Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By Yuka Kuramochi  (Read 980951 times)

Nintex, Uncle, thetylerrob, Klelk, HaughtyFrank, Propagandhim, samfish, wsippel, VomKriege, Chim Richalds (+ 2 Hidden) and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

marrec

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #66540 on: February 11, 2019, 11:18:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/day-drinking.98838/post-17765048

User Banned (2 Weeks): Inappropriate content across various threads
Here's old bae getting smashed at a brewery with me

MOD EDIT: Removal of Inappropriate Content

Damn, dude must have posted some vile shit.

http://archive.is/oCZML

Actually, it was just a photo of their friend?

"old bae" being the important part, dude posted a picture of an old girlfriend without their consent

That's distinguished mentally-challenged. So many users have avatars of random girls. JaseC has a pic of AOC as their avatar. Did they all get consent? Also, how do they know that the poster and their ex bae aren't still friends and that she didn't give consent?

AOC is a public figure.

Also, I dunno, it's better to err on the side of "don't post pictures of random non-public people" than not. This ain't a big deal.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66541 on: February 11, 2019, 11:18:10 AM »
User Banned (Duration Pending): Dismissing sexism. Long history of severe infractions.
Sexist, misogynist bullshit. 100%. Would have bought it otherwise as I loved the first game.
So you didn't buy a game you probably would have loved, because you read a post from a guy who played the first 2 hours and though a "one" character was misogynist.

:confused

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66542 on: February 11, 2019, 11:20:10 AM »
it's better to err on the side of "don't post pictures of random non-public people" than not. This ain't a big deal.

I mean, I agree, but the dude copped a 2 week ban for it, not a warning. Unless talking about enjoying drinking is ban worthy, because thats what else the inappropriate content across multiple posts consisted of.

BikeJesus

« Reply #66543 on: February 11, 2019, 11:25:09 AM »
Mod was probably triggered at the sight of a good looking blond-haired, blue-eyed white woman.

Marrec you didn't address my point about random girls as dudes avatars. Just because a girl posts on instagram, facebook or snapchat, doesn't mean she wants to be the face of some disgusting neckbeard on an incel hate site.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66544 on: February 11, 2019, 11:25:45 AM »
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing concerns surrounding homophobia.
This is clickbait at its finest judging by that score. You can be disappointed and even dislike KH3 but it has some level of polish, mechanics, etc that warrants more than a 1. I'm not giving this homophobe any clicks.
Era’s rage is out of control. You haven’t even seen the video so you honestly aren’t entitled to comment on it, and throwing the term homophobe around all silly nilly is incredibly irresponsible and childish. As many posters have pointed out, he’s not wrong about the points he makes in his review. He even praises the environments and graphical polish.

:dunno

Seems less like "downplaying" someones concerns about homophobia as calling out someone butthurt about a fucking review score throwing 'homophobe' out as a slur as to why that reviewer is shit and can't be trusted

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66545 on: February 11, 2019, 11:27:19 AM »
Because, real talk, "Dismissing other users concerns" is the stupidest fucking ban reason ever when you actually look at thread titles and realise what "other users concerns" consist of on era

https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-poop-at-work.98942/post-17781896

FStop7

« Reply #66546 on: February 11, 2019, 11:38:17 AM »
Can we just wait for more information about that murdered Nashville musician? Everyone here at the bire is ready to rush for judgment against these kids but what happens when it turns out that he did something that made them fear for their lives like smirk at them? Would you really behave differently if your life was threatened?

He probably liked a PewDiePie tweet, enjoyed TotalBiscuit, or had Cyberpunk 2077 pre-ordered.  Death was too good for him.

I took a week off when era launched.

Evilore?

Jansen

« Reply #66547 on: February 11, 2019, 01:05:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/day-drinking.98838/post-17765048

User Banned (2 Weeks): Inappropriate content across various threads
Here's old bae getting smashed at a brewery with me

MOD EDIT: Removal of Inappropriate Content

Damn, dude must have posted some vile shit.

http://archive.is/oCZML

Actually, it was just a photo of their friend?

hreekola Miroswish
Banned Member
Yesterday at 11:36 AM
New #123
Me and short term bae from about 10 years ago whom I was completely obssessed with

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-the-only-reason-humans-are-attractive-is-to-attract-a-mate-and-bone-them.98827/page-3#post-17763878

Philip Cardgage

• Frank O'Conner's (Franchise Development Director of the once well reviewed Halo series) Life Coach
« Reply #66548 on: February 11, 2019, 01:10:49 PM »
Incels on the rise at ol' RacistEra.

