Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 601952 times)

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #720 on: January 03, 2019, 02:17:44 PM »
why does he need donations again?
Because his psycholiterary analysis of the entire bible, which was supposed to prove that Christianity is the culmination of human spiritual development and western civilization, stopped at the end of... Genesis

and then for the rest of the year he just fucked around with Dave Rubin  :doge

I started a livetweet of the bible a couple years back, which lasted for all of two chapters of Genesis, so hey.
QED

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #721 on: January 03, 2019, 02:26:18 PM »
Please PM me your twitter.
每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

agrajag

« Reply #723 on: January 04, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »
Mikhaila, sounds like a Russian dog signal, Jordan.

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #724 on: January 04, 2019, 08:49:11 PM »
Please PM me your twitter.

https://twitter.com/crossslide most of it is banal thoughts and RT spam tho
QED

benjipwns

« Reply #725 on: January 04, 2019, 08:53:13 PM »
most of it is banal thoughts and RT spam tho
you already said it's a twitter account

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #726 on: January 04, 2019, 09:14:44 PM »
Odds are no human ever looked at her account during the entire process. Not until now. Maybe. :doge
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 11:05:23 PM by Rufus »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #727 on: January 05, 2019, 03:00:38 AM »
For a group that has "racial/ethnic/sexual oppression is just fake victimhood culture" as one of its central conceits, all these dinguses are pretty quick to play martyr.

recursivelyenumerable

QED

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #730 on: January 09, 2019, 10:56:29 PM »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #731 on: January 09, 2019, 11:11:18 PM »
Our exiled Peterson superfan liked to image that Taleb and Peterson are fans of one another (they very well may be, I have no idea):
https://medium.com/incerto/iq-is-largely-a-pseudoscientific-swindle-f131c101ba39

Oblivion

« Reply #732 on: January 09, 2019, 11:33:23 PM »
Our exiled Peterson superfan liked to image that Taleb and Peterson are fans of one another (they very well may be, I have no idea):
https://medium.com/incerto/iq-is-largely-a-pseudoscientific-swindle-f131c101ba39

What's that dude's deal?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #733 on: January 09, 2019, 11:34:26 PM »

Was this dude always like this, or did he keep it under wraps better? Cause I had the impression that he was generally in good standing with the wank dad society (though on the spicier end of the spectrum), doing podcasts with Peterson and Rubin etc, but now it feels like I'm seeing a couple screenshots of him saying shit like this every week.

shosta

« Reply #734 on: January 09, 2019, 11:39:47 PM »
He's been a wackjob for well over a decade and was the primordial wank dad.
每天生气

Oblivion

« Reply #735 on: January 09, 2019, 11:40:07 PM »
I first heard of the guy like back in 2012/2013 when he debated Sam Seder. He came off as a pretty unremarkable libertarian at the time. In recent years though, he's gotten more into the white nationalism/legitimate cult creation shit that you see nowadays. He's definitely gotten a lot more brazen about it too.

shosta

« Reply #736 on: January 09, 2019, 11:41:24 PM »

EDIT: From 2014:
Molyneux said that because 90% of a child’s brain is formed by the experiences it has before the age of 5, and women have “an almost universal control over childhood,” violence exists in the world because of the way women treat children.

“If we could just get people to be nice to their babies for five years straight, that would be it for war, drug abuse, addiction, promiscuity, sexually transmitted diseases,” he said. “Almost all would be completely eliminated, because they all arise from dysfunctional early childhood experiences, which are all run by women.”

EDIT: lol'd at this one:

https://twitter.com/StefanMolyneux/status/886710167794061312
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:46:07 PM by shosta »
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #738 on: January 10, 2019, 12:20:17 AM »
Molyneux was always like that, but because his videos were like half an hour to an hour of him just sitting in front of a wall nobody but the cultists probably watched his whole videos. He had like one good debate with some weirdo academic and parlayed that into wank dad success. I remember on a few libertarian sites people initially liked them but then were like he's a weirdo and boring and isn't as smart nor as well read as he proclaims, and then it got to just making fun of him. It was places like Lew Rockwell which entertains the whole white male genocide problem more often where he still had fans by 2014 or so.

