I can before I switch back to doing some raid business

Also I went back to red hair so we're different again, Akala :D

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2068 on: February 13, 2020, 10:43:35 AM »
new tome and crafted gear

combine a few pieces from both ranged sets and you'll have something solid
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 10:49:34 AM by nachobro »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2069 on: February 13, 2020, 04:06:53 PM »
oh yeah the ishgard thing. eh. I really liked the doma thing, not sure if worth coming back quite yet. I think I have been internally planning to give it to 5.3 but I should probably do the Nier raid before no one does them anymore (a la Ivalice) and catch up to story.

I have played more stuff than I've played in years since not playing FFXIV all the time. I also realized I bought way too many games without playing them so trying to go back through a few.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2070 on: February 13, 2020, 04:12:32 PM »
now is the best time to do nier cause people are still running it for gear upgrades but almost everyone who wanted the 2B outfit already got it, so that will be easier to win. plus you can still sell the orchestral rolls for a decent chunk if you win one and don't want it.

the crafted gear isn't an ishgard thing, just a new tier level for crafters to make some dough/gear alts. will probably start at 460/470?

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2071 on: February 13, 2020, 04:50:24 PM »
I didnt even think of the Orchestrion.  :drool

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2072 on: February 13, 2020, 05:03:51 PM »
breh having this playing all the time is :lawd

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2073 on: February 13, 2020, 05:05:15 PM »
omg new mount. what are odds it sings LA HEE

Bebpo

« Reply #2074 on: February 17, 2020, 05:50:50 PM »
Finished the DPS role quest and lvl.80 NIN Job quest. My first lvl.80 job quest with DRK I was expecting more and disappointed but now I was expecting nothing and it was a fun little quest.
Started on Eden Raid set 1 with NIN and gearing up to i455. Will get DRK/NIN up to i455 and then do the Healer role quest and WHM lvl.80 quest and gear WHM up next. Goal is to get all 3 roles Tank/DPS/Healer to i455 in the next week or two so can run weekly normal raids with all 3, whichever is more fun.

If Eden #1 is anything to go by, it's pretty easy/quick to gear up to i450 with Eden right now. Almost everyone leaves without betting on the loot and with 3-4 people betting on like 8-9 pieces you get a few usually.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2075 on: February 17, 2020, 06:22:14 PM »
Just started leveling ROG a couple days ago cause everyone speaks so highly of NIN I had to try it out (plus I saw a NIN glam I want to use lol). It has reminded me of how spoiled I am as ranged DPS. :lol Got DNC to i460 before Eden 2 which was my goal so I'm happy where I am and ready for the patch!

[close]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 06:29:26 PM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2076 on: February 17, 2020, 10:45:20 PM »
oh and i got this guy too

Bebpo

« Reply #2077 on: February 17, 2020, 11:38:59 PM »
Lol, was finishing my Eden Tier #1 runs with NIN. Beat Titan and when loot popped up the server disconnected. Server's not supposed to go down for another 24 mins! :|

So tell me again, how does this crafted gear exchange work since it seems like the quickest way to get to i455 once the servers are back up. Right now the best crafted gear on the MB (or crafting yourself) is HQ i450 gear. Now using this token exchange thing, what ilvl gear can you get from it?

My NIN is at i437, WHM at i435 and DRK at i446. I just need 60 more tomes to get the i470 weapon for my DRK so going from i440->i470 weapon should give me a bunch of ilvl and get me close to i455 with DRK.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2078 on: February 18, 2020, 08:21:02 AM »
the previous tier of gear upgrade from crafted was 450 to 460 level. i guess there's a new level of crafted tier for this patch, but i don't know the ilvl of it.

basically you purchase/craft HQ Facet gear (450) for whatever job, then you take it to Hillicen in Eulmore and buy Kholusian Rain from her for 100 tomes per Rain. Then you give her the facet gear and she gives you Certificates of Import. Then you trade the Rain and Certificates for Augmented Facet gear (460 and dyable). You can do this for gear, weapons, and accessories.

e: patch notes are up
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/b0151eaed1faecb46061b947cf9c08bed75d230d
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 10:32:34 AM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2079 on: February 18, 2020, 10:49:23 AM »
I guess the new crafted gear is 480 so maybe just make that instead if you can :lol

Vit-Symty

« Reply #2080 on: February 18, 2020, 01:23:04 PM »
Skimmed through the patch notes, some good stuff in there. I might as well renew my sub soon.

Knowing my luck, I'll get dragged into doing PvP the moment I log in.

Bebpo

« Reply #2081 on: February 18, 2020, 01:51:57 PM »
I guess the new crafted gear is 480 so maybe just make that instead if you can :lol

Heh, with the new i470 gear & food I can make the bare min to allow crafting of the i480 gear but whether I can finish a HQ meld on that is doubtful, plus Mats are probably millions of gil.

Probably easier to make/buy i450 gear and trade up to i460.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2082 on: February 18, 2020, 01:55:25 PM »
ya the 450 gear was like 150-250k apiece when i got it and the price will probably drop now that there's new hotness out there. i had no idea crafting was that expensive, in wow its usually the cheaper option.

Bebpo

« Reply #2083 on: February 19, 2020, 12:34:27 AM »
Was lazy and spent 4-5 million gil (it's nice to have 100 million+ lol) on a few i480 pieces to get to i455 and into Eden's Verse.