Boredfrom

« Reply #66549 on: February 11, 2019, 01:16:23 PM »
User Banned (Duration Pending): Dismissing sexism. Long history of severe infractions.
Sexist, misogynist bullshit. 100%. Would have bought it otherwise as I loved the first game.
So you didn't buy a game you probably would have loved, because you read a post from a guy who played the first 2 hours and though a "one" character was misogynist.

:confused

Outside the tsundere BS character (and this character being a “genius” that thinks that a skirt is practical while being a grenadier) I remember the ass grab incident ended in a fist fight between the female character and the ass grabbing dude (that most of the soldiers in the squad were cheering on).

I’m yet to pass chapter 5 and the characters can be pretty anime cliche early on, but is not exactly rampantly sexist.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #66550 on: February 11, 2019, 01:32:27 PM »
Yeah, that was pretty much the only the incident that anybody could conceivable have a problem with it and it was over in about 5 seconds. But RE has a zero tolerance policy for this kind of stuff, apparently.
dog

Rahxephon91

« Reply #66551 on: February 11, 2019, 01:39:33 PM »
VP4 is so tame that to be offended by it being sexist is almost parody. It really kind of gives ammunition to that argument that some people use games they were never intersted into make their soapbox. Which kind of hurts the discussion about sex issues in games. It’s ridiculous that it ever got brought up with such a inoffensive game.

And it annoys me because it cheapens criticisms of this stuff. There are worthwhile discussions to be had about these kinds of topics, but when you nitpick everything you turn off people. You make it seem like your attacking them and everything they like is problematic. It makes them not want to listen to you because everything they do is “sexist” everything they like is “sexist”.

And a post like this would be banned for downplaying accusations of sexism on RE. When in reality, RE’s tolerance level downplays any actual nuance of conversation.

Jansen

Boredfrom

« Reply #66553 on: February 11, 2019, 02:14:17 PM »
Jesus I'm so angry I need to walk away from the desk. These are moments when I agree with those that ultimately there's little difference in either party.

Fuck Nancy Pelosi. Fuck these politicians and fuck our education system.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/congressowman-omar-ignites-new-anti-semitism-controversy-with-comments-on-aipac.98918/page-10#post-17796070

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #66554 on: February 11, 2019, 02:39:58 PM »
It's really incredible that the first thing this Omar person does (out of all the things she could do) is start to go after 'ze jews!'.
dutch

Boredfrom

« Reply #66555 on: February 11, 2019, 02:46:10 PM »
I just found funny how naive REE is about politics in general. The forum mood zig zags between apologist to bloodthirsty.

Dem leadership showed their true colors today. It was possible to call out poor wording on Omar's part without positioning the Democratic Party line as unequivocally pro-Israel and pro-AIPAC. They did the exact opposite. They also highlight their hypocrisy by claiming they are anti-hatred, yet share values and strategic interests with a literal and self-defined ethnostate that is killing children and journalists, and all but committing genocide.

Pelosi and thus the Democratic Party has sided with the Right and with hate today. Never forget that. Let's make sure the Democratic Party does better.

I mean, lol
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 02:50:51 PM by Boredfrom »

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #66556 on: February 11, 2019, 03:02:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1095046561254567937

Ah yes, from the political class of Donald Trump. When in doubt DOUBLE DOWN.
dutch

KennyLoggins

« Reply #66557 on: February 11, 2019, 03:04:40 PM »
edit

:no1curr

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 03:21:47 PM by KennyLoggins »

Philip Cardgage

• Frank O'Conner's (Franchise Development Director of the once well reviewed Halo series) Life Coach
« Reply #66558 on: February 11, 2019, 03:05:31 PM »
From one of the most useless UN representatives in modern history. Go away you useless hag.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/congressowman-omar-ignites-new-anti-semitism-controversy-with-comments-on-aipac.98918/post-17777875

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #66559 on: February 11, 2019, 03:15:52 PM »
Quick someone find out if any of the AIPAC members went on vacation to Moscow once.  :shaking
dutch

« Reply #66560 on: February 11, 2019, 03:23:08 PM »
VP4 is so tame that to be offended by it being sexist is almost parody. It really kind of gives ammunition to that argument that some people use games they were never intersted into make their soapbox. Which kind of hurts the discussion about sex issues in games. It’s ridiculous that it ever got brought up with such a inoffensive game.