I haven't probably watched one of his videos in at least that long so I don't know if he's gotten worse, or into more alt-right/MRA stuff. Last one I did, I remember he was completely misunderstanding some basic libertarian point (ala something a "philosopher" should know because it's from Mises or Hayek or Rothbard or whatever) while giving an account of history that was less factually wrong than presented so confusingly that it made zero sense, and the video was of course just him sitting in front of a wall so there wasn't actually any kind of well, anything to help you keep track of exactly what he was saying or the order of events or anything .

I do sort of remember my personally lumping him in with the (often Canadian for some reason) Objectivist types, even though I don't think he's an Objectivist, that sees a whole "clash of civilizations" going on and argues that it's not a rights violation to murder people in countries with less rights than the United States/Canada because countries that have more freedom are justified to "liberate" less free countries. It was because he was saying some similar stuff about Muslim countries and Islam. Some other wank dad people like Sargon have occasionally expressed similar sentiments about people who live under Islam.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:35:31 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #739 on: January 10, 2019, 12:20:59 AM »
Quote from: Stefan Molyneux
What's best for the children is not always what's best for your penis.
newsfeed

benjipwns

« Reply #740 on: January 10, 2019, 12:23:47 AM »
why would you think anyone wants to see your "old graduate school" desk in an university library? even your daughter?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #741 on: January 10, 2019, 12:27:50 AM »
What's that dude's deal?
He hates "bullshitters" and "Intellectuals Yet Idiots". Steven Pinker, psychologists in general, Monsanto - to name a few. Can be insightful, if difficult to understand. Definitely entertaining though. :lol

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #742 on: January 10, 2019, 12:33:19 AM »
Molypoo is a regular on Alex Jones to give you an idea about him.
Margs

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #743 on: January 10, 2019, 12:55:54 AM »
A takedown of a Malcolm Gladwell piece seems fitting enough for the thread:

https://twitter.com/davelevitan/status/1082668393512267776 (yeah, it's a thread)

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #744 on: January 10, 2019, 01:33:09 AM »
Gladwell wrote that piece where Vivek Ranadive is portrayed as a maverick genius for having his daughter's basketball team run a full court press. I read that and didn't make the connection that it was the same guy who bought the Kings until stories leaked about him wanting them to play 4-on-5 defense.

Also I just wondered what Philippe Rushton was up to, since this resurgence in race science should be right up his alley, and it turns out he died in 2012. hahaha

benjipwns

« Reply #745 on: January 10, 2019, 01:45:23 AM »
I'm sure someone has brought this up, but I was always confused why when that story came out nobody seemed to think the opposing team wouldn't just leave back a defender ala hockey/soccer/etc., especially to potentially front the pass. Instead all the writers seemed to be arguing about the advantage of an extra man on offense, which I think would be less of a problem of having an unguarded man shooting and more of not being able to as easily box out the fifth player. Teams already have plenty of experience guarding possessions with a single weak side man in a zone and two or more offensive players not even involved in it.

edit: Actually, perhaps ironically, a center like Boogie gives you arguably the same advantage as that 4-on-5 scheme if he doesn't have to run block to block but instead plays outside. That's why the Bucks can play five out with Brook Lopez, or why Channing Frye is still in the league.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:expert
[close]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:52:45 AM by benjipwns »

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #746 on: January 10, 2019, 02:20:14 AM »
I'm sure someone has brought this up, but I was always confused why when that story came out nobody seemed to think the opposing team wouldn't just leave back a defender ala hockey/soccer/etc., especially to potentially front the pass. Instead all the writers seemed to be arguing about the advantage of an extra man on offense, which I think would be less of a problem of having an unguarded man shooting and more of not being able to as easily box out the fifth player. Teams already have plenty of experience guarding possessions with a single weak side man in a zone and two or more offensive players not even involved in it.

edit: Actually, perhaps ironically, a center like Boogie gives you arguably the same advantage as that 4-on-5 scheme if he doesn't have to run block to block but instead plays outside. That's why the Bucks can play five out with Brook Lopez, or why Channing Frye is still in the league.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:expert
[close]

Now I'm having flashbacks to when I used to check up on Dave Berri's blog, where every post was some variation of "Conventional wisdom says that Joel Przybilla is an unremarkable player. This shows that everybody involved in decision-making in the NBA is an idiot, because he has the highest Wins Produced since Dennis Rodman and has single-handedly won 15 games this season."

benjipwns

« Reply #747 on: January 10, 2019, 02:28:30 AM »
I never understood why WoW didn't see how obvious it was they were overweighting (offensive) rebounds.