Verse 1 is fun in that you're moving around dodging shit a lot. Still a bit too easy.
Verse 2 is really.fucking.good. This is the standout for sure. Took us a few wipes and barley cleared. I gotta imagine on Savage this will be insane and the chokepoint.
Verse 3 is wow, didn't think they could make a more boring boss than Gate 3. The boss basically has 1 attack sequence it just repeats for like 8 mins. This is going to be the most boring weekly one to run. Really bad design imo. It's main attack sequence was already done in a dungeon boss in shadowbringers.
Verse 4 is pretty cool. A bit easy in terms of not a lot of mechanics to keep track of or wipes, but it's a good mix of stuff. Maybe goes on too long. Also the

DPS check phase at 0.01% is pretty evil. Sure it's easy on normal, but imagine on Savage if it's not an instant win having to do the entire long ass fight over and over only to die on 0.01% dps check after a long non-skippable cutscene phase change.
Seems like a bad design.
[close]

Anyhow Verse 2 made the whole run worth it. Got a few pieces and tomes along the way too (i465 now with my DRK). Will run the new trial next time and then save the MSQ for last.

Bebpo

« Reply #2084 on: February 19, 2020, 12:40:17 AM »
Oh and +1 for adding a hot goth girl to the game.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2085 on: February 19, 2020, 08:13:17 AM »
Square has to get the zoomers into the game by adding their favorite musician ;)

I meant to pop in last night to at least do Eden but between my wife being sick and having to clean a few things, plus playing with the cat I never got a chance. Tonight (probably)!

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2086 on: February 19, 2020, 12:16:08 PM »
I logged on and am in the novice net again. I am a total asshole that left myself a full inventory and my crafting hotbars scare me.  :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #2087 on: February 19, 2020, 01:53:21 PM »
I logged on and am in the novice net again. I am a total asshole that left myself a full inventory and my crafting hotbars scare me.  :lol

:lol

Crafting is really easy now. Takes about 30-60 mins to get the hang of the new rotations.

Bebpo

« Reply #2088 on: February 19, 2020, 02:45:17 PM »
So let me get this straight, the new ocean fishing is a 24 player instance that spawns on a server every 2 hours and only allows the first 24 people on? And it lasts 15 mins to catch some rare fish?

Yeaaaah, I feel like I'm never going to even get on if that's the case.

Bebpo

« Reply #2089 on: February 20, 2020, 02:17:20 AM »
Unlocked the gatherer beast tribe. Since my gatherers are all 80 dunno if I'll bother doing any of these, but they seem alright. Was wondering how they'd handle fishing and it's underwater nodes which makes sense.

[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2090 on: February 20, 2020, 10:53:31 AM »
was kinda interested in ocean fishing for the shark mount but that setup sounds like something i'd never be on at the right time to do

Bebpo

« Reply #2091 on: February 21, 2020, 12:43:51 AM »
Ruby Weapon trial was pretty cool on normal. Didn't expect the second half to be what it was.

Shadowbringers has a lot of ARR throwbacks
[close]

Yeah, no idea when I'll ever get to try Ocean Fishing when it always looks like this. Will try on the weekend when I have the time to be there right when the recruiting for the next spot 2 hours later opens up to spam and try to get in.

Now just have the MSQ left. Will do it over the weekend most likely. I appreciate that when you're caught up in FF14 you can basically do all the new stuff in a patch in like a week and then you're good for a few months other than grinding stuff if you want. Makes it a very manageable MMO.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2092 on: February 21, 2020, 06:16:07 PM »
did not expect that second bit of ruby weapon, what a fun fight! i saw the quest unlocks an extreme version, but is that premade parties only? i didn't see it in the duty finder list.

e: saw the new crafted cap for cheapish and grabbed it for the look and ilvl (480). it has an eyepatch you can turn on/off with /visor and is dyable too!

[close]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 08:05:13 PM by nachobro »

Bebpo

« Reply #2093 on: February 21, 2020, 09:34:06 PM »
Yeah, Ex versions and Savage are not in the duty finder. Need to use party finder.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2094 on: February 22, 2020, 08:48:35 AM »
Also side note, goddamn that Ruby Weapon story is depressing. I don't see this going well for anyone involved :(

Gonna do the MSQ and Eden today at some point I think.

Bebpo

« Reply #2095 on: February 22, 2020, 10:52:48 AM »
Yeah, continuing the whole grimdark theme of Shadowbringers expansion.

I did a good portion of the msq last night. Not bad, I think the 2nd half / 5.3 may be kind of interesting/less-filler-than-usual. It seems like

back half of 5.2 will be about Eldibus' past and developing him as a character so that in 5.3 he can be the boss and they can finish the Ascian story out before the next xpac. I thought 5.3 would be Zenos trial finally, but it really seems like they're pushing Eldibus now and Zenos is gonna be part of the next xpac (garlamead assumingly)
[close]

Probably finish the msq today and start on the healer role quest & job quest I gotta do.

I ran Nier raid again, this time as DPS, last night. Got a lot of the gear, but man idk if our dps was just really bad, but those fights still take a loooong time.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2096 on: February 22, 2020, 11:31:30 AM »

Bebpo

« Reply #2097 on: February 22, 2020, 01:09:56 PM »
oh
my
god

https://v.redd.it/tqi43ji90ii41

haha

Is this through hacking? Because the beast tribe came out less than a week ago and it usually takes about a month to 1.5 months of dailies to get to the final level with the mount...

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2098 on: February 22, 2020, 01:12:46 PM »
not sure, might be like the faerie quests where you get one that lets you ride the mount for a little bit

Bebpo

« Reply #2099 on: February 22, 2020, 02:29:49 PM »
Makes sense.

Finished the MSQ, solid stuff. The finale for shadowbringers expansion next patch could be good.