And it annoys me because it cheapens criticisms of this stuff. There are worthwhile discussions to be had about these kinds of topics, but when you nitpick everything you turn off people. You make it seem like your attacking them and everything they like is problematic. It makes them not want to listen to you because everything they do is “sexist” everything they like is “sexist”.

And a post like this would be banned for downplaying accusations of sexism on RE. When in reality, RE’s tolerance level downplays any actual nuance of conversation.

If they actually played the game they'd know there was a lot more to the story between Raz and Kai but of course they never actually play the games

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #66561 on: February 11, 2019, 03:29:18 PM »

This worked out for yass queen, right kirblar?

KennyLoggins

« Reply #66562 on: February 11, 2019, 03:49:23 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #66563 on: February 11, 2019, 04:10:14 PM »
:kobeyuck

Philip Cardgage

Boredfrom

« Reply #66565 on: February 11, 2019, 04:25:30 PM »
Ah nothing like taking food away from people who actually depend on it to save a couple of bucks

:doge

This quote is peak REEE

Philip Cardgage

« Reply #66566 on: February 11, 2019, 04:27:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/xxxtentacion-rejected-for-grammys-in-memoriam-segment.99048/post-17801082

Woulda thought X was Hitler based on some of these comments, jesus christ.

joeboy101

• Treasurer for Big Conservative Money
« Reply #66567 on: February 11, 2019, 04:34:09 PM »

Gotta admit, this made me chuckle.

porkbun

« Reply #66568 on: February 11, 2019, 04:38:37 PM »
Ah nothing like taking food away from people who actually depend on it to save a couple of bucks

This quote is peak REEE

Written on a $800 iPhone while waiting for their $30 dinner from DoorDash to arrive.

marrec

« Reply #66569 on: February 11, 2019, 04:43:13 PM »

This quote is peak REEE

Written on a $800 iPhone while waiting for their $30 dinner from DoorDash to arrive.

You just gave me a new idea for a blind-box style website called "DumpsterDash"

Shuri

« Reply #66571 on: February 11, 2019, 05:06:36 PM »
Eating food from a dumpster as a hobby is peak white privilege.

Jansen

« Reply #66572 on: February 11, 2019, 05:12:07 PM »
The little hipster shits dumpster-diving are fucking dicks

filler

• (((Love you guys )))
« Reply #66573 on: February 11, 2019, 05:14:12 PM »
the reee are now dumpster diving for food  :lol :lol :lol
rahx

riotous

• my wife fucks me
« Reply #66574 on: February 11, 2019, 05:19:14 PM »
The jerky isn't expired;  of course that just means it was thrown out for probably a worse reason.

edit:  Oh, he works there.. kind of lame story at that point

Philip Cardgage

« Reply #66575 on: February 11, 2019, 05:26:12 PM »
Literally stealing food from the mouths of the less fortunate.

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #66576 on: February 11, 2019, 05:29:43 PM »
He's right you know. FRANK O CONNOR could've used that to feed the HALO sweatshop.
dutch

thisismyusername

• https://goo.gl/SEuEBL Stay pressed, DNC.
« Reply #66577 on: February 11, 2019, 05:56:50 PM »
He's right you know. FRANK O CONNOR could've used that to feed the HALO sweatshop.

You guys do realize you could Beetlejuice him here?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #66578 on: February 11, 2019, 05:58:47 PM »
I'm starting to feel for Hobbes. He keeps putting his foot in his mouth

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xxxtentacion-rejected-for-grammys-in-memoriam-segment.99048/post-17801082

riotous

• my wife fucks me
« Reply #66579 on: February 11, 2019, 06:03:19 PM »

Thread is full of gators.

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #66580 on: February 11, 2019, 06:18:56 PM »

Hobbes is a terrible poster all around and he doesn't work for an outlet anymore.
Still he's Era verified, mod protected and shit. It boggles the mind.
dutch

Boredfrom

« Reply #66581 on: February 11, 2019, 06:27:15 PM »

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #66582 on: February 11, 2019, 06:36:14 PM »
Oh come on Sony removed Spacey and replaced him with Plummer.