BoxScoreGeeks has never bothered, even with all their tweaks, to fix their inability to project future wins within a sensible MoE with it.

edit: here's some peak-Joel for ya: https://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players?sort=wins_produced&direction=desc&season=2008
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 02:34:49 AM by benjipwns »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #748 on: January 10, 2019, 02:33:19 AM »
I'm sure someone has brought this up, but I was always confused why when that story came out nobody seemed to think the opposing team wouldn't just leave back a defender ala hockey/soccer/etc., especially to potentially front the pass.

Everybody said this!

benjipwns

« Reply #749 on: January 10, 2019, 02:35:29 AM »
k

benjipwns

« Reply #750 on: January 10, 2019, 02:39:11 AM »
huh
After the story was written, it was published and run on Forbes.com at 9:00 a.m. ET on October 23rd. However, after the NBA complained about the content of Berri’s story to his editors, the story was removed from Forbes’ website shortly after noon on the same day. No one at Forbes edited the piece before it was published, according to Berri.

Berri and Forbes have since parted ways after the article was taken down and not re-run. The two parties were unable to come to an agreement over republishing the story and how it could be further improved and edited for publication.

“The article was removed because it failed to meet Forbes’ strict editorial standards for accuracy and fairness,” Forbes said in a statement to WNBAInsidr. “Specifically, the contributor intentionally omitted facts and context from an authoritative source that would have undermined his thesis. As a result, David Berri was removed as a Forbes contributor.” Berri told WNBAInsidr that the editor at Forbes failed to indicate to him which specific claims made by Berri undermined his argument and what changes needed to be made. Berri said that he asked his editor to make specific changes, and the editor refused.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #751 on: January 10, 2019, 02:39:36 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #752 on: January 10, 2019, 02:43:18 AM »
excellent :mrburns

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #753 on: January 10, 2019, 02:45:58 AM »
This thread's dredging up some internet names I hadn't thought about in a minute.

It's like when I was reading about the Angry Puppies thing and finally realized that "Theodore Beale" was really just Vox Day.

benjipwns

« Reply #754 on: January 10, 2019, 06:45:47 AM »

:lol

agrajag

« Reply #755 on: January 10, 2019, 06:47:53 AM »
trim your nails benji, jeez. It's like nothing Daddy P says is getting through to you.

BIONIC

« Reply #756 on: January 10, 2019, 06:53:33 AM »
Is this now the catch-all thread for all the shitheads that use the phrase “the marketplace of ideas” unironically?  :bedroomeyes
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #757 on: January 10, 2019, 06:55:54 AM »
That was etoliate's original vision and I'm staying true to it. Peterson's explosive popularity and Assi's inability to read just made him the premier Wank Dad.

agrajag

« Reply #758 on: January 10, 2019, 06:57:24 AM »
Is this now the catch-all thread for all the shitheads that use the phrase “the marketplace of ideas” unironically?  :bedroomeyes

I don't think there is a single person on the bore that uses marketplace of ideas unironically.

benjipwns

« Reply #759 on: January 10, 2019, 07:00:51 AM »
Oh man, how did this never make it into the canon:
Quote from: etoliate
There's a You Must Be This Tall To Ride rule about this stuff. You Must Be This Emotionally and Intellectually Mature To Ride the discussion roller coaster. [=- Proceed to emoji your rolleyes and newsfeed here -=]

BIONIC

« Reply #760 on: January 10, 2019, 07:02:33 AM »

I don't think there is a single person on the bore that uses marketplace of ideas unironically.

I mean the “personalities” Benji keeps posting about, not my fellow Boritos.
Margs

agrajag

« Reply #761 on: January 10, 2019, 07:10:11 AM »
oh, in that case yes. It occasionally spills over to the Politics thread, to the chagrin of Debbie Downer Mandark.