They have no excuse  :hmph
dutch

Boredfrom

« Reply #66583 on: February 11, 2019, 06:43:00 PM »
Pls, don’t be serious Nintex...

stufte

• Demonstrable misogynistic double-standard as contextualized by infraction history
« Reply #66584 on: February 11, 2019, 07:00:12 PM »
All the Neil Breen gifs are getting me worked up, keep em coming.  :-*

Trojita

« Reply #66585 on: February 11, 2019, 07:00:59 PM »
This story from the Max Landis thread

https://medium.com/@coloursocietyreject/i-submit-the-following-to-the-court-of-public-opinion-fd966549cc5e

Max and I were friends for seven years. A few years into our friendship, we went on a trip to Hicksville Trailer Palace in Joshua Tree, a place that Atlas Obscura has aptly described as an “eclectic trailer park retreat in the middle of the California desert.”

Is this white hipster post modernism?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #66586 on: February 11, 2019, 07:03:48 PM »
All the Neil Breen gifs are getting me worked up, keep em coming.  :-*

dog

Boredfrom

« Reply #66587 on: February 11, 2019, 07:06:28 PM »
Didn’t the Simpsons warn us that the court of public opinion are a bunch of dumbfucks?

Boredfrom

« Reply #66588 on: February 11, 2019, 07:21:57 PM »
I can't believe I got my Twitter locked because some alt right shit heel reported me for wishing ill on Vic.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/funimation-has-parted-ways-with-vic-mignogna-after-homophobia-antisemitism-sexual-harrassment-and-more-scandal.99073/page-3#post-17806320

:era

Boredfrom

« Reply #66590 on: February 11, 2019, 07:56:49 PM »
Glad I don’t follow dubs to care about the shit show (#notmyEd in any case). The guy is probably a creep but the shit show has been hilarious in both sides. That known trolls and woke assholes have been involved in this makes me doubt there is not also a lot of bad blood just happening to surface.

He is also #notmyBroly so I don’t care about him be recasted.  :trumps

Boredfrom

« Reply #66591 on: February 11, 2019, 08:01:59 PM »
You could read it like that, or you could just acknowledge that they're saying that it's a freaking minefield if you're not 100% on your shit. Even when you are right.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/congressowman-omar-ignites-new-anti-semitism-controversy-with-comments-on-aipac.98918/post-17808404

:yeshrug :umad

Is like nobody warned you about this...

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #66592 on: February 11, 2019, 08:02:30 PM »
Yuck, dubs  :nope

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:expert

Tiops

« Reply #66593 on: February 11, 2019, 08:03:24 PM »
Just wanted to pointed out that this thread about Chinese government helping Venezuela to spy on its citizens was opened 1 hour ago and still has no post:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-china-helped-venezuela-spy-on-its-citizens.99088/

Boredfrom

« Reply #66594 on: February 11, 2019, 08:08:23 PM »
Considering how relatively mild what Omar said was, I think it’s fairly obvious that blowing up the minefield is the only option. There is no good faith in the criticisms, and the only way to defang them is to rob them of their power and singlemindedly pursue the political goal of forcing Israel to reform itself.

:lol

KennyLoggins

« Reply #66595 on: February 11, 2019, 08:16:54 PM »
That's the site where you get a slap on the wrist (2 days or something) for calling Israel a nation of grifters. :lol

« Reply #66596 on: February 11, 2019, 08:21:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/funimation-has-parted-ways-with-vic-mignogna-after-homophobia-antisemitism-sexual-harrassment-and-more-scandal.99073/post-17807082

:dead

I love that all of this is happening because he wouldnt sign someones yaoi fanfic, that's why they keep saying homophobia, because he wouldnt sign someones fanfic about brolychu fucking pikakarot

Boredfrom

« Reply #66597 on: February 11, 2019, 08:25:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/funimation-has-parted-ways-with-vic-mignogna-after-homophobia-antisemitism-sexual-harrassment-and-more-scandal.99073/post-17807082

I love that all of this is happening because he wouldnt sign someones yaoi fanfic, that's why they keep saying homophobia, because he wouldnt sign someones fanfic about brolychu fucking pikakarot

Outside the anti Semitic and homophobia hyperbole, seems he is a genuine creep, though.

Leadbelly

« Reply #66598 on: February 11, 2019, 08:36:24 PM »

Outside the anti Semitic and homophobia hyperbole, seems he is a genuine creep, though.

lol

I have absolutely no idea who this person is or what he has supposed to have done, but I always wonder these days what these words actually mean. And now you have cleared it up for me. The usual bullshit. Or at least certain accusations thrown at him.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #66599 on: February 11, 2019, 08:38:13 PM »
Nah, Vic's been a well-known creeper for years, but he was one of the big names in the industry so nobody wanted to bring it out into the open.
dog