Mandark

• Icon

benjipwns

« Reply #763 on: January 10, 2019, 07:11:40 AM »
I'd like to point out that Sargon literally e-mailed the Louis C.K. embassy.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #764 on: January 10, 2019, 07:18:28 AM »

I don't get this gag.

benjipwns

« Reply #765 on: January 10, 2019, 07:22:46 AM »
There was a ResetERA.com thread about China doing some crappy authoritarian thing and someone posted "what can we do about it?" and the response was "e-mail the embassy."

They've had a large number of similar comments about how people need to post on someone's Facebook/Twitter about [X] and that was rolled into e-mail the embassy. Like one was about something Elizabeth Warren did and dude was all "people need to be telling her on Facebook."

edit: https://www.resetera.com/threads/reuters-tracking-chinas-muslim-gulag.84477/post-15568802
Criticism at world stage should be start. Email chinese embassy. Write in news paper national one.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:26:51 AM by benjipwns »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #766 on: January 10, 2019, 07:25:46 AM »
well I walked into that one

benjipwns

« Reply #767 on: January 10, 2019, 07:32:09 AM »
I just like that he thinks Louis C.K. personally copyright strikes YouTube videos or answers his public e-mail.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #768 on: January 10, 2019, 07:37:13 AM »
Yeah, I was just going to point that out. I know it lists him personally as the claimant rather than a production company or whatever (makes sense, it's a live performance not being distributed otherwise), but what are the odds that the multi-millionaire comedian is sitting at home manually searching Youtube and filling out copyright strike forms?

It's like one step away from middle aged guys tweeting at the pictures posted by some generic Hot Girls Daily type account, as if they're speaking directly to Kylie Jenner or whoever.

edit: or a Canadian professor in the middle of a meat-filled fugue state challenging various quote accounts to a live debate.

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #769 on: January 10, 2019, 10:23:02 AM »
I do sort of remember my personally lumping him in with the (often Canadian for some reason) Objectivist types, even though I don't think he's an Objectivist, that sees a whole "clash of civilizations" going on and argues that it's not a rights violation to murder people in countries with less rights than the United States/Canada because countries that have more freedom are justified to "liberate" less free countries. It was because he was saying some similar stuff about Muslim countries and Islam. Some other wank dad people like Sargon have occasionally expressed similar sentiments about people who live under Islam.

Wasn't something like this the official Ayn Rand Institute position?
QED

agrajag

« Reply #770 on: January 10, 2019, 11:16:22 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Narrator:  Nobody understood that reference you weirdo.

Hello riotous, I would like to introduce you to Beni (not to be confused with the ResetERA video game sales insider)

benjipwns

« Reply #771 on: January 10, 2019, 11:36:16 AM »
I like to think Benji is locked in a padded room somewhere staring at a bank of computer screens that scroll resetera, neogaf, thebore, twitter posts, etc. past him 24 hours a day.   Every once in a while a keyboard emerges from the wall and he is allowed to type posts into the Bore for a few minutes at a time.   
pls no dox

agrajag

« Reply #772 on: January 10, 2019, 11:37:54 AM »
I like to think Benji is locked in a padded room somewhere staring at a bank of computer screens that scroll resetera, neogaf, thebore, twitter posts, etc. past him 24 hours a day.   Every once in a while a keyboard emerges from the wall and he is allowed to type posts into the Bore for a few minutes at a time.

he's like the alt-right Cypher from The Matrix

#Assireference

agrajag

« Reply #773 on: January 10, 2019, 11:39:02 AM »
"I don't even see the code. All I see is cuck, SJW, furry, transracial."

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #774 on: January 10, 2019, 12:43:04 PM »

recursivelyenumerable

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 06:43:20 PM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #776 on: January 11, 2019, 12:46:19 AM »
do you think I am fucking stupid enough to not check Babylonian genetics?

newsfeed pls

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #777 on: January 11, 2019, 01:43:31 AM »

my close family is currently going through genetic testing, due to a defect in my liver that they can't figure out. as a result, i've had to listen to my brother who is on this diet, arguing with the doctors there about what a great diet this is. the amount of times i've had to listen to his bullshit recently and just pray to god him or the doctor would give up.  :stahp

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #778 on: January 11, 2019, 09:16:20 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #779 on: January 11, 2019, 09:18:04 PM »
 :dead